PDA

View Full Version : How much do you plan to spend on SW Hasbro toys during 2006?

JediTricks
12-13-2005, 06:00 PM
Given that we now have a better idea of what's coming out and how much items will retail for, how much do you plan on spending on Star Wars Hasbro toys in 2006? Below is a quick breakdown by category, visit this thread (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=30276) for a more complete list of toys and detailed list of specific figures/waves.
Basic Figures - Approx. cost per figure is $6. (Approximately 60 Figures) - $360 total.
VOTC Figures - Approx. cost per figure is $10. (5 different figures) - $50 total.
Exclusives - single action figure approx. cost $13 (5 different figures) - $65 total.
Astromech Droids (Entertainment Earth Exclusive) - Approx. cost per set is $40. (2 different sets) - $80 total.
3" figure Battle Packs - Approx. cost per set is $20. (Possible 4 different packs) - $80 total.
Vehicles - various costs between $20-50 (Up to 4 different vehicles) - average $140 total.
Unleashed Figures - Approx. cost per figure is $20 (3 different figures) - $60 total.
Unleashed Battle Packs - Approx. cost per set is $10. (Up to 14 different sets possible) - $140 total.
AttackTix - various cost between $8-20 (Blind pull - unable to determine how many to purchase) - at least $130 total.
Galactic Heroes - Approx. cost per set is $7. (Up to 16 sets possible) - $112 total.
Force Battlers - Approx. cost per figure is $10. (4 figures, maybe more later in the year) - at least $40 total.
Role Play items - various costs between $6-40
Titanium Series 3 Vehicles - Approx. cost per ship is $5. (Anywhere between 15-25 different sets) - $75 to $125 total.
Titanium Series Ultra Vehicles - Approx. cost per ship is $20. (2 known, possibly 4 more-pending confirmation) - $40 to $120 total.
Titanium Series 3 3/4 Forged Figures - (Vader and Boba Fett, others pending confirmation) Approx. cost per figure is $15. (Up to 8 figures possible) - at least $30 total.
Star Wars Transformers - Approx. cost per figure is $20. (Up to 12 sets possible) - as much as $240 total.
Custom Vehicles Choppers - Approx. cost per figure is $10. (3 different choppers) - $30 total.
Miscellaneous Items (Collectors cases, remote controlled droids) - Approx. cost between $10-20Again, for a more complete breakdown of toys and detailed list of specific figures/waves, visit the following thread: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=30276

If you were to get 1 of everything on that list minus the misc items and Role Play items, it'd cost around $1700, and that doesn't include duplicate figures or army builders! So, with all that data in mind, vote now with a rough estimate on much you expect to spend on Star Wars Hasbro products this upcoming year.

thanks to jedi master sal for creating this poll.

El Chuxter
12-13-2005, 06:12 PM
Crap in a hat! Sorry to have not mentioned this during "beta testing," but I just noticed the Unleashed figures aren't listed, and there are three confirmed for later in 2006.

From the looks of the list so far, a lot of stuff will be easy to pass on. And it's tough to know for sure until you actually see some items in person. However, I'm guessing that I'll spend, based on the info we have, about $732 (factoring in the Han and Shocktrooper Unleashed).

Jeez. I need to cut back. I haven't actually thought about how much I'm blowing on these things.

Darth Cruel
12-13-2005, 06:33 PM
I kind of jumped the gun a little when I voted over $3,000.00. That actually includes ALL of the figure lines I collect.

DarkArtist
12-13-2005, 07:36 PM
It's hard to say, afterall if the stuff turns to crap then nothing but so far since the early photos of the waves seem to be good perhaps around $1000.

JediTricks
12-13-2005, 08:20 PM
Thanks a bunch Chux, you've only had, what, a week and a half to say something? :p I'll add 'em now.... done. Since the final cost tally was in the lower 1600s before, adding these brought it up to a higher number so I changed the final tally as well. Stupid new version of forums shows my edit notices, what a load of rich creamery butter.

