PDA

View Full Version : TSC (Saga2) Fett Variation

Kidhuman
01-01-2006, 12:36 AM
I know Turbo posted htis yesterday somewhere, but I will post it in this foruym. There are two versions of the SAGA Fett. One has the flames behind, and one has them in front. The one in front also has a different leg pose. I dont have pics right now but I think turbo posted a link to them.

Kidhuman
01-01-2006, 09:05 AM
Found some pics on ebay a few minutes ago of the variations

JediTricks
01-01-2006, 06:14 PM
Changed the title to avoid confusing this with the Saga1 variation (which this new figure is based off of, along with the VOTC Fett)

TheDarthVader
01-03-2006, 08:33 AM
Just great, as if the holographs weren't enough "variation" for those who collect variations. Now there are two versions of fett...just great. I wonder why they changed the package? I bet the one on the left will be the "harder to find" version because I believe it was the first version.

B.
TDV

JediTricks
01-03-2006, 06:37 PM
I suspect they moved the legs to the front to highlight that feature, or perhaps this is not a running change but simply the way the factory workers were placing the toy in the tray, it doesn't look like the tray has been altered. If that's the case, then this is simply an extreme version of the pseudo-variations of a figure looking left instead of right, I don't consider positional variations to be true variations.

Darth Cruel
01-07-2006, 06:00 PM
I suspect they moved the legs to the front to highlight that feature, or perhaps this is not a running change but simply the way the factory workers were placing the toy in the tray, it doesn't look like the tray has been altered. If that's the case, then this is simply an extreme version of the pseudo-variations of a figure looking left instead of right, I don't consider positional variations to be true variations.

I'm with you JT. I collect variations and there are plenty of them without inventing them where the differences are just absent-mindedness on the part of the production personnel. On the other hand, if this is a true production change...I'll be hunting it.

JediTricks
01-08-2006, 02:02 AM
Turbowars posted in the TSC forum that the "fire in front of legs" version has the earlier datestamp, which would support the theory that it's simply a positioning change rather than a true variant.

Turbowars
01-08-2006, 11:56 PM
I believe it is a true production change. The inner bubble trays are different from one another.

Kidhuman
01-09-2006, 01:37 AM
I believe it is a true production change. The inner bubble trays are different from one another.

Yes and the legs are in different poses as well.

JediTricks
01-09-2006, 03:57 PM
Turbo, are you sure the trays are different? The photos I've seen look like they're not, so that's what I was going by.

Turbowars
01-09-2006, 06:19 PM
Yes, I got them both right in front of me and they are very different from each other. 2 biggest give aways are #1 the tray with the fire in front of Fett covers his forehead and the other does not. #2 the tray on with the fire in front has a elongated section between Fetts legs and the one behind has a bubble like section between his legs.

JediTricks
01-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Really? Well, there ya go then, that makes it an official variation. Think you can get photos of the trays? I would put that in the news.

Turbowars
01-09-2006, 10:14 PM
I'll see what my camera can do. They aren't open, so I think there will be a glare issue.

JediTricks
01-10-2006, 09:46 PM
If you don't shoot it exactly straight on, that'll keep glare from bouncing into the lens. Also, if it has an optical zoom, stand further back and zoom in, the flash won't be as much a glare that way.

plasticfetish
01-13-2006, 01:54 PM
bump.......

Darth Cruel
01-14-2006, 08:28 PM
I have both, but have not looked at them that closely yet. But a buddy told me something about holes in the tray for the fire. One has them and one doesn't.