PDA

View Full Version : Fan's Choice Back On????!!!!!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

Turbowars
03-12-2006, 08:01 PM
We can't vote yet, but it's on Toyfairs website.

Tycho
03-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Tycho - I'm amazed that you're not starting the Padme in slutty outfit crusade!

That's a good idea too, but I think they'll make a few more of her character:

1) main character (plus one)
2) attractive outfits (plus two)
3) speaking lines (plus three)
4) Evolutions set potentials (plus four)

There are still 3 Padmes from TPM not yet made. If those alone spawned Evolutions sets:

1) Padme purple Return to Naboo gown / Qui-Gon's funeral dress
black leather temptation from AOTC
Silver Senate outfit from Palpatine's Galactic Empire announcement

2) Padme black post-senate, Nute Gunray capture gown
Yellow by-the-waterfalls dress from AOTC
blue nightgown & pregnant attire from C-3PO's "I feel so helpless" moment

3) Padme yellow pre-Senate meeting attire
purple/blue Senator robes from Palpatine's office in AOTC
brown "Ruminations" Padme from during Anakin's critical choice

That would take care of TPM, but there are still plenty of outfits from AOTC and ROTS that need to be made. Some may be carded:

ROTS carded Padmes:

1) buns in hair like Leia
2) Senator with head cap from "hold me, Anakin" scene
3) white birthing dress scene

AOTC carded Padmes:

1) backless dress from kiss by the lake - maybe this should go in an Evolutions set?
2) nightgown from kahoun attack and balcony scenes - ditto
3) Tatooine dress from "I killed them all scene." - ditto

I tried to set up the above Evolutions packs to provide excitement through having a variety of colors. However, some of the AOTC Padmes I suggested would sell well as single-carded figures (black leather temptation, yellow waterfall dress) and others like the creamcycle colored backless dress from their first kiss would probably perform more poorly. The Senator outfit from AOTC would also sell well as a carded figure of her.

If you think about it, the Theed Throne dress (red) from TPM was a POTJ salt-shaker but it never pegwarmed. Sabe sold alright as well.

All the Padmes should be made, but the worse choices could go in the Evolutions sets to tempt us if we need to be (to get the other figures).

But Theed Throne Padme was not really an action scene figure and there is not going to be a lot of Padme's left from action scenes. She's not Princess Leia in every scene. By the same token, her action scenes were done:

Theed Hanger Duel (2 figures, no less) & Sabe if she counts
white jumpsuit (Geonosian Droid Factory and Arena Battle Damage)
Mustafar

Many of her non-action scenes sold well:

Senate Queen
Theed Throne
Theed Celebration
Black Travel (Sabe really)
Tatooine Pod Race - OK, well that one sat initially, but they shipped so many!
Tatooine Lars Farm
Wedding Ceremony

Umbra
03-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Wow, first i m ust express my at least mild annoyance at how you people have just ripped into EU fans,

You complain about how many Eu characters but lets see...

HUndreds of OT characters have been made
Hundreds of PT characters made

EU figures made, not including clone wars, are what, under a dozen?

So sue us if some of us actually want to see these characters made, outside this poll the chances of that are what... .01%

((For the record on whoever was saying EU fan = PT fans, I'm an OT fan far more than PT)

I agree that the list isn't what i would have hoped it be, and there are a few characters on there who are wasting spots, but still geeze.

Kidhuman
03-12-2006, 08:34 PM
I am voting Yarna. That said and done.

Darth Cruel
03-12-2006, 08:40 PM
I, myself, don't have a problem with EU. The more Star Wars, the better for me, even (shudder) Yarna (what a disgusting character she was). I just want to see them done in a priority that makes sense like most important to the basic story first (that is an example).

Blackened88
03-12-2006, 08:45 PM
We can't vote yet, but it's on Toyfairs website.
finally, thank you

TheDarthVader
03-12-2006, 09:53 PM
See my signature. Not sure if voting has been "turned off" yet.

