PDA

View Full Version : The Shield Season 5

James Boba Fettfield
01-05-2006, 09:55 PM
Tuesday is the premiere, guys. Some say this season might be the final one based on the FX promos and because of the extended episode order. I hope not, but if the creators feel that five seasons is enough for the Strike Team then I will be happy with it. Better to go out on top than linger on when the well has run dry.

I hope to see the familiar Shield fans here Tuesday night to discuss the greatest cop drama to ever grace our televisions.

decadentdave
01-05-2006, 10:23 PM
I agree. I'd rather see Mackey and the crew go out in form than die a slow, painful death like X-Files. The last few seasons have not been as good as the first two. It's still my favorite show on and the best cop show ever.

Tycho
01-06-2006, 03:35 AM
I'm ready. It's all got to blow up at some point.

So who's going to be the captain? Dutch? Claudette? Is the Assist. Chief going to run the show out of Farmington?

Will David ever be caught and blackmailed about his *****? How about having his rapist killed?

Is Glenn Close going to do any guest appearances in Season 5? (she and CCH Pounder - Claudette) were nominated for Emmy Awards for their performances on the show.

decadentdave
01-06-2006, 04:19 AM
Hey Tycho, hope you are feeling better.

As much as I would love to see Vic put the squeeze on Aceveda, I can also see them gaining a mutual respect for one another. That's what makes Vic so great... he gathers the dirt on everyone around him and then only plays his cards when he needs to. Aceveda may not agree with Vic's unorthodox methodology and he knows he's dirty but somehow I would think that the incidents that happened to him may have changed his opinion somewhat about fighting crime in Farmington and that perhaps he realizes that Vic is doing whatever it takes to control the streets and doing what he has to do to protect his family which goes beyond the black and white written laws and what they teach in the Academy. I can see them becoming unexpected allies.

Claudette has it in for Vic. She's hungry for the chance to run the department her way. She thinks she can turn the Barn on its head and shake the bad apples from the tree. I can definitely see her becoming Captain.

Dutch Boy is too much of a nerd so he's always going to be stuck behind a desk which is why he has such psychopathic tendencies. Here kitty...

As for Julian... well... we all know about him. ;)

Darth Instigator
01-06-2006, 09:35 AM
I love this show too! Owned all 4 seasons on DVD but recently sold them due to lack of use. I will be watching the premiere this week too!

James Boba Fettfield
01-06-2006, 09:38 AM
Is Glenn Close going to do any guest appearances in Season 5?

When I was looking at the listing for the episode on yahoo, it provided the following info:

"Extraction" Episode #501.
Dutch and Claudette investigate a race riot at a local high school; Vic is encouraged to accept an early retirement package; an internal affairs officer visits Lem.

Cast: Michael Chiklis, Benito Martinez, Glenn Close, CCH Pounder, Jay Karnes, Catherine Dent, Walton Goggins, Michael Jace, Kenneth Johnson, Forest Whitaker.
Producer(s): Shawn Ryan, Scott Brazil

The description of the second episode of season 5 also includes Close in the credited cast. What it means, I do not know. And remember Shawn Ryan, we need to resolve Tavon's situation.

decadentdave
01-06-2006, 11:29 AM
The only "Retirement Package" Vic needs is the Money Train! lol

sith_killer_99
01-07-2006, 11:59 AM
I am soooo looking forward to Season 5!

WOW, five seasons already! While I would love to see the series continue, I would hate to see it die a slow death.

I remember when Chris Carter said that he wanted to run the X-Files for 5 years and anything else was just gravy. What did they end up with...nine seasons? The X-Files was great, but it died a slow death.:yes:

The flip side to that is the X-Files ran 22+ episodes per season, compared to The Shield running 13, which is probably why it is so hard to believe they are on season 5!

I hope The Shield goes out with a bang! I would love to see Vic and the gang get away with a big nest egg to retire on.:twisted:

Other routes they could go with:

Dutch turns Serial Killer
David goes to prison
Danni makes Detective
Vic fakes his own death
Claudette makes Captain
Julian goes IAD
The Barn gets a whole new crew and the old crew gets reassigned.

