PDA

View Full Version : Fan's Choice Back On????!!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Sentinel18725
12-12-2005, 04:52 PM
According to the new ToyFare magazine (#102):

For years, Hasbro has been asking fans what they want to see in the Star Wars lines through their "Fan's Choice polls", resulting in such great figures as Jan Dodonna, Ellorrs Madak, and Ephant Mon. but now, to shake things up a little bit, Hasbro has asked ToyFare to get involved, and we've got some big ideas. Instead of giving you five characters to choose from, we're giving you the whole universe! That's right, we're going to let you choose any Star Wars character from any of the Star Wars films, cartoons, books or comics to be made into a 3 3/4 inch Hasbro toy! First-round voting begins December 14 and ends on January 14, so be sure to go to www.wizarduniverse.com (http://www.wizarduniverse.com) to place your vote! This is the poll you're looking for!

So, unless this is a huge rouse, which it could be....looks like this should be mighty interesting. So all you pollsters and politicians, it's time to start pushing for your candidate to get made into plastic! I think we should all think of the figures that have little to no chance of ever being made and push for them. For me, I'm thinking of unique side characters, not imperial/rebel leaders or pilots, but some person that is just random.....this might be your chance for the Ice Cream guy in Bespin!!!!!

Slicker
12-12-2005, 04:53 PM
this might be your chance for the Ice Cream guy in Bespin!!!!!Or we'll end up with a come from behind win by Snow Bunny Padme.:rolleyes:

JawaJoe
12-12-2005, 05:31 PM
Come on Ice Cream Guy!!!!

Darth Cruel
12-12-2005, 05:37 PM
There are so many figures that will probably never get made that I don't think we have to reach as far into the closet as the Ice Cream Maker Guy. I hope that we as collectors would be a little more sensible than that. I think what I will do if I don't think of one myself, is wait and see if a sensible one emerges on the poll with a chance to win and vote for that one.

TheDarthVader
12-12-2005, 05:38 PM
I don't care too much as long as the character isn't EU. I am sure that I am going to vote for YARNA.

B.
TDV

Sentinel18725
12-12-2005, 06:17 PM
I personally would like to have something from the OT but I do see this as a unique opportunity to get more things produced. If we petition for EU characters, maybe Hasbro would see that there truly is a market for charactersfrom these sources.

Turbowars
12-12-2005, 06:55 PM
YARNA all the way Guys!!! It's a no brainer!

timmae
12-12-2005, 07:11 PM
any creature or podracer. i know i'm already buying it to go with my other fans choices.:thumbsup:

AmanaMatt
12-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Which one is Yarna again?

I would love an Alien from OT of almost any kind

TheDarthVader
12-12-2005, 08:06 PM

I would love an Alien from OT of almost any kind

WHAT?! Ok. She is the white big lady six breasted dancer from ROTJ (non-SE version). I have wanted a figure of yarna for a very long time!

B.
TDV

Sentinel18725
12-12-2005, 08:58 PM
That one would be nice. Actually, I'll have to whip out my old Decipher CCG cards to find random obscure characters.

ROTJLuke
12-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Looks like Im alone in my persuit for my Luke figure! Tell ya what tho, if ya vote for him, everyone who votes (and has proof they did) Ill buy ya one when they come out!

(gets prepared to get flamed for not wanting obscure alien)

Rogue II
12-12-2005, 09:07 PM
YARNA all the way Guys!!! It's a no brainer!

I'm with you there. When do we start the campaign?

:thumbsup:

Battle Droid
12-12-2005, 09:07 PM
DAULTAY DOFINE OR TEY HOW, HELL ANY NEIMOIDIAN! :p

Tycho
12-12-2005, 09:56 PM
I'll be happy with a MOVIE version of Padme that they have never made before - from TPM, AOTC, or ROTS.

Nothing I vote for is likely to win though. Also Owen and Beru (and Cliegg) are important to me.

Kidhuman did a poll and extensive calculations to determine each of our Top 50 lists. It is located here: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=25024 . It competed with my own scene-by-scene list (and came out prior to ROTS) but 38 (50-12) of the figures people chose the most were exactly the same between both lists. I recopied my personal want list from Kidhuman's poll below:

1. Pamde in her nightgown (Kohoun Attack)
2. Padme as a Senator (Palpatine's Office)
3. Queen Amidala Purple Return to Naboo Gown
4. Padme Outland Peasant Disguise (refugee freighter)
5. Obi-Wan Kenobi Kamino Duel (wet and super-articulated)
6. Anakin Skywalker in Jedi Robes (relaxed cloak, Vader-style)
7. Obi-Wan Kenobi in Jedi Robes (Jedi Temple)
8. Slim Aloo, Imperial Dignitary
9. Queen Amidala Post-Senate Gown (Palpatine's nomination)
10. Padme Handmaiden (orange gown)
11. Beru Whitesun, AOTC
12. Owen Lars, AOTC
13. Cliegg Lars
14. Queen Jamilla
15. Padme as a Senator reporting to the Queen
16. Padme in yellow dress (Naboo waterfalls)
17. Padme in backless dress (forbidden first kiss)
18. Padme in black leather temptation dress (fireplace)
19. Queen Amidala Pre-Senate (yellow dress, Palpatine's office)
20. Bom Vimdim, Advoze from Mos Eisley Cantina
21. General Veers, Imperial Officer with add-on Hoth Battle Gear
22. Jango Fett out of armor, from Kamino apartment
23. Jocasta Nu, Jedi Librarian
24. Corde, Senator's Decoy that was killed
25. Tey How, Niemoidian Commander with eye and mouth pieces
26. Daultry Dofine, Niemoidian Captain
27. Sei Teria, Chancellor Valorum's aide
28. Luke Skywalker, Rebel Medical Frigate Recovery Room
29. Princess Leia, Rebel Medical Frigate Recovery Room
30. Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star II Commander
31. Biggs Darklighter, Academy Uniform, ANH Deleted Scenes
32. Sora Bulq, Weequay Jedi Master
33. Hermione Bagwa, Dexter's Diner's blonde human chick waitress
34. Hem Dazon, Arcona, Mos Eisley Cantina
35. Saurin, Hrchek Kal Fas, Mos Eisley Cantina
36. Tonnika Sister (Brea or Senni) Mos Eisley Cantina
37. Luke Skywalker Endor Gear (removeable helmet and soft poncho)
38. Princess Leia Endor Gear (removeable helmet and soft poncho)
39. Mother Ewok with Baby Wokling
40. Po Nudo, Ando Senator (Aqualish with 4 eyes)
41. Paploo, Ewok Scout, carded resculpt
42. Aimlee Teem, Gran Senator from Malastare
43. Rodian Senator
44. Ithorian Senator (Hammerhead)
45. Gragga (Chubba Vendor, species was also in Senate)
46. Wald, Anakin's little Rodian friend
47. Dud Bolt, podracer that looks like a cross between alligator and coyote
48. Wan Sandage, podracer that looks like a fox
49. Aldar Beedo, podracer that looks like a cross between an anteater and reptile
50. Keeolkeech, Ewok Warrior with the Death's Head skull worn on his head

Some of these figures like General Veers are seeing realization next year for 2006. I credit our members' efforts at displaying interest in the characters. I'm sticking around (Star Wars) primarily to buy the figures I listed above. With several exceptions, Hasbro did an excellent job delivering the figures I wanted from ROTS (need Galactic Marines, Clone Medics, Medical Droids, another Palpatine, Padmes, Bail Organas, etc.)

I hope I'll have a bit to look forward to in 2006 and 2007.

JawaJoe
12-12-2005, 10:30 PM
Sigh, I know im alone in this but yarna is one fig I could not really care less about.

El Chuxter
12-12-2005, 11:05 PM

I would love an Alien from OT of almost any kindWHAT?! Ok. She is the white big lady six breasted dancer from ROTJ (non-SE version). I have wanted a figure of yarna for a very long time!

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Vader? She's in the SE version as well.

AmanaMatt
12-12-2005, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the clarification....Yarna all the way!

decadentdave
12-13-2005, 12:19 AM
TONNIKA SISTERS!!!!!!!!!

Turbowars
12-13-2005, 12:34 AM
TONNIKA SISTERS!!!!!!!!!No need, there are on their way, well at least one of them.

Kidhuman
12-13-2005, 12:52 AM
I'll take Yarna all the way. If not, crap in a package, it has sold before.

Anakin Palpatine
12-13-2005, 04:03 AM
Wait a minute here, if this is a WIzard Universe figure does that mean the figure will only be available through Toyfare magazine or Wizard World? Don't get me wrong I'm excited for a new fan's choice figure but the last couple have been harder and harder to find. Not to mention I don't want to be fighting with my fellow SirSteve's buddies to get one at the convention. Would someone clear up if this is going to be through the major chains or other means?

Phantom-like Menace
12-13-2005, 07:55 AM
I'll try voting for Bultar Swan.

TheDarthVader
12-13-2005, 11:28 AM
:nerv: Sorry about that, EL CHUXTER! You're right! She is in the SE!! :yes:

B.
TDV

DarkArtist
12-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Why are there so many haters for EU ? I mean how many background, or endless versions of the main characters do we need ??? I myself will vote EU but also for other characters as well.
I just wish that Hasbro would make a seperate EU line to go along with the saga line, this way both sides of the fans can be pleased. :yes:

Deoxyribonucleic
12-13-2005, 12:12 PM
My vote's going to Elis Helrot :yes:

Tycho
12-13-2005, 01:23 PM
Re: Tonnika Sisters:

No need, there are on their way, well at least one of them.

We still need proof of that.

abell748
12-13-2005, 01:40 PM
I would go for Yarna if she wins, but I would like to see (as a test of the waters) a NJO Vong warrior of some sort. They could use this as a gauge for a complete NJO line. Let the screaming at me begin.....

Battle Droid
12-13-2005, 01:42 PM
Some new info,

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Hasbro_Star_Wars_Fans_Choice_Returns_96229.asp

Droid
12-13-2005, 02:08 PM
The great thing I think will be that this will be great market research for Hasbro. In the end they will get a list of 25 figures that the fans really want. I'll bet they start giving them to us over the next years. Anytime the line is slow from kids and they need us again they can make something off the list of 25.

My pick - Yarna. But I'm hoping Cliegg, prequel Owen, prequel Beru, the Queen of Alderaan, the Tonnikas, black Bespin Guard, palace Klaatu, Lumat, Warok, and Romba all make the list.

It will be very interesting to see how many Expanded Universe figures are on the list. (I hope 0.)

El Chuxter
12-13-2005, 02:10 PM
One nomination. Yikes. This is going to be extremely tough.

Devo
12-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Looks like Im alone in my persuit for my Luke figure! Tell ya what tho, if ya vote for him, everyone who votes (and has proof they did) Ill buy ya one when they come out!

