PDA

View Full Version : Target Grievous

DarkArtist
12-13-2005, 09:26 AM
Was wondering what people thought of this. The figure looks like crap to me witht he fire effects and the exploding feature really didn't work to well to begin with. I wonder if the arms will have the stumps from the severed hands.
I think this will peg-warm like the lava reflection figures on the shelves now.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-13-2005, 09:39 AM
I dunno, I like it....if it doesnt come in a starcase for 12.99......

Kidhuman
12-13-2005, 09:44 AM
Anyone got a pic of the figure?

Jayspawn
12-13-2005, 09:45 AM
I'll get it as long as it doesnt cost $12.99.

TheDarthVader
12-13-2005, 11:20 AM
Is this the cup and figure set of Grievous? Or are you talking about a new exclusive figure? Somebody fill me in.

B.
TDV

DarkArtist
12-13-2005, 11:23 AM
the pic is on this website. I agree as well with the quoted price of $12.99. Hopefully it will be like $5.00

SirSteve
12-13-2005, 11:27 AM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=32051

pegger
12-13-2005, 11:56 AM
I kinda like it. It's a little morbid. Maybe we'll get a funeral pyre Vader yet!! or Crispy Owen and Beru!!!

El Chuxter
12-13-2005, 12:02 PM
I have to admit, it doesn't look bad to me. But if it is $12.99, forget it. I'm tired of overpriced Target exclusives.

decadentdave
12-13-2005, 12:11 PM
I was really hoping he would have pull apart chest plates to reveal his internal organs like in the film. That would have sealed it for me. Still, the flaming eyes and chest look pretty cool and makes for a terrific battle display with Obi-Wan. I'm totally down for this one!

Now we just need Grievous' Starfighter and we can recreate the whole Utapaun chase scene.

JEDIpartner
12-13-2005, 12:22 PM
It's another poo figure where they glued on some yellow translucent bits to a preexisting figure. Sad.

Battle Droid
12-13-2005, 02:49 PM
I like it, Sneak Preview Grievous is a great figure!:thumbsup:

bobafrett
12-13-2005, 03:00 PM
I kinda like it. It's a little morbid. Maybe we'll get a funeral pyre Vader yet!! or Crispy Owen and Beru!!!

The flames look God awful. I think this would work better as a lighter, press grevious's ribs and flames shoot out his eye sockets, tons of fun for the kids!

I did get a Crispy Owen and Beru that I won on an eBay auction. It was a custom job done by one of the (former?) SSGer's.

I would probably also pick it up, unless like others here have mentioned, it is $12.99. If it's around $5, and I find it in a Target store, I will own it.

Anakin Palpatine
12-13-2005, 03:05 PM
I think the figure looks good, although I hope the price will be lower than the lava reflection figures. I'm not worried though almost all the Target exclusives peg warm and get discounted anyway. I'm just happy to see that they are actually just doing figures instead of new figures in the same old repainted 1984 remolded ships. I'll shut up now before I get into a rant.

JEDIpartner
12-13-2005, 03:19 PM
The flames look God awful. I think this would work better as a lighter, press grevious's ribs and flames shoot out his eye sockets, tons of fun for the kids...

I officially dub this figure... "Revenge of the Yams General Grievous" or "Yam-face" for short. :upset:

Slicker
12-13-2005, 04:02 PM
I actually like it. It's a figure I would've never thought they'd make. It's definitely different.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-13-2005, 04:50 PM
I'll definitely get this, I like it a lot. Even though it's the Exploding Body Grievous, it's still cool. His left arm (holding the staff) is definitely missing one hand, thankfully. I can't tell on his other arm, but I only see three fingers, so that's good.

The name "General Grievous (Demise of Grievous)" is a bit stupid, though. :D

Droid
12-13-2005, 05:21 PM
I would buy the figure for $5.

What is more significant for me is this confirms one of the rumors on that German rumor list from a while back, which even predicted it would be a Target exclusive. That gives the rest of the list a lot of weight in my mind.

That list also predicted:

BG-J38 (Jabba's Palace Droid)
Bom Vindim (Cantina Alien)
Chief Chirpa
CZ-3 (Mos Eisley Droid)
Hem Dazon (Cantina Denizen)
Moff Jerjerrod
R5-D4
Ewok with Wokling

which we don't have pictures of yet and will be really excited if they come true.

timmae
12-13-2005, 07:25 PM
i'll buy it for 5 bucks. if it is 12.99 i'll have to think about it. i like it though.:thumbsup:

tagmac
12-13-2005, 07:26 PM
This figure makes me wonder why they ever made an "exploding body" Greivous. that thing was completely inaccurate and wouldn't even stay together to stand up. This exclusive should have been offered instead as part of the regular line back then.