B.
TDV

Droid
03-12-2006, 10:15 PM
I'd also like to point out that we did that top 50 figs never made - there are (I think) 2 that are on the same list. Padme in black dress and Hermi. Something is amiss...

Ya, shows we wasted our time making that list of 50. Hasbro would look at our list and say, "Ya, well the fans don't want these obscure characters so we'll either make what Toyfare says they want or make what we want to make ... more Vaders!"

The list has from the movies: two figures from Episode I (one Padme and one DARTH MAUL), one figure from Episode II (PADME), two figures from Episode III (both clones), NOT ONE FIGURE FROM EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE?!?, one figure from Episode V (an internet joke that has gone too far), and three figures from Episode VI (one of whom is Luke). Isn't it great Hasbro thinks we want EU, main characters, and clones. No more aliens, droids, or characters with original trilogy dialogue for us Hasbro, we're good, thanks.

So once again ... didn't make the list: Owen, Beru, Lando Smuggler, CZ-3, Tey How, Tagge, Bom Vimdim, Queen Jamilla, Daultay Dofine, Colonel Yularen, Torryn Farr, M'iiyoom Onith, Jocasta Nu, Saurin, THE TONNIKAS, Wioslea, Reegesk the Ranat, R2 shot outside the bunker, the Givin, Luke Medical Frigate, Leia Medical Frigate, Sgt. Doallyn, Klaatu, Biggs from Anchorhead, Sim Aloo, black Bespin Guard, Lumat, Warok, Romba, Kitster, Wald, CLIEGG LARS, Queen of Alderaan, Dice Ibegon, multiarmed droid from the droid sale, dome droid from the droid sale, Captain Needa, Jabba's guard who shot Luke, Jabba's Palace Ishi Tibb, mother Ewok with Wokling. Good luck getting them now - the voters told Hasbro we'd rather have figures from novels, comic books, and video games.

To quote Clark W. Griswold, "Where's the Tylenol?"

I will of course vote for Yarna and pray that the EU people split their votes and hope Hermi isn't splitting the OT vote.

Turbowars
03-12-2006, 10:28 PM
See my signature. Not sure if voting has been "turned off" yet.

B.
TDVThe list of the 25 figures has already been chosen. If you think that's bogus them think about how the Toy fair mag has already been printed and should be hitting news stands in 2 days. I'd say the voting is done.

Lord Malakite
03-12-2006, 11:02 PM
While I prefer an EU figure, I'd be just as fine with a movie figure. All I'm hoping for is one of the characters we have never seen before, not a simple kitbash/repaint (techno color clone rainbow squad) or resculpt old character/new outfit (wife Mara Jade, British pub Darth Maul, bed time Padme etc.).

Phantom-like Menace
03-13-2006, 12:18 AM
I imagine Hasbro realizes this list is less about what we want than it is about what we knew they wouldn't give us otherwise. And please, no one read that sentence to say we voted for figures we didn't want, because that is not what I wrote. I'd love a Lando Smuggler, or Jocasta Nu, and I have an obsession with clones that can't be healthy by any stretch of the imagination, but I can't believe that Hasbro won't get around to making them in the next . . . is it twelve years that Hasbro has the license? It just doesn't make sense for me to vote for them. When I was young and wanted socks for Christmas I never had to tell my mother I wanted socks.

Anyone who looks at this list can only make one evidenced assumption about how Hasbro should handle the line in the future: Hasbro has sorely neglected the interest in the Expanded Universe. And to be perfectly honest, they already realized that anyway as evidenced by the slew of EU figures we were already getting this year.

This was not in any way, shape, or form a vote for figures we do not want, and Hasbro will not suddenly go into business making EU figures with no eye toward movie characters.

DarthAngel
03-13-2006, 12:22 AM
Ya, shows we wasted our time making that list of 50. Hasbro would look at our list and say, "Ya, well the fans don't want these obscure characters so we'll either make what Toyfare says they want or make what we want to make ... more Vaders!"

