PDA

View Full Version : Did YOU get a Nemodian Warrior for Christmas?

mastermatt24
01-01-2006, 03:22 AM
I didnt. (whew!) Did anyone else?
My reason for asking: Simple. THEY DISAPERED!
By no means am I saying that this is a bad thing.. Im just curious to where they went.. Did they all find homes in the fire place Uhh.. I mean under the tree or in a cozy stocking? Did grandmothers and fathers buy them to get back at their bad grand kids?
For months we couldnt get rid of them, and now they are gone. What happened?????????????

Jayspawn
01-01-2006, 08:41 AM
My Target has a few left on clearence for $2.34 each. I figure the army builders or the customizers will get em at that price.

Kidhuman
01-01-2006, 08:45 AM
Its a blessing in disguise, and the said the Christmas miracle didnt exist.

Schear2-D2
01-01-2006, 11:07 AM
Believe it or not, I actually DID get a Neimoidian Warrior for Christmas, and I'm actually really happy about it. I'm a teacher, and for years I've toiled without every having received a star wars toy from one of my students. Because it's the first star wars toy I've ever gotten, I'll forgive the toy itself.

:pleased:

Ji'dai
01-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Nope, but I never ask for figures since they are much too difficult a gift to find, even for seasoned collectors sometimes.

Heck, one of the reasons I stopped collecting was because I'm getting tired tracking the little ******* down.

JediTricks
01-01-2006, 06:19 PM
I think Target sent all the basics back to Hasbro, Hasbro got into hot water with Target back in the late '90s over 12" Target exclusives clogging shelves and I susepct buying back all the Neimoidian Warriors was part of Hasbro's way of making up to them (Hasbro has bought back figs from Target, TRU, and WM before in order to ensure good relations with those retail partners).

Val Da Car
01-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Does that mean that KB Toys will end up with them soon?

A WM near me remodeled their store and dripped paint on the Nemodian dudes...and I think even those sold this year.

Slicker
01-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Thankfully no Nemo Warriors in ol' Slick's stocking this year.

mastermatt24
01-01-2006, 09:22 PM
So did hasbro buy back everything and send in the new stuff? (if thats ture then Im really screwed for finding some of the last ones.. )

figrin bran
01-02-2006, 12:02 AM
i found about 30 of them for $2.38 at a target today so this particular location sure didn't return all the basics back to hasbro.

mastermatt24
01-03-2006, 12:08 AM
Me too.. but sadly I gave in and adopted two of them.:cross-eye Hopefully theyll be customs soon.

bobafrett
01-03-2006, 06:47 AM
I know there were a lot of customers buying the figures for their kids or grandkids. I would see people looking at the Christmas lists with "Star Wars figures" written on them, but totally clueless as to which figures were which.

Captain Spoon
01-03-2006, 12:56 PM
I got one, but then I kicked Santa in the pills and made him take it back. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
01-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Nope, because I had already given in and bought both Nemo variants a few months earlier. But they're all gone here because they were among the last ROTS figures on the shelves. Parents went in christmas shopping for their kids and instead of finding the cooler characters, all they found were these guys. They got bought up because they didn't want to leave empty handed with no Star Wars stuff for their kids. But imagine being a kid who opens up his present Christmas morning and hopes that it's an Obi-Wan, Anakin, or Vader and instead finds a crappy Nemoidian Warrior. I would curse the name Santa.

Battle Droid
01-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Nope. but I bought one yesterday for $4.00 dollars at Wal-Mart, and plan to get more.

JediTricks
01-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Does that mean that KB Toys will end up with them soon?

A WM near me remodeled their store and dripped paint on the Nemodian dudes...and I think even those sold this year.
It's possible, or they could slap stickers on the back and sell them overseas, or in those "bonus" 2packs.

What's weird about these is that Neimoidians almost doomed Star Wars figures back in 2000, retailers were jammed with unsold Ep 1 figures and supposedly told Hasbro that they would only continue to order the line if they eased up on the women figures (Shmi and a couple Padmes were held back specifically because of this) and Neimoidians.

