PDA

View Full Version : Have you found the new The Saga Collection figures yet?

JediTricks
01-03-2006, 05:05 PM
The first poll of '06 is pretty straightforward, asking collectors whether or not they've found the new TSC figures. Even though it's only the first week of January, there have been many confirmed sightings of the first wave of TSC figures since last month. This Battle of Carkoon wave is made up of:

Leia Boushh disguise (new)
Han Carbonite (new)
Bib Fortuna (new)
Barada
Chewbacca in chains
Boba Fett (Saga Fett's gimmick upper body with resculpted rocket button, VOTC's lower body) This wave has been sighted at WM, TRU, and Target all across the US, usually in small numbers such as 1 case per store, and Chewie & Barada are only 1 per case since they are essentially just repaints.

jedi-cpa
01-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Of which collection? I was trying to locate him in my POTJ lot, but I didn't see him.

trandoshan666
01-03-2006, 05:49 PM
I've come across this wave seven times now, and have bought all but Boba Fett I've never seen one. I'm wondering if there's a different case assortment circulating in addition to the one listed in these forums, because I've seen multiple Chewies, Baradas and Bib Fortunas everywhere I've found these. I've only seen the occasional Leia and Han figures, and never a Fett, though.

So far I've seen the wave at 4 different Targets, 2 TRUs and 1 Wal-Mart. (two local Targets haven't put any out and several Wal-Marts here have been devoid of any new figures since before Christmas).

JediTricks
01-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Chewie is a repaint of POTJ mechanic Chewie, now with a silver elastic string under his neck which connects to the new metal chain.

I can definitely confirm that Fett is in the case, a friend of mine has opened several different cases and found Fetts (2 or 3 per case, I believe).

Battle Droid
01-03-2006, 06:04 PM
No, but I'm looking.

realst8guy72
01-03-2006, 06:19 PM
i found all of the new figures at wal-mart, but every figure has a different hologram. for example. i had to buy 2 & 3 of each figure due to they each have a different hologram figure on the back. does anyone know what the reasoning for this is??? i have 3 boba fetts all with diff. holograms, 3 boush leias, 3 han solo carbonites, 2 bib fortunas, 2 chewbaccas & 1 barrada.

trandoshan666
01-03-2006, 06:43 PM
i found all of the new figures at wal-mart, but every figure has a different hologram. for example. i had to buy 2 & 3 of each figure due to they each have a different hologram figure on the back. does anyone know what the reasoning for this is??? i have 3 boba fetts all with diff. holograms, 3 boush leias, 3 han solo carbonites, 2 bib fortunas, 2 chewbaccas & 1 barrada.

Now I know why I can't find any Fetts. :mad:

Hasbro said they'd come with random holo figures, so I think you'd have to buy a whole lot of each figure if you're planning on collecting all of the pairs that come out.

Mandalorian Candidat
01-03-2006, 06:59 PM
I've seen Leia, Barada, and Bib with more Barada sightings by far. Seeing as how he's one-per-pack it looks like noone in my area wants him. I've just bought Leia so far and am only going to get Han and Chewie from this wave.

I've given up the whole completist/carded thing and am just buying newer, better sculpts.

JediTricks
01-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Each figure has the possibility of coming with 1 of 6 hologram mini-figures, there are 12 in all but "good guys" get randomly-packed good guy holos while "bad guys" get randomly-packed bad guy holos. There's a thread detailing which figures have been showing up with which holos so far: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=30627

Slicker
01-03-2006, 07:22 PM
I haven't found a damn thing yet. I can't even find ROTS carded figures for cryin' out loud.

ds6161
01-03-2006, 07:25 PM
new The Saga Collection figures ??? I still havn't found the last eps 3 wave...
still looking for Gree & 501 & emperors troopers....

I'm south of Dayton, Ohio & we have 3 dift. trade/flea markets near by..

