PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Mos Eisley and Senate Skirmish!!! PIC's!!!!

Turbowars
12-19-2005, 09:48 PM
2006 Hasbro Preview: Mos Eisley and Senate Skirmish

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/news20051219.html

Turbowars
12-19-2005, 10:00 PM
Here you go!

Dudes, this wave ROCKS!!!! I love!

Those are Shocktroopers Baby and we can use the pod to throw them it!! Us OT lovers out there got to love it. Other that Vader they all are new or have some tweaking. R5 looks like it's based on the VOTC R2, Han looks like he has a new head.

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/img/20051219_momaw_sm.jpg

BlueSnags
12-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Nice find, dude. Hadn't seen these yet. They look great, best Saga wave yet IMO!:thumbsup:

Turbowars
12-19-2005, 10:24 PM
Hell yeah and if the battle pack isn't a mock up look forward to #41 SA Shock troopers! Look at the shoulders, belt and the antennas. Hasbro you just might make me take my sig off.

Ric Olie
12-19-2005, 10:40 PM
I'm thrilled we're finally getting a senate pod.

DarkArtist
12-19-2005, 10:41 PM
I not crazy about another Vader and the repack Comm-Tech Han, but the other more than make up for it. The senate set looks cool as well.

Hexagram520
12-19-2005, 10:57 PM
nice, i'm sure nobody else here will be the same way, but i stopped collecting for a while and restarted with rots, so i don't already own any of these rehashed figures, and getting them on these awesome cards will be great.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-19-2005, 11:03 PM
alright, these waves just simply ROCK MY SOCKS OFF. Well done, Hasbro! :thumbsup:

and as sick as this may sound, who else couldn't help but kinda giggle at how Yoda looked in that battlepack. Just how he has legs all stickin' out. Just made me laugh. lol

bobafrett
12-19-2005, 11:15 PM
Very nice, I was losing faith in the battle pack assortments. I only bough the Jedi Vs Sith set, and the other one I wanted I could not find.

figrin bran
12-19-2005, 11:35 PM
wow! i'm definitely going to pick up multiples of R5, hammerhead and hem dazon as well as the senate skirmish pack! and it looks like i'll be making another custom of roron corrob with the hammerhead.

Bacta Beast
12-20-2005, 12:09 AM
Hell yeah and if the battle pack isn't a mock up look forward to #41 SA Shock troopers! Look at the shoulders, belt and the antennas. Hasbro you just might make me take my sig off.

Don't be too hasty, we still have to be able to find them!:D

jedi master sal
12-20-2005, 12:38 AM
Don't be too hasty, we still have to be able to find them!:D

That's the Statement of the year!

Hell I want 15-20 of these sets. Mostly for the Pods. Not even the Shocktroopers, if you can believe that.
Hell, I'll make a deal with you guys here that if you want the Shocktroopers, go in Halvsies with me on the set and they are yours. (that may not "seem" fair, but think about it, I'd be geting a cool pod, but two reharshed figs...)
I'd ship the troopers in a small bubble envelope to save on shipping for you too. Of if you like I could send them in the Battle Pack box (minus the Pod, Yoda, Palpatine and their appropriate accessories.) You just have to pay exact shipping.

Anyone wanting to make this deal just PM me please. (To help keep the needless buying/trading/selling off of this thread.)

I can honestly see this set going for alot of dollars on eBay already. Loose Pods will be big sellers, the loose Shockie's will command a decent price.

I'm not looking to make ANY money here fellas. I'd be helping fellow collectors get the Shocktroopers they want, and I'd get the Pod I want.

Fair enough, well to me anyway.

-Sal

Kidhuman
12-20-2005, 12:49 AM
VEry nice looking figures. I might pass on the Vader and Han(most likely not) but I love it. I also love the Skirmish set.

El Chuxter
12-20-2005, 12:51 AM
Wow. Just when I thought Momaw Nadon didn't need to be done a second time, much less a third, we get to see this. Sure, it's got the weird Photoshopping Hasbro seems fond of lately, but it looks like a beautiful figure under all those fake shadows.

Cantina Han looks to be the 1997 one with a resculpted head. Why, oh why?

Chaddymac
12-20-2005, 01:29 AM
Wow. Just when I thought Momaw Nadon didn't need to be done a second time, much less a third, we get to see this. Sure, it's got the weird Photoshopping Hasbro seems fond of lately, but it looks like a beautiful figure under all those fake shadows.

Cantina Han looks to be the 1997 one with a resculpted head. Why, oh why?
That Skirmish set is HAWT!!! I already know I want 3. I don't even care that 2 of the figures are going into the recycle bin. Just for the pods and shocktroopers, it's worth it.

Maybe more than 3? Damn you Hasbro. Damn you for finally listening to us!

Turbowars
12-20-2005, 01:54 AM
I have good and bad news guys. The battle pack will be set at 19.99 and the basic will be 6.99. info from Targets computer.

Tycho
12-20-2005, 02:22 AM
OK, I'll make someone a better deal for the pods than JediMasterSal will ;)

That set is awesome. As is Hem Dazon (finally!) A lot of figures including Han, Luke, and Momaw Nadon look like nice improvements, but that's not what I'm in for.

Complaint is that I thought Palpatine wore something like a dark "dickie" type of thing over his purple-red robe when he fought Yoda and not the traditional black "Emperor's cloak" they are offering him in. There were clearly 2 colors there instead of the one seen in the Star Destroyer scene and Vader's birth scenes at the end of the movie. I really want them to make that Palpatine (he has lots of clothes - seems to be a Naboo thing). Anyway, though I have my shocktroopers (#6's on the cards I think) I may go for this set but wouldn't I love it if Hasbro released the Galactic Senate Playset with no figures but just a bunch of pods and a base you could attach them to?

JediTricks
12-20-2005, 02:23 AM
and as sick as this may sound, who else couldn't help but kinda giggle at how Yoda looked in that battlepack. Just how he has legs all stickin' out. Just made me laugh. lolNo kidding, it looks ridiculous! "Skirmish in the Senate with Dancing Monkey Yoda!"

Just when I thought Momaw Nadon didn't need to be done a second time, much less a third, we get to see this. Sure, it's got the weird Photoshopping Hasbro seems fond of lately, but it looks like a beautiful figure under all those fake shadows.Actually, that's the prototype's paint wash, not photoshopping. And you are so right, I was happy with my Momaw Nadon for the last decade but this photograph just turned my figure into a piece of crap. :cry: ;)

but wouldn't I love it if Hasbro released the Galactic Senate Playset with no figures but just a bunch of pods and a base you could attach them to?You? Probably. Most other folks... "Mommy mommy, buy me the Galactic Senate playset so I can recreate the political turmoil that led to Valorum's downfall!!! I want to make longwinded speeches and milquetoast objections, I want to propose parking code adjustments and cast votes on senatorial pay raises!"

