PDA

View Full Version : Look where Im goin..

mastermatt24
12-12-2005, 11:57 PM
My dad got some tickets to this (Through Kodak):
http://www.btlnews.com/screenings/rsvp-1.php?event=543965634

"A special evening celebrating the artistry of
Star Wars: EPISODE III Revenge of the Sith featuring:

Writer/Director George Lucas;
Producer Rick McCallum;
Film Editor & Sound Designer Ben Burtt;
Supervising Sound Editor Matthew Wood;
Animation Director Rob Coleman;
Visual Effects Supervisor John Knoll;
Visual Effects Supervisor Roger Guyett;
Practical Model Supervisor Brian Gernand;
Creatures Supervisor Dave Elsey;
Costume Designer Trisha Biggar"

Crazy huh? :D

JimJamBonds
12-13-2005, 12:34 AM
Yeah I'd love to go thanks Matt! But there is no way my employer would let me off this time of year just to go see a movie so perhaps you should give that ticket to somebody else then. :D All joking aside how did you dad get those tickets? Does he work for Kodak or something? Should be pretty cool, I'd like to hear a review.

mastermatt24
12-13-2005, 03:12 AM
Yea he works with Kodak. It was kinda funny because he had to go pick up a cusomter at the airport so he asked his secretary to get the tickets when they became aviable and she did!
Ill tell you guys all about it when I get back. ;)

Anakin Palpatine
12-13-2005, 05:08 AM
Well, I hope you have a great time doing what we all wish we could be doing. Have fun, can't wait to read about it

JediTricks
12-13-2005, 08:10 PM
This is not a collectibles thread, so I moved it to the prequels forum.

Oh, and I hate you because I'm super jealous! :D I wish I had a more stable schedule and some invites to this, I'd totally go, it's only, what, 10 miles from where I live I guess, I've even been there before for other stuff - nothing this cool naturally.

mastermatt24
12-13-2005, 08:34 PM
I wish I had a more stable schedule and some invites to this
No offense but its only for "special" people, ;) its for the cintematic guilds and accompanying industries; and because my dad works for Kodak (who supplies the film) he was able to join the Below the Line people.

JediTricks
12-13-2005, 09:09 PM
No offense but its only for "special" people, ;) its for the cintematic guilds and accompanying industries; and because my dad works for Kodak (who supplies the film) he was able to join the Below the Line people.
That's where the "I wish I had some invites" part comes in. :p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-14-2005, 07:22 PM
Holy balls man, that's awesome!!! :eek:

mastermatt24
12-17-2005, 01:28 PM
It was awesome... Ive got to go to a christmas partty really soon, but I will post when I get the chance! :yes:

mastermatt24
12-18-2005, 09:46 PM
"A special evening celebrating the artistry of
Star Wars: EPISODE III Revenge of the Sith And boy it was..
When we first got there the had us wait outside by these heat lamp things (the kind that you see outside of restraunts sometimes) and they had people with Hors d'oeuvres walking around. I see this large man come walking sideways down the stairs and dont give it a second thought.. until he stops and grabs some champagne form the little table and starts smoking. He looks a lot like Rick McCallum, and I asked the guys we were standing with if it was him, and they said yes so my Dad and I went over to talk to him. He was a nice guy- we shook hands and made a little small talk, but the best thing my dad unknowningly got out of him was that the SW TV show starts shooting in January (he asked him what projects he was working on) After that he then went off to smoke his life away :sad:

When the show got on they showed us some clips... Some stuff that had been cut from the film (Not the deleted sceens), along with lots of stuff that wasnt. There were some more shots of Kashyyyk, Tantive IV (Im assuming that was its name), and some more of the mygeeto sceen (Ki).
Then they had the pepole that worked on the shots come up and talk. They did it like that for the rest of the show, it was really neat.
The only person that wasnt able to make it was Trisha Biggar, who had some family emergency in Scottland. Matthew Wood and Ben Burt did the voices of Grevious and Vader and were saying some funny stuff like "I think all villians have breathing problems." They were good. When they showed ILM's clip it was really interesting to see what was digital and what wasnt... like all the clones on Kashyyyk arent real at all. There was also some intersting stuff about mustafar- and how they actually sent teams to Sciliy to film a volcano (they also had clips of that). Lucas did show up and he did
give some good news.. get ready for this... ALL SIX films will be rereleased, starting with TPM, in 3D!
Shortly after that the show was over and it was time to go autograph hunting... First I walked a few steps and Ben Burt was standing there, got him then I went on the stage to get Matthew Wood, and shortly after Rick McCallum- It was really funny listening to him talk to the other people, in the start of the show he had thanked Texas instruments for bringing in the projector and the sound, now he was saying how "f***ing horrible" the picture was, and that the sound sounded like "****." It was hilarious because right after he said that some woman he was with was like "lets go get some drinks"
I looked around for Lucas, but he was already gone.. :( I walked around and found Brian Gernard, then I forget who I got. The last guys autograph I got was the cinematographer's. Ill post pics of the signatures and from the show a little later.

