PDA

View Full Version : What are your New Year resolutions?

mastermatt24
01-01-2006, 04:11 AM
Well lets see...
1. Start running daily again (Im not fat or over weight, I just havent ran like I used to in awhile)
2. Stop bitc#ing ( I complain a lot about school :yes: )
3. Paint more
4. Make an effort to do homework ealrier, so I can go to bed at a semi decent time
5. Spend less money on SW that I dont want (mainly not buying fig rehashes, choppers, transformers.. ect.)

I think five is enough to tackle for now. How bout you guys?

sith_killer_99
01-01-2006, 04:28 AM
1. Stop smoking for good this time.
2. Score a 300 on my PT test.
3. Call family and friend more often.

Kidhuman
01-01-2006, 09:44 AM
I dont make resolutions. I will never carry through with them. I do what I feel like through out the year, so if I quit smoking, it isnt because it went from December to January.

maatu
01-01-2006, 10:21 AM
it's called finish what i started.
get out of debt.
go back to college.
finish my book, actually the stories could become one long book.
save to go to film school. i have a great idea for a horror movie.
love life, appreciate what is here now,tell people how you feel.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Get my movie done before the SW Fan Film deadline.
Get all my SW figures and stuff onto their proper shelving units before too long.
Don't die.

Rocketboy
01-01-2006, 08:25 PM
I have 2:
1 - Punch people that make New Years resolutions.
2 - Continue to kick ***.

DarthBrandon
01-01-2006, 11:55 PM
No more New Years eve (afternoon) car crashes, 2nd time in the last two years, no driving for mama & I what so ever on that day next year. Thank god she's alright & thank god this is the only insurance claim out of the two.:thumbsup:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-02-2006, 01:51 PM
1) I resolve to exercise more myself--just like mastermatt said, I too ran like crazy but because of time issues, I have given up running and now I get winded easily.

2) Read more--I go to bed at night reading the same old crap that I have read ten times over. I have tons of books I have just bought from a Media Play store clearance and now I resolve to read them.

3) Plan ahead--I am such a procrastinator it is not even funny. Things though always get done, and I have been getting better at budgeting time, but I have a lot of room for improvement.

4) Move out--Now that I have a career in the field I have chosen, I no longer need to depend on Mom & Dad for living quarters. I love them dearly, they don't mind having me stay, but at 25, you've feel like you worn out your welcome.

El Chuxter
01-02-2006, 02:35 PM
I plan to concoct a scheme by which I will be paid for using the bathroom.

Slicker
01-02-2006, 02:45 PM
I plan to:

1. Start going to the gym (hell I've got two free sources. The base gym and my apartment complex.)
2. Try and get a damn tan.
3. Get rich or die tryin'
4. Maybe buy a new car.

Not really a resolution on the last one but more of a motivational thing.

bobafrett
01-02-2006, 05:20 PM
Like KH, I don't make New Years resolutions like I used to anymore, because I don't see any use when I know I won't keep up with them. However my goals for 2006 are to:

Lose 40 pounds
Work less than 75 hours a week
Get off of Diet Pepsi (it's like a drug, I just can't shake)
Get the spots on my legs checked by a doctor/get a medical health check

scruffziller
01-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Like the others, not really a resolution but a goal(s).

1. Get a better angle on losing weight by eating right, rather than just exercise.

2. Get a girlfriend, but not really ready for that now, don't know if I will ever be. I want one but don't want one. If anyone can understand what I mean by that.

bobafrett
01-02-2006, 11:57 PM
Like the others, not really a resolution but a goal(s).

1. Get a better angle on losing weight by eating right, rather than just exercise.

2. Get a girlfriend, but not really ready for that now, don't know if I will ever be. I want one but don't want one. If anyone can understand what I mean by that.

Yes I do, I have a movie I am going to see with a girl tomorrow. She has a boyfriend, but it sounds like this guy does nothing for her, including taking her out to the movies. It will be nice to see a movie with someone of the oppisite sex. I would like a girlfriend too, but my life is just to busy to have a successful relationship, so this will be the closest thing to it, without having to have a girlfriend.

Kidhuman
01-03-2006, 12:13 AM
Maybe Frett will make a resolution to change his sig line..... :rolleyes:

mastermatt24
01-03-2006, 01:00 AM
Im going to keep this thread active and keep checking in as the months go bye (i hope!) and see how you guys are doin and make sure you dont forget. :cross-eye

sith_killer_99
01-03-2006, 01:21 AM

I hear you. It's like, I would love to get a girlfriend, but how do I find the time, my wife and daughter take up so much of my free time already. It's hard to find time to take out a girlfriend and build a real relationship. LOL JK.;)

DarthBrandon
01-03-2006, 03:05 AM
I hear you. It's like, I would love to get a girlfriend, but how do I find the time, my wife and daughter take up so much of my free time already. It's hard to find time to take out a girlfriend and build a real relationship. LOL JK.;)

No, that's called a mistress in our situation my friend, or it could be called another word if it's just for one night (if your into that kind of thing) .:D lol

bobafrett
01-03-2006, 07:41 AM
Maybe Frett will make a resolution to change his sig line..... :rolleyes:

KH, what you don't like my sig line? That was an easy resolution to keep! :D

CaptainSolo1138
01-03-2006, 08:35 AM
My resolution is to be an awesome Dad when my wife pops out the twins in May or June!

El Chuxter
01-03-2006, 08:58 AM
But I am still the most awesome interrim kidhuman, right?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-03-2006, 01:21 PM
My resolution is to be an awesome Dad when my wife pops out the twins in May or June!
Dude, for the love of God, you HAVE to name your kids Luke and Leia! Even if they're both the same sex. :D

CaptainSolo1138
01-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Dude, for the love of God, you HAVE to name your kids Luke and Leia! Even if they're both the same sex. :D
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO:D

Slicker addressed our Christmas card this way. I'm not for several reasons, including:
A) I hate both names.

B) I don't want anything blantently SW for my kids names (with the exception of Lando:p ). The closest we might come is Hayden, since we both like the name. But that's not really a SW reference. Actually, I think more of "Coach" than Darth Vader:p

Seriously though, we're having a tough time with the whole name part. We have several girl names picked out, but we can't agree on a boy's name. It's quite frustrating.

bobafrett
01-03-2006, 01:58 PM

Sure, otherwise I wouldn't have had it in my sig line. Darn line restrictions.

maatu
01-03-2006, 01:59 PM
han and chewie would be cool.