Here's my thoughts on this wave... WOW!!! Exciting wave.

Momaw Nadon - I really dig this thing's look, if his knees bend so he can sit at his table he'll be perfect. I like how his mouth is sculpted to look like it's talking. The proto photo has the waist not fully assembled. :D

R5-D4 - Hasbro, I have just one thing to say: WHAT THE HELL TOOK YOU SO LONG?!? He looks good, hopefully he'll get some weathering paint to complete his look, they'll fill in the "door" better, and his head will have the busted-motivator slide up.

Garindan - Like Chux said about Hammerhead, that applies to Long Snoot too, this figure looks great, a major improvement.

Hem Dazon - I'm a little disappointed in the fairly straightforward humanoid body they gave him, they could have given him ANYTHING since all we ever saw was the head. The figure looks alright, but somehow the face looks a little off. I hope his eyes will look good in the production version. The proto photo shows his right forearm and left elbow not fully assembled.

Han Solo - It's the '99 Commtech body again, but my only real complaint with that one was the arm pose and articulation... which doesn't appeared fixed. The head here appears small but I could be mistaken. The facial likeness looks good but I can see it'll be risky if it doesn't get painted just right in production.

Luke Skywalker - NOOOOO!!!! Tatooine Luke again?!? The curse returns! The body may be the Commtech body again which is alright but not really up to snuff, the cloth poncho looks very nice, the face looks new but not very much like the character. Up until here I was buyin' 'em all, now I'm not so sure, hopefully they tighten up the likeness some more.

Sandtrooper - Are you the Commtech trooper with quality embellishments? It sure looks that way. The articulation and body design match up with that CTC stormie, the head looks better but it could just be the way it's painted, he's got the holster that "sorta works", but I don't see any new wrist articulation which would have made him stellar. Hopefully he comes with the 2 Sandtrooper rifles as well, not just the pole and blaster seen in the photo. I'll probably buy this.

Darth Vader - What the...??? Another one, already, really? And it's 500th Vader again, we *just* got this figure in its original format AND it's being released in the TSC's second wave, the Hoth Wave - in fact, that Hoth packaged one is already out in Asia! So glad I spent $9 more on a CHAIR IN A JAR!!!

Skirmish in the Senate - I've avoided the battlepacks so far, and this one has 1 less figure than the ones released this year, a really doofy-looking Yoda, that ROTS Emperor figure I already bought like a chump, 2 troopers I don't care that much for, and a single senate pod which looks kinda small. To be honest, if I weren't an opener and/or I liked ROTS better, I can see why this would be a cool set, but it's definitely not for me.

Droid
12-20-2005, 08:09 AM
So Tycho, exactly how many Senate sets will you buy to get the pods?

I am really pleased with this wave, and that it was confirmed in enough time to stop too many people for voting for Hem Dazon in the ToyFare poll. And who else is happy they didn't call him Dem Hazon as predicted?

JEDIpartner
12-20-2005, 08:10 AM
I'll probably only get Hem Dazon and R5-D4 out of this wave. Yeah... the Momaw Nadon and Garindan look great... but I can't keep buying these figures over and over again.

jedi master sal
12-20-2005, 08:22 AM
Wow JT, you can both highly praise and tear apart stuff in your reviews, ha ha.

Here's a better shot of Hem Dazon to compare the fig with:
http://www.starwars.com/meta/rd/expand/expand.html?world=episode-iv&img=/episode-iv/bts/article/f20030502/img/hem_bg.jpg&width=undefined&height=undefined&import=undefined&caption=

I'm only getting 5 of the eight. Passing on Han, Luke and Vader. (Luke only when I see him in person, might I get)

Of the remaining 5, I'm only anticipating Hem Dazon and a little less for Garindan. The other three are upgrades (Momaw, Sandtrooper-barely, R4-maybe). Of those three, I don't like the tiny waist of Momaw and how the hell does he get his pants on over those big feet? Sandtrooper if Commtech is Meh, if VOTC or Evolutions sclpt is much better. I'm looking at the R4 and I don't see much difference between this one anf the POTF2 one. Am I missing something here? Shouldn't the head be a bit more squat and closer to the body than what this one is?

I'm not excited about this wave at all. Only one figure do I really want to get, and that's Hem, but even then, I NEVER pictured him with a humanoid body.

pegger
12-20-2005, 08:22 AM
I'll probably only get Hem Dazon and R5-D4 out of this wave. Yeah... the Momaw Nadon and Garindan look great... but I can't keep buying these figures over and over again.

Unfortunately, I'm a sucker.....I'm going to say I'll pass on Han and Vader....but I probably won't....

Bacta Beast
12-20-2005, 08:39 AM

Hold on a sec.! I was looking at this more closely, and I'm not sure these are SP bodies! Believe me I hope they are but when I look closely at the torso, I don't see the joint there.:upset: I realize it's probably a mock up, and it could change. But Hasbro hasn't exactly displayed excellent judgement in deciding what bodies to use for clone variants! Either way I'll still want at least two of these just for the pods, and extra clones of any type never hurt. I wish they abandon the tank gunner and jet pack clone bodies though.:cross-eye

Jayspawn
12-20-2005, 09:24 AM
I dont collect the figures much anymore, but this wave is F'n awesome!!! Looks like some work and love went into these figures. I'll pick up a few of them for sure.

The Senate Skirmish pack looks good. I'd like it if the Pod were bigger but it'll do. It should be cheaper since it appears to only come with 4 figures (we can hope).

Rogue II
12-20-2005, 09:37 AM
I'm only getting 5 of the eight. Passing on Han, Luke and Vader. (Luke only when I see him in person, might I get)

The same for me. I didn't realize they were going to make a new Garindan. The POTF2 wasn't all that bad, but this one is enough of an improvement for me to buy. I would have rather had Hasbro make one of the other Cantina patrons instead. Same goes for Hammerhead.

Is it just me or does Hem Dazon look a little like E.T.?

CaptainSolo1138
12-20-2005, 10:16 AM
I definiteley won't be picking up R5-D4. Why did they do a resculpt when we could have gotten a brand new figure of someone else, like Teek? There was nothing wrong with the missile firing action! I'm totally kidding. Except the Teek part.

And unlike JT, I really like the generic smuggler body they used for Hem Dazon. It makes him "fit into" the whole Cantina scene.

Kidhuman
12-20-2005, 10:34 AM
The Senate Skirmish pack looks good. I'd like it if the Pod were bigger but it'll do. It should be cheaper since it appears to only come with 4 figures (we can hope).

Turbo already stated it is 19.99 in Targets computer. Possibly for the pod and the vehicle for the clones.