Mandalorian Candidat
01-03-2006, 07:05 PM
What's weird about these is that Neimoidians almost doomed Star Wars figures back in 2000, retailers were jammed with unsold Ep 1 figures and supposedly told Hasbro that they would only continue to order the line if they eased up on the women figures (Shmi and a couple Padmes were held back specifically because of this) and Neimoidians.

I remember the glut of Nute and Runes back in 1999-2000 and the Lott Dodd disaster of 2002-2003. There are still about a hundred of them, literally, at the nearby KB outlet. When the NW appeared I knew it would be the ultimate pegwarmer.

The only female figures I can remember that would never sell (regular 3 3/4" only) were Shmi at WM and those Mon Mothmas when TRU had their big POTF2 restock clearance sale back in 1998. Other than that it seems to me that they've all sold well. I wonder why the SW misogynist backlash?

JediTricks
01-03-2006, 07:17 PM
I had forgotten about Saga's Lott Dod figure, that was pretty dopey of Hasbro to put out then too. I think what they *should* have done was introduce female and neimoidian figures in such low numbers that demand is built, a la '95 Monkeyface Leia who was HTF for over a year.

I think the retailers' lack of love for the chicks was due largely to the number of Padmes and Amidalas, stores would finally get rid of battle Amidala only to get the new hinge-neck version in soon after, it wasn't as bad as Nute & Rune but they didn't sell well. Shmi and I think all the POTJ Amidala figs (including and especially Sabe) were planned for the Ep 1 line and then held back due to retailer request.

timmae
01-03-2006, 09:53 PM
i just picked one up at 2.38. i think target just put them away only to sell after xmas.:D :D :D

Val Da Car
01-03-2006, 11:14 PM
no, but I did buy a Nemodian Cmdr for $4 and a Spud Trooper for $5 at WM today.

DarthQuack
01-04-2006, 07:29 PM
I was hoping for one in my stocking....but I didn't find one there....:sad: Good thing I already had one though!

El Chuxter
01-04-2006, 10:07 PM
I think the retailers' lack of love for the chicks was due largely to the number of Padmes and Amidalas, stores would finally get rid of battle Amidala only to get the new hinge-neck version in soon after, it wasn't as bad as Nute & Rune but they didn't sell well.

WHAT?!?!? Ascension Gun Padme didn't sell well? Are you insane? I was living in an area that actually had to clearance the Rebo Band pairs and a couple of the EU figures, and the only time I've EVER seen her, to this day, is in the hands of scalpers and a friend who bought one from a scalper. Last time I checked, she was still insanely overpriced on eBay.

Dude, if you've got extras, I'll happily take one off your hands. :p

JawaJoe
01-05-2006, 12:21 AM
WHAT?!?!? Ascension Gun Padme didn't sell well? Are you insane?

Dunno if thats sarcasm or not but Padme was a MAJOR pegwarmer here also. I still cringe when I think of all the times I went looking for new figures and found only the same dusty 2 dozen Padme's.

Kidhuman
01-05-2006, 01:43 AM
Padme w/ acension gun is from the last wave of EP1 that was distributed like Sasquatch sightings. They have been reported, but no one actually seen them. The other Padmes(especially AOTC Areana) pegwarmed majorly. Actually, thats the only Padme I ever seen warm. The pilot didnt and neither did the Lars homestead or the ROTS preggers version. So I guess Padme is a pegwarmer after all.

JediTricks
01-05-2006, 05:25 PM
Ascension Gun "Battle" Amidala was indeed rare, I just meant that it took a long time to get rid of the "Naboo" Amidala figs which were the SAME EXACT OUTFIT!!!

I spotted Ascension Gun Amidala on shelves, that's when I bought her, she has Frankenstein neck bolts because of the hinge.

POTJ Amidalas never sold that well after a while, neither did Ep 1 Amidala Coruscant, and Padme Naberrie & Amidala Naboo from the Ep 1 line both were pegwarmers in their day (although Padme got a little help from a hand variation). Saga's Pilot Padme was a HORRIBLE pegwarmer but Hasbro bought them back within 3 months of its release (Nov '02 to Jan '03 was literally nothing but this figure on shelves). Lars Homestead didn't sell well in my area, Broccoli Ceremony Padme bombed pretty bad, and Pregnant Padme sold poorly at first and then picked up for some reason. I'd say Preg Padme and Saga Droid Factory Padme were the only Padmes that really kept selling.

Devo
01-08-2006, 11:57 AM
You guys must have all the neimodian warriors because I've never seen one in Ireland. We've got quite a lot of Captain Antilles though. A good figure but not a good movie year choice when you're marketing for all the kiddies. Regular toy stores that have more kid-friendly prices haven't got a clue what to buy and wind up clogging their pegs with figures only collectors are interested in. But theres only so many collectors out there and only so many Cpt Antilles they require (2 at most I imagine) so he pegwarms and prevents any other waves being put out or bought by the store. :rolleyes: :frus:

As to Padme - Why does she pegwarm while Princess Leia doesn't? My theories - Leia is cooler, better written and wasn't saddled with political speak and/or crap 'romantic' dialogue. It really goes back to the quality of writing in the prequels. Also the fact that many of the outfits padme wears, although interesting, are blink-and-you-miss them because shes wearing something different in the next scene. Leia had 2 outfits in ANH, 4 in ESB and 5 in ROTJ each receiving twice the screentime of any of padmes outfits bar one (the AOTC Arena fatigues). Princess Leia is therefore more recogniseable to a child and they won't associate her with 'boring' scenes.

I only ever saw Ascension gun Padme once at forbidden Planet. In a non-movie year one needn't bother looking in regular stores in Ireland because all they ever have, if anything at all, is the remnants of first and second wave movie year figures. Currently OTC Padme Celebration is warming Forbidden Planet pegs.

CaptainSolo1138
01-09-2006, 08:10 AM
Ascension Gun Padme is one of my favorite figs. I picked it up on a whim when I was getting out of my Episode I completist phase. I'm glad I grabbed it when I did (Sorry, Chux. You got Sio Bibble and the Pit Droids outta me, but Padme is staying here:p:beard: ).

Kidhuman
01-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Hows about Padme for me then?

JediTricks
01-13-2006, 11:21 PM
Just bought me a Neimoidian Warrior at Target for $1.18, he was the only one there. I couldn't help myself, the kitch factor alone...

jjreason
01-14-2006, 02:01 AM
It's really not that bad a figure. What the heck was the case breakdown on that wave for you guys? When I was in California back in July, the Target by Disneyland had at least 50 Nemoidian Warriors, with only a few dark Wookie Warriors to break up the glut. Obviously, whatever the breakdown was - it was too heavy on Nemoidians.

El Chuxter
01-14-2006, 11:19 AM
I don't know the exact breakdown, but the case was way too Neimoidian-friendly. And I believe he shipped that way in multiple cases. To make things worse (as you'll soon see if you've not already) the Neimoidian Commander (who shipped in more realistic numbers) was in exactly the same packaging, only with a different color to his armor. So a lot of people who'd been passing over the Grand Army of Neimoidia didn't realize there was a new figure in the mix.

JediTricks
01-15-2006, 04:15 PM
You're right, it's not that bad a figure, I gave it a fairly good review when I first got him. The gun totally sucks though. And he's barely in the movie, that's gonna hurt.

Anyway, it was a very unfortunate case breakdown, it was an even case, 3x #41 Super Articulated Clone Trooper
3x #42 Neimoidian Warrior
3x #43 Wookiee Warrior
3x #44 Destroyer Droid

Yeah, tell me that's not a recipe for disaster. The only thing I was surprised by in that asst was how the Wookiees and Destroyer Droids didn't turn into equally-awful pegwarmers as well. And then in at least 2 more later revision cases they included 2x Neimoidian Warrior. But that col 1 wave 4 first version case really doomed the ROTS line because it had 1 hot figure and 3 far less interesting ones, so when collectors made employees bring out more #41 clones, that meant 9 more losery case-mates had to get put on shelves at that time.

BoShek
01-19-2006, 12:06 AM
I only saw the NW Commander a few times in my stores and he was gone and I didn't have a chance to get one ... it blows my mind that people see them for so cheap!