PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Titanium Spotters Thread.

AndyW
01-04-2006, 06:27 AM
Just reading over in the rebelscum forums that the new Wave 5 (or should we call this Wave 1 now?!) has been spotted in stores in the US other than Wal-Mart.

So I thought it might be handy to have a spotted thread of our own. Of course, at the moment this will just be US people spotting stuff, but as and when us Euro MMers start seeing stuff it'll be good to report it back.

I've already checked the French local TRU's, and they've had a MASSIVE restock of the original Wave 1, before it took up a small part of the display (and repeatedly sold out) and now its been given a larger chunk of the Star Wars display. While I was back in the UK I checked any Forbidden Planets I was near, but it was too soon after the US release I think.

So, if anyone spots these outside of Walmart or even the US then don't hold back!

matthewilw
01-04-2006, 01:34 PM
I actually haven't seen any at wal-mart. I've found them at almost every target in the San Antonio, TX area though. That's where I picked up my ultra tri-fighter. I haven't bought any of the new titaniums simply because these molds don't interest me much, I almost bought the capital ship, but decided against it, it's just more money I don't need to spend, especially with tuition/taxes coming up.

AndyW
01-04-2006, 01:44 PM
According to Rebelscum these have also been spotted at a US TRU.

ascmclarencoupe
01-05-2006, 04:09 PM
I just got back from my local Target store and picked up 4 of the 2006 Titaniums.

Vulture Droid
Speeder Bike
Republic Attack Cruiser
Clone Turbo Tank

There was only one Vulture Droid, but they had two or three of the others.

Brent

JediTricks
01-05-2006, 05:01 PM
Spotted at Target the Clone Turbo Tank and Vulture Droid, as well as Ultra ARC-170 and Droid Tri-Fighter.

Darth Michael
01-05-2006, 05:54 PM
I spotted an Ultra Tri-Fighter in a local Target. No smaller Titaniums, though.

Are the non-WalMart Titaniums different from the WalMart exclusive versions? If so, how?

Sith Lord 0498
01-05-2006, 07:02 PM
On December 23, I found the following at Wal-Mart:

Ultra: ARC-170
Ultra: Droid Tri-Fighter
3": Speeder Bike
3": Republic Assault Cruiser
3": Clone Turbo Tank
3": TIE Fighter (White Deco)

Tonight, I found the following at Target:

Ultra: ARC-170
Ultra: Droid Tri-Fighter
3": Death Star
3": Slave 1 (Jango Fett)
3": Vulture Droid

JediTricks
01-06-2006, 02:07 PM
I spotted an Ultra Tri-Fighter in a local Target. No smaller Titaniums, though.

Are the non-WalMart Titaniums different from the WalMart exclusive versions? If so, how?
They're different vehicles, the 3 actual WM-exclusive waves aren't currently set to be released in this mass-retailer line. Also, the WM-exclusives focused on Star Wars as the line, but the mass-retail line is Titanium Series first, Star Wars second.

BTW, anybody else think the 6" Droid Tri-Fighter's paint is kinda crummy?

Slicker
01-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Just found at WM:

Clone Turbo Tank
Speeder Bike
Republic Cruiser (is this tough to find. I found it stashed with a TSC Fett)

figrin bran
01-07-2006, 07:12 PM
i found these at target today:

ultra ARC
ultra droid fighter
vulture droid
death star
slave 1
speeder bike

last week at the same target i found the chase TIE fighter, republic cruiser, turbo tank.

Scackmgack
01-07-2006, 09:53 PM
Saw the 3" Vulture Droid (crappy paint - the eyes are RED not GREEN, damnit!), Clone Turbo Tank, Slave I, and Death Star at Target this evening, along with the Ultra ARC-170 and Tri-Fighter.

I think the Republic Attack Cruiser is the scalper fodder for this wave.

AndyW
01-08-2006, 06:09 AM

I'd be inclined to say its just the most popular one of the line. All the auctions on ebay for these are *fairly* reasonable, about the same price as the speeder bike and Clone tank, whereas the others are slightly more expensive.

Sith Lord 0498
01-08-2006, 08:56 AM

I'd have to disagree on this too. I found the initial 2006 wave on the shelves the day before Christmas Eve, and the Republic Assault Cruiser was in plentiful supply--nearly half a dozen or so (probably two cases worth of Titaniums).

Scackmgack
01-08-2006, 02:25 PM
Give your markets time to develop and you will see what I mean. Boston is really, really bad for scalping because there just aren't many stores around here which carry the stuff so the ratio of scalpers to product is much higher. I have noticed, since I started paying attention to scalping, that I can usually tell pretty darned quick which is the scalper fodder and which is not.

Answer me this: is the Speeder Bike also popular? I find it suspicious that I found everything but the cruiser and that in the Target where I found everything else. I'm not willing to bet on the Speeder Bike being scalper fodder #2 yet, but I've got my eye on it.

All I know is I am sick of having to either go to stores on Saturday mornings to get product or stop in every day after work. I am *this* close to calling my collecting days over, between finding myself wanting to lie in wait for scalpers and secondary market store owners on shopping runs so I can severely injure them and now the preposterous price increase on the basic figures which means I will hardly purchase any of them anymore.

I just wish I could get a hold of someone at Hasbro and ask them why they don't start doubling their production, get a decent web designer, and start selling product online at an acceptable rate. I would be more than happy to pay shipping to know that I was getting precisely what I wanted in precisely the quantities I wanted.

Warstar
01-08-2006, 04:49 PM
I just wish I could get a hold of someone at Hasbro and ask them why they don't start doubling their production, get a decent web designer, and start selling product online at an acceptable rate. I would be more than happy to pay shipping to know that I was getting precisely what I wanted in precisely the quantities I wanted.

If Hasbro sold Titaniums or figures direct I'd be stoked!

I am still sore from back in the day when the Freeze Frame line died and I had to pay an average of $18 a figure n ebay t get them, and then they suddenly re-appeared en masse at KB Toy stores on clearnace for 3 @ $9.99 the very next summer.

I am predicting that the same thing iwll happen here with the ROTS line- expect to see them again, clearanced, at a KB near you this summer...

Back to Titaniums-

That's why I orderesd the case that I did from EE- I got 2 of each save the Vulture and the TIE, and tracking down those 2 will be fairly easy- scalper or no scalper. You just have to research online retailers and sometimes you can get a good deal.

Scackmgack
01-08-2006, 09:38 PM
Really, the only ones from this line I want are the Star Destroyers. I saw all the rest (sans the white TIE, which I am not interested in, and the Speeder Bike, which I am equally uninterested in) at Target and passed on all of them. My collection is kind of a "one or two representations of each thing/character, but not all" collection, which is why I returned the Ultra ARC-170 when I realized it was screwed to the base.

Yes, I know I could have unscrewed it, but it seemed like a pain in the butt, and quite frankly the $20 price point hadn't pleased me too much, either.

Anyway, back to the spotting bit. I hope I can say I spotted Venator-class Star Destroyers some time in the near future.

Luckily my birthday is next month so I can ask for some and someone else can pay the scalpers off eBay, as I refuse to.

Slicker
01-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Found several Venators, speeder bikes, Turbo Tank and 1 Jango Slave I (I think this may be older though) and a droid fighter.

I bought one of each (except for Slave I apparently, I thought I bought it but it's not in my bag) for $3 a pop (I thought these cost more).

JediTricks
01-13-2006, 03:48 PM
The Vulture Droid I'm guessing is *not* 1 per case, I've been seeing too many of these at Target and TRU lately. The day before yesterday I found a Death Star, more Vulture Droids, and 2 Jango Slave 1s at TRU. I bought the DS only. Also found the Speeder Bike at Target and bought it too.

Speeder Bike is a piece of crap, the vehicle is tiny and very little of it is metal. It's got no features and is probably action fleet scale like the old Battle Pack ones but I think it's a different mold and I haven't compared them yet. So the vehicle is AF scale but the figure is like twice that, so he looks WAY too big for this thing, like he's riding junior's bikey.

Warstar
01-13-2006, 05:47 PM
Oddly enough, I like the Speeder Bike. Maybe just for looks- I don't know.

Anyway, the Vulture I got in my case from EE was 1 per. They're probably not selling or maybe it's a different case revision we haven't seen yet or that's been posted.

I'm just glad no new ones are due until next month! And March.

Etc.

Still have yet to see them on retail shelves here in Bozeman, MT...

JediTricks
01-13-2006, 06:02 PM
Oh, one more thing about the Speeder Bike, even if you were willing to cut the guy off, the scout trooper must remain because the foot controls are not attached to the bike, ONLY to his feet!

Warstar
01-13-2006, 06:43 PM
Oh, one more thing about the Speeder Bike, even if you were willing to cut the guy off, the scout trooper must remain because the foot controls are not attached to the bike, ONLY to his feet!

Bitter much? :D

*Runs*

JediTricks
01-13-2006, 11:24 PM
Bitter much? :D

*Runs* Speederbike crappy much? :p

Slicker
01-14-2006, 12:58 PM
Anyway, back to the spotting bit. I hope I can say I spotted Venator-class Star Destroyers some time in the near future.Scack I've seen these all over in my area. If you want me to pick you up one next time I see it just shoot me a PM.:D

As for findings I happened across a white TIE today at TRU. I have no clue why I've started buying Titaniums again. I completely missed waves 3 and 4 so I don't know why they've piqued my interest again.

vulcantouch
01-14-2006, 02:32 PM
-where'd you find that price?? nice :thumbsup: :greedy:

Slicker
01-14-2006, 03:06 PM
-where'd you find that price?? nice :thumbsup: :greedy:I got them at WM. I was as surprised as anyone. I just bought another Titanium at TRU today and it rang up at $4.99 so I got $2 off by going to WM.

Warstar
01-14-2006, 11:15 PM
FINALLY spotted Titaniums tonight- both Ultra's and Jango's, DS and Clone Tank at my local Target.

Also spotted SW TF's Darth and Grievous...

Too bad I am flat BROKE or I would have purchased them...

Maybe next month :(

JediTricks
01-15-2006, 03:46 PM
Target had 2x wave 2 yesterday (Jango's Slave 1, Republic Attack Cruiser, Speeder Bike, Death Star, Vulture Droid) and I bought the RAC (aka the Venator).

I didn't love this ship's design, it was screaming "look! look! I'm a Star Destroyer's daddy!!!" but without the cool factor AND those twin bridges look stupid... still, it wasn't terrible, so I bought it. Sadly, while the ship is the same size as Galoob's die cast Star Destroyer, the Hasbro folks really don't have the sculpting or paint quality up to that level so it has less detail and a way-over-the-top black paint wash. It also has no features whatsoever, bummer. Not a bad item, but not stellar either.

jaxx
01-16-2006, 11:36 AM
OK... so I've found the Death Star, Jango's Slave 1, Vulture Droid, and Turbo Tank along with the Ultra ARC-170 and Ultra Tri-Fighter at Target a couple of days ago. I found the Speeder Bike at a TRU yesterday. I haven't seen anything else. I guess that there are only two more in this wave (white TIE and Republic Attack Cruiser), right?????
Does anyone have a list of the Titanium vehicles that are supposed to be in that particular wave, and a list of all of the Titanium vehicles that are supposed to come out in the next few months? I can't find a list anywhere I go.

ascmclarencoupe
01-16-2006, 12:16 PM
OK... so I've found the Death Star, Jango's Slave 1, Vulture Droid, and Turbo Tank along with the Ultra ARC-170 and Ultra Tri-Fighter at Target a couple of days ago. I found the Speeder Bike at a TRU yesterday. I haven't seen anything else. I guess that there are only two more in this wave (white TIE and Republic Attack Cruiser), right?????
Does anyone have a list of the Titanium vehicles that are supposed to be in that particular wave, and a list of all of the Titanium vehicles that are supposed to come out in the next few months? I can't find a list anywhere I go.

jaxx,

You are correct, you only need the White Tie, and the RAC to complete this wave of individually packaged 3" Titaniums. There is also the 3rd 5-pack gift set with the raw-metal Falcon that recently came out too.

Warstar put together a nice detailed list of the early Waves here:
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=30416

Brent

Warstar
01-16-2006, 05:14 PM
I should update that list- I think I will later this week. I'll make a new thread :p

Anyway, it's weird to me that the White TIE and Vulture seem so common- esp. with EE's case listings. Maybe people just don't like them...I guess.

And JT- I TOTALLY agree with you on the RAC. After collecting McFarlane Toys for so long and seeing how they'd use paint wash sometimes to make figures "pseudo-detailed," I was bummed to see it on this ship. If there was a bit more detailing on the ship the wash would REALLY help bring it out but there isn't- and that's just how it goes I suppose. :(

JediTricks
01-17-2006, 01:58 AM
My friend Rick found wave 3 just now at WM in Las Vegas, he bought me a set except for the CW Gunship which is 1 per case. He looked in the case (wave 3, rev 1) and said there were 3 white TIE Fighters, so I guess they're not rare anymore.

jaxx
01-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the info "Ascmclarencoupe." I found the last two yesterday (white TIE and RAC).
So I guess that since wave 3 was found in Sin City already, it should show up in the wonderful midwest in a couple of weeks.

ascmclarencoupe
01-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the info "Ascmclarencoupe." I found the last two yesterday (white TIE and RAC).
So I guess that since wave 3 was found in Sin City already, it should show up in the wonderful midwest in a couple of weeks.

No problem, but Warstar is the real hero. That list is real handy for someone like me who never collected the Galoob line. Now I know what was out there and without that list, I wouldn't.

If you are collecting the Ultra Titanium line, check Meijer's. I was there this morning and they are selling them for $17.99 each. I have been buying them at WM for $19.97. Plus I would rather give someone else my money other than just WM. lol

Warstar
01-17-2006, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the compliment :)

Las Vegas must have a Wal-Mart distribution center in or near it. I used to find things when I lived in Greeley, CO, before anyone else did ALL the time because there is a Wal-Mart distribution center near Ft. Collins, CO. My friend Jason and I would go hunting in Greeley, Loveland, and Ft. Collins all the time (this was from in 1995-97). Towns/places near Distro Centers always get the cool stuff first.

My Wally-World has yet to recover here, though I did see the Hoth Wave of 3 3/4 figs and an SW TF there- along with those Custom Motorcycles (WHAT was Hasbro THINKING???)

Anyway, I look very forward to getting these new ships, and I hope I can find a White TIE to open soon (along with a Vulture- seems we'll be ok there, too :))

ascmclarencoupe
01-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the compliment :)

My Wally-World has yet to recover here, though I did see the Hoth Wave of 3 3/4 figs and an SW TF there- along with those Custom Motorcycles (WHAT was Hasbro THINKING???)

Anyway, I look very forward to getting these new ships, and I hope I can find a White TIE to open soon (along with a Vulture- seems we'll be ok there, too :))

My WM is still lagging as well, they have the pegs ready for this current wave but still nothing. I ended up getting them at Target & Meijer's.

I was at Meijer's yesterday and they had 2 of the White TIE's, so if you don't want to chance it, I could pick one up for you.

Brent

SHOPPING MAUL
01-19-2006, 01:18 AM
Yesterday before noon, i found the new titanium ships/vehicle at a couple
of local Targets.
These where: the at-at walker, imperial shuttle, republic gunship,
and Darth Vader's tie fighter(tie advanced x1 starfighter).
They're great!!!
The Republic gunship has a real nice paint job. It kind of reminds me of
navy or air force fighters with their beastly eyes and open mouth "nose art".
Darth Vader's tie-fighter, the imperial shuttle, and the at-at all look
excellent, but the at-at with it's detail and the white snow base/stand
make it for me the best of these four titaniums...........

Warstar
01-19-2006, 02:37 AM
My WM is still lagging as well, they have the pegs ready for this current wave but still nothing. I ended up getting them at Target & Meijer's.

I was at Meijer's yesterday and they had 2 of the White TIE's, so if you don't want to chance it, I could pick one up for you.

Brent

Hold that thought...if any of them have the little paint badge thing, get one ;)

If not, then STILL hold that thought- I haven't hunted much lately but that could change so I might get lucky here...I hope...

Thanks though- it's appreciated!

ascmclarencoupe
01-20-2006, 08:49 AM
Warstar,
I stopped back at my Meijer store this morning and looked at the TIE and it does not have the badge on it. They didn't have Wave 3 on the shelf yet.
Then I stopped at my WM and they now have both Wave 3 & 4 put up (no badges on their TIE's either).
Planned on going to Target too but I ran out of time and had to get to work.

I must say this Wave 3 with the AT-AT, Shuttle, CW gunship, & DV Fighter is by far my favorite set yet. :love:

abell748
01-20-2006, 03:40 PM
I have only seen the Turbotank, AT-AT, and the Vader TIE. It drives me nuts because all I want is the RAC and the Gunship. The bad thing is in southern Indiana the Gunship is diecast and says "limited" so the Hotwheels scum buy them all up. If anyone can help with either one shoot me a PM.

AndyW
01-21-2006, 04:36 AM
Just to update with a Europe report. No sign of any 2006 Titaniums in the collectors shops I frequent, nor at TRU, although they have yet again re-stocked with the original Wave 1 ships (X-Wing, TIE, Falcon, Slave One) for the hundreth time.

Surprising thing is, they keep selling out. Do we have any official word about these being sold outside the US yet? I suppose it is only a month after christmas, so might take longer to reach shelves.

Warstar
01-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Snagged an Imp Shuttle and Darth's TIE here in Bozeman Montana last night at Wal-Mart.

I am surprised to say the least- but this just means I have to hunt down a White TIE (to open), CW Gunship and AT-AT- plus ANOTHER set of 4 to open...

Grr...

BUT- To quote Carol-Anne "They're heeeere..." :p

AndyW
01-22-2006, 04:19 PM
Thread Hyjack...

Hey Warstar, empty your pm inbox. :thumbsup:

Sentinel18725
01-22-2006, 07:38 PM
Found the AT-AT, Darth's TIE, and the Shuttle at Target in Chicago (Roosevelt). Others there but didn't pick up any like the Speeder bike.

jaxx
01-23-2006, 12:34 PM
I can't believe that they made it to Chicago already... I've been searching at all the Wal*Marts, Targets, and TRU's in my area, and none of them have anymore Titanium vehicles. They haven''t gotten the newer wave (after the speederbike wave). All I see are Transformers on the Titanium pegs. It's frustrating. I really want that AT-AT!

ascmclarencoupe
01-23-2006, 04:29 PM
I can't believe that they made it to Chicago already... I've been searching at all the Wal*Marts, Targets, and TRU's in my area, and none of them have anymore Titanium vehicles. They haven''t gotten the newer wave (after the speederbike wave). All I see are Transformers on the Titanium pegs. It's frustrating. I really want that AT-AT!

jaxx,

You might try Meijer's. Near me I have a Target, Wal*Mart & a Meijer all within a mile of each other and while the Titaniums are flying off the shelf at Target & WM, they are collecting dust at the Meijer store. Maybe the scalpers have forgot to look there or something.

jaxx
01-23-2006, 11:49 PM
Yeah... I went by two Meijers' the other day, and there were absolutely no Star Wars items at all. I take that back, there were a couple of Attactix boxes, and a couple of Galactic Heros.
Meijer has never been a good source around me.
I'm hoping to make it our to a Target early tomorrow. Maybe I can get lucky there.

ascmclarencoupe
01-24-2006, 09:44 AM
At my store they aren't even near the rest of the Star Wars stuff, they are in the next isle over hanging out with all of the other die-cast cars & toys.
If it wasn't that I was bored that day and started looking around I would have surely missed them. This could also explain why they are still hanging the pegs there while the other two stores in the area are sold out.

jaxx
01-24-2006, 05:46 PM
I checked out Meijer again, and I did find some of the Titaniums by the die-cast cars, but they were from a couple of waves agao. Thank you for the pointing me in the right direction, Ascmclarencoupe.
I did find the Clone Wars Republic Gunship and Darth Vader's TIE Advanced at a Target... which is good, but it also means that I was just a bit too late. I really want that Imperial Shuttle and AT-AT!!!
Does anyone know when the wave with the Naboo Royal Starship is supposed to come out? I hope it isn't for another month. $$$$$$

Kidhuman
01-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Found the CW gunship today. An awesome little piece.

Slicker
01-27-2006, 07:53 PM
Found the AT-AT, Tydirium, and Vader's TIE at WM tonight. Not sign of the Gunship though.

jaxx
01-28-2006, 12:37 AM
Schweet!!!
I finally found the AT-AT and Imperial Shuttle at a... of all places... a TRU yesterday!
I can't believe that a TRU actually had something new.
I asked this earlier, but no one answered... I'll try again. Does anyone know when the wave with the Naboo Royal Starship is supposed to come out?

Warstar
01-28-2006, 12:56 AM
Technically March- but the CW Gunship/Imp Shuttle/Darth's TIE and AT-AT weren't supposed to be out until February- but they were spotted over a week ago and are out now!

SO, the Naboo Royal in the new packaging should be out fairly soon...

Oh yeah- found New Wave at Target in the afternoon here in Bozeman today- 1 CW Deco Gunship, 1 White TIE, 3 Imp Shuttles, 2 Darth's TIEs, 1 Vulture and 3 AT-AT's :D Bet they'll be gone tomorrow...

Slicker
02-03-2006, 10:25 AM
Found all of the new wave at TRU today. I only needed the Gunship so I picked that up and I also got another set of the other 3. They also had one white TIE but I left it knowing that it'll be around in a couple of waves in abundance.

JediTricks
02-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Slicker, the rest of the waves have the white TIE back to 1 per case, only wave 3-rev 1 has 3 per case, wave 3 proper has just 1 per.

ascmclarencoupe
02-24-2006, 02:19 PM
Mass Retail Wave 4 just hit the shelves in my area. I picked up the Wookie Flyer & the green Jedi Starfighter. There was also an Imperial Shuttle in the variation packaging (facing forward) and a battle damaged MF.
I passed on the battle damaged MF because I was thinking that this same ship was already out before, but after looking at Warstar's list it appears it was originally part of the Wal Mart wave 4 that never showed up. I guess I will have to go back for that one. No sign of the Naboo Royal Starship yet.

Warstar
02-24-2006, 05:23 PM
SWEET! More to hunt and more to open!

I still wanna get a case from AFX but the money is low until next week, darn it...

I'll probably get that Imp Shuttle packing variant, too- but only because I LOVE the Imperial Shuttle.

*Sniffle*

^_^

Blue2th
02-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Picked up the Wookie Flyer, Obi-Wan's Green Fighter, and the Battle Damaged MF this week. Also got the Ultra Slave One. I think it's shipping with the Ultra Snowspeeder, though I haven't spotted that one yet.

jaxx
02-25-2006, 02:15 AM
Looks like I'll have to get back in the hunt now. I hope I can find them.

DarkArtist
02-25-2006, 12:39 PM
picked up the battle ravaged Falcon today at Target. They also had the Wookie Flyer, and Vader's TIE.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-25-2006, 04:47 PM
I found the Green Jedi Fighter, Battle Ravaged MF and Naboo Royal Starfighter today at Target. I also saw the Wookiee Flyer but did not get it.

On the back of the Naboo Royal Starfighter, the ship info has "Used on Hoth against Rebel Alliance" in the Model field. I think someone goofed. This is where it should say something like "J-Type 327 Nubian". Also, on the Millennium Falcon, this field simply says "Millennium Falcon", rather than mentioning YT-1300.

britcit3
02-26-2006, 03:03 AM
Just read on a thread at RS that the blue Jedi Starfighter wave has appeared in Targets in the US.

You lucky, lucky Yanks!

Later

BC3

Kidhuman
02-26-2006, 07:01 PM
Found the new wave today, grabbed the BD Falcon and the Wookie Flyer.

JediTricks
02-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Picked up the Wookie Flyer, Obi-Wan's Green Fighter, and the Battle Damaged MF this week. Also got the Ultra Slave One. I think it's shipping with the Ultra Snowspeeder, though I haven't spotted that one yet.Ultra Slave I is currently shipping with the previous sets (ARC-170 & Droid Tri-Fighter) rather than Snowspeeder right now.

Blue JSF? No, we've got the green one though.

ace2005
02-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Ultra Slave I is showing up in Houston, Texas Walmarts 2 per case mixed with 1 droid and 1 arc....

Good Luck,

:yes:

Blue2th
02-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Picked up the Blue Obi-wan Fighter, Trade Fed Tank, Royal Starship, Silver Slave 1, and Sith Infiltrator at Target today. I couldn't believe my luck. Usually all the good SW stuff is gone by lunch time. Which is when I happened upon them.

Warstar
02-27-2006, 07:35 PM
It's offical then- Wave 5 has hit...ARGH!

jaxx
02-27-2006, 10:21 PM
I've been to 4 Targets, and I've only encountered the Wookie Flyer (which I passed on every time), Battle Ravaged Millenium Falcon (had to get), Naboo Royal Starship (had to get), and the Anakin's Green Jedi Starfighter (reluctantly picked up, and may take back).
I REALLY want Obi-Wan's Blue Starfighter. I like how it has all of the battle damage on it. I hope I can find it. If I can, I'll take back Ani's Green fighter.
I've scanned the item under Target's price scanner, and it always says that they don't have any in the stockroom. So I wonder how many boxes they get in at a time. Wal*Marts and TRU's have been a bust. I can't find anything there.
Is it just me, or does Target seem to be the best place to find the Titanium Vehicles???

