PDA

View Full Version : Commander Cody and Fire Speeder Pilot PICS!

Battle Droid
12-30-2005, 12:25 PM
Lee's

Someone go buy it and get us some scans! :D :yes:

Battle Droid
12-30-2005, 02:29 PM
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/New_Clones_Revealed_96413.asp

Kidhuman
12-30-2005, 02:59 PM
They look OK, will wait for better pics to make a next ot final decision.

figrin bran
12-30-2005, 03:05 PM
awww, battle droid, you beat me to the scoop!

i love the fact that cody won't be made with that blasted at-te gunner mold! i think since the upside down belt was corrected for the utapau shadow trooper (or was it the covert ops? i don't have either one readily availalbe to check), it should be corrected in time for released of this wave. or maybe we'll see variants with some upside down, some right side up? ;)

Slicker
12-30-2005, 03:23 PM
I could've sworn that we already got a Shocktrooper.:rolleyes: I don't care that he may have a horizontal slash instead of a vertical one it looks exactly the same. They're getting really carried away with all of these damn clones.

vadersvette
12-30-2005, 03:23 PM
These guys look great! I especially dig the firefighter. Fan-favorite Cody also looks good-although the face underneath looks funky. Then again these are hand-painted samples. Would be nice if Cody came with a little holo Emperor (Hasbro even has a mould of a holo Sidious that came with Dooku and Lot Dodd back in the Saga days)

wedge1968
12-30-2005, 04:25 PM
Get the first Jedi Council set they made; I think it was the Mace Windu one. It had a funky little hologram coming up out of the floor. Cut it off and put in in Cody's hand; it'll look awesome.

DarkArtist
12-30-2005, 04:35 PM
I can't wait to get my hands on these figures. I have been waiting for Cody since he first graced the screen in ROTS. The fire pilot looks awesome and willpick up about 5 Utapau clones. Will look great for my Utapau display i'm working on. Might have to pick up a few Cody's though, customize a one or two and use the others in different scenes. I'm also working on the Star Destroyer hanger scne as well.

CODY IS HERE !!!!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JEDIpartner
12-30-2005, 04:36 PM
Cody looks good as does his troop. Since we never saw the firefighter, I'll just take their word for it.

starwarsfan1
12-30-2005, 04:43 PM
Wow!!!!!! Cody and the Utapau trooper look freaking sweet.:D The Fire pilot looks great as well. I cant wait to get my hands on these guys. Hasbro has finally done something right.:thumbsup: Now to perfect Cody all they would have to do is include a mini-holo Sidious/Palpatine that can fit in his hand and the figure would fly of the shelves like wild fire.:yes:

Slicker
12-30-2005, 05:41 PM
Since we never saw the firefighter, I'll just take their word for it.He's kinda like most of the Cantina aliens. We see his head and maybe a little of his upper body but Hasbro just makes up the rest.

figrin bran
12-30-2005, 05:46 PM
I could've sworn that we already got a Shocktrooper.:rolleyes: I don't care that he may have a horizontal slash instead of a vertical one it looks exactly the same. They're getting really carried away with all of these damn clones.

like 'em or not, they're here to stay, Slicker. i take it you're not an army builder? :p

even hasbro has to realize what a cash cow they have with the clones. all they have to do is repaint the same 41 mold over and over again and collectors will buy them in droves. look at it this way...the more that i and others buy up every clone, the more money it puts in hasbro's pockets to make the molds for the figures that you actually do want.

Turbowars
12-30-2005, 05:48 PM
Here'a some pic's for you guys.

Slicker
12-30-2005, 06:04 PM
like 'em or not, they're here to stay, Slicker. i take it you're not an army builder? :p No, sir I'm not.:thumbsup:

I 100% realize that people like love clones and naturally Hasbro is gonna release them but, although yellow, the Utupau Clone looks just like the Shocktrooper and the Cmdr. Cody looks just like the Clone Commander from the Evo. set. The Fire Pilot is something else too. He looks like one of those Action Man figures that you dress up in all of the different outfits. This particular one looks like "Deep Sea Expedition Action Man".

