PDA

View Full Version : 8' Republic Attack Cruiser

Darth Cruel
12-14-2005, 07:29 PM
WOW!!!

My 6-year-old son is going to LOVE this thing!

Slicker
12-14-2005, 08:13 PM
Is there supposed to be a link? If so I'm not seeing it but I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about. And if so I'd love to be your 6 year old getting that damn thing.:D

JediTricks
12-14-2005, 10:13 PM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=32061

I neglected to mention in the article that there is apparently "slight wear" from being shipped to the various conventions. Unless the thing is trashed, I doubt anybody will give a flying R2.

Captain Spoon
12-15-2005, 09:25 AM
HaHaHa!!!!! I bet it comes in the mail dis-assembled. Personaly I would probobly jump out the damn window trying to put this thing together :D

Slicker
12-15-2005, 11:15 AM
Wow I didn't know they were auctioning it off. I bet that thing just skyrockets at the end.

Ji'dai
12-15-2005, 11:38 AM
These large models may be modular but the bricks are usually glued together and it probably has some type of rebar inside the structure for added stability.

Nice display piece but if I was going to drop several grand on LEGO I'd prefer unglued bricks.

DarkArtist
12-15-2005, 01:19 PM
This looks amazing and I'm glad it's going to charity and everything, I only wish i had the money to blow on it. I would love to have one of these.

JediTricks
12-15-2005, 03:55 PM
HaHaHa!!!!! I bet it comes in the mail dis-assembled. Personaly I would probobly jump out the damn window trying to put this thing together :D
No, it ships fully built, only the floor stand needs assembly (they say they include all tools and a manual to build the stand). It's a massive crate which is why the shipping cost that LEGO is footing is estimated at $2,000, they've already shipped it in the crate a few times and know what it takes to get going - they say in the auction that uncrating will require 4 people!!! It's built on a big metal spine which would make disassembly very difficult, but makes display easier since the metal spine carries the weight either from the floor stand OR from being hung (it has 2 optional hanging points at the top).

Ji'dai
12-16-2005, 11:57 AM
Merlin's beard! This thing is up to $24 grand already and there are still 8 days left in the auction. It's astounding that Habitat will likely be able to build a nice home from the proceeds of an 8' LEGO ship.

JediTricks
12-16-2005, 08:08 PM
At 35,000 pieces, not including the custom metal spine or the stand, that works out to $3,500 in Lego pieces, plus 450 hours of design and assembly time, so that's a pretty cool donation Lego is willing to make as well. It's too bad there's so many low-feedback bidders already though, sounds like a lot of scammers, yet still there are real-looking bidders above the $20k range too.

Jedibill
12-17-2005, 01:18 PM
Cool the Top bidder is Ninja Princess at $29K from Precious Princess Palace on bricklink I buy extra lego elments from them all the time hope they get it.

PS I would like to just have the instruction book for that thing.