Anyway, using the above guide, my math came out to around $750 with a few generous purchase assumptions. At first I was gonna vote for buying all the basic figures, but then I remembered that around half would be recycled figs and that changed things. I'll be buying all the Titanium vehicles, possibly 1 of the figures as well depending on their quality, all the SW Transformers (I'm a Transformers collector as well as SW), and a few odds & ends.

timmae
12-13-2005, 08:29 PM
i'm only getting 1 fig from wave 1, 2 from wave 2, and 4 from wave 3. the exclusives will add up fast. so i said 500-1000. it will probrobly be closer to 1000 or more.oh yea, add the ee droids.

LusiferSam
12-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Zip, zero, zilch. I've pretty much given up on Hasbro. I've spend under $20 in the last two years. Unless they come out with a real cool and killer figure (which I don't see happening) they won't see one red cent from me.

Slicker
12-13-2005, 08:52 PM
I fall into the $1,001-$2,000 range. I collect one of each so I went with JT's figure of $1,700 as my basis. I rarely open so it'll probably be right around there.:bandit:

Ji'dai
12-13-2005, 09:10 PM
I don't plan on spending anything on Hasbro product in the coming year. Star Wars was the only Hasbro product line that I collected, so they will no longer get any business from me.

I am currently focusing exclusively on LEGO product (multiple themes) and the occasional figure(s) from other companies (NECA, Mezco, McFarlane).

bobafrett
12-13-2005, 11:39 PM
I said around $1,001 to $2,000 but that will depend on my income this next year. I do no longer have the option to charge it on my credit cards, so I will have to put out the cash for any toys I want. I am thinking of going more with the Gentle Giant busts as I have been very impressed with the collectibles they have put out to date.

Battle Droid
12-13-2005, 11:40 PM
To much, that's all I know.

Kidhuman
12-14-2005, 01:52 AM
I voted 1-2k for next year. Alot of repacks are on the horizon and that will cut back costs. I dont plan on buying 13 dollar exclusives. I may lean towards the new unleashed real sized this time around and possibly more vehicles. I may also start to fill in gaps from the prior years with the repack epidemic

plasticfetish
12-14-2005, 05:38 AM
Plan to spend? I should probably "plan" to spend nothing, but, from the list...

Basic figures: Including a few multiples of things like AT-AT Drivers or Power Droids, I'd say I'm (semi)seriously looking forward to maybe 40 of those. So, that's $240 if they're $6 each.
VOTC figures: I'm "planning" on none.
Exclusives: I'd really like to get both EE Astromech sets. (There's only two sets right?) They're $40 each, so that's roughly $80. As far as other exclusives go, I'm not planning on buying any others.
Battle Packs: I'm not planning on any of these at this point. If they end up looking good, then who knows.
Vehicles: I'd really like to buy the Endor AT-AT, and I may get sucked into buying a second for the kid. See... in this case, I may just wait to score one if/when it goes on sale/clearance, but I'll say $100 for two. I'd also maybe like the Snowspeeder, so let's say $130 total here.
Unleashed Battle Packs: Not planning on buying any, but this is impulse buy stuff, so again... who knows.
AttackTix: Attack-none.
Galactic Heroes: OK. Up until about two weeks ago, Galactic Heroes meant nothing to me, but then my son says, "Hey, I think I like those... can I get some?" and now we're looking at them. (Someone's X-mas stocking will be full of Galactic Heroes.) I'll say maybe 4 or 5 of these, so... $40
Force Battlers: None
Role Play: NONE!!! We have way too many lightsabers as it is now... but... Glow-in-the-dark? Really?? (Aaaarg!)
Titanium Series Vehicles: I want them all. I'm not planning on buying or finding them all, but I want them all. So, let's just say $200.
Titanium Figures: I'm planning on none... but... if the final product looks really good, then maybe one or two. (I could see maybe picking up the droids.)
Star Wars Transformers: None.
Custom Vehicles - Choppers: I plan on making fun of these!!! At Comic-Con this next year, I'm planning to ask the Hasbro crew how they managed to con the Lucas Licensing people into giving this one the OK.
Miscellaneous: None, but again, who knows.