The list has from the OT: two figures from Episode I (one Padme and one DARTH MAUL), one figure from Episode II (PADME), two figures from Episode III (both clones), NOT ONE FIGURE FROM EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE?!?, one figure from Episode V (an internet joke that has gone too far), and three figures from Episode VI (one of whom is Luke). Isn't it great Hasbro thinks we want EU, main characters, and clones. No more aliens, droids, or characters with original trilogy dialogue for us Hasbro, we're good, thanks.

So once again ... didn't make the list: Owen, Beru, Lando Smuggler, CZ-3, Tey How, Tagge, Bom Vimdim, Queen Jamilla, Daultay Dofine, Colonel Yularen, Torryn Farr, M'iiyoom Onith, Jocasta Nu, Saurin, THE TONNIKAS, Wioslea, Reegesk the Ranat, R2 shot outside the bunker, the Givin, Luke Medical Frigate, Leia Medical Frigate, Sgt. Doallyn, Klaatu, Biggs from Anchorhead, Sim Aloo, black Bespin Guard, Lumat, Warok, Romba, Kitster, Wald, CLIEGG LARS, Queen of Alderaan, Dice Ibegon, multiarmed droid from the droid sale, dome droid from the droid sale, Captain Needa, Jabba's guard who shot look, Jabba's Palace Ishi Tibb, mother Ewok with Wokling. Good luck getting them now - the voters told Hasbro we'd rather have figures from novels, comic books, and video games.

To quote Clark W. Griswold, "Where's the Tylenol?"

I will of course vote for Yarna and pray that the EU people split their votes and hope Hermi isn't splitting the OT vote.

Wow! You know, some of you guys are really a bunch of complaining, inconsiderate cry babies. Arrogant too!

Not everyone who likes EU also like the PT, and vice versa. I happen to like the PT and the OT, and I am not a real big fan of EU. But I would rather be given the option to pick from a list of 25 that WE (which includes the fans of EU) the fans voted for; rather than have Hasbro give us no choice at all.

Besides, I am sure if a majority of the figures that made the top 25 were from either the OT or the PT, there would definately be a bunch of YOU GUYS who would complain because a certain Padme didn't make the list, or because there weren't any/enough cantina patrons, or ewoks, or creatures from Jabba's palace (I still can't see what all the fuss is about over Yarna when there are PLENTY OF OTHER FEMALE CHARACTERS that Hasbro could make).

You want to express your disappointment in the list, that is fine and totally understandable. But to read almost every other post, have something negative to say because there are EU characters on the list, is well rather unnerving to those of us collectors WHO ARE AT LEAST THANKFUL THAT THEY GOT TO TAKE PART IN SOMETHING THAT WILL MOST LIKELY NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN. If you don't like the way the list turned out, then don't vote when it is time to vote again. I don't know what else to say other than that we have until 2018 for Hasbro to get enough figures out that will make kids and collectors happy.

Personally, if I decide to vote, I am either going with Hermie, or (according to some of you; what a wasted vote this would be) one of the Solo kids.

::walks away quoting Jimmy Doogan:: There's no crying! No Crying!

DarkArtist
03-13-2006, 10:11 AM
I'd have to vote for EU charcters since there is the chance that the figures from the movies will be made in time. After all, Hasbro does have the license till 2018.

I would never vote for Yarna, not to knock on those who would, but she is not in my top choice, plus she is just disturbing. Snow bunny amidala is another off the list since we might be getting one of these within the next few months from Target. I just wonder if it is going to be animated or not.

I would have to go with either Mara Jade, or Jaina, and Corran Horn or Kyle Katarn.

Droid
03-13-2006, 10:19 AM
Wow! You know, some of you guys are really a bunch of complaining, inconsiderate cry babies. Arrogant too!

Ya, those people are terrible. I hope none of them resort to name calling!

::walks away quoting Jimmy Doogan:: There's no crying! No Crying!

That's very funny. Good quote choice.

Darth Cruel
03-13-2006, 10:34 AM
One of the joys of collecting is that there is never a dull moment! :D

pegger
03-13-2006, 10:57 AM
I'd have to vote for EU charcters since there is the chance that the figures from the movies will be made in time. After all, Hasbro does have the license till 2018.

