PDA

View Full Version : Scout Trooper Statue w/speeder bike

Saruman
12-13-2005, 09:34 PM
OMFG! This thing is awesome. A little pricey, but very well done! Cannot wait for Fett & Maul!

HAppy Holidays to ALL!!

Jayspawn
12-13-2005, 09:59 PM
I'm glad you got your Scout Trooper Statue Saurman. Its a beauty isnt it.

Hellboy
01-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Still waiting for mine. :(

I pre-ordered this quite a while ago thinking the production numbers would be around 1500 like the Dewback with Sandtrooper and didn't want to miss out. Turns out I could have received it sooner and saved some $$$ if I would have just waited on this piece.

Did you pick this one up Jayspawn?

Jayspawn
01-10-2006, 07:15 PM
I was gonna pass actually. But I just found it online for an awesome price. So I'll probably get it now methinks.

theropod
01-23-2006, 01:46 AM
I was gonna pass actually. But I just found it online for an awesome price. So I'll probably get it now methinks.

Where and at what price? I'm on the fence as well...
-theropod

Hellboy
01-23-2006, 11:49 AM
I received mine last week and love it. The detail is absolutely amazing and it looks great next to my Dewback with Sandtrooper statue. It is a very fragile piece though so hopefully if any of you guys order this from someone on eBay they take the time to pack it accordingly.

One thing to be aware of is the pictures make this piece look bigger than it actually is IMO. Seeing as how it is in scale with the Dewback statue I knew what to expect and wasn't disapponited in the least but I could definitely see people being surprised by it's small size. For those who might be curious on it's base the entire piece measures 12" long and 7.5" high, roughly twice the size of a Hasbro 3 3/4" figure on a Speeder Bike.

I could easily see this becoming my favorite of GG's lines if future pieces turn out as good as the first two have. Getting this piece has just fueled my excitement for the Luke on Tauntaun diorama even more.

Jayspawn
01-23-2006, 12:44 PM
Its pretty fragile looking. I'm moving now so funds are tied. But I'll probably order it anyways in the next week or so.

Hellboy
03-17-2006, 04:17 PM
I wasn't to thrilled with the standard black base that GG included with this piece especially considering the Sandtrooper & Dewback, Luke on Tauntaun and upcoming Rancor diorama all have environment style bases. So I commissioned someone to make me a new base and it arrived the other day so I figured I'd share some pictures with you guys. I think it's a huge improvement. What do you guys think?

Jayspawn
03-17-2006, 04:21 PM
I think it looks great. I've seen pictures of these around online. It would look a little better with some plants like on Endor.

JediTricks
03-17-2006, 04:24 PM
I think it looks great. I've seen pictures of these around online. It would look a little better with some plants like on Endor.
I was just gonna say that, it's cool but some plants and green moss type look would take it from Dagobah to Endor.

Hellboy
03-17-2006, 04:28 PM
Its hard to tell from the pics I shot but there are some green patches of grass on the ground and a rock under one of the foot pedals but no plants. The guy who made this actually had another version with an Ewok spear but I was looking for a more universal style base. One that looks like the forest moon of Endor but could pass for another planet as well.

JediTricks
03-17-2006, 04:35 PM
If it's more green, that works, but I don't see it in the photos so I'll have to take your word for it. It's pretty cool though, I think it wasn't entirely dopey of GG to go with a plain black base if customizing was their intent, but it still would have been better with a theme base.

Saruman
03-18-2006, 06:16 PM
From whom did you purchase this base? How much?

Hellboy
03-20-2006, 08:29 PM
From whom did you purchase this base? How much?

I sent you a PM with the info Saruman. :)

Saruman
03-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Thanks Hellboy, Wish I had the ducketts at this time!

sergiurusu
11-26-2009, 03:33 AM
Not going to open a new thread since this is here. I got my Scout on Speederbike statue too, just to compliment my recent acquired Sandtrooper on Dewback :D

JediTricks
11-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Very nice. I didn't realize the armor was so yellow. The hover effect is fantastic, makes me long for Master Replicas' floating vehicles concept they were about to unveil.

sith_killer_99
11-26-2009, 06:21 PM
I saw this at CIII and it is awesome!

Man, I really got to get one of these!:yes:

sergiurusu
11-27-2009, 03:08 AM
It is one of GG's best statues.

AmanaMatt
12-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Has the armor always looked that yellow or has it been affected by the air/time?

sergiurusu
12-13-2009, 02:23 AM
Has the armor always looked that yellow or has it been affected by the air/time?

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_122105a.htm

AmanaMatt
12-15-2009, 01:38 AM
Thanks for the link. Wow, had no idea how small this was!

sergiurusu
12-16-2009, 04:00 AM
Thanks for the link. Wow, had no idea how small this was!

It is in perfect size with Dewback and Sandtrooper statue. And the review is a bit harsh on it