So... that looks like $690... let's say $700 dollars. Everything depends on what we really see hanging on the pegs or sitting on the shelves though. Depends on final product quality and availability. Depends on whether or not I have any money to spend on this stuff in 2006...

:ermm:

Captain Spoon
12-14-2005, 09:02 AM
The only reason I might spend alot this year is because when POTF2 came out I was still in 6th/7th grade. I used to be an opener when I was a kid and since I have switched to leaving the figures on cards it will give me an opportunity to fill in some gaps. Plus if the AT-AT comes out I will buy 2. and that's probobly $200 bucks right there

El Chuxter
12-14-2005, 09:11 AM
Funny that everyone who's writing a response is talking about large amounts, but the largest category (with about 34% of the votes) is $0-$100.

dindae
12-14-2005, 09:55 AM
I think the people who post are people who buy a lot or just like the forums even though they have let the hobby go for the most part. I've given myself an allowance of $20 a week. I don't know how that will work out but that gives me $1040. This should get me pretty close to everything I want according to the totals listed but I'm expecting that the lists we have seen will only take us to august-october. So I guess that total will be understated.

abell748
12-14-2005, 11:51 AM
I said I would spend in the $251-$500 range. I mostly just collect the regular figure line and with so many repacks and such that cuts deep into the basic figures I would buy. The fact that most of the exclusives are crap will also cut into what I spend. Outside of those, I might pick up a couple of Titanium series ships and the Shock Trooper Unleashed.

skeeziks22
12-14-2005, 01:37 PM
I collect only the 3 3/4" figures... basic, deluxe, battle packs, exclusives and ship pack ins. Other than that the only things I pick up are the rare items that I think are really great. I have stopped myself from buying package variations, and don't get more than one of anything (I'm a carded collector so what's the point of more than one). I have found myself in the past buying repacks because I would convince myself something is different... not anymore. I watch for interesting rePAINTS but that would be about it other than original figures.

$200-$500 should do it for me.

CaptainSolo1138
12-14-2005, 04:14 PM
Funny that everyone who's writing a response is talking about large amounts, but the largest category (with about 34% of the votes) is $0-$100.
That's how I voted. There you happy?!?!?!?:beard:

JediTricks
12-14-2005, 04:26 PM
Plan to spend? I should probably "plan" to spend nothing, but...Plan, expect, guess, that's the gist of it anyway.

plasticfetish
12-14-2005, 05:00 PM
I know... it's just that it hurts :hurt: to think about the real $ amount. ;)

jedi master sal
12-14-2005, 05:03 PM
Thanks JT for getting this poll up. (appreciate the edits too...)

Well, I'm not getting one of every whatever, but I am an army/scene builder.

I'll be collecting the following lines (just not each and every thing in it)
Basic Figures-Getting about half of the figs, but alot of army builders
VOTC Figures-I'll get each one with extras of the rumored Scout Trooper
Exclusives1 of each
Astromech Droids (Entertainment Earth Exclusive)-2 sets each
3" figure Battle Packs-I'll get some depending on character choice
Vehicles-not too many of these
Unleashed Figures-Crap I forgot these too when making the poll, you bet your buppy, I'll be getting these. two of each (1 carded/1 loose)
Unleashed Battle Packs-these are the sets for me since I'm an army builder. Plus my ideas for doing "perspective" dioramas lends itse;f to these figures quite nicely.
Galactic Heroes-at least 1carded/1 loose, with some extras
Force Battlersonly plan on getting the Jango at this time
Titanium Series 3” VehiclesAnother one of the lines that I'll heavily collect
Titanium Series Ultra Vehicles-I'll get some of these, but th pricepoint is what's keeping me from going crazy buying...
Star Wars Transformers-A few, but definitely not all of them
Miscellaneous Items-some things in this area, just not sure yet what.

