PDA

View Full Version : no SSC 12" grievous

zakkattakk
12-28-2005, 04:02 PM
waaaaaahhhhhh!!!

I was on rebescum forums, and I found out that rebelscum had an interview with SSC dudes and they said they probably won't make a general grievous.

:(

I think they should atleast give it a try, eh?

Battle Droid
12-28-2005, 04:10 PM
Yeah :cry:

Slicker
12-28-2005, 04:51 PM
I don't think they should. Grievous is played out and from the looks of it SS seems to be going for core characters and Grievous is far from a core character. The same with Maul and Jango. I'll be thoroughly upset if they make any of these 3 as Hasbro did good enough with 'em. They should concentrate on human characters since Hasbro just couldn't seem to get human faces right.

JediTricks
12-28-2005, 06:44 PM
Grievous is one of the last figures Hasbro did, if Sideshow did him again right now it'd be too soon. He's not a major enough character to warrant 2 12" figures so close to the movie's release, he's already the newest Darth Maul of the 4" line. I would like to see them try to do a better version down the road, but only after a lot of other figures.

Captain Spoon
12-29-2005, 09:54 AM
Maybe I'm by myself on this one but I think Grevious was a horrible character. I mean he looked coola nd all and had an interesting back story, but the voice/caughing was really anoying and he got wasted by a blaster!!! a frigg'n blaster!!! by a guy who dosn't even normaly wield a gun!

Jayspawn
12-30-2005, 10:46 AM
I liked Grevious a lot, but I think its too soon to do another 12" figure. Theres plenty of characters that need the 12" treatment before he does. It would be good of Sideshow waited a few years.

Darth Cruel
01-06-2006, 04:46 PM
Don't be surprised if SS does a Grievous sometime in the future.

zakkattakk
01-06-2006, 10:08 PM
Maybe I'm by myself on this one but I think Grevious was a horrible character. I mean he looked coola nd all and had an interesting back story, but the voice/caughing was really anoying and he got wasted by a blaster!!! a frigg'n blaster!!! by a guy who dosn't even normaly wield a gun!

Palpatine, greatest of all Sith, also got wasted by a blaster. When he tried to take Anakin Solo, Han shot him in the back, though Han is a marksman.

Jayspawn
01-06-2006, 11:57 PM
Hate to say it but Palpatine was wasted by being hauked down a shaft by Darth Vader.

I bet Sideshow will do a 12" Grevious later down the road. There's plenty of other characters to do in the mean time.

Darth Cruel
01-07-2006, 12:04 AM
Sideshow already has a running start at the figure with the PF Grievous that they are doing. They just need to downsize and articulate it when the time comes in the years to come.

zakkattakk
01-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Hate to say it but Palpatine was wasted by being hauked down a shaft by Darth Vader.

I bet Sideshow will do a 12" Grevious later down the road. There's plenty of other characters to do in the mean time.

Yeah. Palpatine was ressurected numerous times, though. He was finally destroyed by Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, king Brand, and the Jedi Order.

Blue2th
01-22-2006, 09:50 AM
I could see SS doing a Grievous down the road, after they finish the Jedi Order. The Hasbro one for the money wasn't too bad, but is not to scale, and not as detailed as SS could make it. (what do we expect for 20 bucks) He would have to be taller, maybe a 13" more weathering detail, more articulation of course. I would pay extra for a good one, just as I am paying extra for the 1/4 scale one. Though I think there are plenty other villans I'm sure they will do first.

JediTricks
01-23-2006, 05:24 PM
Crud, I never put my Grievous figure next to the other 12"ers to see the scale! And I already gave him my 'best 12" of '05' rating.

El Chuxter
01-23-2006, 05:28 PM
Didn't Mara say she wasn't sure the "clones" were actually channeling Palpatine's spirit, since Lucasfilm realized after the fact what a dumb idea it was? :p

zakkattakk
01-23-2006, 05:56 PM
I could see SS doing a Grievous down the road, after they finish the Jedi Order. The Hasbro one for the money wasn't too bad, but is not to scale, and not as detailed as SS could make it. (what do we expect for 20 bucks) He would have to be taller, maybe a 13" more weathering detail, more articulation of course. I would pay extra for a good one, just as I am paying extra for the 1/4 scale one. Though I think there are plenty other villans I'm sure they will do first.

$20? Psshhh. Make that $48.:upset:

Blue2th
01-23-2006, 07:38 PM
Crud, I never put my Grievous figure next to the other 12"ers to see the scale! And I already gave him my 'best 12" of '05' rating.
Sure he's the best 12" we got from Hasbro in '05 in my opinion too, but is obviously too small next to other 12" figures if you like to display loose. Not that you can make the Hasbro Grievous Stand up at all without help because he's so flimsy. Still worth the 20 bucks I paid though.

IG65
01-24-2006, 09:37 AM
Don't forget the fact that he couldn't hold any of his light sabers without a lot of help. He was a classic case of "Good from far, far from good." In the box he was pretty good, but once you took him out you began to realize how many problems he had.

Darth Cruel
01-24-2006, 05:58 PM
Don't forget the fact that he couldn't hold any of his light sabers without a lot of help. He was a classic case of "Good from far, far from good." In the box he was pretty good, but once you took him out you began to realize how many problems he had.

But wait...that cloak looked so good in the box...

JediTricks
01-24-2006, 09:26 PM
I guess so, but scale did count to me (no idea why since clearly Hasbro had NO idea of how to get it right in this line) so it may have been the final nail in the coffin for this fig in my mind... then again, grandma Palps wouldn't have been a good choice.

I always felt that this figure's cloak was the one thing Hasbro did *really* well, it feels and hangs right (though I suppose it's too small thanks to movie physics, a la Batman's cape which sometimes he can wrap himself up in and others where it doesn't go beyond his shoulders).

mm74md
02-27-2008, 08:38 AM
I've been debating on whether or not to fork over hard earned cash on ebay for a Hasbro 12" Grievous to display with my SSC ROTS Obi-Wan. I was never a fan of the Hasbro 12" line (Except Dooku & Jango) so I never picked him up at retail.

Does anyone have pictures of Grievous vs. Obi-Wan? Is Hasbro Grievous really that out of scale?

I really don't mind using the clear rubber bands to hold in the lightsabers.