PDA

View Full Version : Luke: COMING SOON FROM A UPS TRUCK NEAR YOU

zakkattakk
01-01-2006, 10:39 AM
It's isn't so long before SSC Luke makes its way, since it is the beggining of the 1st QTR of

06!!!:lipsrseal

Darth Cruel
01-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Yep, it is almost garanteed to be less than 4 months.

Deoxyribonucleic
01-01-2006, 01:49 PM
what's this SSC Luke you speak of? :confused:

meh...nevermind, I figured it out using my detective skills (simply looking at the section the thread was put in ROFL).

<-----------------------------derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sith Lord 0498
01-01-2006, 02:09 PM
I heard a rumored date around the end of March--although that could just be a default release date since that places it right at the end of the 1st quarter. February would be nice. It'd give me time to financially recover from Christmas!! :)

zakkattakk
01-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Since anakin is 2nd QTR, I was told that anakin would ship in 6 months, which would make it around June.

Sith Lord 0498
01-01-2006, 08:46 PM
Since anakin is 2nd QTR, I was told that anakin would ship in 6 months, which would make it around June.

I heard the same info--end of June for Anakin. Still, I wonder how Sideshow is going to release 8-10 figures this year if the first two aren't released until March and June. It seems as though several are going to hit either simultaneously or within weeks of each other, which will put a strain on many wallets. Whereas I initially thought about buying all the 12 inch figures I could, now I'm sticking with Luke, Anakin, and Obi-Wan and then waiting for the Sith.

zakkattakk
01-01-2006, 10:08 PM
I wonder why they wait so late to release them. Maybe some will be released at the same time. Kinda wierd how they do this.

Darth Cruel
01-04-2006, 03:00 PM
I heard the same info--end of June for Anakin. Still, I wonder how Sideshow is going to release 8-10 figures this year if the first two aren't released until March and June. It seems as though several are going to hit either simultaneously or within weeks of each other, which will put a strain on many wallets. Whereas I initially thought about buying all the 12 inch figures I could, now I'm sticking with Luke, Anakin, and Obi-Wan and then waiting for the Sith.

Wouldn't it suck if we all had 4 or 5 of these figures ordered and Sideshow took all of the money at once for them...

And then went bankrupt?

zakkattakk
01-04-2006, 06:18 PM
that would suck. Yes indeed. Yes-sirry bob.

Jayspawn
01-04-2006, 11:31 PM
I'm getting a little anxious about gettin Luke myself. I bet its gonna be like another month or 2 before any CCs get charged.

zakkattakk
01-05-2006, 07:44 AM
I'm even more anxious about Anakin. end of June.:tired:

zakkattakk
01-09-2006, 07:16 PM
Even MORE anxious for teh Obi-wan!

AmanaMatt
01-23-2006, 09:05 PM
I just hope that when Luke ships, he looks as good in finished form as he did on SS's site.

IG65
01-24-2006, 08:41 AM
I think how good Luke looks may make or break this line. We have all ordered several figures based on SS's reputation and a few prototype images. If Luke doesn't impress I can see a lot of cancelled orders and fewer preorders down the line.

Darth Cruel
01-24-2006, 10:35 AM
I think how good Luke looks may make or break this line. We have all ordered several figures based on SS's reputation and a few prototype images. If Luke doesn't impress I can see a lot of cancelled orders and fewer preorders down the line.

In my case...this doesn't mean that it has to look just like Mark Hamill. Personally, I don't need a perfect likeness to the actor. In my opinion, the actor is just the actor. A good representation of the character is what I care about when I buy action figures. Some people read comic book adaptations of the movies and don't have a problem that the artist's interpretation doesn't look anything like the actor, and that is how I feel about the action figures.

As long as the figure represents the character well...I am good.

zakkattakk
01-24-2006, 09:15 PM
I just hope that when Luke ships, he looks as good in finished form as he did on SS's site.

It should, because those images weren't prototype images.

Well said, Darth Cruel.

IG65
01-24-2006, 11:48 PM
As long as the figure represents the character well...I am good.

I think I agree with you DC. I never thought about it that way, but what you say makes sense.:yes: Its funny, reading these forums sometimes I get so caught up in people griping about little details that I forget to stand back and take in the big picture. That is what originally drew me to the 12" line. The 'coolness' factor of having a 1/6th scale stormtrooper on my desk, and not how movie accurate the costume was. That being said, Sideshow is so far head-and-shoulders above Hasbro that I will probably be thrilled with whatever they come out with. It will be nice to have great coolness factor AND a good representation of the characters.

Jayspawn
01-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Luke's not shipping yet, but I'm gettin a little anxious.

I'm gonna want to open him up. Maybe I'll leave him in the box, dont know. Its gonna be tough.

mm74md
02-21-2006, 01:10 PM
I wish they would give us a release date already. This is getting annoying!

Darth Cruel
02-21-2006, 01:29 PM
I wish they would give us a release date already. This is getting annoying!

Think about this for a minute. From ordering to realizing the figure will end up being about 4 1/2 months.

If the same rules of release scheduling/shipping apply...it will be about about 8 1/2 months to get the first Lord of the Rings figure.

Jayspawn
02-21-2006, 02:36 PM
I have a Luke on order but I'm not holding my breath during the wait.

JediTricks
02-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Didn't they say they were giving 2 pre-shipping warnings so cardholders could ensure they have the funds in place, and one was like a month in advance? If so, they're gonna need to jump on that in the next 7 days or Luke won't make his first-quarter deadline.

mm74md
02-22-2006, 09:56 AM
Didn't they say they were giving 2 pre-shipping warnings so cardholders could ensure they have the funds in place, and one was like a month in advance? If so, they're gonna need to jump on that in the next 7 days or Luke won't make his first-quarter deadline.

That's kinda my point. I only use my check card so I always like to know when I'll be charged!

dr_evazan22
02-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Maybe SS's fiscal 1st quarter runs Feb - April, giving them an additional month?

Darth Cruel
02-22-2006, 02:02 PM
Maybe SS's fiscal 1st quarter runs Feb - April, giving them an additional month?

LOL - Then it will be 9 1/2 months to get my LOTR Aragorn!

JediTricks
02-22-2006, 04:00 PM
I don't think so, when someone announces a product release based on quarter it's based on the public interpretation of which quarter of the year that falls in - they can get in serious trouble with contracts they have with retailers if they try to deliver under a phoney calendar system.

Turbowars
02-22-2006, 10:58 PM
That's just too technical JT. :pleased: I really hope they do give us a heads up before they charge.

This is what I have done to help insure I get the figures I have ordered from SS. I got one of those Credit cards that you deposit money into it. So it really isn't a CC, but you can use it like one. I put a few bucks in at time and pretend I don't have it. If I bought these with my bank account I would never have the funds. A huge plus is the wife can't touch it. I guess really thats the best part of it.:twisted: :yes:

IG65
02-23-2006, 09:14 PM
I huge plus is the wife can't touch it. I guess really thats the best part of it.:twisted: :yes:

That's brilliant TW! I may have to copy a page out of your book.

Turbowars
02-23-2006, 09:22 PM
That's brilliant TW! I may have to copy a page out of your book.Thanks IG65. My book goes into print this month.:thumbsup:

IG65
02-23-2006, 09:28 PM
OK, is it just me, or does the final production version of Luke look rather . . . surprised?

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&item=2104&type=store

JediTricks
02-23-2006, 09:55 PM
Technical schmechnical. :D

Yeah, he does look surprised, I think that's because the paint work on the eyes is done for close-up effect with subtlety that isn't as easily seen from afar. I have to admit though, with the vest off it does look like his head is too big or too high up or something, I'd be surprised by that too. :p

Darth Cruel
02-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Sideshow's Feb 23 newsletter has Luke's release pushed back to April instead of late March.

Reefer Shark
02-23-2006, 10:20 PM
My source (local comic shop dude) says that his Sideshow contact told him that Luke will be shipping in April, and that the others are going to follow on almost a weekly basis.

That doesn't really jive with the release dates listed at Sideshow.com, so I'm not sure what to believe at this point.

edit: didn't see your post there DC. I guess his info does jive w/Sideshow.com now since they've updated the site.

Darth Cruel
02-24-2006, 06:20 AM
My source (local comic shop dude) says that his Sideshow contact told him that Luke will be shipping in April, and that the others are going to follow on almost a weekly basis.

That doesn't really jive with the release dates listed at Sideshow.com, so I'm not sure what to believe at this point.

edit: didn't see your post there DC. I guess his info does jive w/Sideshow.com now since they've updated the site.

Yeah, it almost looks like they'll come about every two weeks once they start.

Turbowars
02-24-2006, 07:32 PM
What do you guys think of the final version of Luke? I don't like his eyes. The paint app looks a lot like what Hasbro did. Not happy at all. Oh and the new pics don't show his lapel folded down:upset: . I think SS needs to get a better photographer because their pics suck donkey .:yes:

Jayspawn
02-24-2006, 07:40 PM
The headsculpt could have been a lot better.