TheDarthVader
12-20-2005, 10:38 AM
Is it me or does that Vader have a new HAND sculpt? What I mean is, it looks as though the hand is in an extended choking position.

The Luke is not bad. I will have to see it in person before I pass. I will not be getting the Han unless it has something different such as paint or head sculpt.

The other figures look great! I agree with Capt. Solo. I like the body on Hem Dazon. It doesn't bother me at all. Hopefully I can find two of him and two of R5. This wave is awesome!

The multipack is good too. I will buy one.

B.
TDV

jedi master sal
12-20-2005, 10:58 AM
So Tycho, exactly how many Senate sets will you buy to get the pods?

I don't know about Tycho, but I'm going for 20 sets of these. Looking to sell off the figures (unless the Shock troopers are battle damaged and/or #41 sculpts).

Anyone interested in the figs from this set LMK. I'll be making deals with this, as I only want the pods. (PM me if interested)

-Sal

Bacta Beast
12-20-2005, 11:13 AM
I'm looking at the R4 and I don't see much difference between this one anf the POTF2 one. Am I missing something here? Shouldn't the head be a bit more squat and closer to the body than what this one is?

Whaaaaa?!!!!!! :eek: Are you nuts!!!!!???:stupid:lol This R4 is a vast improvement over the POTF2 joke! That thing was an insult! I'll admit you may be right about the head, but if this is the last R4 we get, at least they finally did the character some justice!:thumbsup:

Kidhuman
12-20-2005, 11:19 AM
I don't know about Tycho, but I'm going for 20 sets of these. Looking to sell off the figures (unless the Shock troopers are battle damaged and/or #41 sculpts).

Anyone interested in the figs from this set LMK. I'll be making deals with this, as I only want the pods. (PM me if interested)

-Sal

Sal. I will be interested in the shock troopers if you dont want them. LMK when the time is right.

Tycho
12-20-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by Tycho
but wouldn't I love it if Hasbro released the Galactic Senate Playset with no figures but just a bunch of pods and a base you could attach them to?

You? Probably. Most other folks... "Mommy mommy, buy me the Galactic Senate playset so I can recreate the political turmoil that led to Valorum's downfall!!! I want to make longwinded speeches and milquetoast objections, I want to propose parking code adjustments and cast votes on senatorial pay raises!"

LOL - that reminds me of my stint as a San Diego Planning Board Member. I had to resign my seat to recover from my medical problems and I relocated out of my district. Plus San Diego politics being what they are, I am really thinking I don't want to go back to that mess again...

Back on topic, I think most are right: the Senate pod is too small. The largest delegation that I recall would be (in one car): Panaka, Palpatine, Amidala, a handmaiden - actually I think that's it.

But there are so many cars you could fill up:

Rodians
Ithorians
Twi'leks (represented by Orm Free Ta and concubines)
Bith (cantina band members)
Wookiees (rep'd by Yarua)
SwokesSwokes (Gragga figures en-multiple)
Alderaanians (Bail Organa and random humans, usually in light colors)
Naboo (Amidala, and various humans, Typho, Panaka, Dorme, etc.)
Aqualish (AOTC and prior - they "Separated," rep'd by Po Nudo)
E.T.s
Corellians (rep'd by?)
Chandrilla (rep'd by Mon Mothma)
Mon Calamari (usually rep'd by Quarrens AOTC and prior, rep'd by Teena Mills Mon Calamari by ROTS)
Malastare (rep'd by Asks Moe, Asks Aak, whoever - a Gran)

That's 13 Senate cars or more already, not counting the Chancellor's Podium (Valorum, Palpatine, Sei Teria, Sly Moore, Mas Ameeda)

I want to do all 3 movie's Senate scenes and recreate those intense debates about parking tickets that JediTricks mentioned. But I have no use for 117Shocktroopers, let alone 39 Yodas and Palpatine's.

I may not go for this at all since I can make my own Senate cars from styrofoam cereal bowls etc and forgo the 39 Yodas. I have like 8 or 10 Shocktroopers from single-card finds anyway.

Devo
12-20-2005, 01:42 PM
The Senate pod being too small is no surprise really. The only things that ever get made to scale now are figures like Chewbacca in relation to Princess Leia etc. Small vehicles and larger accessories are always downsized even when their cost at retail would be no more than that of a mid-range vehicle were they to be made to scale. Annoying really.

Its a good but not great wave. 4 new sculpts even if they are previously made characters bar one and they're done well. As to the others - the Luke is good for the poncho but by the looks of it its the Commtech sculpt with the Early bird head - it will therefore be too tall and the articulation is minimal. The Sandtrooper definitly looks like the Commtech sculpt and is thus a missed opportunity to offer better more recent sculpts. The Han looks alright if a bit underwhelming considering it too looks like a rehash in all but the head which I agree looks a bit small. And the inclusion of Vader is baffling to me. Decent figure yes but why is it in two successive waves?

JediTricks
12-20-2005, 02:23 PM
I'll probably only get Hem Dazon and R5-D4 out of this wave. Yeah... the Momaw Nadon and Garindan look great... but I can't keep buying these figures over and over again.Twice in 8 years, that's not exactly "over and over", how many Vaders have you bought in 8 years? I bet it's more than 2, and they weren't 8 years apart. :p Look at the comparison photos attached below, as good as those POTF2 figs were, look at how rudamentary they look now. They were good for their time, but their time has clearly passed.

Wow JT, you can both highly praise and tear apart stuff in your reviews, ha ha.Why, whatever do you mean? :ponder: :p

Here's a better shot of Hem Dazon to compare the fig with...Thanks, I see exactly what I was getting at last night now, not only are his eyes too small, but they gave him a humanoid chin which he never had and it makes look too different.

Of those three, I don't like the tiny waist of Momaw and how the hell does he get his pants on over those big feet? Momaw doesn't have a tiny waist, the torso just wasn't fully assembled with the waist half, that's why there's that smaller cylinder. And at least he HAS pants now!!! :D Maybe they're stretch pants or he can fold his toes in.

I'm looking at the R4 and I don't see much difference between this one anf the POTF2 one. Am I missing something here? Shouldn't the head be a bit more squat and closer to the body than what this one is?Wow... wow, how can you not see a difference? I'll do another comparison attachment, see image below. Let's start with the fact that this figure's head turns and isn't woefully misshapen the way the POTF2 was. Then we'll move on to the lack of giant hip-guns. And finally, his middle leg isn't mega-sized. As for this new one's head, click the link on the SW.com page that says "R5-D4" and you'll see the toy's head is the right size, but the "collar" at the bottom should be smaller in diameter - if anything, this figure's head should be about 5% bigger.