I did a spreadsheet a couple of weeks ago based on the list and approximate prices (including 7% tax in my area). Now including regular Unleashed, my grand total for 2006 is approx $3,900. That averages to about $11 a day.

Whew, I'm glad I have a good job...

I figured this poll (and the subsequent link) would be a good tool for you to gauge your spending as well as get an idea on how much everyone else spends. Plus if Hasbro takes a gander, they might get an idea of collectors buying trends.

I'll be honest that I'm a little disappointed in the lower dollar amounts. I thought for sure there would be more $2000-3000 or $3000 and above.

-Sal

Ji'dai
12-14-2005, 06:57 PM
Plus if Hasbro takes a gander, they might get an idea of collectors buying trends. Hopefully Hasbro does take a gander at the largest pecentage of respondees who voted for the lowest spending range. Hasbro's decisions concerning the line in recent years have apparently led to some unhappy and dissatisfied collectors out there.

trandoshan666
12-15-2005, 06:07 PM
The real answer, of course, is whatever it takes to get everything I'm after. But since I'm generally just after basic figures and some of the other stuff, I voted for $1,000 to $2,000. That includes some back-collecting I'm doing at the same time.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-15-2005, 08:33 PM
The Holiday Season is the time of the year where other's needs have priority. I will admit, it is the most tempting for me, for when I walk into a store with money burning a hole in my pocket, the first place I usually I head to is the toy aisle. I will say that I have been pretty good lately, not caving in to temptation, getting very few Star Wars items on my list.

Since I have no other family members who have a desire to own any Star Wars related item (except for Battlefront PS2) that I means I will probably only spend somewhere around $100, most of it going to myself :love:

sith_killer_99
12-15-2005, 10:15 PM
Well, I voted for the $500-$1,000 range, though it may go a little higher. My collecting habits are such:

Basic Figures - Approx. cost per figure is $6. I will buy one of each for the carded collection, as always. I am currently all caught up, so no need to hunt down older figs. The big factor here will be in my "loose" collection. I plan on buying around 10 of each OT army builder figures for my collection. So it will really depend on how many OT army builder figures Hasbro cranks out.

VOTC Figures - Approx. cost per figure is $10. This is still kinda up in the air, I will definatly buy one of each for the carded collection. If the sculpts and articulation are really good I will buy one of each to open. During the last VOTC line I ended up buying about 20 Stormtroopers, about half of those were on clearance at Wal-Mart, so the cost wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Exclusives - single action figure approx. cost $13 (5 different figures) - $65 total. Again I will buy one of each for the carded collection. I went a little overboard on the Target Clones and bought 5 openers for the loose collection. I like having a full squad of each clone variation.;)

Astromech Droids (Entertainment Earth Exclusive) - Approx. cost per set is $40. (2 different sets) - $80 total. I want to buy 2 of each set, one for the boxed collection and one set to open. I love astromechs! I may get these for Christmas or I may end up waiting to buy the sets, so I didn't really take these into account.

3" figure Battle Packs - Approx. cost per set is $20. (Possible 4 different packs) - $80 total. Again, I will buy one of each for the boxed collection. As for the loose collection, it will depend on what they have to offer. I only bought 3 Battle Packs for openers out of the ones that have hit (2-JTA K-Mart and 1-CA Target).

Vehicles - various costs between $20-50 (Up to 4 different vehicles) - average $140 total. I open all vehicles and only buy OT stuff, mostly because of cost and space concerns, so this will probably be limited for me.

Unleashed Figures - Approx. cost per figure is $20 (3 different figures) - $60 total. Provided I can find these (I still have yet to find the Stormtrooper) I will buy them, I will not resort to the secondary market to get them.