I'm not saying that I don't like them, in fact I like all 3 of these but all that they're doing now is just changing paint apps (well, they've been doing it since AOTC but it's getting worse now).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-30-2005, 06:59 PM
DAMN, these look sweet!!! Was Cody that scarred in the film? He looks a little overdone, but I'll keep the helmet on anyway. Nice work Hasbro! :thumbsup:

Blue2th
12-30-2005, 07:15 PM
Get the first Jedi Council set they made; I think it was the Mace Windu one. It had a funky little hologram coming up out of the floor. Cut it off and put in in Cody's hand; it'll look awesome.
I didn't realize that till I looked closely at my loose Jedi Council. Sure enough, there he is. Don't know if I want to cut him. Perfect size for Cody. They should still include the Holo Emperor as an accessory, along with an Obi-Wan Lightsaber hilt. Cody also appeared as a Hologram in the movie. Would be nice to see a 3.75 Holo of him. Till then this Cody looks way cool! Glad they are making him from the #41 mold.

UKWildcat
12-30-2005, 09:37 PM
The Fire Pilot is something else too. He looks like one of those Action Man figures that you dress up in all of the different outfits. This particular one looks like "Deep Sea Expedition Action Man".

That's great! lol

I think they all look pretty good for the most part.

Bacta Beast
12-31-2005, 01:52 AM

:eek: Bite your tongue!!! That's blaspheme around here!

Cody looks great as does the Pilot, and of course we've already seen the Utuapa clone. It's just too bad we'll never get a ship for the pilot!:cry:

General_Grievous
12-31-2005, 10:09 AM
I'll definitely be picking up all three of them. But what's with the silver crap on Cody's face?

TheDarthVader
12-31-2005, 10:39 AM
I will be getting one of each, possibly two of the fireman. He looks as though you could put him in the cantina. I am pleased with the clones.

B.
TDV

jedi master sal
12-31-2005, 01:32 PM
Wait! Hasn't ANYONE else noticed that the orange on the chest of the Utapau Clone is WRONG!!!

The color part should NOT be going straight across, but rather as a downward pointing triangle. See here (next to the blue clone on the right):

http://www.starwars.com/meta/rd/expand/expand.html?world=databank&img=/databank/organization/clonetroopers/img/eu3_bg.jpg&width=undefined&height=undefined&import=undefined&caption=

Dont' get me wrong. I'm happy to finally be getting this clone, but that's one of the two major areas for coloration (the other being the head, IMO). They should have got this right. Looks like I'll have to custom these guys. Damnit, that's what I was hoping to avoid.

-Sal

Sith Lord 0498
12-31-2005, 01:41 PM
Wait! Hasn't ANYONE else noticed that the orange on the chest of the Utapau Clone is WRONG!!!

The color part should NOT be going straight across, but rather as a downward pointing triangle. See here (next to the blue clone on the right):

http://www.starwars.com/meta/rd/expand/expand.html?world=databank&img=/databank/organization/clonetroopers/img/eu3_bg.jpg&width=undefined&height=undefined&import=undefined&caption=

Dont' get me wrong. I'm happy to finally be getting this clone, but that's one of the two major areas for coloration (the other being the head, IMO). They should have got this right. Looks like I'll have to custom these guys. Damnit, that's what I was hoping to avoid.

-Sal

I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it!!! What's sad is that I have the Unleashed battle pack versions right here next to me, and they got the chest coloration right on those!! Amazing quality control they've got, eh? :D

Darth Cruel
12-31-2005, 10:57 PM
I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it!!! What's sad is that I have the Unleashed battle pack versions right here next to me, and they got the chest coloration right on those!! Amazing quality control they've got, eh? :D

Another paint oddity (this time on on Commander Cody): Everyone knows that the belt on the #41 clone sculpt is upside down. Apparently, so does the painter at Hasbro. I did a comparison between the figure and the pic of Cody in the visual dictionary, and if you turn the belt on the figure right side up, the paint app is correct. As it appears on the figure, it is backward.

Also...there is a difference between the Cody and the Trooper at the legs. The hip joints look different.

Does anybody remember what Cody's unit was called?

starwarsfan1
01-01-2006, 10:22 AM

link (http://www.starwars.com/meta/rd/expand/expand.html?world=databank&img=/databank/organization/clonetroopers/img/eu3_bg.jpg&width=undefined&height=undefined&import=undefined&caption=)

-Sal
Whatever. Its just a minor detail. At least everything else is right. If no one noticed til now, then they wont really notice or really care when they get the figure. And besides these figures are still prototypes so maybe Hasbro will fix this along with Cody's silver eyebrows.