(gets prepared to get flamed for not wanting obscure alien)

I have no problem with core characters being constantly done - not as I once did. My collecting habits have changed a number of times since I started in 96 and now they are such that I welcome core characters - preferably new sculpts but rehashes are alright as long as they are of good sculpts. Jedi Luke has never received a good sculpt so obviously we badly need one. However Hasbro will use any excuse to issue core characters as part of the basic line or in special multipacks such as Evolutions (more please Hasbro) - for that reason I think it would be wasteful for a fans choice figure to be a core character. Better to use fans choice as an opportunity to get a figure we otherwise wouldn't get in a million years.

spang2005
12-13-2005, 03:49 PM
My vote goes for a Baron Fel (with removable helmet)

We, as fans, can't let this go to waste. Let's not get trigger happy and all vote for a figure we know we're going to get eventually anyways (such as the ice cream maker guy. how long can they hold off?). I really see this as a chance to get a great figure that would otherwise have no chance of being made. Granted, I think baron Fel would have a better chance than some, but I really think we should try to unite for this and get us all a great figure that would be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Droid
12-13-2005, 03:58 PM
We, as fans, can't let this go to waste. Let's not get trigger happy and all vote for a figure we know we're going to get eventually anyways (such as the ice cream maker guy. how long can they hold off?). I really see this as a chance to get a great figure that would otherwise have no chance of being made.

I agree and that great figure shoudl be Yarna d'al Gargan.

I am a huge fan, but I don't know who Baron Fel is. Is that EU?

Battle Droid
12-13-2005, 04:00 PM
Well I've decide, I'll be voting for ROTS Rune Haako.

Slicker
12-13-2005, 04:10 PM
It will be very interesting to see how many Expanded Universe figures are on the list. (I hope 0.)Amen to that Droid. If you're not in the movie you don't need an action figure.

I'd seriously like to see a Yarna figure.

El Chuxter
12-13-2005, 04:38 PM
Baron Fel is from the Rogue Squadron comics, an Imperial officer and pilot without compare. (Well, aside from Luke, Han, and Wedge.) Later on, he takes a position of power within the Chiss Ascendancy and his son Jag has a sort of on-again, off-again relationship with Jaina Solo.

rust
12-13-2005, 04:50 PM
I'll be stuffing the ballot box with votes for Kyle Katarn, the greatest SW character of all time.Or Maybe Bacara's Ash Troopers...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-13-2005, 04:57 PM
I'll be stuffing the ballot box with votes for Kyle Katarn, the greatest SW character of all time.Or Maybe Bacara's Ash Troopers...
There's already a Kyle Katarn, from 1998.

Me? I'll be voting for Cindel Towani.

;)

One nomination. Yikes. This is going to be extremely tough.
What about Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek?

I think I'll be voting for Yarna D'al Gargan, maybe. I won't be crushed if we never get her. Or maybe I'll go with Quinlan Vos (though I bet they'll do him at some time anyway). I really don't know.

El Chuxter
12-13-2005, 05:03 PM
I believe Teek is already in the works.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=437877&postcount=3

:p

jedi master sal
12-13-2005, 05:10 PM
Okay, here's a real problem with this poll, depending on how it's run.

Are they only going to give us one choice? I'll assume that we can "write in" our choice(s) more than once. But when it gets the the top 25 from those choices, then what. If we only get to pick ONE from that list, I see our choices getting screwed.

What I'm hoping for in that top 25 is that they either give us the opportunity to vote for more than one character. For instance 5 out of the 25. To take that even further, we could assign from 1-5 which ones we want more. One being the highest and getting 5-points, 2 getting 4-points, etc. This way we vote for more than one as well as prioritize. I think doing it that way would really seperate the most wanted from the least. I know I'm going to be miffed if we only get one vote for one character as there are MANY, IMO that should still be made.

To be honest, I don't know who I want the most. Yarna would be interesting, so would the Tonnika twins. I'm leaning toward Cliegg, young Owen and Beru. But there are many. I'm not a fan of NJO at all so I wouldn't vote for that, however I'm a fan of the video games, so that opens up a lot of choices. KOTOR, Republic Commando come to mind. Nym from Starfighter and Jedi Starfighter would be awesome, but alas his time has passed...

One vote just isn't going to be enough.

At least with having more than one option of voting and prioritizing Hasbro can get a much better idea RIGHT AWAY what FIVE figs we want the most, instead of one a year.

Let's face it, the further we get away from ROTS, ther further back in peoples minds Star Wars will become. If Hasbro doesn't capitolize on this NOW (within the next two years), they will have missed the boat and lost Millions of dollars!

spang2005
12-13-2005, 07:31 PM
See, I tend to disagree with Yarna. Like I said before, I really dont see this as an opportunity to get such a requested figure. To take full advantage of this, votes should go towards something else that doesn't already have such a strong demand.

Umbra
12-13-2005, 07:39 PM
I'm really hoping to see an EU figure out of this. IF so maybe they will make a full line of it...

I think my top three choices would be..

*Qui Lon Vos
*Jacen Solo
*Jaina Solo

Sentinel18725
12-13-2005, 07:44 PM
If you guys want a little help from Decipher, here is a link:

http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/index.html

I have always found this to be one of the best sources for Name/character recognition for the Star Wars movies. Including naming the pilots that flew with Darth Vader during the Trench in A New Hope.

Hope this helps with people casting their votes. Click on through for names on faces within each of the card lists.

Turbowars
12-13-2005, 08:25 PM
See, I tend to disagree with Yarna. Like I said before, I really dont see this as an opportunity to get such a requested figure. To take full advantage of this, votes should go towards something else that doesn't already have such a strong demand.Hasbro has expressed many times how they don't want to visit Yarna, this might be one of the only few chances to get her.

Tycho
12-13-2005, 11:15 PM
Including naming the pilots that flew with Darth Vader during the Trench in A New Hope.

I thought they were Tag and Bink (see Dark Horse).

Turbowars
12-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Re: Tonnika Sisters:

We still need proof of that.Have faith. The likeness was signed off at the SDCC.:thumbsup:

Phantom-like Menace
12-13-2005, 11:39 PM
I've reconsidered my vote. I am definitely looking forward to voting for Rukh, Grand Admiral Thrawn's Noghri bodyguard.

Darth Cruel
12-13-2005, 11:41 PM
I cringe at the thought of a Yarna figure. The only possible use for this figure would be to finish a Jabba's throne room diorama (and mine is better off without it in my opinion). The character was disgusting at the very best (as was the intention). Her apparent popularity disturbs me, kinda makes me nauseous. However, as I stated before, if that is the best we can come up with (and I certainly hope it is not and doubt that it will be)...I would vote for it.

I have to give Hasbro Kudos for having too much taste to make this figure to this point.

On the other hand, maybe I hope she will win. Then Wizards gets stuck with a warehouse full of them and runs screaming from the thought of ever requesting an exclusive again. I was very disappointed with the Roworr (spelling?) figure.

Oh yeah...if we gotta do a Yarna...make sure we vote super articulation.

Turbowars
12-13-2005, 11:48 PM
Has these guys been mentioned? Colonel Wullf, Captain Needa or Commander Praji?

Turbowars
12-13-2005, 11:51 PM
or how about Lieutenant Shann Childsen, Biggs,

Darth Cruel
12-13-2005, 11:52 PM
Now THAT is a good selection TW! I'll go with the first one mostly because I like the white Imperial uniform.

Turbowars
12-13-2005, 11:55 PM
Looks like Hermi is too big for a card. Since they stated it would have to fit on a standard card and Mon will never be released on a basic card again.

decadentdave
12-14-2005, 12:29 AM
I thought they were Tag and Bink (see Dark Horse).

You mean the "Ambiguously Gay Duo" of Star Wars?

Lord Malakite
12-14-2005, 01:15 AM
Regardless of what character wins to become the next "Fan Choice" figure, who wants to also bet that it will be a ToyFare exclusive figure since they are the ones handling the polling process this time instead of Hasbro.

Droid
12-14-2005, 07:59 AM
Don't vote for Bom Vimdim! He is on the list of projected figures for the year. Hasbro would laugh its head off at that winning.

I think this will be sold in stores. I don't think Hasbro would make a whole new mold for a convention. MAYBE it will be an online exclusive. But I think they are teaming up with ToyFare because ToyFare thinks it will sell a lot of magazines. And I will be buying my first ever issue of ToyFare over this.

JEDIpartner
12-14-2005, 08:41 AM
Yarna! Yarna! Yarna!!!!

Kidhuman
12-14-2005, 09:17 AM
Yarna! Yarna! Yarna!!!!

Ditto! Ditto! Ditto!!!!

Battle Droid
12-14-2005, 09:31 AM
Gilramos Libkath!

Darth Cruel
12-14-2005, 09:58 AM
I think we need a Darth Cruel action figure. It is about time to expand the Expanded Universe to include fan websites!

VOTE DARTH CRUEL!!!!!!!!!!

master J
12-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Ive been to the wizard website and do not see any place to place the nomination... anyone have a link?

bobafrett
12-14-2005, 12:45 PM
Yes, I went to the link in the first post, but see nowhere on that page to go cast my vote.

Battle Droid
12-14-2005, 01:01 PM
I think it was a BIG hoax, if not where's it at?

Battle Droid
12-14-2005, 01:12 PM
HERE IT IS!

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazines/toyfare.cfm

El Chuxter
12-14-2005, 02:07 PM
Okay, let's keep a sort of unofficial running total here of who we nominated.

I nominated Teek, and listed in the description field that he'd ideally be a two-pack with Cindel Towani.

Battle Droid
12-14-2005, 02:15 PM
Gilrmos Libkath

TheDarthVader
12-14-2005, 03:16 PM
I just voted for YARNA.

B.
TDV

Captain Spoon
12-14-2005, 03:18 PM
I voted for Bastilla from the Knights of the Old republic Game. Don't know why I just wanted a KOTOR figure. Plus hasbro could do a repaint (dark Jedi Bastilla) and all would be well with the world.

rust
12-14-2005, 03:36 PM
I voted for Kyle Katarn under several different e-mail addresses (Many of which, were gobblidigook). I'll vote for him a few more times later :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-14-2005, 03:47 PM
Gilrmos Libkath
Dude, that's Lott Dod. Gilramos Libkath isn't a real character.

And they already made Kyle Katarn!

I still don't know who I'm voting for . . .

Droid
12-14-2005, 03:48 PM
Rust, go to E-bay. They already made Katarn. There is currently an auction where you can buy his figure using "Buy it Now" for $9!

I voted for Yarna.

spang2005
12-14-2005, 03:48 PM
I apologize to all you EU haters out there, but my nomination just went to Baron Fel from the Rogue Squadron Comics in his TIE pilot flightsuit.

Slicker
12-14-2005, 04:06 PM
I just threw up a vote for Yarna.

Battle Droid
12-14-2005, 04:07 PM
Dude, that's Lott Dod. Gilramos Libkath isn't a real character.

In the Visual Dictionary it's Gilramos Libkath, so it still counts, they'll know who I'm talking about.

He's also in the Boba Fett novel Hunted.

El Chuxter
12-14-2005, 04:33 PM
Let's be ethical about voting only once, please. This isn't Florida in 2000. :p

You know why I voted for Teek, even though (all things considered) I'd rather have a Yarna?

Look at the number of people here who have already said they want Yarna.

I figure that Yarna, Corran, Tey How, Quinlan, and most of my other must-haves are going to get a crapload of votes. This may be my only chance to tell Hasbro to make the little guy.

Devo
12-14-2005, 04:58 PM
I gave a vote for General Tagge. It was tough, theres so many unmade figures that I was having a hard time thinking of a single one so I consulted Tycho's unmade figures thread for assistance.

DarthBrandon
12-14-2005, 05:23 PM
I voted for Colonel Wulff Yularen, always liked the look of this guys uniform (black & white), probably won't get made but at least I voted.:D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-14-2005, 06:04 PM
I went ahead and voted for Cane Adiss, the two-headed giraffe-like guy from Jabba's palace. Wanna fight about it? ;)

Turbowars
12-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Gilramos Libkath!Why? Oh you were joking.:pleased:

AmanaMatt
12-14-2005, 06:50 PM
You know, if everyone keeps using their 'logic' and votes on a character that they hope sends a message to Hasbro on what they should make, the figure you all have hoped for will never happen either.