Turbowars
02-24-2006, 07:47 PM
I agree. Too bad it wasn't more of a neutral expression.:mad:

AmanaMatt
02-24-2006, 07:48 PM
For production, looks real good to me....as for their needing a better photographer, they sure do!

Turbowars
02-24-2006, 07:52 PM
Well in general yeah it looks good, but being a critical collector, I kind of expected more from SS. I just hope that this isn't a common thing, when I say that I mean me not liking the production versions as much.

Reefer Shark
02-24-2006, 08:12 PM
It looks ok IMO. Not perfect, but better than the Hasbro and Medicom 1/6 figures. I think the thing that bothers me most is his open mouth. It looks like he's saying "uh..." to me.

Mark Hamill seems to be a difficult likeness for sculptors to capture. Sideshow needs to get Gentle Giant to do their headsculpts. Could you imagine? Those would probably be the absolute perfect Star Wars 1/6 scale figures!

Darth Cruel
02-24-2006, 08:24 PM
Looks like a pretty good likeness to me. That probably wouldn't be my very first choice of facial expressions, but it is better than a neutral face. At least with an expression (any expression) he will appear to be reacting to something when he is posed in an action pose.

Veers
02-25-2006, 09:01 PM
It is about time.

Sith Lord 0498
03-01-2006, 06:27 PM
Just got this in my inbox this evening. Strange how it seems as though they'll be charging my card within 10-15 days when it's not arriving at their warehouse for another 10 or so days after that. I thought I'd have more time to get things in order.

Oh well...thank heavens my wife did our taxes early.

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of our 12 Jedi Luke (item #2104) from our Star Wars 12" Figure Collection. We appreciate your patience in waiting for the arrival of this Limited Edition, Sold Out item and we would like to inform you that the item will be arriving in our Los Angeles warehouse within approximately the next 20-25 days.

Sideshow Collectibles will be authorizing your credit card on file with us for this item upon its arrival. Please expect to receive another e-mail in approximately 10-15 days, which will confirm the processing of your order. If you need to update your credit card, billing and/or shipping information or cancel an item/order, PLEASE DO SO AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

JediTricks
03-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Yup, I got the same email as well, was just posting in the news about it. Yours answered the question I had in my mind about whether it was just the SEs or the regular ones too (mine says Sideshow Edition on the item name where yours does not).

I am considering asking if I can drive down there and pick it up in person, why pay $10 for shipping and wait 3 to 6 extra days??? Well, because it's a little far and because gas is expensive. :p

EDIT: And I'm an idiot, if I wanted that shipping option I should have picked it when I preordered the figure, it's too late now!

Darth Cruel
03-02-2006, 08:47 AM
The way i interpreted the email was that they would authorize the card in 10-15 days and email us about the progress and charge the cards when the items arrive. It seems to me that they are two different actions, but it depends on what "authorizing" means to Sideshow. We will see.

Sith Lord 0498
03-02-2006, 09:44 AM
The way i intepereted the email was that they would authorize the card in 10-15 days and email us about the progress and charge the cards when the items arrive. It seems to me that they are two different actions, but it depends on what "authorizing" means to Sideshow. We will see.

To me, "authorize" means that my available credit will have $60 deducted from it but not actually charged...which is stupid because it still means you need to have the funds ready to go, which I don't because of residual Christmas spending and a heck of a time with my hours at work.

I'll find a way to get the money for Luke, but I think it's more than a little bit crappy how this works. Their FAQ made it sound like nothing happens to your card until it's in-house and ready to ship. Now I'm getting an e-mail telling me I'll be charged a week before that happens?!?!

Sideshow may make great figures, but between this and their pre-ordering system, I think they need to take a hard, long look at their customer service.

Darth Cruel
03-02-2006, 10:12 AM
It is possible that this should be in the trading area, but I am concerned that the people it is directed at specifically would not see it. I hope you all understand.

If anybody is, for any reason, unhappy with their Jedi Luke (exclusive version only, please) to the point where you do not want to keep it. I ask that you please talk to me before you cancel it, send it back, or get did if it, if there is another of the exclusive versions you would trade it for. Thanks!

Darth Cruel
03-02-2006, 11:40 AM
I just talked to Sideshow. They tell me that when the card is "authorized" it is just that they check to make sure the money is in the account. If it is not, they send an email (which you have 5 days to resond to before they cancel the order) that allows you to set up alternate payment. And if you set up the alternate payment, you do not lose the figure. And the advance "authorization" is done when the items are expected to be 3 - 5 days from the warehouse, so you actually still do have all the time until the items reach the warehouse to get the money in the account.

I am switching to the idea that somebody posted about the pre-paid credit card. That is the very best of ideas that I have heard. Even though I have the money in the bank...you just never know what the other person or people on the account will end up doing.

Sith Lord 0498
03-02-2006, 01:13 PM
I just talked to Sideshow. They tell me that when the card is "authorized" it is just that they check to make sure the money is in the account. If it is not, they send an email (which you have 5 days to resond to before they cancel the order) that allows you to set up alternate payment. And if you set up the alternate payment, you do not lose the figure. And the advance "authorization" is done when the items are expected to be 3 - 5 days from the warehouse, so you actually still do have all the time until the items reach the warehouse to get the money in the account.

I am switching to the idea that somebody posted about the pre-paid credit card. That is the very best of ideas that I have heard. Even though I have the money in the bank...you just never know what the other person or people on the account will end up doing.

Thanks for that clarification, Darth Cruel.

JediTricks
03-02-2006, 05:56 PM
CRAAAAAP! Card Auths sometimes go funny on Debit Cards, but that's all I have.

Darth Cruel
03-03-2006, 09:09 AM
CRAAAAAP! Card Auths sometimes go funny on Debit Cards, but that's all I have.

Yeah, me to. It won't be a problem right now. But with any luck, I will be ordering hundreds of these 12" from Sideshow in the future ( I dream of the day I can re-create the Geonosis Excecution Arena battle or the Utapau battle with these Sideshow 12" figures) and I want to have something set up permanently just for this. I don't want to do a credit card, as I feel that I am already paying enough for these figures without adding interest and service charges on top of them. So I will either go with a pre-paid card or a separate checking account with a debit card for it.

JediTricks
03-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Back when FANtastic Media was running the SW Fan Club, right before they got dumped they switched to another card processor who dealt with pre-auths differently than before, so that some Debit Cards would auth the full amount TWICE and then lock up both funds out of the reach of the cardholder for a *month* while simultaneously making it impossible for the Fan Club to finish the transaction. This is not a common occurance these days, but it did happen to me at a gas station a few months ago, $50 max pre-auth locked up for a friggin' month just because I wanted to buy $10 worth of gas. Hopefully nothing like this will happen and we can all enjoy our nifty action figures. If it goes through this time, it'll be fine from here on out.

Hellboy
03-13-2006, 08:51 PM
I just received this message from Sideshow. :razz:

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of our 12" Jedi Luke - Sideshow Exclusive (item #21041) from our Star Wars 12" Figure Collection. We appreciate your patience in waiting for the arrival of this Limited Edition, Sold Out item, and would like to inform you that this item is estimated to arrive into our warehouse within the next 5-7 days. We will BEGIN to charge credit cards for this purchase within the next 24 hours.

Sith Lord 0498
03-13-2006, 08:53 PM
I just received this message from Sideshow. :razz:

I just received the same message.

And so it begins... :)

JediTricks
03-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Steve and I both just got the email saying that they were going to begin to start charging cards for the 12" Luke within the next 24 hours, and that it's expected to arrive in the warehouse in the next week. I mention Steve only because he preordered the 12" exclusive VERY early in the preorder period while I came in at least an hour later, so it's not just the earliest orders that are getting filled...

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of our 12" Jedi Luke - Sideshow Exclusive (item #21041) from our Star Wars 12" Figure Collection. We appreciate your patience in waiting for the arrival of this Limited Edition, Sold Out item, and would like to inform you that this item is estimated to arrive into our warehouse within the next 5-7 days. We will BEGIN to charge credit cards for this purchase within the next 24 hours.

If you have any last-minute changes, or if you would like to cancel this order,

YOU MUST CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE DIRECTLY

BY TELEPHONE

at (800) 474-3746 (US) or (805) 418-1954 (outside of US).

We ask that you DO NOT attempt to alter or cancel your order online at this time. Online user accounts for US customers should now restrict you from making changes on this order, and should prompt you to contact us directly. However, if your account does allow you to alter this order, changes WILL NOT be electronically updated to our in-house system in time before your order is processed and shipped.

