PDA

View Full Version : So, I get my Wookie Flyer from Ebay, right? Well guess what?

Warstar
12-14-2005, 07:15 PM
It's a TRI-LINGUAL package! No joke! Wasn't even announced that way on the auction and I am quite MIFFED at it...although the guy was in Canada and he was a good seller (he even lowered his shipping price from $10 to $6.50 for me after I pointed out that $10 was a bit high)...

The package is identical to the Wally-World ones, save that it's tri-lingual and instead of having a tech read-out on the back of the card describing the ship, it shows 4 ships and lists their names in 3 languages with the equivalent of "Collect them ALL" on it.

I had no idea the Titaniums- let alone Wave 4 (esp. considering how rare Wave 4 is right now)- were even being released in tri-lingual packages. No one ANYWHERE that I have seen shows Tri-Lingual Titaniums!

Does anyone else know how many of the Star Wars Titanium ships in the previous waves were released with Tri-Lingual packaging? Anyone?

...I suppose I'll open this Wookie Flyer when I get a double of the other mono-lingual one...IF I can ever find them cheap ($40 + $22 shipping from Singapore ain't "cheap"- anyone got any leads there?)

Carry on. :D

Kidhuman
12-14-2005, 11:15 PM
I know VT has a friend over there, but not quite sure where. I never heard of the tri-lingual packs, but guess it makes sense from Canada. I havent even seen wave 4 at retail yet

JediTricks
12-15-2005, 02:57 PM
Yeah, anything sold in Canada has to have French on it as well as English (it's the law in Quebec), and if Hasbro's gonna bother selling it there I guess they figure they'll also put Spanish on it and sell it throughout North America. I'm just glad the US packaging isn't Tri-lingo.

WS, I guess this one can be your "opener" if you decide not to collect the tri-lingo packages.

Warstar
12-15-2005, 07:40 PM
Yeah, anything sold in Canada has to have French on it as well as English (it's the law in Quebec), and if Hasbro's gonna bother selling it there I guess they figure they'll also put Spanish on it and sell it throughout North America. I'm just glad the US packaging isn't Tri-lingo.

WS, I guess this one can be your "opener" if you decide not to collect the tri-lingo packages.

My thoughts exactly...

Though the variation hunter in me is DROOLING...

I noticed that the X-Wing from Wave 1 that I got from England has the "Die-Cast" sticker on it under the "Star Wars" logo on the front where my other Wave 1 ships do not (and they were all American release).

Weird...

Damn variations! :upset:

Anyway, *SIGH* Wish I could find Wave 4.

My Star Wars aisle in my one and only local Wal-Mart got condensed down to 1/2 its old size and POWER RANGERS took up the other 1/2! They have like NO figures at all...makes me sad- esp. when they had tons 'o Sep of the Twins just the other day.

C'est la vie.

vulcantouch
12-15-2005, 11:27 PM
-"fett had not reached the top of the bounty-hunter trade without building up a network of business interests and contacts, some of them- if not most- completely unaware of each other" -from Bounty Hunter Wars Book 1:The Mandalorian Armor :smoker:
while i can't help but enjoy hearing my "legendary" rep outstrip the truth, actually my asian mm contact is in tokyo; the only singapore contact i'll cop to is a prison guard who amuses himself by horsewhipping smug yankee frat boys on spring break over there jailed on some arbitrary infraction or other (how old is That reference, a Decade? :crazed: )
vt

Warstar
02-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Hate to bring this back from the dead but it's relevant today :p

Well, I finally got the Wal-Mart Wave 4 Wookie Flyer from a seller in Hong Kong today- along with the other 3 ships in the Wal-Mart packaging- I am a happy camper! Cost me about $25 a piece but oh well...

ANYWAY-

I am glad I have a Tri-Lingual Wookie Flyer now- I'm not opening it.

Why? Check out the photos below!

The Tri-Lingual ship packaging appears to be "non-descript," i.e. generic- it doesn't match ANY of the other Titaniums packages released so far, but from the looks of the package and the artwork on it, it almost looks like a rejected Imperial Shuttle Tyderium design (the blue thrusters, the side with the 3 gray panels, etc.)

I assume from the backing that the other Tri-Linguals in Wal-Mart Wave 4 all had this packaging, but then I could be wrong.

Anyone else have any Tri-Linguals or seen any?

In the meantime, I am going to make another post with a pic of my Titanium Wall :thumbsup:

Warstar
02-24-2006, 03:30 PM
A couple more pics supporting my reject Imperial Shuttle package theory (of course, it's probably not a rejected design- just something generic :p)

JediTricks
02-24-2006, 04:09 PM
Yuck, I don't like that tri-lingo packaging. I suspect it's totally generic, probably not even based on the Imp Shuttle (at that time, I doubt they had the Imp Shuttle packaging on deck).

Warstar
02-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Eh- the Imperial Shuttle packaging was a stretch and yeah, I agree- the packing IS kinda' "ICK." I didn't even think about the variation until I noticed it today.

The Shuttle theory was just that the 3 gray panels on the one side of the Tri-Lingual pack kinda' look like the 3 gray panels on the middle shuttle fin. Plus, when you add the blue thrusters and the shape of them on the Tri-Lingual package, it all looks somewhat like it was attempting to be an Imperial Shuttle package.

I'm glad I have it but I would not have gone out of my way to get it, so winning that auction was a happy little mistake- esp. since the Wookie Flyer is the only unique mold of a ship to Wal-Mart Wave 4 (Mass Retail Wave 4)- the Naboo Royal, BR Falcon and Green JSF have either been done before or are repaints. :p

JediTricks
02-25-2006, 05:28 PM
Makes sense.

I picked up the Wookiee Flyer last night, it was the only new one I saw though (but it wouldn't have mattered probably, I have the other 3 in this wave - I don't consider Anakin's green JSF to be that different from the yellow, and I have the Galoob Falcon and Royal Starship). The Wookiee Flyer is in the new Titanium Series style of packaging, so that's a 3rd variant for ya.

Personally, I think the color is good but no room for subtlty, wings don't move and aren't really all that interesting - just "clear" shapes - metal feels really cheap on this one, and they only included a dedicated pilot, no gunner in the back. Not much to write home about, not horrible but not great either.

Warstar
02-25-2006, 10:04 PM
That cinches it- I am going to Target tonight...

Yeah- the Flyer didn't look all that cool, IMHO. However, I'll get it- with the third package variant.

I was thinking-

If the Tri-Logo isn't generic it could also be a mock-up of the Imperial Landing Craft from SW: Special Ed...though I don't think that ship has ever been made in Titanium Scale or announced- am I right? :)

On another interesting note, the Green JSF in the WM packing has it's S-Foils in the opened position- unlike the WM Yellow JSF. The bubble inside has been specifically made so that the Green Wings stay opened. Minor package variant but I wonder if there were any Yellow ones with the same variation?

JediTricks
02-26-2006, 07:28 PM
You are correct about the Imperial Landing Craft from the SEs never being done in this scale to date.