PDA

View Full Version : obi-wan revealed!!!

zakkattakk
12-30-2005, 12:59 AM
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=123005obkenobi&source=123005news

:D

Reefer Shark
12-30-2005, 02:23 AM
Man, that looks sweet! Sign me up for one.

So far, I'm really digging what Sideshow has done with the 12" line...

ravi0007
12-30-2005, 06:25 AM
Fantastic stuff from SS. Can't wait to get my hands on Obi and Ani. A bit disappointed though with Luke though others may have a different opinion. I wonder what will be included in the Excl version? A baby Luke and Leia? Nope, too much to ask :) Probably the pilot head piece that comes with Red Leader.

JEDIpartner
12-30-2005, 09:15 AM
I am SO happy that this is coming up for ordering so soon!! WHOOOO!!!!

zakkattakk
12-30-2005, 09:55 AM
I'll PPO this. The outer tunic is a bit off and the head might be a tad bit off too, but for EWAN MCGREGOR, they got one great sculpt!

zakkattakk
12-30-2005, 09:56 AM
:) Probably the pilot head piece that comes with Red Leader.

Probably so.:yes:

Captain Spoon
12-30-2005, 09:59 AM
what I think is cool about it is that it dosn't look exactly like Ewan, but if you take a picture of him, and the pic of the premium format Alec Guiness Obi, it looks almost like a hybrid of the 2, I could just be off my rocker and seeing things, but I think it is sweet.

zakkattakk
12-30-2005, 10:15 AM
what I think is cool about it is that it dosn't look exactly like Ewan, but if you take a picture of him, and the pic of the premium format Alec Guiness Obi, it looks almost like a hybrid of the 2, I could just be off my rocker and seeing things, but I think it is sweet.

I thought the same thing. If you back away from your computer, he looks even more like ewan!

ravi0007
12-30-2005, 10:24 AM
I thought the same thing. If you back away from your computer, he looks even more like ewan!

Like most SS pics, its probably from a prototype

Jayspawn
12-30-2005, 10:43 AM
You're not off your rocker Captain Spoon. It looks just like Sir Alec! Fantastic face sculpt! I'll be getting one for sure!!!!

I wonder what the next one will be?

zakkattakk
12-30-2005, 10:45 AM
I'll bet it's Mace Windu.

Captain Spoon
12-30-2005, 11:52 AM
All I know is is SS keeps this up I will have to officialy stop buying Hasbro products, These things are too good to pass up but at $50 bucks a whack they will take their toll eventualy :D

Darth Cruel
12-30-2005, 12:35 PM
This sculpt works perfectly for a transition between the prequel and the OT Obi-Wan. But I would love to eventually get an EI, EII, EIII, and OT Obi Wan for a side-by-side Evolutions-style comparison.

And it should come as no surprise to anyone that there is such a short time between figures. They have to get at least 8 out through the year so that is about a few days more than 6 weeks on average per figure.

This is going to kill me when the LOTR figures start.

And I do hope that the exclusive accessory is not the pilot's head piece. That will completely ruin the intra-figure symetry between Obi-Wan and Anakin for me.

zakkattakk
12-30-2005, 04:07 PM
All I know is is SS keeps this up I will have to officialy stop buying Hasbro products, These things are too good to pass up but at $50 bucks a whack they will take their toll eventualy :D

Thats what I did. After 12" POS grievous, I stopped buying hasbro products once and for all.:yes:

DarkArtist
12-30-2005, 04:39 PM
I not digging the head sculpt of this one. looks like he trying to pass gas or something, way to ****ed off. I wish they chose a better head for Luke as well. The only one I liked so far was Leia.

JediTricks
12-30-2005, 05:46 PM
The eyes are set very deep, that's probably why you think it looks that way. I sorta see it too, but I don't know if I dislike it. I think it's good, I'll be preordering it, but I think it does fall into the same trap that other Obi-Wan figures, especially prequel ones, in that the beard is thicker than it should be because it's difficult to get the thinner hair concept.

Turbowars
12-30-2005, 06:02 PM
I like it, looks good. I'll have my wife ready to go on Friday.

As for the next in line and if it's PT and it'a a Jedi, I'd like to see Plo Koon. If it OT I'd like to see a Hoth Han or Leia.

Sith Lord 0498
12-30-2005, 07:32 PM
I like it, looks good. I'll have my wife ready to go on Friday.

As for the next in line and if it's PT and it'a a Jedi, I'd like to see Plo Koon. If it OT I'd like to see a Hoth Han or Leia.

I have a strong feeling the next two figures in Series 1 (Order of the Jedi) will be Mace Windu then Qui-Gon Jinn. Yoda will probably then close out the series, giving Sideshow more time to design Yoda (likely with the smaller bodies they'll have to built for the LOTR line).

From the way it sounded on the Sideshow podcast, Series 2 will likely be "The Militaries of Star Wars", and that can go on for quite a while with repaints of the ROTS Clonetrooper (although hopefully they'll released them all around the same time instead of delaying different figures).

Series 3 and 4 (keep in mind, this is all personal speculation) will probably be "Order of the Sith" (Vader, Maul, Sidious, Dooku, Asajj Ventress)and "Rogues and Bounty Hunters" (Han, Greedo, Lando, Boba Fett, etc.)

Jayspawn
12-30-2005, 07:37 PM
Man, I'd love a Grand Moff Tarkin in a Militaries line (I'm having visions of it now).

Sith Lord 0498
12-31-2005, 12:20 PM
Man, I'd love a Grand Moff Tarkin in a Militaries line (I'm having visions of it now).

When I heard the "Militaries of Star Wars" name for a future series of figures, I automatically imagined the armored troops and pilots of Star Wars. I never thought about military officers like Tarkin. I really think that'd be a good inclusion to the line. It's not a figure I'd buy, but I can imagine there are a great many collectors who share your enthusiasm for a Sideshow 12 inch Grand Moff Tarkin.

Darth Cruel
01-02-2006, 04:00 PM
I am very curious about what is coming next. If they are doing 8-10 figures per year, and have 5 different Star Wars lines, and the first three were all OOJ, when do they do figures from the other lines? Next Year? Do we get one line per year and then have to wait 5 years for more in that line? Or do they have an overall priority list that transcends the lines and possibly jumps around.

zakkattakk
01-03-2006, 07:05 PM
I am very curious about what is coming next. If they are doing 8-10 figures per year, and have 5 different Star Wars lines, and the first three were all OOJ, when do they do figures from the other lines? Next Year? Do we get one line per year and then have to wait 5 years for more in that line? Or do they have an overall priority list that transcends the lines and possibly jumps around.

I bet either Mace or Qui-Gon will be next.

JediTricks
01-03-2006, 07:47 PM
OOJ, wow, what an acronym Cruel, yikes.

My guess, and this is totally just instinct, is that they're gonna mix it up, the line is Star Wars and they'll have figures that fit into "Order of the Jedi" followed by totally other concepts, otherwise the EU poll really wouldn't work as we'd be waiting forever to get to Arctic Barbie, I mean, what line would that one be in? "Ineffective Young Republic Senators on Vacation" with Arctic Padme, Peacecorps Mon Mothma, and Disney World Jar Jar?

Darth Cruel
01-04-2006, 03:51 PM
OOJ, wow, what an acronym Cruel, yikes.

My guess, and this is totally just instinct, is that they're gonna mix it up, the line is Star Wars and they'll have figures that fit into "Order of the Jedi" followed by totally other concepts, otherwise the EU poll really wouldn't work as we'd be waiting forever to get to Arctic Barbie, I mean, what line would that one be in? "Ineffective Young Republic Senators on Vacation" with Arctic Padme, Peacecorps Mon Mothma, and Disney World Jar Jar?

HeHeHe - I figured the Star Wars collecting world uses acronyms so much that it was only a matter of time before the 5 SSC (oops, there is another one) lines end up being referred to that way.

You down with OOJ? - Yeah you know me!

Turbowars
01-05-2006, 03:01 PM
I hope they skip Mace. Never liked is character through the movies and I don't really want a bald $50 action figures anyways and no it's not a race thing either.

Darth Cruel
01-05-2006, 03:46 PM
I hope they skip Mace. Never liked is character through the movies and I don't really want a bald $50 action figures anyways and no it's not a race thing either.

I want a Mace (the more Jedi, the better) but I was not very thrilled with the way SLJ played him. He was a little too "Shafty" for me. There are 3 or 4 hundred figures that could easily be prioritized over Shaft Windu.