Hold on a sec.! I was looking at this more closely, and I'm not sure these are SP bodies! Believe me I hope they are but when I look closely at the torso, I don't see the joint there.You could be right, the AT-TE Gunner and both prequel Evolutions troopers use the same incorrect rounded top of the stomach armor with no spacing for a joint the way the #41 has. But it could just be that there's no shadow casting from the joint and it is there, this could be the #41 body, the AT-TE Gunner body, or the Evolutions body. At least we know it ain't the Jetpack Trooper, his shoulders and beltpacks are different.

unlike JT, I really like the generic smuggler body they used for Hem Dazon. It makes him "fit into" the whole Cantina scene.But he already "fit in" with the Cantina, the Cantina is full of weirdos, look at Kabe and Muftak and Kitik Keed Kak, they don't all have to be the same kind of body.

Is it me or does that Vader have a new HAND sculpt? What I mean is, it looks as though the hand is in an extended choking position. It's just you, same hand sculpts, they're flattened to sit on his knees because he's "sitting on the can" 500th Vader.

I will not be getting the Han unless it has something different such as paint or head sculpt.This prototype just shown has a new head sculpt.

El Chuxter
12-20-2005, 02:26 PM
Twice in 8 years, that's not exactly "over and over", how many Vaders have you bought in 8 years?

It's actually three for Momaw. ;)

JediTricks
12-20-2005, 02:46 PM
That Cantina figure is the same head, arms, and legs, the new body is immaterial. Plus, nobody really bought that set for the figure inside. :p

jedi master sal
12-20-2005, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the side-by-side of R5, JT. NOW I can clearly see the difference. Okay so I'm good with this fig then!

I'm going to have to buy about 10 of him (to customize). Curse you for pointing out the difference s to me, JT!!! ha ha

Sal. I will be interested in the shock troopers if you dont want them. LMK when the time is right.
Will do. I've got a local collector who's interested, but if he falls through, I'll be dealin' with ya.

-Sal

JediTricks
12-20-2005, 03:05 PM
Sure thing Sal. And let's face it, in 30 years would you really have wanted to show your grandkids your collection and come up with the original R5-D4??? :p "Grampa, I don't remember this droid in the movie ever mowing down a battalion of stormtroopers with his shoulder cannons and then busting in half and taking out a Star Destroyer."

vadersvette
12-20-2005, 03:28 PM
They all look great. Especially the millionth rerelease of the CT Han!:rolleyes:
Seriously, though, most of these look fantastic.
-I do like Han because I'll save myself 6 bucks.
-As with the Sandtrooper...IMO the Evolutions ones are good enough.
-Vader, too...why get the same one three times in a year's time?
-I will have to wait and see Luke w/o his poncho and hat...right now I don't plan on getting him

-Momaw looks pretty good, def. be buying him
-as with Garindan
-and Hem

-and obviously the gem of the wave is lil' old Red. While I was a little disappointed Hasbro didn't use the R4-G9/R4-P17/astromech pack body and instead used the VOTC one, the figure is still absolutely amazing nevertheless!:love:

jedibear
12-20-2005, 04:12 PM
This wave looks good...they're not looking as kit-bashed as I feared.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-20-2005, 04:49 PM
Oh man, these figures are great!!!

I never imagined needing another Momaw Nadon, but now I definitely do.

I hope that they go with the kitbashed Commtech stormtrooper for the sandtrooper, as in the pics, and not just a straight re-release of the POTJ figure (as they showed at Comic-Con).

Gee Han, good to see you again. :rolleyes: Even if that is a new head I won't get it.

YES!!!! A new R5-D4 - finally!! It's about freakin' time. Same goes for poncho Luke, even if it is somewhat kitbashed.

I DEFINITELY didn't expect that body for Hem Dazon, even though in EU they kind of had humanoid bodies (in the Jedi Apprentice books, I think).

Nice of them to at least reissue an ANH Vader . . . oh wait, that's the damn 500th one again. I wonder, will that one even count as two different figures or will it be the same number but with a new card?

The Senate pack looks great, but I wish they made a new Palpatine (that was actually, y'know, in the duel) and a larger pod. As it stands, I really like it.

It'll be interesting to see which accessories these figures come with, as we didn't know about several of the Hoth figures' accessories before they got them.

Umbra
12-20-2005, 06:04 PM
I've been waiting for Hem to be made for a long time now, so I will definitly pic him up. Now they just need to make the black helmeted Sgt. from JAbba's Palace.

Garidan surprised me, so i think i'll grab him as well.

While Momaw and R5-D4 are nice, fundage and space issues will probably make me forego them.

As for the senate scene: w00t maybe a chance to actually get that bloody shock trooper

rich_of_the_dead
12-20-2005, 06:10 PM
is it just me or does the head bear an odd similarity to the walmart early bird luke? kinda sorta right? i mean the hair and such.take care happy holidays im off to north dakota to visit me uncle who lives an hour from town (groan)

Turbowars
12-20-2005, 06:19 PM
Wow, I'm not one for supporting Hasbro all the time, but damn some of you need to remove the stick from you know where.:yes: This is a beautiful display of OT figures. Vader and Han only being the true duds. Hasbro Has done a great job with this wave so far. I just don't like the 6.99 price point.

TheDarthVader
12-20-2005, 07:10 PM
Thanks JT. HAN HAS A NEW HEAD!? I will definitely be one of the suckers buying him! I will also get the VADER because of the different packaging. I collect all of the vaders hasbro makes. I know...but I love vader. Hell, I guess I will be buying all of them except sandtrooper. I will also try to get two Hem Dazons.

B.
TDV

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-20-2005, 08:27 PM
Thanks JT. HAN HAS A NEW HEAD!? I will definitely be one of the suckers buying him! I will also get the VADER because of the different packaging. I collect all of the vaders hasbro makes. I know...but I love vader. Hell, I guess I will be buying all of them except sandtrooper. I will also try to get two Hem Dazons.

B.
TDV
I can't tell whether or not Han has a new/different head. That idiotic shadow effect makes it hard to tell.

Rich_of_the_dead, isn't that like the 18th time you've said bye? lol But yeah, that does look like the Early Bird Luke head. That's gonna look awkward on the taller body.

evenflow
12-20-2005, 09:13 PM
Very cool, a very nice wave.

jedi master sal
12-21-2005, 07:40 AM
Sure thing Sal. And let's face it, in 30 years would you really have wanted to show your grandkids your collection and come up with the original R5-D4??? :p "Grampa, I don't remember this droid in the movie ever mowing down a battalion of stormtroopers with his shoulder cannons and then busting in half and taking out a Star Destroyer."

Would that I would have kids then grandkids to share this with...
It's just me and my fiancee and she doesn't want kids, so someone is going to get my collection someday and not know what to do with it.
I'll probably donate it to Children's Hospital.

JEDIpartner
12-21-2005, 09:02 AM
...well, JT. I guess I just don't have the income to justify upgrading every single one of my outdated figures. I kinda have to pick and choose what I want and what I don't need.