Unleashed Battle Packs - Approx. cost per set is $10. (Up to 14 different sets possible) - $140 total. PASS

AttackTix - various cost between $8-20 (Blind pull - unable to determine how many to purchase) - at least $130 total. PASS

Galactic Heroes - Approx. cost per set is $7. (Up to 16 sets possible) - $112 total. PASS

Force Battlers - Approx. cost per figure is $10. (4 figures, maybe more later in the year) - at least $40 total. PASS

Role Play items - various costs between $6-40. PASS

Titanium Series 3 Vehicles - Approx. cost per ship is $5. (Anywhere between 15-25 different sets) - $75 to $125 total. PASS

Titanium Series Ultra Vehicles - Approx. cost per ship is $20. (2 known, possibly 4 more-pending confirmation) - $40 to $120 total. PASS

Titanium Series 3 3/4 Forged Figures - (Vader and Boba Fett, others pending confirmation) Approx. cost per figure is $15. (Up to 8 figures possible) - at least $30 total. These could be interesting, I will wait and see before I decide to buy 'em.

Star Wars Transformers - Approx. cost per figure is $20. (Up to 12 sets possible) - as much as $240 total. PASS

Custom Vehicles Choppers - Approx. cost per figure is $10. (3 different choppers) - $30 total. PASS

Miscellaneous Items (Collectors cases, remote controlled droids) - Approx. cost between $10-20. PASS - Though, I may buy the Target cases if the clearance price comes down enough.;)

The other major factor of course will be wheather I am even around to hunt for figures all year.

jedi master sal
12-16-2005, 09:17 AM
The other major factor of course will be wheather I am even around to hunt for figures all year.

Is something wrong with your health SK_99?
Hope not.

sith_killer_99
12-17-2005, 08:59 PM
No, I'm in good shape, but I am on my way to Fort Hood and will probably be heading to Afghanistan in 2006 or 2007.;)

jedi master sal
12-18-2005, 03:10 AM
No, I'm in good shape, but I am on my way to Fort Hood and will probably be heading to Afghanistan in 2006 or 2007.;)

Damn brother, I'll pray for ya. I'm a vet myself. Navy Hosptial Corpsman 1989-1993, Gulf War vet.

You MUST keep in touch! Heck when you do ship out, if you don't have anyone looking out for figs for you, I'll see if we can start somethign here at SSG to help you out while you're gone. If enough people committed to just getting you one fig each, you'd be hooked up!

Keep in touch man, I'm serious about that. And go get some of those bad guys over there!

sith_killer_99
12-18-2005, 04:04 AM
I report to Fort Hood in late March/early April. The unit I am going to provides support to Afghanistan. I'm not sure when they will rotate to the region. I could end up going this coming summer (2006) or next summer (2007), no telling for sure.

I got lucky the last time I went on a major deployment, I was only gone for 2 months and there was a pretty big lull at the time, so I got caught up pretty quick when I got back. A deployment to Afghanistan would be 12 months minimum.

I appreciate the offer, my wife would probably be willing to keep up the collection, but she's kinda clueless when it come to the hobby. LOL

Chances are I will still have internet access from Afghanistan, so any help for folks here would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a vet myself. Navy Hosptial Corpsman 1989-1993, Gulf War vet.

WOW, I graduated in 1993 and came on active duty in August of that year. I'm in Medical Maintenance, we train with the Navy. The Hospital Corpsman are a great group, we had 2-3 in my class. :thumbsup:

Jedibill
12-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Well I voted $2000-$3000 on starwars I kept track of my toy spending this yaer on my PDA so for to date I have spent $4729.44 (holy cow) no wonder my shoes have holes in them any way that includes 1 each of marvel legends and first edition Hot wheels and Spiderman Bad guys its mostly Starwars and I like Army building clones so we will see.

jedi master sal
12-19-2005, 06:30 PM
I hear ya JediBill. I'm tromming my spending by about $1000 next year and it's still going to be around $4K. Can't wait for the line to die down, but really hoping we get alot of figs we want before it happens. Though that hope is fading fast.

dindae
12-12-2006, 02:47 PM
I think the people who post are people who buy a lot or just like the forums even though they have let the hobby go for the most part. I've given myself an allowance of $20 a week. I don't know how that will work out but that gives me $1040. This should get me pretty close to everything I want according to the totals listed but I'm expecting that the lists we have seen will only take us to august-october. So I guess that total will be understated.