My personal favorite...Vic makes Captain and runs The Barn!:eek:

The list could go on and on. It will be an interesting season!:love:

Tycho
01-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Dutch turns Serial Killer - likely
David goes to prison - and he sucks like a cell b*tch
Danni makes Detective - maybe. Hope she also gets a date with someone normal.
Vic fakes his own death - or maybe he commits suicide
Claudette makes Captain possibly
Julian goes IAD - and gets divorced and goes back to being gay
The Barn gets a whole new crew and the old crew gets reassigned. - they might even close the precinct for political reasons.

My personal favorite...Vic makes Captain and runs The Barn!:eek: Yeah. That'll happen! LOL

James Boba Fettfield
01-07-2006, 07:07 PM
From some message boards I have read, the new (I guess interim) captain is...

Billings. Remember him? The guy who Dutch fought in an episode at the end of Season 4. He was the detective who also was afraid to come out about being witness to a murder at a carwash and not doing anything to apprehend the criminals.

Tycho
01-07-2006, 08:51 PM
Interesting. Dutch and Claudette have crap on him.

James Boba Fettfield
01-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Yep, and FX's official site says that because he is the new captain that Vic is given a pass on how his team acts.

In fact, the FX site gives away quite a bit of info I didn't know.

http://www.fxnetwork.com/shows/originals/the_shield/main.html

It's a Flash site (which I dislike), but if you check out the Characters section you will read the stuff I am talking about.

Darth Instigator
01-07-2006, 10:18 PM
From some message boards I have read, the new (I guess interim) captain is...

Billings. Remember him? The guy who Dutch fought in an episode at the end of Season 4. He was the detective who also was afraid to come out about being witness to a murder at a carwash and not doing anything to apprehend the criminals.
I remember him yea he is an old schooler. That should be interesting

decadentdave
01-07-2006, 10:24 PM
All I gotta say is that Sideshow or Medicom better make a Vic Mackey 12" figure!!! Heck, if Medicom can make 12" Real Action Hero Jack Bauer then they sure as heck better make my Mackey!!!

James Boba Fettfield
01-10-2006, 08:57 PM
David Rees Snell, who plays Ronnie...is this the first time he's been listed in the main credits for the show's opening? Can't say for sure, but I think it is. About time, too.

I am not liking Claudette's new hair. Go back to the season 4 style, but I am loving Billings as the new captain...and so forth.

Julien's new partner...not liking her. Though the shot toward the episode's end has made me a believer.

Danny is pregnant, wow.

Vic is allowed to do what he wants thanks to Billings. The great interrogation tactics are back. Zap! It's almost like Vic is captain; dreams do come true.

Dutch and his violent urges, maybe that serial killer prediction isn't too far off the mark.

Kavanaugh is a creep, especially with that scene at the autistic school.

Please folks behind The Shield, give us plenty of future scenes that are like the closing scene with Lem and Kavanaugh.

Tycho
01-11-2006, 12:40 AM
I missed it. Direct TV seems to play The Shield at 7pm or 8pm PST instead of 10pm and 11pm like our TV Guide lists it for all other cable services. They'll re-run it Friday at 8pm, so I'll have to watch then. If I had my old cable service, I'd be watching it right now. Ticks me off!

Tycho
01-13-2006, 11:56 PM
I saw it! Very cool season opener! Forrest Whitaker's character gives me the creeps. "Would you like a piece of gum?" He's a freak. Poor Lemansky. "Kavenaugh" was right though: it's always the guy with the conscience that they get to first.

sith_killer_99
01-14-2006, 11:26 AM
Great episode!

I can't believe they made that weak looser Captain!

