PDA

View Full Version : Episode 3 Obi-Wan will be my first Sideshow character I order

Tycho
12-23-2005, 04:56 AM
My niche in this will be to get stuff they didn't make at Hasbro.

I'm wondering if I should grab that E3 Anakin while I can though? I'm thinking of how my Sideshow Obi-Wan will look fighting that Anakin/Vader conversion kit that Hasbro released.

Some characters like Bespin Han Solo I'll replace. Bespin Leia is on the top of my want-list too.

Mara Jade I'll buy.

The pod cast suggested that those who want to army build with Sideshow stormtroopers will be able to do so. Imagine the sickness that will follow from that (hehe).

Battle Droid
12-23-2005, 05:34 AM
I think I'll only be buying Neimoidians, if they make any that is.

JEDIpartner
12-23-2005, 08:43 AM
Well... Anakin's sold out at this moment. I am definitely picking up Obi-Wan since he is my favourite! I'm sure it will go on sale when I am in Japan or something in the spring and I will completely miss out.

Darth Cruel
12-23-2005, 11:24 AM
The podcast interview on Sideshow's wesite with their Creative Director, Tom Gilliland. States that Episode III Obi-Wan will be the next figure to be released. He gave a little insight as to how they make their choices. He said they like to try to release characters with strong relationships close togther. He said that and the fact that the Jedi are the ones being produced right now makes it a no-brainer (I am paraphrasing).

Uh, mods? A little help deleting this thread...I just saw Tycho's and it is the same info.

Tycho
12-23-2005, 12:54 PM
JP - I think you have to order these online anyway - so you could get yours at a coffee shop in Japan (with Wi-Fi access or something).

You're right. Obi-Wan will be in-demand though.

BattleDroid, a Nute Gunray 12" done right would be "about time already!"

JEDIpartner
12-23-2005, 01:13 PM
You do... but I won't have access to many computers there. Go figure. I don't have a laptop. Really no need for one otherwise. I think my friend Bruce will cover me while I am gone. I think they'll announce this one in February since Luke wasn't that long ago.

Darth Cruel
12-23-2005, 02:32 PM
I wonder if it is too much to hope that the exclusive might be...his clone armor.

NAWWWW! Probably just wishful thinking.

DarkArtist
12-23-2005, 02:40 PM
I really hope they re-release some of these since they sold out over night it seems. I loved the Leia and the Anakin, just hope they re-due the Luke, wasn't crazy about the face.

Darth Cruel
12-23-2005, 03:46 PM
If the two interviews I read or listened to in the last two days are any indication...not a chance between Heaven and Hell.

Blue2th
12-23-2005, 06:24 PM
If these characters have really good articulation and posability, I might just have to display Anakin and Obi-Wan loose fighting each other. But that would mean I would have to buy another of each unless I open the exclusives. That's a tough call hmm.

Turbowars
12-25-2005, 12:01 AM
Not really. Just take care of the boxes and keep the figures in a display case.

Jayspawn
12-28-2005, 09:31 AM
I also cant wait for Episode III Obi-Wan. I'll be one of the 1st in line!

(cant wait till Sideshow does Palpatine!)