Edit: fixed long link

Sentinel18725
01-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Good job Hasbro! I really can't wait until pictures from Toy Fair are released on what to expect for next year. I really am missing the Galactic Marines. That would be a nice addition to the selection of clones offered.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Hopefully they'll change the coloration on his chest before production . . . it wouldn't be the first time that the paint apps got changed on a figure.

jjreason
01-01-2006, 06:15 PM
It will likely be fixed by the time they show up at retail. I'm pleased with all of them based on what we're seeing in the pics. :thumbsup:

bobafrett
01-02-2006, 05:15 PM
I'm curious to know, in one of the links above, there was a picture of the different clone troopers, and the one on the far left looks like the snowtroopers but with a red top on the helmet. Did anyone see them in the movie, and if so, where?

You would think they would have pictures of the different clonetrooper color schemes to work on while painting these.

Slicker
01-02-2006, 05:31 PM
I'm curious to know, in one of the links above, there was a picture of the different clone troopers, and the one on the far left looks like the snowtroopers but with a red top on the helmet. Did anyone see them in the movie, and if so, where?
Those were Cmdr. Bacara's boys on Mygeeto. Here's a screencap from that part in the movie for ya.:thumbsup:

Bacara's boys. (http://x11.putfile.com/1/116371877.jpg)

TheDarthVader
01-02-2006, 08:34 PM
Regardless of the paint mishap, I am still going to get these figures. I like what I'm seeing from Hasbro lately.

B.
TDV

BlueSnags
01-02-2006, 10:41 PM
Those figures look great. Gonna try to get 5-10 of the Utapau trooper and the Fireman. Will probably get 2 or 3 Codys. Sweet! Good job, Hasbro.

vadersvette
01-02-2006, 11:04 PM
The Lee's picture of the Utapau Clone looks wrong, but keep in mind these are all hand-painted samples. The picture released on EE a while ago of the clone hanging out with the Geonosis gang appears to be more accurate. Check out this comparison pic I made.:thumbsup: :whip:

bobafrett
01-03-2006, 12:05 AM
Those were Cmdr. Bacara's boys on Mygeeto. Here's a screencap from that part in the movie for ya.:thumbsup:

Bacara's boys. (http://x11.putfile.com/1/116371877.jpg)

Thanks slicker! There is so much going on while watching most scenes, I don't always catch everything in the frame. You the best slick!

Jayspawn
01-03-2006, 12:40 AM
I'll get Cody for sure! Dont care much for the Firefighter pilot, didnt see him very well in the movie and the figure not that impressive.

jedi master sal
01-03-2006, 09:30 AM
I guess what I'm trying to say about the chest paint error is this:
THey got it RIGHT with the Shadow trooper! Except that that one was balck and dark grey. Swap out the colors and you HAVE the Utapau trooper. There's NO excuse from Hasbro if they screw this up. They've already proven that they can and have done that exact paint markings. (Just in different colors)

Ok, I'll quit griping.

jedibear
01-03-2006, 10:12 PM
Let's not forget that as the pics from Lee's (and Vadervette reminds us) point out, these are handpainted production samples, not the final versions and...the figures have the unique habit of looking way better in person than these photos make them appear.
And Jayspawn...I respectfully disagree with your assessment of the Firefighter...some of the coolest figures lately as far as detailing, articulation. accessories and appearence have been of characters that were really in the background or just a quick appearence onscreen Some examples...Bo Shek, Bespin Guard, Cloud Car Pilot, Dutch Vander, Myo & Feltpenn Travegg to name a few. I think the Firefighter might be another entry in that group....

TheDarthVader
01-03-2006, 10:59 PM
Hey! Don't you dare leave out one of my favorites...Dannik Jerricho. He has got to be one of my favorite cantina figures ever made!

B.
TDV

DarthQuack
01-03-2006, 11:32 PM
I love seeing him smoke the good stuff.:squareeye

Tycho
01-04-2006, 01:54 AM
I'd like them to make the Galactic Marines (Mygeeto, Bacara's unit)

the Kashyyyk Scout Troopers (Commander Gree's unit). Then I think I'm good with the clones. Although I suppose I'd buy a few yellow ones not in Evolution sets (Cmdr. Bly's unit).

I agree with a lot of what's being said here, except in the Jedi Council set, the hologram is supposed to be Obi-Wan Kenobi reporting from Kamino with his hood up and in the pouring rain.

Sith Lord 0498
01-04-2006, 07:13 AM
I agree with a lot of what's being said here, except in the Jedi Council set, the hologram is supposed to be Obi-Wan Kenobi reporting from Kamino with his hood up and in the pouring rain.

At such a small scale and out of the context of the Council set though, you can't see that it's Obi-Wan. It simply looks like a hooded figure. If you clip that piece off the council floor and place it in a clone's hand, it could very easily look like Darth Sidious' hologram.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Hey! Don't you dare leave out one of my favorites...Dannik Jerricho. He has got to be one of my favorite cantina figures ever made!

B.
TDV
Yeah, those feelers and giant face holes are just fantastic. :rolleyes:

Darth Cruel
01-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Does anybody have any idea when the wave with these figures (Commander Cody, 212th Trooper and Firespeeder Pilot) are due to be released?

Darth Cruel
01-08-2006, 06:25 PM
My anxiety is greatly relieved. I just saw a link to a carded pic of the Utapau Trooper and he is definitely (at least by that carded shot) on the #41 sculpt. It appears that the paint app on the chest is not corrected to the tapered point. But I really don't care about that.

MajikNinja
01-14-2006, 01:06 AM
the link on page one isnt working... post a new one.

Slicker
01-14-2006, 01:09 AM
You can see these 3 figs as well as the rest of the wave here.

Link (http://images.entertainmentearth.com/%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CHS85770D5lg.jpg)

bobafrett
01-14-2006, 11:54 PM
Thanks Sluck Norris, I mean Chuck Slicker, I mean Chucker Slickis. Awwww Fah Gid about it.

UKWildcat
01-15-2006, 12:43 AM
Thanks Sluck Norris, I mean Chuck Slicker, I mean Chucker Slickis. Awwww Fah Gid about it.

Too funny... my side is hurting! lol

Blackened88
01-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Finally something to get excited about again!

Darth Cruel
01-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Finally something to get excited about again!

You said it B-88.

Darth Cruel
03-16-2006, 03:19 PM
I just caught this shot of the Firespeeder Pilot in EIII. This is during the scene when Obi-Wan is talking to Commander Cody in the hangar as he is getting into his Jedi Starfighter to go to Utapau. We have a full body shot from the movie to compare the figure to after all.

Edit - Oops, where did my pic go? I shall try again! If I succeed. Mods feel free to move the pic to this post if you so desire!

Darth Cruel
03-16-2006, 03:25 PM
Here it is. It didn't work last time because it was a bitmap file.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-16-2006, 06:13 PM
I just caught this shot of the Firespeeder Pilot in EIII. This is during the scene when Obi-Wan is talking to Commander Cody in the hangar as he is getting into his Jedi Starfighter to go to Utapau. We have a full body shot from the movie to compare the figure to after all.

Edit - Oops, where did my pic go? I shall try again! If I succeed. Mods feel free to move the pic to this post if you so desire!
I noticed these guys when I was watching that scene the other day to check on Obi-Wan's blue starfighter. Nice to see that these guys were indeed in full body costumes sometime in the film.

VidKidd
03-17-2006, 01:38 AM
This wave is alreadyhitting shelves. I have personally got two sets of each. First wave of these comes as follows. 2 vaders, 2 clones,1 firespeeder pilot, 1 Lushros Dofine, 1 clone commander cody, 1 anakin skywalker, 1 holo Ki Adi Mundi, 1 obi wan, 1 foul moudama, 1 general grievous. At least i hink thats what it had.lolthere where 3 boxes and two were the new ones and the other a different wave assorment of others. But codys gonna be hard to find, scalpers are taking him up due to the fact hes selling anywhere from 25-40 bucks on ebay.

vadersvette
03-18-2006, 01:32 AM
the firespeeder pilot is also shown in full costume in the Ep.III Visual Dictionary