Danni Dani, who's the daddy? I laughed for 10 minutes when Claudette said her money was on Dutch! LOL

Kavanaugh is a great character, very creepy, Forrest Whitaker is an awesome actor! I found the whole gum thing kinda cool. :twisted:

I don't get the big deal with Lem, why dosen't he just play along with the story. "Shane was being blackmailed, we wanted to get the girls body back. She deserved a proper burial, I did what I had to in order to find the body. That's it!"

He gave the junk back to old boy, and the slimmy little CI would probably confirm that he gave the junk back. Sure, Lem dosen't know about the CI, but IAD has no proof he sold the stuff. The other thing is, the Strike Team could get proof that the guy was killed because the drugs were exchanged for bogus goods. So there, that's what happened to their little switcheroo.

Anyway, great episode!:thumbsup:

Tycho
01-14-2006, 02:12 PM
Yeah, there are a few ways for the writers to get themselves out of this. Most notable, is that Lem knows nothing about Vic and Shane killing Terry - but Kavenaugh could make Lem wear a wire and try and get Vic and Shane to talk to him about it. I don't know if they'll go that way though. Meanwhile, a department budget reversal could reinstate Vic beyond this season - if they want the show to continue. Right now (as if we need a gimmick) they're using the "is this the last season?" question to bait us to watch - like fans of this show aren't die-hard anyway???

James Boba Fettfield
01-14-2006, 11:55 PM
Certain things I have read say that this extended season will be broken in half. So we get to see 10 or 11 episodes now and then after a hiatus of however long, we'll get to see the rest of them.

I hate when cable shows take a break halfway between a season.

Tycho
01-15-2006, 03:42 AM
There's only supposed to be 11 new episodes this season I thought?

If it does continuously go-on forever, it could lose its appeal, too. It will be unrealistic that this stuff doesn't explode upon all the characters with the psychosis they've been building up to. Or they could start "taking out" one character per season.

I think stuff will start to hit the fan when we see Antwon Mitchell again!

BTW, FX is re-running "Over There" on Saturdays. I hope this show comes back. It was really good also.

James Boba Fettfield
01-15-2006, 11:01 AM
Well, yeah, that's kind of right Tycho.

Normally they run 13 episode seasons (except for season 3 where they did 15 to make up for a late start). The big news about this season and why people thought it would be the last is because FX ordered 21 episodes for season 5.

So I, like many others, thought it was great to get 21 episodes. Then from reports now it seems like those 21 episodes will be broken in half. So we get 10 or 11 now...and then after a break of I don't know how long, we'll get the rest of the episodes.

In summary, Season 5 is officially 21 episodes.

sith_killer_99
01-15-2006, 01:32 PM
Over There has been canceled.

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271%7C98346%7C1%7C,00.html

There may be hope of another network picking up the show eventually, but I wouldn't count on it.

James Boba Fettfield
01-18-2006, 04:54 AM
Last night's episode was good. Really enjoyed seeing the Strike Team minus Lem getting justice even if it involves passing the buck to Mexico. That's the Strike Team I remember.

Kavanaugh using David for the interrogation, I did not expect that one. I guess I should have, but it never occurred to me that it would happen.

And now Vic is aware that IAD is after him. If there's one thing I have learned about Vic, it's that whoever is investigating him better watch out because he never takes too kindly to it. Even Claudette received some of Vic's attention when she was approaching his wife with questions. Can you imagine what his reaction will be to learning Kavanaugh has been visiting not only his wife, but at his children's school?

It'll be interesting to see how Vic handles this news.

lukesky27
01-22-2006, 11:13 AM
And now Vic is aware that IAD is after him. If there's one thing I have learned about Vic, it's that whoever is investigating him better watch out because he never takes too kindly to it. Even Claudette received some of Vic's attention when she was approaching his wife with questions. Can you imagine what his reaction will be to learning Kavanaugh has been visiting not only his wife, but at his children's school?

It'll be interesting to see how Vic handles this news.

I have been watching since the beginning and agree completely with what you say. Everyone who investigates, regrets it somehow.