VOTE for the one you really want, bottom line.

I voted for Yarna

Deoxyribonucleic
12-14-2005, 07:32 PM
As I said I was going to...I voted for Elis Helrot the Givin! The skull jockey in the cantina. I want him SOOO bad! :yes: :yes:

figrin bran
12-14-2005, 07:36 PM
i haven't decided yet...who wants to buy my vote? :p

i think i might be inclined to vote EU but if i don't i want Elis Helrot, the Given alien in the cantina.

haha Deoxy's post just popped up as i was typing this. are you trying to persuade me?

Turbowars
12-14-2005, 07:45 PM

i think i might be inclined to vote EU but if i don't i want Elis Helrot, the Given alien in the cantina.

haha Deoxy's post just popped up as i was typing this. are you trying to persuade me?If you vote EU I will personally see to it that all your future hook ups in the LA just found will be revoked.:yes:

So guys what do you think about posting a pic of your vote here. A pic says a 1000 words. I went through my SW Encyclopedia and found some great characters. I will see if I can scan and post them.

TheDarthVader
12-14-2005, 08:16 PM
You know, if everyone keeps using their 'logic' and votes on a character that they hope sends a message to Hasbro on what they should make, the figure you all have hoped for will never happen either.

VOTE for the one you really want, bottom line.

I voted for Yarna

No joke. With every vote that is not for YARNA is a vote against YARNA. Please just use common sense. Most of these other possible characters that people have voted for on SSG would NEVER EVER EVER EVER have made it to a regular fans' choice poll...why? The majority does not want them! For the love of God, just vote for YARNA. I know who Yarna is...I don't know who these EU characters are.

B.
TDV

DarthAngel
12-14-2005, 09:29 PM
Well I for one don't want Yarna, so I didn't vote for her. I had a tough time deciding who to vote for, and considering that most of the astro-droids that I wanted to see made are being released in the EE exclusive, so I took the path less traveled and voted for Palpatine ala final showdown with Yoda from ROTS. I know most people aren't going to agree with me for my figure of choice, but I don't like the deluxe version of Palpatine, and I don't really care for the Palpatine with action features either.

bobafrett
12-14-2005, 09:34 PM
I voted for Yarna! Who knows, she may just make the top 10!

Turbowars
12-14-2005, 09:35 PM
Well there goes another wasted vote.:p

bobafrett
12-14-2005, 09:37 PM
Well there goes another wasted vote.:p

The powers of my fellow SSGer's made me do it! I have a weak mind, or maybe I'm just tired, either way, my vote has been cast!

figrin bran
12-14-2005, 09:47 PM
pondering how difficult it might be to collect the saga figures w/out help from bluesnags and crunchynug

Don't worry Turbo, i won't vote for Yarna :p

Rogue II
12-14-2005, 09:49 PM
I voted for Yarna.

Kidhuman
12-14-2005, 11:10 PM
I voted Yarna. Was torn between captain needa and otehrs, but Yarna held true.

Turbowars
12-14-2005, 11:46 PM
Here's 3 more. Yarna, Arcona (Hem Dazon) and BG-J38

El Chuxter
12-15-2005, 12:03 AM
The Arcona's name is Hem Dazon, for anyone who's voting for him.

Turbowars
12-15-2005, 12:08 AM
3 more, H'nemthe, Dice Ibegonch and Hrchek Kal Fas

Kidhuman
12-15-2005, 12:13 AM
I thought Hem was confirmed for this year? I could have sworn I read it somewhere in a list, but then again with all the correct lists and wish lists floating around here, I could be confused.

Turbowars
12-15-2005, 12:20 AM
Yeah I know what you mean. I'm just posting the characters that would really like to see. It's too bad we can't pick 5 out of the 25 to be made instead of just 1. I guess in time we will get most of them. :thumbsup:

Wioslea, General Tagge and Brea & Senni Tonnika

Turbowars
12-15-2005, 12:56 AM
LIN-V8K and Tamizander Rey

Teeska
12-15-2005, 01:07 AM
Voted for Teek

LTBasker
12-15-2005, 04:20 AM
I voted for Kyle Katarn under several different e-mail addresses (Many of which, were gobblidigook). I'll vote for him a few more times later :)

Truly, I beg you not to do that as they could just end up throwing the opportunity for Kyle away when they realize theres so many phony entries.

And they already made Kyle Katarn!

Rust, go to E-bay. They already made Katarn. There is currently an auction where you can buy his figure using "Buy it Now" for $9!

Please stop that nonsense about them already having made a Kyle, theres three (maybe four, haven't played Jedi Academy) different designs for Kyle Katarn. The POTF2 figure was none of these. They used elements from the Dark Forces and Dark Forces 2 designs into the one single figure which looks like crap.

It's like saying they already made a Biggs when people are asking for the Tatooine Biggs.

I'm going to have to vote for a Dark Forces 2 style Kyle Katarn which doesn't look anything like the POTF2 "Kyle."

DarkArtist
12-15-2005, 08:27 AM
I had to vote for Carnor Jax from Crimson empire since the rumors are that we are getting a exclusive Kir Kanos.

I know alot of people hate EU, but like I said in earlier posts and threads, I think Hasbro should relaunch the EU line but make it a collector's club only and not for mass-retail. This way fans of both the saga and EU can get what they want, and the people who do not like EU can go to a store and not see these figures clogging up the pegs.

Droid
12-15-2005, 08:42 AM
Here's 3 more. Yarna, Arcona (Hem Dazon) and BG-J38

Hem and BG-J38 are strongly rumored for this year.

Droid
12-15-2005, 08:45 AM
Please stop that nonsense about them already having made a Kyle, theres three (maybe four, haven't played Jedi Academy) different designs for Kyle Katarn. The POTF2 figure was none of these. They used elements from the Dark Forces and Dark Forces 2 designs into the one single figure which looks like crap.

It isn't nonsense. No one specified that he or she wanted a Kyle figure in an outfit different from the one already released or that the prior Kyle figure was unsatisfactory. The clear implication of the prior posts was that people were unaware of the figure that had already been released.

I really can't wait to see what the Top 25 figures will be. As I said, I think Hasbro will mine the Top 25 list over the next few years. I don't think the winner is quite as important so much as making this list because I think we'll get almost all of them eventually. This really is very exciting!

JEDIpartner
12-15-2005, 08:54 AM
Ditto! Ditto! Ditto!!!!

Yarna! Yarna! Yarna!!!! :love:

bobafett07728
12-15-2005, 09:14 AM
I think this a fantastic way to get our voices heard, and to get one (surely more) of our most wanted characters immortalized in plastic. There's no doubt in my mind that Hasbro will look at these lists, and take them in to serious consideration. . . especially since there are no new movies on the horizon. I don't think anyone will be surprised at the winner of the poll, even if its not the one you voted for. But. . . alas. . . with one vote. . . that is a challenging choice.

So. . . where does my vote go. . .

When I saw the "options" on Wizards. . . it made my decision even more difficult. . . and the great suggestions already in this thread further complicated things. First. . . while I have no problems with EU. . . I'm not going to vote for an EU character. There are simply too many that haven't been done, and honestly. . . Hasbro has enough available characters to be made to create a EU Line. Kinda going hand-in-hand with EU. . . was the Droids/Ewoks cartoon series. When I saw these listed I kinda took a step back. I am a huge fan of the Droids cartoons. . . and would love to see some rereleased. I immediately thought. . . wow. . . wouldn't some Droids Cartoon Figures done in the quality of the Clone Wars, in VOTC packaging be great!!!! But then again. . . this is for standard packaging. . . and I would rather not have a single, one-shot Droids Cartoon figure. . . its just silly. So that leaves me with the six movies. I'm not hating on the Prequels. . . but I'm going to limit my choice to the Original Trilogy. I grew up on the OT, so that is where my memories are. I can choose a figure that I never had when I was playing with my Kenner figs back in that day. Granted. . . there are some great choices in the Prequels. Nemoidians are nice, Pod Racers would be sweet (but we aren't getting the pods, remember) and plenty of background Jedi, and Senators to choose from! But when I think of the Original Trilogy. . . two scenes come to mind. . . Mos Eisley, and Jabba's Palace. These two scenes alone are chock-full-of great background characters! Yarna. . . well. . . we almost had her back in the day, had POTF not flopped, so for nostalgic value. . . she makes the cut. When I first saw Ephant Mon, I immediately thought of a Hermi Odle figure, but as Turbo pointed out. . . I doubt that would fit under the "standard card" rule. Skiff Guards, Jabba's Chef, the other dude with the Rancor Keeper. . . and many more! And in Mos Eisley. . . we are still missing some key patrons!

So. . . with all that being said. . . I haven't voted yet. I'm going to look over the "rumored" lists, and replay these two scenes a few times (widevision of course) and see what I come up with. I think I've narrowed it down to these two parts of the saga, and I am happy with that. For those who are lobbying for other characters. . . you are on the clock. . . you still have a few days to sway my vote :thumbsup:

Seriously. . . keep the great ideas coming. . . Hasbro will listen. With the amount of years they still have rights to making these figures. . . they will be using this list for ideas! Regardless of how small, or how little support your suggestion will garner. . . someone may not have thought of it. . . let it be heard!!!!!!!!

pegger
12-15-2005, 10:43 AM
I voted for Colonel Wulff Yularen, always liked the look of this guys uniform (black & white), probably won't get made but at least I voted.:D

Me too...that's why I voted for him

Deoxyribonucleic
12-15-2005, 11:59 AM

haha Deoxy's post just popped up as i was typing this. are you trying to persuade me?

in sinister voice: YEEESSSSSSS, My force powers are finally working...

muwhahahahahahahahaha!

:yes: :razz:

BlueSnags
12-15-2005, 12:15 PM
I voted for McQuarrie Concept Vader. I have a feeling Yarna will be winning, though.

Kidhuman
12-15-2005, 12:46 PM
JP, its all about Yarna.

Tycho, I wonder how this poll will stand up to our lists seeing how all fans and collectors will be voting.

Snags, I had ot read your post three times to notice you said Vader and not the trooper. I need more zzzzzz's

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-15-2005, 03:02 PM
D'oh, after voting for Cane Adiss I realized there's probably a hundred other figures I'd rather have - funeral pyre Qui-Gon, dead Shmi, Wioslea, Cliegg Lars, etc. Oh well. Those will probably get made someday. When do the Top 25 get announced?

Old Fossil
12-15-2005, 03:26 PM
I'm flabbergasted that nobody's mentioned Lando Calrissian in his smuggler's outfit from ESB -- that is, unless it's on a rumor list somewhere. If he's gonna be made anyway, I guess I just wasted a vote.:sad:

jhutt75
12-15-2005, 04:18 PM
Apparently Toryn Farr needs some pub around here. She needs your lovin' folks.

"Standby Ion Control. Fire!"

:thumbsup:

Vote Toryn, so that you too can temporarily disable Star Destroyers in just three shots.

TheDarthVader
12-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Don't misunderstand, you guys who like EU are fine in my book. I just have never gotten into EU as much as I did the movies. I read often, but I haven't read many EU books. Maybe one day I will but until then...YARNA!

evenflow
12-15-2005, 06:30 PM
I I am going to vote for YARNA.

B.
TDV

Done and done, she was my immediate first choice.

Umbra
12-15-2005, 07:03 PM
So m any EU characters to choose from gah...anyone know if a particular one is having large support/ a push online? I really hope to use this to show hasbro that there is demand for EU figures, since i've yet to decide do i figured to see if there was another group i may be able to support?

Kidhuman
12-15-2005, 11:05 PM
JJL, issue 105 will have the finals.

plasticfetish
12-16-2005, 03:55 AM
I've no doubt that most (if not all) of the unmade OT characters will eventually be made. I'm pretty certain that any and every decent PT character will probably also be made at some point. No doubt Hasbro knows that we want unmade aliens like Elis Helrot or imperial officers like Tagge, so I'm thinking that this really is a good time to push something "new."

Bluesnaggletooth1 mentioned "McQuarrie Concept Vader" which I think is a great idea. I hope that they revisit the McQuarrie thing over and over again -- and I think that they probably will anyway. Captain Spoon voted for Bastila Shan from KOTOR, and I think that's a great idea also. I'm all for pushing the game characters, and KOTOR or KOTOR2 is at the top of my list. Bastila, Canderous Ordo, Bao-Dur, Mandalore, or HK-47 who I almost picked would be great, but Darth Malak got my vote. He's creepy, he's bad, and he'd be a great way to get the whole game figure thing going.

:)

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/darthmalak/img/eu_bg.jpg

Ric Olie
12-16-2005, 01:37 PM
All you guys who voted for Yarna are twisted people. Why not vote for a hot female character like Guri from Shadows of the Empire.

As for myself I voted for Padme in her funeral gown and casket clutching her japor snippet.

OCB
12-16-2005, 01:47 PM
Where's the love?

Willrow Hood: Bespin Ice Cream Maker Guy all the way!:love:

BoShek
12-16-2005, 02:31 PM
I voted for Biggs from the cut scenes from ANH. I don't think he has a chance though.

DarkArtist
12-16-2005, 02:42 PM
It's times like this that make me happy that i have three email address. I just can't decide what to vote for on the other two. True I could just vote for the same figure I already voted for but do I really want to . My hope is that Hasbro will wake up and see the results and make the figures on the list eventually or at least make a wave from the top 5 results.

Darth Cruel
12-16-2005, 02:53 PM
All you guys who voted for Yarna are twisted people. Why not vote for a hot female character like Guri from Shadows of the Empire.

As for myself I voted for Padme in her funeral gown and casket clutching her japor snippet.

Hmmm - Yarna, or DEAD Padme...they both seem pretty twisted to me.

Kidhuman
12-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Ok, I dont want to burst anyones hopes here, but a brief summary of why to vote for Yarna.

Hasbro said there is no market for her and will not get made. Characters such as Lando in smugglers gear, Padme and various outfits and the ice cream maker guy all have a good chance at being made. If Hasbro sees enough demand for Yarna they might reconsider and make her. Look how long we cried and yelped for Veers with armor and we are getting it. Yarna is a must have and the fact that it is a voice your opinion poll helps tremendously to the cause of getting Yarna.

End

TheDarthVader
12-16-2005, 03:35 PM
Ric Olie, I understand how you think (like so many others). If there was one of Jabba's Dancers who had not been yet made and she was thin and pretty, you'd vote for her. But since it is the FAT and UGLY Yarna, no one wants her. How shallow! That is irritating. Biast (on the topic of physical form) Star Wars figure buyers...hmmph!

Plastic Fetish, that is just speculation. You don't know for SURE that Hasbro KNOWS it will make Tagge, Yarna, Ice Cream Guy, etc. No one can KNOW. So I want my Yarna before Star Wars cools off, and she is NEVER EVER made. See kidhuman's post above mine. Excellent reasons KH.

B.
TDV

Deoxyribonucleic
12-16-2005, 04:17 PM
This thread is amazing me in the fact that I thought we were supposed to vote for whoever we wanted made as a figure (our own personal choice) but everyone's trying to "make" everyone else vote for who they want.

How about we let everyone vote for themselves and let them have their choice without any negative feedback!

Just a thought

Turbowars
12-16-2005, 07:10 PM
This thread is amazing me in the fact that I thought we were supposed to vote for whoever we wanted made as a figure (our own personal choice) but everyone's trying to "make" everyone else vote for who they want.

How about we let everyone vote for themselves and let them have their choice without any negative feedback!

Just a thoughtWhat you think this is a Democracy?:twisted: As long as it's OT and what I want I don't care who you guys vote for.

I do think that Concept vader would be killer? I think Hasbro should come out with a Cinema scene with Luke and Vader.

I would love to see the Ice Cream guy, but He's too easy to make yourself and I know I can't make Yarna.

Turbowars
12-16-2005, 07:12 PM
Ok, I dont want to burst anyones hopes here, but a brief summary of why to vote for Yarna.

Hasbro said there is no market for her and will not get made.
Hey, I said the same thing earlier in this thread. :cross-eye

plasticfetish
12-16-2005, 07:22 PM
Plastic Fetish, that is just speculation. You don't know for SURE that Hasbro KNOWS it will make Tagge, Yarna, Ice Cream Guy, etc.I didn't say anything about Yarna or the Ice Cream Maker Guy. I'd like to see both of them made... heck, I still think the ICMG would be an awesome convention exclusive. I didn't mention them because I figure that Hasbro has probably already made up their mind about them. They've said that they wouldn't make Yarna for a few reason, not the least of which being that it's not a good "kid's" toy. I think that was a lame excuse, but if they mean it, then they probably won't change their mind. If they didn't mean it, then they've probably already put her on their list. (Besides, Yarna doesn't need any cheering from me, seems that she has plenty of fans.) The Ice Cream Maker Guy isn't going to be made into a figure that you'll see hanging on the pegs at TRU. I'm sure Hasbro knows that we want it, but it's only a cult favorite.

I'm not trying to divert interest from any other figure, I'm only making a pitch for something different as an option. Think about the way people voted in the last Fan's Choice Poll, and then look at the figures that got made outside of the one figure that won. I'm sure that all of our votes influence Hasbro, not just the majority.

Kidhuman
12-16-2005, 11:14 PM
Hey, I said the same thing earlier in this thread. :cross-eye

Sometimes it needs to be said more than once. :D :beard:

Ric Olie
12-17-2005, 01:30 PM
I'm not anti-fat. I'm just not a Yarna fan. I wouldn't mind seeing Gardulla the Hutt get made into a figure. It's just that Padme is the #1 most ignored figure in the entire toyline. It seems like Hasbro releases a new farm boy Luke every six months but we can't get a new Padme considering all the different outfits she wears.

It's an injustice I tell ya!

Vote Padme.

lol

TheDarthVader
12-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Ric Olie, I can see your point. If hasbro would stop releasing lukes, hans, and vaders (even though I'll buy any vader) then we would probably see more padmes. And if they ever release 30 different padmes I will buy one of each! I wish they'd do an evolutions padme set. That would be killer!

PlasticFettish, I understand. But I still think we need her in the top five for hasbro's eyes to open wide. What on earth is that in your avatar? I know...old Kong. It makes me laugh every time I look at it. :) :P

DNA, this is a democracy. I doubt I am going to change many fans' minds. However for those who don't know about Yarna I am sure as h*ll going to make sure they know at least who she was in the film. I am not trying to bash anyone's vote...I am going to push for YARNA though. Haven't you ever seen the strong supporters of a candidate around election time? Do they just sit around? NO! They push for the vote of their candidate...signs go up and commercials are made. They even pass out bumper stickers. I can't do that, but I sure as h*ll can push the Yarna issue. That is what I am doing. What is wrong with some Star Wars patriotism? JEEZ! I am not "making" fans do anything. :(

B.
TDV

DarthAngel
12-17-2005, 05:47 PM
I'm not anti-fat. I'm just not a Yarna fan. I wouldn't mind seeing Gardulla the Hutt get made into a figure. It's just that Padme is the #1 most ignored figure in the entire toyline. It seems like Hasbro releases a new farm boy Luke every six months but we can't get a new Padme considering all the different outfits she wears.

It's an injustice I tell ya!

Vote Padme.

lol

I agree with Ric. The reason why I didn't vote for Yarna has nothing to do with the way she looks (I have to admit the 6 boobs thing is a bit uhm...well...far out there, even for Georgie boy). This is supposed to be a fan's choice, and there are so many other characters that could be made (or in some cases improoved), and yet it seems that almost everyone here has voted for the same figure. If I could go back and change my vote from Final Duel Palps, I would probably pick either another version of Padme (so many fabulous costumes), or a no action feature figure from ROTS, I mean the list of possiblities are endless. Spread the love folks, we are all adults here (well most of us I would guess) this isn't elementary school where you are gonna be ignored at recess because you didn't pick what the "popular" kids picked. So go pick obscure cantina aliens, pick core characters, pick other astro-droids, pick other imperial and rebel officers, pick EU, just pick, and don't feel pressured or guilty for picking one way or another!

JawaJoe
12-17-2005, 05:50 PM
Do you guys realize we STILL dont have an rots Jar Jar? Yet another reason not to vote for yarna. lol

TheDarthVader
12-17-2005, 06:00 PM
No Jar Jar? Man alive! I will give you a dollar for every vote Jar Jar gets if you give me a dollar for every vote he doesn't get. Deal? :D

B.
TDV

DarthAngel
12-17-2005, 06:17 PM
Do you guys realize we STILL dont have an rots Jar Jar? Yet another reason not to vote for yarna. lol

Well Jawa, aside from the fact that Jar Jar was not really that visible in ROTS except for those few brief (and I do mean BRIEF) shots, there was not much to be done with Jar Jar.

You make a very valid point though (whether you meant it sarcastically or not). Why not vote for a ROTS Jar Jar. Should the Jar Jar fans all over the world have to suffer because most of the Uber fan's want a chick with 6 ta-ta's? And if that is what it has come down to, then I suggest to all the female and gay men who collect Star Wars figures to vote for a ROTS Anakin in his jedi pj's!

I hate to say it folks, but voting has only been open for a few days, and I think it is plain to see who the favorite is to win, its almost painfully obvious that Yarna will place in at least the top 10 (maybe if enough uber fan's create many more email addresses, she'll break the top 5). However I am willing to go out on a limb and say, that I will laugh my queer @$$ off if when the results come out and after all the "campaigning", Yarna doesn't even make it onto the list. You must choose. But choose wisely.

Turbowars
12-17-2005, 10:00 PM
Here's some other great picks.
Ice Cream Man
Concept Vader
Sereant Doallyn

Turbowars
12-17-2005, 10:06 PM
Here's one you don't see much, Tzizvvt

Hexagram520
12-18-2005, 12:06 AM
I voted for Biggs from the cut scenes from ANH. I don't think he has a chance though.same here :cry:

Deoxyribonucleic
12-18-2005, 02:37 AM
Here's one you don't see much, Tzizvvt

Sorry to go off topic, but I must know Turbowars, where did you get that picture and where does this guy show up in the cantina scene? I've seen pictures of him from starwars.com to Star Wars Chronicles but I've never seen where he is in the cantina?

Tycho
12-18-2005, 03:35 AM
His pic is on Red Six's site. I think he was there when they filmed but they just didn't need a shot from an angle that captured him. So Lucas ended up editing him out. The story was about these guys named, Ben, Chewie, Han, and Luke at this point in the movie. Not everyone else made it on screen.

evenflow
12-18-2005, 08:15 AM
Hasbro has expressed many times how they don't want to visit Yarna, this might be one of the only few chances to get her.