Please expect to receive an e-mail containing the tracking number for your shipment, which will be sent via FedEx ground service unless prior arrangements have been made. Please allow 7-10 business days, from the date of your tracking e-mail, for delivery of your package. If you have questions about the location of your shipment while en-route, you can personally trace it through www.FedEx.com (http://www.FedEx.com).
Notice that it's shipping FedEx, making this thread title totally wrong, it was neither UPS nor soon. :p

Turbowars
03-13-2006, 10:53 PM
They got my money order on Saturday, so maybe I will get mine 1st.:thumbsup:

Darth Cruel
03-14-2006, 03:21 PM
I mention Steve only because he preordered the 12" exclusive VERY early in the preorder period while I came in at least an hour later, so it's not just the earliest orders that are getting filled...

I can vouch for this as I came in days late, only got the regular version, and I got the same message on the same day as everyone else.

Sith Lord 0498
03-15-2006, 01:45 PM
Well, the 24 hours are up, and my card hasn't been touched. Anyone been charged by Sideshow yet? I hope the shipment isn't being delayed!! :cry:

EDIT: Just re-read my e-mail from Sideshow. They said they would BEGIN to charge people's cards within the next 24 hours...as in not all of them within a day. They even bold-faced the word "begin"...probably for morons like me that can't figure out why I haven't been charged yet... :)

JediTricks
03-15-2006, 05:52 PM
They got my money order on Saturday, so maybe I will get mine 1st.:thumbsup: Since you're a fellow LA-area resident, did you opt to pick it up in person, or have them ship it to you? If it's the former, I would not be surprised if you were the first person to get one.

They haven't hit my card up yet either. Hurry up!!!

Turbowars
03-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Since you're a fellow LA-area resident, did you opt to pick it up in person, or have them ship it to you? If it's the former, I would not be surprised if you were the first person to get one.

They haven't hit my card up yet either. Hurry up!!!I didn't ask to pick it up. I don't even know if you can. Not a bad idea, but I don't really want to drive about 25-30 miles for it.

JediTricks
03-15-2006, 11:25 PM
I remember reading it on their site, but you have to request it WHEN you order it, there seems to be no way to change that after the order has been placed. I knew about this but didn't want to drive to their warehouse which is somewhere east of LA.

jedibear
03-16-2006, 01:09 PM
Well..they whacked my card and my status has changed to "shipping soon"...

Turbowars
03-16-2006, 06:22 PM
I remember reading it on their site, but you have to request it WHEN you order it, there seems to be no way to change that after the order has been placed. I knew about this but didn't want to drive to their warehouse which is somewhere east of LA.Oh so I wouldn't be picking it up in WestLake. Interesting.

dr_evazan22
03-17-2006, 04:55 PM
We need a title change here: Luke: COMING SOON FROM A FEDEX TRUCK. Looking forward to getting it.

JediTricks
03-18-2006, 03:23 PM
I still haven't been billed for mine yet. :(

Darth Cruel
03-18-2006, 03:41 PM
Nor have I. But I am not stressing it. I am just glad we are FINALLY getting them. I still expect it to be as much as a month to receive it. But after the first one, I expect the floodgates to open and to receive one every two weeks or so after that. I have to get the display case ready soon!

AmanaMatt
03-18-2006, 04:40 PM
Nothing yet, either. Hopefully I'll get that charge within the next few days.

Sith Lord 0498
03-18-2006, 05:16 PM
While my account page hasn't switched to "Shipping Soon", my credit card finally has a pending charge from Sideshow Collectibles.

Strangely though, it's for a different amount. I'm being charged $59.99 while my order confirmation lists $58.24. What's up with that? I'm thinking rising gas prices forced an increase in shipping rates, but shouldn't they honor what they originally quoted me?

Has anyone else had a different amount charged than expected??

And for the record, I'm not going to crucify Sideshow over a dollar and change. I just hope I don't start getting charged excessive amounts beyond what I'm quoted.

Turbowars
03-18-2006, 05:26 PM
While my account page hasn't switched to "Shipping Soon", my credit card finally has a pending charge from Sideshow Collectibles.

Strangely though, it's for a different amount. I'm being charged $59.99 while my order confirmation lists $58.24. What's up with that? I'm thinking rising gas prices forced an increase in shipping rates, but shouldn't they honor what they originally quoted me?

Has anyone else had a different amount charged than expected??

And for the record, I'm not going to crucify Sideshow over a dollar and change. I just hope I don't start getting charged excessive amounts beyond what I'm quoted.I called and got info to pay with a money order and they quoted me a total of $59.00. I believe some people are being charged different amounts due to location.

Sith Lord 0498
03-18-2006, 05:37 PM
I called and got info to pay with a money order and they quoted me a total of $59.00. I believe some people are being charged different amounts due to location.

Thanks for the info, Turbowars. That's probably the reason.

Still, it'd be much better if they could provide an accurate quote in the first place. It's not like these are oversized items.

Turbowars
03-18-2006, 05:53 PM
No problem, but I do agree with you. There should be more of a plat rate kind of thing.

Sith Lord 0498
03-19-2006, 12:36 PM
No problem, but I do agree with you. There should be more of a plat rate kind of thing.

It doesn't even have to be a flat rate kind of thing because I can appreciate the fact that shipping something further away incurs more costs. What I want them to do is stick to the price quote that they generate in the first place. If shipping costs go up for them in the meantime, too bad!

I know I may sound a bit harsh, and some could argue that Sideshow has no way of knowing how shipping costs may change months down the line when the item is ready to ship out.

However, the fact that we have to pre-order figures that far in advance is Sideshow's own doing. They even warn customers that we better pre-order as soon as possible because we're not going to make enough to stick around for a long time. The least they can do is stick to the final prices they quote us.

If they don't want to do that, then close the gap between pre-order and actual delivery. Honestly, there's no reason for them to make their 1/6 scale figures available for pre-order that far in advance. They're only $50 a pop on average. It's not like the majority of people need to start saving a ton of dough every month to afford the $1000 bill of an Alien 1:1 scale bust. They can make these figures available for order two months in advance instead of four or five months.

OK...I'm done with my soapbox now. :)

dr_evazan22
03-19-2006, 03:46 PM
Order Subtotal: $49.99
Coupon () $(0.00)
Estimated S&H: $8.25
Tax: $0.00
GRAND TOTAL: $58.24

This is from the confirmation email that was sent for my Luke. It, and your order page, clearly say estimated.

Sith Lord 0498
03-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Coupon () $(0.00)
Tax: $0.00
GRAND TOTAL: $58.24

This is from the confirmation email that was sent for my Luke. It, and your order page, clearly say estimated.

Think you can come over and help me get my entire leg out of my mouth??? :D

Yeah, I took another look and it does say "estimated" S&H. I must say though that this is the first time I've ordered on-line and had the final total change like this on me, so my brain didn't even register the "estimated" part.

For those who've ordered from Sideshow before, usually how close is the estimated shipping to the actual shipping? Does it change often?

Hellboy
03-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Think you can come over and help me get my entire leg out of my mouth??? :D

lol lol lol

For those who've ordered from Sideshow before, usually how close is the estimated shipping to the actual shipping? Does it change often?

I've ordered quite a few pieces from SS and the shipping estimate is usually pretty accurate. I've only noticed it being adjusted a few times.

Sith Lord 0498
03-20-2006, 08:15 PM
I've ordered quite a few pieces from SS and the shipping estimate is usually pretty accurate. I've only noticed it being adjusted a few times.

Thanks for the info. That's a relief. Like I previously said, a dollar or two is no big deal. I just didn't want to see it get out of hand and end up paying an extra five or ten dollars for shipping.

Can't wait for this thing to finally ship!! :)

AmanaMatt
03-20-2006, 09:11 PM
My online statement still doesn't show as charged, but I got the e-mail confirmation from Fedex that Luke has shipped. Since in Tx, he'll be here 3/23. I often get e-mail confirmations like this before I see the actual charged posted to my account....

On the e-mail, it has the following:

Shipped Scheduled COD Payment
Tracking Id Date Date Type COD
Amount
********* 3/20/2006 3/23/2006

The COD part of the e-mail confused me, but I saw below it has COD amt $0, so I assume this is just a generic E-mail form sent with applicable info filled out?

Turbowars
03-20-2006, 09:16 PM
My online statement still doesn't show as charged, but I got the e-mail confirmation from Fedex that Luke has shipped. Since in Tx, he'll be here 3/23. I often get e-mail confirmations like this before I see the actual charged posted to my account....

On the e-mail, it has the following:

Shipped Scheduled COD Payment
Tracking Id Date Date Type COD
Amount
*********** 3/20/2006 3/23/2006

The COD part of the e-mail confused me, but I saw below it has COD amt $0, so I assume this is just a generic E-mail form sent with applicable info filled out?Very interesting. Good news though! When did you get this e-mail?

AmanaMatt
03-20-2006, 10:01 PM
7:45p, Pacific time.