Tycho
12-21-2005, 11:32 AM
And let's face it, in 30 years would you really have wanted to show your grandkids your collection and come up with the original R5-D4??? "Grampa, I don't remember this droid in the movie ever mowing down a battalion of stormtroopers with his shoulder cannons and then busting in half and taking out a Star Destroyer."

It was from a deleted scene :D

I love that R5-D4! It is a living piece of nostalgia in my collection. I remember shooting my first Sandtrooper with him...

DarkArtist
12-21-2005, 11:38 AM
This wave is looking good, and the positive thing about the new Saga collections is that the waves seem to be major improvments over what has come before. I think we may just be n for a treat in '06.:thumbsup:

I looking forward to seeing the aliens and the Luke figure as well as R5 so that my Tatoonie Diorama / Cantina will be complet. I just hope Luke is SA.:yes:

El Chuxter
12-21-2005, 12:01 PM
I always display my old R5-D4 with the cannons out, poked into the side of a vehicle like they're repair arms of some sort.

Rogue II
12-21-2005, 03:37 PM
It was from a deleted scene :D

I love that R5-D4! It is a living piece of nostalgia in my collection. I remember shooting my first Sandtrooper with him...

Was that the scene where R5-D4 shot down the Cruisemissle trooper while Han and his Smuggler pack battled the Crowd Control Stormtrooper?

JediTricks
12-21-2005, 03:41 PM
I can't tell whether or not Han has a new/different head. That idiotic shadow effect makes it hard to tell.The facial features are totally different and the chin is very different from the Commtech Han figure. I attached a comparison of this prototype Han with the CTC version, see attached below...

Would that I would have kids then grandkids to share this with...
It's just me and my fiancee and she doesn't want kids, so someone is going to get my collection someday and not know what to do with it.
I'll probably donate it to Children's Hospital.So you're saying you want to put sick kids' eyes out when they pick up R5-D4 and don't realize he's a missile-launcher? :p

...well, JT. I guess I just don't have the income to justify upgrading every single one of my outdated figures. I kinda have to pick and choose what I want and what I don't need.Yeah yeah, I know, but these aren't minor upgrades to recent figures either. And you didn't answer my question, how many Vaders have you bought in the past 8 years?

is it just me or does the head bear an odd similarity to the walmart early bird luke? kinda sorta right?I thought the same thing at first, both prototypes (EB Luke and this one) are simplistic head sculpts with odd flat brown hair, but the features are different from each other, different nose, hair style, hairline, eyes and nose are smaller, and this new one doesn't look as much like Mark Hamill.

Tycho
12-21-2005, 04:49 PM
Was that the scene where R5-D4 shot down the Cruisemissle trooper while Han and his Smuggler pack battled the Crowd Control Stormtrooper?

RogueII, it looks like us X-wing pilots were the only ones who got the Especially Special Editions on DVD. They must still be classified. :D

JT, nice pictures of all the Han's. I like the one in the center as the most realistic. Not sure which one is that?

JediTricks
12-21-2005, 04:53 PM
The new prototype is in the center, the outer pictures are both Commtech Han from different angles to show how dissimiliar the new figure is from the CTC one.

Rogue II
12-21-2005, 05:44 PM
RogueII, it looks like us X-wing pilots were the only ones who got the Especially Special Editions on DVD. They must still be classified. :D

Well, that edition could have been brought on by sniffing mouse droids. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I bought the Crowd Control Stormtrooper, even though it was only like $3.

I'm still not sure if there is enough of a change in the figure to warrant buying the new Han Solo. Why would they spend time re-sculpting a figure that looks that similar to the previous version?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-21-2005, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the comparison, JT. I also thought (at first glance) that he had a new torso as well, but it's just the paint and lighting. That head looks like the VOTC one, but I know it isn't as that one was on a ball joint and this one isn't. Is this the Saga/OTC AT-ST Driver disguise head? It sort of looks like that, but I can't tell.

Turbowars
12-21-2005, 07:02 PM
Yeah I tell you guys that Han has seen his better days. They really need to retire him and use the VOTC version a bit more. Vader will always sell so I know why he's in the wave, but the reat of the set is stellar, no complaint this time around.:thumbsup:

figrin bran
12-21-2005, 08:08 PM

don't forget about luke on his mini desert skiff! :p

JediTricks
12-21-2005, 11:39 PM
No, it's not that Han General figure's head, that one is much different, and you can usually tell by the hairstyle on Han figures after '99 because that's when Hasbro started paying attention to the fact that Han's hair was different in all 3 movies.

I think the torso looks new because it's the prototype so it's crisper and also it's painted white instead of that off-white before.

As for the VOTC head, this one like you said has no ball-joint, though it could be based off that head for that (the hair and mouth are close) the nose is different and I think the ball-jointed head prototypes are started as ball-joints so this wouldn't be it's proto.

I wonder if we'll ever see them use a VOTC figure outside that deluxe-class pricerange (except for R2, that's a little different though). I suspect if they did, collectors who bought the VOTC for twice they money would freak.

General_Grievous
12-22-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm happy with everything except for the damn Palpy and Yoda rehashes in the battle pack. Make a Senate Duel Palpatine, Hasbro!!!!

AmanaMatt
12-22-2005, 08:17 PM
About time on R5-D4...I was hoping they would use the vintage body as I love those wires coming out of the legs.....the new Hammerhead looks great, as does the whole wave (of the new figs). Han, Luke, Vader = eh

Slicker
12-22-2005, 09:18 PM
I just saw these for the first time and these all look good. I like the wave of figures coming out (and yes I don't even mind the Han and Vader repacks as they are a necessity) and the Senate Pack looks really cool and quite original. No complaints here.:thumbsup:

pegger
12-23-2005, 01:15 PM
Hey.. I just noticed on the Star Wars site...the write up for Vader is for ESB....perhaps they are just including this figure with the case assortment (and not releasing us the same figure 2x in one year, with a different base)

VaderhitsJarjar
12-23-2005, 01:43 PM
I love droids, aliens from different scenes - and they need vader and han to keep the kids interested - I 'm excited - and whoo hoo I just found a tarkin - the only figure hanging at target with about a hundred mon mothas.

DarkArtist
12-23-2005, 01:50 PM
I also kind of bummed about the repack yoda and Palpatine figures in the senate set, but at least we are getting shock troopers, that alone warrants picking up at least two. I would love it if they gave us a new sculpt of Palpatine, especially since it looks like it was a two tone cloak, black hood with a grey robe. Yoda also would be good if they could make a SA Yoda, then the set would truely rock.

Also happy that the han isn't a re-pack Comm Tech. I think between the Comm-Tech, Saga, and OTC he has outlived his days.