Well it's close enough to the end of the year. They sure did throw out a lot of crap at the end of the year with the vehicle etc. I'm sitting at $1505 and will probably be picking up at least the 3 comic packs and maybe three titaniums and wave 9 if I find them. So $465 over budget. How did the rest of you do?

Slicker
12-12-2006, 02:53 PM
I don't have my exact numbers but I'd have to assume that I'm within my limit. I picked the $1,001-$2,000 limit and I would have to doubt that I spent that much (at least I hope I haven't).

JediTricks
12-12-2006, 05:03 PM
I voted $500-1000 and now that I think about it, I'm not sure I spent even that much, '06 had its ups and downs but there were more downs than ups.

Rogue II
12-12-2006, 05:27 PM
I guessed about right this year ($100-$250).

Ji'dai
12-12-2006, 09:19 PM
I don't plan on spending anything on Hasbro product in the coming year. Star Wars was the only Hasbro product line that I collected, so they will no longer get any business from me. Well, I wasn't completely able to resist Hasbro's offerings this year. I did limit my purchases to the basic figure line and 3" Titaniums. I passed on the VTSC, vehicles, Galactic Heroes, Unleashed, DVDs, and other figure sets or collectibles offered at retail or online.

To date, I've spent approximately $94 on Hasbro Star Wars basic figures and $35 on 3" Titanium vehicles during 2006. So I racked up a grand total of $129 on Hasbro Star Wars product for 2006. The figures that I bought this year were typically those of never-before-released characters: Veers, Derlin, Scorch, Hem Dazon, Chirpa, Jerjerrod, Dud Bolt & Mars Guo, and Gragra. I also picked up some resculpts: AT-AT Driver, R5-D4, Sandtrooper, C-3PO with articulated knees, and Endor Trooper. I got a Cody & Utapau Clone during K-Mart's recent "buy one get one free" sale.

I am currently focusing exclusively on LEGO product (multiple themes) and the occasional figure(s) from other companies (NECA, Mezco, McFarlane). Well, this statement has been proven true this year. My single largest toy expenditure for 2006 by far has been on NECA's Pirates of the Caribbean figures. I spent approximately $342 on NECA POTC product. My Zizzle pirate fetish cost me about $129 this year for 8 basic figures, 4 deluxe figures, and the Black Pearl playset. I also spent around $10 on some generic 4" pirate figures I found at local dollar stores.

I spent $132 on Diamond Select Toys' Buffy the Vampire Slayer figures this year. I also dropped $20 on two Attack of the Living Dead figures from MEZCO. I didn't buy any McFarlane figures this year!

My LEGO purchases have been relatively modest this year. I couldn't pass up Wal-Mart's clearance sales during the summer, shortly before their holiday reset. I bought Batman and Star Wars sets this year, mostly multiple copies of Clone Scout Walker, V-Wing, and A-Wing. I spent about $80 on LEGO during 2006; and nearly all clearance buys. I held off getting the expensive Star Wars sets and put them on my christmas list instead.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-18-2006, 09:06 PM
I didn't vote in this one. I just opened up Quicken and I see that I've spent over $2200 (sales tax not included) on Star Wars, but that includes books, comics, video games, DVDs and anything else Star Wars. Going through the transactions quickly I counted over $400 that wasn't Hasbro.

bobafrett
12-18-2006, 10:01 PM
I have a pile of reciepts in my drawer, which I just don't have time to add up my total Star Wars spending.

