PDA

View Full Version : D'oh! The Emperor's New Clones?

rgvsithlord
01-05-2006, 03:12 AM
Okay, my apologies if this is in the wrong category. This is the first time I've started a thread on this site...so I hope I got it right.

I was at work Wednesday night doing inventory and thinking about the Darth Vader hardcover book that came out recently. I think the Emperor was disappointed his little experiment with the whole Anakin thing didn't work out like he planned.

Since Anakin was defeated and disarmed (or is that de-feeted?) by Obi-Wan, he was no longer as powerful in the Force as he was prior to the fight. This is why a young pup named Luke was able to defeat him in ROTJ rather easily.

My question is, why didn't the Emperor just take samples of Anakin's DNA to the Kaminoans (or whatever group-Spaarti?) and clone himself a couple more Anakin Skywalkers/Darth Vaders? Anakin wouldn't have been able to do anything to stop the Emperor from even doing so.

It's possible, Palpatine, Joruus C'Boath, and Luuke Skywalker are all clones that still have their Force powers.

Also, I got thinking that with the really bad reaction by Vader...

["...you killed her..."]
["...uh, nooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOO!..."]

...why didn't ol' Darth Anakin just see if any medical droids on Corscant or Naboo had any records, bloodwork, possible DNA stuff of Padme's so he could possibly clone her? Then he'd be with her again.

I'm not saying Vader could have done it right away, immediately after he's put in the helmet, but at some point down the line.

Anyway, this kinda sounds like the makings of an interesting fan-fic story.

Oh, well...

Kidhuman
01-05-2006, 07:42 AM
An interesting idea, but one thing you have to remember, Luke, Palps and the other Jedi clones were all EU. Lucas isnt a fan of EU. Plus this is what happens when you right a story backwards. The end is set, so the beginning has ot fit the end.

JimJamBonds
01-05-2006, 11:24 AM
I think Palps at the point of ROTS would rather have the Vader in the suit then the healthy Vader we see go to Mustafar. With Vader in the suit Palps can better control him. Now 20 some years later Palps see's somebody young who he can take under his wing and at that point Vader is older as well and not as powerfull.

Slicker
01-05-2006, 11:56 AM
I think Palps at the point of ROTS would rather have the Vader in the suit then the healthy Vader we see go to Mustafar. With Vader in the suit Palps can better control him. Now 20 some years later Palps see's somebody young who he can take under his wing and at that point Vader is older as well and not as powerfull.That's exactly what I thought JJB. Since Palps pratically save Anakin's life it's kinda like the Gungan life debt. Vader wouldn't dare kill the man that save his life would he? Possibly, but then all that Palps has to do is give him a good shock and that'll put him right back in his place.

Jek Porky 2002
01-12-2006, 10:50 AM
The force is a mystic energy field which I doubt could be cloned, so that's out of the question, also Clones are more dosile than the real thing and have shorter lives.

Also, the reason that Anakin/Vader wouldn't bother cloning Padme is because he would be dating a baby, think about it, a clone isn't created as a fully formed adult, they grow as children!

El Chuxter
01-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Instead of cloning Padme or crying about it, Vader should've hooked up with Sabe.