JediTricks
12-23-2005, 03:40 PM
Hey.. I just noticed on the Star Wars site...the write up for Vader is for ESB....perhaps they are just including this figure with the case assortment (and not releasing us the same figure 2x in one year, with a different base)Why would they bother including a photo with the series then? They've never shown us new waves with old figures before when a case shipped with figures from previous waves.

My guess is that either they're trying to get this figure in 2 packages twice, or possibly they're using the wrong figure prototype for the photo (they've done this before, a couple times with R2), this isn't really a Vader from ANH anyway.

pegger
12-23-2005, 06:00 PM
I don't know why...but the write up is about cornering Luke on CLoud City.... What the hell has that got to do with Mos Eisley?

Fluke Skywalker
12-24-2005, 03:55 AM
After almost a year, it finally feels good to get some OT waves again. This wave is great. Still like the Hoth wave a wee bit better, but no real complaints. :thumbsup:

ROTJLuke
12-24-2005, 10:59 AM
Wow, I'm not one for supporting Hasbro all the time, but damn some of you need to remove the stick from you know where.:yes: This is a beautiful display of OT figures. Vader and Han only being the true duds. Hasbro Has done a great job with this wave so far. I just don't like the 6.99 price point.

I heavily agree with you.

R5-D4-Glad the wait is finally over, been waitin' for this one for quite sometime. A+ :D

Momaw Nadon-Didn't think we needed a new one, but after I saw this figure, I realized why we did. A+ :thumbsup:

Garindan-Again, didn't think we needed a new one, but after I saw this figure, I realized why we did. A+ :thumbsup:

Hem Dazon-Awesome looking figure, a welcomed addition to the collection. A+ :thumbsup:

Han Solo-New head, same old commtech chip body. Where as I will not pass on it (I only have 1 commtech Han), it is a piece. F :upset:

Sandtrooper-Don't mind another trooper. Hopefully it isn't a straight repack of the POTJ trooper. B :)

Luke Skywalker-Wasn't expecting a whole lot out of this figure, but wow am I empressed. The body looks to be commtech, the head a play off the EB head, and it's just a great looking figure, a very good kitbash. The poncho, hat and binoculars are great packins. B+ :thumbsup: :D

Darth Vader (not truly in this wave)-500th Vader, and their usin' the hell outta that mold. I hope it's just the Hoth packaging, not an "all new" figure (numbering, cardback, etc.)

All in all this wave, the Battle of Tatooine, is my favorite wave. I think it's the best wave yet. Overall this wave recieves an A-, for gems like R5,Momaw,Garindan, and Luke. The - is for the bummers like Han and Vader.

12-25-2005, 01:15 AM
I know it's way too late to make requests, but besides the much needed R5-D4, how about a new Dr. Evazan?

ROTJLuke
12-25-2005, 04:19 PM
I know it's way too late to make requests, but besides the much needed R5-D4, how about a new Dr. Evazan?

Maybe, but I was never huge on getting Dr.Evazan in the first place. Don't ask me why, but I would like an updated Ponda Boba tho.

JON9000
12-25-2005, 05:33 PM
I wonder if we'll ever see them use a VOTC figure outside that deluxe-class pricerange (except for R2, that's a little different though). I suspect if they did, collectors who bought the VOTC for twice they money would freak.
I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility, especially at $7. I think they have used $15 Boba several times since as a pack-in, haven't they?

JediTricks
12-26-2005, 03:00 PM
I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility, especially at $7. I think they have used $15 Boba several times since as a pack-in, haven't they?
That's true, but not as a basic figure so far, and the uses of 300th Fett were to sell items that had tooling already paid-for which mitigates the usage, making 300th Fett's inclusion a major selling point. As for this price increase, don't expect a quality increase to come with it, Hasbro sees the basic and deluxe pricepoints as fairly linear and instead of increasing quality when they increase prices they just throw into the package a "value compensator" such as the holograms.

mark2d2
01-11-2006, 07:53 PM
And so at long last it shall come to pass that we get a decent R5-D4. Not just a decent one either, but a totally awesome VOTC quality one at that.

Bravo, Hasbro. Bravo!

HAMMERHEAD: Nice. They've some how updated a classic that I already thought they updated pretty well with the Cantina Set versions. Will look great with the rumoured VOTC Greedo.

GARINDAN: Very cool. Love that they have reworked him to include a cloth cape. Hope that capes grows just a little by production time though.

HEM DAZUM: Well. . . I really want to like this guy. I keep trying to. He just seems off. Somebody said he has a chin? And I think that's part of it, definitely. The body is just not what I envisioned. The clothes, specifically. They are so. . . generic. And, frankly, a little too butch. I mean, come on, Hem is so frigging goofy in that opening shot as he cocks his head and now he's all suited up to hang out with Dengar and IG-88? What gives? I pictured his clothes more space age silly like Greedo's and Labria's jump suits. I'll probably pick him up, but he is not at all what I was hoping for to honest.

As for the rest of this wave, they are fine. Hold little interest to me as I have too many of these characters already as it is.

THE SENATE POD --- A smidge small, but Yes! Finally.

lukesky27
01-11-2006, 08:44 PM
I guess that I am not seeing the point of having another Vader...what does he have to do with Mos Eisley anyway? I love the other figures and cannot wait to get a real R5-D4.

starwarsfan1
01-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Alright rebelscum.com has just confirmed that the shocktroopers in the skirmish in the senate battle pack are indeed from the #41 sculpt. This battlepack is certainly the best hasbro has done yet.

Darth Cruel
01-16-2006, 05:43 PM
Alright rebelscum.com has just confirmed that the shocktroopers in the skirmish in the senate battle pack are indeed from the #41 sculpt. This battlepack is certainly the best hasbro has done yet.

Outstanding news! Thanks! OK all you Senate Pod lovers, get in line with your #41 sculpt Shock Troopers (well...that is...when they start showing up)!

figrin bran
01-16-2006, 07:15 PM
awesome! shocktroopers with the #41 mold! if i buy 2 of these packs would anyone want the extra yoda and "charlotte"?

Kidhuman
01-17-2006, 12:21 AM
I am buying a few of these. Are they exclusive or everywhere?

figrin bran
01-17-2006, 01:55 AM
KH, they're supposed to be a Target exclusive

Darth Cruel
01-17-2006, 05:12 AM
Can any of you Target employees or relatives/friends thereof get a DCI for the Skirmish Battle Pack? That would be very much appreciated.

Kidhuman
01-17-2006, 07:23 AM
KH, they're supposed to be a Target exclusive

Thanks, wonder if these will make it to clearance like the clone 5 packs????

Sith Lord 0498
01-17-2006, 08:01 AM
Thanks, wonder if these will make it to clearance like the clone 5 packs????