Exactly, this is the only chance we will probbaly ever have to get her. I really hope that she wins, i have wanted this figure since the first time i saw the vintage prototype.

Phantom-like Menace
12-18-2005, 10:12 AM
I'm not going to be happy until Hasbro makes all of the Q-tips that watched the pod race. And Hasbro better not be cheap. I want each of these Q-tips to have its own mold and they had better each be super articulated and come with loads of accessories. Of course if I know Hasbro, they're probably going to make the Q-tips exclusives and I'll have to spend insane amounts of money on eBay to get them.

So why should you vote EU or Ice Cream Maker Guy or Six Times Endowed Horror when literally hundreds of Q-tips aren't going to be made unless we show Hasbro that there are people who want them made?

Ladies and Gentlemen, you have to vote Q-tip! I've already done so with every email address I've ever seen, though they'll probably ignore the ones I took from Toyfare.

jedi master sal
12-18-2005, 10:55 AM
I dunno, I'm just not excited at the prospect of Yarna. Sure someday, but not as a fan choice. I think that character should just be one that Hasbro makes and not at our urging. They've had YEARS of us begging them for the figure, that they shouldn't need a poll to tell them to make it.

There are some notables that I've seen people remarking about here and other SW collecting sites. Those being:
Quinlin Vos
Yarna
Tonnika twins

What I fear is Hasbro pulling back on Cody and R5-D4. We've heard that they are slated for next year, but to my recollection Hasbro has not "officially" released thhis information, which could mean that they'll use the poll as an excuse not to make those two. What I mean is that Cody and R5 won't get votes bcause we all know they are slated to be made. But without the official release of info they technically are not being produced and Hasbrp could pull the plug on them. Especially if they are later waves.

I stated before this poll went up that one vote per person was going to really suck and it has. I can think now of about 36 figs I'd like to see made. It's DAMN hard to pare that down to one and I feel many characters are going to get slighted in this poll. Hopefully if the poll is somewhat close, it will give a signal to Hasbro to make more than just ONE figure from the poll. I guess we'll get a better understanding when the 25 finalists go to the next poll. Even then, I say they shoudl allow us to pick 5 from there and prioritize them 1-5 of who we ant the most. That would give us a clearer picture in the end.

In any event, I've heard commented that Hasbro has skewed this poll by already having certain figures in production and those will be the ones to make the top 25 no matter how we vote. I see that as VERY possible. Hopefully if that's true, that means those ones we really want are being considered, researched and developed, at this time.

-Sal

Turbowars
12-18-2005, 10:58 AM
Sorry to go off topic, but I must know Turbowars, where did you get that picture and where does this guy show up in the cantina scene? I've seen pictures of him from starwars.com to Star Wars Chronicles but I've never seen where he is in the cantina?I scanned the picture from one of the books I have and like Tycho said he was cut, but he was in the Cantina!:thumbsup: I think he a pretty interesting character.

jedi master sal
12-18-2005, 11:01 AM
I'm not going to be happy until Hasbro makes all of the Q-tips that watched the pod race. And Hasbro better not be cheap. I want each of these Q-tips to have its own mold and they had better each be super articulated and come with loads of accessories. Of course if I know Hasbro, they're probably going to make the Q-tips exclusives and I'll have to spend insane amounts of money on eBay to get them.

So why should you vote EU or Ice Cream Maker Guy or Six Times Endowed Horror when literally hundreds of Q-tips aren't going to be made unless we show Hasbro that there are people who want them made?

Ladies and Gentlemen, you have to vote Q-tip! I've already done so with every email address I've ever seen, though they'll probably ignore the ones I took from Toyfare.

Ooh, I've already got the Clone Q-tips in my closet right NOW!!! I've got over 800 of them, ha ha.

El Chuxter
12-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Totally agree with you, sal. I think all these polls are rigged, so they don't actually determine who goes into production next. However, I think they serve more as a marketing tool to find out who to work on after the supposed winners.

Slicker
12-18-2005, 11:07 AM
Sorry to go off topic, but I must know Turbowars, where did you get that picture and where does this guy show up in the cantina scene? I've seen pictures of him from starwars.com to Star Wars Chronicles but I've never seen where he is in the cantina?Actually he's in the Star Wars Holiday Special in the cantina. There are lots of aliens that appeared in the Holiday Special that aren't anywhere else in the trilogy.

Turbowars
12-18-2005, 11:54 AM
Really, is that true? Where did you find that out?

TheDarthVader
12-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Sgt. Doallyn or Elis Helrot aren't bad choices. I hope they finish in the top ten. I have never seen that bug looking creature from the cantina...very interesting.

B.
TDV

Slicker
12-18-2005, 02:56 PM
Really, is that true? Where did you find that out?Well you made me do it. I pulled out my copy of the Holiday Special and he apparently isn't in there. So I did some research and he was in the original Cantina scenes that were cut and he was never added again in the new ones.

So I was wrong.

I will now sing my BSLOS.

Turbowars
12-18-2005, 03:55 PM
Sgt. Doallyn or Elis Helrot aren't bad choices. I hope they finish in the top ten. I have never seen that bug looking creature from the cantina...very interesting.

B.
TDVYou know that's what so cool about the SW universe, there's always something you missed or didn't know about.:thumbsup:

CaptainSolo1138
12-19-2005, 10:13 AM
I voted for fireside Padme.

TheDarthVader
12-19-2005, 12:01 PM
Well Turbo, my favorites figures are Vaders, aliens, and droids. I consider Yarna an alien because of her six breasts. So that is why I am pulling for her. The best aliens come from Jabbas palace and the CANTINA! :thumbsup:

B.
TDV

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-19-2005, 04:38 PM
I voted for fireside Padme.
If they make that, it HAS to have the same rubbery chest feature that the first Aayla Secura figure had. :eek:

Droid
12-20-2005, 08:14 AM
With the pictures shown today there is no reason for people to vote for Hem Dazon or R5-D4!

Jayspawn
12-20-2005, 09:31 AM
I actually voted for Duel w/ Yoda Palpatine.

TheDarthVader
12-20-2005, 10:46 AM
LOL! I guess those who voted for R5, Hem Dazon, or final duel Palpy are feeling like this right now ------> :nerv: Hehehe. Well, at least with the release of the pics, this helps my Yarna cause.

B.
TDV

Kidhuman
12-20-2005, 10:49 AM
Shouldnt that read...our Yarna cause???

DarkArtist
12-20-2005, 11:51 AM
:) I used my second email address to vote for a SA Stormtrooper with removable helmet and a clone head, for a tie in between the PT and the OT.
True some will say I threw away my vote, but I think the idea has merit. :)

TheDarthVader
12-20-2005, 12:19 PM
Yes, yes, yes KH...yes, yes. OUR Yarna cause.

Dark Artist, yes that does have merit. I love the idea and hope hasbro releases some more stormtroopers soon.

B.
TDV

Tycho
12-20-2005, 04:27 PM
I am voting for a Mouse Droid 5-pack. Getting 10 or more of these should allow me about a year's worth of sniffing pleasure if I don't open them all at once. Did anyone sniff that Darth Vader x-mas tree topper lamp? Mmmm. Yum.

DarthAngel
12-20-2005, 07:24 PM
LOL! I guess those who voted for R5, Hem Dazon, or final duel Palpy are feeling like this right now ------> :nerv: Hehehe. Well, at least with the release of the pics, this helps my Yarna cause.

B.
TDV

Well I don't feel like that, and I voted for final duel Palpy. Not that that is the version of Palpy I want, just Hasbro doing what they do best. Now if Hasbro was smart, they would have released that set with all new figures...but I'm getting off topic.

Even if I was allowed to change my vote, I still would not vote for Yarna. I could think of at least 10 other figures that I would vote for before I even considered voting for Yarna (and most of them are Imperial Officers).

I still have faith that Hasbro will release a final duel Paply with the 2 toned robe, even though my opinion of them has steadily gone down. Oh well.

figrin bran
12-20-2005, 08:17 PM
after seeing what a great job they've done with the new hammerhead and garindan, i'm inclined to vote for elis helrot! (i still haven't voted yet)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-20-2005, 08:22 PM
LOL! I guess those who voted for R5, Hem Dazon, or final duel Palpy are feeling like this right now ------> Hehehe.
The Palpatine in the Battle Pack is just the basic one, which had a different costume than he did in the battle. So the Yoda Duel one still hasn't been made.

evenflow
12-20-2005, 09:10 PM
I voted for Yarna

Umbra
12-21-2005, 08:18 PM
hmmm, i'm still leaning towards a NJO era fig foe a cote. and as much as i'd like a final moment Chewbacca ala 500th Vader/300th Fett, i want too see a new chara made.

Anyone know of good reference pics for Jaina or Tahiri?

Tycho
12-21-2005, 11:36 PM
What does "foe a cote" mean? I read all of NJO, but who is Chara? Did they make a previous figure of this person? When was that?

Jaina is tricky as you need more than 1 of her - likely a Jaina Solo Evolutions set: Apprentice, X-wing Pilot, "dark" Jedi Knight.

Tahiri is well-pictured on the Junior Jedi Knight books. But what needs to be known is when she decides to start wearing shoes (I'm serious).

El Chuxter
12-22-2005, 08:43 AM
She doesn't, to my knowledge, although she isn't a chubby little kid forever.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-23-2005, 07:50 PM
What does "foe a cote" mean?
I assume he meant "for a vote."

When do we find out who the top 25 are?

Kidhuman
12-23-2005, 11:31 PM
In issue 105.

Umbra
12-23-2005, 11:40 PM
Yeah i meant "For a vote" and chara is short for "character",
gah the internet really isn't helping my terrible spelling

Is there any reference pictures for either "dark" jaina or Tahiri after the Vong got to her? As far as I know no comics were made for the New Jedi Order era so that makes things a tad more difficult to cite costume specifics in the voting form, However I definitly want to put my support behing a NJO era figure.

Tycho
12-24-2005, 08:54 AM
The cover of "The Final Prophesy" shows Tahiri rather well, but I really need to check out the New Essential Chronology and New Character Guide post E3 to see how updated they all are.

An effort to bring Jan Duursema (especially) into NJO comics should have been made and Dark Horse should have gotten more involved wth NJO and unifying a look for it. I love what they did with Clone Wars and Republic, but they missed the ball on NJO which was really a Del Rey project - but it would have been nice for the fans if they worked together on it.

ROTJLuke
12-24-2005, 10:27 AM
The figures Ive seen most people voting on (and have a good chance to be in the top 25 (and feel free to add those you believe as well!!))

Yarna
Toyrn Farr
Quinlan Vos
Maquarie Vader (Interesting!)
Final Duel Palpatine (Suprisingly!)
Final Duel Luke (Shocking!, I've recieved many pm's on other sites telling me that character had their vote, and I've had (currently pushing) about 30 friends from work/the university/family voting so, Im shocked!)

Those are the consistant ones Ive seen. Ive seen a few for Hermie and such, but with heavy rumors pointing to those figures being released in the future, I dont think they'll have to worry.

Tycho
12-24-2005, 12:53 PM
OK, you guys let's really focus and send this one out there:

"A carded Mouse Droid" (or 5-pack).

I have no idea why this concept isn't winning. I'm going to have to call an emergency meeting of the Mouse Droid Sniffers' Association.

