PDA

View Full Version : The Hollywood Reporter Awards Season Issue

stillakid
12-23-2005, 12:08 PM
Couldn't "submit news" so this goes here...

I'm not sure if this is still available on newsstands...I found a copy laying around at work yesterday. This insert (below) is (was) inside the regular issue. It's dated December 13-19, 2005 as the "Awards Season Crafts Preview."

The insert opens up to a two page "spread" and triggers an internal speaker with Darth Vader breathing. The inside has the "consider" listings for Best Supporting Actor, Art Direction, Sound Mixing, Sound Editing, Costume Design, Visual Effects, and Makeup for ROTS. The next page has a picture of Padme highlighting Trisya Biggar's "consideration." The back cover has an ultra closeup of Grevious's eyes highlighting the Visual Effects category.

Very cool.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-23-2005, 01:24 PM
Starwars.com had an article on this a few weeks ago. Thanks for the info, though. :)

That was a terrible choice for the Vader picture; they should've used the symmetrical ROTS one for such a close-up.

JediTricks
12-23-2005, 03:23 PM
I thought they said it was gonna be a 5-page spread. I ended up forgetting all about this issue, it hit newsstands on the 13th and I just absent-mindedly neglected to buy it.