AmanaMatt
12-13-2005, 07:30 PM
I just want one Grievous that is actually close to his real Scale as seen in the movie...this dude was huge, yet the figs (aside from the animated one) are not close.

Umbra
12-13-2005, 07:47 PM
i agree i want to see a scaled version, but this one seems kinda nifty. I think i'll go with the group of buying it if the price is fair

UKWildcat
12-13-2005, 07:59 PM
I'm not going to lie. I think the figure is pretty sweet and I'll buy one of these figures for $12.99. Especially if they print that stupid word "Exclusive" on the packaging. I hate it when they do that! ;)

Kidhuman
12-14-2005, 12:43 AM
I aint buying it for 13 bucks. I havent bought one of them since Lava Vader. A star case is not worth 8 bucks.

Lord Malakite
12-14-2005, 01:26 AM
I like the morbid idea behind this character and wouldn't mind having one, but as bobafrett pointed out the flames don't look like flames at all, more like yellow blobs. I'd like Hasbro to fix those up a bit.

plasticfetish
12-14-2005, 03:29 AM
As far as I can tell, this figure is a bit different than the preview or "exploding" figure...
This figure makes me wonder why they ever made an "exploding body" Grievous. That thing was completely inaccurate and wouldn't even stay together to stand up. This exclusive should have been offered instead as part of the regular line back then.I'd assume that this figure was an afterthought.

The exploding Grievous wasn't a bad idea. It was an idea that should have produced a fun toy, but (like so many other figures with action gimmicks) because of poor design it just doesn't work. My kid can't get it to stay in one piece long to do anything with it, so he just doesn't bother. End result... a cra**y toy.

This "exclusive" version should really also be the exploding version as well, but it should latch together properly. I'd give the idea another chance if they've repaired the flaw in the last one. If it doesn't have the break-apart feature, then I may want this one just the same. It's not a bad looking figure...

...but I'm not about to bother with it if it's more expensive than a regular figure. This $12.99 for Target exclusives thing needs to end.

Sentinel18725
12-14-2005, 05:25 AM
I think this is kind of fun! For once, we are getting death figures. I was suprised when Hasbro started producing dismemberment figures with their figures. So, someone in flames isn't bad! Funeral Pyre Darth Vader for the next Target exclusive.

inkedforlife
12-14-2005, 10:33 AM
It looks to me like Hasbro took all of the extra Mon Mothma, Bail Organa and any other peg warmers and melted them down to make these crappy flame things. Hasbro is already loosing me as a customer with all these crappy looking rehash figures they keep coming up with. If this figure really comes out they will hopefully lose a lot more of the once faithful customers. Maybe if that happens they will wake up and start making figures that actually appeal to diehard collectors and not marketing and sales managers. Maybe they should focus more on Unleashed figures that cover a multitude of characters from every movie through out the saga. Then and only then will I start being a faithfull customer again!

abell748
12-14-2005, 11:03 AM
I was suprised, it looked better then what I thought it would. That is not saying much however. I wish that the chest plate was pulled open with the flames bursting out. I thought it was decent and my kids thought it was awesome, so I'll get one and take it with a smile as ReHashbro sticks it to me.

Bacta Beast
12-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Piece of crap!:sleeping:

TheDarthVader
12-14-2005, 06:09 PM
I have mixed feeling about this figure. I did not buy the obi wan or vader lava figures because they sucked for $13 each. If this figure is 5-8 I will buy it. If it is more, I think I will definitely pass.

B.
TDV

Droid
12-15-2005, 12:48 PM
jedidefender.com is reporting $13 for this figure so I will pass. I wasn't really going to make a diorama of this scene anyway.

Kidhuman
12-15-2005, 01:37 PM
Ok, that sums it up for me. Passing as well.

figrin bran
12-15-2005, 01:48 PM
at 12.99, no way! and even if it goes on clearance like the mustafar duel figures around here, i'm still going to pass.

evenflow
12-15-2005, 06:41 PM
I am not too crazy about it, but its interesting enough. I will pick it up.

Turbowars
12-15-2005, 06:55 PM
Damn Target, what's up with the huge cost! I assume it will be in a ctar case for 13 bucks. I just can't believe WM's Twin are 4 bucks and are new cards and this is a old OTC card. Target needs to wise up.