I want independently articulated wheel suspension, and a clicking, beeping noise when it rolls. I know they were basically black, but there are different shades of black. Multi-spectrum paint applications could result in various olfactory sensations when one opens this ingenious piece for their collection. What's more, I think it should be sold with a star-protector case that holds the smell within for longer.

Y'all go and vote for the Mouse Droid, ya hear me now?

plasticfetish
12-24-2005, 01:24 PM
I'd vote for that... but I really want one of those little remote control versions that Tomy makes instead.

TheDarthVader
12-24-2005, 05:28 PM
Who is Toyrn Farr?

I'd sure like to sniff some mouse droids with you sometime. I think an idenpendent rolling wheel mouse droid is a good idea. But I am not sure how well it would sell.......hmmm......I'd buy one pack.

B.
TDV

Kidhuman
12-24-2005, 05:55 PM
Toryn Farr is the women on Hoth who is at the control board.

bobafrett
12-24-2005, 10:23 PM
"A carded Mouse Droid" (or 5-pack).

I got this mental picture of you converting one of those robot sweeper things into a vaccuming mouse droid, and you crawling around on the ground behind it sniffing it's trail. I am disturbed by this.

Tycho
12-25-2005, 01:42 AM
BF, have you been spying on me?

Battle Droid
12-25-2005, 02:47 AM
Mustafar Mouse Droid Scare Cinema Scene w/ five Mouse Droids and Lord Vader. lol

TheDarthVader
12-25-2005, 09:53 AM
Toryn Farr is the women on Hoth who is at the control board.

Oh. I would buy a Toryn Farr figure. I think she would be an excellent choice.

B.
TDV

Turbowars
12-25-2005, 10:03 AM
Nah, if Hasbro is making Clif from Cheer's I would think we would get her down the line as well.

bobafrett
12-25-2005, 11:31 AM
BF, have you been spying on me?

Yes, and I see you are still wearing that hospital gown with the opened back. :D Now if you could just convince Pamela Anderson to wear it while I am spying on her. :love:

TheDarthVader
12-25-2005, 09:31 PM
I wonder why ToyFare isn't showing us the current results. Is it because if they do someone might start "stuffing the ballot box" to help his candidate? I guess that would be the only reason. I would like to know the top ten right now. They should release the names in no particular order.

B.
TDV

Kidhuman
12-26-2005, 01:15 AM
I was wondering if thye would do that also. I dont know how many times a month the mag comes out, but if its once a month, then its a two month poll I would assume and the third would have the results(top 25).

ROTJLuke
12-26-2005, 01:23 PM
I was wondering if thye would do that also. I dont know how many times a month the mag comes out, but if its once a month, then its a two month poll I would assume and the third would have the results(top 25).

The contest ends January 15th. It's a month to vote for whoever you want. When TF 105 comes out (February I think?) then well know the top 25. Then we can vote on those.

El Chuxter
12-27-2005, 05:30 PM
Torryn Farr is a fox. :kiss:

Slicker
12-27-2005, 05:39 PM
Torryn Farr is a fox. :kiss::yes: :whip:

Kidhuman
12-28-2005, 01:05 AM
Welcome home Slicker

ROTJLuke
12-28-2005, 01:54 PM
I don't quite remember where I read it at, but "theories" (I guess you'd call them) have surfaced about hasbro using this "contest" to see what we want. 2018 is a long, long time away. If they plan to fufill their contract, Id be suprised if we didn't see EU based lines. Cries for Toyrn Farr, Yarna dal Gargan, Death Star II Luke, Jango Fett, etc. are going to appear in the line. (Hell, if Bren Derlin got a figure, Toyrn Farr and Yarna can't be that far behind. However, those are only half the majority cry. Quinlan Vos is leading the EU characters, followed by characters like the Solo twins, Darth Revan and Malak from KOTOR, obscure Jedi that didn't make it in the films, and odd EU characters. 2006 is on our doorstep, 2018 is 12 years away. In 12 years, the figures we all desperatly want should be in our collection, on our shelves, in our drawers, MOMC, on your desk at work, etc. Wherever you keep your figures at. This "contest" is letting hasbro know who we want to see. If you thought your figure would never get done, watch for it to be on the rumor lists in 2007 or 2008.

Slicker
12-28-2005, 02:03 PM
Welcome home SlickerThanks KH it's to be back "home".

For me the day when we get another line or two of just EU figures is the day that I quite this whole thing. It was bad enough when they released the one wave back in the day but at least there was lots of other product to keep me interested. Nowadays there isn't half the amount of stuff to buy.

Rogue II
12-28-2005, 02:38 PM
If they plan to fufill their contract, Id be suprised if we didn't see EU based lines. Cries for Toyrn Farr, Yarna dal Gargan, Death Star II Luke, Jango Fett, etc. are going to appear in the line. (Hell, if Bren Derlin got a figure, Toyrn Farr and Yarna can't be that far behind.

I'll partially agree with you on that. Toyrn Farr would eventually be made, along with countless remakes of Jango and Luke. What I don't agree with is that Hasbro would make Yarna without this poll. She has a few things going against her: 1) She is female, and a "hefty" one at that. 2) her profession. Hasbro probably sees her and remembers how bad the Rancor Keeper sold.

I believe Hasbro would make EU characters...once they figure out where to start. Shadows of the Empire was an easy choice because it was a book and a game, plus EU was a bit more limited back then. Now, there are so many eras in Star Wars EU to choose from. And, if they wait, they will have to worry about TV shows competing for figures as well.

Personally, the only EU characters I would buy would be droids and Rebel pilots.

ROTJLuke
12-28-2005, 03:07 PM
I'll partially agree with you on that. Toyrn Farr would eventually be made, along with countless remakes of Jango and Luke. What I don't agree with is that Hasbro would make Yarna without this poll. She has a few things going against her: 1) She is female, and a "hefty" one at that. 2) her profession. Hasbro probably sees her and remembers how bad the Rancor Keeper sold.

I believe Hasbro would make EU characters...once they figure out where to start. Shadows of the Empire was an easy choice because it was a book and a game, plus EU was a bit more limited back then. Now, there are so many eras in Star Wars EU to choose from. And, if they wait, they will have to worry about TV shows competing for figures as well.

Personally, the only EU characters I would buy would be droids and Rebel pilots.

Her weight is def. not a problem. Countless figures like the Rancor keeper, Gremoriean guard, etc. were hefty, yet sold. (They didn't sell great, but they did sell).

Secondly, Hasbro wouldn't title the figure: Yarna Dal Gargan-Jabba's Palace Prostitute. No company in their right mind hoping to target the kid as well as collector would do that. However, Jabba's Dancer or Palace Dinzien or something would work. The exclusive Oola figure sold, and she was more skankly dressed than Yarna. Same with Slave Leia. Sex sells. Even if it is an obese, 6 breasted woman.

TheDarthVader
12-28-2005, 03:09 PM
You said it, Slicker. I wouldn't buy any EU figures. And if they ever want to concentrate on EU then I will concentrate on either another toy line or nothing. There are PLENTY of PT and OT figures to be made.

B.
TDV

Rogue II
12-28-2005, 03:39 PM
Her weight is def. not a problem. Countless figures like the Rancor keeper, Gremoriean guard, etc. were hefty, yet sold. (They didn't sell great, but they did sell).

Secondly, Hasbro wouldn't title the figure: Yarna Dal Gargan-Jabba's Palace Prostitute. No company in their right mind hoping to target the kid as well as collector would do that. However, Jabba's Dancer or Palace Dinzien or something would work. The exclusive Oola figure sold, and she was more skankly dressed than Yarna. Same with Slave Leia. Sex sells. Even if it is an obese, 6 breasted woman.

The Rancor Keeper sat on pegs and in bins forever, even after it went on clearance. The Gammorean Guards are practically an army builder. They are green pigs, so are supposed to be fat, and they have the monster/alien factor going for them.lol

Hasbro probably saw Slave Leia as a core character, so didn't have a problem with making her...multiple times. Oola was geared more towards collectors because it was an online exclusive.

I'm sure if Hasbro ever made her, they would come up with some clever name for Yarna like you mentioned. It doesn't even matter to me if they make her carded alone, include her in a multi-pack of Palace Dinziens like we got in the Saga line. I just don't think they would make her in the first place without her winning a pole such as this.

Slicker
12-28-2005, 03:48 PM
Don't forget the big fat Ephant Mon that they made. I personally never saw one on the pegs and I had to buy one off Ebay for the low, low price of $20 (seriously that was one of the lowest prices when I bought him) so it's obvious that overweight figures DO sell sometimes. I think Yarna would be one that would fly off the shelves...if they don't overpack her.

Turbowars
12-28-2005, 06:44 PM
I never thought Yarna Dal Gargan was a Prostitute. I just recently heard this.:lipsrseal

TheDarthVader
12-28-2005, 08:41 PM
I never thought Yarna Dal Gargan was a Prostitute. I just recently heard this.:lipsrseal

All the more reason to vote for her. She may be the only one ever shown in the star wars universe! Yessssssss.

B.
TDV

Umbra
01-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Does anyone happen to know where the following pic is from so I can cite it in the vote?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Jaina.jpg

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-01-2006, 02:15 PM
Does anyone happen to know where the following pic is from so I can cite it in the vote?

You could just link to that one. But I believe it's on one of the Japanese covers of the NJO books?

Turbowars
01-01-2006, 11:17 PM

No one knows, so you can't vote for her. In fact she was made up by some fans on RS, yeah that it RS, so yeah you need to vote for a OT figure.

Umbra
01-01-2006, 11:48 PM
No one knows, so you can't vote for her. In fact she was made up by some fans on RS, yeah that it RS, so yeah you need to vote for a OT figure.

XD, nice try, and while the black helmeted Sergeant from Jabba's Palace is immensly tempting, i really want to see an EU line and i think my best hope for that is to show support via this poll

El Chuxter
01-02-2006, 11:55 AM
It's definitely from a Japanese cover, and looks to be one of the NJO series.

kool-aid killer
01-03-2006, 10:17 AM
I voted for Bultar Swan. Im hoping her being in Attack of the Clones and in the Clone Wars comic has given her a fan following that will vote for her too.

tgr3328
01-03-2006, 11:25 AM

I assume from the name of the file that it is a picture of Jaina Solo, Han and Leia's daughter. The picture looks like something from the NJO series. You can see a Wookie (Lowbacca?) and a Yuuzhan Vong.

Beast
02-06-2006, 01:04 AM
I haven't been around a lot lately, but I did show my support with a vote for Yarna. :)

Kidhuman
02-06-2006, 09:07 AM
YAY JJB, doin the right thing as usual.

Beast
02-06-2006, 10:05 AM
YAY JJB, doin the right thing as usual.
Heh. I may not be big on the collecting right now, but Yarna deserves some love. :)

Tycho
02-06-2006, 07:03 PM
4 or 6 times the love?

Welcome back, JarJarBinks.

TheDarthVader
02-08-2006, 11:04 AM
I haven't been around a lot lately, but I did show my support with a vote for Yarna. :)

JARJAR! Good to see you around again, and I'm even happier that you voted for YARNA.

B.
TDV

lukesky27
02-08-2006, 12:01 PM
YARNA D'AL GARGAN

I voted for her...I hope that she will be the next fan's choice.

ls27

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-08-2006, 05:45 PM
This is taking forever. Will the issue be out soon?