What is strange for me, I see neither my credit card charge online nor the Sideshow site showing my item as shipped - still shows 'Order placed'

Turbowars
03-20-2006, 10:05 PM
Interesting. I got all excited and checked my account on SSC and it to just says order placed. I thought I'd be one of the 1st to get him. Oh well:cry: ;)

BlueSnags
03-20-2006, 10:35 PM

I'm being charged $62.46 and I live right down the street from Turbo. :hurt:

mm74md
03-21-2006, 10:21 AM
It makes no sense. I live in Maryland and my charge is $58.52, just 28 cents more that the estimated price. CA folks are getting the shaft from Sideshow

dr_evazan22
03-21-2006, 10:34 AM
I keep checking my order status... and its NOT UPDATED!!!!!!!!

C'mon now!

mm74md
03-21-2006, 11:39 AM
I keep checking my order status... and its NOT UPDATED!!!!!!!!

C'mon now!

They just changed mine over night last night. Your's will come soon!

JediTricks
03-21-2006, 02:29 PM
It makes no sense. I live in Maryland and my charge is $58.52, just 28 cents more that the estimated price. CA folks are getting the shaft from SideshowYeah, plus we have to pay sales tax :ermm:, on Luke my breakdown was:
Tax: $4.22
GRAND TOTAL: $62.46

AmanaMatt
03-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Well, my order is arriving Thurs, but my SS account doesn't show as 'order shipped' still just 'order placed' and my bank statement does not yet show the credit card charge. Maybe I got a free one? :lipsrseal

Reefer Shark
03-21-2006, 07:34 PM
Hmm.. my local comic shop is getting me a luke, so I'm missing out on all this email notification fun. I missed out on the exclusive, so I might as well save a few bucks with the regular version on the comic shop discount. I'll get my Luke on one of these Wednesdays (soon hopefully)!

Darth Cruel
03-21-2006, 09:32 PM
My status has changed to "Shipping Soon".

BlueSnags
03-21-2006, 10:17 PM
Just got the FedEx email - Sideshow Luke has shipped and will be here tomorrow!!!! :laugh:

Sith Lord 0498
03-22-2006, 08:21 AM
Just got the FedEx email - Sideshow Luke has shipped and will be here tomorrow!!!! :laugh:

Ooohhh...lucky you...mine is "pending charge" on my credit card, "order place" on SSC's site, and no FedEx e-mail yet... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Now in all seriousness, definitely post some pics and a review when you get it and congrats!! :thumbsup:

Hopefully, I'll get some status update today...

BlueSnags
03-22-2006, 09:26 AM
Here's the final charge, it ended up being less than what they originally estimated:

Sub Total: $49.99
Discount: - $0.00
Freight: $5.20
Sales Tax: $3.62
------------
Invoice Total: $58.81

JediTricks
03-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Mine is here! Mine is here! I'm going to go pick it up right now!!! It's here it's here it's here!!!

What the hell?!? Bluesnags pays 28 cents less for shipping than I do? He lives like 5 miles further from Bell, CA than I do! ...Scratch that, it turns out that it shipped from the Fed Ex in Ventura, Bell was simply them driving it PAST my friggin' mailbox to another station before coming halfway back the trip to Hollywood, silly Fed Ex - so Snaggy is closer by a few miles.

Freight: $5.48
Sales Tax: $3.62
------------
Invoice Total: $59.09

Hellboy
03-22-2006, 04:43 PM
Mine will be here Friday. The shipping costs seem very reasonable. Not paying Sales Tax is always nice too. :D Overall I think its a great value. :pleased: Hopefully everybody feels the same and is pleased with their purchase when all is said and done.

Freight: $5.87
Sales Tax: $0.00
------------
Invoice Total: $55.86

JediTricks
03-22-2006, 04:45 PM
EAT IT *****ES! LUKE IS IN MY GRASP!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

:D

Ok, that wasn't very nice. ;) I was kinda hoping the shipping materials would be a little more substantial on it, there's a double-walled cardboard box and then a thin layer of bubble wrap, that's it, it's a tight fit so if the corner smashes or anything goes through the outer cardboard it'll definitely take out the figure's packaging as well. It is marked "fragile" though so probably nothing will happen.

Hellboy
03-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Nice JT!! :thumbsup:

I'm assuming you're opening yours? If so I'd love to read a brief review if you have the time. :)

JediTricks
03-22-2006, 04:54 PM
Opening as we speak. There's also a piece of tissue separating the 2 window sub-boxes of the main packaging, nice touch.

JediTricks
03-22-2006, 05:48 PM
The likeness is great in person, the photos on the web don't really do it justice. The paint isn't over the top, although it is in force around the eyes but there is a sense of realism from that so it's ok. The open mouth thing isn't as bad as I feared, it doesn't hurt the likeness which looks so nice from just off to either side, there's plenty of subtle detail here.

The outfit is tight, especially at the top, yet he can still move in it which is surprising. The flap on his tunic has wire so it can be posed open or closed, that's amazing! The belt is so much nicer than anything Hasbro's ever done, the parts are even held on by real metal rivets, they're tiny and flat and look great. Articulation is awesome, I like how the sideshow body can have its shoulders shrug forward or back a little, lots of expression from something so minor. The vest is a bit too blue, maybe that's accurate to the movie costume but it seems off based on what it looks like to me, the vest is nice though and fits loosely until you add the separate belt which is very snug and brings it back to perfection. The cloak seemed way off at first, it's brown so that's already kinda weird, the hood is really big, it's floofy felt material, yet once hooked around his neck, it fits him just right, the hood has a wire in the front so it poses very well and uses the extra space to sit nicely in the back rather than stick up like a dunce cap - the cloak does its job well, he can even cross his arms under it and still have it closed, yet it's not too big or bulky. The robe did leave fuzzy stuff on the figure's outfit but it came right off without trouble.

The hands are on tiny pegs, they come off easily so pose first then attach hands. The hands are decent, just rubbery enough so they can fit around stuff yet not goopy and useless, they're well-painted with subtle wash around the details and nails. The blasted hand is black and has nifty sculpting inside, the black glove is fantastic in a saber-holding pose; the regular right hand, non-shot or gloved, holds the SE version's blaster very very well yet it also comes with the regular figure for holding the lightsaber. The left hands are both decent, one for holding the saber and one for doing a subtle Jedi Mind Trick - a fairly neutral hand really.

One minor quibble, Luke's arms are a bit too thin and long, it's pretty minor but didn't take long for me to notice.

Poseability is awesome, the wrist articulation points and forearm rotation work in concert to give a ton of movement range. The double-jointed elbows allow for a natural bend, and the shoulders while feeling loose actually hold very nicely. The boots are too strong to do any ankle posing so far, but they rotate well. The rest is great too, first thing I went to was the "Vader final strike" pose from the end of the ROTJ duel, and with a little thought I was able to finally after all these years get the pose I really wanted from a 12" Luke figure!

All in all, I'm more impressed with this piece than I thought I'd be, I was a bit apprehensive about getting into this line but now I am fully happy. And I have to tell you folks who missed the SE version - you ain't missing much, it's a nice gun but he holds it in the movie for a couple seconds, if you despair over missing out on that gun and a little gold foil sticker on the front, you're cheating yourself of a fantastic collector's piece.

JediTricks
03-22-2006, 06:19 PM
Crap, I forgot to mention the accessories. The bone is pretty good, a little rubbery, great paint work. The clothing accessories and extra hands I already mentioned. The stand I didn't assemble, but the base appears classy like most SSC stands, it is just black with the classic SW logo in silver paint plus copyright text in small letters around the rim.

The lightsaber is where it's at for me, this is the type of accessory I got into 12"-scale figures for in the first place. The hilts are identical, except one has a blade glued into place. The details are AMAZINGLY accurate, the painted rings, the brass neck, the tiny work on the activation box, and the pommel. The D-ring is very thin but real metal, it hangs the saber off the belt a bit closely as it did in the movie. The saber appears to be assembled from 2 pieces, the pommel end is separate from the rest. The bladed version looks good but thin, SSC tried to straddle the line between prop realism and movie looks, the green color is just see-through-enough that I won't complaint, it looks good, but at the same time it's thin and then tapers even thinner, I knew this was the case going in so I can't say I'm surprised - it's good but I would have preferred non-tapered for a blade this thin. The hilt I was concerned would be too thin, but in person it is just right and fits well with his hands.

The SE-exclusive accessory is the skiff guard gun, it's got a very nice sculpt and is just the right shape, paint is good but not complicated, it's pretty stiff and thin so don't let it fall because I can't imagine it surviving. And it fits great in the figure's "normal" right hand which has a separated trigger finger.

Turbowars
03-22-2006, 06:41 PM
Man, let me tell you guys SSC customer service sucks @ss! I just called them about why my status hasn't changed from Order Placed to Shipping and the girl just rattled on about some BS. I tried to get her to check my account and she wouldn't and said the same thing over to me again. I was about to ask her if she was stupid or something, but I just hung up.

