PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro/Retailers offer lump of coal for holidays...

jedibear
12-19-2005, 09:50 PM
I don't know how it is around most areas of the country, but way up north here, the holiday shopping for SW wiped everything out weeks ago...
My local WM has nothing but lightsabers and a few Darth Taters, my TRU has 4 pegs full of Assaj Ventress Unleashed, a huge stack of Vader masks and lightsabers, my KB has nothing.
The only place that had ANYTHING today was KMART...someone put out one case of the last holo-jedi wave (and that was a shock to see after months of NOTHING at that store).

Now I understand that the retailers didn't want to get stuck with pegs and shelves of product, but with a top-selling DVD out, the line being the top-seller for the year and a movie that was generally well-received....why on earth are the retailers letting so many parents go home empty-handed this year?

Here we are, at the last moments of the final movie year, during the peak holiday shopping season and instead of a few SW figures under the tree, most kids will end up with a lightsaber or that Vader mask. It's too bad the last movie-related line has to end on such a down note...

thoughts anyone?

Bobby Fett
12-19-2005, 11:23 PM
The same here in NE Missouri. Seven figures on the pegs, Vader masks galore. Almost the entire SW section has been taken over by Transformers.

The only new stuff in weeks is a ton of the Unleashed Battle Packs. This practically guarantees that the BP's will be good sellers! :upset:

Jayspawn
12-19-2005, 11:39 PM
Same here in Colorado. Stores have nothing of interest on the shelves.

Ric Olie
12-20-2005, 12:34 AM
The stores are very bare in my area as well.

Kidhuman
12-20-2005, 01:51 AM
I usually check WM at night upon pack out because I get off work late|(12:30 am) and cant make it at early hours. They havent had anything since the seperation sets. Target has been bare as well. WM has an over supply of Taters, PEZ sets and lightsabers. No figures except 2 Mas Ameedas, 4 Palps and 1 Bail.

drsidious
12-20-2005, 02:13 AM
buffalos full of nothing

jaxx
12-20-2005, 02:35 AM
Up here aroung Chicago, we have nothing!

DarthBrandon
12-20-2005, 02:54 AM
I usually check WM at night upon pack out because I get off work late|(12:30 am) and cant make it at early hours. They havent had anything since the seperation sets. Target has been bare as well. WM has an over supply of Taters, PEZ sets and lightsabers. No figures except 2 Mas Ameedas, 4 Palps and 1 Bail.

Sounds like the selection here except we got the first wave of the new Saga figures early. (Most likely to make up for no last 12)

X13VADER
12-20-2005, 10:40 AM
Everything Else Is Very Well Stocked Except For Star Wars Figures. I Do Not Understand Why At All. Its Christmas Where Are The Toys!

UKWildcat
12-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Same here in my area too. WM didn't have one action figure when I went yesterday, but they did have a dozen or so of the Darth Vader 500th figures. Yippie!!! The Target here did have some basic figures, but they were all junk.

DarkArtist
12-20-2005, 11:47 AM
It could be that the stores have exhausted their supply of product and ae waiting to put out the Saga Line till '06. I was lucky to grab a Saga Han Carb from a case and was going for a few others when the stock guy came out and sad that they were not to be out until 1/06.
It is sad to walk down the isle and see nothing but empty pegs and collector cases. Hell I'd be happy to see even Neimodians Warriors clogging the pegs, at least some figure. As far as th Vader helmets, unfortunatly most people got them when they first hit the sales floor, and now they sit and collect dust. I still waiting for Target to reduce the Saga TIE, since all the Targets in my area seem to have a fleet of them. Of course with my luck, the day they put them on sale is when they will disappear.

tagmac
12-20-2005, 07:34 PM
The TRU by me got in a bunch of new 2-packs, containing such htf figures as the Tarkin wave and the Tank Gunner - course, you'd have to buy 4 different packs to get all four. Regardless, these sold out within a couple weeks, and all that was left was a few Luminara's hanging on a peg to go with all the lightsabers, vader masks, Asajj unleashed, and M-pire figurines. Target was even more pathetic - a handful of deluxe figures and tons of star cases! The only thing new they got in was some clone and princess leia plush M-pire figures, but aside from a Greivous and a Maul I found last month at a Wal-mart, have not seen any evidence of the plush Fett wave. Way to give the kiddies what they want for Christmas. :upset:

wedge1968
12-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Everywhere I go is bare. I am still struggling to get the last five, and I don't think it is happening.

Target, to my surprise, had about 75 new figures this morning. Seriously, there were 75 more than were there yesterday. The problem? They are all the pegwarmers that we've seen since April.

Can anyone help me with the last 5 and a good Ask Aak? Is it time to resort to an on-line dealer or ebay?

TheDarthVader
12-20-2005, 10:12 PM
I hear ya wedge. I am still looking for Ask Aak and TARKIN. I doubt that I will ever find them. I know one of the workers at TRU and he said he'd help me find the tarkin/ask aak 2 pack. Well they came in because the store had the AT-TE gunner 2 packs that I havent seen in forever. So I ask my friend where my set is and he tells me that the night crew put them in the wrong spot and he didnt know about it! Whatever. I'm screwed.

B.
TDV

DarthAngel
12-20-2005, 11:04 PM
Well with the exception of the 3 figures I found the other night at my local WM, I haven't really been able to find any new figures since the ROTS destroyer droid was released, and that was during the summer. Most of my local WM's, Targets, TRU's, pretty much have had the same few figures (all of which I have), Vader, Bail, Mon Mothma, a few 3po's, clone troopers, and a few SA clone troopers (and for those of us who are army builders finding a few extra SA clone troopers is always a find).

Surprisingly, with the exception of the Tarkin wave (which seems to be hard to find just about everywhere) I have managed to find a crispy Anakin, Pilot Obi, Captain Antillies, Mustafar Sentry (?), black clone pilot, Zett Jukasta (sp?), and Gree at my one and only local KB Toys.

This is a very depressing sign for the future of the Star Wars line. If at the end of a movie year retailers have very little in the way of merchandise, what can be expected in the years to come considering we won't be getting any more movies?

mikey1974
12-21-2005, 06:41 AM
same here in northeastern pennsylvania......target only has 2 #41 clones and the cup sets......wal-mart,WOW! they had 2 gree's (already got him) and 1 each of silver neimodian and dark chocolate wookie to go with all the vaders,AT-St drivers,mas ameeda's,and pilot obi-wans on the pegs.....toys r us is WORSE,with no actual figures on the pegs,replaced with the newer lightsabers......

Val Da Car
12-21-2005, 08:10 AM
I hit the local WM and found the silver Neo Cmdr, 3 Gree, 2 #41 clones, some classic, Obi Wan and a Destroyer Droid.

And a TON of card that had been in a bin for weeks (old Neomoidian and Organa) but nothing really new...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-21-2005, 01:14 PM
I actually had to go to Albertson's to find figures for my cousins. No joke. Everywhere else had nothing but Neimoidians and Bails. It's just damn sad.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-21-2005, 08:29 PM
<-------Man, we aint found _______!!!

CaptainSolo1138
12-22-2005, 07:58 AM
<-------Man, we aint found _______!!!
LMAO, R_G!

The pegs are bare here, but I'm not disappointed at all. It just means more new stuff after Christmas!:thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-22-2005, 01:23 PM
LMAO, R_G!

The pegs are bare here, but I'm not disappointed at all. It just means more new stuff after Christmas!:thumbsup:
For the past few years, I've found great new stuff either right before Christmas or right before my birthday. Nothing too great for the b-day this year, so I'm hoping that some last-minute Christmas shopping will turn out to be fruitful for myself. :thumbsup:

JawaJoe
12-22-2005, 11:35 PM
In the past week or so nearly all the figures have disappeared around here also. Its weird. Even the overpriced pegwarmers k mart has had for 3 months are gone. I thought about now these stores would have neimodian's galore but even they are gone. I went to 3 diff. stores tonite to finish up some xmas shopping. Only walgreens had any. And they only had 4, 2 of which were black pilot repaints. This is the first time I've ever seen this. Normally after xmas the stores have sooo many leftover figures they dont get in anything new til march.