Beast
02-08-2006, 05:51 PM
This is taking forever. Will the issue be out soon?
Issue #105 of Wizard's ToyFare will be out in March according to Diamond. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Issue #105 of Wizard's ToyFare will be out in March according to Diamond. :)
Thanks!

It's just like the good old days. Post something and JJB responds within five minutes. :D

Phantom-like Menace
03-10-2006, 11:24 PM
According to sources who have already received their Toyfares in the mail, these are the top twenty-five.

Note, our good Senator JMS has already mentioned that he suspected some of these might be ringers, and many of these were already rumored.

My vote will go to Corran Horn.

1. Anakin Solo
2. Bastila Shan
3. Clone Commander (Galactic Marine from BFII)
4. Commander Neyo
5. Corran Horn
6. Darth Malak
7. Darth Maul
8. Darth Nihilus
9. Darth Revan
10. Exar Kun
11. Hermi Odle
12. HK-47
13. Jacen Solo
14. Jaina Solo
15. Kir Kanos
16. Kyle Katarn as a Jedi
17. Luke Skywalker from RoTJ
18. Mara Jade Skywalker
19. Nom Anor
20. Padme Amidala as Clone Wars snowbunny
21. Padme Amidala black dress . . . you know which one
22. Padme Amidala in funeral dress
23. Quinlan Vos
24. Willrow Hood with ice cream maker (perfect base for a custom of Rembrandt from Sliders)
25. Yarna D'al Gargan (shudder)

TheDarthVader
03-10-2006, 11:56 PM
LOL! This has to be a rumor or inaccurate information as voting on wizard's web site is still going! Click the link in my signature to see for yourself. Anyone else back me on this one?

B.
TDV

Phantom-like Menace
03-11-2006, 12:16 AM
I can't vouch for the original source (don't even know who it may have been), but results should be out in Toyfare #105 which should be out on shelves any day now. I don't know how wet they want the ink to be when it hits, but I have to suspect subscribers get it a few days in advance. The web vote may currently be Goes Nowhere Does Nothing. Actually I would hardly be surprised if it's still there after the magazine hits the stands.

Kidhuman
03-11-2006, 12:39 AM
I dont believe the list. Way too many EU characters on there. I will await the official confirmation. If voting is still going on, then this can not be the list.

Tycho
03-11-2006, 01:31 AM
Tycho's opinion of the list, if it is even legit:

1. Anakin Solo - YES
2. Bastila Shan - NO - don't even know who this is
3. Clone Commander (Galactic Marine from BFII) - YES - if the same from Mygeeto ROTS
4. Commander Neyo - YES (not my first pick though)
5. Corran Horn - Maybe
6. Darth Malak - NO
7. Darth Maul - NO
8. Darth Nihilus -NO (and who???)
9. Darth Revan - NO (don't know this character either)
10. Exar Kun - YES (would be very cool)
11. Hermi Odle - YES
12. HK-47 - Who?
13. Jacen Solo - YES
14. Jaina Solo - YES
15. Kir Kanos - YES
16. Kyle Katarn as a Jedi - Maybe (not my priority)
17. Luke Skywalker from RoTJ - NO
18. Mara Jade Skywalker - YES
19. Nom Anor - YES
20. Padme Amidala as Clone Wars snowbunny - maybe
21. Padme Amidala black dress . . . you know which one -YES
22. Padme Amidala in funeral dress -which funeral? Qui-Gon's in TPM? then YES
23. Quinlan Vos - YES
24. Willrow Hood with ice cream maker (perfect base for a custom of Rembrandt from Sliders) - YES (funny, but not my priority)
25. Yarna D'al Gargan - Maybe - not my priority. She was disgusting.

jedi master sal
03-11-2006, 01:42 AM
Hmm we can tell Tycho hasn't played KOTOR!

According to another source 15 of the 25 choices are:
A'sharad Hett (Half Tusken half human Jedi)
Willrow Hood (Ice Cream Maker Guy)
Guri (Female looking andoird from EU)
Po Nudo (Aqualish Seperatist leader)
Corran Horn (Jedi Knight and X-wing pilot)
Wulf Yularen (white garbed Imperial Officer in the first Death Star's conference room with Tarkin)
Vilmarh Grahrk (Known as Villie to comics reader. He's partnered with Quinlan Vos on more than one occassion)
Darth Malak (Sith Lord from the original KOTOR video game)
Mungo Baobob (Character from the "Droids" cartoon)
Lando Calrissian (Smuggler-Han's White shirt and black vest)
Quinlan Vos (Probably the best known EU Jedi, he was almost assured of being made anyway.)
Yarna d'al Gargan (Fat dancer from Jabba's palace.)
Jaster Mereel (Boba Fett wannabe. I could see them doing this to as all they'd really need do is a new paint scheme.)
Exar Kun (Ancient Jedi turned Sith Lord)
Ben Quadrinaros (The hapless pod racer whose quad engine racer stalled then blew apart hampering Anakin at the Boonta Eve race.)

Who knows really. Until the issue comes out or there is a serious leak that can be confirmed, we'll find out in a few days.

My choice was Quinlan, with Villie being a string second and ICMG third, and finally Yarna fourth. Though there are a few others on that short list of 15 that I'd like to see done.

-Sal

plasticfetish
03-11-2006, 02:14 AM
Hmm we can tell Tycho hasn't played KOTOR!Exactly.

...if this list has anything to do with reality, I'd be happy to see even a few of those KOTOR names on there.

Sith Lord 0498
03-11-2006, 06:55 AM
2. Bastila Shan - NO - don't even know who this is
6. Darth Malak - NO
8. Darth Nihilus -NO (and who???)
9. Darth Revan - NO (don't know this character either)
12. HK-47 - Who?

These are all from the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic video game (except Darth Nihilus...he's from KOTOR 2)

Bastila Shan - Jedi Padawan turned Sith wanna-be

Darth Malak - Sith Lord and primary villain of KOTOR

Darth Nihilus - prominent Sith Lord of KOTOR 2...he's the guy on the box with the strange skull mask

Darth Revan - obviously a Sith Lord...Malak's master but that's all I'll say (the truth about Revan is the best part of the game)

HK-47 - assassin droid that becomes part of your posse in KOTOR

Battle Droid
03-11-2006, 08:48 AM
Not one single Neimoidian or Separatist? :upset:

But Darth Maul?

jedi master sal
03-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Hmm we can tell Tycho hasn't played KOTOR!

According to another source 15 of the 25 choices are:
A'sharad Hett (Half Tusken half human Jedi)
Willrow Hood (Ice Cream Maker Guy)
Guri (Female looking andoird from EU)
Po Nudo (Aqualish Seperatist leader)
Corran Horn (Jedi Knight and X-wing pilot)
Wulf Yularen (white garbed Imperial Officer in the first Death Star's conference room with Tarkin)
Vilmarh Grahrk (Known as Villie to comics reader. He's partnered with Quinlan Vos on more than one occassion)
Darth Malak (Sith Lord from the original KOTOR video game)
Mungo Baobob (Character from the "Droids" cartoon)
Lando Calrissian (Smuggler-Han's White shirt and black vest)
Quinlan Vos (Probably the best known EU Jedi, he was almost assured of being made anyway.)
Yarna d'al Gargan (Fat dancer from Jabba's palace.)
Jaster Mereel (Boba Fett wannabe. I could see them doing this to as all they'd really need do is a new paint scheme.)
Exar Kun (Ancient Jedi turned Sith Lord)
Ben Quadrinaros (The hapless pod racer whose quad engine racer stalled then blew apart hampering Anakin at the Boonta Eve race.)

Who knows really. Until the issue comes out or there is a serious leak that can be confirmed, we'll find out in a few days.

My choice was Quinlan, with Villie being a string second and ICMG third, and finally Yarna fourth. Though there are a few others on that short list of 15 that I'd like to see done.

-Sal

Here's 5 more to add to the fray (all women):
Padmé Amidala (black "fireplace" gown from AOTC)
Jaina Solo One of Han and Leia's twin children.She'd either be in Jedi or x-wing pilot clothes
Bultar Swan Asian Jedi from AOTC's geonosis arena scene
Admiral Daala EU Imperial Admiral. IIRC, she wore a RED Imperial officer uniform. Would be kinda neat.
Toryn Farr "Stand by Ion control...FIRE" She's one of the Hoth tactical screen operators. Similar bun hairstyle as Leia's was from the original.

Any of all f those would be excellent additions. Though I'd want Toryn Farr first then Bultar Swan then which ever of the other three next.

Again this seems to be another web sites speculation, but these are good choices.
-Sal

Turbowars
03-11-2006, 10:51 AM
Damn I have no clue who most of those are on the list. If it is true I'm happy to see that the Ice Cream dude and Yarna are there. I kind of thought Concept Vader would have had a chance.:cry:

bobafrett
03-11-2006, 01:07 PM
25. Yarna D'al Gargan (shudder)

Not Shudder, instead, Hoorah! See voting does make a difference :thumbsup:

Tycho
03-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Admiral Daala does not wear a red Imperial uniform, she has red hair, but a green uniform like Tarkin (her old lover).

You're thinking of Ysanne Isaard, Imperial Intelligence (who's uniforms are red). She's got raven black hair with a white birthmark streak in it on one side, and possibly two different colored eyes (one blue, one green). She had her own father killed (the former head of Imperial Intelligence) to ascend to her position. She had a problem "stalking" Baron Soontir Fel (TIE Pilot Ace - who was even married to Wedge Antilles' sister) but she never got anywhere with that. Fel hates her. But either lady would make a great figure and offer the Empire some ladies-in-uniform. But Isaard, or "Ice Heart" as she was nicknamed, would be a more impressive and different figure than what would look a lot like Mara Jade in an Imperial uniform (Daala - though she wasn't Mara Jade or even close!)

No, I don't play KOTOR or any video games really, but I have been told the "secret" about the game, so I know... However, I did also know more about the Rogue Squadron comics than anyone previously posting. How else do you think I chose the screen-name "Tycho" nearly 10 years ago?

This has been a Rogue Squadron Executive Officer's report. Copy-that.

Lord Malakite
03-11-2006, 03:41 PM
Darn. The four armed Chef from the Christmas Special didn't make it.:p

Darth Cruel
03-11-2006, 04:20 PM
Admiral Daala does not wear a red Imperial uniform, she has red hair, but a green uniform like Tarkin (her old lover).

You're thinking of Ysanne Isaard, Imperial Intelligence (who's uniforms are red). She's got raven black hair with a white birthmark streak in it on one side, and possibly two different colored eyes (one blue, one green). She had her own father killed (the former head of Imperial Intelligence) to ascend to her position. She had a problem "stalking" Baron Soontir Fel (TIE Pilot Ace - who was even married to Wedge Antilles' sister) but she never got anywhere with that. Fel hates her. But either lady would make a great figure and offer the Empire some ladies-in-uniform. But Isaard, or "Ice Heart" as she was nicknamed, would be a more impressive and different figure than what would look a lot like Mara Jade in an Imperial uniform (Daala - though she wasn't Mara Jade or even close!)

No, I don't play KOTOR or any video games really, but I have been told the "secret" about the game, so I know... However, I did also know more about the Rogue Squadron comics than anyone previously posting. How else do you think I chose the screen-name "Tycho" nearly 10 years ago?

This has been a Rogue Squadron Executive Officer's report. Copy-that.

I think my wife watches this show while I am at work. I think it is called "As the Death Star Turns" or "As Alderaan Burns" or something like that.