& they have thier paws into all the toy stores so that they get the magority of the new stuff..
and I will not pay $15 or more for a $5 fig....

tagmac
01-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Found Barada, Leia, and Bib Fortuna at Target this evening (only bought the latter two figs - got a Yoda and a Maul holo with them). Looked like they had put out only two cases worth (10 pegs, only two had figs on them), and no sign of Fett, Chewie, or Han. Hopefully I'll find Han soon.

jedibear
01-03-2006, 08:55 PM
...of the regular figures anyway. I went to Montreal New Year's weekend and saw them (sans Chewie) at Legends but couldn't bring myself to spend $11.99 (canadian) for them. Hopefully they'll turn up sooner or later down here in Vermont.
Our local KB did get a few new things...the hidious "chopper" things, the Transformers (! Never mind...), the Titanium series (both large & small...bought the ARC170...kind of looks like a poor man's Code 3 product) and they had two sets from the Upatau Unleashed battlepack series (no Obi-Wan/Grievous set) but again, I couldn't bring myself to spend $12.99 for four slivers of plastic that were poorly detailed and warped in the package.
At least the basic figures I viewed up north looked alright but...if this is the direction Hasbro is taking the collection...well, this could be the year I break the habit...
At least the Sideshow collection is looking interesting (if not expensive)...

im4ev9d9
01-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Got all of the Saga figures at KB toys today. 2 of each in a case. They got 2 cases. 2 fets, leias, han solos, barada, bib fortuns, and 2 chewies. All had different holos.

realst8guy72
01-03-2006, 09:44 PM
does anyone know if there is gonna be any certain figures that come witha certain hologram figure thats gonna be more rare than the other? or is it really gonna matter which hologram figure comes in the back? if anyone really knows, id sure appreciate any info. HAPPY HUNTING ALL! vgssgns@cox.net

DarthQuack
01-03-2006, 10:26 PM
I have found all but Boba in the first wave....Saw about 20 Lobot OTC's though at a KB lol.

bobafrett
01-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Found all 6, and they are currently sitting in lay away at my Wal-Mart, until I can free them with cash.

Kidhuman
01-03-2006, 11:21 PM
I have found all 6. 5 on lay-a-way and 1 in my home. YAY me!!!!

plasticfetish
01-03-2006, 11:33 PM
I've two Targets right near me. One store had nothing at all -- mostly older junk on clearance and empty pegs, but then the other store had restocked their entire toy department with new items. I saw several pegs with at least one each of the new figures hanging on it. They had also put out Titaniums, Ultra Titaniums, SW Transformers, and those dorky "chopper" things.

So, I think some stores may still be holding off -- trying to clear out some of the old merchandise, but the new stuff is coming.

or is it really gonna matter which hologram figure comes in the back?Try checking out the thread that JT mentioned earlier, but to answer your question... no. "Random" seems to really mean "random" with these.

dxdave
01-04-2006, 01:11 AM
Hey gang...

I work at a Super Target (not to be confused with a plain ol' Target) and we got in 2 cases of the Saga collection. I have looked in both cases and both cases had 2 Fetts and 2 Chewies. The re-set for that particular toy aisle was this week. If you don't see the item on the peg, ask an employee--it is likely they may be in back and just out on the shelf. So far, our store, the largest volumed store in my state has only gotten in two cases of the Saga collection.....

We also got in one case of the insanely retarded Luke and Darth from the Chopper bunch and the Transformers-wanna-be's. Only a single case of the bikers and the Transformers. We did get plenty of the Ultra and regular edition Titanium ships.

The General Grievous exploding body Target exclusive should be in a revision some time either in February or March.

Happy Hunting!

P.S.: I would say 90% of the Targets will be missing the Wave 2 ROTS set (Tactical Ops Trooper, Cat Miin, etc.) and you probably won't see ROTS figs in Targets again with the Saga collection hitting now. They are simply not part of the new planogram.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-04-2006, 01:15 AM
I found mine last week at the Urbana and Marion, Ohio Wal-Mart stores. It seems as though they had just stocked them as the pegs were plenty full. The only stores i've seen them at since then just had a few random Bib's hanging around and that's it. HH! :thumbsup:

mikey1974
01-04-2006, 06:24 AM
found leia,han,bib,and fett at k-mart here....found 1 fett at wal-mart...no sign of the other 2 yet.....