I'm not going to read any reviews until I get mine. I'm a bit ****eed right now especially when I was one of the 1st to order and I live 20 miles from SS!:upset:

Hellboy
03-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the review JT. It sounds amazing and if you're giving this figure high marks I'm sure he will definitely meet and possibly even exceed my expectations. Now I really can't wait for mine to arrive.

Poseability is awesome, the wrist articulation points and forearm rotation work in concert to give a ton of movement range. The double-jointed elbows allow for a natural bend, and the shoulders while feeling loose actually hold very nicely.

So would you say overall the figure has fairly tight joints given the amount of articulation? Basically what I'm wondering is if you think over time he might become loose and lose his ability to hold a complex pose.

Hellboy
03-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Man, let me tell you guys SSC customer service sucks @ss!

I dunno Turbo, don't you think thats a little harsh? Its not like they own a teleporter or something. :rolleyes:

Personally I've had very good experiences with SS's customer service. I've even returned merchandise for what most would feel is very nitpicky problems and they've always been extremely helpful offering a replacement and shipping it out very efficiently.

Turbowars
03-22-2006, 07:15 PM
I dunno Turbo, don't you think thats a little harsh? Its not like they own a teleporter or something. :rolleyes:

.What the hell are you talking about? Teleporter? There's guys that live about 2-5 miles away from me and they have Luke already and SS couldn't even tell me what was going on with my order. They wouldn't even look into my account. (that's what I'm most POed about) Know what you are talking about before you open your mouth.:thumbsup:

JediTricks
03-22-2006, 07:20 PM
Gee Hellboy, no pressure. ;) I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

As for the joints, I did mention that the shoulders feel a little loose, and the wrists pop easily, but overall I am not sure as I've never experienced Sideshow jointed bodies before, each manufacturer's quality acts differently. I suppose my best educated guess is it may not hold poses over the long haul, yet my gut reaction is that it actually will - the legs seem like they're gonna do their job right, elbows are definitely not a problem, the torso seemed good, so it's just the wrists and shoulders that are in question I suppose.

That sucks Turbo, try asking for a supervisor or something, maybe emailing them. I wouldn't be surprised to hear their recent move caused some problems, but they should answer this anyway.

Hellboy
03-22-2006, 07:42 PM
What the hell are you talking about? Teleporter? There's guys that live about 2-5 miles away from me and they have Luke already and SS couldn't even tell me what was going on with my order. They wouldn't even look into my account. (that's what I'm most POed about) Know what you are talking about before you open your mouth.:thumbsup:

I completely understood what you were talking about but they just started shipping these and it seems unfair to say the company as a whole has suck @ss customer service based on your dealings with one person is all. I certainly wasn't trying to offend you, only making a joke about how fast they are able to get these out, jeez. :hurt:

Thanks for answering my question JT thats good to know. :)

AmanaMatt
03-22-2006, 07:46 PM
Jt, you have me pumped for this too! I already was but way more hearing that glowing review from you!

Ok, a little annoying, but I received a second e-mail today with a new tracking date - Friday instead of Thur, so I have one more day to wait.:ninja: I did received my e-mail invoice too with the grand total of $56.19 (I live in Texas) - Ok, I am 1500 miles away and pay less than Ca folks (of course no sales tax), but still, crazy world we live in!

My credit card finally was charged so everything is a go for Friday! I cannot wait to get more in this line. Sure glad I preordered them all. :D

IG65
03-22-2006, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the great review JT, very thurough. I unfortunately missed the exclusive Luke (although it sounds like I'm not missing much) and had to order the regular version through a third party online toy merchant, but I am totally stoked that I managed to get all the other exclusives based on what I have heard from you so far. It's too bad collectors couldn't have received this level of information before the line began, Sideshow could have doubled the production runs and still sold out quickly. :rolleyes:

AmanaMatt
03-22-2006, 09:17 PM
Pictures, please! :)

Turbowars
03-23-2006, 12:18 AM
Saw Bluesnag's Luke tonight and it looks great! Punk wouldn't open it though. Yeah you heard me PUNK.

Still no status change as of now, so with SSC move they will be closed until Monday and I guess I'll get mine in 2 weeks. I think I'm going to cancel.

Sith Lord 0498
03-23-2006, 05:51 AM
Still no status change as of now, so with SSC move they will be closed until Monday and I guess I'll get mine in 2 weeks. I think I'm going to cancel.

I'm under the impression that it's only their customer service department that will be closed today and tomorrow while they transfer their computer system and phone services to the new center. I don't think the warehouse will be affected by that. At most, it may delay an update to our status on the account.

Of course, that could just be wishful thinking on my part because I live in Pennsylvania...I'm already going to be waiting on the far end of the shipping time (probably a week for me), so I'm hoping it's getting out of California soon.

Personally, I won't cancel my order because this may be one of my only shots at getting Luke. Besides, I've been waiting since mid-November. I can wait a little while longer.

Don't get me wrong...if it's Monday and I still have no kind of updates, I'll be on that phone with SSC and won't leave them alone until I get a definitive, non-BS answer about my order status!! ;) :thumbsup:

Sith Lord 0498
03-23-2006, 06:30 AM
I may have spoken too soon. Now, I'm confused and potentially PO'd but I won't know if it's justified until Monday when SSC reopens.

I just checked both my SSC and Mastercard accounts. SSC still lists Luke as order placed. My Mastercard has had a pending charge of $59.99 from Sideshow Collectibles on there since last Friday. Just checked it now and...

...absolutley nothing!! That's right...pending charge is gone, but it never posted. I'm back up to my previous available credit. From what I'm seeing, Sideshow authorized my card for Luke, left it go for a week, and now it's like it was never there.

Unfortunately, SSC's call center will be closed until Monday, so I'm left scratching my head.

Here are some theories I'd like to bounce off you.

Sideshow didn't get their full shipment yet, hence the reason some have already received Luke and others (like myself) haven't even received a shipping notice. SSC authorizes the cards in advance but don't finalize the transaction until the item ships. Since mine hasn't arrived in warehouse yet, they left it as pending.

Now...either SSC knows the rest will be delayed for a substantial period of time and they cancelled the authorization and will redo it again in a week or so...

OR...

My credit card issuer cancelled the pending charge on their own because SSC never finalized it. If this is the case, I hope that doesn't screw up my order.

For those of you who've ordered from Sideshow before, does this seem a likely scenario??? Has this ever happened to you before???

This just further cements my belief that while SSC is artistically excellent, their customer service and ordering systems suck beyond belief. :upset: :upset: :upset:

anti-hero
03-23-2006, 02:03 PM
I just checked both my SSC and Mastercard accounts. SSC still lists Luke as order placed. My Mastercard has had a pending charge of $59.99 from Sideshow Collectibles on there since last Friday. Just checked it now and...

...absolutley nothing!! That's right...pending charge is gone, but it never posted. I'm back up to my previous available credit. From what I'm seeing, Sideshow authorized my card for Luke, left it go for a week, and now it's like it was never there.

I wonder if the charge went through and it takes a while for you to see it. I know on my CC account it's only showing me charges from Monday but no later.

I'm a little frustrated too since my accout still says order placed and I've received no email regarding shipping. I called the other day since I had a CC issue to let them know about and I was told it would ship Tuesday or Wednesday. Now it looks like I'll be waiting into mid to late next week for it. Oh well, all will be forgiven as soon as it's in my hands.

JT, love to hear the the final strike pose is do-able, that's how mine will be set up! But one Q, can he hold his arms out straight and still have both holding the saber, as in a downward slash motion?

JediTricks
03-23-2006, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the great review JT, very thurough. I unfortunately missed the exclusive Luke (although it sounds like I'm not missing much) and had to order the regular version through a third party online toy merchant, but I am totally stoked that I managed to get all the other exclusives based on what I have heard from you so far. It's too bad collectors couldn't have received this level of information before the line began, Sideshow could have doubled the production runs and still sold out quickly. :rolleyes:This is why Sideshow should send me all their production models before they release them to preorder. ;) I can review 'em and let you folks know what I think. :D

Sorry Matt, I've been too busy to shoot photos of it yet, will try to get a few shots in when I can but my situation is crazy right now.

Turbo, I know it's super frustrating and the situation sucks, but don't give up hope yet, at least wait until you get an email back or talk to a supervisor. They're gonna be back on Monday, and shipping here in SoCal is overnight so if they are able to ship it, it'll be in your hands the next day.

Regarding shipping issues during the move, they are unaffected, only customer service is:

To accomplish this move our Customer Service Department will be closed Thursday, March 23rd and Friday, March 24th in order to relocate our computer and phone systems, which means you may receive a busy signal if you call at this time.

JT, love to hear the the final strike pose is do-able, that's how mine will be set up! But one Q, can he hold his arms out straight and still have both holding the saber, as in a downward slash motion?Yes, he can hold his arms out straight and hold the saber, both in front of him and above his head. The rotating forearms and hinged wrists work together like real human anatomy so you can angle the wrists side to side or rotate the forearm and wrists and angle the wrists up and down instead, the 2 types of articulation work in concert for that pose.

Sith Lord 0498
03-23-2006, 05:31 PM
I wonder if the charge went through and it takes a while for you to see it. I know on my CC account it's only showing me charges from Monday but no later.

That's just it. I know it didn't go through because my "available credit" went back up by $60. While the charge is going through, it's under "pending charges" and then goes to "transaction details" when it clears. Sideshow's charge just vanished.

Turbowars
03-23-2006, 06:40 PM
Turbo, I know it's super frustrating and the situation sucks, but don't give up hope yet, at least wait until you get an email back or talk to a supervisor. They're gonna be back on Monday, and shipping here in SoCal is overnight so if they are able to ship it, it'll be in your hands the next day.

Yeah I know, I was just being dramatic. I'm unhappy with SS though. Not that they will care if I canceled or not. I'd just be hurting myself if I did anyways.

AmanaMatt
03-23-2006, 08:01 PM
No problems, JT....just curious, does the cloak seem high quality in person. Some of the pics I have now seen make the material looked frayed...? I'm not too worried at all - these huge pics can really over magnify a non issue.

My Luke is arriving tomorrow!

Turbowars
03-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Rub it in why don't you.:cry:

Jayspawn
03-23-2006, 08:15 PM
I have no idea when mine is showing up. So it'll be a nice supprise when it does. I got mine through another etailer for a lower cost since I missed the Exclusive anyways.

AmanaMatt
03-23-2006, 11:04 PM
Rub it in why don't you.:cry:

I do feel bad for those that have to wait.....sorry, guys!

Update: Ok, I received my Luke and have not yet taken him out of the box, but he looks AWSOME in person. While the expression is 'kinda' goofy, that looks like Hamill, which is sweet.

My only issue: The packing box is so tight in relation to the actual Jedi box, that he arrive to me slightly dinged up - the main flap has a pretty noticeable indentation in it cause by the shipping - I left a message with Sideshow about it, and I will be very curious as to their handling of this - I really do not want to send him back as he is awsome, but I'll let you all know how this is resolved. If that is it, I am not too upset, but I left a message and told them they should make the shipping boxes bigger and include better insulation for the inner contents.

Considering that much effort went into the look and design of Jedi Luke, it is a shame that it arrived in 'Near Mint to Very Fine' condition as opposed to 'MINT'

JediTricks
03-24-2006, 02:57 PM
No problems, JT....just curious, does the cloak seem high quality in person. Some of the pics I have now seen make the material looked frayed...? I'm not too worried at all - these huge pics can really over magnify a non issue.

My Luke is arriving tomorrow!It's decent quality, but it's felt so photos of it look probably frayed because of the fuzziness of the material.

Sucks about yours getting dinged, I posted in the "open or not open" thread about the packaging being too tight, I suspected this very situation would happen.

Blue2th
03-24-2006, 04:19 PM
I do feel bad for those that have to wait.....sorry, guys!

Update: Ok, I received my Luke and have not yet taken him out of the box, but he looks AWSOME in person. While the expression is 'kinda' goofy, that looks like Hamill, which is sweet.

My only issue: The packing box is so tight in relation to the actual Jedi box, that he arrive to me slightly dinged up - the main flap has a pretty noticeable indentation in it cause by the shipping - I left a message with Sideshow about it, and I will be very curious as to their handling of this - I really do not want to send him back as he is awsome, but I'll let you all know how this is resolved. If that is it, I am not too upset, but I left a message and told them they should make the shipping boxes bigger and include better insulation for the inner contents.

Considering that much effort went into the look and design of Jedi Luke, it is a shame that it arrived in 'Near Mint to Very Fine' condition as opposed to 'MINT'
That is a shame Amanamatt. I received my Exclusive Luke today. I noticed how small the box was. Sure enough he was packed in there pretty tight. Luckily the package wasn't damaged or I would have been in an uncontrollable rage if it was. Sideshow needs to address this problem immediately! I could see if my package was dropped once or mishandled, the inside box would have been damaged. This is unacceptable! Why go to such great lengths to please us picky collectors, then pack our hard won figures (the exclusives) in easily damaged packing. If I can get on the SS forums I will make sure I mention it. If somebody hasn't already. I've got every one of the Exclusives on the way. I don't want any of them damaged in even the slightest. This needs to be fixed now before any more ship! C'mon people let's gang up on them, before this potential disaster gets really bad.

Chaddymac
03-25-2006, 06:10 PM
[QUOTE=JediTricks]Crap, I forgot to mention the accessories...[QUOTE]

Okay, I LOVE my Luke. It's the first 12" figure I've ever bought and I'm convinced it was worth the money. I ironed the wrinkles out of the cloak (by the way, the brown is accurate, probably the gray/blue vest too--it's just the lighting in Jabba's palace sucks).

My only complaint is that the lightsaber hilt seems to have the ring clipped to the wrong place. It's situated so that the ignition button hangs AGAINST the leg and there for juts out. Is it just mine, or is everyone's like that? If it's just mine, I'm really kinda peeved. It actually makes a pretty big difference in how the figure looks...

JediTricks
03-26-2006, 04:01 PM
That's how it is in the movie prop, the D-ring is foolishly placed on the pommel's square that's right below the activation box. http://www.partsofsw.com/jedsab.htm

And it's not clipped on, the hole is drilled into that specific spot and the D-ring itself is pushed into the hole.

Chaddymac
03-26-2006, 04:09 PM
That's how it is in the movie prop, the D-ring is foolishly placed on the pommel's square that's right below the activation box. http://www.partsofsw.com/jedsab.htm

And it's not clipped on, the hole is drilled into that specific spot and the D-ring itself is pushed into the hole.
well, this is one instance where movie acuracy could have been sacrificed for my tastes. That, or a more secure method of attaching the hilt to his belt. Whatever. I just took a safety pin, heated it up, and drove it through a different groove and ran the ring through it--just like in Sideshow's official photos.

Turbowars
03-26-2006, 08:04 PM
well, this is one instance where movie acuracy could have been sacrificed for my tastes. That, or a more secure method of attaching the hilt to his belt. Whatever. I just took a safety pin, heated it up, and drove it through a different groove and ran the ring through it--just like in Sideshow's official photos.Chad, even you got the F--cking Jedi Luke?!?!?! Man I even more POed! SSC can kiss my behind, well until I get him and then I will be oh SSC you are the best.:cross-eye

Darth Cruel
03-26-2006, 08:43 PM
Chad, even you got the F--cking Jedi Luke?!?!?! Man I even more POed! SSC can kiss my behind, well until I get him and then I will be oh SSC you are the best.:cross-eye

I ordered my regular edition with fewer than 20 left and got it on Thursday. I figured I would be the last to get mine. I guess living 100 miles away from the warehouse has it's benefits. Also, the one they sent me is an exclusive edition! I was Stoked to see that! Turb, I may have gotten yours!

I couldn't help myself on that one, Turb! You are the sole reason I chose to go ahead and collect this line even after missing the first exclusive (I refer to post #62 on the "12" Jedi Luke, Come on down!!!!!!!" thread)!

The truth is...I haven't recieved any word on my regular edition Jedi Luke shipping and I caved and bought the exclusive on eBay after the prices started coming down.

Jayspawn
03-26-2006, 08:48 PM
well, this is one instance where movie acuracy could have been sacrificed for my tastes.

Movie acuracy should never be sacrificed.

I have the regular Luke on order and couldnt be happier about it. Whenever it arrives is fine.

Turbowars
03-26-2006, 08:55 PM
I ordered my regular edition with fewer than 20 left and got it on Thursday. I figured I would be the last to get mine. I guess living 100 miles away from the warehouse has it's benefits. Also, the one they sent me is an exclusive edition! I was Stoked to see that! Turb, I may have gotten yours!

I couldn't help myself on that one, Turb! You are the sole reason I chose to go ahead and collect this line even after missing the first exclusive (I refer to post #62 on the "12" Jedi Luke, Come on down!!!!!!!" thread)!

The truth is...I haven't recieved any word on my regular edition Jedi Luke shipping and I caved and bought the exclusive on eBay after the prices started coming down.Great, I'm happy I could be the deciding factor to spend 1000's on a new collection. :thumbsup: Do any of you ever wish that all of your collection would just disappear so you could move on? Man I need to get on some anti- depressants.:cry:

nash
03-27-2006, 02:03 AM
so you ordered a "REGULAR" version luke but they shipped you an Exclusive? Wow thats not very reassuring to know... someone just go ripped.

Darth Cruel
03-27-2006, 08:47 AM
so you ordered a "REGULAR" version luke but they shipped you an Exclusive? Wow thats not very reassuring to know... someone just go ripped.

You have to read the whole post, buddy. I was giving Turbowars a hard time. Sideshow hasn't sent me ANYTHING yet.

Darth Cruel
03-27-2006, 05:09 PM
OK. So I just got the exclusive edition that i ordered from ebay. And I have at least 4 quality issues with it already. The small ring behind the lightsaber hook on his belt has fallen off already. Both of the D-rings do not sit flat against the 'saber hilts and this does affect the way they lay against the hip of the figure. And the wire poked out of the cowl. Not a very good start. But at least I think I can fix these problems without altering the figure.

Turbowars
03-27-2006, 07:53 PM
Fedex says Luke should be in my hands by Tomorrow. We shall see.

JediTricks
03-28-2006, 12:14 AM
well, this is one instance where movie acuracy could have been sacrificed for my tastes. That, or a more secure method of attaching the hilt to his belt. Whatever. I just took a safety pin, heated it up, and drove it through a different groove and ran the ring through it--just like in Sideshow's official photos.EEE! :eek: How DARE you customize your toy that you paid for and own outright?!? ;)

Damn DC, that sucks bad about yours! I can't say I'm entirely surprised the D-ring fell off, the scale on that sucker makes it waaaaay too small, it felt like it could go if I looked at it funny, but it did stay on mine. The bendy wire out of the cowl, that's lame!!! Did it bust through a seam or just slide out the end?

Turbo, glad to hear it's finally shipped, I can't imagine them jerking you around bad enough to give you a FedEx tracking number for a non-existant item. :p Let us know.

Darth Cruel
03-28-2006, 08:28 AM
Damn DC, that sucks bad about yours! I can't say I'm entirely surprised the D-ring fell off, the scale on that sucker makes it waaaaay too small, it felt like it could go if I looked at it funny, but it did stay on mine. The bendy wire out of the cowl, that's lame!!! Did it bust through a seam or just slide out the end?

I wish I were that lucky, JT. It tore right through the material. The only saving grace is that the hole was not at the end and I was able to re-bend the wire to make it long enough to bypass the hole AND put it back in. And fortunately the hole is too small to be noticeable unless you know exactly what to look for and where.

Sith Lord 0498
03-28-2006, 11:35 AM
I just got off the phone with Sideshow and thought I'd throw a few things out here...

1) Regular Editions are now being processed. Mine is already in their shipping department and will probably go out by the end of tomorrow. As a point of reference (however good it may do), I ordered mine on 11/12/05.

2) With reference to FedEx delivery screw-ups reported mostly on Rebelscum and sideshowcollectors.com, changing carriers (e.g. switching from FedEx to UPS) is not as easy as assumed. The shipping manager must approve the switch and you have to justify it (e.g. - your particular FedEx office screwed up your delivery)

3) Don't necessarily rely on your Sideshow or credit card accounts to tell you when your figure is in the pipeline. My SSC account still says "Order Placed", and my Mastercard doesn't even reflect a charge from Sideshow.

Best bet...call Sideshow and ask them to check your order status as it will be the most current.

Turbowars
03-28-2006, 11:47 AM
Best bet...call Sideshow and ask them to check your order status as it will be the most current.Yeah right!:rolleyes:

dr_evazan22
03-28-2006, 12:16 PM
I just got off the phone with Sideshow and thought I'd throw a few things out here...

1) Regular Editions are now being processed. Mine is already in their shipping department and will probably go out by the end of tomorrow. As a point of reference (however good it may do), I ordered mine on 11/12/05.

I've been so patient, but still no word. Well, patient on here at least. I've been checking my acct at least once a day. Still waiting on the tracking email tho...

Sith Lord 0498
03-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Yeah right!:rolleyes:

Why's that? Because it won't be up-to-date or because you think they'll get b%tchy with you? All I can say is that the phone rep I spoke was more than willing to check on things for me. I didn't even ask her to check my account specifically...I just asked when the regular editions would start shipping. She's the one who got my information and looked up my particular order in the system.

Anyways...it's just a suggestion :)

Turbowars
03-28-2006, 12:37 PM
Why's that? Because it won't be up-to-date or because you think they'll get b%tchy with you? All I can say is that the phone rep I spoke was more than willing to check on things for me. I didn't even ask her to check my account specifically...I just asked when the regular editions would start shipping. She's the one who got my information and looked up my particular order in the system.

Anyways...it's just a suggestion :)Last week when I called I asked the girl nicely to look at my account and she wouldn't do it. She didn't ask for my info to do so. She just rattled on with them moving. It doesn't matter now, Luke should be here any minute now. I have been very impatient with this and to be fair the move really did mess things up. I'm sure SSC customer service is fine.

BlueSnags
03-28-2006, 12:44 PM
Last week when I called I asked the girl nicely to look at my account and she wouldn't do it. She didn't ask for my info to do so. She just rattled on with them moving. It doesn't matter now, Luke should be here any minute now. I have been very impatient with this and to be fair the move really did mess things up. I'm sure SSC customer service is fine.

I just called Sideshow and they mentioned there is a problem with the Luke orders that went out yesterday.

Apparently all the heads were mistakenly swapped out with the head of their 12" "Famous People" Abraham Lincoln doll. They may be doing a recall for the goofed-up figures, but aren't sure because they think collectors may want to keep them since they are now considered rare variations. More info to follow soon.

Turbowars
03-28-2006, 04:01 PM
Luke showed up today at 10:30 in perfect condition. I opened him and SS did a outstanding job.

JediTricks
03-28-2006, 04:53 PM
I wish I were that lucky, JT. It tore right through the material. The only saving grace is that the hole was not at the end and I was able to re-bend the wire to make it long enough to bypass the hole AND put it back in. And fortunately the hole is too small to be noticeable unless you know exactly what to look for and where.Oh man, through the fabric, that's a bummer, I hadn't considered that. At least it's not too noticable. Maybe you could patch it, if it's small enough a tiny bit of crazy glue should melt it back together (TINY AMOUNT!!! Try testing it on a piece that's not noticable first even).

Glad you got your Luke, Turbo!

K M Toydarian
03-28-2006, 08:04 PM
Just wanted to put a question out there. Has anyone had past experience with Sideshow's "Wait Lists"?
They still have the Luke reg. edition wait list available, so I put my name down a few days ago. I didn't order him at first because I was only going to get NEW characters not made by Hasbro. I thought I would be content upgrading the body of a Hasbro Jedi Luke and doing a bit of customizing. Now, with everyone's reviews, I want them all!
What do you think the chances are of getting contacted?
I can't wait for my first preorder to come - Obi Wan. I did wait list for Ani as well, but would love to get a Comic-Con edition if it is Sith Eyes Anakin.

Turbowars
03-28-2006, 08:19 PM
I put myself on the 1/4 Vader wait list a while back and I was contacted, but I didn't have the cash at the time. So it does work, but don't know if it will be as easy on a lower priced item.

Hellboy
03-28-2006, 08:20 PM
Just wanted to put a question out there. Has anyone had past experience with Sideshow's "Wait Lists"?

I'd say your chances are very good to excellent. Every time I've used the Wait List (6 times now) it has eventually been converted into an order. Once the regular editions start to ship there will definitely be people who cancel at the last minute or for whatever reason their credit cards could not be processed. Of course the sooner you got on the list the better your chances are. Good luck. :)

Darth Cruel
03-28-2006, 08:25 PM
They still have the Luke reg. edition wait list available, so I put my name down a few days ago. I didn't order him at first because I was only going to get NEW characters not made by Hasbro. I thought I would be content upgrading the body of a Hasbro Jedi Luke and doing a bit of customizing. Now, with everyone's reviews, I want them all!
I can't wait for my first preorder to come - Obi Wan. I did wait list for Ani as well, but would love to get a Comic-Con edition if it is Sith Eyes Anakin.

You HAVE to get on the wait list if you want a Luke. You have absolutely NOTHING to lose by getting on it. But also, If you are willing to pay the 60.00 (more or less) for the regular Luke, Keep an eye on eBay as well. The price of these figures is dropping fast (I could kill myself for paying what I did knowing how I feel about secondary market prices and with all of the preaching I do against it). I will bet that not too long from now the price will drop to 75.00 shipped.

mm74md
03-28-2006, 08:29 PM

I just cancelled all my SW & LOTR Sideshow figures so wait lists will give lots of people a chance. I can't afford to start this line when I'm so into Gentle Giant & Koto's.

AmanaMatt
03-28-2006, 08:36 PM
I have used waitlists three times, and all three have converted over to actual orders, so it does work. Right now, I am on a waitlist for their Highlander fig, so we'll see if I can go 4 for 4.

Turbowars
03-28-2006, 08:38 PM
Here's a side by side of SS's and Hasbro's lukes. You decide.