timmae
12-18-2006, 10:27 PM
i'm gonna guess and say i spent 2 to 2 1/2 times more than i thought. hopefully i can stick to the budget next year. why do they put toystores right across the street from my plastic annonomous meetings. it's kind of like stockin a soda machine with beer in it outside of an aa meeting hall.:mad:

2-1B
12-18-2006, 10:54 PM
I spent $32 on Star Wars toys in 2006:

$6 on a Holo Ki-Adi-Mundi
$6 on a Weequay Jedi
$10 on an Artoo Potatoo
$10 on a Holiday Vader

That's it, that's all the toys I bought for myself. Then I spent about another $20 on Galactic Heroes for my nephew but I'm not counting that here.

bobafrett
12-19-2006, 07:50 PM
I spent $32 on Star Wars toys in 2006:

$6 on a Holo Ki-Adi-Mundi
$6 on a Weequay Jedi
$10 on an Artoo Potatoo
$10 on a Holiday Vader

That's it, that's all the toys I bought for myself. Then I spent about another $20 on Galactic Heroes for my nephew but I'm not counting that here.

Such disipline, I probably spent over a grand easily, then again, I have yet to total my reciepts.

jedi master sal
01-07-2007, 05:08 AM
Hmm, wel let's see, recall that I had a major campaign to build a alarge army of Utapau clones. I was successful and now own 107 of them. At 7.50 (including tax) per clone, with some costing a slight bit more due to reeivning many buy shipping from board members here, well that's about $800 right there alone. Then there's the Jedi Temple Assault Battle packs of which I ended up with 15 of those at about $30 per set. So that's another $450. I bough at least (could be more but it's late and I'm tired) 22 Sandtroopers, 12 Death Star Gunners, 15 501st (different from the ones in the BP) and that's another $365 roughly. Got 6 of the Mace BPs (actually 10 but 4 of those I just got a couple of days ago in 2007 so they can't count towards the total), at $21.50 each (again including tax) that's just under $130. We have had what about 65 figures this year? Consider if there were any other army builders in there, then there's the ships and titanium ships...

Also taking into account I got 3 sets of the VOTC, plus some extra Scouts and that's easily anothe $200.

Unleashed wasn't too bad, but I did grab 2 of each large figure on card and a couple of the "tubular" ones. PLus I got at least 1 of every Mini set, with most actually being two per set. I'd esitmate a good $200 here at least.

There are also the exclusives, which I'm not even about to calculate, lest I hurt my head at this ungodly hour or time (5am).

Galactic Heros were fun to collect this year, and I got at least 2 sets of the carded 2-packs. Plus the Geonosian multipack of 10. Same here another $200 at least.

Hmm, I wonder if we should count Minis? Afteral while they are from Wizards of the Coast, they are a property of Hasbro's.

Let's just say with or with out the mini's I easily reached my estimate of $4k. (with minis then about another $1-1.5K very easily)

Whew, that's a lot of plastic.

Things look to be about the same for 2007. Then...that's the end of my large buying. I'm vowing not to buy as much in 2008. Hoping to chop the amount in half or better. In 2009, I'm hoping to be down to 1K, and then that's it. I promised myself some time ago that I'd stop collecting when I reach 40 and I'll do that in August 2009. I'll give myself to the end of the calendar year, then that's it. I imagine there will be the rare random purchase after that, but NO reissues of old figures will be bought at that time. And, since it looks like that's going to be Hasbro's trend for the future, this decision is going to be very easy to make.

Thanks for reviving this thread. It was cool to look back over the year's purchases as well as see (read) about others experiences.

-Sal

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-04-2007, 12:04 PM
I estimated that I spent close to $500 on Star Wars items including the big ticket item of the AT-AT which set me back about a hundred clams. I also went on E-bay to track a few precious items which forced me to pay more than retail for. This was probably the most frugal year of Star Wars collecting for me since I started this dirty habit in late 1994.