I doubt it. That 'Clone Attack on Coruscant' battlepack was not a big seller in my area because no one was really interested in buying those gray clones and a Bacara repaint. This skirmish set, on the other, has a lot going for it. First of all, it comes with TWO Shocktroopers and this time based on the #41 mold (personally, i like the #6 better...). That right there appeals to both army builders and those who could find the carded version. Plus, it has a Senate pod, which is something collectors and fans have been begging Hasbro to make for years.

So, if anything, I think these will sell incredibly fast, and we can only hope that Target has ordered enough of these.

Kidhuman
01-17-2006, 08:19 AM
I hope they do order enough of them. I thin konce these hit they will be gone. Hopefully Hasbro will send em out in full force also knowing how popular they will be.

jedi master sal
01-17-2006, 11:24 AM
I'm looking to get at least 10 of them...I'll probably just give away the extra Emperors and Yodas.

Darth Cruel
01-17-2006, 02:04 PM
I'll quit buying them when I quit finding them. And not a minute before. I figure if I get 50 of them and trade the pods for Shock Troopers, I will get the 100 that I want. I think these troopers will look cool in a formation. It is just too bad that they don't have a variation on the leaders armor to distinguish him from the others. I guess I'll just use a Vaderkin.

Kidhuman
01-18-2006, 12:25 AM
If you get 50 sets, thats 100 shock troopers at 2 per pack.

Darth Cruel
01-18-2006, 06:19 AM
If you get 50 sets, thats 100 shock troopers at 2 per pack.

See? I'm so excited about these things coming out, that the simplest math eludes me.:o

DarthQuack
01-18-2006, 11:17 AM
Any idea as to when we may see this hit shelves? I'm too lazy to look through all the pages to see if it was answered before :). But yea, I will pick up one of these as soon as I see it, they won't last until clearance with everyone talking army building or pod-building if you please.

Darth Cruel
01-18-2006, 03:03 PM
Yeah. A DCI number and a street date would be great. C'mon Target contacts!

TheDarthVader
01-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Awesome! I will be getting a few of these. I have a loose passel argente and cat miin that would look sweet in a senate pod! Way to go Hasbro! You finally hit the nail on the head with this set.

B.
TDV

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Awesome! I will be getting a few of these. I have a loose passel argente and cat miin that would look sweet in a senate pod! Way to go Hasbro! You finally hit the nail on the head with this set.

B.
TDV
Though there's still that nasty little fact that shocktroopers never had antennae, the senate pod is about half as big as it should be, and Palpatine is wearing the wrong costume.

So while it's very good, it's far from perfect. ;) :D

figrin bran
01-18-2006, 09:30 PM
Yeah. A DCI number and a street date would be great. C'mon Target contacts!

i got this off of RS

087-06-0863 SW SKIRMISH AT THE SENATE BATTLE $19.99

it's supposed to come around april/may which is when the next aisle resets are due.

LTBasker
01-18-2006, 10:53 PM
Though there's still that nasty little fact that shocktroopers never had antennae

That's no big deal, they're easily removeable. In fact, too easily- it's more of a trouble getting them to stay in there. I wish Hasbro would just seal up the hole on the back, they were nifty additions but they've run their course and don't need to be included on every single use of the #41 mold.

lukesky27
01-19-2006, 06:44 AM
That's no big deal, they're easily removeable. In fact, too easily- it's more of a trouble getting them to stay in there. I wish Hasbro would just seal up the hole on the back, they were nifty additions but they've run their course and don't need to be included on every single use of the #41 mold.

I agree. But, getting them to do anything right is always a pipe dream. Hasbro does what they feel will make them the most money. It could cost a little to fill in that hole properly, so there is no need to do when we will all buy that Battlepack and they know it. We are all slaves to their whims and products.:whip:

Darth Cruel
01-19-2006, 09:30 AM
i got this off of RS

087-06-0863 SW SKIRMISH AT THE SENATE BATTLE $19.99

it's supposed to come around april/may which is when the next aisle resets are due.

FIGRIN!!!! FIGRIN!!!! FIGRIN!!!! That rocks, bud! Thanks! We should have a separate thread just for DCIs for everything...but particularly the Target exclusive stuff. These DCIs were critical in my getting the Utapau Shadow Trooper and I can't wait to try them out on the Senate Skirmish Battle Packs.

DarthQuack
01-19-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm just curious because I don't know much about it, but what are the DCI #'s and how do they related to us knowing if they will be coming in soon or not? Or do they just let us identify what waves and figures, etc?

Darth Cruel
01-19-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm just curious because I don't know much about it, but what are the DCI #'s and how do they related to us knowing if they will be coming in soon or not? Or do they just let us identify what waves and figures, etc?

It is just an ID number that Target uses. It just helps to more accurately and quickly look to see if the item is in stock. The way I use it is to call the store and get the courtesy desk to tell me if the item is in stock or not. If the item is in stock, I ask if someone will be able to get one from the back if I go to the store and there are none on the shelves. They have always said yes so far. I do this so that I am not taking a chance of talking to a scalper's contact who may tell me that the item is not in stock.

JediTricks
01-20-2006, 10:50 PM
DCPI numbers can be found on any Target shelftag, it's in small print beneath the price on the left side.

Turbowars
01-20-2006, 10:56 PM
Well, there goes our little secret.:thumbsup: :rolleyes:

JediTricks
01-22-2006, 03:40 AM
No, the secret is that the newer Target price scanners have buttons on the side which let you punch in the DCPIs and show whether or not they're in the back room. :p

sith_killer_99
01-22-2006, 09:18 AM
Well, I plan on buying everything as usual.

Current plan:

Momaw Nadon: X2 (1 carded 1 loose)
R5-D4: X2 (1 carded 1 loose)
Garindan: X2 (1 carded 1 loose)
Hem Dazon: X2 (1 carded 1 loose)
Han Solo: X1 (carded)
Luke Skywalker: X2 (1 carded 1 loose)
Sandtrooper: X21(?) (1 carded 20 loose)
Darth Vader: X1 (carded)

Skirmish at the Senate: X?? (1 boxed ?? loose)

I hate the fact that this is a Target exclusive, that means that they will most likely come and go very quickly and probably will not get reordered. That also means that we have to buy 'em while they are there. Remember Target doesn't have "layaway" anymore. They got rid of layaway so that they could push their stupid Target credit card!

So get 'em while they're hot because they won't last long. If you want 10, you better walk into Target with a credit card or $220.00 minimum. If you want more than 10, you better be prepared to hit Ebay or buy out every Target in your area as soon as they hit!:mad:

jedi master sal
01-23-2006, 01:45 AM
here's my breakdown of the ones sk99 mentioned:
Momaw Nadon: X3 all loose
R5-D4: X8 (for customs-though I'll keep the majority of them carded to see if there is another droid set made and R5 droids are used...I hope so)
Garindan: X2 (both loose)
Hem Dazon: X8 all loose-using them for other diorama fillers and will custom them
Han Solo: PASS most likely
Luke Skywalker: PASS most likely
Sandtrooper: depending on which one this is, I'll likely get a dozen. If they are SA, maybe more.
Darth Vader: PASS most likely

Skirmish at the Senate: at least 10 if I can get them, though would like to get 20-25 sets. mostly for pods and am willing to trade the Shocktroopers for the pod!