I would never vote for Yarna, not to knock on those who would, but she is not in my top choice, plus she is just disturbing. Snow bunny amidala is another off the list since we might be getting one of these within the next few months from Target. I just wonder if it is going to be animated or not.

I would have to go with either Mara Jade, or Jaina, and Corran Horn or Kyle Katarn.

OK - but given your logic - why would you vote for Mara Jade or Kyle - both were figs released in 1998?

If I HAD to vote EU - I would probably vote for Darth Malak - atleast its another Sith Lord...

Droid
03-13-2006, 11:12 AM
OK - but given your logic - why would you vote for Mara Jade or Kyle - both were figs released in 1998?

And I have just got to see what incarnation of Darth Maul got so many votes!

If I HAD to vote EU - I would probably vote for Darth Malak - atleast its another Sith Lord...

If I had to vote EU I would have voted for either a Stormtrooper with a removable helmet (with Jango's face) or a Boba Fett with removable helmet, which most people probably don't even consider EU. For me, if it isn't in the movies, it is EU.

dindae
03-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Ultimately I think it will be like the top five of American Idol. The will get the thumbs up as long as there is sufficient votes. While it still shocks me that the tonnikas didn't make the list, I'm guessing that the OT fans all voted for the few options on the list and most of those are the characters Hasbro has an aversion to. As far as EU characters everyone has their own take on it. I would like to see more done but most characters don't stand out to me since I haven't read a lot of the books. I would like the Solo children, the Bothan member or the New Republic (can't remeber the name at the moment), Quilan Vos, Villie the Devorian, a better Mara Jade and many more. I don't think they will all get done. Pegger and Droid the list of the top 50 was for movie characters only although later I believe EU characters snuck in.

Kidhuman
03-13-2006, 11:29 AM
The Tonnika sister is on the rumor list and it is a strong rumor, so people shied away from them(her)

Devo
03-13-2006, 11:53 AM
Although I'm more partial to EU stuff than I used to be I'd still rather have seen more film characters in the list. I'm not good with most obscure names until they actually get made into figures so if any of those characters other than Maul, Luke, Padme, Yarna, Hermi and Willrow are from the films I'm none the wiser right now.

I'm curious about the Darth Maul like anyone else who commented - is it from that graphic novel where he comes back from the dead with mechanical legs to kill Obi-wan on Tatooine? Can't be from the film surely. The evolutions figure was almost perfect.

A ROTJ Luke may not be as stupid a choice as people think. I mean if the Saga figure is as good as we can get in the basic line after 11 years Hasbro needs to know people want something special with this one and soon. The next one thats coming in the endor wave is probably a kitbash. Where is ROTJluke anyway (member of this board, obsessed with Luke in Jedi fatigues as his boardname implied)?

jedi master sal
03-13-2006, 03:22 PM
My only guess as to why Maul is even on there is that people want an SA Maul. They got a close one in the Evolutions set. No need for another.

For everyone: please keep it civil folks. You have every right to complain. If not here then where? Just don't resort to name calling whether that in a complaint or a retort to a complaint.

This all said, wasted vote or not, I'm voting for ICMG or Yarna if they make the next cut.

Sure I want the clones but expect them to be made. As far as EU goes, I would like to have quite a bit of them. I'm an oldtimer too who likes the OT, But I also like the PT too. So please folks don't categorize other collectors because of what you may think. There' no proof as to why one voted one way or another. Don't blame your fellow collector for how the list came out. Shoot for all we know it's a rigged list anyway.

Just play the game, cast your vote and hope for the best (for yourself).

It's safe to say that not everyone is going to be happy with the results. I for one would rather that be Hasbro...if we voted Yarna for instance, then they'd have to face the issue of making the character or not (that they've said they would never make). If they choose not to even after we voted then we've got every right to complain and rip into them.

-Sal

Droid
03-13-2006, 03:31 PM
For everyone: please keep it civil folks. You have every right to complain. If not here then where? Just don't resort to name calling whether that in a complaint or a retort to a complaint.