JimJamBonds
01-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Hey Cap, what about R2 and C-3PO???? :D

CaptainSolo1138
01-03-2006, 02:53 PM
han and chewie would be cool.

Hey Cap, what about R2 and C-3PO????[
I'm sure my wife would be thrilled with both suggestions. :rolleyes: :D :beard:

InsaneJediGirl
01-06-2006, 12:02 AM
Hey,you could always name the boy Benjamin. "Old Ben beyond the Dune Sea" :D

Resoultions are always broke,so my goals for this year :

Lose more weight (and start my sit-ups again..)
Continue working on being less shy
Hit at least one convention this summer :D

I'll probably have more small ones throughout the year,but one thing at a time. Cant have too many goals at once.:)

James Boba Fettfield
01-06-2006, 01:04 AM
Only because it happened to coincide with the new year, but I am hoping to lower my high blood pressure and get off these pills that make me urinate a lot.

Guess it's time I start doing that healthy living I've been planning to do for so long. If only it could wait six more months until I graduate college. Be much easier to do then.

Kidhuman
01-06-2006, 01:34 AM

Yeah you are. You filled the shoes quite lovely.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Just like the others who called them "goals" I have some of those, but since tis is a "resolutions" thread, I'll resolve to:

1) Keep a daily journal like I have in the past (easy)
2) Be more positive (2005 was the worst year I have ever had, so the tiny optimist inside me says "well, than this year should definitely be better!" ; will be sort of easy)
3) Try to be alive by the end of the year (out of my control, I suppose)
4) Lessen my stress level (hard, often also out of my control)
5) Improve my retirement and savings (easy to do, hard to get started)

Frivolous ones:
6) Go to the SW Weekends in Disneyworld (unless they'll have them at DisneyLAND... Hello?!? :mad: )
7) Start my book... again (see #5 above)
8) See PNC Park in Pittsburgh before the Pirates get contracted or move (kind of hard, but then not so much), and maybe Heinz Field :Pirate:

Go 2006! Woo hoo! :D :rolleyes:

mastermatt24
01-09-2006, 01:18 AM
HUrraY! I ran a whole 3 miles this week. Oh well.. At least I started, and its better than nothing. :cross-eye

Bel-Cam Jos
12-30-2007, 03:43 PM
So, what're you all going to:

- do,
- not do,
- do less of,
- say you'll do/not do/do less of but give up on
- flat-out lie about

... for 2008?

jedi master sal
12-30-2007, 04:00 PM
So, what're you all going to:

- do,
- not do,
- do less of,
- say you'll do/not do/do less of but give up on
- flat-out lie about

... for 2008?

- do, buy toys
- not do, lose weight
- do less of, buy toys
- say you'll do/not do/do less of but give up on-lose weight
- flat-out lie about-buy toys and lose weight....

heh heh, hmm, I see a trend here, lol.

Seriously though I would like to loose weight and buy less toys. Save money (Not just save on buying toys, but actually have money in the bank beyond my paycheck to paycheck funds).

El Chuxter
12-30-2007, 04:21 PM
My New Year resolution is 1280x800.

2-1B
12-30-2007, 04:54 PM

Chairman Meow is quite proud of your success to date.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Hey, what do you know, I fulfilled all three of my "resolutions," even though I later re-edited my movie and had to take down all my figures. So now I'm probably going to die. :dead:

CaptainSolo1138
12-30-2007, 08:32 PM
Chairman Meow is quite proud of your success to date.Except that our kids were so excited to meet the exalted one that they decided to show up two months too early.:D

2-1B
12-30-2007, 09:54 PM
Nothing wrong with getting a head start in life, I applaud their ambition and dedication to the future improvement of Mother Mitten.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-31-2007, 12:18 PM
My New Year resolution is 1280x800.Geometric humor is 1-4-U-2-B-O-K. I laughed 3.1415926535 8979323846 2643383279 5028841971 6939937510 times at that one, Chux.

In the year 2008 I will* resolve to:

- be more "spiritual" (can't go into specifics without turning this into a Rancor Pit thread).
- take less obsession and time with my job, beyond expected levels.
- really work on my book. Seriously.
- still try to read 30+ books this summer (maybe break the 10,000 page barrier this time :eek: )
- look into a Masters program
- travel out of the area at least once

['Will' connotes an attempt at certainty and not an expressed contractual intent to guarantee certainty. Not valid in California if voided by lethargy and/or dismissal of said terms]

Blue2th
12-31-2007, 12:47 PM
1. Quit smoking (again)

2. Party more, and be a more social animal.

3. Travel more and see more places.

4. Find a significant other that likes the things I like (give or take)

5. Thin out my collection of toys and keep only the ones I really like.

6. Possibly sell my house and move to a different part of the U.S.

7. Make a living (or more money) at playing in a Rock Band (getting close)

8. Go to school and finish learning Graphic Arts & Design (especially desktop publishing, website design, computer graphics etc.) already 2 years+ non-computer graphic design under my belt.

9. Be a proficiant keyboard sythesizer programer player or possible guitar-synth interface instead to get the job done.

There's probably more but that's all I can think of right now.

jjreason
12-31-2007, 12:51 PM
I resolve to continue my exercise program and "more carefully consider" each of my purchases of collectibles. I also resolve to keep working on allowing Thomas to build his own Star Wars Lego instead of doing it for him. :D

El Chuxter
12-31-2007, 02:25 PM
jjreason, does Kung Fu Panda figure into your resolutions somehow? I heard you were doing some voiceover work for that one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-31-2007, 02:36 PM
Since it's actually New Year's Eve now, here's what I guess I plan on doing in 2008 (not necessarily resolutions, but still):
*graduate high school
*start college (if I get accepted, which I assume I will be)
*get settled in the new house right before moving to college :rolleyes:
*work out my current "relationship issues" (which I seriously hope will be resolved within the next year)
*buy more Star Wars stuff that I really don't need

2-1B
12-31-2007, 06:46 PM
Not have a hangover January 1st.

Rocketboy
12-31-2007, 09:01 PM
I resolve to regain the ability to speak.

And just like '06, I resolve to continue to kick *ss.

CaptainSolo1138
12-31-2007, 10:04 PM
*work out my current "relationship issues" (which I seriously hope will be resolved within the next year)Your lower back is really starting to feel the strain, isn't it?;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Your lower back is really starting to feel the strain, isn't it?;)
Thanks for your concern. :D

2-1B
01-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Not have a hangover January 1st.

I'm the first person of '08 on SSG to fail at a Resolution. :cry:

bigbarada
01-01-2008, 08:58 PM
1. lose weight and get myself back under 200 pounds.
2. give up sodas completely, stick to water and herbal teas
3. learn how to cook so I can avoid fast food

maatu
01-01-2008, 09:11 PM
get in better shape.
keep in contact with friends.
pay off debt.
go back to school.
say i am sorry for being a jerk to some people.
see lots of movies.
appreciate what i have more.
remember i was once laid back.now i am uptight..
keep collecting.
find love.
say thank you more...

El Chuxter
01-01-2008, 09:29 PM
BigB: for #3, watch Good Eats on the Food Network. It's kinda like Mr Wizard's World for grownups, only about food. There's less recipe than science and methodology, and it's quite helpful. I've learned quite a bit from watching it. My wife even got me the 27-disc set for Christmas, and we got one another the two tomes for our birthdays.

And, besides, Alton Brown is worshipped as a god in some areas of Africa.

Jargo
01-01-2008, 10:15 PM
I didn't make any. though I did discover a yearning to adopt a son. That's just a mid life thing though. reaching the big 40 this year. i reckon i'm menopausal.

Tycho
01-01-2008, 10:32 PM
I'm going to finish my novel and get published
I'm going to make significant steps towards getting my house (or just get it)
I'm going to make the time to have a real girlfriend
I'm going to pay more attention to my friends and check their MySpace
I am a jerk, but I'm going to try and be a little nicer when I explain "why" :D
I'm going to learn how to take better care of myself
I'm going to not be lazy and actually take better care of myself

Bel-Cam Jos
01-02-2008, 12:21 PM
get in better shape.
keep in contact with friends.
pay off debt.
go back to school.
say i am sorry for being a jerk to some people.
see lots of movies.
appreciate what i have more.
remember i was once laid back.now i am uptight..
keep collecting.
find love.
say thank you more...I think if you organize it well, there's a way you can do all of those in one setting. ;)

Best of luck at meeting all these reso's people!

CaptainSolo1138
01-02-2008, 02:48 PM
1) Stop pooping on the rug and blaming it on the dog
2) Buy a dog

El Chuxter
01-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Stop pooping on the dog and blaming it on the cat.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Stop pooping on the cat and blaming it on El Chuxter.

El Chuxter
01-02-2008, 09:40 PM
So you're the one blaming me. :mad:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Yes, but who's pooping on you?

Kidhuman
01-02-2008, 10:44 PM
If he is in my shower its me then.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Yes, but who's pooping on you?Wasn't that an '80s Aretha Franklin song?

El Chuxter
01-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Most of her 80s songs were poop, so it wouldn't surprise me none.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Talk about a thread that died... 364 (or so) days after its last post. What is it, an annual thread or something? :p

In 2009 A.D. I resolve to:
- be more aware of my surroundings
- go out more often
- actually try to do the writing I keep saying I will :upset: (c'mon, Bel-Cam! )
- take advantage of what's left (time, talents, treasure as they say)
- continue to travel yearly around the sun (whisper, whisper) What? Oh, there's an 'S' not a 'V' in that spot of this word, sorry :rolleyes:
- remain healthy (physically, mentally, spiritually)

:thumbsup:

Tycho
01-01-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm going to finish my novel and get published
I'm going to make significant steps towards getting my house (or just get it)
I'm going to make the time to have a real girlfriend
I'm going to pay more attention to my friends and check their MySpace
I am a jerk, but I'm going to try and be a little nicer when I explain "why" :D
I'm going to learn how to take better care of myself
I'm going to not be lazy and actually take better care of myself

Wow. Looking back at last year:

I DID finish my novel and had it professionally edited. I'm in a revision stage right now, but I will be published.

I did not get my house yet, but probably this year.

I'm not sure I want a real girlfriend, but I have a pseudo-relationship with a girl that once was my girlfriend and it feels like a relationship. That's how I know I need to escape.

I check my friends' MySpace pages on occasion and drop by to show I care.

I'm still a jerk, but a few people think I'm a nice guy. I can do some really nice things for people I care about.

I'm taking pretty good care of myself.

I think I'll just continue along with these goals for 2009 and I'll be alright.

bigbarada
01-01-2009, 02:37 PM
1. lose weight and get myself back under 200 pounds.
2. give up sodas completely, stick to water and herbal teas
3. learn how to cook so I can avoid fast food

Hmmm....

1. Ditto for this year, however, I'm actually shooting for 215 which is what I weighed when I first moved to Illinois.
2. ummmm,... I'm drinking a soda as I type this.... :o I've actually resolved to cut down on my coffee intake. The easiest way for me to do that was to get rid of my coffee maker. Now I have to leave the apartment and buy prepared coffee if I want it now. I'm thinking that the added cost and inconvenience factor will help me to cut down my coffee intake by about 80-90%.
3. Wow! One down! :thumbsup: I've actually been living off of several pounds of ground deer meat that my friend gave me. Most of my cooking now consists of Hamburger Helper and other boxed dinners, but I got a Crock Pot for Christmas, so hopefully I can start preparing more complex recipes. For next year, I resolve to stock my freezer with meat from a deer that I killed myself. :)
4. A new one: Keep my apartment clean on a regular basis. I tend to neglect stuff like mopping the floor and scrubbing down the shower; but I resolve to do that kind of stuff more regularly. Although, I'm doing better than I was, I've gone from doing dishes every 3 or 4 weeks to doing dishes every day or every other day (of course, cooking my own meals requires me to wash dishes more frequently).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Let's go over last year's selection, then . . .

*graduate high school
Check.

*start college (if I get accepted, which I assume I will be)
Check, but I want to find a better one.

*get settled in the new house right before moving to college :rolleyes:
Check, for the most part. I'm home on break right now and my college isn't too far away anyway.

*work out my current "relationship issues" (which I seriously hope will be resolved within the next year)
There was more stupidity involved here than I care to remember . . . :dead:

*buy more Star Wars stuff that I really don't need
Check! :D

I've been trying all break to do a few things to varying success:
*work more seriously on my Star Wars room
*look for a school with a better film program
*work on a short movie with a friend (the script is done, but I need to storyboard and then actually do it)

Overall for the year, I want to:
*make more movies
*watch more "classic" movies
*spend less time doing work in college but still have good grades
*buy even MORE Star Wars stuff I don't need :D

bobafrett
01-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Like KH, I don't make New Years resolutions like I used to anymore, because I don't see any use when I know I won't keep up with them. However my goals for 2006 are to:

Goals, He funny I should have wrote these down

Lose 40 pounds

Didn't happen, instead I think I gained a few pounds, well except before my wedding, I lost some weight, but not enough to feel really good about myself, my wife and I would go out for walks each evening, but our eating habits were less then they could be.

Work less than 75 hours a week

Got that one, I now work about 65 hours a week, big change there.....not!

Get off of Diet Pepsi (it's like a drug, I just can't shake)

i did manage to get off that junk for about 4 mionths, started feeling really good about myself, was drinking more water, but then I drank just one, and got an IV of Diet Pepsi hooked up to me. (I wish)

Get the spots on my legs checked by a doctor/get a medical health check

This one I managed to keep, I had my legs checked by a few doctors, and had laser surgery done, it seems the spots were from iron deposits from the vericous veins. I hate my legs, and you will never see me in shorts!

Did I post those in 2006/2007? Because I hade my legs checked in 2007, and did a year follow up in 2008, hmmmm, curious.

bobafrett
01-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Yes I do, I have a movie I am going to see with a girl tomorrow. She has a boyfriend, but it sounds like this guy does nothing for her, including taking her out to the movies. It will be nice to see a movie with someone of the oppisite sex. I would like a girlfriend too, but my life is just to busy to have a successful relationship, so this will be the closest thing to it, without having to have a girlfriend.

Hmmm, I'm trying to remember what girl I took to a movie. I don't think it ever happened, oh well, I'm married now so it doesn't matter.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-01-2009, 06:00 PM
In the year 2008 I will* resolve to:

- be more "spiritual" (can't go into specifics without turning this into a Rancor Pit thread).
- take less obsession and time with my job, beyond expected levels.
- really work on my book. Seriously.
- still try to read 30+ books this summer (maybe break the 10,000 page barrier this time :eek: )
- look into a Masters program
- travel out of the area at least once

['Will' connotes an attempt at certainty and not an expressed contractual intent to guarantee certainty. Not valid in California if voided by lethargy and/or dismissal of said terms]Since others are checking their lists, I resolve to do the same.
#1... became a non-issue, I suppose.
#2... tried, perhaps succeeded, became a bit apathetic (does that count? :D).
#3... lame tries, basically failed.
#4... "only" read about 26 books, IIRC. Failed? :rolleyes:
#5... never did anything about that. Failed.
#6... don't know what was considered "out of the area," but I did visit family in Reno, went down to San Diego a couple times. So I'll say that was a yes.

sith_killer_99
01-01-2009, 06:10 PM
I DID finish my novel and had it professionally edited. I'm in a revision stage right now, but I will be published.

I can't wait, it seems like, from what I've read it will be an awesome book!

CaptainSolo1138
01-01-2009, 06:31 PM
My only resolution is to get back to Michigan safe and sound. That should be accomplished by the 3rd, meaning I have 362 days of not having to worry about not keeping my resolution(s).

Jargo
01-01-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm gonna grow boobies.

JEDIpartner
01-01-2009, 06:58 PM
I never make resolutions. I just start things as I think of them. LOL

Tycho
01-04-2009, 06:37 PM
I can't wait, it seems like, from what I've read it will be an awesome book!

Thanks Sith_Killer99.

A shameless plug: www.myspace.com/seeyoulatergator1 Friend-Request Me!

I keep my blogs pretty up to date with how my effort is going.

With my editor's recommendation that my book instead becomes 2 novels instead, I had to take a step back and digest that advice for a while (plus I had personal experiences to attend to like the passing of my grandmother).

So now I'm poised to watch 3:10 To Yuma to get me back in the mood to polish off what will be my first book, now set entirely in the 1860's with the sequel resolving the storyline (which was originally all part of the first book).

My New New Year's Resolution ought to get my butt working on it pronto!

Bel-Cam Jos
01-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Every year, my main one is to see if I make it back for the next New Year's to have yet another opportunity to make them. Ta da! Others? Not on my radar right now.

2-1B
01-01-2010, 11:14 AM
This year I want to start smoking.

sith_killer_99
01-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Well, here we are 2010!

My New Years Resolutions for 2010:

1. Reach my goal weight of 165 lbs (Need to lose 15 lbs)
2. Get promoted
3. Finish my BA in Political Science
4. Apply for and get accepted to OCS (Lofty goal, given my age, but worth the effort)

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful New Year. Thankfully 2009 is gone and with it perhaps the bad luck that seemed to close out the decade.:(

Tycho
01-01-2010, 01:08 PM
I'm going to post them as I think of them.

RESOLUTION ONE: clean house. Today is Jan 1st. There are 10 or 11 "areas" in my 2 bedroom apartment to clean. If I do one per day, I will have this done in about 12 days (including cleaning my Cherokee one of those days).

Today I have already completed most of my guest bathroom. It is antiseptically clean, as I had maid-service cover my whole place, but I am also organizing and eliminating extra stuff from all of my cabinets.

I get to play with some of my toys while I'm at it, because 2 installments to my collection were stored in extra cabinet space there:

1) Escape from the Human Resistance scene from Terminator Salvation. My rare Warthog jet from that collection provides cover as Blair and Marcus make their escape from Connor's base, with Connor and Barnes in pursuit. I was setting this simple display up to see if I could use the Desert Attack GI Joe battlepack to augment my Resistance troops, but they are larger than the Terminator figures and I should not buy them. (Terminator figures are the same size as SW figures, but Joes actually came out larger - maybe 3 7/8")

2) Battle at the Pyramids from Transformers Revenge of the Fallen - I'm doing this again with HotWheels, Matchbox, Tailwinds, and mainly Transformers RPMs. I've opened the Autobots thus far, including a Tailwinds SR-71 to stand in for Jetfire. Looks great! They're just on my bathroom countertop, but I like the way they all look together, loose and out of the packages. I'm going to open the Decepticons in a little bit. I've augmented their RPM ranks with Tailwinds and Matchbox as well - that way I have all the Constructicons and a better scaled Starscream.

Sith_Killer99:

I weigh about 163 right now. I want to go back to 156. When I got my bad kidneys removed, I went down to 153, had no appetite while I was healing, dropped to 151, then came back to level out at 156 when I'm working out regularly. So I need to lose 7lbs. That can come off in only a few days.

RESOLUTION TWO: To keep up with my fitness program. I will start Sunday. Because of my hernia surgery, I am only allowed on the eliptical right now (and I'll do calf raises to strengthen those), but my doctor doesn't want me going back to my full routine until February when I have a one-year-anniversary check-up from my kidney transplant. But the eliptical is what really does work you out and take off weight. I also do the stationary bike, but the sitting will hurt my hernia while it heals right now, so - February. However, the weight goal can be met. I just can't start getting "buff" again until February.

RESOLUTION THREE: I will also get a job. My BA is finished (economics and political science), but I am conflicted. Maybe you guys can help?

I'd like to work where I could be happy and have excitement and fun on the job, and meet a lot of young ladies. My serious political ambitions are on hold indefinitely right now. San Diego is bankrupt, and our state and country don't look to be in good shape either. My liberal, social-capitalist political values may not be achieveable (good luck President Obama) right now, so I can concentrate on other things.

I certainly need to finish my novel - the story is complete and it has been professionally edited. I have to make the changes the editor wants, then have it re-reviewed (whereas hopefully it will be in publishing form), then send letters out with synopsies like crazy, hitting up my contacts I made at the writers' conventions I've gone to, in order to get this thing finally published. It takes a long time to get into the 19th Century mindset. I can't take 20/21st century conveniences for granted. If I needed supplies, I'd have to at least think about getting them on horseback and defending myself with a six-shooter if necessary - not making calls on my cellphone or ordering on the internet.

I also need time to work in my storage, as I'm paying for a 3rd unit right now just so I can have space to re-package and inventorize my collection. How many more Republic Fighter Tank Drivers do I need? Super Battle Droids? Are they packed right so I know what "thematic rooms" they'll eventually be delivered to? When I work, the goal will be to eventually buy a house. The house is to set up my collection.

So advancing to a job that will allow me to afford that is the longterm goal, but right now I also need to establish a work-history again, and demonstrate I'm reliable to hire.

Bartending might do that and let me meet some ladies. That was my idea from the get-go for going to bartending school.

I'm also applying for positions with the Padres, as I love baseball and know a lot of people in San Diego's organization. That might make for a work environment I'm very happy to be a part of.

But I've recovered from my surgeries, and it's time to get back into the work-world.

Sith_Killer99 - my father enlisted in the Navy to get his college money. My family was very poor during the Depression and early post-WWII years. He liked military service and stayed on reserves while he went to college after his tour enlisted. Then he went to OCS. He stayed in until he made Commander, but my mom made him get out of serving on ships so he'd be home once I'd made my appearance. That didn't work out the way she planned though.

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful New Year. Thankfully 2009 is gone and with it perhaps the bad luck that seemed to close out the decade.

2009 was actually a year of good luck and great progress for me. I originally logged on to start a thread about that. 2010 should be much better, but I will look back fondly at 2009, as it was a milestone year in my life - and why I'm even alive to see 2010!

sith_killer_99
01-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Well, I was 155 lbs when I joined the Army out of High School. Went up to 165 lbs after basic training, I was pretty solid back then, still pretty solid, Army life. However, I went up to 170-175 for many years. When I was in Afghanistan I was right at 170 lbs and still wanted to drop about 5 lbs.

Then I got home and the wife got pregnant and I went up to about 180 lbs. so I feel a little down about my current weight. Don't get me wrong 180 lbs for a guy 5'9" isn't bad (I'm well under the Army standard), but I REALLY want to tone up. I'm still pretty solid as I do a lot of PT, but need to focus on more cardio.:yes:

The plan is to hit the eliptical machine 1 hour per day (on top of my regular PT schedule), which should get me where I want to be in no time.

I always thought I would stay on the enlisted side of the military, I love it so much. However, I have come to the conclusion that I really want to be in a better position to make a bigger impact. I get a little tired of listening to young officers who have no idea what they are doing and won't listen when you try to point them in the right direction. I have no doubt that my experience would make me a much better officer than most of the ones I work with every day.

Tycho, in terms of your political career, I would recommend going to work as a political adviser. Stay out of the ring, but help other with their agenda, help officials to get elected, etc. The other option would be to go to work as a lobbyist. That would give you an opportunity to advocate for something you believe in and develop a real sense of accomplishment.:thumbsup:

I recommend the NRA!:D

Oh, and finish that novel, I am dying to read it!!!

Tycho
01-01-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm 5'9" also Sith_Killer99. I think I am ideal at about 156 lbs, but yes, adding muscle can keep you toned but add weight. So long as it is proportional, 180 shouldn't be too bad. However, if your pants' waist size has increased, cut it down.

On the eliptical, I've set a very lazy goal, but one I HAVE to achieve: 1 minute more per day. Our gym's machines have a cool-down period that's somewhat proportional to your workout, too. That is, if I do 1 minute at the fat-burn level, I'll have to do another minute on the cool-down level.

So in a week, I'll be doing 8 minutes. In two weeks, probably 20 minutes.

You really only need to do about 30 minutes anyway - at least in our gym, that's the time-limit that's imposed, but never enforced.

However, I have a whole workout routine that I need time for, so I'll have to top out at 30 minutes on the thing. Considering I only want to lose 7lbs and then maintain (unless if it's muscle gain), I probably won't ever need to exceed 30 minutes anyway.

But to jump on for an hour on your first day is not going to be healthy for you!

My father was enlisted before he became an officer. You will become a VERY respected officer for going that route, and also, you will be an inspiration to the young enlisted who may otherwise waste their college benefits and not achieve anything in life after their time in the service.

Tycho, in terms of your political career, I would recommend going to work as a political adviser. Stay out of the ring, but help other with their agenda, help officials to get elected, etc. The other option would be to go to work as a lobbyist. That would give you an opportunity to advocate for something you believe in and develop a real sense of accomplishment.

I recommend the NRA!

That's possible. I'm involved in volunteering for Donate Life already.

Meanwhile, you and I see eye-to-eye on most gun ownership issues - though not necessarily on assault rifles (I don't recall). However, I don't think lobbying for gun rights is the best use of any skill I might have in that area. The environment, clean home-supplied energy, aid for the homeless, education and prison reform, healthcare reform, mass-transit reform - all these are issues better served by my time. If they don't take my guns - and allow me to carry loaded, keep in my vehicle loaded (but hidden from view), then I am fine. We need to liberalize some gun laws (funny because political liberals restrict - not liberalize gun rules) and re-teach our youth respect for the weapons, and conflict resolution skills. We also need to expand social services and help for people so mid-life adults don't go on office shooting rampages either. Anyway, we better keep the rest of this discussion in the Rancor Pit. It only fits here in that I went shooting for my birthday this past year. I did real good, too - so I don't know if I need to make a resolution to improve my aim. It doesn't really get any better than a few bullseyes.

Oh, and finish that novel, I am dying to read it

I know. I know. Working on it today I hope.

JimJamBonds
01-01-2010, 07:55 PM
I stopped making resolutions a couple of years ago, but there are a couple of things I plan on doing in 2010. Run a marathon in April, May and September. Run an off road ultra marathon in July and a half marathon in March and October. Those are my 'major' racing plans for this year. And in the culinary world the other day I decided I'm going to figure out (finally) how to make a decent risotto in 2010.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Hey, let's check them off again . . .

I've been trying all break to do a few things to varying success:
*work more seriously on my Star Wars room
I got much of the film shelves done, but haven't accomplished much on the EU, Clone Wars, and other shelves aside from accumulating massive amounts of stuff. I should do more of this during the current break.

*look for a school with a better film program
Yup, I switched from CU Boulder to UC Denver (still not sure why the letters switched) and couldn't be more pleased with that choice. It's much more in line with what I want to be doing.

*work on a short movie with a friend (the script is done, but I need to storyboard and then actually do it)
Check! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0qKP5uGZiE) :D Between the HD and non-HD versions, it's got over 27,000 views, which is pretty cool.

Overall for the year, I want to:
*make more movies
They're up on YouTube. :D

*watch more "classic" movies
Yup, definitely. I've recorded several on the DVR and have been working through them. I'll be starting a Netflix subscription soon, which should help here immensely.

*spend less time doing work in college but still have good grades
I would say yes - not like I slacked off, but there was different, much more fun work this past semester than my time at Boulder.

*buy even MORE Star Wars stuff I don't need :D
Mission accomplished. :p

For this year, I would say more of the same. I'm happy with how things are going, so I don't feel the need to change too much. I guess I'll say I need to go out on a limb more, which I feel I have started doing by auditioning for and getting a part in a play. I do need to continue waiting to drink, smoke, etc. until I turn 21 in December, at which point I'll get $1000 from my parents. Then I'll live my days in a drug-induced haze. :p

nohagent
01-01-2010, 09:54 PM
My resolution is too get myself to stop buying these toys. Ive been collecting since 95, shoot back then I was following the beginnings of SIRSTEVESGUIDETOSTARWARS.COM.. Its been a long time and I have all these action figures and ships. I dont know what to do with them all. Realistically they are really worth nothing. I have tried and tried to sell on ebay and always at a loss or no sale. Actually the only things I ever made money on was Transformers. I have given many of my items to my son. Just busted out a B-wing for him the other day. My wife, soon to be ex (turned into one of those violent hipocritic christians, with some borderline issues on top of that) thinks im spoiling to boy to gain his favor in pursuit of custody. Oh well, need to save money for court and a new home. I often wonder what I would have today if not for my collection, would it be a large savings account? Im sure if I invested it all I would have lost it in this economy. Hmm to be 36 and starting all over, makes one wonder.............

Bel-Cam Jos
01-02-2010, 12:07 AM
Well, here goes, now that I've thought about resolutions a little bit.

1) Continue to build up money to buy/pay off my mom's house/mortgage.
2) Put together outline into paragraphs for MY novel (I can't say "write it," because I never seem to do that, so I'll try from the ground level up).
3) Keep myself in good enough shape, such as comfortable weight, no muscles pulls or bone issues, no more growths removed (or, at least no new ones); I might need to donate something to someone someday! ;)
4) Maintain my hatred regarding cellphones and their similar spawns. :mad: :rolleyes:
5) Be in contact with out-of-state/area friends and family more.
6) Finally make it to SW Weekends in FL (maybe they'll come to CA someday...).
7) Do some more acting stuff.

Tycho
01-02-2010, 01:31 AM
Hmm to be 36 and starting all over, makes one wonder.............

I'm in about the same position since I got a 2nd chance to live thanks to a friendship I made on this very website.

BTW, if you've been here for as long as I have, I should know you, shouldn't I? Did you change your screen name?

Well, here goes, now that I've thought about resolutions a little bit.
2) Put together outline into paragraphs for MY novel (I can't say "write it," because I never seem to do that, so I'll try from the ground level up).

TIP From My Own Experience:

Go into Microsoft Word. Write from your outline the scenes you like the best - the gun fights, sword fights, car or plane chases, sex scenes :lipsrsealed:, whatever interests you the most about your story.

Then change COLORS and type in a different color the next scene you know exactly how you want for it to work out.

When you go back and connect the scenes, transition them and add the appropriate details. Change your colors back to all-black when you have achieved those connections.

I had a complete outline, but I did not write my story from "Once upon a time," straight through to "the end." I wrote many of the action scenes and the climax first actually. Then I went back at it to connect it all together.

But yes, I did have an outline.

3) Keep myself in good enough shape, such as comfortable weight, no muscles pulls or bone issues, no more growths removed (or, at least no new ones); I might need to donate something to someone someday! ;)

More power to you if you do. And may God bless you for doing so!

4) Maintain my hatred regarding cellphones and their similar spawns. :mad: :rolleyes:

No hate text messaging with all of your heart - and your journey to MY SIDE will be complete! :mad:

6) Finally make it to SW Weekends in FL (maybe they'll come to CA someday...).

Go to Celebration 5 in Florida so you can hang out with the rest of us! :thumbsup:

7) Do some more acting stuff.

I'd like to audition again. I got two roles even - right before I had my brain aneurysm, too. I mean the very same week!

nohagent
01-02-2010, 04:25 AM
[QUOTE=Tycho;711725]I'm in about the same position since I got a 2nd chance to live thanks to a friendship I made on this very website.

BTW, if you've been here for as long as I have, I should know you, shouldn't I? Did you change your screen name?

I think at one point I was known as Sakaweme, but even so, I dont think anyone knows me. I often visited SIRSTEVESGUIDETOSTARWARS.COM. I remember when I saw the first pics the POTF line and the Vader Tie Advanced. Those were some exciting times. Yes I visited the site often but never really interacted, just read. Now I wish I had and built up some relationships. I would like to have all the friends I can get. Want to get more involved and meet people. Before my wife had a tight leash on me, was surprised that she let me go to celebrations III and IV even, but I dont need that permission slip anymore. I plan on building my son some armor for celebration V. I vacuum formed his 6 y/o butt commander bacara armor for Halloween so I will see what I can do next.

Wow thats really great what you said about meeting someone on here, thats really cool...

Tycho
01-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Wow thats really great what you said about meeting someone on here, thats really cool...

Well, I didn't meet my girlfriend here (though she has an older brother and younger sister who both love Star Wars and go to Comic Con).

I have made a LOT of friends here though. I think SirSteve, El Chuxter and JediTricks are amongst the oldest (by that I mean the friends I've known the longest from this site), but BobaFrett stepped up and saved my life by donating one of his kidneys. It's been 11 months now (exactly - plus only 1 day!) and I seem to be doing great.

I never joined this site with any idea it would lead to that. I've just been into Star Wars since I was around your son's age and never quit (as neither have you, I see).

That it would actually save my life? Who'd have guessed?!

bobafrett
01-02-2010, 10:11 AM
I need to lose somewhere between 70 to 80 pounds. Seriously. Josh has made dramatic steps living his life. I have just worked my job, but have had more time than I have had in the last 10 years to make strides toward losing weight and getting back into shape. Before the surgery, I was still working about 60 hours a week, between to jobs. Now I'm lucky if I work 40. I don't like looking at pictures of myself from the neck down, I don't fit into my Stormtrooper armor anymore, well not at least without looking pathetic. So I guess my New Years resolution would be to lose some weight, eat better, so that by June I can once again wear my Stormtrooper armor at the "Relay for Life" cancer walk.

2-1B
01-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Frett, please clear out some PM space...I'm trying to send you one on that topic. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
01-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Not trying to be a smartarse, but one of my big ones is to waste less time on the internet. And to eat better, work out, finish a lot of unfinished (and barely started) projects, get rid of some stuff, yadda yadda.

Slicker
01-03-2010, 12:01 AM
My only one is to go to the gym more. It's easy when you're underway but once going to the gym starts to cut into your own personal time you kinda slack off on it...

Bel-Cam Jos
12-31-2010, 07:07 PM
I resolve to continue to ba-bump older threads in this new year!

borisfan84
12-31-2010, 08:57 PM
I am officially giving up collecting Star Wars in 2010. I have put the rest of my collection up on E-Bay and plan on moving on. I have sold my collections of items many times throughout life and this time I am ready to be done. The machine known as Hasbro is totally out of control with the figure re-issuing, poor assortment distribution, and stores have lost their mind on these price hikes (Toys R Us should be boycotted for charging $10.99 for vintage collection and $8.49 for soggy legends and clown wars).
I plan to only collect 80's era GI Joe as it is currently at an all time low, especially on E-Bay, and one could spend the rest of their life collecting this line and never find everything. Hasbro truly got the GI Joe toy line right with the variety of characters, vehicles, and playability of the overall line.
I also plan to stop using E-Bay all together and go back to collecting the old fashion way; comic shops, private collectors, and toy shows. Having to hunt for items and seeing them in person has always been more fun.

DarthQuack
12-31-2010, 09:24 PM
I stopped collecting a few years ago......just too many figures, too many lines, too many price raises :(, trying to find room for all of them now in tubs....and I feel bad moving them into my lady's parents basement.....but it's gotta be done. :(

bigbarada
12-31-2010, 09:45 PM
I don't have any real resolutions, but some things that I've been putting off long enough and I really need to get done this year:

1. Buy a new computer. It will almost definitely be another Mac, I see no reason to switch over to PCs now. But of course, this will also require me to get new copies of Photoshop and Illustrator (since I'm running pre-Intel versions of both programs), which increases the cost of this changeover pretty dramatically. So, as a result, I'm probably going to have to sell off big sections of my Star Wars collection to fund everything.

2. Get my comic book done, at least one issue of it. I'm going to NYCC in October and I want to have something to show to people. It will be my first ever Comic Con, so I'm pretty excited about it.

3. Lose some more weight. I've gone from 267 down to 214 since last February, so I'm hoping that I can eventually get back down into the 190s in 2011. If I can do it, then it will be the first time I have weighed less than 200 pounds in over a decade.

JimJamBonds
01-01-2011, 02:17 PM
Congrats on the loss Big B. :thumbsup:

I don't make resolutions but I do have a goal. Its the same goal I had in 2009, that is to qualify for the Boston Marathon.

nohagent
01-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Boris, couldnt agree with you more. My collecting is now just getting things for my son. I think I got out of control on that by trying to buy him every variant of the clone troopers and now im like uggggg. Too much. I will be going out in a few to return the anti-hail fire droid pack that I didnt give him for xmas. It is hard to do cuz even though the variants look so cool, there is a limit to space. On the fence to about returning the rebel hoth pack too and jabba from walmart, however I dont have that walmart reciept. I did give him the AT-AT so maybe he can have the Hoth Set..so crazy. Need the spending on this under control.

El Chuxter
01-01-2011, 07:49 PM
I hope to eat more fiber and poop more often.

bigbarada
01-01-2011, 08:28 PM
I am officially giving up collecting Star Wars in 2010. I have put the rest of my collection up on E-Bay and plan on moving on. I have sold my collections of items many times throughout life and this time I am ready to be done. The machine known as Hasbro is totally out of control with the figure re-issuing, poor assortment distribution, and stores have lost their mind on these price hikes (Toys R Us should be boycotted for charging $10.99 for vintage collection and $8.49 for soggy legends and clown wars).
I plan to only collect 80's era GI Joe as it is currently at an all time low, especially on E-Bay, and one could spend the rest of their life collecting this line and never find everything. Hasbro truly got the GI Joe toy line right with the variety of characters, vehicles, and playability of the overall line.
I also plan to stop using E-Bay all together and go back to collecting the old fashion way; comic shops, private collectors, and toy shows. Having to hunt for items and seeing them in person has always been more fun.

I stopped collecting a few years ago......just too many figures, too many lines, too many price raises :(, trying to find room for all of them now in tubs....and I feel bad moving them into my lady's parents basement.....but it's gotta be done. :(

I'm going to have to cut back on my collecting significantly in 2011, especially if I want to keep resolutions number 1 and 2 (I'll have to get a copyright for my comic book character, which is not going to be cheap either). However, 2010 fulfilled over half of my Top 10 Most-Wanted Star Wars Toys wishlist and 2011 is going to fulfill another big chunk of that (especially with Kithaba coming out, who has been #1 on my wishlist since 2001). So there is really not much that I really want anymore. For 2011, I'll focus primarily on the ROTJ figures, Cantina Aliens and I'll pick up the new Bespin Han if he turns out good; but that's about it. Unless Hasbro announces a Sail Barge or a new Tatooine Skiff, then I can't see my Star Wars spending breaking the $100 mark this year.

Congrats on the loss Big B. :thumbsup:

Thanks! I was kind of taken by surprise by the weight loss, since I haven't been intentionally trying to lose weight. I think it's working at Walmart, where I'm on my feet for 8 hours a day, added to the fact that I just don't eat that much when I'm sleeping through the day, that is causing the weight loss. Because I'm eating more fast food than I ever have, just significantly smaller portions of it.

I've heard that portion control is the key to weight loss and I'm eating about 75-80% less food per day than I used to. I'm thinking that if I keep the portion sizes the same and just switch out the fast food for actual healthy food, then I should be able to lose a lot more weight.

sith_killer_99
01-02-2011, 12:44 AM
According to "Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs" I have self-actualized and therefore I do not need to engage in new year's resolutions. :laugh:

Tycho
01-02-2011, 03:45 AM
I responded to everyone and then it said I wasn't logged in when I tried to post my reply. Happy New Year. :tired:

InsaneJediGirl
01-04-2011, 03:30 PM
I really don't have any. Just continue on my goals in life

Bel-Cam Jos
12-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Apparently I did not post any resolutions here for '11, so therefore I either met them all or none of them. Whatta year! ;)

I don't know if I want to make any for '12, knowing that by the end of the year, all of humankind will be wiped off the face of the world.

sith_killer_99
12-30-2011, 10:19 PM
I responded to everyone and then it said I wasn't logged in when I tried to post my reply. Happy New Year. :tired:

Sounds like your New Years resolution will be to double check your log in before making long posts. :joyous:

JimJamBonds
12-30-2011, 11:20 PM
I don't really 'believe' in resolutions, besides most people don't keep them. I will say a few things that I want to do in 2012: find a new job, if I don't do that I want to at least be 'moving towards' a new job ie. go back to school. I have an idea or two with that but I'm figuring some things out with that so I'm not set yet in that reguard. Continue to grow and advance my coaching career, in a magical world that would be my full time job. Qualify for the Boston Marathon.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-31-2011, 01:02 PM
Here's what I plan to do next year, not necessarily "resolve" to do...
- two days acting as Abe Lincoln for the local library's Civil War documents exhibit
- prepare some students for their HSEE in Feb., Mar. and maybe Apr.
- see the "new" Star Wars 3D movie (maybe even on opening day)
- take an Alaskan cruise in the summer (gift to mom)
- continue to help mom pay off the house
- publish the 8th annual English dept. literary journal
- remain cellphone-less

Here's what I might do in 2012 (some are out of my control)...
- do more than plan to write, and actually get down to doing it
- be re-hired to teach (perhaps even without a loss of salary :eek: ) at my same school site for the fall (and thereby earn my 10-year pin :D )
- make "some changes" (nah! steadfast consistency is awesome! :rolleyes: ) or "open up" to others
- reach 10K SSG posts (all quality ones, too)

sith_killer_99
12-31-2011, 03:52 PM
Well, 2012 promises to be a busy year for me as well.

A+ certification
Network+ certification
Security+ certification
PACS Systems Analyst certification
Instructor qualified
Continue working on my B.A.

bigbarada
12-31-2011, 05:00 PM
My resolutions for this year are similar to last year's, except I'm a lot closer to getting the comic done (I've got about 14 or so pages laid out). As what usually happens with life, 2011 presented some unexpected challenges, not the least of which was tearing the bicep muscle in my arm last September and having to have it surgically repaired. I'm still recovering from that right now.

I haven't really added up my Star Wars spending for the year yet. I'm pretty sure I might have gone over my $100 limit, but I highly doubt I passed the $200 mark.

For 2012 I'm going to resolve to NOT purchase any Ep1 or Prequel related Star Wars merchandise. Should be fairly easy as long as I can get over the initial temptation once the new packaging hits.

I also resolve to NOT see EP1 3D in theaters.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Nothing for 2012 or 2013, post-wise. Hmm. :confused:

In 2014, I recall to make no revolutions. But here goes for resolutions, maybe:
- request to teach Honors level students for the first time
- do something with the 20th anniversary of the subject matter for a possible book plot
- get new Christmas outdoor lights, THAT WORK!
- let things go as they happen
- get some repair work on the house
- remain un-injured