Turbowars
01-05-2006, 07:26 PM
I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one.

I have always thought Jedi were boring and I hope the Jedi wave passes quick!

Jayspawn
01-06-2006, 10:56 AM
The Jedi are awesome! And Mace is the BMF! I personally cant wait for the baddies -but I want the Jedi too and if thats what we're getting first then bring em on!

BlueSnags
01-06-2006, 01:01 PM
Just pre-ordered Obi-Wan. Didn't get a chance to see what the exclusive accessory was in my rush to get an order in. Anyone know what it is?

EDIT: Looks like it's the GREVIOUS BLASTER.

Anyway, the ordering process was a little bit better this time. Took about 5-6 min last time, took around a min this time around.

Jayspawn
01-06-2006, 01:05 PM
The site isnt loading for me!

Aliencowthatmoos
01-06-2006, 01:16 PM
I am not impressed by their "site improvements."

Gah! Now it will load, but it's telling me that this item is not available for preorder yet. This should not be a difficult process.

K M Toydarian
01-06-2006, 01:22 PM
After 30 minutes of trying to get the site to load in the first place, then the login page, then priority item page, the Obi Wan product page finally came up. Once I was in the system, every step from there worked fine, but made me nervous till the confirmation.
I was able to order the exclusive - Grevious Blaster, but it was still a nightmare getting through. At least Obi is 49.99.

ravi0007
01-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Finally got mine too! Difficult at first, though. Kept getting errors :)

Jayspawn
01-06-2006, 01:24 PM
This is BS! I almost got in and timed out! AAARRRRRGGGGGGH!!!!

Jayspawn
01-06-2006, 01:31 PM
Damn You Sideshow!!!!

Darth Cruel
01-06-2006, 01:34 PM
Got it! YES!

JediTricks
01-06-2006, 01:38 PM
Well, from 9:55am to 10:16am, I dealt with their system giving me connection errors and time-outs, occasionally moving me 1 step closer into the process. Unfortunately, the login page didn't have my username cookied and I wasn't sure on the capitalization I had used, but I took my risk and turned out I was right, a few minutes later it let me in and a minute after that the preorder took. My email came a few minutes after I confirmed my checkout order, but SirSteve who got his preorder in before me still hasn't gotten his confirmation email (he has his confirm # from the website at least tho'), so I guess it's hit-or-miss on the emails too right now.

edit: BTW, only *after* I confirmed the preorder did the actual page with the photos load, how lame is that??? :p

BlueSnags
01-06-2006, 01:39 PM
Damn You Sideshow!!!!

Try this link:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=21171 (http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=21171)

JEDIpartner
01-06-2006, 01:40 PM
No troubles here... just a little slow loading. I got mine wrapped up by 1:06pm. Yeah...

Anyhow... here's a little MONTAGE (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/JEDIpartner/Star%20Wars%20Toys/Obi-WanSSMontage.jpg) of photos for you to peruse whilst the site is slow.

Jayspawn
01-06-2006, 01:41 PM
This blows! What the hell is going on????

Captain Spoon
01-06-2006, 01:42 PM
WooHoo got one!. I had to call and get it. The phones are worse that the web. Improvements my ***!!!. They need to take the 1.5 million in sales they have from the 1st 3 figures and buy some new servers

K M Toydarian
01-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Well, from 9:55am to 10:16am, I dealt with their system giving me connection errors and time-outs, occasionally moving me 1 step closer into the process. My email came a few minutes after I confirmed my checkout order, but SirSteve who got his preorder in before me still hasn't gotten his confirmation email (he has his confirm # from the website at least tho'), so I guess it's hit-or-miss on the emails too right now.
:p

Same ordeal here, but have not received confirmation email yet either. Have the pages open still just in case.

JEDIpartner
01-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Ready for Action! (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/JEDIpartner/Star%20Wars%20Toys/Action1.jpg)
Head Detail (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/JEDIpartner/Star%20Wars%20Toys/Head.jpg)
Sporting the exclusive edition Grievous blaster (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/JEDIpartner/Star%20Wars%20Toys/WithBlaster.jpg)
Belt detail (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/JEDIpartner/Star%20Wars%20Toys/BeltDetail.jpg)

The 12-inch Obi-Wan figure includes:

Authentic likeness of Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan from Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Fully articulated male body with 30+ points of articulation
Authentic costume including:
Undershirt
Vest
Tunic
Pants
Sash
Hooded Jedi Robe
Boots
Accessories including:
Detailed belt w/ opening pouches and lightsaber clip
Jedi Aqua Breather
Jedi Food Capsules
Jedi Holoprojector
Jedi Communicator
Electro-binoculars
Lightsaber hilt
Lightsaber hilt w/ ignited blade
Interchangeable hands:
Saber Grip right hand
Saber Grip left hand
Pistol grip right hand
Force wield left hand
SIDESHOW EXCLUSIVE - General Grievous' blaster
12-Inch Figure Display Base with Star Wars logo

Jayspawn
01-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Does anybody have the phone number available? I cant get the site to load at all!!!

JediTricks
01-06-2006, 01:47 PM
They have a weak CGI system, I suspect, which is bringing their server to its knees with only 2000 unique requests, they're working off a small-time server I guess.

JEDIpartner
01-06-2006, 01:48 PM
I just got onto the site without any delays to get the above information... *shrug*

Jayspawn
01-06-2006, 01:50 PM
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I just got my order placed!!!! God Almighty!

This is what I get for being a High-End Collector!

Sith Lord 0498
01-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Took me nearly an hour of dealing with the same crap as the last time, but my order finally went through. I had to let the computer load the next step in the order process for nearly three minutes each (3 minutes between item page and checkout, 3 more minutes from checkout to billing/shipping info, etc.) I tried calling around 1:30, but all I got were two rings and then a beep followed by "We're sorry, but your service has been interrupted. Please try again."

Ordering improvements my a**!!!! Sideshow's customer service with regards to placing orders are utterly, utterly pitiful. Sad thing is that they don't have any real motivation to commit spending money to change because I doubt very many of us will be boycotting them. They know they've got good products, and there will be collectors climbing over each other to get them.

I'm just glad the exclusives aren't very much different from the regular editions. At least if I ever miss out on an exclusive, I'm not losing too much.

JediTricks
01-06-2006, 01:56 PM
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I just got my order placed!!!! God Almighty!

This is what I get for being a High-End Collector! Well, that renders my PM useless. :D Congrats on finally getting it though.

I'm going to try to have a discussion with Sideshow about this situation soon, see what they say about ordering and edition number concerns.

ravi0007
01-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Excl is SOLD OUT !!!

Sith Lord 0498
01-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Excl is SOLD OUT !!!

Wow!!! I'm really surprised. Anakin hung around for at least a day or two didn't he?? Perhaps the lower price tag had a hand in that.

Captain Spoon
01-06-2006, 02:22 PM
Regular Version avalible Now!!! got one of those also. I had to get one to open this thing is sweet.
P.S. Anakin sold out in 54 minutes last time, then the normal edition went on sale

Darth Cruel
01-06-2006, 02:27 PM
If they started right at 10:00, then all 1750 sold out in 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Sith Lord 0498
01-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Regular Version avalible Now!!! got one of those also. I had to get one to open this thing is sweet.
P.S. Anakin sold out in 54 minutes last time, then the normal edition went on sale

The exclusive Anakin could not have sold out in 54 minutes. I didn't get my order in until around 2:30 pm EST, and the exclusive edition was still available (it's the one I ordered). That was an hour and a half into the pre-ordering window.

JEDIpartner
01-06-2006, 02:42 PM
The Anakin did sell out rather quickly as I ordered mine about two-hours after the initial ordering started. I managed to get the standard version. No big deal. I'm not too crazed about the "hologram" as it doesn't really have much detail.

Darth Cruel
01-06-2006, 02:45 PM
The Anakin exclusive sold out right at about two hours. I remember JT saying he tried at 3 minutes past the priority time and missed out. I seam to remember it taking me an hour and 15-30 minutes to get mine. But it might have been less.

Does anybody know what time the sale started today? Seems like 10:00 sharp (PST) to me.

I also went ahead and ordered the regular version as well. Didn't want to take a chance on missing it by waiting.

JEDIpartner
01-06-2006, 02:57 PM
It actually went live a couple minutes earlier.

echobanzai
01-06-2006, 03:06 PM
my ordeal-

had the webpages loaded up last night. i got home, and started hitting refresh. big mistake.

then i tried to call. same thing with me. 'not working.' big mistake!

finally around 1:45 EST, the site just went SMOOTH. my brother and i both got 1 figure each!!! i called him up and he said, around 1:50 pm, he finally got thru.

unless i get an email from sideshow, saying, 'sorry, we sold out before that.'

so 45 minutes of stress and non loading webpages. but that is the game you play, when going for limited editions.

i also just ordered a regular edition figure!!! just in case. i want to open up ben kenobi for sure, so the regular edition will work for me.

i just wish sideshow would let us order the regulars ALONG with the exclusive. save us on shipping.

im very used to this, with urban vinyl and all. but trust me guys, this is going to get WORSE and WORSE and WORSE. im betting, it will soon be tough just to get the regular edition, and it will be a lottery to get the sideshow exclusive edition.

i hope they do a yoda, though i am not sure if they can. i assume sideshow has the same body for all the figures, just differnt heads and paints.

so far, i have gotten all three of the exclusives. now i am addicted. it is going to suck when i miss out on the exclusives coming up!!! i can feel it.

oh yeah, for sure, Mace Windu!!! Boba Fett, Darth Maul. when those figures come out, we are screwed!!! those are going to create such an uproar in the collecting community.

as long as i can get at least the regular, i will be happy though.

i think so far, ben is the best figure they have made, in the star wars line! i cannot wait to see what is coming up next!

Darth Cruel
01-06-2006, 03:13 PM
Oh, and by the way. With the new views of the head sculpt...it is outstanding!

JediTricks
01-06-2006, 03:19 PM
If they started right at 10:00, then all 1750 sold out in 1 hour and 15 minutes. This would be accurate, except that Sideshow opened their priority-preorder doors a few minutes early, so tack about 10 mins onto that.

Oh, and by the way. With the new views of the head sculpt...it is outstanding!In the long shots, I think he looks angry or crazed or something, but the close-up of the face sells the eyes much better, very realistic and human and soulful. I suppose that's one of the mysteries of 1:6th scale and/or toy photography, these sorts of things do happen where a lighting or angle change can take something good and make it look terrible.

JEDIpartner
01-06-2006, 04:45 PM
When do we think "second quarter" is going to mean? In April? May? June? :confused:

Darth Cruel
01-06-2006, 05:01 PM
When do we think "second quarter" is going to mean? In April? May? June? :confused:

Is there anyone on the forums who has experience with Sideshow that will shed some light on how their shipping schedules usually end up playing out?

zakkattakk
01-06-2006, 05:15 PM
On the pohne they told me that the exclusive was sold out and then they said they got an exclusive for me!! HOORRAAYYY!!! :)

Darth Cruel
01-06-2006, 11:53 PM
I think the electrobinoculars are a great accessory as well. They almost could have been the exclusive piece, it almost seems that we got two exclusive accessories for the figure.

Reefer Shark
01-07-2006, 12:41 AM
Well..... that makes the 3rd exclusive that I wasn't able to even try to order. As usual on a Friday, work was so crazy I couldn't even take a break earlier, in fact I'm still at work.... 14th hour :tired:

I really, seriously hate this exclusive pre-order BS. I don't even get a chance to try to get 'em due to Sideshows crappy pre-order schedule. :sad:

JEDIpartner
01-07-2006, 11:00 AM
Is there anyone on the forums who has experience with Sideshow that will shed some light on how their shipping schedules usually end up playing out?

Apparently not...

zakkattakk
01-07-2006, 03:32 PM
here's MY ordeal:

So I went in my room at 10 and tried to PPO it, but something kept me from doing that. I waited till 12ish and it took frigging forever so I opened SSC homepage up in IE, cause for some reason firefox doesn't show the phone number. I called em up and asked them about it and... HOLD after HOLD after HOOOLLLLLLDD. But I couldn't stand another HOLD, so I got the lady to stay with me and she told me the exclusive was SOLD OUT, but later she told me she got one for me. took my order, laid back and took a deep breath of relief.:pleased:

Guys, we need to tell sideshow about this slow problem. They'll listen to us. They want our mon-ay.