PDA

View Full Version : Custom Choppers: Why?

El Chuxter
12-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Seriously.

Was someone in your marketing department freebasing crack laced with PCP or something?

I saw these pieces of crap this morning, and they're not only beyond stupid, but they're horribly made. If not for my first viewing of the Star Wars Holiday Special last night, these would be the scariest things I've seen all month!

I want an answer: what the hell were you thinking?

Rogue II
12-20-2005, 04:38 PM
Just ignore them and hope they go away. Same goes for those Transformers.

starwarsfan1
12-20-2005, 04:56 PM
These things should be put into to the firery bowls of hell for all enternity. These things dont deserve to see the light of day or to be looked upon human eyes ever again. As far as the transformers go I think they look pretty good.

DarkArtist
12-20-2005, 09:14 PM
One Reason and One Reason Only $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

decadentdave
12-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Aw c'mon man, it's Easy Rider Vader!!!

jedi master sal
12-21-2005, 09:09 AM
Chux, I completely agree.

This was a stupid idea from the begining.

I've never really like cross-genre stuff.

Don't like this, don't like the idea of Transformer SW, even those weird vehicles-the converting landspeeder and x-wing-I think they are Playskool or FIsher Price?

Star Wars is about ACTION FIGURES!!!

Hasbro 3 3/4 inch-Cool
Playskool figures and movie related vehicles (not the converting ones)-Cool
Sideshow 12 inch-Cool (though I'm not collecitng them due to cost and availability
Lego-Mildly Cool (Getting to be too expensive)
Kubricks-Cool

The MR sabers/mini sabers-Very cool
GG Busts and Bust-UPs-Awesome

But stuff that crosses over into other toy lines that are specific to other toy lines or doesn't exist in the realm of SW-BAD, very BAD. Reminds me of this brown log I saw floating in water last night...CRAP I tell ya!

I make the exception with LEGO and Kubricks because they are still in essence action figures, but of a different type and neither brand has been specific to one thing. There are MANY different lines of LEGO as well as Kubricks. WHile you didn't see a LEGO Gunship, you did see a gunship and this is LEGO's interpretation. But Characters on Choppers?? Silly, idiotic, just plain stupid...ding ding.

DarkArtist
12-21-2005, 10:31 AM
C'Mon it the Star Wars edition of West Coast Customs:laugh: :laugh: Can't you just picture Darth and Luke crusing the galactic turnpike singing "Born to Be Wild." Know all they need to do is make a Leia figure that looks like a biker babe.:laugh: :laugh:

starwarsfan1
12-21-2005, 04:53 PM
Hasbro has reached an all new time low with these custom schoppers. I hope these backfire completely and they lose a ton of money off these. And you people think the Unleashed Battle packs are bad. These choppers a 100x's worse. They are complete crap and any anybody who buys these should be ashamed of themselves and seperate themselves from society.

sith_killer_99
12-21-2005, 05:59 PM
I agree these a horrible! Other bad ideas to come out of Hasbro this year:

AttackTix
Unleashed mini's
Force Battlers

They are complete crap and any anybody who buys these should be ashamed of themselves and seperate themselves from society.

I bought one of these for my 3 year old daughter. While I hate these, as well as the Force Battlers, my daughter seems to get good plat value out of them. She especilly love the R2-D2 and C-3PO Force Battlers. I bought her the Vader bike for Christmas.:twisted:

starwarsfan1
12-21-2005, 07:28 PM
I bought one of these for my 3 year old daughter. While I hate these, as well as the Force Battlers, my daughter seems to get good plat value out of them. She especilly love the R2-D2 and C-3PO Force Battlers. I bought her the Vader bike for Christmas.:twisted:[/quote]

Let me rephrase this then. Anybody who buys these, other then for there three year old kids, should be ashamed of themselves and seperate themselves from society. Only little kids can enjoy these. I mean kids who are say 9 and up a little bit strange if they find the choppers or force battlers fun and entertaining. :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Turbowars
12-21-2005, 07:39 PM
Yeah I can't wait to talk to the Hasbro Rep at the 06 SDCC about these. I'll start with how great the Saga line is coming along and then do a 180 with his Choppers! I bet he will say, Oh really, they have sold very well. I'll say, Well yeah to your retailers, not your customers.

JediTricks
12-22-2005, 12:09 AM
I bought one of these for my 3 year old daughter. While I hate these, as well as the Force Battlers, my daughter seems to get good plat value out of them. She especilly love the R2-D2 and C-3PO Force Battlers. I believe you mean Jedi Force, that's the series with R2 and 3PO, and it's more kid-friendly.

El Chuxter
12-22-2005, 12:37 AM
Force Battlers are actually pretty cool, though. They're a useless line, but well done. The choppers just look like poopie.

JediTricks
12-22-2005, 12:59 AM
Vader Force Battler is cool, Grievous Force Battler is mega-lame with nearly NO articulation. Samurai goofball armor Obi-Wan is embarassing.

Jayspawn
12-22-2005, 10:36 AM
Yeah, those Custom Choppers are a stupid idea! It goes right up there with making those Star Wars Vans back in the Vintage days. Why?

Hopefully they will just go away (along with the Transformers).

Kidhuman
12-23-2005, 11:49 AM
Well, I just laid my eyes upon these things today. OMG, these things will make an onion cry. They are horrid. They look like complete and utter crap. The next thing you will see is a new SW.com exclusive of the American Chopper boys on these wiht lightsabers.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-23-2005, 02:34 PM
How many lines are there now? Let's see:
*Basic figures
*Jedi Force
*Force Battlers
*Unleashed
*Unleashed Battlepacks
*Attacktix
*Galactic Heroes
*Transformers
*Custom Choppers

And I'm probably forgetting a few, and there's also the non-Hasbro lines. That's insane! Just stick with the damn basic figures, and maybe one or two others.

Jargo
03-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Milk it Hasbro c'mon milk it good. you like that dontcha baby, milk it long and slow oh yeah........

Hasbro bought a cash cow with star wars.

jedi master sal
03-14-2006, 01:09 PM
Hasbro bought a cash cow with star wars.

Too bad for them the milk turned sour...