WesleySr
12-23-2005, 02:04 AM
All is bare here too. I was at WM the other night and they had two cases of older figures they were stocking. It had Commander Gree in it, but nothing else. Odd. The only thing left on the shelves around here in great supply is Mon Mothma. I guess from where she did not appear in the movie.

Jayspawn
12-23-2005, 10:22 AM
I bet she would have sold better if her scenes were not cut.

My stores still have nothing. The SW sectio at my local Target is down to 5 pegs.

UKWildcat
12-23-2005, 06:46 PM
I dropped by Target today and they didn't have anything. To my surprise, all of the basic figures were gone, including the Neimos and other peg warmers. Deluxe figures were gone as well. I was also shocked to see that all of the Obi/Anakin lava reflects were gone too, with exception to one Obi. Most of the sabers and sets were gone too. Like I said, they didn't have much of anything. I didn't even want to bother with going to WM since I didn't need to and the last time I was there they didn't have jack anyways.

It just means more new stuff after Christmas!:thumbsup:

That's what I'm hoping for!

WesleySr
12-24-2005, 12:52 AM
Well, I dropped by WM again doing some last minute shopping and I checked the SW aisle. All of the old figures they stocked were gone, with the exception of about 10 Emperors (#12). I saw a couple of deluxes, including the Stass Allie speeder.

Fluke Skywalker
12-24-2005, 05:11 AM
Yep, it's the same around here too. "The case of the mysteriously disappearing peg warmers". Maybe kids were begging for SW stuff, and parents bought the only figures the stores had left. Super Wal-Mart literally had 3 figures left the other day. Even Target, who had the same figures for months, were basically cleaned out.

I thought maybe that would clear the way for Saga 2 before Christmas, but no such luck. :upset:

Ji'dai
12-24-2005, 12:20 PM
I stopped by WM this morning and discovered several pallets of new toys sitting out on the garden center patio, so I expect to see freshly stocked toy aisles early next year. Several boxes of Darth Vader fiber-optic kids costumes, plus Titaniums, '06 Star Wars LEGO, and something called "SW Choppers Asst." I didn't dig through the pallets so there might've been TSC figures in there as well. All that and a crapload of Valentines stuff too :rolleyes:

So cheer up, more stuff is coming.

Kidhuman
12-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Those choppers should be put through a tree chopper.

WesleySr
12-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Those choppers should be put through a tree chopper.

I second that motion. I saw them in WM the other day. What a load of crap.

mikey1974
12-27-2005, 08:27 PM
well,wallyworld had a bunch of the usual pegwarmers on the 24th,and even had 2 gree's and 3 bly's.......went back yesterday,the 26th,and literally EVERY peg was empty.....not one figure remained.......i figure they're getting ready for the saga wave,but what the hell happened to all of those pegwarmers in 2 days?

Turbowars
12-28-2005, 12:08 AM
last minute shoppers maybe?:thumbsup:

Kidhuman
12-28-2005, 02:19 AM
Clearance sale possibly?

WesleySr
12-28-2005, 03:11 AM
I got Aayla Secura (holo) today on clearance for $4.00 at WM.

Mandalorian Candidat
12-28-2005, 06:14 PM
They're all clearanced. I've seen four different WMs in my area with $4 basic figures and $7 deluxes. They're mainly Stass Allies and Neimoidians but there are a few clone 3-packs and last 12 figures thrown in for good measure.

Straylight
01-02-2006, 09:52 AM
Does this mean the ROTS line is over? I am still missing about 34 figures. :(

Kidhuman
01-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Yes ROTS is over.

mikey1974
01-03-2006, 05:11 PM
unfortunately,yes,ROTS is over,as wal-mart now is carrying the saga wave....****ing me off,as i still need the wookies and tactical ops from the last 12....never did get to see them.....