It's safe to say that not everyone is going to be happy with the results. I for one would rather that be Hasbro...if we voted Yarna for instance, then they'd have to face the issue of making the character or not (that they've said they would never make). If they choose not to even after we voted then we've got every right to complain and rip into them.

-Sal

If I have not been civil I apologize.

If Yarna wins and Hasbro refuses to make her I may well quit collecting. If they want to make her available only by ordering her that would be fine, but if they outright refused to make her ... man oh man.

Slicker
03-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Another thing I don't get is that EU fans are wanting figures of EU characters already produced (i.e. Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn). Why not go for something different since it's obvious that EU offerings are few and far between?

El Chuxter
03-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Malakite, I'd take a bedtime Padme in a flash. :kiss:

There are too many shocking omissions from the list. I mean, no SA Qui-Gon? The Tonnikas? Etc, etc, etc.

I should boycott this mess just because Teek didn't make the cut. :mad:

EU fan I may be, but I'm leaning toward Yarna. Wilrow doesn't seem interesting (the guy SCREAMS "pegwarmer"), but I want Ms D'al Gargan. (She's not a prostitute, either, for you haters. Buncha preverts.)

Quinlan, Corran, and Jedi Master Mara seem too likely, even being EU, and they're the only EU figures I would want more than Yarna. Though if there were a Yuuzhan Vong Battle Pack, I'd be all over that.

Darth Videogame and his kids Darth Coleco, Darth Nintendo, Darth Gameboy. . .give me a freakin' break. :rolleyes:

Lord Malakite
03-14-2006, 10:42 AM
Malakite, I'd take a bedtime Padme in a flash. :kiss:
Bedtime Padme is alright, but I'd prefer a completely new character first over an old character with completely new outfit (and then old character/new outfit over super articulation of an old character/old outfit). So that rules out Mara, Kyle, Luke, Maul, and the three Padmes for me.

Quinlan, Corran, and Jedi Master Mara seem too likely, even being EU, and they're the only EU figures I would want more than Yarna. Though if there were a Yuuzhan Vong Battle Pack, I'd be all over that.
Nom Anor is probably as close as we will get to a Yuuzan Vong Battle Pack. I'm pretty certain he was the one I voted for the first time around (Anor is the Vong on Vector Prime's cover right?), so I'll probably stick with him for this round too.

Darth Videogame and his kids Darth Coleco, Darth Nintendo, Darth Gameboy. . .give me a freakin' break. :rolleyes:
I'm all for those KOTR/KOTR2 Darth figures and the Sith Kun on the list. Pity Darth Bane didn't make the list like his cohorts.:cross-eye

Tycho
03-14-2006, 12:39 PM
What about Darth PS2? Is that a Sith Droid or something? :D

Lord Malakite
03-14-2006, 01:09 PM
What about Darth PS2? Is that a Sith Droid or something? :D
Thats a better choice than what Microsoft fans got: Darth Gaines. Comes complete with lightsaber pen pocket protector with red sabered pens, Sith eyed black rimmed glasses, Windows crashing "red/green/blue/yellow" force lightning, a scaled down replica model of his X-Box 360 Starfighter, a Sith PC Droid, and bags upon bags of republic credits. The back of the card says he is Dark Helmet's long lost cousin's former roomate's best friend from college, but I don't quite buy it.

BlueSnags
03-14-2006, 01:16 PM
Thats a better choice than what Microsoft fans got: Darth Gaines. Comes complete with lightsaber pen pocket protector with red sabered pens, Sith eyed black rimmed glasses, Windows crashing "red/green/blue/yellow" force lightning, a scaled down replica model of his X-Box 360 Starfighter, a Sith PC Droid, and bags upon bags of republic credits. The back of the card says he is Dark Helmet's long lost cousin's former roomate's best friend from college, but I don't quite buy it.

This is freakin great. :laugh:

Phantom-like Menace
03-14-2006, 02:01 PM
Another thing I don't get is that EU fans are wanting figures of EU characters already produced (i.e. Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn). Why not go for something different since it's obvious that EU offerings are few and far between?