Darth Cruel
01-23-2006, 01:41 PM
Here is my own breakdown:

Super articulated army builders - 1 carded and 100 loose.
Everything else - 1 carded.

Reverend Strone
01-25-2006, 09:17 PM
Momaw Nadon - Awesome- bring it on. I still have a warm place in my heart for the old sculpt. It was the first SW figure I caved in and bought because he was just too cool to pass up- the muscle-Lukes and Hans never had any appeal- so this will bring me full circle. Maybe I'll turn my old guy into a customised Tatooine extra, but this new sculpt goes straight to the front of my Mos Eisley display. Very cool. Given how much official kit-bashing and rereleasing Hasbro have been doing lately, it has me hopeful for an Ithorian Jedi to go with Foul Modama in 2007.

R5-D4 - Also great- finally a good R5 sculpt. Let's not talk about the old rocket-launcher version. Where has been the love for this model of droids all these years? We got a nice one in the Star Tours R5-D2 figure, but now that this geat new R5-D4 is done, I have high hopes for future astromech multipacks that will feature paint variations on this fantastic new sculpt.

Garindan - a great new sculpt. As much as I would rather have new figures that haven't already seen release, like his buddies above, this guy is enough of an improvement over the old figure that it warrants picking up again without a sigh or grumble on my part. Well done Hasbro! My only qualm is the soft goods cloak. I still think soft goods cloaks and clothes on 3 3/4 inch figures look lame, but at least he'll be able to articulate under that.

Hem Dazon - There's something slightly awkward about this guy but he's cool nonetheless. Being an alien, a Tatooine character and a new sculpt, he meets all my must-have criteria, so I'll be picking him up for certain!

Han Solo - An easy pass for me. Why do I need more than one Han Solo? I understand why Hasbro keeps remaking the main characters and am comfortable with that, but I won't be buying them. I don't mind this guy being here as it is one less for me to have to chase down and spend money on. In a year full of some great looking figures, these rehashes are actually welcome as far as I am concerned because I get to have a breather and sit them out. In all seriousness, thanks for the break Hasbro!

Luke Skywalker - Another easy pass for me again. Unless a character has been extensively resculpted and improved upon, I don't need it. To be honest, I have little interest in the main characters anyway. It's the cool aliens and droids I want. This guy is NZ$15 I won't have to spend, which means NZ$15 off my mortgage and a happier wife. :)

Sandtrooper - Cool. Because I have a Tatooine fetish and bought a tonne of the old sandtroopers back in the green card days, I resisted buying the new ones, but then had too when they started looking so good. Of course now I can't have just one great looking sandtrooper amongst a whole pile of crappy ones, so this is a chance for me to catch up and army build. I just hope I'll be able to find these. I doubt they will be released in New Zealand with 2006 not being a movie year, so this might end up being an expensive multiple-purchase over the web for me.

Darth Vader - Excellent. What I will save on not buying Luke, Han and Vader will help go towarsd picking up multiples of the sandtrooper. Thanks for making it easy for me to say no again Hasbro. :)

Skirmish in the Senate - Aw crap- this is going to kill me. I really want multiple pods to build a senate diorama, so I guess that means buying a tonne of these great new sets. I doubt I'll have any trouble flicking off some of the excess clones to help pay for that, but does anyone know someone who wants a whole pile of Emperors and Yodas?

And to think this year I was really hoping to take it easy on the SW toy buying. :(

Tycho
01-25-2006, 10:11 PM
I bought a new dining table set that has a glass top and a circular platform in between the legs. It would make the perfect Galactic Senate rotunda and go with my displays. I can also throw a table cloth over the diorama if I'm ever in a pinch and need to pretend like I'm a grown up. :D I am not going to be buying a ton of Skirmishes in the Senate for this at all.

I'll have 2 options:

1) wait for Hasbro to release the pods individually or in some playset at a later date.

2) make the pods myself (slightly larger than the SS set looks like it will be) and create them out of styrofoam cereal bowls with some added paint and parts, sort of like NiubNiub did.

I actually purchased figures for 4 different Senate scenes:

a) TPM - Valorum's downfall
b) AOTC - Palpatine's Military Creation Act
c) ROTS - Palpatine's Jedi Purge Speech
d) ROTS - Yoda's battle with Darth Sidious (I have 4 individually carded shocktroopers waiting for this)

I returned 3 Deluxe Palpatine figures I'd bought, hoping to "lock" his creepy face as switched over by impeding the lever in his back, but then realized that he was not wearing his "Papacy robes" during the duel with Yoda, but something similar to the 12" Palpatine's figure's outfit. I will wait and buy 3 of the corrected single-card figures of him which I'm sure they'll eventually make (and should have come with the SS set in the first place).

I'm very interested in recreating the Senate Skirmish and displaying all the aliens in the Galactic Senate (as well as having figures of Padme and Bail from her "this is how liberty dies" speech).

But I will not be buying into a pile of Yodas and incorrect Palpatine's to get a bunch of over-priced and undersized Senate Pods, as well as Shocktroopers I don't need. (I have 8 or more, and I only needed 6).

TheDarthVader
02-05-2006, 01:14 PM

Yeah me too. I wish Hasbro would seal up the hole. We can do it on our own though. Just put a few drops of hot glue down that hole and *pop* all sealed up! :D

B.
TDV

BlueSnags
02-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Mos Eisley wave is up for pre-order on EE.

Here's the case assortment:

Star Wars - The Saga Collection 3 3/4-inch Basic Action Figure Assortment Wave 5 contains 12 individually packaged action figures based on Mos Eisley:
2x Momaw Nadon (Cantina Alien "Hammerhead", Saga #31)
2x Darth Vader (Bespin Battle, Saga #38)
2x Sandtrooper (Saga #37)
2x R5-D4 (Saga #32)
1x Hem Dazon (Cantina Alien "Goldeyes", Saga #33)
1x Garindan (Cantina Aliens "Long Snoot/Snitch", Saga #34)
1x Luke Skywalker (Tatooine Poncho and Hat, Saga #36)
1x Han Solo (Cantina, Saga #35). (Subject to change.)

Link:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85770E

jedi master sal
02-11-2006, 08:51 AM
Snags, I edited your post for clarity. It's a little hard to read them when they are bunched together. It's easier in a list. (Yeah, I know EE does it that way.)