PDA

View Full Version : Saga Fett is not just a straight repaint.

Turbowars
12-27-2005, 08:54 PM
I know many already know, but I just want to take the time and tell you all what he is since I have him.

He's a Gray repaint
His waist and legs are from the VOTC Fett with full articulation.
Torso, arms and head is the Older Saga figure,
Old Action feature.
Old action feature button has been replaced with a nice looking rocket.
Comes with older gun and jetpack fire effect.All in all I think this is a nice figure and well worth picking up. The cards great as well. My Fett came with a Holo Fett, which make it even better.

sith_killer_99
12-27-2005, 09:21 PM
Hey my Fett came with a Fett as well.

Actually it came with a Stormtrooper, but they are both clones right?!?!;) :D :yes: :thumbsup: :love: :twisted:

Jayspawn
12-28-2005, 12:41 AM
I'm a sucker for Boba Fett -so I'm gonna pick one up.

Kidhuman
12-28-2005, 02:22 AM
I am gonna pick it up if it has these changes. I am glad its not a repaint.

Rogue II
12-28-2005, 12:15 PM
Are his arms still kind of floppy from the action feature like the Saga version?

TheDarthVader
12-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Sadly, the retooled repainted Boba Fett is the best figure in Wave 1.

B.
TDV

Rogue II
12-28-2005, 02:05 PM
Since I trust Turbowars' reveiws, I'll pick up Boba Fett. I was afraid to get it because the Saga Boba Fett was terrible. I ordered it from Kebco and never saw it retail. When it arrived, I was dissapointed.

B.
TDV

I haven't seen all the figures in this wave in person yet. My wife was at the store without me when she bought me the Leia, Han, and Bib Fortuna. I told her to skip Chewbaca, Barada, and Boba Fett because I thought they were just repaints/repacks. Leia is ok and I wasn't impressed by Bib Fortuna or Han. But, even my 4 year old questioned the Cabonite Block that came with Han. She asked why is it red. How am I supposed to answer that? I told her it was when the block was melting. She tried to put Han in the block like the POTF2 version, but realized it didn't work, so she put it down and played with the holograms instead.

ROTJLuke
12-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Im glad that I preordered these, I think Im getting 2 Fetts? :)

Turbowars
12-28-2005, 07:31 PM

B.
TDVWhat? Leia ROCKS! So does Bib. Well Bib's really just a statue, but he's cool. Han's kind of a dud though.

Turbowars
12-28-2005, 07:34 PM
Are his arms still kind of floppy from the action feature like the Saga version?Yeah they are the same as the Saga version. the figure will at least stand right with the VOTC legs.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-28-2005, 07:34 PM
"Saga Fett is not just a straight repaint."

Oh, so he swings both ways? :D

I still don't know whether I'll get this . . . I haven't found any 2006 figures yet at all, but I don't really need this Fett for any of my scenes.

Turbowars
12-28-2005, 07:38 PM
"Saga Fett is not just a straight repaint."

Oh, so he swings both ways? :D

I still don't know whether I'll get this . . . I haven't found any 2006 figures yet at all, but I don't really need this Fett for any of my scenes.Don't make JT or Kid throw this thread in the PIT!:thumbsup:

Bacta Beast
12-28-2005, 07:42 PM
I liked the Liea also, but I'm really dissapointed by Bib! Han doesn't dissapoint me as much because the pictures didn't lead me to expect anymore. But I do wish they would have at lest given him ball joint shoulders and articulated knees. Ankles would have been great. But someone has got to tell Hasbroke that these angle cut elbow joints have got to go!

Kidhuman
12-28-2005, 08:42 PM
Don't make JT or Kid throw this thread in the PIT!:thumbsup:

Too late.

Made ya look at the top to be sure didnt I....

sith_killer_99
12-28-2005, 10:09 PM
Hehehe...

PIT! PIT! PIT! :yes:

Turbowars
12-30-2005, 06:20 PM
This Fett has a variation already. One has the fire packed in front of him and the other is packed behind.

Slicker
12-31-2005, 12:33 AM
This Fett has a variation already. One has the fire packed in front of him and the other is packed behind.Here we go. So now if you're a mega completist you're gonna have like 12 of just this Fett. One of each variation with one of each holo. I love it.

Brodie_Bruce
01-01-2006, 03:01 PM
I was really surprised when I opened this figure,as I expected to hate it,as I have done the previous versions,but to be honest,this is now my favorite figure of the wave!its amazing what a new set of legs and new paint job can do.

TheDarthVader
01-03-2006, 08:31 PM
I wonder which fett will be harder to find? I am guessing that it would be the first one: the one packed with the fire behind him. I don't know...

B.
TDV

Kidhuman
01-04-2006, 12:10 AM
I found both at the same time, but they had two of the behind fire ones and one of the front....

Jayspawn
01-05-2006, 12:22 AM
Finally found the new Fett this morning. Have to say he's pretty nice. I like the extra ROTJ base he comes with. He's a great looking figure -the paint job is fantastic. It would be nice if the arms had an extra joint or 2 but thats ok. I buy all the Boba Fetts that come out (you know everybody does) regardless, hes one of the better ones.

Turbowars
01-05-2006, 02:56 PM
The one that has the fired packed in front of Fett is the 1st release. At least that's what the date code says.

TheDarthVader
01-05-2006, 07:52 PM
The one that has the fired packed in front of Fett is the 1st release. At least that's what the date code says.

How can this be? I have a friend that works at WM and one that works at TRU. They informed me when the new cases came in, and all of the fetts had the fire packed behind him.

B.
TDV

Turbowars
01-05-2006, 10:26 PM
1st release fire infront 52411
2nd release fire behind 52901

JediTricks
01-06-2006, 04:11 PM
Turbo, thanks for the info on those dates, that adds to my theory that the fire in front ones were simply factory packing mistakes rather than true variants, I haven't heard they changed the tray on 'em.

TDV, just because a case arrives a store earlier doesn't mean it's an earlier case, in fact often the earlier cases hit stores AFTER the later ones because they were packed deeper in the shipping containers. Hasbro puts more than 1 week's worth of cases in containers, and the retailers' warehouses distribute them in odd fashions, so the store-level shelving is not a good way to judge which week's cases came first.

TheDarthVader
01-06-2006, 05:07 PM
Turbo, thanks for the info on those dates, that adds to my theory that the fire in front ones were simply factory packing mistakes rather than true variants, I haven't heard they changed the tray on 'em.

TDV, just because a case arrives a store earlier doesn't mean it's an earlier case, in fact often the earlier cases hit stores AFTER the later ones because they were packed deeper in the shipping containers. Hasbro puts more than 1 week's worth of cases in containers, and the retailers' warehouses distribute them in odd fashions, so the store-level shelving is not a good way to judge which week's cases came first.

Thanks for clarifying the case thing, JT.

B.
TDV

Slicker
01-07-2006, 06:27 PM
I just picked up a Fett today with fire behind and a date stamp of 53041. Don't know if it helps anything but it's posted anyways.:p

JEDIpartner
01-10-2006, 04:43 PM
What? Leia ROCKS! So does Bib. Well Bib's really just a statue, but he's cool. Han's kind of a dud though.

Agreed. I don't need another Boba Fett.