CaptainSolo1138
01-04-2006, 06:54 AM
They're quite plentiful around here. Go figure, since I can never find the stuff I actually want.

vader68
01-04-2006, 08:49 AM
I have not seen anything new around my area since Thanksgiving. Where is everything. Target has been horrible, nothing on the shelves since before Thanksgiving, I mean the shelves have been bare except for some vader voice changers. I don't know what is going on.

sith_killer_99
01-04-2006, 10:39 AM
So far I have seen the new figures at Wal-Mart ($5.88) and Target ($6.99) stores only.:thumbsup:

Ji'dai
01-04-2006, 10:59 AM
Yep, I saw them before Christmas and again today. These figures are not worth $6 each. Not interested.

DarkArtist
01-04-2006, 11:45 AM
I voted no not yet because I haven't seen them in the stores as of yet with the exception of the one Han Carb a few weeks ago. However I am looking and hoping that one day I will get lucky and find both the Carkoon and Hoth Waves

zachatack
01-04-2006, 02:57 PM
I found all 6 today at Target. (They must have just opned the boxes because they were all there.) Typically, Chewbacca and Boba Fett seem to be the ones that harder to find.

Also, at Wal-Mart today, I noticed someone ripped the holographic figures from the back of the cards out and stole them! I can't even imagine collectors who want every variation with different figures. That will be very VERY expensive seeing they are randomly packaged.

skeeziks22
01-05-2006, 12:23 PM
I've found them at Wal-Mart up here in Anchorage, Alaska. Wal-Mart's new layouts brought out new figures. All 6 saga figures (multiple holgrams each, though one of each figure is enough for me)**. Also the SW transformers, unleashed battle packs, and titanium series all came with the new layout.

** Does anyone know if the same holgrams are going to be used for the next few waves? If so I won't need to buy multiple copies of each figure to get each of the holograms.

plasticfetish
01-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Does anyone know if the same holgrams are going to be used for the next few waves? If so I won't need to buy multiple copies of each figure to get each of the holograms.Word from those that have seen the Hoth wave carded, is... yes. (So yeah, don't sweat it.)

Rocketboy
01-05-2006, 06:20 PM
I've only seen one - Han Solo.
Nearly picked it up but passed for now.

UKWildcat
01-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Found all of them today at WM.

Anakin Palpatine
01-06-2006, 04:03 AM
In my seach across the suburbs of Chicago, I have found out that all the area Toys R' Us stores won't be getting new shipments in until after Jan. 11th or 12th due to inventory. Many employees have told me the stores will be getting a ton of new merchandise in at that time. Out of the six differant stores I went to, four of the managers told me (Niles, Schamburg, Deerfield & Arlington Hts. stores) will be getting in new waves of Star Wars figures, including more of the 2 pack price specials, Emperor Holograms and new waves of figures. These store also reported they would be getting in the new Marvel Legends lines, and every store told me to look hard between the 11th-15th for X-Box 360 to be coming in. All 6 told me this.

OC47150
01-06-2006, 01:21 PM
An addendum to the poll should be, if you've bought at what price?

I saw all of the figures, minus Han, at Target the other night but wasn't willing to pay $6.99. I can wait until I can find them at Wal-mart for $5.88.

Sentinel18725
01-08-2006, 06:37 PM
Got all of mine in Southern Illinois at Wal Mart for 5.88. Anakin Palpatine, thanks for posting the info about Chicagoland area. Won't waste my time looking for the next few weeks.

JediTricks
01-08-2006, 06:49 PM
Picked up Han & Leia at KB for the same price that Target & TRU are charging.

Slicker
01-08-2006, 06:58 PM
I finally found these yesterday. It was well worth the wait to get 'em too (although I had no choice as my area sucks for toys).

Darth Kev
01-09-2006, 12:01 AM
Found 2x Leia Boussh at one of my 4 local WM's and that was it. Probably going to go on a "Star Wars Run" tomorrow after work, but my hopes aren't too high since it's about every six weeks when I get a good find. Still haven't seen the 501st or Wookiee Commando, the last of the RotS that I need.

