PDA

View Full Version : Master Replicas FX Sabers

BountyHunterScum
01-04-2006, 05:02 AM
I didn't see one entitled this so I made one.

I just went on the MR site and they have Luke's ROTJ Green Saber, did they decide to start selling the improved model or is it the pale green first edition?

Jayspawn
01-04-2006, 09:11 AM
I was wondering about that also. I think its the older one-but not certain.

JediTricks
01-04-2006, 03:06 PM
It's the LED version, the one that *was* a Borders exclusive (gee, thanks so much for un-exclusiving it *after* I bought it MR :p). You can tell it's not the EL version because of this sentence in the description: "Glowing, bright green blade ignites with realistic power-up, and power-down lights effects." The EL original can only blink on and off.

There's a lot of Force FX saber threads in these forums already, so don't expect "master replicas fx sabers" to be an uncommon search term, even if it's not *exactly* the same title. ;)

BountyHunterScum
01-04-2006, 06:24 PM
It's the LED version, the one that *was* a Borders exclusive (gee, thanks so much for un-exclusiving it *after* I bought it MR :p). You can tell it's not the EL version because of this sentence in the description: "Glowing, bright green blade ignites with realistic power-up, and power-down lights effects." The EL original can only blink on and off.

There's a lot of Force FX saber threads in these forums already, so don't expect "master replicas fx sabers" to be an uncommon search term, even if it's not *exactly* the same title. ;)
The LED sabers specificly say LED light source. this one's description does not. maybe i will contact them and ask.

I just emailed them and the guy said its the LED version. Arschlochs. The punchline is he or she who buys from the site pays more than I did buying it in the store. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

JediTricks
01-05-2006, 04:36 PM
The only Force FX that says anything about LEDs on their current listings is the Mace Windu, which uses the older style text (they worded things differently back when this one came out), if you check the Anakin ROTS and Vader ESB they are virtually identical to the Luke ROTJ, no actual mention of the LEDs in 'em.

BountyHunterScum
01-05-2006, 06:46 PM
The only Force FX that says anything about LEDs on their current listings is the Mace Windu, which uses the older style text (they worded things differently back when this one came out), if you check the Anakin ROTS and Vader ESB they are virtually identical to the Luke ROTJ, no actual mention of the LEDs in 'em.

I emailed them and the guy said the ROTJ Luke Saber is the LED version and that the borders exclusivity was a temporary thing.

JediTricks
01-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Bah! I spent a LOT of gas money tracking that sucker down (of course, a month later all the stores have it :p).

Warstar
01-06-2006, 05:39 PM
My girlfriend (bless her soul) bought me the new Vader saber one for Christmas and it kicks much much butt...

BUT-

I have been looking at getting a Luke saber from Borders...but I am confused.

My Vader takes 3 AA batteries. The FX Anakin that is selling along side my Vader one says it takes 3 batteries.

I notice on MR's site it says that the Green Luke saber they have takes 6 AA batteries, yet the Luke sabers I have seen at my local Borders (sitting there, all 10 or so of them in new, unopened boxes ;)) all say they take 3 AA batteries.

So, am I to take it that the listing on the web site is wrong or was there an older model of the green Luke saber before the Borders one?

And don't even get me started on Mace Windu's saber...:p

JediTricks
01-08-2006, 01:41 AM
I just got up and checked my Borders' Luke ROTJ's box, it says 6 "AA"s and that *is* what it takes. Until this newest wave of Anakin's ROTS and Vader's ESB, they all took 6 batteries, the 3 battery design is newer.

Sith Lord 0498
01-08-2006, 09:05 AM
My girlfriend (bless her soul) bought me the new Vader saber one for Christmas and it kicks much much butt...

BUT-

I have been looking at getting a Luke saber from Borders...but I am confused.

My Vader takes 3 AA batteries. The FX Anakin that is selling along side my Vader one says it takes 3 batteries.

I notice on MR's site it says that the Green Luke saber they have takes 6 AA batteries, yet the Luke sabers I have seen at my local Borders (sitting there, all 10 or so of them in new, unopened boxes ;)) all say they take 3 AA batteries.

So, am I to take it that the listing on the web site is wrong or was there an older model of the green Luke saber before the Borders one?

And don't even get me started on Mace Windu's saber...:p

There was an older model with a blade that could only blink off and on and it took 6 AA batteries. The new former Borders-exclusive saber is the same except that the blade now has LEDs similar to the newest Vader and Anakin saber, so now it can power up/down. However, they didn't retool the other electronics...hence it still needs 6 batteries.

Warstar
01-08-2006, 05:18 PM
I'll have to check my Borders again to see the battery requirements...I thoguht it said 3. Grr. Ah well- I want one :p

Thanks for clearing up my confusion guys :)

JediTricks
01-08-2006, 07:38 PM
There was an older model with a blade that could only blink off and on and it took 6 AA batteries. The new former Borders-exclusive saber is the same except that the blade now has LEDs similar to the newest Vader and Anakin saber, so now it can power up/down. However, they didn't retool the other electronics...hence it still needs 6 batteries.
The sounds on the new one are different than the old, and I think the swing and crash sensors are totally upgraded.

Sith Lord 0498
01-09-2006, 05:58 AM
The sounds on the new one are different than the old, and I think the swing and crash sensors are totally upgraded.

I thought those improvements were also made, but I couldn't confirm that as I don't plan on buying it.

What I meant about not retooling the other electronics was that they didn't modify them to run on 3 AAs instead of the original (and current for this saber) 6 AAs. Sorry that wasn't clear. :thumbsup:

Val Da Car
02-02-2006, 11:27 PM
I will be trading some Hasbro droids for a Luke with a fellow collector.

I will compare it to the Mace (6AA) and the Vader (3AA) once I power them up.

jedi master sal
02-03-2006, 07:19 AM
Yeah! I bought my first FX saber last night. I bought an Anakin FX for only $69.99 at my local Best Buy. With tax was just under $75. That's a great deal to me. I had been holding out because of price. I'm glad I did. This thing is easily my favorite new "toy" of my collection.

-Sal

Jayspawn
02-03-2006, 08:39 AM
Congratulatons JMS! Its awesome isnt it? I think its one of the best FX sabers. It's a very nice big boy toy.

BountyHunterScum
02-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Darth Vader's FX Saber has always been one of my favorites.

Val Da Car
02-04-2006, 10:43 AM
The Trade is now complete!

Luke FX is in my hands....nice and light.

Definitely older blade technology like Mace's but still great overall.

Light handle but cumbersome and crude (like a young Jedi would craft).

I think I will have to get the Anakin to complete the set

The Vader saber has the better fx saber light functionality and I do light them all.

Now for the Darth Maul dual action one coming up.

My wife even liked it.......:yes:

jedi master sal
02-05-2006, 05:59 AM
Congratulatons JMS! Its awesome isnt it? I think its one of the best FX sabers. It's a very nice big boy toy.

Thanks. As it's my first and only one, I have no others to judge it by. It's most definitely a big boy toy! I'm playing with this thing all the time. My fiancee either rolls her eyes or asks me to turn it down...ha ha, no volume switch. (that really means she wants em to turn it off, but if I place the speaker against my skin it muffles it enough so she's not bothered. Just hard to play with that way.

Gawd, I feel like a kid again with this saber! Imagine if you're an old-timer like me and we had these back in the 70s!

-Sal

Val Da Car
02-05-2006, 08:50 AM
JMS,

My wife kinda does the same thing....but she actually doesn't mind.
I have hinted to her about either getting the Anakin to wrap up the 2005 collection. But I told her of the upcoming 2006 Darth Maul 7' dual saber (which is funny with me being 5' 7") coming out.

BountyHunterScum
02-16-2006, 11:08 AM
Darth Maul is only 5'7" himself although I think Ray Park is actually 5'8 or 9. I could be mistaken.

Jayspawn
02-16-2006, 11:38 AM
I'd say thats about right. I've met Ray several times in person. I'm a few inches under 6 ft and he's a tad shorter than I am.

nash
02-17-2006, 12:29 AM
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/9524/maulfx0uo4wr.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Maxu3x
02-17-2006, 10:14 AM
jay, you've met Ray Park? Where was this? Have you met any of the other actors?

Jayspawn
02-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Oh yeah, I've met Ray a few times. At Celebration III and a few other cons/appearances -wonderful man! I'm met most of the other actors as well except for a few (Lee, Fisher, Hamill, Portman, etc)

Jayspawn
02-17-2006, 11:31 AM
The Darth Maul FX looks great, very exciting! People can rag on TPM all they want, but most everyone loves Darth Maul.

I'm gonna pass on the Maul FX, as I have all $ tied up elsewhere. It'll be around for a while like the other FXs.

BountyHunterScum
02-17-2006, 12:01 PM
I just got that Maul FX email from MR today. I'm gonna get it.

JediTricks
02-17-2006, 02:22 PM
I want to get it, but I'm probably gonna have to wait till it actually comes out to order it, I wish I could preorder it, but I'm not even sure at this point if I can afford both at once or have to buy one now and one later.

Maxu3x
02-17-2006, 04:29 PM
People like Darth Maul for the same reason they like Boba Fett. They both are mysterious and they both look cool. It also doesn't hurt that Maul has mad skills with a unique double bladed lightsaber. :thumbsup: If I was going to get the FX I would pay the extra $80 and get the double bladed one to have two "battle damaged" sabers with it.

JediTricks
02-18-2006, 04:58 PM
I think I'm gonna be able to buy the full saber when it comes out after all, my sister wants to pay for part of it because of a snafu with the present she got me for christmas, and I may have help from someone else too. I suspect I'm gonna have to display it in halves much of the time because I simply don't have enough space for the whole saber. :D

jaxx
02-19-2006, 11:59 AM
I don't know if the store "Suncoast Pictures" is everywhere across the USA, but, for all of us collectors' sakes, I hope it is.
I went to one in the mall by me (Fox Valley Mall in Aurora, IL) and found Anakin's blue Episode 3 Force Effects Lightsaber for $49!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, of course, I got it. You can't beat that. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
02-20-2006, 03:30 AM
Wow, Suncoast has Anakin's ROTS saber for only $50? Dang, that's amazing, I'll have to hit the 2 Suncoasts by me.

Jayspawn
02-20-2006, 12:48 PM
My Suncoats are all gone. :(