PDA

View Full Version : Wave 2 Officially Revealed

SirSteve
12-13-2005, 12:30 PM
Check out the latest news article:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=32053

El Chuxter
12-13-2005, 01:10 PM
I still think most of these suck, but that Maul/Infiltrator looks sweet. I may have to make an exception and actually buy it if it looks as good in person.

jedi master sal
12-13-2005, 06:15 PM
I reported this a few weeks ago...

Anyway, I don't think this line warrants it's own section in the forums. It seems really limited.

So far it doesn't seemed to be too well received by the majority of either SW fans or Transformer fans. Sure some of the characters look okay, and of course there will be the die-hards on both sides of the collecting fence who will buy these. But I really don't think this line is going to last more than a year or two.

I think the only way it will is if they are either produced in limited numbers OR scalpers buy them up. I just don't think there's enough fans between both sides to carry the line.

UKWildcat
12-13-2005, 08:44 PM
I think the only way it will is if they are either produced in limited numbers OR scalpers buy them up. I just don't think there's enough fans between both sides to carry the line.

Yes sir, you are correct sir.

I do agree Chux, the Maul/Infiltrator does look sweet.

Sentinel18725
12-13-2005, 08:47 PM
It's a quaint line but I consider it to be a bastardization of each of the two toy lines which have been so dominant during most of my years of life! It doesn't really hold true for either toy line.

JediTricks
12-13-2005, 08:53 PM
There's a scheduled 12 for '06, and if they sell even marginally well we may see more in the second half of the year.

I already commented briefly on these 3 in the other thread, but I will add that I think it's weird the Maul figure didn't even pretend to get his outfit's colorscheme, they tried to fudge it with Vader so why not this? If it had been left up to me, I would have at least darkened the color of the Infiltrator.

kool-aid killer
12-13-2005, 10:54 PM
I like how they look, given how limited they would appear in robot mode anyways. I cant wait to see these on the pegs. Has there been any word on their price point? Im hoping they come in at around $10 apiece.

Kidhuman
12-14-2005, 02:16 AM
I like the Fett and Maul. I dont know if I will buy them, depends on the price. No more than 10-15 a piece.

JediTricks
12-14-2005, 05:18 PM
I believe the pricepoint is $15 to $20, somewhere in that neighborhood. Just based on Transformers prices, they should be in the $20 based on their size (well, the $15 range but that was abolished a while back, plus these are licensed) but the bubble card instead of box may counter that some.

Warstar
12-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Wave TWO??? WHERE'S WAVE 1? I have yet to see these in stores and color me pessimistic, but announcing Wave 2 before even SELLING Wave 1 is a bit pretentious.

C'MON HASBRO! BRING 'EM OUT! Dang it...:ninja:

JediTricks
12-14-2005, 10:11 PM
Wave TWO??? WHERE'S WAVE 1? I have yet to see these in stores and color me pessimistic, but announcing Wave 2 before even SELLING Wave 1 is a bit pretentious.

C'MON HASBRO! BRING 'EM OUT! Dang it...:ninja:
Hasbro announced several waves of ROTS before those hit, this is no different. And wave 1 has shipped, it's started showing up in New Zealand of all places (Luke is not in that first case).

Warstar
12-15-2005, 08:36 PM
It's true that Hasbro announced the ROTS Figures in adavnce, but figures=definitely will sell well!

A bastardiization of 2 toy lines into one? = May not sell at all!

We'll have to see :p

I'm gettin' em though.

Let's have a Tarkin that turns into a Death Star! Or how about a Jar-Jar Binks that transforms into something FAR less annoying...or...:D

DarkArtist
12-16-2005, 01:41 PM
Does anyone know when wave 1 is due to hit the stores, they look alot on the websites but I would like to see them in person before I make up my mind on these

Kidhuman
12-16-2005, 03:48 PM
Let's have a Tarkin that turns into a Death Star! Or how about a Jar-Jar Binks that transforms into something FAR less annoying...or...:D

Good idea on the Tarkin. Jar Jar would be great if he transformed into a black hole and sucked himself into it forever.

Warstar
12-16-2005, 05:48 PM
Jango Fett must have been a BOON to toy companies- I'm sure we'll see a Slave I in his coloration, too.

I was also thinking a Clone Trooper that could convert into a Republic Gunship- or maybe an AT-TE Gunner that changes into an AT-TE.

If they make a Yoda that changes into a Tree Stump Dagobah Hovel I'm out of here...

In even MORE bad taste, they could make an older Obi-Wan that tranforms into a pile of clothes :D

JediTricks
12-16-2005, 08:17 PM
Well, I can see Warstar doesn't understand Transformers. :p

Anyway, Jango was on Hasbro's list of the 12 planned for '06 from back in Sept when they announced it at Botcon, so don't be surprised WHEN he is shown (he's in the 4th wave I suspect).

Turbowars
12-23-2005, 10:16 PM
Why didn't they just let the ships turn into some cool looking bots. Not lame bots that look like a 1/2 @ss human. I think more people would warm up to them. I don't waste my $ on, oh I mean collect TF, but I sure did play with them when I was a kid. I had them all, not anymore though.:upset:

Battle Droid
12-24-2005, 09:08 AM
If they make a Yoda that changes into a Tree Stump Dagobah Hovel I'm out of here...

He'd probably transform into one of his escape pods.

JediTricks
12-24-2005, 04:09 PM
I suspect LFL wouldn't allow their vehicles to turn into non-SW characters. Personally, I hope Hasbro gets some of these vehicles repainted and gives them new heads later on down the road.

Kidhuman
12-24-2005, 06:12 PM
I might buy them and keep them in vehicle mode if they look good.

TheDarthVader
12-30-2005, 12:09 AM
The only one I bought was the Darth Vader. I am keeping him in the package because ship mode is best.

B.
TDV

dashrender
01-02-2006, 09:36 PM
Well guys, these are out! and I think they look pretty good for what they are. Picked them up at walmart for $14.99

Darth Instigator
01-06-2006, 02:39 AM
I saw only one of the vaders at my walmart, I might be interested int he Maul, but they look cool none-the-less

Turbowars
01-22-2006, 12:21 PM
Awesome, more trash from Hasbro. I know you guys that got suckered into buying these also buy the Chroppers.:thumbsup: I love what Sentinel18725 (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/member.php?u=1598) said about how he considers it to be a bastardization of each of the two toy lines.

Kidhuman
01-22-2006, 01:25 PM
Imagine if I am buying the choppers

dashrender
01-22-2006, 01:29 PM
I have to say that the Choppers are by far the worst SW toy ever made. The only way they would end up in my collection is if someone were to give them to me.

El Chuxter
01-22-2006, 01:47 PM
And even then, I'd take them back to some store for store credit. :)

Kidhuman
01-22-2006, 02:20 PM
And even then, I'd take them back to some store for store credit. :)

No you wouldnt, you would play with it and love it.