CT sux for finding figs. Within 1/2 hour drive I have 2x TRU, 4x WM, 2x Target, 1x KMart and a NE chain called Bennys (which puts out about a case a year and occasionally I get lucky there b/c nobody shops at that dump; of course, they're an extra buck over retail, too) and 90% of the time their SW pegs are empty except for the warmers. Lately it's been Neimoidian Commanders and Mon Mothmas. There's always plenty of stock of the new 'Utapaun Warriors' Unleashed packs , Galactic Heroes and those God-awful force battlers (sorry hasbro, regarding the 'new' Unleashed series--if I want 'army men' I'll go get a $2 bag of plastic army men. Bring back the real Unleashed figs please, they were gorgeous).
You'd think the idiots running the toy dept's in these stores would one day realize that since they always have plenty of Mutant Turtles, Batmans, McFarlane Sports, Fantastic Four, Supermans, He-Mans, Matchbox cars, etc., on their pegs and the Star Wars ones always seem to be empty they'd let hasbro know that they never have enough product or they'd put in bigger orders. It's pathetic, especially for those of us who live a whopping hour from hasbro hq in the fund here. And when I do find them there's every fig I need there so it's an instant 50-70 bucks at a time. It's a stressful hobby around here, but I guess when I stand in the middle of my Star Wars room it's worth it and satisfying.:nerv:

DarthQuack
01-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Found the final one I needed, Boba Fett today at a Wal-Mart....on to Hoth!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-11-2006, 05:40 PM
I've found most of them at various stores and like most new waves, the pickings were sparse, but wait a few months and we shall see Bib Fortunas and other figures up the wazoo.

OC47150
01-12-2006, 06:56 AM
Hoth wave is hitting Louisville, Ky. Plenty of friends have found them but not me.

Battle Droid
01-12-2006, 10:26 AM
ACK, I'm going to be so behind, still haven't found the Carkoon Wave.

Kidhuman
01-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Found Hot hrenants today, a snowtrooper at Target. Left it there for now.

UKWildcat
01-12-2006, 06:21 PM
The Hoth wave has worked its way into the Hampton Roads, VA area. I found all of them today at WM. Woohoo!

bobafrett
01-12-2006, 10:20 PM
Found all 8 of the Hoth wave here in Illinois, at Wal-Mart. Excited to find Veers!

Kidhuman
01-13-2006, 12:46 AM
Found the whole Hoth wave this evening. Damn good feeling.

zachatack
01-13-2006, 10:32 AM
Found all but Vader and R2-D2 of the Hoth wave here on the North Shore in Massachusetts. :D

Slicker
01-13-2006, 12:08 PM
I just found the Hoth wave. And by Hoth wave I mean just the Snowtrooper. Oh, well. They did just hit.

Battle Droid
01-13-2006, 12:40 PM
Found Bib and Barada today, that's it so far.

Ji'dai
01-13-2006, 03:26 PM
I saw the Hoth wave today minus the Snowtrooper. Although I voted that I wasn't interested in this line and have said I'm no longer actively collecting, I did buy General Veers & Major Bren Derlin.

Memo to Hasbro: As a long-term collector, I want new figures, not repacks, repaints, or Franken-combos of figures past.

JediTricks
01-13-2006, 04:34 PM
Yes, because you are the only person out there who they are catering to. :p C'mon, they're trying to bring in new collectors too, folks who missed out on these back when they first came out.

trandoshan666
01-13-2006, 05:56 PM
Finally found a Fett figure today still no sign of the Hoth wave, though.

Ji'dai
01-13-2006, 07:41 PM
Yes, because you are the only person out there who they are catering to. :p C'mon, they're trying to bring in new collectors too, folks who missed out on these back when they first came out. Pshaw! Of course I'm the only one Hasbro should be catering to ;)

If people just want the old versions of the figures, most of 'em could likely be had quite cheaply on eBay or from other collectors. The new Boussh is pretty good but I think the others are a mixed bag.

I'm surprised that Hasbro didn't include any ROTS figures of primary characters with the initial waves of this new line. I think kids would be more interested in another chance to get a norm or crispy Anakin, Obi-Wan, or Grievous rather than obscure characters from the OT. ROTS figures and LEGO sets sold well in my locale, especially as the holiday season wound up. Plus the film was the '05 box office champ, and from the nominations & awards the film is garnering, apparently there is still a lot of interest out there for E3. Hasbro should be cashing in.