Mad Slanted Powers
02-27-2006, 10:43 PM
Since they stopped being Wal-Mart exclusives, I've found most of them at Target. In 2006 I've bought 9 from Target, 3 from Wal-Mart and 1 from Fred Meyer. I found a lone Ultra Droid Tri Fighter at K-Mart.

ascmclarencoupe
02-28-2006, 09:24 AM
I have found the same thing here, my Target always has them on the shelves first then they show up at Wal Mart and Meijer's a week or two later.
Of the three stores in my area, the Target store is the cleanest, the most organized, and seems to have a better staff which is probably why they are showing up there first. I wouldn't be surprised if my Wal Mart has them but have not put them out yet, from what I have witnessed, the staff at my local Wal Mart is not very efficient.
Example: Around the first of the year I stopped in around 8:00 a.m. and there were 4 employees (one actually working, the other 3 were chatting) in the toy section stocking the shelves off of 3 pallet loads. I scanned the pallets and right on top of one of the pallets was a case of Titaniums. Instead of being a vulture, I walked over to the DVD section and browsed around for about 15 minutes and went back thinking by now that they would be put out. When I had returned, all three pallets were gone, nothing had been put out, and there was no one in sight. It wasn't until 3 days later that they finally got put out. :rolleyes:

I don't have a TRU or K-Mart near me so I rarely get to stop at one of them but maybe once a month or so.

Kidhuman
03-02-2006, 08:56 AM
I found the UGH Slave1, Sith Infiltrator and he Royal Starship yesterday. Bought those and left the rest of the wave.

BountyHunterScum
03-02-2006, 04:31 PM
In the future can people post what states they show up in? All of yall have no states as locations.

Slicker
03-02-2006, 05:18 PM
In the future can people post what states they show up in? All of yall have no states as locations.If you're referring to kidhuman he's from Virginia as well. I am too but that's beside the point.

BountyHunterScum
03-02-2006, 07:49 PM
I just found wave 5!!!!! Scored Silver slave1, CW Gunship BD Falcon and both starfighters. :thumbsup:

jaxx
03-02-2006, 09:16 PM
I've only seen "wave 4" of the mass retail titaniums
Wookiee Flyer
Royal Starship
Anakin's Jedi Starfighter (green)
Millennium Falcon (battle ravaged)I have yet to see ANY of "wave 5," not even any leftover remnants of

Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter (blue)
Trade Federation Tank (AAT)
Sith Infiltrator
Slave I (silver - 1 per case Galactic Hunt version)I would at least like to see a lonely "AAT" sitting on the pegs. At least I would then know that wave 5 is showing up here in Chicagoland.
Has anyone seen these in the Chicagoland area (if you're in Illinois but not the Chicagoland area, don't tell me if you've seen them... you're too far away, and you'll only make me jealous)?

LTBasker
03-02-2006, 09:31 PM
I found part of wave 4 today, found the Royal Starship x2, Wookiee Flyer x1 and 1 of each of the Shuttle and CW Gunship variant packagings (which look alot better than the first ones).

I don't know if someone got there first or if the Jedi Starfighter and Falcon just weren't in this case.

BountyHunterScum
03-02-2006, 10:03 PM
Wookiee Flyer
Royal Starship
Millennium Falcon (battle ravaged)I have yet to see ANY of "wave 5," not even any leftover remnants of

Sith Infiltrator
Slave I (silver - 1 per case Galactic Hunt version)I would at least like to see a lonely "AAT" sitting on the pegs. At least I would then know that wave 5 is showing up here in Chicagoland.
Has anyone seen these in the Chicagoland area (if you're in Illinois but not the Chicagoland area, don't tell me if you've seen them... you're too far away, and you'll only make me jealous)?

The ones you list are all wave 5. Wave 4 is the Imp Shuttle ATAT Death Star etc.

vulcantouch
03-02-2006, 10:40 PM
-indeed; the location field is a disappointing place for canned, alleged witticisms that don't disclose a person's region, esp. when such info would be pertinent to what their posts reference (which is often) :p

Kidhuman
03-02-2006, 10:45 PM
I am in Southwest Virginia

Warstar
03-02-2006, 11:41 PM
The ones you list are all wave 5. Wave 4 is the Imp Shuttle ATAT Death Star etc.

Actually...no.

See here:

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=31244

Enjoy :p

jaxx
03-03-2006, 12:00 AM
Actually...no.

See here:

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=31244

Enjoy :p

Thank you for backin' me up! :thumbsup::yes::D

BountyHunterScum
03-03-2006, 03:18 AM
The green and blue starfighters are in the same wave along with the new silver slave 1 and BD Falcon. Hasbro's site shows that.

jonthejedi
03-03-2006, 04:21 AM
As I slowly get more & more hooked on the Titaniums...I regret never having bought the Ultra Republic Gunship & X-wing. I had the Action Fleet versions(same molds, right?). WalMart was sitting on tons of these around X-mas...now they're nowhere to be found. Are they on WalMart.com and I just can't find 'em? I want them now(even though new pkging. is better, but takes up more space)...and ideaS ON WHERE TO PICK THEM UP CHEAP???

Kidhuman
03-03-2006, 07:50 AM
You might be able to get them on WM.com, only way to find them is trade or dare I say: ebay.

Sith Lord 0498
03-03-2006, 12:27 PM
The green and blue starfighters are in the same wave along with the new silver slave 1 and BD Falcon. Hasbro's site shows that.

Green (Anakin) is wave 4. Blue (Obi-Wan) is wave 5. Later assortments may have the two waves mixed together though.

On another note, I found Wave 4 yesterday and a ton of Wave 5 today in Northeastern PA. Titanium "Ultra" Slave 1 and Snowspeeder made appearances today too as did the Vader and Fett Titanium figures. Snowspeeder at TRU...the others at Wal-Mart.

ascmclarencoupe
03-03-2006, 04:48 PM

Wookiee Flyer
Royal Starship

Sith Infiltrator

Sorry Jaxx but I just returned from my local Target and picked up Obi-Wan's blue Jedi Fighter and the Sith Infiltrator. There was also a silver GH Slave I on the peg but I passed on it. I didn't see an AAT though.
My Wal*Mart hasn't put out any of Wave 4 or 5 yet but they did have the Ultra Slave I sitting on their shelf.
I'm about 45 miles East of Chicago if you go by boat, 100 miles if you drive a car. ;)

Warstar
03-03-2006, 05:07 PM
I'm in southwestern Montana- the butt-middle of nowhere....but we have a Super Wal-Mart (24 hours), a Big K-Mart (NOT 24 hours) and a Target here...and lately they make me VERY angry, since NOTHING appears to be getting stocked.

When I worked at Target back in 1994-95, I stocked toys NIGHTLY, and our sales were through the ROOF on everything. Here? NOTHING. It is teh suk. I would have been written up several times had my shelves looked like the ones at my local Target...

Anyway, sorry James(lots of numbers). Hasbro's site shows the stuff but the releases are broken into Waves, and Wave 4 and Wave 5 happen to be hitting at right about the same time. This is good in some ways- it puts a lot of "new" ships in the mix (Mass Retail Wave 4 is actually made of ships that Wal-Mart was going to have as exclusives in their Wave 4, but Hasbro went global with them and pulled them out of Wal-Mart as an exclusive) and lets us all have something to shoot for until May...though no new Star Wars ships are currently scheduled to come out in the May Wave 6 Titanium Series release. We'll see Battlestar Galactica though.

Check Entertainment Earth.com for Hasbro's Waves. The cases the 12 ships ship in even say "WaveX" right on the box. I ordered a Wave 2 Revision 2 case from Entertainment Earth back in January, and the box said on it "Wave2R2."

Hence, we're seeing "Wave4," "Wave4R1," "Wave4R2," "Wave5," and "Wave5R1" hitting shelves right now.

Blue2th
03-03-2006, 06:23 PM
We'll see Battlestar Galactica though.
Can't wait till those come out. Especially the Ultra BSG. By the way Warstar, BSG season finally is on tonight. If you haven't seen BSG yet. :yes:

shinakuma43
03-04-2006, 10:06 AM
I went to WM last night hoping to see the new Titaniums (I'd rather not wait until mine arrive in the mail, lol). All I saw ere the Ultra Snowspeeder and Slave 1. I didn't chech them out too well, but I didn't like what I saw. Hopefully I'll like them more when mine arrive. I didn't like the figures in the cockpits and I didn't like the very dull paint jobs on them.

I was happy I went anyways, I guess a new Galactic Heroes wave came out recently and they had them so I had to get them. A few months ago I somehow got addicted to the Galactic Heroes, probably mainly since it gave me something to buy, lol.

Later,
S43

jaxx
03-04-2006, 11:27 AM
Sorry Jaxx but I just returned from my local Target and picked up Obi-Wan's blue Jedi Fighter and the Sith Infiltrator. There was also a silver GH Slave I on the peg but I passed on it. I didn't see an AAT though.
My Wal*Mart hasn't put out any of Wave 4 or 5 yet but they did have the Ultra Slave I sitting on their shelf.
I'm about 45 miles East of Chicago if you go by boat, 100 miles if you drive a car. ;)

Well... I wish I had a boat now!;)

Anyway, at least I know they're hitting the midwest. I still can't find wave 5 anywhere though.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Found a Death Star at Wal-Mart. Still not finding any basic figures there though. Went to Target and found AAT, Sith Infiltrator and Obi-Wan's blue Jedi Starfighter.

Earlier in the week, I opened most of my Titaniums. I seem to have a defective Naboo fighter, as one of the landing gear is a bit loose and thus won't stay retracted. Today I opened the Sith Infiltrator. If you have the rear landing gear up, you can't put the ship on the stand with the Star Wars logo in front. You either have to turn the ship or lower that landing gear.

Warstar
03-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Galoob's Infiltrator had the same problem...of course, Galoob's didn't come with a stand back in the day, either.

*SIGH* Wish I could find these ships here...

figrin bran
03-04-2006, 05:59 PM
the latest wave has hit the LA area as i found blue obi wan fighter, naboo royal starship, sith infiltrator, falcon, AAT, wookiee flyer and UGH slave 1 today.

Slicker
03-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Quick question. Is the Slave I that comes in this wave a re-release of an earlier one? I bought it not thinking and I believe it's a re-release.

BountyHunterScum
03-04-2006, 07:13 PM
Quick question. Is the Slave I that comes in this wave a re-release of an earlier one? I bought it not thinking and I believe it's a re-release.

Yep Silver Slave 1 GH is a repaint of Boba's abd Jango's die cast Slave 1 titanium micro machine.

Slicker
03-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Yep Silver Slave 1 GH is a repaint of Boba's abd Jango's die cast Slave 1 titanium micro machine.Well that sucks. Now I have a damn extra Slave I.

JediTricks
03-05-2006, 04:53 PM
I hit 8 Target stores in the last 2 days and found a few AATs, a lot of Royal Starships and Sith Infiltrators, a bunch of Wookiee Flyers, and just a few Obi-Wan Blue JSFs - one of which I bought. I haven't seen any Falcons or UGH Slave I's.

The Blue JSF is a good colorscheme, dark gray with subtle blue, very pleasing. They weathered the ship and inked the panel lines, it looks good, they didn't weather the wings but they match in every other way. The toy's design is still a little off, cockpit is too big, front end is too long, underside boxes too big, but they're all minor rather than major offenses (except maybe the oversized cockpit, which still has blank nothing inside).

Today I opened the Sith Infiltrator. If you have the rear landing gear up, you can't put the ship on the stand with the Star Wars logo in front. You either have to turn the ship or lower that landing gear.When I got the Galoob version of the mold 7 years ago, I hated how the landing gear only partly retracted, so my fix was that I took it apart and removed the gear. :D

Well that sucks. Now I have a damn extra Slave I.There's a problem I wouldn't mind, I only have the original Galoob pressing of the mold, I didn't like the Jango paintjob that came out and I haven't found the silvery UGH one yet. Maybe you could think of it as the Naboo Slave I. :D

DarkArtist
03-05-2006, 05:57 PM
just found the sith inflitrator and the AAT at Walmart tonight along with a UGH Slave 1.

On a side note, if anyone is interested, i am willing to trade the UGH Slave 1 MOC for a MOC or loose Scorch. First one to ask and has the scorch gets the Slave 1. I know there are trading forums and even the sirsteve ebay thing, but I figured here's a chance to trade.

BountyHunterScum
03-05-2006, 09:32 PM
I hit 8 Target stores in the last 2 days and found a few AATs, a lot of Royal Starships and Sith Infiltrators, a bunch of Wookiee Flyers, and just a few Obi-Wan Blue JSFs - one of which I bought. I haven't seen any Falcons or UGH Slave I's.

The Blue JSF is a good colorscheme, dark gray with subtle blue, very pleasing. They weathered the ship and inked the panel lines, it looks good, they didn't weather the wings but they match in every other way. The toy's design is still a little off, cockpit is too big, front end is too long, underside boxes too big, but they're all minor rather than major offenses (except maybe the oversized cockpit, which still has blank nothing inside).

When I got the Galoob version of the mold 7 years ago, I hated how the landing gear only partly retracted, so my fix was that I took it apart and removed the gear. :D

There's a problem I wouldn't mind, I only have the original Galoob pressing of the mold, I didn't like the Jango paintjob that came out and I haven't found the silvery UGH one yet. Maybe you could think of it as the Naboo Slave I. :D

The Sith Infiltrator is a rerelease from 1999 like most of the classic Titaniums. I like the new molds though, definitely the Venator. Come on Hasbro gimme an Interdictor Cruiser, Victory Star Destroyer and Mon Calamari Home One. Of course the Super Star Destroyer Executor too. Make it an Ultra and a foot long with a companion star destroyer an inch long to be in scale....

ace2005
03-05-2006, 10:06 PM
Hello, Houston, Texas here...

Target this week has been receiving this wave in 3-inch titaniums...
Republic Gunship Re-deco - 1
Darth Vader's TIE Fighter - 2
Imperial Shuttle Tyderium - 1
AT-AT - 1
Wookiee Helicopter - 2
Anakin's Jedi Starfighter Green - 2
Royal Starship - 1
Battle-Ravaged Millennium Falcon - 2

Since I did not see the box can't confirm wave or revision.

Walmart this week has been receiving this wave in 3-inch titaniums...
1x Wookiee Flyer
2x Royal Starship
1x Battle-Ravaged Millennium Falcon
2x Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator
2x Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter (Blue)
2x Trade Federation AAT
2x Titanium Limited Edition Slave I. (Silver)

This is 0604 on the case.

Well, looks like the white tie has been replaced by redeco gunship and it has been replaced by silver slave I, for a bounty hunt piece not too difficult at two shots a case.

Good Luck,

:thumbsup:

ace2005
03-05-2006, 10:10 PM
Houston, Texas again...

Walmarts have also been receiving the...

Titanium Series Ultra Vehicles Wave 3
2x Slave I
2x Snowspeeder

Star Wars Titanium Series Figures Wave 1
2x Darth Vader
2x Boba Fett

Have not seen the patina versions, must assume those are in the later wave.

Good Luck,

Warstar
03-06-2006, 04:52 PM
w00t! :D

Went to my local Target and found Wave 5 today- including 2 UGH Slave-1's (which were promptly picked up by me and with one package of one of them being dented, that one is being opened!)

Snagged a Blue Obi-Wan JSF, Naboo Royal (the only ship from Wave 4 I needed after winning that auction Saturday), a Sith Infiltrator and an AAT. I left behind an AAT, a Sith Infiltrator, 2 BR Falcons, 1 Naboo Royal and a Wookie Flyer!

That's a case pack of 12 there- so it must have been a revision of Wave 5- but, coupled with the auction I won (and I got the 4 ships for RETAIL on that) AND with KH sending me 5-pack 3 and a CW Gunship, I AM CAUGHT UP! YAY!

...except now I need to find some of those Wave 4's and 5's to open, but those can wait (I could have bought the others today but I can't afford them right now).

On a side-note- they had the Ultra Snowspeeder and Slave 1, too- one of each- and the figures in the Snowspeeder are not only NON-Removable, they look CHEAP AS ALL GET OUT! I was disappointed...

The Snowspeeder box, oddly enough, had the orange Snowspeeder stripe-y look to it, which is weird considering the Snowspeeder in the pack is gray.

However, aside from the figures in the cockpit, the toy itself impressed me- I wish I could have gotten it :(

(Also spotted the Sith Infiltrator and the Slave 1 TF's, JT! - Passed on them for now, too).

SO! Wave 5 finally hit here- and Wave 4 was apparently skipped...

So much for getting cases from AFXpress. :p

(On the plus, side, too, my Titaniums today rang up as 6 @ $4.99- so when I get the extra Darth's TIE I am getting from the auction I won I can take it back and either exchange for another Titanium or get the $5.00 back :thumbsup: )

All in all, a GREAT day! :love:

jaxx
03-06-2006, 08:13 PM
My Target day sucked today. I went to three, and they still don't have jack-sh*t. No sign of the Slave-1 or Snowspeeder Ultras, no sign of wave 5... actually, they don't have anything but a bunch of Darth Vader's TIE and Wookie Helicopters (the same number of Wookie helicopters for the last two weeks)!!! They haven't even had any figures on the pegs.
Wal*Marts have less than the Targets, and TRUs only have the Turbo Tank by me.
This sucks!!!:frus:

Darth Michael
03-06-2006, 11:00 PM
Did a "Grand Tour" on Sunday. Hit 14 stores total. Pickings were annoyingly slim. Snagged a White TIE, Republic Gunship (facing down), Naboo Royal Starship, Wookie Flyer, and a Vulture. Previously found Darth's TIE and an AT-AT.

Also saw Land Speeder, Fett's Slave I, Turbo Tank, Vultures (with and without the extra stripes on the wing), and plenty of raw Falcon 5-packs.

And, a moment of irony. Just last week, I received a few pieces from kidhuman. (Big thanks, kh!) He sent me a Snow Speeder, an A-Wing, and an original Republic Gunship. So, of course, what did I find at a WalMart? Literally dozens of Snow Speeders, A-Wings, and Gunships! I couldn't believe it! Seems that particular WalMart had been renovating and put some stuff on ice for awhile. I did notice that they were kinda dusty. Since they were there, I grabbed duplicates to open. Finally, they had one (only one, dammit) Star Destroyer. Thank God!

Only 6 early Titaniums to go: original X-Wing, original TIE, original Falcon, original Slave I, original Droid Tri-Fighter, and the AT-RT. (If you see 'em, snag 'em for me. If you got extras, drop me a PM. And if you need anything in my area, give me a shout.)

I saw Ultra Darth Vader's and Fett's. I almost picked up the Ultra Snow Speeder and Slave I. Had them in my hands, but put 'em down. I wasn't too impressed with the detail on the Slave I. Already have those ships in that size. And $20? Ouch!

jaxx
03-06-2006, 11:31 PM
And if you need anything in my area, give me a shout.)

What area are you in? What state?

figrin bran
03-07-2006, 01:16 AM
There's a problem I wouldn't mind, I only have the original Galoob pressing of the mold, I didn't like the Jango paintjob that came out and I haven't found the silvery UGH one yet. Maybe you could think of it as the Naboo Slave I. :D

JT, no one on LA Just Found seems to need the extra UGH Slave 1 that i picked up so you're welcome to it.

while playing around with the infiltrator and the landing gears and trying to fit it onto the stand, the clear part of the stand with the peg that protrudes from the black base came off. they sure don't glue 'em like they used to.

i think the tydirium is my favorite titanium ship. or at least one of them. can't beat the folding wings!

Warstar
03-07-2006, 04:14 AM
Only 6 early Titaniums to go: original X-Wing, original TIE, original Falcon, original Slave I, original Droid Tri-Fighter, and the AT-RT. (If you see 'em, snag 'em for me. If you got extras, drop me a PM. And if you need anything in my area, give me a shout.)

Your best best to find those Wal-Mart Wave 1's would be the UK on Ebay. They got a LOT of Wave 1 in a long time ago and they are usually cheaper in the UK- even with shipping. The downside is they are SLIGHT package variations, but they're not tri-lingual thank goodness! The UK packages have a "Die-Cast" sticker on the top front under the "Star Wars" name sticker (like the Wal-Mart Wave 3 ships) and they have a removable, see-through cover over the US Bar Code for a foreign bar code. I got my X-Wing with shipping from the UK for $13, and that's not too bad for a Wave 1 ship!

If you need a Droid Tri-Fighter to open, get Wal-Mart 5-Pack 1 if you don't have it already :) Otherwise, finding the Tri-Fighter and the AT-RT is going to be tough. Good luck :)

while playing around with the infiltrator and the landing gears and trying to fit it onto the stand, the clear part of the stand with the peg that protrudes from the black base came off. they sure don't glue 'em like they used to.

The fun part is, Galoob never glued the original versions of their blue stands in first place back in '96-'97- so some stands would always fall after a while :D. Glad to know that some of the stands still wear down :) They make them better than they used to now- you just got a bum stand :p

...MAN! I wish I had bought those other Wave 4 & 5 ships to open today- but no $$$...thing is, I bet we'll see them peg-warming by mid to late April...esp. if Hasbro isn't going to put any new ships from Star Wars into the waves until mid to late May! :thumbsup:

britcit3
03-07-2006, 04:40 AM
Walmart wave 1 are available at UK ASDA stores (part of Walmart) for 3.98 each - have turned up in the last couple of weeks (was amazed to see Titaniums at retail in the UK).

Better late than never.

BC3

Darth Michael
03-07-2006, 09:45 AM
What area are you in? What state?
Austin, TX

(Updated my profile to reflect that.)

ascmclarencoupe
03-07-2006, 03:38 PM
I spotted the Ultra Titanium Boba Fett & Darth Vader die-cast figures at my local Wal*Mart. I must say I was pleasantly surprised by them, they are much better than I thought they would be and I like the removable helmet feature. My only gripe would be the display stand is a little over the top for me, I would prefer a little simpler design.

They also had the Ultra Slave 1's but no Snowspeeders were on the shelf, but there was no room for them either so they could still be in the back stockroom.
Around here the Ultra Titaniums are not selling well, the only Ultra that I don't see still sitting around is the Gunship.

JediTricks
03-07-2006, 06:26 PM
JT, no one on LA Just Found seems to need the extra UGH Slave 1 that i picked up so you're welcome to it. Thanks Fig!

The clear part of the stand is glued on the base? They didn't used to be. I haven't used any of the bases on my Titaniums yet except the AT-AT.

BountyHunterScum
03-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Scored Titanium Boba and Vader figs both version.

ace2005
03-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Houston, Texas here...the 1.5 case of the titanium figures have started to show up at all of our local retailers here containing the vintage versions of the Darth Vader and Bobo Fett pieces...

Good Luck,

Darth Michael
03-08-2006, 11:08 PM
Scored Titanium Boba and Vader figs both version.

I just noticed today that there are two versions of each. The "normal" versions have some colored paint. The "Limited Edition" (so a sticker claims) versions have no colored paint and look almost like pewter. Are the non-colored versions actually rare?

Pics on Entertainment Earth (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS34561B).

Warstar
03-09-2006, 02:21 AM
No, they're not rare, but they are "Limited Edition."

:rolleyes:

What isn't nowadays? :upset:

BountyHunterScum
03-10-2006, 02:13 AM
It depends on how many people in your area collect SW, if they take all the stuff and leave none for anyone else then they do become rare.

Warstar
03-10-2006, 04:33 AM
Not many collect in my area- though I know there must be a couple who do. It also depends on your location, and being that I am in what is considered "Rural Montana," it's to find ANYTHING.

Still, I don't do half bad :bandit:

britcit3
03-10-2006, 05:38 AM
Just got my blue Jedi SF - have a regular flock now.........

Just waiting for Mace Windus to complete the set!

BC3

BountyHunterScum
03-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Not many collect in my area- though I know there must be a couple who do. It also depends on your location, and being that I am in what is considered "Rural Montana," it's to find ANYTHING.

Still, I don't do half bad :bandit:

Make a friend at the local toy store, that always helps. I found a UGH slave 1 with a big dent in the package, thats the opener.

matthewilw
03-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Just got my blue Jedi SF - have a regular flock now.........

Just waiting for Mace Windus to complete the set!

BC3

I bought the blue JSF as my very first titanium and absolutely love it...now I wish I would have at least bought the other JSFs. Now I'm trying to find that first 5pack.

Jangu Fett
03-10-2006, 03:04 PM
I just found the Wookie flyer at WM yesterday, here in Pittsburgh. They only had that and the Damaged Falcon, which I didn't get. IMO its the same exact Falcon as the first one released, maybe a slightly different paint job.

Did anyone else notice the Wookie Fliyer is the perfect size for the AF? Just thought I'd mention that.

Warstar
03-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Saw the Titanium Figures today at my local Target...though I am suspicious of Target's stockers now.

The regular paint jobs had MINT PRISTINE packages.

The two "Limited "Patina paint jobs BOTH had their upper-bubbles smashed- seeemingly deliberately. Dang stocker jerk who did that...

I will probably get the figures but after seeing them today, I see no reason to take them out of the packaging. While the cardboard is a bit over the top, the figures and cases look good in it, IMHO. I don't really care about having another plastic-cased toy I can't mess with in my collection (I am kinda' wishing that the Droid Tri-Fighter Ultra I have DIDN'T have the case now), so may as well leave these figures in the cardboard.

Has anyone bought them yet and opened them? Are they as cool as the photos opened?

Shouldn't Boba Fett's "face" be older than it is under that helmet (RebelScum has pics of the Titanium Figs sans helmets now)? :p

Oh yeah-

I just need the Blue Obi-Wan JSF to open and I'll have a flock, too, BritCit :) Of course, the Anakin's Yellow one I opened have is from the 5-pack so the canopy is a little darker than the Wave 2 release you have (and the gun pipes inbetween the wings are a different color of course ;))

And I opened my Wookie Flyer last night and you know what? Against all better judgement, I LIKE it- A LOT. The design feels cool in the hand, and the detail on the Wookie Pilot is nice (even has a nice 3-color effect from where the paint ran thin in places- looks good!) I do wish it had a tail-gunner figure, however.

Still- the Wookie Flyer looks better out of the package than it does in the package- believe me! :) (And I have 3 package variations of it now ;))

Ji'dai
03-10-2006, 08:04 PM
I don't collect prequel vehicles, but I noticed that Hasbro boasts on the Naboo Royal Starship package that it has an opening cockpit. I didn't see any evidence of that on the ship itself, so what's up with that? There seems to be an access hatch on the back quarter though.

figrin bran
03-10-2006, 08:22 PM
The Naboo Royal Starship titanium definitely does not have an opening cockpit. however, it does have the access hatch as well as a ramp on the bottom and 3 landing gears.

i really liked the Wookiee Flyer too! and to think i almost passed it up.

Sith Lord 0498
03-11-2006, 07:15 AM
The Naboo Royal Starship titanium definitely does not have an opening cockpit. however, it does have the access hatch as well as a ramp on the bottom and 3 landing gears.

I think it was a misprint. I think they meant to say opening "hatch" or "ramp"

Keep in mind...apparently this ship was "used against the Rebels on Hoth" according to the back of the packaging... :rolleyes:

BountyHunterScum
03-11-2006, 08:09 AM

You forgot the hatch on top that flips up to reveal R2-D2.

DarkArtist
03-11-2006, 02:30 PM
picked up the AT-AT in TRU in NY yesterday.

DarkArtist
03-12-2006, 01:02 PM
found the Imporial Shuttle adn Clone Wars Gunship today at Target in Milltown NJ.

JediTricks
03-12-2006, 08:00 PM
Spotted the 6" Ultra Slave I at TRU West Covina and the Ultra Snowspeeder at TRU Monrovia - they left the ugly flip-down landing foot and its big hinge box on the Snowspeeder (this is the part I cut off the Series Alpha snowspeeder), and the glued-in minifigs are not that good looking.

BountyHunterScum
03-16-2006, 03:56 PM
Spotted the 6" Ultra Slave I at TRU West Covina and the Ultra Snowspeeder at TRU Monrovia - they left the ugly flip-down landing foot and its big hinge box on the Snowspeeder (this is the part I cut off the Series Alpha snowspeeder), and the glued-in minifigs are not that good looking.

West Covina is where they filmed the movie Good Burger.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-16-2006, 07:57 PM
Found the Ultra Slave I and Ultra Snowspeeder at Fred Meyer today. Also saw a Titanium Vader and Boba Fett. I had no intention of getting these, but after seeing them, I'm almost tempted. I should and probably will pass on them though.

itsme
03-17-2006, 09:33 PM
The Ultra Snowspeeder has a new mold afterall. It is slightly bigger than the AF version. Added some flight controls in the cockpits. But didn't improve on the BIG hinge box for the landing stand. At least HASBRO shd take reference from the vintage die cast Snowspeeder by Kenner. I love the way they hide the landing foot.

JediTricks
03-18-2006, 03:19 PM
The plastic sometimes shrinks when it comes out of the mold, metal wouldn't shrink anywhere near as much, that may explain the discrepency. Alternatively, they could have pulled a mold from the existing tooling and there could have been a slight upsizing involved in that. It looks like the body is essentially the same piece, just larger, but the cockpit and canopy aren't.

How did they hide the landing foot? The one I saw had no hiding at all. Were you being sarcastic?

itsme
03-18-2006, 05:27 PM
What I meant is that at least during the flying mode, the landing gear is 80% hidden in the body of the vintage's version. For the current version, whether the landing gear is flip up or down, it is still 100% exposed.

itsme
03-18-2006, 05:56 PM
Pick up the latest five pack series. Couldn't spot any difference on the AT-AT and Shuttle compared to the single pack version. For the Vader TIE Fighter, it's a worn out version and a different blue tone. The repainted Star Destroyer looks better with yellow "lightings" around it. I like the Death Star. Rather than just a silver globe, Hasbro keeps the grey stripes on it.

itsme
03-18-2006, 06:01 PM
more photos......

BountyHunterScum
03-19-2006, 02:41 PM
I see a difference with the AT-AT 5 pack and single version. The 5 pack has beige all over it where the single one doesn't.

JediTricks
03-19-2006, 02:48 PM
I spotted the Titanium forged figures at Targets the last few days, not my style at all.

At Target North Hollywood yesterday, they had the 3" AAT, plus in the new style packaging the ARC-170 and Clone Swamp Speeder. They also had 1 UGH Slave I, so I bought it. It's nice, I like its luster, really looks like metal - I think they need to actually chrome the Royal Starship though, this paint is close to the Ep 1 color (which the TS version out now isn't as shiny as) but chrome is where it's at.

What I meant is that at least during the flying mode, the landing gear is 80% hidden in the body of the vintage's version. For the current version, whether the landing gear is flip up or down, it is still 100% exposed.Oh, yeah, that's been a problem for a decade, I've been complaining about that to Galoob since day 1, the Action Fleet version is so nice but it's badly hampered by that ugly block on the bottom with the stupid leg sticking out. Like I said before, I cut the whole thing off on my AF Series Alpha version... turned out that it was the variant SA no less, d'oh!

BTW, nice get on the new 5pack! I like the new paint on the DV TIE and the lights on the ISD are cool too. The silver Death Star I dunno about, I have a pewter DS keychain that looks similar to that. ;)

LTBasker
03-19-2006, 03:02 PM
I've had a few Titaniums spottings-

Titanium Vader, Ultra Slave 1 and Ultra Snowspeeder (looks awesome IMO) at TRU. A couple Titanium Vaders at a Wal-Mart close to the TRU, then I found Ultra Slave 1 at another Wal-Mart and bought it.

Area's completely bare of 3" Titaniums except for the last four wave 2 Snowspeeders at one Wal-Mart.

figrin bran
03-19-2006, 09:21 PM
i saw titanium figures at both target and kay bee

also at target, i saw a swampspeeder, green anakin's fighter (which i bought) and 5 naboo royal starships. i guess they're shaping up to be pegwarmers? i agree with JT that they should've chromed this one

jonthejedi
03-20-2006, 04:38 AM
LT Basker...I need a 3" Titanium snowspeeder(Not Ultra) if you can pick one up for me. Thanks in advance! I found swampspeeder, Naboo starfighter & Arc-170 at a Bowie, MD Target.

jaxx
03-20-2006, 11:12 PM
I have yet to see any of the Ultra Slave 1's or the Ultra Snowspeeders. Where the hell are they????
Also, I can't find any Sith Infiltrators or UGH Slave 1's.
I was in California last week on business, and I hit a Target , KB Toys and TRU... I found nothing!

matthewilw
03-21-2006, 12:11 AM
Found a whole crapload of swampspeeders,arc fighters, and landspeeders today at TRU, along with a few naboo fighters/tie bombers. Also found case fresh wave 5 at target. Going to be in that area again tomorrow morning if anyone needs anything just lmk and I'll pick it up for you. (Especially if anyone can help me find all the JSFs except for the blue one.)

ascmclarencoupe
03-21-2006, 08:35 AM
I have yet to see any of the Ultra Slave 1's or the Ultra Snowspeeders. Where the hell are they????
Also, I can't find any Sith Infiltrators or UGH Slave 1's.
I was in California last week on business, and I hit a Target , KB Toys and TRU... I found nothing!

jaxx,

The Ultra's have been on the shelves over on this side of the lake for several weeks now. I have been short on funds so I haven't been able come up with the $40 needed to get them but I wasn't too concerned since there are still lots of Ultra Droid Tri-Fighters and ARC-170's still sitting around. Unfortunately the Slave 1's and Snowspeeders are flying off the shelves so I may have missed out locally. :(

I was able to pick up an UGH Slave 1 last week but they have been scarce around here, the rest of Wave 5 has been relatively easy to find around here except for the AAT Droid Tank, that piece has been hiding well.

Kidhuman
03-21-2006, 02:30 PM
I bagged an ARC-170 today at Target. Had the others as well.

Warstar
03-21-2006, 05:16 PM
At Target North Hollywood yesterday, they had the 3" AAT, plus in the new style packaging the ARC-170 and Clone Swamp Speeder.

BTW, nice get on the new 5pack! I like the new paint on the DV TIE and the lights on the ISD are cool too. The silver Death Star I dunno about, I have a pewter DS keychain that looks similar to that. ;)

GAH! I'm out of it for a while and everyone has delusions of grandeur! Did I read that right? The ARC-170 AND the Swampspeeder in NEW Titanium Series packaging? NOOOOOOOO! I don't want to have to buy 5 more ships because of variations! ARGH! Say it ain't so boss...'cause if it is, I probably ain't gonna' find them here :(

Otherwise- WOW on the NEW 5-pack! It's badass! I'll include it in the next Titanium Series Variation Update (due tomorrow of course ;)) Thanks for the pics itsme! I hope I can find this new pack soon! :)

itsme
03-21-2006, 09:26 PM
I think they need to actually chrome the Royal Starship though, this paint is close to the Ep 1 color (which the TS version out now isn't as shiny as) but chrome is where it's at.

The cheaper version is to release the Royal Starship under the Raw Metal series. Shd look better than the current paint job.

Warstar
03-22-2006, 03:09 AM
I see a difference with the AT-AT 5 pack and single version. The 5 pack has beige all over it where the single one doesn't.

Both of mine (opened and closed) have the beige...

JediTricks
03-22-2006, 07:32 PM
GAH! I'm out of it for a while and everyone has delusions of grandeur! Did I read that right? The ARC-170 AND the Swampspeeder in NEW Titanium Series packaging? NOOOOOOOO! I don't want to have to buy 5 more ships because of variations! ARGH! Say it ain't so boss...'cause if it is, I probably ain't gonna' find them here :(FEEL GREAT SHAME AT YOUR FOOLISH COMPLETISM!!!

;)

I mean, "yeah WS, in the new packaging... sucker." :p

The cheaper version is to release the Royal Starship under the Raw Metal series. Shd look better than the current paint job.Absolutely, that's what I originally argued, but when I looked at my '99 DC Royal Starship, it already is Raw Metal-looking, it's just the new one that looks gray instead of silver.

BountyHunterScum
03-22-2006, 10:18 PM
Both of mine (opened and closed) have the beige...

Mine doesn't.

Warstar
03-23-2006, 05:15 PM
Wow- can you post pics of this AT-AT you have? I'm curious now :p It'd be a cool error/possible variant to have a "clean" AT-AT :D

Anyway, I saw the Wal-Mart Wave 3/Mass Retail Wave 5.5 (That's what I am going to call it) Naboo Fighter, Landspeeder and TIE Bomber today at my local Target- all in the OLD style packaging (Thank goodness!) No Swampspeeders or ARC-170's, oddly enough.

Everyone keep your eyes peeled to see if they end up in the new-style packaging :thumbsup:

BountyHunterScum
03-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Wow- can you post pics of this AT-AT you have? I'm curious now :p It'd be a cool error/possible variant to have a "clean" AT-AT :D

Anyway, I saw the Wal-Mart Wave 3/Mass Retail Wave 5.5 (That's what I am going to call it) Naboo Fighter, Landspeeder and TIE Bomber today at my local Target- all in the OLD style packaging (Thank goodness!) No Swampspeeders or ARC-170's, oddly enough.

Everyone keep your eyes peeled to see if they end up in the new-style packaging :thumbsup:

I looked at it the dirt on mine is brown. the head has some light brown which is weird considering the AT-At's notable battle was Hoth. I bet there is a variant clean AT-AT though. My walmart had the rereleased ships too.

Warstar
03-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Cool cool- so probably you have a darker paint variant or something. Not too unusual :)

Heh- I saw the Wal-Mart Wave 3 ships at Wal-Mart today, too, and what amuses me most is that there have been 3 Landspeeders hanging on the Titanium pegs since November of LAST YEAR- (even through a Christmas Section move!) and those 3 OLD Landspeeders were just joined by at least 2 more from the new case! HAHAHAHA! :grin:

Too danged funny, really...they'll be there FORVEVAR!

Slicker
03-24-2006, 04:58 PM
I picked up the wave 3 ships today thus rounding out my Titaniums (except for that mystery wave I think. I've heard about it but never found any).

Warstar
03-24-2006, 05:02 PM
Mystery Wave? What are you referring to? They're all mapped out...

(Check the Variation List- the Waves are posted there ;))

Slicker
03-24-2006, 05:17 PM
If I'm not mistaken there was a wave that was extremely hard to find. I'm not sure what vehicles were in it but I want to say a battle damaged Falcon was among them. But as I said I may be mistaken.

ascmclarencoupe
03-24-2006, 05:49 PM
WS,

Sounds like he is referring to the Wal*Mart wave #4.

WAL-MART WAVE 4 (Winter, 2005- Wal-Mart Exclusive Packaging- 4 ships- NOT WIDELY RELEASED)

**. Battle-Ravaged Millennium Falcon
**. Green ROTS-Style Anakin's Jedi Starfighter
19. Wookie Flyer
20. Naboo Royal Starship

Brent

Slicker
03-24-2006, 05:51 PM
I believe that is it. If that's the case then they're shipping again, correct? If so then I've seen all of these in stores.

Warstar
03-24-2006, 05:57 PM
They are shipping again but in the new style of packaging.

The older style (with Star Wars at the top of the package instead of Titanium Series) for that wave are extremely rare, and were only released in the Orient (apparently, though some have been sold from the UK).

Also, they were available in a generic Tri-Lingual package.

If you're just looking for the vehicles then the current Mass-Retail Wave 4 (BR Falcon, Green JSF, Wookie Flyer and Naboo Royal Starship) is the way to go.

If you're a variant collector, finding the Wal-Mart packaging is TOUGH. :p

That clear things up? :)

Slicker
03-24-2006, 06:02 PM
That clear things up? :)Yes sir. Very much so. I almost feel embarrassed coming in here with all of you vets and looking like such a n00b...but I suppose that's what forums are for.

jaxx
03-24-2006, 07:08 PM
I was in Indiana on work today, and I FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFINALLY found the Sith Infiltrator and UGH Raw Metal Slave-1 at a..... KB Toy Works (of all places)! I also found the Ultra Snowspeeder and Slave-1 at a TRU, but passed. I didn't like how generic they looked. You'd think that something that much bigger than the little titaniums would have sooooo much more detail, weathering, and battle marks. Oh well... I'm good on Titaniums until the next wave due out sometime in May.
I guess that those are as follows... right?:
TIE Interceptor http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2006/tf06-HasbroTS/image7.asp
Luke on Speeder Bike http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2006/tf06-HasbroTS/image12.asp
Leah on Speeder Bike http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2006/tf06-HasbroTS/image16.asp
Corellian YT-1300 http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2006/tf06-HasbroTS/image5.asp
Mace's Starfighter http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2006/tf06-HasbroTS/image10.asp
Republic Cruiser http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2006/tf06-hasbroTS/IMG_0014.jpg

I know that Mace's ship will be near impossible to find along with the TIE Interceptor!

Warstar
03-24-2006, 07:47 PM
Don't forget the Blue A-Wing, too-

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=16592&cat=4716

I am absolutely GIDDY for the TIE Interceptor- it WILL sell QUICK I am sure.

Mace's? Not so keen on but it should display nicely next to the CW Gunship :)

BUT-

May's Wave (Wave 6) has already been announced on both Entertainment Earth.com, ShopAFX.com and ActionHQ.com- and there is no mention of any of those ships. Battlestar Galactica ships will start to filter into the mix in May, and with the current Wave 5 sporting a ton of ships and Wave 6 sporting all of them again- PLUS add in Wave 5.5 (the ol' Wal-Mart Wave 3 that's been widely released to all stores now), and I can see why no new Star Wars Titanium product will be out for a while- possibly not until June or July or even later.

By then us "Vets" will be HUNGRY for new stuff- and it WILL sell.

Of course, Wave 7 could hit right after 6 in May, too, and maybe we'll see these new ships then.

And no problemo, Slicker- everyone's a n00b once- but not for long around here if you pay attention :thumbsup:

jaxx
03-25-2006, 01:13 AM
Don't forget the Blue A-Wing, too-

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=16592&cat=4716

Yeah... I didn't include it because I'm just not excited about that one. I've never been a fan of the A-wing.