It's no different than voting for Smuggler Lando. Hasbro has given us the figure but not in the version these people want. I imagine the vote specified Jedi because the intention is for them to be in Jedi robes. Then there is the fact that the EU figures in '98 were not easy for everyone to find, and they would like to have some version of these characters without having to resort to eBay. I know I never got Kyle and had to get my Mara on eBay.

Beast
03-14-2006, 03:18 PM
The Darth Maul on the list is probably the EU version with the robotic lower body. :)

Lord Malakite
03-14-2006, 03:34 PM
The Darth Maul on the list is probably the EU version with the robotic lower body. :)
I wish that was the case JJB, but it isn't. I've seen pics of the mag over at RS forums. According to the brief description and the pic of Maul provided its TPM Final Duel version of Maul with more Super Articulation people voted for.

ROTJLuke
03-14-2006, 03:39 PM
Although I'm more partial to EU stuff than I used to be I'd still rather have seen more film characters in the list. I'm not good with most obscure names until they actually get made into figures so if any of those characters other than Maul, Luke, Padme, Yarna, Hermi and Willrow are from the films I'm none the wiser right now.

I'm curious about the Darth Maul like anyone else who commented - is it from that graphic novel where he comes back from the dead with mechanical legs to kill Obi-wan on Tatooine? Can't be from the film surely. The evolutions figure was almost perfect.

A ROTJ Luke may not be as stupid a choice as people think. I mean if the Saga figure is as good as we can get in the basic line after 11 years Hasbro needs to know people want something special with this one and soon. The next one thats coming in the endor wave is probably a kitbash. Where is ROTJluke anyway (member of this board, obsessed with Luke in Jedi fatigues as his boardname implied)?

Im here!! Ive been keepin a low profile, just chillin. I did vote for a SA DSII Luke, however almost s**t myself when I saw he actually made the cut. I'll continue to vote for him into the next round!!

pegger
03-14-2006, 03:58 PM
... almost s**t myself when I saw he actually made the cut...

You weren't the only one - though I suspect for different reasons! ;)

El Chuxter
03-14-2006, 08:54 PM
That cyborg Maul isn't even EU. That was a dream, a hoax, an imaginary story. And I'm not just saying that, because if that were the case, I'd say Callista was a dream, too.

DarthBrandon
03-15-2006, 10:40 PM
The ones I'd buy from the list of 25

Clone Commander - Revenge of the Sith* (Should have been done by now)
Commander Neyo - Revenge of the Sith* (Should have been done by now)
Hermi Odle - Return of the Jedi
Luke Skywalker - Return of the Jedi (S.A. only)(Should have been done by now)
Mara Jade Skywalker
Padmé Amidala (Ilum cold gear) - Clone Wars
Padmé Amidala (Fireside black dress) - AOTC
Quinlan Vos - Star Wars: Republic
Yarna d'al Gargan - Return of the Jedi (Should have been done by now)
Voting for Yarna as the rest will likely see plastic soon enough

The others I want:
Tagge, Yuralen, Jocasta Nu, Biggs Academy, Beru, Owen, Cliegg, Vader & Luke Concepts

OCB
03-15-2006, 11:25 PM
I know many people here signed the Ice Cream Maker Guy petition (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=10508) back in the day, now is the time to make your voice really heard and vote for Willrow Hood in the poll

Devo
03-16-2006, 12:29 PM
Im here!! Ive been keepin a low profile, just chillin. I did vote for a SA DSII Luke, however almost s**t myself when I saw he actually made the cut. I'll continue to vote for him into the next round!!

Ah good. :thumbsup: I don't see DSII Luke actually winning however I think his place in this list of 25 will be enough to persuade Hasbro to put out a decent one soon. Theres no reason for them not to. The only question over it is will it be of the same poseability as ROTS Dooku...and if it ended up as a kitbash I'd be shocked, thoroughly appalled and totally aghast at what Hasbro could possibly have been thinking.