mastermatt24
12-18-2005, 11:37 PM
(Plz see page 1 for explanation)
Ok heres pics of the thing I had them sign (the insert inside the DVD):
http://photobucket.com/albums/b250/mastermatt24/?action=view&current=SWautograph1.jpg
Autographs: (Left Side from top to bottom) Rick McCallum, Rob Coleman, Brian Gernand. (Right Side top to Bottom) Ben Burtt, Matthew Wood
http://photobucket.com/albums/b250/mastermatt24/?action=view&current=SWautograph2.jpg
Autographs: David (cant remeber last name, and cant make it out either; he was the cinematographer)
And heres a pic of what it looks like in case youre confused:
http://photobucket.com/albums/b250/mastermatt24/?action=view&current=SWautograph3.jpg

We also have more pics on the film camra, I dont know when my dad will have those developed, but when he does Ill put em up. :)

JimJamBonds
12-18-2005, 11:47 PM
Very cool there Matt!

JediTricks
12-19-2005, 05:42 PM
Aww, they marked up your DVD sleeve! :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-19-2005, 05:55 PM
Very cool!

Nice to know that the show will shoot in January. That's much sooner than I truly expected.

I kind of find it odd that they're releasing TPM first. I mean, it's Episode I and all but the public reaction to that one wasn't exactly the hottest. Frankly I think they should've released ANH first. But oh well.

Oh, and Ben Burtt didn't do the voice for Vader (as you said he did) . . . I kind of think that was James Earl Jones. :D

mastermatt24
12-20-2005, 03:34 AM
lol thats what I first thought.. but then I thought it would be better if they did it on that than the dvd case itself. Did you/could you happen to tell steve about the TV show to start shooting in January? (or I could even tell him..)

JimJamBonds
12-20-2005, 11:00 AM

No big deal there JT it was just a FS copy of ROTS. :p

JediTricks
12-20-2005, 03:49 PM
No big deal there JT it was just a FS copy of ROTS. :p You have a point. :D I didn't notice it was on the Fullscreen version, now we know why they're still marketing those things.

I didn't tell him Matt, you should be the one since it was your discovery, or you could post it in the news yourself and Steve can approve it.

mastermatt24
12-20-2005, 09:47 PM
I dont see the big deal about the WS/FS debate. You like what you like, and I like watching an entire screen, even if I miss out on about 2 millimeters of nothing :Pirate:
Im gonna PM steve right now

JimJamBonds
12-21-2005, 12:48 AM
I dont see the big deal about the WS/FS debate. You like what you like, and I like watching an entire screen, even if I miss out on about 2 millimeters of nothing :Pirate:
Im gonna PM steve right now

Just busting your chops there Matt. :D Personally I like WS better but its not like FS is that much different really.

mastermatt24
12-21-2005, 01:06 PM
Exactly! :thumbsup:

JediTricks
12-21-2005, 04:57 PM
...but its not like FS is that much different really.Here, I've made some samples from AOTC which I think argue that claim:

Example 1 - Here's one where you'd say "hey, that's not so bad", you've got Mace, you've got Yoda... but sorry Ki-Adi-Mundi, you don't get to be in the scene anymore.

Example 2 - Here's another one that wouldn't elicit much complaint over its loss, but all the colorful bar details and some of the atmosphere background folks are gone.

Example 3 - It looks like everything's there, but oops, 2 of the 3 main characters in the scene are missing. Mace, Yoda, and Barris Offee are all gone, if you want them, you have to remove Palpatine.

Example 4 - Action around main characters, you get the main characters, but you lose half the other Jedi fighting in the scene.

Example 5 - This one sells it for me more than any other. The idea is the main characters and other surviving Jedi are surrounded on all sides by enemy forces, look how big a difference there is between the Foolscreen and Widescreen versions.

mastermatt24
12-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Example 5 - This one sells it for me more than any other. The idea is the main characters and other surviving Jedi are surrounded on all sides by enemy forces, look how big a difference there is between the Foolscreen and Widescreen versions.
But we know theyre surrounded.. does it really matter if we see it?
As for the others- it doesnt matter if those characters are there are not- they just fill in the backgrounds. :cross-eye

JediTricks
12-22-2005, 12:16 AM
But we know theyre surrounded.. does it really matter if we see it?Well, it's visually different, it paints the picture far differently, FS only suggests it, WS leaves no doubt.

As for the others- it doesnt matter if those characters are there are not- they just fill in the backgrounds. :cross-eyeYeah, like example 3, Yoda and Mace are just background characters... :p

mastermatt24
12-22-2005, 07:56 PM
OK.... To get back on topic..
Look what SW.com posted: http://www.starwars.com/community/fun/polls/

"Any news about the planned Star Wars live action series.

Any news about a possible 3-D theatrical release of the movies."

My guess is that all of those are going to be announced.

JediTricks
12-23-2005, 02:40 AM
They've all been announced already, just no firm dates.

mastermatt24
12-24-2005, 08:41 PM
Here are the pics:
http://photobucket.com/albums/b250/mastermatt24/Lucas%20Night/

JimJamBonds
12-26-2005, 12:17 AM
Once again very cool there Matt!!! :thumbsup: