PDA

View Full Version : Lego Star Wars II in 2006

DarkArtist
01-03-2006, 10:35 PM
Was just over at TheForce.net and they had an article about the upcoming releases for 2006, among which is listed Lego Star Wars II. While the article didn't go into much detail it seems like the game in going to be fashioned around the OT this time. :thumbsup:

plasticfetish
01-04-2006, 04:14 AM
Not a big surprise, that's a pretty obvious winner there. Their prediction sounds like speculation at this point though, but I hope it's true... we love the first game around my house. :)

DarkArtist
01-04-2006, 09:14 AM
I thought the article was taken direct from the source at LucasArts, so I figured it was true just the release date was unknown.

starwarsfan1
01-04-2006, 10:44 AM
I hope its true. I loved the first one. It was just good clean fun. Just goes to show that you dont need blood, gore, gang members, drugs, or sex to make a great game.

Slicker
01-04-2006, 01:00 PM
I haven't yet played the first one but I would hope this to be true. It's only logical that they made the first one pretty much about the prequels so now they'll make one about the OT.

plasticfetish
01-04-2006, 05:15 PM
I thought the article was taken direct from the source at LucasArts, so I figured it was true just the release date was unknown.No... I'm not doubting the info, it's just that I don't know how much LucasArts has to do with the Lego game.

I haven't yet played the first one but I would hope this to be true. It's only logical that they made the first one pretty much about the prequels so now they'll make one about the OT.It's a fun game, and as anyone that's played through to the end knows, you unlock a small part where you play Vader boarding the Tantive -- at just the start of episode IV.

I hope its true. I loved the first one. It was just good clean fun....and not just a fun "kids" game. It's just fun to play lego characters, and the whole thing's done so well. But as a game for kids (and I have an 8 year old that's played through Battlefront II now), it's perfect for tons of reasons. Mostly because of the infinite life thing, and the fact that it's so open ended giving him a chance to go back and play ('cause that's what legos are about) around with the different environments.

It's funny watching my son play the game for a bit, and then run off to do the same thing with his "real" Legos.

starwarsfan1
01-05-2006, 07:15 PM
...and not just a fun "kids" game. It's just fun to play lego characters, and the whole thing's done so well. But as a game for kids (and I have an 8 year old that's played through Battlefront II now), it's perfect for tons of reasons. Mostly because of the infinite life thing, and the fact that it's so open ended giving him a chance to go back and play ('cause that's what legos are about) around with the different environments.

It's funny watching my son play the game for a bit, and then run off to do the same thing with his "real" Legos.

I agree with you all the way plasticfetish.:thumbsup:

JediTricks
02-10-2006, 02:48 PM
http://pc.ign.com/articles/687/687344p1.html

This looks fantastic. I bought the prequels game last night, haven't even gotten to the first vehicle level, but reading about the OT game makes me want that so bad right now.

DarkArtist
02-10-2006, 03:17 PM
Jeditricks,

once you complete the level you can go back and play in freeplay mode which allows you to play as different characters. You can actually have Grievous play in TPM or AOTC.

I just love this game, beat it PC and now I'm trying to beat it on PS2. Can't wait for the OT version this fall. I just hope we get to see the battle of Endor and fly the Falcon.

JediTricks
02-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Jeditricks,

once you complete the level you can go back and play in freeplay mode which allows you to play as different characters. You can actually have Grievous play in TPM or AOTC. Yeah, that was the first thing I did after freeing Amidala from the Theed level, I bought 6 or 7 new minor characters from Dex and played around the Negotiations level a bunch. I love playing as the Destroyer Droid, that is AWESOME! I wish his rate of fire was more realistic tho'. What'll be cool is porting unlocked characters from L:SW1 over to L:SW-OT, Droidekas and Maul fighting in the OT universe.

BountyHunterScum
02-24-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm going for the pc version. thankfully this is coming out it wouldn't have been right to leave it at the Tantive IV mission from the first game.

Rocketboy
02-27-2006, 10:47 PM
Picked up ROTS for PS2 today and it had an ad for Lego SW OT in it.
The front of the card thing is the Lego version of the classic poster and the back has images of Jedi Luke, Artoo and Leia aborad the Tanitve (looks similar to the end of the first game), an X-Wing over the Death Star, and Han (in Stormtrooper disguise!) with Chewie.
One of the blurbs on the back reads:

Build and customize with a galaxy of new features
For the first time ever, you can build and ride new vehicles and creatures and get in and out to explore the world of the Original Star Wars Trilogy. Create and customize new characters with new abilities and play through even more destructible environments and more challenging puzzles.

Rogue II
06-19-2006, 11:58 PM
Gamespy has a new preview of the new SW Lego game:

Link (http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/lego-star-wars-the-original-trilogy/713032p1.html)

General_Grievous
09-07-2006, 07:21 PM
Only a few days left till this puppy hits. I paid mine off at EB Games. Man, Tuesday is gonna be a fun day.

DarkArtist
09-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Can't wait. I have already seen three commercials for it and all i can say is WOW. I love the Vader Luke Empire one, classic.

On a side note does anyone know if there are any promotions or giveaways with the game ???? I pre-ordered it from EB Games.

El Chuxter
09-10-2006, 11:06 AM
Looks like Circuit City has a free Lego Chewbacca shirt with purchase. That's the only promo I could find.

Rogue II
09-10-2006, 12:07 PM
I was probably going to buy it from Circuit City anyway. Last week I got a $20 giftcard from them for buying a wireless router.

Darth Instigator
09-10-2006, 05:44 PM
I put one on reserve at Game Stop the other day, I kinda wish they had this for the PSP, I might just have to get it for me! lol

General_Grievous
09-10-2006, 07:55 PM
I thought it was coming out for the PSP?

Rocketboy
09-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Can't wait. I have already seen three commercials for it and all i can say is WOW. I love the Vader Luke Empire one, classic.

On a side note does anyone know if there are any promotions or giveaways with the game ???? I pre-ordered it from EB Games.Besides the cool shirt at Circuit City, I think I saw that Target has a free $5 gift card.
I'll take me a shirt, thank you very much.

Darth Instigator
09-11-2006, 07:58 AM
I thought it was coming out for the PSP?

YEs! it is, I just checked here (http://www.lucasarts.com/games/legostarwarsii/?gclid=CKrj1YjEpYcCFUsMGgodKlPm6g)and it seems it is.

figrin bran
09-11-2006, 11:29 AM
usually i wait for price drops on games before getting them but not this one. circuit city here i come tomorrow!

JediTricks
09-13-2006, 01:23 AM
I picked up LEGO Star Wars II at Target today, $40 but they give you a $5 Target gift card (which I used at the front register for the other purchases I was making). I am about to go play it.

figrin bran
09-13-2006, 01:57 AM
so i went to circuit city after work and though they had plenty of the shirts, they didn't have ANY of the xbox (or 360) version. :upset:

that's just so ridiculous because they had them for every other system. what, do they short pack video games now??? feeling very irate, i stormed out of there and didn't even buy the dvds. forget about the lego t-shirt, forget about the lithographs, i'm never setting foot in circuit city ever again! :mad:

i would've headed to target but i was too tired and upset.

Deoxyribonucleic
09-13-2006, 02:22 AM
Game Stop guys, $29.99. Picked it up tonight after class. Came to $32 and some change after tax. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
09-13-2006, 02:31 AM
$29.99???? where's the nearest 24 hour gamestop? ;)

thanks for the tip, deoxy

Rocketboy
09-13-2006, 10:13 AM
I got the shirt at CC.
The biggest size they had was medium and this was 10 minutes after opening!
I asked if they had a bunch of people right away at 10am and the guy said no, medium was biggest size they recieved.
Bull****.

I gues I'll just store it away with my Hasbro Emperor's Code t-shirt.

General_Grievous
09-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Just finished Story Mode. I'm not about to beat the game 100%. I don't have the free time. It was fun. Some of the levels were a bit long (coughJundlandWastescough), but it was overall better than the first game. Funnier, too. The ending to ESB is hilarious. :D

jjreason
09-13-2006, 09:26 PM
Bah, I picked it up and put it down today... I'm still working on the first one, and I have Final Fantasy XI to work on (which is a monthly bill, so I feel I need to play it). I'm passing on the DVDs though, so I guess Lego II is a reasonably cheap alternative. Maybe I'll pick it up this week.

JediTricks
09-13-2006, 09:30 PM
Jundland Wastes is a ridiculously large level, it's kinda cool. At the end, I wish I had realized I could use the Dewback to attack the sandtroopers, I killed them and then used the Dewback to mangle the fences for coins.

JawaJoe
09-14-2006, 12:05 AM
Picked up gamecube version today at toys r us along with the gift card. Quick question. Is the game supposed to include 2 discs? My case came with 1 disc and has space for another is why im wondering.

JEDIpartner
09-14-2006, 01:16 PM
I picked it up for GBA and it's loads of fun. Granted, it's a pared down version of what the rest of you are playing but it really suits my needs just fine. :)

JediTricks
09-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Just 1 disc, sounds like you got a weird box.

I played through ANH, some of it is really good, it took me a while to get the feel for piloting the X-wing though, that just didn't make sense at first.

Question about freeplay in the Rebel Attack level (the ANH Death Star trench level), how do you get the final minikit container? There's a TIE-only room with a little box and some lights, then another TIE-only with the container and a shield in the way, but nothing seems to affect the shield generators.

JawaJoe
09-14-2006, 10:01 PM
Cool. Thx for clearing that up JT.

Darth Instigator
09-14-2006, 10:25 PM
got my xbox version today and will be getting the PSP soon

Lord Malakite
09-15-2006, 02:36 PM
Picked up gamecube version today at toys r us along with the gift card. Quick question. Is the game supposed to include 2 discs? My case came with 1 disc and has space for another is why im wondering.

Just 1 disc, sounds like you got a weird box.
It isn't just a weird error JT. There have been several reports of the GCN version being found in both 1-disc and 2-disc cases across the country. With the GCN at the end of its life the current speculation is the company is just using whatever extra GCN cases they happen to have on hand to clean house rather than order a bunch 1-disc GCN cases and being stuck with them.

JediTricks
09-17-2006, 03:15 AM
Question about freeplay in the Rebel Attack level (the ANH Death Star trench level), how do you get the final minikit container? There's a TIE-only room with a little box and some lights, then another TIE-only with the container and a shield in the way, but nothing seems to affect the shield generators.Well, as soon as I played the first level of ESB, it was blatantly obvious what I was supposed to do, Snowspeeder tow-cables a mine into the shield room twice.

I've played through the first 3 ESB levels and they're pretty enjoyable, now that I have the flying controls down better and there's a little more free room to think (at least at times), the ship-based missions are good. And Dagobah was pretty cool, I killed Luke a few times in the water until I realized I could be R2 who can survive underwater, that helped a lot with some stuff. The game's a lot of fun, I can't wait to do more.

figrin bran
09-17-2006, 08:17 PM
this game is soooo snarktastic!!!

i actually misfired the torpedo when doing the DS trench run...a luke i am not as i didn't even take that deep breath before firing into the reactor.

the first hoth level was fun too once i figured out that the other snowspeeders weren't much help in providing cover while i tow cabled the AT-AT's. if you keep on firing while you tow cable, that works pretty well.

during the asteroid field level, in my head i could hear leia's "you're not actually going INTO that asteroid field???" ;)

DarkArtist
09-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Hey for all of the original ending Jedi lovers the final includes the original music with the Hayden spirit Anakin. Sort of a treat for both versions of the film.

jedihunter25
09-18-2006, 02:56 AM
Has anyone found all ten canisters on Chapter 1: Secret Plans??? I only found nine, so I went out and bought the game guide- and the game guide only tells about the nine I already found. I played that level at least 20 times and nothing but the nine. Did the game creators forget to put a canister on this level?????

figrin bran
09-18-2006, 03:42 AM
go here for a walkthrough/strategy guide: http://mycheats.com/view/section/19285/18788/lego_star_wars_ii__the_original_trilogy/xbox_360

figrin bran
09-19-2006, 11:49 AM
i finished story mode but it seems there's still a long road ahead of me as far as finding all the minikits and bonus levels are concerned.

i take it there's no way to actually play with the characters that you customize?

JEDIpartner
09-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Man... I've got all the mini kits in the ROTJ portion but don't have them from the Death Star Escape and Death Star Trench Run sections of ANH or from the Cloud City Trap and Cloud City Escap sections of ESB. Anyone else have this for GBA?

JediTricks
09-19-2006, 04:54 PM
I dunno what happens with the build-a-character but I've read people suggesting that once you get 100% you can play as your BAC.

I played through story mode and have gotten all the goodies in ANH except for the 3 bonus levels' gold bricks. I bought the score-doubler at 2 million bucks and it seems to be paying off already, but I don't see how I'll ever get to the 30 mil required for 10x score. I got my 60th gold brick last night and finally check out what the outdoor question mark is about, didn't see that one coming at all! It took me 38 minutes to do what was required, some of it just isn't obvious enough, but it was still funny.

Fast Force and Fast Build are definitely worth it once you're doing freeplay, it was good to play through in story mode but now we've got business to attend to. ;)

Getting True Jedi in the Emperor Throne Room level is very difficult without a score multiplier, I had to do it 3 times in story mode, you can't lose ANY coins from a death, if you die you better chase those mofos down right quick... or just get True Jedi before you start fighting the Emperor which I didn't think of until after I got it. :p

figrin bran
09-19-2006, 10:21 PM
i'm just starting out free play and so i have a ways to go to get to where JT is.

so far, i love Greedo in free play mode! ironically he has great firepower and incredible dodging ability. definitely a better bargain than the overpriced boba fett. i just wish that weren't so many goodies that cost upwards of 1 million!

JediTricks
09-20-2006, 05:53 PM
4-LOM is a good bounty hunter too, dodges well and can open C-3PO doors! I didn't expect them to put that in there, that was really smart of them.

I was surprised in the last ROTJ level to see the ACTUAL Lego UCS Death Star II model used instead of a CGI interpretation of it.

plasticfetish
09-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Man, you guys are cooking through that game. I'm getting it for the kid for his birthday, so I'll... I mean HE will have to wait 'til next month to play it. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-20-2006, 06:19 PM
I don't have it yet but I played the demo from the DVDs. It seems pretty fun; it looks to be a lot like the first game which is a good thing.

General_Grievous
09-20-2006, 06:54 PM
I just bought Boba Fett. Now I'm saving up to buy the bounty hunters and the three jedi spirits. This could take a while...:dead:

JediTricks
09-21-2006, 05:17 PM
Yeah, it's been a week, I've apparently put 25 hours into it, I protest that dang clock though! ;)

We got a press release today saying the game has sold 1.1 million units in just a week, a real contender.

I unlocked the 4x score, but that mofo is 6 million! Man, these prices are insane, where can I get that type of coin?

figrin bran
09-22-2006, 12:58 AM
my clock says that i've logged around 24 hours but i don't believe it either.

JT, you can do what i do to get coinage - play Secret Plans on free play over and over again. it gets a bit tedious but you can get around 200,000 each time through. so far i have about 1.5 mil and am going for the 2 necessary for 2x score. i figure that after getting that, it won't be as much trouble to get enough money for charlotte palpy and invincibility.

there's a minikit underneath the grating between the two power conduits on the Carkoon level and i've no idea how to get it!

you CAN play as your custom characters in free play. i was able to try out my roron corrob and duros jedi.

JediTricks
09-22-2006, 04:06 PM
Yeah, secret plans has a lot of easy coins on freeplay, but 6x score is a whopping 12 mil and with my 2x score I still only have gotten back up to 3 mil (I am not sure if I should bother with 4x score at 6 mil).

I did all 3 bonus levels on ANH yesterday, I caved and bought invincibility to make that 5 minutes happen. I did Super Story and was doing alright, 49 minutes in and only 2 boards left on the Rebel Attack (death star trench) level when the damn thing locked up on me! I was stunned! I went back a few hours later and bombed through it with 15 minutes left to go at the end (you get more coinage depending on how much time you have left); both times my strategy was "get the 100k required coins on Secret Plans, then blast through everything else" which worked great but wasn't entirely necessary as both times I ended up in the trench with nearly 200,000.

figrin bran
09-22-2006, 10:55 PM
JT, do you have to complete the super story modes at one sitting or can you take it chapter by chapter?

Rogue II
09-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Super Story goes through each chapter with all of the cut scenes. You are being timed, so you can't get out of the story and go back to the Cantina. Also, you don't have to collect the coins in every level, but there is a Story goal. For ANH, the goal is 100,000.

JediTricks
09-24-2006, 02:05 AM
Yeah, the idea is you're playing for time the ENTIRE movie, and you have to get x-amount of LEGO studs as well to get the gold brick. It's rough, expected to put 2 hours into 1 session because the clock doesn't count TRUE cut-scenes (though in-game scenes using the characters eats the clock, that sucks) and you cannot bypass them.

I polished off every freeplay level finally, the very last one has a minikit so insidiously hidden that it could only be through the cruelty of the Dark Lord of the Sith himself - I actually wasted 500,000 coins on the minikit detector for just ONE minikit container - I had all the others. And then the big payoff for getting all the minikits is just a playable Slave I vehicle which you can already experience in the minikit bonus level (the minikits play pretty much exactly like their full-size counterparts). Luckily, with 2x score you can rack up 500,000 on just Secret Plans alone if you open everything.

Slave Leia's dance is still pretty funny, I keep coming back to that gag by accident and it keeps making me chuckle.

figrin bran
09-25-2006, 02:13 AM
they sure hid the first canister and power brick on Falcon Flight pretty well!

i'm up to around 75% completion now and i don't think i'll even bother to get enough coinage for the 4x or 6 or 8X multiplier

there's one minikit on Cloud City that i'm having a tough time finding. the detector shows a green arrow right above the center of the carbon freezing chamber. i've force pulled the lever, jumped into the center, had R2 activate the exhaust but all to no avail. i'm starting to wonder if i actually got the canister at this location but didn't remember and am actually missing another one.

JediTricks
09-25-2006, 04:18 PM
You drop a stormtrooper into the carbon freeze chamber via the crane to bring up the canister, it's why the stormtroopers won't stop coming into the room.

So, I finally put together the 6mil for 4x score and it turns out the score multipliers can be used together, so 2x and 4x on showed x8 score under my name, quickly I put together 12mil for 6x and added it, it showed x48 under my score, in 1 level (Mos Eisley, it has the most coins from what I've found) I put together more than the 20mil required for 8x, added that and it showed x384!!! After the first 2 rooms on "Secret Plans" (the next-highest coinage level) I put together way more than the 30mil needed for 10x, bought that and now my score multiplier is x3840!!! Within minutes my score had jumped to 416mil, after that I just turned the darn thing off because it's so over the top. :D

Now I'm at 93.3%, I've bought everything - holy crap about how many figures to choose from with old save on. Oh, and when you have all the characters you can switch certain other oddball characters like the womp rat, Han carbonite, Imperial Engineer, skeleton, and other oddities - the skeleton even has 3 attacks! :D

Anybody know what "use second toggle" does?

starwarsfan1
09-25-2006, 07:25 PM
Do any of you guys know where the last lego canister is in the first level Secret Plans? I have nine out if ten and the last one has evaded me.

figrin bran
09-25-2006, 11:01 PM
thanks for the tip JT! i shoulda known! carbon freeze a stormie

i've seen that skeleton at the lego store - any idea what sets they're from?

SWfan1, the very last canister in secret plans is behind an R2 panel at the end of the level. open it up and you see stormies in a hot tub. shoot/slice them down and then use the force on the hot tub.

JediTricks
09-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Do any of you guys know where the last lego canister is in the first level Secret Plans? I have nine out if ten and the last one has evaded me.You know those small vents that line a lot of the level, you lift them up with the Force and they spit out a few coins and a heart usually? Right after the force-shield where you found 3PO, the upper one on the left, use the Force on it and it opens a panel with the container.

i've seen that skeleton at the lego store - any idea what sets they're from?
They first showed up I believe in the Adventurers LEGO line, but maybe were even before that, they are all over the last decade or so (probably from Pirates now that I think about it) and are generally pretty rare - LEGO didn't put them in a lot of sets. I can't think of any LEGO SW sets that have 'em though.

figrin bran
09-27-2006, 02:10 AM
i found all the minikit canisters! and what do i get for it? a Slave 1 which i won't even really use since i prefer to use the TIE interceptor in free play.

is there any reward for finding all 1 mil studs inside Lego City? if not then i won't bother with it for now.

DarkArtist
09-27-2006, 05:11 PM
If you have the credits get one of the spirits of either anakin, kenobi or yoda. You can't die from either getting shot or lightsabered. the only way is if you misjump or fall into a pit.

Also I completed all of Episode IV and V and yet it still says I am missing three gold bricks in each level. How do you get this bricks. I walked in front of all the doors and it says that all gold bricks are accounted for.

JediTricks
09-27-2006, 08:19 PM
So I got 100% today, finally did all the bounty hunter stuff and the super-story levels for ESB and ROTJ. The final reward is something you have to build, it's kinda cool but TOTALLY useless if you already have score multipliers.

Super-story is very glitchy, each movie I had to do twice because of glitches - in ANH it froze up when I tried to rush through too fast, in ESB track switcher for the little cart that blows up the obsticle between you and 3PO never activated, and in ROTJ it locked up on me while trying to rush through the Endor battle level.

I saved super-story ROTJ for last and was very frustrated by this, these levels are the biggest time-wasters in the game, perfect for playing story and freeplay but MISERABLE for this timed super-story, the first 2 levels alone eat up so much time - I got through them the second time in 24 mins and change IIRC and by the time I flew out of the DS2 I had less than 3 minutes to spare, it's awful.

is there any reward for finding all 1 mil studs inside Lego City? if not then i won't bother with it for now.No reward, it's just for time and fun.

If you have the credits get one of the spirits of either anakin, kenobi or yoda. You can't die from either getting shot or lightsabered. the only way is if you misjump or fall into a pit.It's also cool because the ghosts don't attract interest from enemies, they don't see 'em at all. But for 900,000 you can be invincible (provided you've unlocked it) which is better since you don't lose coins falling into pits even.

Also I completed all of Episode IV and V and yet it still says I am missing three gold bricks in each level. How do you get this bricks. I walked in front of all the doors and it says that all gold bricks are accounted for.You have to build the bonus level entrances in each episode and beat the 3 bonus levels inside to get each brick.

starwarsfan1
09-27-2006, 09:42 PM
I actually found that one JT. However I did find the one I was missing. It was the one where you had to ride the vehicle you made in the bounty hunters only room on to the platform with the crane in it. How the hell are people supposed to find that without a guide book? Lucky I rode it all the way their to see if it did anything.

figrin bran
09-27-2006, 11:03 PM
SWfan1, you don't need a guidebook actually, just click on the walkthrough link i posted a few pages back ;)

i love using spirit anakin against vader on cloud city and palpy on jedi destiny because they don't even know you're there and you can just wack away at them.

JT, i know what the final reward is! i guess i won't bother to buy the rest of the score multipliers. and i guess i'll try ROTJ super story first...i'd feel better if i got the toughest of them out of the way first. do they allow you to use any extras in the SSM's? i've noticed that for character and vehicle bonus, they don't allow score multiplication but allow everything else.

JediTricks
09-28-2006, 02:57 PM
I actually found that one JT. However I did find the one I was missing. It was the one where you had to ride the vehicle you made in the bounty hunters only room on to the platform with the crane in it. How the hell are people supposed to find that without a guide book? Lucky I rode it all the way their to see if it did anything.Oh, that one, congrats on finding it. :cool: Yeah, I had to tell a friend about that one over the phone recently. I found everything on my own, basically by exploring and looking at things that don't make any sense - there's nothing in the game that moves or can be built for no reason, assuming there has to be a reason I just went back and tried playing the level a different way (honestly, it was just a happy accident I found the one you're talking about, I decided to try driving the vehicle through the level and when I saw the ramp again I put 2 and 2 together).

JT, i know what the final reward is! i guess i won't bother to buy the rest of the score multipliers.It makes no sense really, at that point in the game you likely have bought everything anyway. But score multiplier really rack it up a lot faster, and being in the double-score room with x3840 is funny as hell - one silver stud is worth 76,800. :D

and i guess i'll try ROTJ super story first...i'd feel better if i got the toughest of them out of the way first. do they allow you to use any extras in the SSM's? i've noticed that for character and vehicle bonus, they don't allow score multiplication but allow everything else.Not a single extra, it doesn't even let you access the extras sub-menu. It's torture in that regard, I told my friend Rick when he bought invincibility as soon as it came up not to get used to it because he'll have to play through the game without it eventually.

figrin bran
09-28-2006, 11:38 PM
yeah, i found out the hard way about the no extras rule when i tried out SSM for ANH. i took up too much time on Secret Plans getting coinage so i'll have to try it again later on right after smallville

edit: i passed ANH's SSM with only 3 minutes left to spare! what a thrilling experience that was. my main problem was having to back track in the DS to grab some stormie helmets. and i hate it that C3P0 moves so slowly.

JediTricks
09-29-2006, 08:35 PM
I did the same thing getting all the coins I could on Secret Plans, but by the time I got to the end of the movie I had 190k and 200k from just picking up the easy quick coins along the way, so it turned out it wasn't really necessary. If you haven't played some of the movie's levels lately, it's a really good idea to Freeplay them before you jump into Super-Story, just take your time and plot out where all the good quick coins are and what items you can shoot while walking by them that will pay off.

I don't like being thrilled that much. :p When the timer is running I am in total hate mode, on the last ESB level I'm Lando and I'm trying to jump, I hit the O button by mistake and he takes 20 seconds out of his day to kiss Leia's hand - it's cute as hell but eating up TONS of time and I'm screaming my head off.

The helmets was frustrating, I found that it's not even worth bothering until you need them for the door, just rush into rooms without them, kill everybody, then go back and get the helmet.

3PO is slow, it's agony, I find he moves quicker when you go to the place he has to be with another character (except when your other characters aren't following you, not many times that happens though). One of the worst for me was ROTJ Endor Battle, there are 2 fences that have to be brought down by 6 pressure switches, and they're heavily separated, you have to build the grappling pad on one side then go build the ramp for the droids on the other, then you have to BE either of the droids or else they won't step on their pads automatically.

figrin bran
09-30-2006, 01:36 AM
attempt #1 at ROTJ super story mode - failed miserably with time hitting 1:00:00 near the end of battle of endor. i wasted too much time in Jabba's Palace, Pit of Carkoon and the 2 fences you mentioned on Battle of Endor, JT. maybe the problem is that i built the ramp first before i built the grappling pad?

JediTricks
09-30-2006, 09:48 PM
Jabba's Palace and the Carkoon battle eat up so much time it's not fair, the Palace you can sorta push through if you move as quick as you can and go back for helmets only when you absolutely need it, but the Carkoon battle has the disco-building which takes forever and everything on the top deck, it's agony.

Yeah, build the grappling pad first, then the ramp, then 3PO is right there anyway and you can just become him and stand on the switch, the others will run to their spots and the Imps don't shoot at you, it's 1 less trip around that barrier as well.

figrin bran
10-01-2006, 02:00 AM
I finished ROTJ super story in around 63 minutes and yet still got a gold brick. not much in the way of a score bonus but i still got the brick and that's all that counts ;) i guess all you need to do is complete the story and not necessarily under an hour?

soooo many things went wrong as i was attempting these levels today...somehow at the end of Battle of Endor, i was not able to destroy one of the upper shield generators i guess because somehow i had moved the AT-AT (agonizingly slow! i would never want to be an AT-AT Driver) so that it was pretty much right in front of the generator. i kept firing but wasn't hitting anything.

another bizarre thing that happened was that C3PO had suffered some battle damage and was hobbling around on one leg. i needed him to go up a ramp inside the endor bunker but he wouldn't and so i figured out i needed to shoot him to bits and then wait for him to regenerate.

speeder showdown was a huge source of frustration as well as there are just too many trees and shrubs that get in the way. sure, they're great for story mode and free play but not when you're racing against the clock. one thing i noticed is that the speeders seem to go faster if you aren't firing. it just seemed like if i wasn't firing, i was able to close in on the scouts quicker.

anyhow, 5 more bricks and i'm all done! i'm just glad i don't have to do ROTJ super story again. when i was stepping on the circles to activate the disco, the computer selected C3PO to step on the other circles. just great.

JediTricks
10-01-2006, 02:15 AM
Super story doesn't need to meet the time? AAAARRRRGH!!! That sucks, all my efforts for naught! Congrats to you though, that's cool.

Yeah, everything goes wrong in those ROTJ levels when its timed, so frustrating, I actually got blown up while flying out of the Death Star II - that never happened before. At least it wasn't permanently wrong though, I've had a few weird things where AI won't do what it's supposed to (not just in super story).

BTW, the reason the game used 3PO in the disco is because he was the character you were playing last, it selects your "player 2" character, I had to be real careful about that one a few times.

figrin bran
10-01-2006, 09:04 PM
i tested out my super story mode hypothesis on ESB and sure enough, i got a gold brick even though i did not finish within an hour. i think the key for that might be getting over 100,000 but i'm not really sure.

even with all 99 bricks, i'm still not at 100% completion! argh, i still have to raise enough money to buy the rest of the multipliers i guess.

JediTricks
10-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Crazy, all that work put into Super Story for nothing, 100k was the easy part every time.

Well, you know of easy ways to raise money. (The gold fountain, & Mos Eisley Spaceport)

figrin bran
10-02-2006, 11:09 PM
100% completion now!

JT, if it's any consolation to you, you're much better than me at this game if you can finish all of the Super Story Modes within an hour. i only got AHN under that limit.

i'm just glad that there weren't platforms that you have to force pull and then jump on like the jedi temple in the first game.

DarkArtist
10-03-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm bummed, my disc is all scratched up and now my system freezes after twenty minutes of play.

JediTricks
10-04-2006, 03:23 PM
100% completion now! Congrats!

JT, if it's any consolation to you, you're much better than me at this game if you can finish all of the Super Story Modes within an hour. i only got AHN under that limit. Woo, I'm better than you! ;) I did indeed do all the SSMs in under an hour each, it was hard as hell, and I had a lot of glitches which I didn't hear you did.

I'm bummed, my disc is all scratched up and now my system freezes after twenty minutes of play.How did the disc get all scratched already???

DarkArtist
10-04-2006, 03:48 PM
hell I wish I knew, I haven't taken the game out of the system since I bought it, well as least until three days ago. But now there are huge scratches and scuff marks on it.

JediTricks
10-04-2006, 04:17 PM
Would anybody else have taken the game out and been rough with it? If not, and the scratches are circular, it's possible there's something that fell into the console and is scratching the game as the disc spins. If they're diagonal or vertical it could be the same thing but stuck to the moving laser lens. You probably can't return it for replacement unless you can sell the idea that's how it was when you got it, but you could get a resurfacer for like $20.

figrin bran
10-05-2006, 03:13 AM
oh i had glitches a plenty JT but my selective memory just chose not to relive those painful experiences. a lot of times, panels wouldn't activate for me. and on battle of endor, i guess i moved the AT-AT too much and it was right in front, point blank, with the shield generators...i kept firing but could not destroy the generators so i had waste a lot of time backing up the AT-AT to get into a better position to fire at the generators. and with it being soooooo slow (it might be time to revisit that "which SW vehicle would you want to ride" thread) it was a LOT of time indeed.

JediTricks
10-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Ugh, that happened to me the first time I was playing the level, luckily it wasn't timed at that point. I honed my "skill" with it in freeplay and in SSM I was able to move it efficiently from 1 generator to the next without trouble, but boy was I sick of it by then.

figrin bran
10-05-2006, 11:03 PM
well, in regular story mode and freeplay, that AT-AT glitch never happened to me and i moved it just fine so i was really, really surprised during SSM!

suffice it to say, i would never want to be an AT-AT Driver. a TIE Interceptor pilot - yes indeed as that was my favorite vehicle to use in freeplay and on the minikit bonus levels.

so it seems that on this board, only JT and I have 100% completion thus far??? hooray for gamers who live in los feliz! :D

DarkArtist
10-05-2006, 11:13 PM
Would anybody else have taken the game out and been rough with it? If not, and the scratches are circular, it's possible there's something that fell into the console and is scratching the game as the disc spins. If they're diagonal or vertical it could be the same thing but stuck to the moving laser lens. You probably can't return it for replacement unless you can sell the idea that's how it was when you got it, but you could get a resurfacer for like $20.

Unfortunately I'm the only one who plays it. I think perhaps I will bring the sytem into the store and see if the warranty covers it. I mean it now freezes with every game I play. At first when I was playing SSM for ANH it would freeze everytime at the Rescue the Princess board. Now it freezes at least one or twice per level

JediTricks
10-06-2006, 04:45 PM
Yeah, Los Feliz Gamerz Rule! :D

Hopefully it works out, they may just tell you to get a disc repair kit though.

Rogue II
10-17-2006, 08:00 AM
Ok, I'm stuck at 98/99 gold bricks. My 1 missing brick is on the Rescue The Princess level. I have all the studs in both story and free play mode, and I have all the minikits and red brick. What am I missing?

96.9% complete.

JediTricks
10-17-2006, 03:18 PM
Nothing, if you have all that it's automatically 4 bricks, you must be missing something somewhere, are you SURE you have all that stuff checked off? Walk up to the door and it'll show you, if it's got a red X underneath, you don't have it.

figrin bran
10-17-2006, 11:46 PM
Rogue, have you bought all 8 gold bricks from the bartender? maybe that's where your missing one is, if you claim that you've done everything else in the game.

Luuuuuuke
10-20-2006, 04:23 PM
I got this game for my nephews. They totally loved the first Star Wars Lego and are totally enthralled by the sequel so far, but after reading posts here I'm worried they're going to get stumped on some of the levels in this game. They'll probably try to recruit me to finish certain levels for them, but I'm rusty. And I don't liked timed games.

Rocketboy
10-20-2006, 06:39 PM
There really isn't anything timed about it.
It does have a timer that tells you how long you've playing.

Luuuuuuke
10-20-2006, 06:52 PM
There really isn't anything timed about it.
It does have a timer that tells you how long you've playing.

Oh okay. I thought you were literally timed and if you didn't accomplish a task or level in time you lost

JediTricks
10-20-2006, 09:43 PM
I got this game for my nephews. They totally loved the first Star Wars Lego and are totally enthralled by the sequel so far, but after reading posts here I'm worried they're going to get stumped on some of the levels in this game. They'll probably try to recruit me to finish certain levels for them, but I'm rusty. And I don't liked timed games.The only timed levels are the bonus levels.

The rest of the game is not hard, I don't think they'll have a problem figuring it out if they just keep looking around for puzzles and Force-gimmicks and building gimmicks, if they did the last game ok they'll have the same with this.

figrin bran
10-20-2006, 10:46 PM
Luuuuuke, never underestimate kids and their gaming abilities! as a kid, i beat tons of games like SMB, Contra, Castlevania and were i to play those again, i don't think i'd be as good at them as i was back then.

Luuuuuuke
10-21-2006, 01:29 PM
Luuuuuke, never underestimate kids and their gaming abilities! as a kid, i beat tons of games like SMB, Contra, Castlevania and were i to play those again, i don't think i'd be as good at them as i was back then.

That's true. Whenever my nephews ask me to help them out--usually in some game I've never played--I remind them they're probably better than I am.

I've played Star Wars Lego II with them and it's really enjoyable. It's not hard at all, but there's a sense of achievement oddly enough.

DarkArtist
10-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Well I finally did it got all 99 gold bricks, red power blocks and completed all levels and built the lego stud spigot. Found something cool however, if you have 2x and 4x and put them both on at the same time it registers as 6x. I wonder if you purchased all the x's and turned them on at the same time will you get 24x ?????

JediTricks
10-25-2006, 04:21 PM
When you put 2x and 4x on at the same time it becomes 8x, not 6x. They're multipliers, I mentioned this in a previous post, I bought all the multipliers and used them at once, it was a whopping 3,840x and in a double-score-zone it jumped to 7,680x. :D

Luuuuuuke
10-27-2006, 11:22 PM
Dammit! for the second time already, the Lego Star Wars II data has been "corrupted" so I've had to delete it from my memory card. I don't play the game much but that's the second time my nephews--who love it--have gone far only to see this crap happen.

The first time it happened right after an apparent glitch in Bespin where one of my nephews got stuck in a small room(there was no way out.). He had to exit back to the cantina, but after that, we got a message about "corrupted data."

Now it just happened for the second time, but I don't know the circumstances. I wonder if the memory card is screwed up or the game itself.

JediTricks
10-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Wow, that sucks! I'm surprised the data corrupted at all, the only corrupted data I've ever had were from lockups during the save process, doesn't sound like what you were doing. It could be the card itself.

dindae
11-03-2006, 09:18 AM
I would grab a new memory but other than that you could occasionally back up the game to another slot.

Luuuuuuke
11-03-2006, 10:21 AM
Yeah, I think a new card is in order. It always happens when we're far into the game too. But other than that, it's a really enjoyable game.

CaptainSolo1138
01-30-2007, 08:43 AM
I've really been playing the snot outta this game the last week or so, but have ran into a HUGE issue and I'm hoping one of you guys can help a brutha out.

When I play the final level of ESB ("Betrayal Over Bespin" is it called?) I'm not "allowed" to finish the level. Specifically, the boarding ramp for the Falcon doesn't lower after all the Stormies are defeated. Here's why (I think): I'm not able to beat Boba Fett. After I get him down to one heart in the white, circular room you face him in in the beginning, he goes away, never to be seen again. I'm guessing he needs to be defeated to "destroy all enemies" and have the ramp lower? Because of this gaffe, I can't get any more than 2/8 minikit pieces and the red brick goes unaccounted for.

Another issue I'm having is on the ESB board where you fight Vader. When you're fighting him in the room with the two different steam panels up on the wall, there is a "midget door" leading into a jail cell of sorts holding a minikit canister. I can go INTO the first door and into the cell, but I can't get out, trapping me. Because of this, I can't get above 9/10 minikit canisters.

Do I have any viable options? Rocketboy suggested I contact the manufacturer, but are they really gonna care? Does anyone else have anything? Any help here would be sweet.:thumbsup:

figrin bran
01-30-2007, 12:24 PM
CS, Boba Fett does indeed retreat when you get him down to one heart. no matter how many enemies you defeat, the ramp will not automatically lower. you have to go to the control room and pull some levers in order to get it to lower and allow you to get to the Falcon.

i'll provide specifics later...

DarkArtist
01-30-2007, 01:51 PM
I've really been playing the snot outta this game the last week or so, but have ran into a HUGE issue and I'm hoping one of you guys can help a brutha out.

When I play the final level of ESB ("Betrayal Over Bespin" is it called?) I'm not "allowed" to finish the level. Specifically, the boarding ramp for the Falcon doesn't lower after all the Stormies are defeated. Here's why (I think): I'm not able to beat Boba Fett. After I get him down to one heart in the white, circular room you face him in in the beginning, he goes away, never to be seen again. I'm guessing he needs to be defeated to "destroy all enemies" and have the ramp lower? Because of this gaffe, I can't get any more than 2/8 minikit pieces and the red brick goes unaccounted for.

Another issue I'm having is on the ESB board where you fight Vader. When you're fighting him in the room with the two different steam panels up on the wall, there is a "midget door" leading into a jail cell of sorts holding a minikit canister. I can go INTO the first door and into the cell, but I can't get out, trapping me. Because of this, I can't get above 9/10 minikit canisters.

Do I have any viable options? Rocketboy suggested I contact the manufacturer, but are they really gonna care? Does anyone else have anything? Any help here would be sweet.:thumbsup:

I had the same problem with the Vader board and found that only certain smaller characters work. for instance I always have trouble using the ewok or jawa but with the ugnaught it's not a problem.

as far as the boarding ramp for the falcon, there are switches that have to be activated in the room where you fight fett before the ramp will lower.

El Chuxter
01-30-2007, 02:13 PM
So, anyone have any idea if this is dropping to $19.99 anytime soon?

I really want this game. But I don't want to pay $40, knowing it will be half that eventually.

JediTricks
01-30-2007, 06:18 PM
When I play the final level of ESB ("Betrayal Over Bespin" is it called?) I'm not "allowed" to finish the level. Specifically, the boarding ramp for the Falcon doesn't lower after all the Stormies are defeated. Here's why (I think): I'm not able to beat Boba Fett. After I get him down to one heart in the white, circular room you face him in in the beginning, he goes away, never to be seen again. I'm guessing he needs to be defeated to "destroy all enemies" and have the ramp lower? Because of this gaffe, I can't get any more than 2/8 minikit pieces and the red brick goes unaccounted for.Fett's supposed to run away. You're not triggering the last wave of Stormtroopers, I'm guessing maybe because of a cheat or maybe just because you haven't walked around the Falcon to a trigger point.

Another issue I'm having is on the ESB board where you fight Vader. When you're fighting him in the room with the two different steam panels up on the wall, there is a "midget door" leading into a jail cell of sorts holding a minikit canister. I can go INTO the first door and into the cell, but I can't get out, trapping me. Because of this, I can't get above 9/10 minikit canisters.I had this happen when I did this level. Try turning off all cheats and switching characters a few times. I tried for 5 minutes before the short character finally left the cell.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-30-2007, 06:19 PM
In the Vader level, make sure you're standing far enough away from the grate before you push the button to use it. I kept standing right up next to it as an Ewok and it wouldn't let me out, but if you put a little bit of space between you and the grate it should be fine.

Don't know about the other Bespin level.

I have a problem as well . . . on the very first level, in the room with the claw (where, in story mode, you first meet "Rebel Friend"), the minikit detector says there's a piece on the ramp thing, but it never appears. Does anyone know how to get it?

JediTricks
01-30-2007, 07:08 PM
I have a problem as well . . . on the very first level, in the room with the claw (where, in story mode, you first meet "Rebel Friend"), the minikit detector says there's a piece on the ramp thing, but it never appears. Does anyone know how to get it?You have to drive one of the cars you build earlier in the level onto the ramp thing.

CaptainSolo1138
01-30-2007, 08:00 PM
CS, Boba Fett does indeed retreat when you get him down to one heart. no matter how many enemies you defeat, the ramp will not automatically lower. you have to go to the control room and pull some levers in order to get it to lower and allow you to get to the Falcon.

Fett's supposed to run away. You're not triggering the last wave of Stormtroopers, I'm guessing maybe because of a cheat or maybe just because you haven't walked around the Falcon to a trigger point.

as far as the boarding ramp for the falcon, there are switches that have to be activated in the room where you fight fett before the ramp will lower.I know how to finish the level, I just don't understand why Fett doesn't present himself the second time around to be finished off, which I believe is keeping the ramp from dropping.

I never thought to turn off all the cheats, though, which I will surely try later on.

I had the same problem with the Vader board and found that only certain smaller characters work. for instance I always have trouble using the ewok or jawa but with the ugnaught it's not a problem.Awesome tip, DA. I always seem to draw either the jawa or ewok. I'll probably just choose the Ugnaught as my default character and try again.

Thanks everyone for the help. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.:thumbsup:

CaptainSolo1138
01-31-2007, 10:00 AM
Here's the update:

Going with Dark Artist's advice of using the Ugnaught, I was indeed able to get the last minikit piece on "Cloud City Trap". Thanks, homie.

But "Betrayal Over Bespin" is still not working, even with all cheats turned off. Where would I finish Boba Fett off at? On the platform with Slave 1 or in at the end of the hallway leading out to the landing platform?

Also, this is a HUGE thread so I'm sure it was mentioned before but what's the trick to getting a million studs in Lego City? I always end up four or five thousand short. I was pretty sure I was doing everything possible (driving all the different vehicles, opening windows before I destroy the houses, etc.). I wonder though:

*Is their something to the spinny house on the left?
*Is their something to the carousel on the right?
*Is their a bonus for flying the Wookiee Copter or Landspeeder?

Also, while I'm at it: How the hell is it possible to get a million studs in the Mos Eisley and Bespin character bonuses?!?!?

Lord Malakite
01-31-2007, 11:28 AM
So, anyone have any idea if this is dropping to $19.99 anytime soon?

I really want this game. But I don't want to pay $40, knowing it will be half that eventually.

I would imagine probably not until September or October at the earliest. From what I've noticed there is usually a minimum wait of about a year from release before there is a "Platinum Choice/Greatest Hits/Player's Choice" level price drop.

El Chuxter
01-31-2007, 11:45 AM
Huh. I was thinking the first Lego dropped to half price much more quickly.

Lord Malakite
01-31-2007, 12:32 PM
Until someone announces it who knows. ;) With 2007 being a big transition year for the console market it might happen sooner due to clearancing out the older consoles (among other possible reasons).

I'm just going on what I've noticed in my own experiences as the average time for games to get that kind of price drop, which give or take, is about at the year mark.

figrin bran
01-31-2007, 11:21 PM
Here's the update:

Also, while I'm at it: How the hell is it possible to get a million studs in the Mos Eisley and Bespin character bonuses?!?!?

For both Mos Eisley and Bespin character bonuses, i would suggest using a bounty hunter. For ME, it could be any of them and make sure you throw detonators at the vaporizers as those yield a lot of purple studs and also shoot at everything. if there are studs on the ground that are about to disappear always make sure to get the purple ones first. you don't really need to walk all over the entire level and it's probably best that you don't . just walk down one of the corridors, blast everything, make a turn then double back and by that point everything will have reseted.

IIRC, Bespin was a bit tougher since they shoot at you more aggressively. for this one, i would suggest Boba Fett simply for the fact that he has a jetpack. instead of stepping on the red panels to extend bridges, you can just fly across the gaps and by doing that, you prevent enemies from following you. and remember to toss detonators at any shiny metal objects (hopefully you're better at this than i am as a lot of times, i'd toss them and they would bounce right off the platforms and not stick to the shiny metal objects)

hopefully this helps.

CaptainSolo1138
02-01-2007, 08:57 AM
Using Fett to fly across the gaps seems like a solid tip. Thanks, figgy.

Is using a ghost beneficial outside of their invincibility?

dindae
02-01-2007, 10:40 AM
For both Mos Eisley and Bespin character bonuses, i would suggest using a bounty hunter. For ME, it could be any of them and make sure you throw detonators at the vaporizers as those yield a lot of purple studs and also shoot at everything. if there are studs on the ground that are about to disappear always make sure to get the purple ones first. you don't really need to walk all over the entire level and it's probably best that you don't . just walk down one of the corridors, blast everything, make a turn then double back and by that point everything will have reseted.

IIRC, Bespin was a bit tougher since they shoot at you more aggressively. for this one, i would suggest Boba Fett simply for the fact that he has a jetpack. instead of stepping on the red panels to extend bridges, you can just fly across the gaps and by doing that, you prevent enemies from following you. and remember to toss detonators at any shiny metal objects (hopefully you're better at this than i am as a lot of times, i'd toss them and they would bounce right off the platforms and not stick to the shiny metal objects)

hopefully this helps.

I used a bounty hunter for these as well. I found two areas that were close together with metal objects and went between the two. The metal objects respawn fairly quickly. I would gather on the way back and forth but if it wasn't purple I didn't go out of my way.

figrin bran
02-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Using Fett to fly across the gaps seems like a solid tip. Thanks, figgy.

Is using a ghost beneficial outside of their invincibility?

i've never used any of the ghosts on those bonus levels. invincibility/invisibility notwithstanding, i think you wouldn't be able to destroy the metal containers with them. plus the bounty hunters can shoot 3 shots in rapid succession but ghost jedi don't have as rapid a slash rate.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-20-2007, 08:15 PM
How in the HELL do you get the last canister on the Sail Barge level? It's the one between those giant things you shoot to destroy the ship and I have no idea how to get to it.

CaptainSolo1138
02-20-2007, 08:37 PM
How in the HELL do you get the last canister on the Sail Barge level? It's the one between those giant things you shoot to destroy the ship and I have no idea how to get to it.A bit more specific, please. Is it in the "thing" on the left or is it the one under the floor?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-20-2007, 11:08 PM
A bit more specific, please. Is it in the "thing" on the left or is it the one under the floor?
It's the one under the floor, as I recall.

figrin bran
02-21-2007, 12:45 AM
How in the HELL do you get the last canister on the Sail Barge level? It's the one between those giant things you shoot to destroy the ship and I have no idea how to get to it.

i believe that you have to go to the area below the turret gun, switch to a small character so that you can enter the little chutes on the wall. that should take you into a passageway that leads to the canister.

CaptainSolo1138
02-21-2007, 07:22 AM
From the walk-through guide I used:

Canister 10: On top of the sail barge, destroy one of the two generators (by using the turret or by using thermal detonators), and then drop down through the hole to the lower passageways beneath. Take care not to destroy the other generator yet (or else the chapter will end).
I'm not sure if it matters which generator you destroy. I've always destroyed the one on the left.

figrin bran
02-21-2007, 11:41 AM
now that i think about it, i might be wrong and CS is right. it's been a while since i've played this game :p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a whirl and see what happens. :)

CaptainSolo1138
02-21-2007, 08:46 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a whirl and see what happens. :)Damn right you will! Otherwise I might sic The Grin on your mama.

El Chuxter
02-22-2007, 01:10 AM
Actually, his mom prefers The Grip. I think it's the accent.

CaptainSolo1138
02-22-2007, 12:25 PM
Don't you mean Zee Grip? Those guys confuse the holy hell outta me.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Well I used the blow-up-the-left-canister method, and nobody's mom got porked!

El Chuxter
05-14-2007, 03:37 PM
As of today, Target has dropped the price to $19.99! I've not checked to see if other stores have followed suit.

I have this in my possession now; though I won't be able to play it for about a week, it was the only copy in stock, and I'm not sure if they'll be as good about restocking a title after it's no longer the hot new thing.

JediTricks
05-16-2007, 05:47 AM
My guess is it's about to become a Greatest Hits title and will ship in new packaging at MSRP $19.99.

General_Grievous
05-26-2007, 12:28 AM
This makes me so angry.

LEGO® Star Wars: The Complete Saga

DESCRIPTION
Building on the success of both LEGO® Star Wars™ “block-buster” videogames, LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga enables families to play through the events of all six Star Wars movies in one videogame for the first time ever. Developer Traveller’s Tales takes full advantage of the unique capabilities of all three next-generation consoles, while also adding new characters, new levels and new features. Players can build and battle this fall on the Wii™, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360™ videogame system from Microsoft. Traveller’s Tales is also creating an entirely new Nintendo DS™ version, developed brick by brick from the ground up.

PRODUCT INFORMATION
• Families can commemorate the 30th anniversary of Star Wars by playing through the events of all six Star Wars movies in one videogame for the first time ever, complete with LEGO building action and minifigure humor.
• Solve puzzles that encourage creative thinking through the use of teamwork and unique building situations only possible in a LEGO galaxy far, far away.
• Adds new levels, new characters and new features to the fun, creativity and tongue-in-cheek humor that made LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game and LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy such huge hits.
• New levels, such as Episode II’s never-before-played high-speed pursuit of bounty hunter Zam Wessell, further complete the entire Star Wars story.
• New playable characters like Watto, Zam Wessell, Boss Nass and more bring the total count to over 160.
• The upgraded Character Customizer includes all Prequel Trilogy characters for the first time, while also expanding its customization options well beyond those in LEGO Star Wars II, for millions more possibilities. Create cross-Trilogy mash-up characters like Han Windu and Lando Amidala.
• New game features include enhanced Force powers, new power-ups, and a new Challenge Mode.
• Levels from the original LEGO Star Wars are revamped to meet the gameplay evolutions of LEGO Star Wars II.
o For the first time, every Prequel Trilogy character – even those without the Force – can build, as well as jump into and out of the vehicles they create.
o Redesigned “Mos Espa Podrace” and “Gunship Cavalry” levels now encourage the open vehicle gameplay of LEGO Star Wars II.
o New bonus levels and 10 additional Bounty Hunter Missions offer new challenges in the Prequel Trilogy.
• Enhancements for every platform:
o Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3: The LEGO Star Wars premiere of online two-player co-op lets families play together from anywhere in the world for the first time.
o Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3: New high-resolution LEGO models and characters, along with new environment graphics and special effects, create visuals unparalleled by any other LEGO galaxy far, far away.
o Wii: Motion-sensitive inputs give you exciting new ways to control your LEGO Star Wars characters.
o Nintendo DS: Created from the ground up by Traveller’s Tales, this version incorporates exclusive touch-screen action and challenges.
• Peek behind the scenes with the bonus video “The Building of LEGO Star Wars.”

They added new levels and characters. Great. Just great. And one of them's the Zam Wesell chase, which is something I was sorry not to see on the first game. And for you non-next gen owners, this must suck for you also since you won't get to play those levels otherwise. I might just ask for this game for Christmas, or pick it up on a Black Friday sale. I'll need to have this one, but I'm still not happy about buying the same game again.

JediTricks
06-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Yeah, that really miffed me and I actively bypassed the Lucasarts booth after learning of their treachery. They showed a trailer for it in the Opening Ceremonies and not a single scene was new, everything was from the first 2 titles. I fear this is going to be a cheap entry, sloppily slapping the original 2 versions together with little new rather than a total overhaul it'll need to merge - new levels and the Prequels game will need a significant change to building abilities and vehicle behavior.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-05-2007, 01:51 AM
I was gonna start a new thread on it; good thing I browsed this one! :thumbsup:

As a Wii owner, I gotta say i'm really excited with the prospect of new levels, unlockables, and that stuff. :thumbsup:

I just wish the Wii got a brand new original SW game as i'm really looking forward to saber battling with the nunchunk and controller.

El Chuxter
01-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Anyone actually get Complete Saga?

I got it for Christmas. It's not bad at all. I'm glad I didn't pay $50 for it, but the enhancements are quite nice.

DarkArtist
01-02-2008, 07:32 PM

I got it for Christmas. It's not bad at all. I'm glad I didn't pay $50 for it, but the enhancements are quite nice.

i bought it for the Wii when it came out and I have to say it rocks. you can actually swing your Wii remote like a lightsaber and the character on the screen will respond. can't wait to see how they do the Force Unleashed on the Wii

JediTricks
01-04-2008, 04:44 AM
What's new/better about it Chux?

El Chuxter
01-04-2008, 12:19 PM
I've only played a little so far, but I've already noticed that there are red bricks in the PT boards (meaning a LOT of red bricks overall); the WiiMote is used not only for saber combat, but also in building and use of the Force; and there appear to be spots for far more characters.

Haven't gotten to any of the new boards yet.

jjreason
01-04-2008, 01:13 PM
New characters??? Aww hell, there goes another $50.00. I didn't know they were improving it!!!

El Chuxter
01-04-2008, 08:35 PM
I understand Zam Wessell and Boss Nass are two of the new ones.

JediTricks
01-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Well, hit me up when you get a more comprehensive list of the changes. Maybe I'll force my sister to buy it for her PS2.

DarthBrandon
01-06-2008, 07:21 PM

Yeah, we got it during the holidays & I must say it rocks big time.

Lord Malakite
01-07-2008, 03:37 PM
I understand Zam Wessell and Boss Nass are two of the new ones.
As is Indiana Jones. While in the cantina go to the trailer section and watch the game trailer for the upcoming Lego Indiana Jones game. After you watch it you can puchase him for 50,000. ;)

As far as all the changes go, here is what I've found listed in online guides:

The Mos Eisley Cantina is now the hub for the entire game, and has been significantly redesigned to reflect this.
A new mission has been added to the beginning of Episode II: Bounty Hunter Pursuit (which was cut from the original LSW).
Episode I: Mission 4 (Mos Espa Pod Race), while still a race, is now one big cohesive area, and instead of reaching a checkpoint before the time runs out, you simply have to beat Sebulba to the end.
Episode II: Mission 4 (Gunship Cavalry) has now become free-roaming, much like the vehicle missions in the OT.
All PT missions have a hidden Power Brick, and many incorporate the newer "building", "levers", and "vehicles" concepts from the OT in various spots.
All PT Episodes now each have a Bonus section incorporating Super Story, Character Bonus, and Minikit Bonus.
In addition to Story and Free Play, there is now a "Challenge" mode for each mission.
True Jedi now only needs to be reached either on Story or Free Play, no longer both.
There is a "Powerup" pickup in missions which can be grabbed to give your character enhanced abilities for a limited time.
There are now a total of 20 Bounty Hunter Challenges.
There are additional characters and extras to purchase.
There is a Two Player Arcade, meant to pit players against each other.
There is a "Bonus" lounge in the Cantina, where you can access six special bonus missions.
The game has a total of 160 Gold Bricks to find

JediTricks
01-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Hmm, I may have to pick this up when it comes down in price then.

DarthQuack
01-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Hmm, I may have to pick this up when it comes down in price then.

Likewise....my brother got it for his 360 and it looks awesome.

jjreason
01-22-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm getting it for sure - I just got a PS3 and need something to break it in with. :pleased:

I'd love to sell the PS2 versions for cheapity cheap cheap to raise the bucks for this purchase, in case anyone's looking for 'em.... :lipsrsealed: