PDA

View Full Version : Helmets shipping?

CooLJoE
12-22-2005, 09:18 PM
I recently saw a charge to my credit card that was quite large and was one I don't remember making. Turns out StarWarsShop had made the charge because one of my orders came in stock. The order was for the Master Replicas CloneTrooper Star Corps Helmet. I was under the impression that it wouldn't be out until early 2006, and even StarWarsShop's site says Jan 2006.

Can we get an official word from Master Replicas on whether they are shipping or not? It would be much appreciated.

CooLJoE
12-23-2005, 08:25 AM
I emailed StarWarsShop customer service to ask if it really was in stock or if it was a system glitch (like maybe they left it as Dec 2005 and the computers switched it to In Stock when late Dec 2005 hit and then decided to charge my card because of that), but no answer yet.

However I checked my email and I got a message from them with tracking information saying it shipped out yesterday. I'm a bit leary though because the package says its only 2.0 lbs. I don't know about you guys, but I expect a helmet with display and numbered plaque to be a bit heavier than 2.0 lbs.

I'll let you all know when it arrives. Tracking info says next Tuesday (yay, I paid for 2-day shipping to have it ship Thursday and not arrive til Tuesday :frus:. I know I know....its the holidays and shipping sucks right now).

Jayspawn
12-23-2005, 10:30 AM
I wasnt aware that any of the Helmets (Clone helmets) were ready yet. Be sure to give us an update. Mystery charges are interesting arnt they?

Jayspawn
12-24-2005, 06:12 PM
It turns out that you would be correct CooLJoe! The MR BLOG confirms that the Star Corps Helmet (Yellow Felucia helmet) is shipping and arriving on doorsteps!

CooLJoE
12-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Hmmm. I'm still worried by the fact that the tracking information says its 2.0 lbs. I expect a heavier package for all thats included (Helmet, Plaque, Display piece).

BTW, where is the MR Blog?

Jayspawn
12-26-2005, 09:44 AM
Go to the main page. And in the bottom left corner is a bar that says MR BLOG. There it is.

http://masterreplicas.com/customer/index.php?cookie_check=1

CooLJoE
12-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Yeah I did a search like 10 minutes after I posted asking about it, and found the page.

As for today..

WOOHOO!

Helmet arrived in a nice MR box, helmet surrounded in foam sheet wrap with formed-foam halves holding the helmet and stand, and a nice MR envelope with cert of auth, catalog, various other papers about the helmet/MR, and the plaque. I got #454 of 600 (although it doesn't say "of 600" or anything suggesting a 600 helmet limit).

I'm geeked. I can't wait til the regular version and Special Ops version arrive in January. I'm still wishing I had preordered the red Shock Trooper helmet, but oh well. 3 of the 4 is still damn good.

kingyeti
12-27-2005, 01:36 PM
i just recieved mine like ten minutes ago. i will say this is the absolute most awesome thing i've ever owned. i even like it better than my saber collection. good job! Master Replicas! i can't wait to get my duel Vader helmet. i got #331.

Jayspawn
12-27-2005, 07:48 PM
I'm glad to hear some good reviews on these! If any of you guys are able to post pictures of yours, please do!

kingyeti
12-28-2005, 10:34 PM
i just got confirmation onJan 9th shipping date for the SS Vader helmet.for some reason the duel sig isn't processing yet even though they're both on the same order. very strange. i called but no one could give me an answer why.

decadentdave
12-29-2005, 07:48 PM
I canceled my order for this when I read that it was not weathered like the product image shown on StarWarsShop.com. Sounds like you guys that got one are happy with them but looking at the images on MR's blog look to clean. What do you guys think? Clean or dirty? I hope they make weathered versions of these at some point.

kingyeti
12-29-2005, 08:18 PM
its definetly a nice helmet. i got mine two days ago. i would have preferred it to be weathered but i'll take it the way it is. maybe i could weather it myself in the future. i don't think it would hurt its value and could easily be done with an airbrush.

CooLJoE
12-30-2005, 12:55 AM
Either one works for me. If they make dirty versions later on, I'd grab em. Although I'm hoping they go through all the clean versions first (star corps, spec ops, shock troop, regular, camo, pilot, etc).

Jayspawn
12-30-2005, 10:56 AM
I'd get either helmet. Doesnt matter to me -they look sweet!!!

I'm actually holding out for the Stormtrooper or Boba Fett helmets.

Markimus
01-01-2006, 06:10 PM
I got my Star Corp helmet ! It looks sweet. It's really large and impressive looking on display. My number is in the 130's. Even the box for these helmets is nice !

CooLJoE
01-03-2006, 06:41 AM
Well according to MR's Blog, the Vader helmets are now shipping. They also mention that Shocktrooper and Clonetrooper helmets are shipping, but I have not recieved anything from StarWarsShop saying that the Clonetrooper helmet is shipping yet. Did anyone that ordered a Shocktrooper helmet get notification?

And according to StarWarsShop, the Special Ops helmet ships Jan 2006. The Clonetrooper helmet says the same thing on their site, although MR's site says Feb/March 2006. MR's site has no info about the Shock or SpecOps in their products section.

Jayspawn
01-03-2006, 10:13 AM
I havnt heard of the Shock Trooper Helmets arriving. But I figure MR has to have their hands full getting ALL the helmets out at the same time.

D'oh! If only I wasnt holding out for the Stormtrooper or Boba Fett.

CooLJoE
01-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Well according to some eBay auctions. The shocktrooper people should have gotten a notification (from MR) about theirs shipping on the 9th. The special ops one is being claimed (on ebay auctions) to be shipping the 11th.

Personally, financially, I'm hoping the special ops doesn't ship for a couple weeks, and then the regular clone helmet ship a couple weeks after that.

Markimus
01-03-2006, 06:32 PM
Feel free to sell me yours if you have spent too much !

Jayspawn
01-06-2006, 06:32 PM
StarWarsShop.com has the Star Corps helmet In Stock for the general public. I'm still tempted to get one (but must be strong -wait for Boba, wait for Stormtrooper).

kingyeti
01-10-2006, 06:39 PM
so does anyone think the Vader and clonetrooper helmets will actually ship this week? i got a notice on the 28th saying they would. i'm friggin dying of anticipation. anyone else?:twisted::D:cry:

decadentdave
01-10-2006, 07:03 PM
Yes I think so. I would venture to guess that the reason why they were delayed had more to do with financial reasons then production delays. I think MR waited until the new year to ship them so it would apply as revenue for this year rather than last. I think they are juggling the books for tax purposes. I can see why they might want to do that from a business perspective.

Besides, I got a message on my answering machine from the credit card company wanting to confirm an authorization. They tend to get nervous whenever big charges are made.

CooLJoE
01-11-2006, 03:02 AM
Might be another week or two for the clone trooper helmets (regular and spec ops anyways). I emailed StarWarsShop about the specific release dates and they replied back saying those 2 helmets were pushed back to late January.

kingyeti
01-14-2006, 11:15 AM
i just got off the phone with MR customer service and they said both my orders, the Obi EE and the dual sig Vader and LE Vader helmet were ready but still haven't shipped. she said they were expected to ship next week but both of my Vader helmets wouldn't ship at the same time. the dual sig Vader wouldn't ship until later. this really sucks since this is what i'm anticipating the most. MR really needs to focus on changing this waiting for everything problem they seem to keep having. it can definitley drive a person insane.my wife thinks i'm losing it. i showed her some forums where people feel the same as me and i thinks she understands a little bit but was amazed at how many collecting nuts are out there. i told her its no different than her shopping addiction, just a better investment.

Jayspawn
01-14-2006, 06:03 PM
Both Vader helmets?

kingyeti
01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
yes. both Vader helmets. one is a gift for a long time friend and fan.

Jayspawn
01-19-2006, 10:55 AM
MR reports that the Red Shocktrooper Helmets are now shipping. I'm kind of curious to see what the Ebay prices will be on this one.

You'll have to post some pictures of your Vader Helmet kingyeti!

Fwad
01-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Someone on another site posted pictures of Shocktrooper Helmet #1. It looks great. The Obi Elite will be in my hands later today.

nash
01-19-2006, 04:17 PM
The Shock Trooper helmet is absolutely stunning! Im not even a helmet collector but I think I will have to bypass my search for an Obi AFBB and pick up this helmet instead! WOW!

Jayspawn
01-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Agreed nash. I'm trying hard to resist the temptation!

nash
01-20-2006, 12:59 AM
Jay, I know what you mean....but I dont think we can do it. It is a really stunning helmet and who doesnt like a little diversity in their collection. We are in trouble!

Have you gotten hooked on Sideshows SW and LOTR 12" line like I have? God I swear my bank is really going to be hurting this year!

Jayspawn
01-20-2006, 01:08 AM
Yeah I'm into the 12" figures. Cant wait to order Kit tomorrow!

My bank is doing summersults. I'm in the process of moving on top of all these high-end items! :cross-eye