PDA

View Full Version : SS is making a LOTR 12" line & that spells out great news for us STAR WARS collectors

Turbowars
12-25-2005, 10:18 AM
Do not delete.

Here's the thing, since many of the LOTR's figures are little people, that means SS will have to make smaller bodies. That means we might get Jawas, Ugnaughts and any other small figures they want to make. Since the listened to the Podcast and the mention that R2 and 3PO will be possible, I think we will get just about anything we want. It might take 15+ years, but as long as there's a market SS will make them for us. If we can buy them or not is a different topic.:pleased:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=122505lotr12inch

Darth Cruel
12-26-2005, 12:05 AM
And it is also great news for us LOTR fans!

Turbowars
12-26-2005, 09:43 AM
I agree!

You know I never collected any of the LOTR figures. I liked them and always looked at them at the stores, but just didn't want to get involved in another toy line. I only collect SW now and I might pick up the occasional Horror film figure, but I don't stray far.

With that said I might just collect these SS LOTR figures. I know they will be stellar. Their clothing will be magnificent, but I bet they will cost more than the new SW line. We will see.

decadentdave
12-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Gee Darth Cruel, I figured you'd chime in with a negative about how Sideshow is going to make them so limited like the Star Wars 12" that you won't even be able to get them. lol

Jayspawn
12-26-2005, 10:51 PM
I figured Sideshow would start making 12" figures eventually.

I'll tell you this though. I'll be the 1st to preorder a 12" Saruman the White!

Turbowars
12-26-2005, 11:03 PM
Hate to break it too you Jay, but side has been making 12" figures for a long time.:pleased:

So do you think the hobbits will be packed in pairs? Like Frodo and Sam and Pippin and Merry. Who would Bilbo be with? This collection should be fun.

Darth Cruel
12-27-2005, 05:29 AM
Gee Darth Cruel, I figured you'd chime in with a negative about how Sideshow is going to make them so limited like the Star Wars 12" that you won't even be able to get them. lol

I thought about that. And I do and will have an problem with Sideshow's availability until that is no longer an issue. That and the cost are the only issues I have with them at this point. I still maintain that they would make more money by knocking even just a few dollars off the price and making 25-50 thousand available instead of fewer than ten thousand. We'll see if I have any issues with quality after I actually have one of the figures in-hand and can look at it. Considering Sideshow's outstanding (although imperfect) reputation, I don't forsee that.

That being said, I am confident that the figures will be just about the best, if not the best figures they can be because they are being done by Sideshow. I can't think of any other outfit that would do a better a job than Sideshow can. Maybe as good, but not better.

Jayspawn
12-27-2005, 06:39 PM
Sideshow has never made a 12" Lord of the Rings figure to date. Thats why they are announcing it.

Turbowars
12-27-2005, 07:31 PM
I know, I was messing with you. You made it sound like SS never made 12" figures before.

zakkattakk
12-27-2005, 08:39 PM
That line is cool. But I need to concentrate on the SW line.

. .
V

ravi0007
12-30-2005, 09:00 AM
I for one will be collecting both the SW and LOTR line. It's going to be painful on the wallet, but I'll get a 2nd job if I have to