PDA

View Full Version : Something unbelievable happenned today

vader121
12-21-2005, 12:14 PM
Check this out,

I swear to almighty God that this is true. Am not making this up.

I went to a local Supermarket today and I noticed a table was set up in the entranceway with some toys on it. I roam over to take a look and quickly notice that many of the toys are older toys. I then see to my absolute surprise a vintage ROTJ Yoda unpunched and in very good condition. As I am looking at this the guy asks me if I have a newspaper subscription to the local paper. I don't. The catch is to sign up for a year subscription to the Sunday paper at $1.25/week (sunday paper is normally $2). Well, I signed up and walked away with the carded Yoda. He also let me take another item so I grabbed a carded Welcome Back Kotter Horshack figure.

Christmas miracle!

Captain Spoon
12-21-2005, 01:53 PM
:shocked:.........................................

Ji'dai
12-21-2005, 06:45 PM
'Course, the real shocker here is that they still print newspapers. And people read them, imagine that! How quaint.

I didn't know they made Kotter figures. Who made them, Mego?

decadentdave
12-21-2005, 08:44 PM
I'd sign up... only if they gave me a MIB Biosonic Six Million Dollar Man! :)

bobafrett
12-21-2005, 09:57 PM
I'd sign up... only if they gave me a MIB Biosonic Six Million Dollar Man! :)

Are you talking about the 12" figure they had out in the 70's? I had one, it was awesome. :yes:

Kidhuman
12-22-2005, 12:15 AM
Very swet deal. I would have signed up too, then canceled when I got home.

vader121
12-22-2005, 07:23 AM
I'm about 95% sure that the Kotter figures were made by Mego. The price tag on it is $1.97 and it's from 1976. Very reasonable unless it was on sale.

The Yoda is an unpunched C8.5 or better ROTJ (2nd photo) carded figure with the brown snake. :thumbsup:

I asked the guy if he had more like it and he wasn't sure and that they had 'boxes of toys'. One can only dream. :razz:

The deal was actually for the sunday paper only which is really all I want as that has the sale slingers in it. Need to keep an eye out for Star Wars sales.

Fluke Skywalker
12-24-2005, 04:20 AM
:D Wow, that's pretty amazing.

mabudonicus
12-24-2005, 07:38 AM
that's not a bad deal at all, man!
And yes, MEGO for sure made the WBK figures