Slicker
03-11-2006, 04:32 PM
Damn I have no clue who most of those are on the list. If it is true I'm happy to see that the Ice Cream dude and Yarna are there. I kind of thought Concept Vader would have had a chance.:cry:I know. It's upsetting to see sooooo many EU characters there but when you think about it there aren't really THAT many characters that were in the films left to make. Especially if you don't count costume changes. I myself would prefer if they had two separate polls. One for EU and the other for characters seen in the movies.

Beast
03-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Damn, way too many EU characters made it into the finals.

Happy to see that Yarna D'al Gargan managed to make it on the list though. Hopefully that will show Hasbro that we do want her. Suprised that Col. Wulff Yularen didn't manage to make it, given how often he's mentioned. Oh well, maybe next time.

My vote will of course go for Yarna. :)

Tycho
03-11-2006, 04:54 PM
I think my wife watches this show while I am at work. I think it is called "As the Death Star Turns" or "As Alderaan Burns" or something like that.

LOL - that was funny!

Actually, Tycho Celchu is from Alderaan...

rust
03-11-2006, 05:18 PM
A'sharad Hett (Half Tusken half human Jedi)Willrow Hood (Ice Cream Maker Guy)Guri (Female looking andoird from EU)Po Nudo (Aqualish Seperatist leader)Corran Horn (Jedi Knight and X-wing pilot)Wulf Yularen (white garbed Imperial Officer in the first Death Star's conference room with Tarkin)Vilmarh Grahrk (Known as Villie to comics reader. He's partnered with Quinlan Vos on more than one occassion)Darth Malak (Sith Lord from the original KOTOR video game)Mungo Baobob (Character from the "Droids" cartoon)Lando Calrissian (Smuggler-Han's White shirt and black vest)Quinlan Vos (Probably the best known EU Jedi, he was almost assured of being made anyway.)Yarna d'al Gargan (Fat dancer from Jabba's palace.)Jaster Mereel (Boba Fett wannabe. I could see them doing this to as all they'd really need do is a new paint scheme.)Exar Kun (Ancient Jedi turned Sith Lord)Ben Quadrinaros (The hapless pod racer whose quad engine racer stalled then blew apart hampering Anakin at the Boonta Eve race.)That's all wrong. Curto from The 'Scum has the entire list (He said so himself), he's posting some real ones, some fake ones to tease us. The real list was the list posted before this one (The one with Kyle Katarn).GO KYLE KATARN!

figrin bran
03-11-2006, 09:44 PM
just so Turbo doesn't get on my case for "lame EU crap", i actually forgot to vote.

if this list is the real one, then i won't really have any choice but to vote EU and so i might as well go the KOTOR route. ;) with the EU choices, i guess it boils down to whether or not you've read the novels, comics, played the games where the respective characters came from or not.

i'm inclined towards bastila since hasbro never seems to want to make human jedi female figures and i would definitely buy multiples for custom fodder. heck, i would repaint one into a dark side bastila.

jedi master sal
03-12-2006, 12:49 AM
i'm inclined towards bastila since hasbro never seems to want to make human jedi female figures and i would definitely buy multiples for custom fodder. heck, i would repaint one into a dark side bastila.

Don't worry fb, darkside Bastila will be an UGH chase variant...

Devo
03-12-2006, 09:13 AM
I know. It's upsetting to see sooooo many EU characters there but when you think about it there aren't really THAT many characters that were in the films left to make. Especially if you don't count costume changes. I myself would prefer if they had two separate polls. One for EU and the other for characters seen in the movies.

EH?? not that many characters from the films left to make?? Are you serious? How many of the films are you talking about?

dindae
03-12-2006, 09:37 AM
I'm sure there will be plenty of EU on the list because I know when I voted I wanted to vote for a character I thought hasbro needed a push to make so I voted Hermi Odle. The fact that they claimed they lost money on Ephant Mon due to the amount of plastic they used. I figured they would have to use about the same for Hermi so the only way I seem him being made is a Deluxe or one of these polls. I would imagine everone has that character they want that fits this scenario be it Yarna, Tonnika Sister, Ice Cream Make Man or any EU character so that's what I expect to see. The fact that the list did not include the Tonnika Sisters makes me belive it is not valid plus too many KOTOR figures.

Turbowars
03-12-2006, 09:58 AM
EH?? not that many characters from the films left to make?? Are you serious? How many of the films are you talking about?Yeah I agree. Slicker, there's tons of OT movie figures to be made and then we have EP1-3 figures. EU should be a after thought. The way Hasbro is distrubuting their product I'm not sure if the line will last until the end of the year. They now have me wondering if they want anyone to acually buy their product. I mean target puts one case of figures out in a week and WM doesn't even have any stock.

Turbowars
03-12-2006, 10:44 AM
I know the list has been posted, but this post is from RS with some added info.

I got my Toyfare in the mail today, so here's the official 25 for all to see:

1. Anakin Solo
2. Bastila Shan
3. Clone Commander (Galactic Marine pictured) Why is this guy on the list? hasbro has to make him.
4. Commander Neyo Same as #3
5. Corran Horn
6. Darth Malak
7. Darth Maul (Why?!?) Who the hell voted for this guy? You need to be beat!
8. Darth Nihilus
9. Darth Revan
10. Exar Kun
11. Hermi Odle A figure that should be on the the list.
12. HK-47
13. Jacen Solo
14. Jaina Solo
15. Kir Kanos
16. Kyle Katarn (Jedi)
17. Luke Skywalker (ROTJ) Another waste.
18. Mara Jade Skywalker One was already made.
19. Nom Anor
20. Padme Amidala (snowsuit)
21. Padme Amidala (AOTC black dress)
22. Padme Amidala (ROTS funeral)
23. Quinlan Vos (who woulda thunk it?)
24. Willrow Hood (Ice Cream Maker Man) They should make 2 from the list.
25. Yarna D'al Gargan (6-breasted dancer) No brainer!

These were represented in alphabetical order by Toyfare so they didn't give away how many votes each character received. And for those of you who aren't EU buffs, you will have to pick up the magazine or wait until Wednesday to checkout Wizarduniverse.com for pictures and descriptions. There's just too much for me to type here. Now to decide who I want to vote for

I'm going to have a hard time deciding on Willrow Hood and Yarna. Most likely I will go with Yarna, but how much of a chance does Mr. Hood have after this Poll?

The EU has to go!

pegger
03-12-2006, 12:37 PM
Well, I'm REALLY disappointed in the list. Not only because Wulf didn't make it...but there is WAY too many EU characters. I don't mind a smattering of them...but 16 out of the top 25!??!

I guess I'm voting Hermie...or Yarna. Aside from the Ep.2 clones that they would have to make anyways, the rest I could give a rats behind about.

Darth Cruel
03-12-2006, 01:02 PM
And I am really disappointed in my apparent stupidity. I just spent 20 minutes composing a post for this thread, I thought I clicked submit reply, and when I came back to my computer, the post was gone and not posted. That sucks.

Well, here is the Readers' Digest condensed version of the post:

I am voting for the Galactic Marine or Neyo because I would just rather not see fringe characters made until the characters that are a little more important to the main story are done. And I love clone figures!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-12-2006, 01:34 PM
Aww, what a crappy list. Way too many Eu people. I'll probably vote for Yarna. Weren't some of these guys already rumored for 2006 anyway?

And Darth Maul? Why????????

Turbowars
03-12-2006, 02:05 PM
And I am really disappointed in my apparent stupidity. I just spent 20 minutes composing a post for this thread, I thought I clicked submit reply, and when I came back to my computer, the post was gone and not posted. That sucks.

Well, here is the Readers' Digest condensed version of the post:

I am voting for the Galactic Marine or Neyo because I would just rather not see fringe characters made until the characters that are a little more important to the main story are done. And I love clone figures!I understand your reasoning about voting for the clones, but they are clones and hasbro will most likely make them anyways.
This poll should be use to get the figures Hasbro has said they don't want to make or figures that have been over looked for years. Not figures that were in a film 1 year ago.:thumbsup:

Droid
03-12-2006, 05:14 PM
OK, so Yarna and Hermi are the only choices on the list I would have come to close to picking.

As far as market research, this shows Hasbro we are all insane. If they made all these figures they would peg warm forever. I am a HUGE fan of the Saga and have no idea who many, many of these characters are.

I can only hope fans of the original trilogy poured all their votes into Yarna and Hermi. I just hope that the votes aren't split between the two resulting in some piece of garbage being made.

I am STUNNED there is not one cantina figure on the list. No Owen and Beru from the prequels. No Anchorhead Biggs. No Lando smuggler. No black Bespin Guard, palace Klaatu, Lumat, Warok, or Romba. No Tagge. I just hope that doesn't suggest to Hasbro that we do not want them. I am AT A LOSS!

pegger
03-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Not only that, but the EU characters they have are boring - they could be kitbashed - or otherwise had...
For example - you want an Anakin Solo? Jett Zukasa. There...Just call him Anakin.
You want Kyle Katarn as Jedi? Use the previous Kyle katarn and give him a light sabre...Mara jade Skywalker?? We already have Mara Jade - what changes?

It's not even that someone voted for them - it's that SO MANY voted for them...

On the plus side - I know there are many EU fans out there that are happy about this. Some of the KOTOR figs will be cool - and as I said, a few in the line are ok. However, this many - will kill the line. What parent is going to buy their kid these figs?

I'd also like to point out that we did that top 50 figs never made - there are (I think) 2 that are on the same list. Padme in black dress and Hermi. Something is amiss...

I'm not sure who to vote for yet....Hermi, Yarna or Willrow....

jjreason
03-12-2006, 06:24 PM
We need to stand together!!!! Only with solidarity can we ensure Yarna arises to her rightful position as the "Most Desirable Female in a Plastic Figure Role".

Tycho
03-12-2006, 06:33 PM
We need to stand together!!!! Only with solidarity can we ensure Yarna arises to her rightful position as the "Most Desirable Female in a Plastic Figure Role".

You Yarna fans have some serious problems.

You want female figures? I'd rally the EU faction for a good Jaina Solo figure (Rogue Squadron style!)

pegger
03-12-2006, 06:52 PM
A Female x-wing fighter would be cool - just would seem a waste on this particular occasion. I agree with Turbowars - this is a chance to get a figure that might never see plastic made. Out of the list, the only real ones I see that fit this bill are
Willrow - obscure (strike 1) human (strike 2) background (strike 3) character
Hermi - obscure (strike 1), huge (strike 2) alien (plus) character, or
Yarna - female (strike 1), background (strike 2) prostitute (strike 3) character that hasbro doesn't want to make (strike 4)...

I'm leaning Yarna...but I still would have rather had Wulf....

Tycho - I'm amazed that you're not starting the Padme in slutty outfit crusade!

Turbowars
03-12-2006, 07:29 PM
We need to stand together!!!! Only with solidarity can we ensure Yarna arises to her rightful position as the "Most Desirable Female in a Plastic Figure Role".I seriously, whole heartily agree, but unfortunately there's too many EU geeks that will ruin the idea. All us OT freaks will just have to try our best.

Slicker
03-12-2006, 07:56 PM
I seriously, whole heartily agree, but unfortunately there's too many EU geeks that will ruin the idea. All us OT freaks will just have to try our best.And I'd be willing to be that 90% of the EU geeks are PT fans that don't really care for the OT anyways and since nearly every damn background character has been made from the PT there only option is the EU. That's my thinking and that's what I've thought for some time.

Blackened88
03-12-2006, 07:58 PM
where do you vote?!?!?!?!