JediTricks
01-13-2006, 11:29 PM
To be fair though, they've had a *year* to find ROTS figures, if they can't by now... ;) Part of the reason is to convince store buyers that this truly *is* a new line, that helps keep it going because stores don't trust Hasbro to send the old line's product in ratios that will keep customers happy (this is partially why we've had so many line name changes in the past 6 years).

As for the old figures, newer collectors don't seem to want to track down older versions, I suppose the fear of getting burned or running into an expensive piece could be daunting, and there are a LOT of new collectors over the past 6 years who missed out on some good pieces.

Ji'dai
01-14-2006, 09:06 PM
No love for Power of the Force these days :cry:

JediTricks
01-15-2006, 02:30 PM
I think part of the reason for that is that they really are halfway between the Kenner vintage line and the current modern quality. Which would you rather have, either of the POTF2 Han Carbonites which don't look like Harrison Ford and have the wrong outfits or the wrong height and standard-6 articulation, or the TSC version which at least looks like him? How about pilot Luke? The POTF2 version uses that '95 face sculpt and muscley body. There are some good pieces there, don't get me wrong, but the line as a whole is not thankfully not the premiere version, there's no reason to get the whole thing, and the best pieces are often the hardest to get on ebay.

Here's the perfect example: POTF2 Dengar or Saga1 Dengar?

Ji'dai
01-15-2006, 06:40 PM
I can't argue that figure sculpt/articulation hasn't improved significantly since the 90s. Although the new realistically-scaled figures may look better (except POTJ pilot Luke or SAGA Hoth Trooper IMO), I feel the waifish figures and their higher price tags mean less value for the dollar.

Hasbro has finite resources to devote to development, and for every previously released character/figure they revisit to resculpt or retool, it diminishes the prospect of seeing entirely new characters produced, such as the Tonnika Sisters, Hermi Odle, or even the Cloud City ice-cream guy ;)

Val Da Car
01-16-2006, 09:29 AM
All Carkoon, no Hoth wave yet....

I like the Boba Fett....even though I have the 2 Saga, 1 Otc and 1 VOTC.

Finally got around to the Jabba Diorama....so this wave was perfect for me, but I do really want the Hoth Wave.

jedi master sal
01-17-2006, 02:04 PM
I've had a strange sort of luck with finding these figs.

A local collecting buddy picked me up Leia, Bib and Boba. I only wanted Han after that. The same night I got those figs from him, I found Leia, Bib and HAN, plus Barada, which I ended up breaking down and getting.

Then just last night, on her way home from work, my fiancee stops at a Wal*Mart and finds ALL of teh Hoth wave. I got one of each except I passed on Reikaan and Vader. I have way to many Vaders, and I got Reikaan the last go around and on sale, no less.

I do want the cards and inserts though, so anyway who's opening figures and not saving the cards and inserts, please do. I'll pay $1 for the card/insert combo. It's a fair price, IMO. PM me if anyone is interested in making a deal. I'm an opener too, I'm just not getting each and every fig this time around.

-Sal

Darth Jax
01-25-2006, 09:56 PM
the month of january is nearly over and i finally saw a saga figure today for the first time. a lonely barada was hanging on the pegs. for over a month now i've seen nothing but empty pegs (even the 100's of neimodian warriors had been removed).

never finding product (new or old), lack of space and the glut of higher-end merch that i'd like are combining to really make me wonder if i need any more 3 3/4" scale figs.

governortarkin
01-27-2006, 11:07 AM
SO far I have been fortunate to have found both sets -Carkoon and Hoth - but I have to admit I was a little surprised that they were available so fast in this area.

I found the Carkoon wave at the begining of January and the Hoth set like a week later. I didn't think they were being released so close together.

mastermatt24
01-30-2006, 12:26 AM
Ive found all of the stuff that ive wanted to buy, and Ive seen everything else besides Vader. Its sooo nice being able to pass on new stuff! :love: