PDA

View Full Version : For those who still insist kids don't buy these

El Chuxter
12-17-2005, 09:32 AM
Last night, during the time it took to go through the action figure aisle at Target, I saw three sets of parents and four kids looking through the SW figures. All left in disgust, and I actually heard this convo while going through Marvel Legends:

"Why don't they make the characters?"

"I don't know. All they have is that Nah-mee-din Warrior."

So kids do want them. They just don't want the entire Neimoidian Armada any more than we do. And as a result, they're probably finding Power Rangers under the tree instead.

Bacta Beast
12-17-2005, 02:22 PM
Or Beyblades!

Slicker
12-17-2005, 02:27 PM
I saw the same thing the other day at my Target Chux. I went down the Star Wars aisle and it was full of people (well not full, more like 6-7) and they were all looking at Star Wars product. When I finally got my turn in the sun to rummage through the pegs I found 13 Nemo Warriors. I'm not sure if anyone bought anything but why the heck would a kid want a million overprices Star Cases when he has no action figures to put 'em in?

Hexagram520
12-17-2005, 02:44 PM
haha i went to toys r us a couple of weeks ago to check out those 2 packs and there was a woman shopping and i was being nice and said "would you like me to help you find one? i've looked through them all and know what they have" and she said "hm..nah just need darth vader..and then another scary one" and she grabbed a holographic emperor hahaha, so unless it scanned at 10 dollars and she passed on it, that's gonna be pretty cool that a kid somewhere is gonna be playing with one of the exclusives.

DarkArtist
12-18-2005, 08:28 PM
Yeah it's a sad site when you walk down the star wars isle and find nothing. Went to Walmart today to get the ROTS Vader for my uncle's son. Last week these guys were falling off the pegs, vader and the Emperor. Should have picked it up then and not waited because now the isle is completely empty of any figures. :cry: :cry: :cry:
All they have is Grievous Blaster, electronic lightsabers and the basic lightsabers, along with tons of vader voice changers. I asked a associate if they were getting anymore in, or did they move the stock to another part of the store and she said that Star Wars is dead, and no product has been ordered at all.
Make me wonder if they are going to buy the Saga waves ? :sad:

jaxx
12-19-2005, 03:37 AM
When ever I go to Target, all I see are a ton of ROTS cases and a ton of red saber Palpy's. For the last three months, all that this one particular target has is what I listed above. The next closest Target by me only has Nemo warriors.
What's going on??? The ONLY way that I've been able to get the final 12 is through a great hookup that happens to be a fellow collector.
At this point, I'm only trying to find some of the variations that the final 12 had, but it looks hopeless.:mad:

Hexagram520
12-19-2005, 04:09 AM
When ever I go to Target, all I see are a ton of ROTS cases and a ton of red saber Palpy's. For the last three months, all that this one particular target has is what I listed above. The next closest Target by me only has Nemo warriors.
What's going on??? The ONLY way that I've been able to get the final 12 is through a great hookup that happens to be a fellow collector.
At this point, I'm only trying to find some of the variations that the final 12 had, but it looks hopeless.:mad:

i've always thought where i live is crappy about finding stuff, but i realized that for the exception of the shocktrooper, i found every rots figure at retail, so i'm really pretty lucky. not trying to rub it in, but hopefully you'll have good luck with the saga 2 stuff.

CaptainSolo1138
12-19-2005, 07:57 AM
I've noticed that either alot of kids are getting SW for Christmas or the collectors are hard at work, because the pegs around here were full after Thanksgiving (with good stuff for a change) and now Meijer, Target, and WalMart are almost completley empty (except for the requisite Nemoidian Warriors). I think it's a good sign, since it's not just geeks like us with expendable income buying the stuff.

Off topic, something else I've noticed an increase in this Christmas season is ripped open Attactix packages. I'm surprised it took them this long:rolleyes:

bobafrett
12-20-2005, 12:51 AM
The thing that irks me, is my Wal-Mart has a full pallet of Attactix & the Unleashed minis sitting outside in the cold with just a small thin roof to protect it from rain. With as well as the figures and other SW merchandise has been moving, I wonder why it is that they don't have that pallet out and featured instead of some of the junk they have out.

Rocketboy
12-20-2005, 11:25 PM
I've noticed that either alot of kids are getting SW for Christmas or the collectors are hard at work, because the pegs around here were full after Thanksgiving (with good stuff for a change) and now Meijer, Target, and WalMart are almost completley empty (except for the requisite Nemoidian Warriors). I think it's a good sign, since it's not just geeks like us with expendable income buying the stuff.I've noticed this also. And much of what these store actually do have is on clearance. I thought maybe they were clearing ROTS out for the new Saga figures, but it doesn't make any sense to do it right before Christmas when parents would be out trying to buy the toys only to find empty pegs.