PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro, you can make humans other than white!

TheDarthVader
12-31-2005, 04:26 PM
Make the black bespin guard and the black endor rebel soldier please. Oh yeah, and the black x-wing pilot along with the black bespin ice cream maker guy! What is the deal? We got two versions of the white endor soldier... let us have the black version please. We need variety here!

B.
TDV

decadentdave
12-31-2005, 04:42 PM
Why, so they will warm the pegs like OTC Lando? My Toys 'R Us can't give him away!

I agree though, we need some black Bespin Guards.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-31-2005, 04:58 PM
While we're at it, you need to make the humans the correct ethnicities. Bail Organa wasn't white, nor was young Boba Fett or the Clone Pilots. And Anakin wasn't brown (I guess you couldn't call it Hispanic or Latin since those are Earth terms . . .).

I'd also like to see the Asian ROTJ pilot.

starwarsfan1
12-31-2005, 10:04 PM
Its just as simple as this guys. Hasbro is RACIST!!!!!!!!!.lol:Dlol:Dlol

Kidhuman
01-01-2006, 12:33 AM
I would love to see these figures made. There were plenty of different ethnenticities in SW, not just alien races, but humans as well. If they made them in the vintage line, make em now too!!!!!!!!!!!!

figrin bran
01-01-2006, 01:13 AM
it's time to make a Bultar Swan as well.

mastermatt24
01-01-2006, 02:54 AM
I'd also like to see the Asian ROTJ pilot.
Mine looks asian..

Happy 206!:D

Battle Droid
01-01-2006, 03:03 AM
And the black Neimoidian, er wait, nevermind.

Rogue II
01-01-2006, 12:14 PM
How about the black guard in Jabba's palace? He had more screen time than Ice Cream Maker Guy.

You know what would make a nice convention exclusive? A Vader with removable helmet to reveal James Earl Jones. ;)

Deoxyribonucleic
01-01-2006, 01:42 PM
it's strange how Sci-fi and fantasy are more dominated by white people than any other ethnicities and cultures. Why is that I wonder?

I know lots of "things" are dominated by white people...government, CEO jobs, MONEY...but really, there's very little ethnicity in sci-fi except for the different "alien" races of whichever show is on.

I do notice it's getting a bit better, like going down to the con in san diego, there is a great representation of all kinds of folks which is really nice to see, but tv shows themselves are still very white. Not that it's a bad or good thing...just curious.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-01-2006, 02:33 PM
Mine looks asian..

Happy 206!

They made the terrible Arvel Crynid figure for the Cinema Scene and then repainted him for the green A-wing, but Arvel was always white. And thanks for the well-wishings, but you're several hundred years late. :D

El Chuxter
01-02-2006, 11:49 AM
The Afro-Theed Naboo Pilot would be nice, as would that really frightening SOB from Jabba's Palace whose name always escapes me.

While we're at it, you can make humans other than males. Bultar Swan or a proper Stass Allie would be a nice way to prove you can kill two birds with one stone.

BTW, in the "Most Wanted Unleashed" poll I ran a while back, everyone seemed to want Lando.

TheDarthVader
01-02-2006, 09:07 PM
Stop hatin' on Lando. Just because he is warming the pegs doesn't mean ethnicities would not sell.

I agree with more females, Asian characters, and jabba's black guard. I want hasbro to know that these figures are WANTED.

B.
TDV

CaptainSolo1138
01-03-2006, 07:33 AM
as would that really frightening SOB from Jabba's Palace whose name always escapes me.

Fozek, man, Fozek. How can you forget that?!

OK, nevermind. I see how you can forget that.

Jayspawn
01-06-2006, 10:16 AM
The POTJ Bespin Guard looks asian.

It would be nice if Hasbro threw in a black Endor Rebel Trooper or Bespin Guard. I actually customized my own black Endor Rebel Trooper. I call him 'Lars'

Rogue II
01-06-2006, 12:40 PM
The POTJ Bespin Guard looks asian.

If you open his Force Profile card, it says his favorite 80s song is The Vapors "Turning Japanese.":thumbsup:

stillakid
01-06-2006, 01:15 PM
You know what would make a nice convention exclusive? A Vader with removable helmet to reveal James Earl Jones. ;)

That is fu**ing AWESOME idea! :thumbsup:

While they're at it, they could also make "David Prowse IS Darth Vader" happy by doing the same thing but with his face under there.

Rogue II
01-06-2006, 01:59 PM
Since I refuse to pay $20 for a figure, I'd rather have those convention exclusives be things like that Jorg Sucal. It is a nice tribute to the actors, and something pretty cool for the Hardcore fans, and it doesn't screw the rest of us out of getting a movie character. Give R2, C-3PO, and Boba Fett the same treatement and you have years of exclusives lined up.

Back to the topic:

Black X-Wing pilot from ANH
Black Hoth Rebel (from Battlefront)
Asian Rebel Pilot from ROTJ
Black Bespin Guard
Black Jabba's Palace Guard (not high on my list)

Isn't there a Asian/Pacific Islander guard in Jabba's Palace also? He didn't have much screen time, so it is hard to demand a figure for him unless they made a multi-pack of palace guards.

CaptainSolo1138
01-10-2006, 10:36 AM
hasbro should make kidhumans.

Kidhuman
01-10-2006, 10:49 AM

Damn Skippy, the must have.

timmae
01-11-2006, 10:09 PM
plumber bob would just get all the kidhumans anyway.

stillakid
01-11-2006, 11:05 PM

What accessories do we get with him? And will he actually fit into his vehicle?

Kidhuman
01-12-2006, 12:24 AM
I would come with a Red Saber, A blaster, sidde holster for it. I would also Be SA with 15 POA's. I would also be a chase figure, but not an exclusive.

CaptainSolo1138
01-12-2006, 10:57 AM
What accessories do we get with him? And will he actually fit into his vehicle?
We get quick-draw action, but it's just for drunken high-fives. On the accessory tip, he comes with an empty roll of wrapping paper and giant finger for making the first two letters of everything he types CApital.

He does fit into most vehicles (and by "fit into most vehicles" I mean "rests precariously on top of a Speeder Bike kinda sorta").

The variant on this one? The Rob Liefield "muscle" version.

pegger
01-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Would it have the AT-TE gunner's eyes?

El Chuxter
01-18-2006, 01:58 PM
Yes, and a CommTech Chip(TM) that says, "Should I look down and say it?"

Tycho
01-29-2006, 09:32 PM
Arvel Crynyd was a blonde haired, green uniformed A-wing Pilot that crashed his ship into the Executor's bridge killing Admiral Piett and his command crew.

Hasbro messed that up.

Tycho Celchu was another blonde haired, green uniformed A-wing Pilot (though he usually flew X-wings) who commanded Green Squadron because they wanted experienced pilots leading the strike at Endor (and he was First Officer of Rogue Squadron).

The black pilot most prominently seen was an X-wing Pilot.

The Asian pilot was a Y-Wing Pilot.

B-wing Pilots that were shown were Sollustan (made with the 3-pack and included with the Target exclusive ship) but Kenner made a dark haired human B-wing pilot that has never been re-made for the modern line, though many think "Arvel Crynyd - the error figure" is a substitution (I don't think that way).

Bespin Guards, Endor Soldiers, and Fozzik (?) were black. The Bespin Guard was made by Kenner but never re-released in the modern line.

Naboo Security could be made with black soldiers.
Naboo Royal Guards could be made with white soldiers.
A black N-1 Pilot could be made.
A woman N-1 Pilot could be made.
A black Coruscant Senate Guard could be made (from TPM or AOTC).
Jaina Solo could be done as a female X-wing pilot.
Gardulla could be made as a female Hutt.

jaxx
01-30-2006, 12:28 PM
I'm just curious... is anyone that posted in this thread NOT white????

I understand that the desire for diversity may be linked to the those that may armybuild/diorama build. But.......
I just find it interesting that us "white folk" are more concerned with ethnic diversity in a toy line than other, minority races.

Darth Cruel
02-07-2006, 01:30 PM

Playing with or collecting Star Wars figures for nearly 30 years and I never once thought of this. What an unbelievably great idea!

Rogue II
02-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Since I refuse to pay $20 for a figure, I'd rather have those convention exclusives be things like that Jorg Sucal. It is a nice tribute to the actors, and something pretty cool for the Hardcore fans, and it doesn't screw the rest of us out of getting a movie character. Give R2, C-3PO, and Boba Fett the same treatement and you have years of exclusives lined up.

You know, I said it more as a joke. I'm glad a few of you said you liked the idea. The funny thing is that it isn't something I would buy. Maybe Hasbro will listen and use the actor/character concept as convention exclusives rather than movie characters.

Jargo
03-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Considering how hasbro is at great pains to really get behind the fans and collectors *coff coff* and give them what they want. *coff coff* it seems somewhat odd that they haven't forged ahead and covered all their bases by producing more female large breasted figures or ethnic characters. The movies are litered with ethnic faces. even if those faces are painted green or blue. or just au naturelle. The movies are chock full of female characters too.

so if hasbro isn't producing ethnic or female figures it must be a political reason. hasbro says often that "traditionally female figures don't sell well" but that's usually because hasbro makes those female figures look like crap. or give them stupid poses or create figures that have no articultion and are better serving as salt shakers than anything else.

There's also little room for female and ethnic characters in the cases because of all the repacks and resculpts of the same ten or so characters. I mean yay for tatooine luke skywalker and pilot han solo. they take up all the room anything interesting might have taken up. Huzzah for clonetroopers and clonetroopers and clonetroopers and... clonetroopers.

I also have to marvel at how star wars is actually an anti-oppresion, anti-war saga and yet has so many toys dedicated to the aggressive side of things. Especially from ROS. 'hasbro star wars - teaching kids that death and destruction can be fun for over ten years!' ok that's extreme but it's how I feel about all this quite honestly.

bottom line is the rear end is falling out of the toys market. generally speaking kids don't want action figures. they want more adult, more expensive playthings like games consoles, Computers, cell phones, digital cameras... The real market for action figures is an adult demographic. and hasbro don't make adult toys they make kids toys.

it's time for hasbro to take pause for thought and rethink their entire strategy where star wars is concerned. Realise that the market has changed and adapt. Standardise articulation in these little figures and do something radical. make the characters people really want and have been asking for for years. Perhaps then some of us might actually begin to respect the company again.

until that happens I for one will continue thinking of hasbro as a bunch of racist sexist rectal douchebags.

Tycho
03-13-2006, 04:53 PM
No Jargo: tell us how you really feel. ;)