MajikNinja
12-20-2005, 11:38 AM
i dont care if its $12.99 or not, i'll get it either way... i'd probably just spend that money on something else just as useless anyway.

and once again, regardless if its going to be a peg warmer or not, i'm still gonna get it early (like the shadow trooper) if at all possible... i know i'm gonna try.

Fluke Skywalker
12-26-2005, 06:44 AM
$12.99 for this? Ugh. :shocked:

"Fluke Skywalker lines up under his Center, Target. Target snaps the exclusive Grievous. Skywalker drops back. He's gonna... pass!" :pleased:

pug205
12-26-2005, 07:58 PM
The card isnt the old OTC but the new SAGA card

WesleySr
12-29-2005, 03:52 AM
At least it is not an army builder. Target can have all of the exclusive Grievous', Obi-Wan's, Anakin's, & Darth's they want. But please NO MORE TARGET CLONES. I have purchased 10 of every clone produced this year and I was unable to continue that trend with the Target exclusives (or StarWarsShop.com for that matter). I don't mind shelling out $13 every now and then for an exclusive figure, but please NO MORE TARGET CLONES.

dashrender
12-30-2005, 12:31 PM
Anyone seen or heard of a release date on this guy?

I hate to say it, even at 13$ I'll still buy at least one!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-11-2006, 11:41 AM
With all the Toy Fair hubbub, Hasbro mentioned this guy again on their site.

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/newsID.5416B19B-D56F-E112-4E949DC07D25EEDC/default.cfm

However, when you click the link to the loose pic, it shows a slightly different figure than in the picture preview. The one in the smaller pic has larger, more realistic flames coming out of his eyes, and it appears to be the same version on the card. Hopefully they go for the one they show on the card.

MajikNinja
03-30-2006, 10:58 AM
any more information about this figure yet? I have yet to hear anything about when its gonna be on shelfs.

Samuel Windu
03-30-2006, 11:05 AM
Already on sale here in Hong Kong now:shocked:

mtriv73
03-30-2006, 11:07 AM
Amoktime.com already has it in stock. It will probably be on the SHELVES mid to late April or May. I've seen a few on E-bay as well.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-21-2006, 03:00 PM
I bought one (yes, for the crappy $12.99 price, because I saw fewer and fewer left each time I returned), and yeah, it's sealed in a plastic SW holder. It's not bad; card back says he was defeated by the power of the Force. A gun blast to the guts is the power of the Force? :confused: :rolleyes:

Sith Lord 0498
05-21-2006, 04:01 PM
I've had a chance to see these several times on the pegs. Each time, the whole thing just gets dumber and dumber and even dumber. $13 for that thing?!?!?! It's barely worth the price of a regular TSC figure!!

Oh well...that's another $13 I don't have to waste. :)

plasticfetish
05-21-2006, 04:54 PM
It's barely worth the price of a regular TSC figure!!That's really true, but... like Bel-Cam Jos said, it's not that bad. For a carded figure it's pretty cool, it's just the price that makes it lame. They're gathering dust on the pegs at most stores around me, so you begin to wonder why Target couldn't learn from the lava Obi-wan/Anakin mess, and drop their price a bit. (Wonder why they think they can charge more for the VTSC figures than TRU, etc. also.)

Just the same, I picked one up. The kid wanted one, so...

Kidhuman
05-21-2006, 05:08 PM

So where is it, I dont have it yet:razz: :whip: :beard:

plasticfetish
05-21-2006, 06:26 PM
...other kid. The :beard:-less one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-21-2006, 06:46 PM
Like I said at SWC, it's an okay figure, but probably not worth $13. He's completely missing his lower set of forearms, while in the film he's only missing his lower set of hands (after Obi-Wan cuts them off in their duel). That's a little annoying.

Sith Lord 0498
05-21-2006, 06:46 PM
That's really true, but... like Bel-Cam Jos said, it's not that bad. For a carded figure it's pretty cool, it's just the price that makes it lame. They're gathering dust on the pegs at most stores around me, so you begin to wonder why Target couldn't learn from the lava Obi-wan/Anakin mess, and drop their price a bit. (Wonder why they think they can charge more for the VTSC figures than TRU, etc. also.)

It's not just their exclusives that are overpriced. Has anyone noticed that they're charging more for the ROTS Heroes and Villians collection??

Yep, that's right. They're charging $6.99 for repackaged pegwarmers!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JON9000
05-21-2006, 07:33 PM
Greivous sits around these parts.

Kidhuman
05-21-2006, 10:37 PM
It's not just their exclusives that are overpriced. Has anyone noticed that they're charging more for the ROTS Heroes and Villians collection??

Yep, that's right. They're charging $6.99 for repackaged pegwarmers!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I saw that as well, but didnt care much as they were charging 6.89 for the regular line here.

plasticfetish
05-22-2006, 12:25 AM
Yep, that's right. They're charging $6.99 for repackaged pegwarmers!!!I think $6.99 has been the standard price for all of the post ROTS stuff. No big shocker there. It's just when they charge $2 over TRU's price for VTSC figures that I get a bit annoyed. (So, I just buy 'em at TRU. No big deal.)

Sith Lord 0498
05-22-2006, 06:12 AM
I think $6.99 has been the standard price for all of the post ROTS stuff. No big shocker there. It's just when they charge $2 over TRU's price for VTSC figures that I get a bit annoyed. (So, I just buy 'em at TRU. No big deal.)

It's probably a shock because my local Target lowered the price of TSC to $5.89 in order to stay competitive with WM. When WM upped the price, Target stayed put, making them cheaper. For me, the increased price of the Heroes/Villians collection is definitely noticeable.

Slicker
05-22-2006, 06:19 AM
Greivous sits around these parts.Yep, yep. Same here in VA Beach. He's sittin' alongside the Battlepack and the evergrowing number of VTSC Han Endor.

Kidhuman
05-22-2006, 07:39 AM
Dont forget about VTSC Greedo.

dashrender
05-22-2006, 08:03 AM
Heck, as of two weeks again, we had all of the VOSC's sitting, includeing the scout trooper.

UKWildcat
05-22-2006, 10:45 AM
The Target here has 5 or 6 DOGs that have been warming the pegs. As far as the VTSC goes, Solo and Greedo don't seem to be moving much at all.

dashrender
05-22-2006, 11:04 AM
The Target here has 5 or 6 DOGs that have been warming the pegs. As far as the VTSC goes, Solo and Greedo don't seem to be moving much at all.

DOG's?? what are those?

UKWildcat
05-22-2006, 11:17 AM
DOG's?? what are those?

Demise of Greivous, the Target exclusive. Sorry bout the confusion. ;)

Lord Malakite
05-22-2006, 01:38 PM
I was at Target the other day and saw only two of these guys so I went ahead and picked up both of them. :whip: Considering how little I go out anymore, especially to Target, this probably would be the only time I would ever have to get him. I only got the original Lava Vader thanks to Chux and I still have yet see the Neyo Clone, Shadow Clone, Lava "Ani" Vader, and Lava Obi in person.:sad:

While I was there I also picked up Colgate Ki Adi Mundi (seriously with all the sparklies in this hologram figure someone else must have also got the impression that he was sculpted out of toothpaste :D).

UKWildcat
05-22-2006, 05:00 PM
I only got the original Lava Vader thanks to Chux and I still have yet see the Neyo Clone, Shadow Clone, Lava "Ani" Vader, and Lava Obi in person.:sad:

Man, those Lava Anakin and Obi figures warmed hardcore here. I couldn't go to Target and NOT see them. The exclusive Clones were difficult to find, the only one I saw was the Shadow and of course I picked it up. I think everyone knows how that Lava Vader went.:rolleyes:

Btw, I went back to Target today and they were down to 2 DOG figures.

Warstar
05-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Against all better judgement, I like this figure...

I mean if you pose him right, he looks like a demon from Hell. Which is awesome...which, to be sure, if Obi-Wan Kenobi ever went/goes to Hell, he'll see Grievous there- flaming eyes and all :love:

Slicker
05-23-2006, 03:52 AM
Man, those Lava Anakin and Obi figures warmed hardcore here. I couldn't go to Target and NOT see them. The exclusive Clones were difficult to find, the only one I saw was the Shadow and of course I picked it up. I think everyone knows how that Lava Vader went.:rolleyes:

Btw, I went back to Target today and they were down to 2 DOG figures.It seems almost as if the Target Exclusives are sitting longer and longer on the pegs. The Lava Vader went with a quickness, the first Clone flew, the second one did alright, the Lava Ben and Ani sat for along time, and this Greivous is gonna warm for a while.

Kidhuman
05-23-2006, 07:33 AM
Heck Slick, even the clone 5 pack made it to clearance too.