AmanaMatt
03-28-2006, 08:46 PM
In certain types of light, Sideshow's Luke looks unbelievably realistic.

Chaddymac
03-28-2006, 11:21 PM
Eww.

Waitlists: My Luke Exclusive was a waitlist item. I highly recommend it.

Look's hood wire: You mean it's not SUPPOSED to poke through? Mine poked through too, on one end. I thought that was just a design...feature...

Sith Lord 0498
03-29-2006, 05:49 AM
Hoorah!! Just got the e-mail notification that my regular edition Luke Skywalker has shipped and should be here on Saturday. It's funny...last week I had a pre-authorization on my card and no change in my Sideshow account. Now, I have a tracking number and e-mail notice, and my card is the thing that hasn't changed. So I guess for now it's free!!! (yeah, like that'll last long... :) )

Anyways, those of you who ordered regular editions...keep an eye on those inboxes!!

Ahh...next up...Anakin Exclusive!!! :thumbsup:

dr_evazan22
03-29-2006, 08:30 AM
I also just received my email notification, with delivery on Sat too.

JediTricks
03-29-2006, 06:43 PM
Hasbro's ROTJ Luke was one of their better human sculpts and it's COMPLETELY blown out of the water by SSC's version. Thanks for the photo, it also shows the height difference, the Hasbro figure is a little taller in the photo and then when you look down you see that the SSC one is on a lifted stand.

AmanaMatt
03-29-2006, 07:11 PM
Ok, for anyone that gets a damaged box, like some of us have, call Sideshow - I had no luck with leaving a message last Fri as I rec no callback, however, I called in the late afternoon two days ago and spoke to a young lady there - she told me an Aimee would call me within 24 hours. Sure enough, this morning I rec a call and was told to do nothing, they would just ship me the box no problem early next month (April) - she said the replacement boxes would arrive then - she also acknowledged that they have rec other calls like mine.

My issue was just the box and I was honest about that to them. She also indicated that they are aware of the shipping box being too small and causing issues and that they would 'look into it'

dr_evazan22
03-29-2006, 10:24 PM
I was just taking another look at the email from FedExPredelivery, and it shows an estimated delivery date of Tues 4/4, not Sat 4/1, as it says when I click to track. Just thought I'd let you know about that. Also, was charged about 1.25 LESS than the estimate I was given.

Sith Lord 0498
03-30-2006, 05:40 AM
I was just taking another look at the email from FedExPredelivery, and it shows an estimated delivery date of Tues 4/4, not Sat 4/1, as it says when I click to track. Just thought I'd let you know about that. Also, was charged about 1.25 LESS than the estimate I was given.

I had the exact same thing happen with me. Funny how the same company can give you two completely different delivery dates. Oh well...that's FedEx for you. I've been burned by them in the past with Master Replica purchases. Apparently, some of my scaled sabers were "out of delivery" for four whole days!! :rolleyes:

We'll just have to wait and see I suppose. But if FedEx screws around with this order, I'm on the phone to Sideshow and transferring the rest of my pre-orders to UPS even if it is a couple bucks more.

dr_evazan22
03-30-2006, 10:04 AM
When I first saw the 4/1 date, I thought that was REALLY fast, considering its coming from CA.

If I have any problems with this delivery I think I'll do the same.

Samuel Windu
03-30-2006, 10:55 AM
Already avaliable here in Hong Kong now:thumbsup:

See some pics here (http://www.chinese-starwars.com/chineseforum/viewtopic.php?t=5844&sid=58910957928e6ba752c5af46575aed86):razz:

Sith Lord 0498
03-30-2006, 08:14 PM
When I first saw the 4/1 date, I thought that was REALLY fast, considering its coming from CA.

If I have any problems with this delivery I think I'll do the same.

Seems that I spoke too soon. My estimated delivery date has changed from April 1 to April 4 as well. Still, that's understandable considering it's traveling from California to Pennsylvania. I just had better not see it "out for delivery" for more than a single day.

AmanaMatt
03-30-2006, 08:19 PM
Already avaliable here in Hong Kong now:thumbsup:

See some pics here (http://www.chinese-starwars.com/chineseforum/viewtopic.php?t=5844&sid=58910957928e6ba752c5af46575aed86):razz:

First time I have seen the package layout for the nonexclusive version - still very sweet looking.

Darth Cruel
05-30-2006, 08:32 PM
My Jedi Luke has an issue with the articulation of his elbows...he has double joints...but only one works on each side. Does antone else have this problem?

JediTricks
05-30-2006, 10:52 PM
I definitely do NOT have that problem, is it the lower or higher joint that's the problem?

Darth Cruel
05-30-2006, 10:58 PM
The higher ones on both arms do not move. And I paid a buncha on eBay for this one...I may be stuck.

Darth Cruel
05-31-2006, 06:58 PM
Now I am ****ed! I called Sideshow and they told me that even though they are aware of the problem...they will not do a return on it because it has been 30 days. The lady that took the call told me that they are familiar with the problem. She told me that they had a problem with the upper parts of the joints getting glue on them. Then she told me that other people who had the problem fixed it by soaking the figure in warm water. Yeah right. Even if it worked for someone else (which I doubt)...it didn't work for me.

Reefer Shark
05-31-2006, 07:09 PM
Damn DC, that sucks! I just checked mine, and sure enough, my Luke has the same problem that yours does. Way to go Sideshow... With the high prices they ask for these, you would think they would have some better quality control.:mad:

I bought mine from a second hand dealer as well, so I'm sure I'm SOL on any kind of exchange...

Darth Cruel
05-31-2006, 08:19 PM
I just got off the phone with Sideshow AGAIN. And at this point they are telling me that they have a total of 4 incidents of this problem (including you and me, reef). So they are treating it as isolated incidents. Which I can not blame them for right now. But I did give Amy an earful (as politely as I could, and I don't think I was rude at all) asking how I could be sure this won't happen with future figures and company reputations and whatnot. Looks to me like collecting in unopened condition will not be possible. And that is too bad because now the figures in unopened condition are worth SQAUT to me and opened ones from the secondary market are worth considerably less than one that is sealed.

After all of the quality issues that I have had with Luke (and there have been 6 of them now) I will be MUCH more diligent about checking figures for defects...and much less tolerant of ones I find.

JediTricks
05-31-2006, 09:19 PM
Dang, that sucks bad! What do they mean "it's been 30 days" though? Do you have a dated receipt showing you bought it over 30 days ago, and told them so? Or is this how long ago the product was available?

I'd ask they send me a new 'short' male body, then I'd risk cracking the elbow joint to see if it's just temporarily locked up and if it broke I'd swap the bodies and make 'em eat it.

Darth Cruel
06-01-2006, 02:02 AM
She just knew it had been over 30 days since they shipped them...well over 30 days actually. And I asked them about a spare "short body" mannequin and she told me they only had what was necessary for the production run...so...no spares there.

Jayspawn
06-01-2006, 01:42 PM
ThirdZone.com finally came through for me, they're shipping my Luke and Anakin at the same time. But WHICH should I open first?

JediTricks
06-01-2006, 05:20 PM
That's bullmonkeys! It's their generic "short" male body, they've got to have others around somewhere.

Darth Cruel
06-01-2006, 07:41 PM
I woulda thunk.

AmanaMatt
06-07-2006, 11:02 AM
That's bullmonkeys! It's their generic "short" male body, they've got to have others around somewhere.

Is it? I thought they had modified it a tad, which caused the 'long arms' controversy?

That sucks, I had an issue with my PF Obi Wan lightsaber (and that happened past 30 days) and they are handling that for me - maybe the higher price is the difference for them, I dunno.

JediTricks
06-08-2006, 08:22 PM
They made the slightest of changes to the pegs on the wrists, from sharper bulbs to rounded ones, I believe they said the hands still work on both.

PF Obi-Wan Lightsaber? What was wrong with it? I can't imagine they'd have the gall to say the Premium Formats get more warranty because they cost more, that'd be outrageous.

Sith Lord 0498
07-28-2006, 01:25 PM
I wanted something that visually exuded the idea of a noble and powerful Jedi Master but also harkened back to the young farmboy of Episode IV...hence Luke standing on a cliff with a setting sun (which ended up being cropped out because the placement wasn't right).

So...this is what I ended up with. :lipsrsealed:

Darth Cruel
07-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Very, very nice. How did you accomplish the wind-blown cloak?

Sith Lord 0498
07-28-2006, 02:04 PM
Very, very nice. How did you accomplish the wind-blown cloak?

Depends on what facet you're talking about.

It's part physical manipulation and part digital effects (using varying degrees of Photoshop Elements' "motion blur" effect and fading it from bottom to top...the reason for the blurriness in parts).

Here's the original, unaltered photo I used. Maybe that'll make it clearer for you. :thumbsup:

Reefer Shark
07-28-2006, 08:06 PM
That's an awesome picture!