PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Creek

TheDarthVader
12-31-2005, 09:54 AM
Has anyone seen this? Is it good? What is the deal with "based on true events"? Does anyone know what the "true" events were?

B.
TDV

maatu
01-01-2006, 09:26 AM
it probably has to do with some of the current eventas with the hitchhiker down there that was arrested. but there has been some disappearances of people in the outback,there never seen or heard from again. Based on true events means. not exactly telling the truth. it's many stories rolled up in one. urban legend.

UKWildcat
05-19-2006, 09:21 PM
I actually thought Wolf Creek was a pretty decent movie. It was definitely better than I had expected. It's kinda like a cross between The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Wrong Turn. The movie does start out pretty slow but the second half of the film is fast paced and makes up for it. I was pleasently surprised with this one and I would recommend it, atleast as a rental.

2-1B
05-20-2006, 05:03 AM
It's decent, definitely worth a rental.

As for it being based on actual events, it's about as reality based as TCM being based on Ed Gein.

Definitely more fiction that anything, BUT it does take inspiration from some real events, one guy in particular kept coming up when I was reading about it. I forgot his name but he was a POS, suffice it to say.

Anyway as for the characters in this movie - fiction. :)

Good flick though, I watched it a week before Hostel and preferred it to Hostel (I'm comparing them because everywhere else I look on the 'net, they get compared :rolleyes: ).