Darth Instigator
05-23-2006, 08:00 AM
I saw it and wasn't feeling it mainly due to the price.

dindae
05-23-2006, 08:53 AM
I think the exclusives are moving slower do to the fact that most of us are getting less and less excited about slapping down $13 bucks for some garbage that Hasbro made up. All of Target's figures have been either crappy repaints (lava figures), inaccurate (neo clone? grievous), or just made up (shadow clone). The lava obi and ani were just awful. Since everyone was talking about how bad this figure was before in came out I don't think anyone expected it to fly off the shelves so the urgency to pick it up wasn't there.

Bacta Beast
05-23-2006, 11:20 AM
I didn't surpise me that the Lava Ben & Anakin rotted on shelves, they sucked! And it really doesn't surprise me about the Grevious either. It sucks and it's way overpriced! Escpecially right now when the economy sucks, collectors are strpped for cash and we have to decide between so many high priced exclusives! Most of us are sinking $100 into the VTSC line and then there's the TRU Gunship ($45 for a reused sculpt @#$%!@) on top of the fact that we're paying to much for regular figures, and some many fans are shelling ou textra bucks for Scorch, or UGH figures online. Add that all up and it sure makes the Target Grevious look expendable to me. I know I plan on waiting til they're clearanced out.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-07-2006, 01:50 PM
They are warming pegs at all of the Targets around me but so are all of the VTSC except Luke and Scout trooper. I don't collect figs from the new movies and as much as I disliked the greivous character, this figure doesn't look so bad on the card the way he's situated. I didn't notice the price and probably skipped it over a hundred times in this thread, what's it going for again?

Another thing that is warming the shelves around the Targets here is the senate pod pack. I thought that thing would fly off the shelves due to the clones in it, but I guess not, is it the price for most people?

bobafrett
06-07-2006, 02:16 PM
I haven't been able to find the Target Grevious at the two Target stores close to my house. I did get the Senate Skirmish pack, went back a week later and still plenty of them to go around.

dindae
06-07-2006, 02:23 PM
It's the standard Target exclusive price $13.

I think the problem with the senate pack is people don't want the whole pack. The shocktroopers have and will be released again so paying $25 buck for 2 figures doesn't work out too well. I you want the senate pod it works out a little better but who wants another yoda or emporer (especially these molds). I already got my fill of shocktroopers the first time they were released. I didn't mind getting a couple more but my main reason for getting the set was for the senate pod. I would like to pick up a few more but if I do it will be on extreme clearance or loose off ebay.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-07-2006, 02:29 PM
Thanks guys :)

Frett, if you want me to pick one up for you, just say the word ok. :thumbsup:

dashrender
06-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Yeah, I too can pick up one for you. There are like hundreds still left on the shelves here. I plan to get a few extras when they clearance them out.

UKWildcat
06-07-2006, 05:10 PM
I haven't been able to find the Target Grevious at the two Target stores close to my house. I did get the Senate Skirmish pack, went back a week later and still plenty of them to go around.

I know Deox and dash already offered, but I have an extra Target Grievous in hand that I can hook you up with. PM me if interested.

Darth Cruel
06-07-2006, 07:14 PM
I am surprised that a figure this cheesy rates such a long thread. My biggest gripe about this whole mess is how Target gets these exclusives and then hypocritically makes all of the anti-collector rules. They suck!...But I have devised a plan to get even with them (rubs hands together in sinister fashion).

UKWildcat
06-07-2006, 09:07 PM
But I have devised a plan to get even with them (rubs hands together in sinister fashion).

Please, do share. I'm always looking for new ways of sticking it to tha man! ;) :D

TheDarthVader
06-07-2006, 09:56 PM
I am surprised that a figure this cheesy rates such a long thread. My biggest gripe about this whole mess is how Target gets these exclusives and then hypocritically makes all of the anti-collector rules. They suck!...But I have devised a plan to get even with them (rubs hands together in sinister fashion).

Whether you pm me or you post it, you've gotta fill us in on this plan.

Veers
06-07-2006, 10:39 PM
I think the Target Grevious sucks and it is destined to be clearanced. I would not buy it for $1

El Chuxter
10-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Anyone else notice that another site asked about them updating this figure with the new sculpt? That's one of those questions you read, and sit there with a vacant stare on your face for a full five minutes before you can finally ask, "Why?"

That list also predicted:

BG-J38 (Jabba's Palace Droid)
Bom Vindim (Cantina Alien)
Chief Chirpa
CZ-3 (Mos Eisley Droid)
Hem Dazon (Cantina Denizen)
Moff Jerjerrod
R5-D4
Ewok with Wokling

which we don't have pictures of yet and will be really excited if they come true.

They haven't done Bom yet, but I hope you got your share of Jerjerrod!