PDA

View Full Version : to open, or not to open?

zakkattakk
01-01-2006, 12:05 PM
I open, but keep the box.

Would you open?

Darth Cruel
01-01-2006, 01:26 PM
I usually keep them in the boxe. And if there is a figure that I want to open, I will get an extra.

That will be tough to do with this line. But I will not open them unless I am able to get an second without paying extra for it.

Deoxyribonucleic
01-01-2006, 01:31 PM
I usually keep them in the boxe. And if there is a figure that I want to open, I will get an extra.

That will be tough to do with this line. But I will not open them unless I am able to get an second without paying extra for it.

I took some of mine out for the longest time but then I realised without proper shelves they get SOOOOOOoo dusty so I gave them a good cleaning and put them back in their boxes and thus are there to this day, but still on display in their boxes minus the dust.

I do take them out every now and again and play with them :)

Darth Cruel
01-01-2006, 01:42 PM
I took some of mine out for the longest time but then I realised without proper shelves they get SOOOOOOoo dusty so I gave them a good cleaning and put them back in their boxes and thus are there to this day, but still on display in their boxes minus the dust.

Yeah, that is the whole thing with me. If they don't have a well-articulated sculpt, displaying them in the box serves the purpose. If they have a great sculpt and great articulation (read: Sideshow's lines), then I want to take them out and dislpay them with different poses from time-to-time. But the anal-retentive completist in me still wants a complete collection intact in the package. Thus the need for the extra to open.

Sith Lord 0498
01-01-2006, 02:11 PM

That's what I'm worried about with opening the Sideshow figures. My apartment gathers dust like it's collecting SW figures!! :)

I'll probably keep them in the box and take them out every once in a while. When it's feasible, I'll buy some type of display case where they won't gather as much dust and then they'll be opened permanently...but I'll keep the boxes anyways.

bobafrett
01-02-2006, 04:25 PM
While I can't afford to start collecting the sideshow line of 12" figures, I do have most of the 12" line of Hasbros figures. Most stay in the box, few are opened, and displayed, but when they get dust, I find it near impossible to get them completely clean.

zakkattakk
01-02-2006, 04:50 PM
I have kinda like a wooden sealed shelf on my wall with a glass opening so they won't get dusty.

maatu
01-02-2006, 06:37 PM
i have a large collection of 12 inch figures from highlander and the horror movie characters. basically this is what i collect. so i get one to keep sealed and one to open .but recently i keep them sealed. because i don't have a shelving unti that doesn't dust on it. i am looking for a glass enclosure to display them. i am getting away from the small starwars figures because so far what i have seen of the stuff there putting for the new figure han in carbonite and leia. they suck..