PDA

View Full Version : Who is Augie?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-05-2006, 04:15 PM
The song that's played at the end of TPM is called Augie's Great Municipal Band. I've always wondered who that was.

So . . . who is it?

JON9000
01-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Augie is Palpatine. The music the band plays is, believe it or not, a variation on the Emperor's theme! As soon as you try to repeat the opening bars of each tune in your head, you will immediately notice the similarity. Weird, huh?

Slicker
01-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Augie is the band leader that leads the band in the parade at the end of the movie. (i.e. he's the Gungan John Williams :D )

EDIT: I have also heard that J9K. I've got a link somewhere that explains it. Let me find it right quick. Gah! I can't find the link. Oh, well.

starwarsfan1
01-05-2006, 05:23 PM
Does anyone know what Augie looks like?

Slicker
01-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Does anyone know what Augie looks like?Ummm...a gungan probably.;)

JediTricks
01-05-2006, 05:30 PM
I believe Slicker is right, the band leader is Augie.

JON is right that the song is the Emperor's theme from ROTJ though.

decadentdave
01-05-2006, 05:56 PM
Help me, Augie Ben Doggie, you're my only hope! lol

starwarsfan1
01-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Ummm...a gungan probably.;)
Yeah, I got that far. But not all Gungans look the same unlike Neimoidians.lol Is there a picture of him or an illustration? Probably not but it doesnt hurt to ask.:D

JON9000
01-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Augustus was also the name of the first Roman Emperor.

JimJamBonds
01-05-2006, 10:57 PM
Does anyone know what Augie looks like?

Probably something along the lines of Slicker's 'tar!!! :D

El Chuxter
01-05-2006, 11:56 PM
Help me, Augie Ben Doggie, you're my only hope! lol

As ridiculous as it seems, I wonder if it was an homage to Hardware Wars.

Elliejabbapop
01-06-2006, 07:39 AM
Augie is Palpatine. The music the band plays is, believe it or not, a variation on the Emperor's theme! As soon as you try to repeat the opening bars of each tune in your head, you will immediately notice the similarity. Weird, huh?

Although I too believe Augie is the band leader, this is very interesting, I had never thought of that. Did somebody figure that out or did Lucasfilm let it slip? :D

JediTricks
01-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Yeah, I got that far. But not all Gungans look the same unlike Neimoidians.Actually, Nute Gunray and Rune Haako look vastly different from each other, though most other Neimoidians look more like Nute than Rune.

Augustus was also the name of the first Roman Emperor.You know, you might be onto something there.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-06-2006, 05:55 PM
I'll take Gungan band leader as a response. But has he/she ever been in anything else? It just seems odd to only have a character's name in a song title.

And I already knew about the Palpatine's theme connection. I have to think that it was planned that way.

Slicker
01-07-2006, 01:12 PM
I'll take Gungan band leader as a response. But has he/she ever been in anything else?He made several guest appearances on the short lived Pat Sajak show.:p

It just seems odd to only have a character's name in a song title.Kinda like "Last Dance With Mary Jane" or "A Boy Named Sue". Once again :p

JimJamBonds
01-08-2006, 08:40 AM
It just seems odd to only have a character's name in a song title.

Kinda like "Last Dance With Mary Jane" or "A Boy Named Sue". Once again :p

Or Yoda/Anakin/Leia/Luke/Vader's theme. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Or Yoda/Anakin/Leia/Luke/Vader's theme. :D
What I meant was that it's ONLY in the title. Not in any other reference material.