PDA

View Full Version : Are you Giving and/or Receiving Star Wars gifts this Christmas?

JediTricks
12-19-2005, 02:06 PM
When you hang your stocking by the chimney with care, do you hope that Santa will put Yoda in there? Do visions of Stormtroopers dance through your head? Does your Christmas list sport remote-controlled R2's that talk and will go for a walk or a pair of Han Solo boots and a Clone pistol that shoots?

With Christmas nearly upon us and the biggest shopping season of the year drawing to a close - not to mention the final holiday season that will take place in a movie year - are you expecting to receive that certain Star Wars present you've been hinting about? And more importantly, will you be giving the gift of Star Wars to family and friends this year?

Yes, this poll asks if you are giving and/or expecting to receive Star Wars gifts this Christmas, including
Star Wars Toys (Hasbro figures, vehicles, role-play; LEGO building sets),
High-End Collectibles (Master Replicas, Sideshow statues, Gentle Giant, Code 3 vehicles),
Comics/Books/Cards/Posters,
DVDs/Video Games. Also, I've thrown in at the end an option about any of this year's new Star Wars Christmas ornaments, what the heck.

This is a "CHOOSE ALL" poll so tick off as many Give and Receive options as are appropriate.

thanks to Ji'dai for the poll... and corny SW Christmas poetry.

jedi master sal
12-19-2005, 05:38 PM
Well, I've already given toys to "Toys for Tots" as well as a "Childrens Hospital" toy drive. I expect I'll get something SW for Christmas. Most likely figs and I know I'm getting posters and books, but I forgot to check that option...D'oh

JT can you put that this is a MULTIPLE CHOICE poll in the poll itself?

Well, anyway, not expecting much though. Really looking more towards TSC next year!

-Sal

Rogue II
12-19-2005, 05:44 PM
I'm giving my wife the 12" Leia w/ speeder bike since she collects 12" Leias and Padmes. It was on clearance at Target's website. My daughter is getting the Playschool Luke and Gammorean Guard (a.k.a. the "green piggy monster").

I'm not postive, but there may be a Spudtrooper under the tree for me. My wife got me Darth Tater for my birthday because she thought it was hilarious...and I know she ordered something online for me. There is an outside chance she bought me the Clone Wars DVD or some Star Wars Miniatures, but I don't know, she hid the presents pretty well this year.;)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-19-2005, 05:53 PM
I'll be receiving a few Star Wars gifts this year, mostly easy to find items that family members won't have to lose sleep over finding, the big thing being Battlefront II. However, I left a lot of holes in my list, hoping that family members will be quite creative in filling them. :pleased:

Darth Jax
12-19-2005, 08:33 PM
i know i'll be receiving ROTS and Clone Wars dvd's. my brother wanted pix of my current displayed collection, so he's looking to see if i already have something he got me (but i don't know what it might be). my family/friends generally keep clear of getting me star wars because i typically don't have difficulty finding new product and get it soon after it's released. i find i typically don't watch the movies as much as i once did, so waiting til christmas to open the ROTS dvd isn't that hard.

LusiferSam
12-19-2005, 09:02 PM
I'll likely be receiving SW toys. The few '05 Lego sets I don't already have.

Ji'dai
12-19-2005, 09:18 PM
Giving Star Wars Toys
I'm giving a few ROTS sets to some fellow LEGO Maniacs in the family.

Receiving Star Wars Toys
I asked for a bunch of Star Wars LEGO sets this year; many of them gifts to myself! (I admit, I've been sooo good this year).

I also picked out the Clone Wars DVD figure packs since they were still there when I got Vol. 2 on DVD.

Receiving SW High-End Collectibles
I voted for this one since Master Replicas sent me a free gold mini lightsaber in early December for winning a trivia contest right here on SSG!

Receiving SW DVDs/Video Games
Yep, Clone Wars Vol. 2

I'm using new Star Wars ornaments on my tree
The only new ornament this year is an mPire M&M's Darth Vader. May get the Hallmark ones after Christmas.

Bobby Fett
12-19-2005, 10:13 PM
I'm giving a couple of totes full of duplicates and items that don't fit the theme of my collection to the grandkids.

Ain't I a nice guy? :yes:

trandoshan666
12-19-2005, 11:21 PM
I've already received both volumes of the Clone Wars, the Ultimate Visual Guide and The Art of Revenge of the Sith very cool. I have a sneaking suspicion that an entire legion of figures awaits as well. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
12-19-2005, 11:49 PM
I've given several basic action figures to a child that I picked from the Salvation Army Christmas Tree (along with some clothes and shoes). I hope he gets them.

bobafrett
12-19-2005, 11:55 PM
I put "Neither giving nor expecting Star Wars gifts" but a fellow worker of mine at Wal-Mart asked me if I collected the MR lightsabers. I told him I would like to, but they are just out of my price range. I think he may have been trying to find out if I was a) intersted in such a gift b) if I possibly already owned a MR lightsaber. Now I just have to wait and see. I did invite him over for Christmas, seeing as I won't be able to get out of town that weekend.

Battle Droid
12-20-2005, 12:13 AM
I've already received my Star Wars gifts, and aren't giving any.

Kidhuman
12-20-2005, 12:47 AM
JT, I forgot to put giving toys as a gift to my son as well.

I am getting basic figs and some unleashed. I also grabbed som of the M&M ornaments and a 5 pack of vehicles from Target for the tree.

JediTricks
12-20-2005, 01:22 AM
JT can you put that this is a MULTIPLE CHOICE poll in the poll itself?There wasn't room, so I shoehorned in "MULTI CHOICE".

I've adjusted the votes, but I'm not going to keep doing this, it puts new voters' votes at risk.

darthvyn
12-20-2005, 08:28 AM
giving my brother star wars lego for gamecube and clone wars vol. 1 and 2 (i think... can't remember if we got vol. 2 for him...)

hopefully i'll be receiving some of the same!

DarkArtist
12-20-2005, 10:35 AM
It's hard to say really, my wife says she picked up alot of stuff that had Star Wars on it or in it. Every Year I buy myself one or two things, so with that I got Ask Aak, and a CIII Vader. I guess I will have to wait another 5 days to see what's under the tree.

scruffziller
12-20-2005, 02:32 PM
(a.k.a. the "green piggy monster").

That's so cute.:)

Rogue II
12-20-2005, 03:05 PM
Yeah, when we were making out her Christmas list, "Skywalker with the 'green piggy monster'" is there right after Dora and the little pet shop toys.

She has names for a bunch of the movie characters and toys...

Blue Elephant monster (Max Rebo)
Little piggy monster (Ugnaught)
Messy Monster (the Saga version of the Wampa)
Crazy Kangaroo thing (Taun Taun)
Mean Monster (Rancor)
and her favorite--Big Walking Robot (AT-AT) She watches ESB just to see them, then begs me to pull out the AT-AT toy so she can play with it. The missles and sounds keep her busy for a while.

By the way, while watching ANH, she told me that all the "monsters" are drinking juice.

JediTricks
12-20-2005, 03:11 PM
A few years ago, my niece was 3 and I gave her the OT rerelease videotapes, that worked out as a good christmas gift, she liked it a lot. She was calling the Gamorreans "bad pig" and liked them the most, so I gave her one of my loose Gamorrean Guard figures (I kept the axe because she wasn't old enough to have the accessory at the time) and when we took her to some museum giftshop a few days later she kinda fixated on this piggy hoody because of the Gamorreans, so my sister bought it for her. :D

kool-aid killer
12-20-2005, 10:03 PM
Im giving my younger brother a Republic Gunship and the Target exclusive Shadow Trooper. Im giving my nephew a Gree figure, his mother isnt too fond of action figures so i cant give him more. Im hoping to get Clone Wars trade paperbacks, novels, and supporting material, like cross section books, from my family.

Lord Malakite
12-21-2005, 10:18 AM
Can I count both giving and receiving since I'm giving to myself (in the disguise of a certain someone :lipsrseal) the Burger King Star Wars stuff I bought using the Christmas money spent on me by my parents (yep, I always get stuck with the task of buying my own gifts or I get nothing under the tree at all :D)?

JediTricks
12-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Can I count both giving and receiving since I'm giving to myself (in the disguise of a certain someone :lipsrseal) the Burger King Star Wars stuff I bought using the Christmas money spent on me by my parents (yep, I always get stuck with the task of buying my own gifts or I get nothing under the tree at all :D)?
Sure, if you want to be the Tatooine version of the Grinch. :p

InsaneJediGirl
12-22-2005, 09:16 AM
I'll probably get some Star Wars stuff.Always do :D If not...well the world is truly coming to and end lol . Already got Star Wars ornaments on the tree too.

DarkArtist
12-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Well I giving ROTS DVD's to my dad and wife's uncle. on another note, yesterday in Target I perhaps helped another child to have a merry star wars christmas.

A mother was complaining that her son wanted star wars for christmas and that she couldn't find anything on his list in the store. I looked over and asked if she needed help, she said yes and was looking for clone trooper #41 and the red shock trooper. after searching the pegs was able to find one #41, no red shock, but tucked behind a load of collector's cases was the Coruscant Attack set. I handed it to her and said if he's looking for clones here a set of clones.

She was so happy she asked if she could buy me lunch. I said no that's ok and that I had to get back to work. She gave me a kiss on the cheek and walked away happy. Left me with a good feeling in my heart that some kid is going to wake Christmas morning and be invaded by a clone battalion

Kidhuman
12-22-2005, 01:11 PM
Did ya get her number? j/k.

Thats awesome. I love helping people out when it comes ot finding toys.

Slicker
12-22-2005, 09:33 PM
I'm quite sure that I'm receiving and I know that I'm giving. I already got some figures for my birthday and since it's so close to Christmas they could count as a combination gift.

sith_killer_99
12-23-2005, 10:05 PM
I am giving a copy of SW EPIII to a friend for Christmas.

I'm not sure what I will be receiving, but I know my wife bought me something Star Wars related.:thumbsup:

bobafrett
12-24-2005, 10:36 PM
I put "Neither giving nor expecting Star Wars gifts" but a fellow worker of mine at Wal-Mart asked me if I collected the MR lightsabers. I told him I would like to, but they are just out of my price range. I think he may have been trying to find out if I was a) intersted in such a gift b) if I possibly already owned a MR lightsaber. Now I just have to wait and see. I did invite him over for Christmas, seeing as I won't be able to get out of town that weekend.

Nope, got a Cubs baseball with the replica signatures on it. That's cool though. I did buy myself the Titanium ARC-170 today with money that my boss gave me as a Christmas bonus, so does that count as getting a SW Christmas gift?

sith_killer_99
12-25-2005, 09:38 AM
Well, I got two new Gentle Giants Mini Bust today! ROTS Darth Vader and ESB Yoda!:thumbsup:

Kidhuman
12-25-2005, 10:07 AM
I got my son a BK watch for a stocking stuffer, bought him Battlefront 1 for PS2 and also a lightsaber. My parents bought him a battle pack, Jedi vs Sith I think.

My wife bought me a vintage Boushh for christmas.

Turbowars
12-25-2005, 10:23 AM
I gave Lego SW to my Cousin and I got the Saga Carkoon wave from my wife and the SW Peez set from my mom. Cool stuff.:thumbsup:

DarkArtist
12-26-2005, 05:01 PM
I gave ROTS DVD's to my dad and uncle john, a spud trooper to my wife. my wife got me Battlefront II for playstation along with a playstation 2, almost a complete set of the Mpire figures. I also got two of the Mpire ornaments. I also got one of the role-playing games booster sets with the Reek, and Star Wars fruit chews for a stocking stuffer.

Reefer Shark
12-26-2005, 06:13 PM
I didn't get any SW for X-Mas, which is fine since no one would know what to get me anyways. I did buy myself plenty of SW goods of course, and I got some really awesome non-SW stuff from my beautiful wife.

The only SW I bought for other people was a Darth Tater to throw in the bag for Toys for Tots. Hopefully some kid is playing with it right now! :)

figrin bran
12-26-2005, 07:30 PM
i donated an ROTS obi wan pilot and vader a few weeks back. the only SW item i received was the ROTS game on xbox. like many of you, i don't really mind not getting very many SW items because people probably wouldn't know what to get me (what's this? neimodian warrior????) and besides, i've gotten lots of stuff for myself lately...wedge antilles, barriss/luminara maquette.

OC47150
12-27-2005, 03:32 PM
I gave my four-year-old nephew the ultimate light saber kit, and he loved it! He didn't want to put it down.

I gave figures and a Vader novelty candy thing to a couple of people.

I myself received two of the Evolution sets and James Luceno's new Vader novel.

I also have a SW Christmas tree. All the Hallmark ornaments, some of the Radko ornaments, pewter, etc... About 1,200 blue lights and blue tinsel.

Val Da Car
12-29-2005, 11:19 PM
I gave a both a gunship and ARC 170 to two of my older nephews and sabers to my younger ones.

My wife got me a mini saber and a Trio case....:love:

DarthQuack
12-30-2005, 01:04 AM
I received the Luke ROTJ F/X Saber and wasn't expecting it at all. My sister went overboard last year by getting me the Darth Vader one, so this one was just as a surprise this year.