PDA

View Full Version : SSG Podcast?

DarthQuack
12-22-2005, 01:43 PM
After talking about it with a few other board members, I had thought about creating a Podcast about Star Wars starring none other than great forum members from SSG! Anyone have any thoughts about this or have a clue how we could do it? Think there would be a demand for it? Pour in the thoughts, I think it would be pretty cool if we could develop this. For those of you that don't know what Podcasts are, they are kind of like radio shows where we could discuss collecting and other topics determined by listeners as well as ourselves. And you would be able to download it through iTunes for your iPod or other MP3 player I believe....Give me some feedback!!

CaptainSolo1138
12-22-2005, 01:48 PM
I think that'd be a cool idea, DQ. I'm not sure how the whole shabang works, but I'd for sure try to be a part of it.

Kidhuman
12-22-2005, 02:03 PM
First thing would be getting all the recordings. How could that come about? I would be down for it.

sith_killer_99
12-22-2005, 02:16 PM
I have been looking into creating my own podcasts. I downloaded a program called "Audacity" for recording my podcasts, then convert them into MP3 format.

The biggest thing is finding somewhere to store the podcasts for downloading.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-23-2005, 08:09 PM
Would everyone have the chance to do their own recordings, or what? Would it be an open-ended discussion, or what? Anyway, it sounds cool.

Turbowars
12-23-2005, 09:01 PM
As long as JT and Tycho don't have anything to do with it I'm game. We don't need to actually listen to a huge List or our recordings be deleted.:twisted:

SirSteve
12-23-2005, 09:43 PM
Sounds interesting... We would gladly host and support it if were done correctly.

JediTricks
12-24-2005, 02:09 PM
As long as JT and Tycho don't have anything to do with it I'm game. We don't need to actually listen to a huge List or our recordings be deleted.:twisted:
Heh heh heh. :D

DarthQuack
12-24-2005, 06:39 PM
If someone knows how it could be done that would help a lot, I'm still looking into research online, but the main jist would be have 4-5 people that can talk with each other about different topics. We could have guest speakers and have people send in emails with questions as well. I got the idea because I listen to MuggleCast which is affiliated with Harry Potter (insert laughter here). And they have 3-4 people talking about different things about the movies and books, and I thought it would work well with Star Wars obviously because there is endless things to discuss. Any other thoughts?

Kidhuman
12-24-2005, 06:51 PM
I have unlimited long distance and three way calling, so if anyone knows a way to record it, I can get it done.

DarthQuack
12-24-2005, 07:11 PM
I'm pretty sure there's a way to record it with Quicktime Pro, which I don't have lol, but I'm sure someone out here has it. Still looking for more information on Apple's website.

InsaneJediGirl
06-10-2010, 12:00 AM
So what ever happened to this concept? Seems really cool, especially since Skype could be used, in addition to other systems that make contacting those at great distances cheap or free.

I'd join in, just not sure what exactly goes into actually making a podcast(even though I listen to enough of them)

DarthQuack
06-10-2010, 09:53 AM
I actually made an episode once for NintendoAge....we used Skype as well as a recording add on to record the call. You can have up to 7-8 members on.

JediTricks
06-10-2010, 03:35 PM
This is what happens, generally. The same thing just happened on my transformers site, everybody got all ramped up, and I was gonna use Skype to do it, but then there's no real drive to actually do the managing that makes it happen.

If I were involved, I would have to speak slowly and think carefully, I tend to swear a lot when I get casual on the phone. ;)

InsaneJediGirl
06-10-2010, 09:57 PM
If I were involved, I would have to speak slowly and think carefully, I tend to swear a lot when I get casual on the phone. ;)

I curse like a sailor once I'm loosened up and I know everyone, so I'd have the same problem. At work I find myself monitoring what I super closely to most people.

Tycho
06-12-2010, 03:40 AM

No. I could do the special pannel discussion on Mouse Droid Sniffing (this really includes all the new action figures that are good to inhale fresh out of the packaging). :Yes:

I'm not crazy. There is a great demand for this out there, I'm sure!

Then we could do a special on Skype, The Illum Chef, and cook and eat action figures in a live internet special. I bet JabbaJohnL would help me.

Ohhh! We can also do a special where we capture JediTricks and El Chuxter and tie them to chairs and force them to watch both Transformers movies and the new GI Joe one back to back while we heat Mouse Droids in water over a pannel of food warmers in front of them. This would be the most original content on the internet!