It will be interesting to see how Vic handles Kavanaugh this season. I am interested in this manditory retirement angle that is going on also. Will it really happen for him? Claudette has me interested also...what exactly is wrong with her to have these meds and doctor visits? Now that Vic knows about Lem, will Lem be killed soon by someone? This season has really started strong...cannot wait to see where we end up.

Dennis

sith_killer_99
01-22-2006, 11:29 AM
I have Claudette pegged for cancer.

It will be interesting to see what Lem does. He knows Vic killed a fellow cop and that won't sit right with him....ever.

Tycho
01-23-2006, 04:08 AM
I was watching my Star Trek The Next Generation VHS tapes and guess who starred as the Transporter Chief? Benito Martinez (David Aceveda)! He looked a little younger (it was the late 80's then) but clearly recognizeable in the gold Starfleet uniform. Pretty funny and a nice surprise.

It was the episode "Descent Part 2" in which the crew faced an altered Borg being ruled by Data's evil twin brother Lore and Beverly Crusher commanded the Enterprise while most of the senior crew was on the planet, caught in the crossfire of a Borg civil war.

Lord Malakite
01-23-2006, 07:12 PM
I was watching my Star Trek The Next Generation VHS tapes and guess who starred as the Transporter Chief? Benito Martinez (David Aceveda)! He looked a little younger (it was the late 80's then) but clearly recognizeable in the gold Starfleet uniform. Pretty funny and a nice surprise.

It was the episode "Descent Part 2" in which the crew faced an altered Borg being ruled by Data's evil twin brother Lore and Beverly Crusher commanded the Enterprise while most of the senior crew was on the planet, caught in the crossfire of a Borg civil war.
A bit off topic but here is something else you probably didn't realize Tycho in that episode. The Borg stronghold on the planet in that episode is the same building used as the original command center on Power Rangers.:D

Back on topic, I think regardless whether or not this is the final season, when the end finally does come and the crap has hit the fan, Vic is going to die.

Tycho
01-23-2006, 11:14 PM
Again off-topic, but isn't the building Mount Palomar Observatory or one of the other observatories, up in the mountains, rural, but driving distance from Hollywood?

Lord Malakite
01-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Again off-topic, but isn't the building Mount Palomar Observatory or one of the other observatories, up in the mountains, rural, but driving distance from Hollywood?
I read about it a while back but don't recall what its used for. It isn't an observatory though. All that I remember off the top of my head is that it is owned and used by a California college, but I don't remember the exact college though. I went looking around on the net with what I did remember trying to find where I read about it and came up with nothing.

OC47150
01-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Anyone else get the vibe that this might be the last season of the Shield? Certain aspects of the season so far (Vic's mandatory retirement, AID on the Strike Team's butt from something that happened in season 1) are making it seem so.

Tycho
01-24-2006, 05:35 PM
It could be the last season, but it might also just be a scare tactic to keep us watching to see "will Vic be forced to retire?" I thought they were totally going to get caught when it was the Russian Mob's money train but they broke into Aceveda's safe. Department politics and the budget being a correctible thing that it is, they might suddenly find some money to pay Vic until a replacement is trained, etc. That's the thing about this show - it could go on forever. We've seen some examples of justice (Doomsday being sent down to Mexico, and what happened to Jesus Christ Foot Cutter and Child Rapist Mr. Face on the BBQ), but Vic has dealt that justice many times. Claudette and Dutch have a good track record as well. I don't know if Terry Crawley will ever get justice though. Eventually, on a regular show, he'll have to (Taevon also). But The Shield is not a regular show.

Tycho
01-24-2006, 10:45 PM
Tonight was great! That fat dead guy on the girl was tragic but hilarious at the same time. I figured the truck was full of human smuggling victims. I didn't think they'd all be dead though. Little-Cop-Hottie got lucky that no one interfered with the bust. She's so fine! Anyway, she took a big risk being unarmed and going into that house with all the stuff that was going on there. Kudos to Corrine Mackey. I knew she was too smart for Kavenaugh to play games with. I applaud her telling Vic. Meanwhile, I saw another side of Shane I really never wanted to see...

James Boba Fettfield
01-24-2006, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I was wondering about that Shane scene. At least his wife doesn't look like the drugged up loser from her brief season 4 appearances.

Tonight's episode flew by for me. I liked it and can see how it set a lot of things in motion, but I did not get many edge of your seat scenes as the past episodes of this season have offered. Again, though, I can see why the episode was important and I was loving Vic's scene with Kavanaugh, however brief and non-violent it was. Vic did a good job of keeping himself in check and you could see Chiklis giving a fine performance especially in the scene when he learns Kavanaugh has been messing with his family.

Kavanaugh the boy scout; I hope Vic is responsible for his death (that's if Kav dies). Or just some sort of fall from grace, anything...and then Vic is elected governor and a spin off series is born.

James Boba Fettfield
01-31-2006, 10:21 PM
Great episode and I'm especially surprised how many people learned about IAD investigating the Strike Team tonight. Had a dead baby, too.

Curious to hear someone else's thoughts...any takers?

Darth Instigator
01-31-2006, 11:51 PM
I like how Vic played the role on the tape when he was in the car and saw acevedo. Said I have to talk to him he likes to meet up and discuss things. THen when Forrest Whittaker played it back it sounded like Acevedo was playing double agent. I didnt get it at first but after seeing the last part I got it. Good move, smart man. Definitely a good episode though. And I was surprised out how quick the investigation came apart but they only do like 13 shows so I guess they can't take too long.

edit: and the dead baby incident was something when the girl explained how they tried to do cpr, omg how stupid people are man.

Tycho
02-01-2006, 01:10 AM
They still manage to shock me with that carving a baby out of a road-rage shooting victim! Danni had some good scenes in the interrogation of the girl, too. (as well as Tina's dressing down). Vic looked downright evil when he threatened Amoyra saying "without you their case (Kavenaugh's) goes away!"

That scene where he drew his gun on Kavenaugh was unnerving too. Kavenaugh is growing on me. I hated him at first, but right now Whitaker's creeping his way onto my "Like I care radar."

Corrine calling Dutch was interesting too. Oh man, tonight's show was good. So much happened!

Oh - and Shane actually suggesting Lem should do 5 years to cover for the team? A-hole! I wanted to punch him. Any Lemansky fans here?

OC47150
02-01-2006, 08:01 AM
Watched half of it before work this morning (taped it.)

Cutting the baby out was cold.

Corrine calling Dutch was interesting, but logical. But who else could she turn to at the Barn?

Tycho
02-01-2006, 08:27 AM
Lemansky if she knew him well from Vic's strike team days. I don't think she knows he's wired. I'm not sure I remember. I doubt she thinks highly of Shane and who knows about Ronnie. Lem always seemed trustworthy and likeable though. If Kavenaugh caught her and Curtis on tape...oh the plot would thicken!

James Boba Fettfield
02-01-2006, 10:49 AM
I'd be surprised if she'd turn to any member of the Strike Team for advice, even Lem, since they're under investigation. Even if Lem wasn't wired, I'd say she'd still not say a thing to him because then Vic will most likely learn Corrine has doubts and could turn. Sure she wants to protect Vic because she knows him going to jail would be a disaster to their children, but she also knows having both parents in jail will be an even worse scenario.

Going to Dutch, as OC said, makes sense. I can't wait for next week, though, as the previews made it seem like Vic's going to start messing with their investigation and that Russian deal they previewed isn't what it seems. Or I'm hoping that's how it happens because I love that Vic knows and they don't know he knows.

James Boba Fettfield
02-07-2006, 09:52 PM
Just as I wished and hoped, Vic made Kavanaugh look like a fool. Take that IAD!

Tycho
02-07-2006, 11:48 PM
I was shocked all night by this episode: the best of this season! I totally didn't know the Strike Team knew about Kavenaugh's other wire in the club house and I thought "No!" when Vic shot that one guy. I had a serious laugh at both mine and Kavenaugh's expense when I found out the guns were loaded with blanks! I loved Kav's temper-tantrum at the end!

Darth Instigator
02-08-2006, 01:16 AM
I was shocked all night by this episode: the best of this season! I totally didn't know the Strike Team knew about Kavenaugh's other wire in the club house and I thought "No!" when Vic shot that one guy. I had a serious laugh at both mine and Kavenaugh's expense when I found out the guns were loaded with blanks! I loved Kav's temper-tantrum at the end!
me too, lol. I was jumping up and down going AWW MAN Vic just handed his but to IAD, then when I saw the twist I was like YEAH!! I agree, best episode yet!

Tycho
02-14-2006, 11:45 PM
A filler episode. Next week looks more intense. I was again shocked by the guy with his part in the glory hole. I can't believe them - every week they come up with some crap like that.

Meanwhile, Kavenaugh layed in hard on Corrine. She shouldn't have told him about the money. Is the $65K Money Train cash? Season after season could start coming back to haunt them.

Shane was funny with the "wigger."

OC47150
02-15-2006, 07:21 AM
Yes, Tycho, that is Money Train cash.

Tycho
02-15-2006, 07:38 AM
Crap.

Season 1: Terry's murder to cover the investigation into the Strike Team's association with 1-Niners (Rondelle, Kern, etc.) Also, Gilroy's real estate scandal and the LA riots.

Season 2: The Money Train cash and hitting the Russian Mob for their (Unknown) marked money. Tio was killed by the Mexican Mafia who moved in on 1-Niner territory after Kern left and Rondelle was killed.

Season 3: ? I think the guys started playing it clean that year. I'm trying to remember. Maybe the Money Train was season 3?

Season 4: Shane and Antwon Mitchell - most of the guys are playing it clean and the strike team split up. But Shane is being a very lousy wanna-be protege of Vic Mackey's.

OC47150
02-15-2006, 07:51 AM
I'm thinking the Money Train hit was at the end of season 2.

Lem burned the money in season 3?

I hopped over to IMDB and read up on the Shield. Some interesting speculation as to whom the father of Danny's baby is.

James Boba Fettfield
02-15-2006, 07:56 AM
Season 2 was about the team learning about the money train and planing to rob it. Season ended with them pulling it off.

Season 3 was about trying to keep the money train theft from being connected to them. Toward the end of the season is when Lem burned it, leading to the break up of the team.

I would think that $65K is money train cash, too. Good thing none of it is marked, though. It was a good episode overall. Not like last week's, but served to set up a lot of future plots that will certainly have an impact.

Now, when is Lem going to be arrested. I thought for sure tonight's episode would end like that after the hardball Kavanaugh has played with everyone from Acevada to Corrine.

Tycho
02-15-2006, 08:01 AM
Terry was murdered and justice should ordinarily happen. But notice how we're hating Kavenaugh and rooting for the Strike Team?

This show is bringing out our evil :twisted:

James Boba Fettfield
02-21-2006, 10:08 PM
"Who's going to hell now?" That was a great interrogation and Dutch, who I normally do not like, had me cheering how he pushed Claudette to close the case.

Vic being a man and letting Corrine know it's okay to talk and he'll take the fall. It's no wonder we love Vic. Kavanaugh is pushing Acevada toward working with the Strike Team since he's being investigated.

And Antwon is coming back! Really, am I alone in not seeing that one coming?

Tycho
02-21-2006, 10:16 PM
Oh, I knew Antwon was coming back. Maybe I posted that on MySpace "Shield's group forums." But is Claudette dead? I'd hate to lose her! There is a rumor that 2 (two) major characters are going to be killed off this season. Claudette looks like she's one of them. But we didn't have a coroner's reading on her. They just called the ambulance. However, if she went out, taking down a serial killer like that, it would be a very worthy epithet for her.

James Boba Fettfield
02-21-2006, 10:25 PM
I don't know about dead. Wasn't someone checking her pulse?

Then again, I do believe someone said something her neck (broken?...or maybe she will be paralyzed)

Or she ends up in the hospital in a room next to...wait for it...wait...Tavon! (I've lost hope of ever learning what happened with him)

Tycho
02-21-2006, 11:31 PM
A couple more good reasons why you should watch The Shield (and why I love MySpace):

Val Da Car
02-22-2006, 08:07 AM
Is that the new rookie?

I think Claudette is certainly dead but from the fall or her illness.

Tycho
02-22-2006, 09:19 AM
Yeah, I believe that's training cadet "Tina." - From Maxim Magazine I believe. She's so hot! :love:

James Boba Fettfield
02-22-2006, 12:19 PM
Now post pics of Lemansky's and Shane's butts to bring balance to this topic. ;) (or not...I hope not)

James Boba Fettfield
02-28-2006, 10:00 PM
Kavanaugh is crazy, though I did enjoy seeing him throw around Dutch.

The man is serious about his police work, though, even charging his wife with a crime and going after Lem when he saved his life. I do hope Vic puts a bullet in his head. :D

Tycho
02-28-2006, 10:17 PM
Yeah, Kav's nuts. I suspected all along. He should take his ex-wife's medication along with the bottle. Hehe.

Plus the return of Antwon Mitchell. They never fail to keep us entertained.

I didn't expect he'd arrest Lemansky tonight though.

Looks like next week is "Prison Break" - but on The Shield.

James Boba Fettfield
02-28-2006, 10:45 PM
I knew he was going to be arrested thanks to reading the upcoming episode premises from TV Guide, but did not know it would happen tonight. The episode guide said next week's would focus on his arrest, so I expected it to happen then and not now.

Now it's about revenge for Kavanaugh. If the Strike Team some how gets out of this situation without going to prison, I will be very surprised. Especially Vic. He has everyone from Dutch to Acevada to Antwon (though I know he really wants Shane above all the others) coming after him and ready to see him behind bars. Though how many of them want to see him there for reasons of justice and not for a sense of personal satisfaction and revenge?

Darth Instigator
03-01-2006, 02:07 AM
yea they didn't follow up on Claudette but the show was awesome and cavanaugh is ****ing me off but then he is playing a good role, cause its working. I was laughing when Vic and Lemansky were watching his interview with his wife. I was hoping Vic would knock him out when he threw Lemansky in the cage or all the officers would just ignore him.

Tycho
03-03-2006, 10:40 PM
I got this from the San Diego Union-Tribune (my local paper - www.signonsandiego.com) and it was an AP article. It's funny because in front of this audience, you all will be sure to find it "predictable." They even mention "The Shield" in the article. With no further introduction:

Former California lawmen implicated in drug house robbery ring

By Jeremiah Marquez
ASSOCIATED PRESS

12:38 a.m. March 3, 2006

LOS ANGELES – They cased homes containing drugs, money and weapons like any other robbery ring, prosecutors say.
But instead of donning ski masks and stealing through windows in the dead of night, the group allegedly wore police uniforms and badges as it carried out raids that authorities say were intended to appear like official law enforcement searches. Five of the suspects were sworn officers at the time.

Nineteen members have been charged in the ring, led by then-Los Angeles police Officer Ruben Palomares, prosecutors said Thursday in announcing the results of a four-year investigation.

Palomares and his associates allegedly targeted locations where people were suspected of selling drugs, then gained access by saying they were conducting a legitimate search before stealing valuables, prosecutors said.

“While this story sounds like a script from 'The Shield' or 'Training Day,' it actually happened here in L.A.,” said Assistant U.S. Attorney Thomas O'Brien.

A federal grand jury on Tuesday indicted six defendants on 54 counts. They included Rodrigo Duran, 35, of Tehachapi, a former Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy; William Ferguson, 33, of Huntington Beach, a former Los Angeles police officer who was fired in 2003; and Ferguson's brother, Joseph Ferguson, 31, of Garden Grove, who was fired from the Long Beach Police Department in December 2004.

Duran, who was arrested Thursday, has been employed by the state Department of Corrections since 1996 but had been placed on administrative leave. The Ferguson brothers were arrested Wednesday and ordered held without bond. All three face multiple counts of conspiracy to possess narcotics with the intent to distribute, deprivation of rights under color of law and using a firearm during a drug trafficking crime and a crime of violence.

Authorities are looking for three other people indicted earlier this week who were allegedly part of Palomares' team.

Thirteen defendants had been charged in the last 18 months before the latest indictment. They include Palomares, 36; two of Palomares' cousins; Jesse Moya, 29, a former LAPD officer who agreed to plead guilty to a conspiracy charge in December 2004 because of his role in the criminal organization; and men who received law enforcement training but unsuccessfully applied for jobs at the Los Angeles and Long Beach police departments.

Palomares and Moya “are traitors to the badge that the men and women of this department so proudly wear, traitors to their fellow officers, but most importantly, traitors to the public trust,” Los Angeles police Chief William Bratton said.

Authorities contend that Palomares supplied the group with uniforms, radios and even badges to carry out the raids. In some cases, members drove to targeted drug houses in official LAPD cars. Victims were allegedly restrained, threatened and sometimes beaten while the group scoured the houses for drugs, weapons and money.

Stolen property included 600 pounds of marijuana, TVs, jewelry, money and rifles from Los Angeles County sites, prosecutors said.

Palomares was arrested in June 2001 when he tried to buy 10 kilograms of cocaine from undercover federal drug agents. He is serving 15 years in prison on drug trafficking and weapons charges.

“He has accepted full responsibility for his roles in these misdeeds,” said Palomares' attorney Winston Kevin McKesson, who wouldn't comment on whether his client was cooperating with authorities.

McKesson, however, said there has not been a reduction in his client's prison sentence.

Associated Press Writer Greg Risling contributed to this report.

[Edit: "Next week on an 'All New Episode of The Shield"] hehe - are these Season 6's characters?

James Boba Fettfield
03-08-2006, 04:23 AM
I missed both runs of the episode last night, so I'll say something when I see one of the repeats later this week.

Tycho
03-08-2006, 10:49 AM
Please rate Victoria's Secrets. You'll see what I mean :thumbsup:

Lord Malakite
03-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Please rate Victoria's Secrets. You'll see what I mean :thumbsup:
So you thought the photos of Vic Mackie in the speedo were hot I take it.:p

James Boba Fettfield
03-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Don't tease me...we get to see Vic in speedo? :lipsrseal

Tycho
03-08-2006, 06:50 PM
You guys should totally search groups (by TV show or whatever) and join The Shield's group on MySpace. I'm so over there after every show. We have a million discussions going on about Tina, Dutch, Corrine, Aceveda, Antwon, etc. In fact, I've almost stopped going to The Shield discussion in the general Cable TV forum over there and am a hardcore poster in our group.

This way instead of having one thread, we can totally devote a topic to Tina's underwear - that sort of thing (thing? thong? Umm - whatever)

Anyway, I'm in a Star Wars group and a Smallville group (Jorge's is the best one of those), but The Shield's kicks the most butt and it goes off all week long well after the initial show has aired. Oh man. We're talking about Long Poke Prison now (or whatever it's called).

Anything goes over there so imagine the discussion!

James Boba Fettfield
03-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Well, they've finally given a conclusion to the character of Kern Little. That was a nice surprise from the writers. I wonder if the same will be said for Tavon in the future.

Vic sticking it to Kavanaugh by way of his ex-wife. Too bad the whole Strike Team didn't get to have a go with her.

Antwon, once again, gets the best of cops who choose to get in bed with him.

Lem shows himself to be the best of the bunch. Really feeling for his character. Going to jail to cover for his friends for an action he did only to recover a little girl's body. Still an honorable man.

Kavanaugh has turned into the thing he hates and Antwon is still an a**hole.

Now for the real curious matter, how will Claudette being chief affect the Strike Team? At first I was happy because of how she viewed Kavanaugh's investigation being done in the Barn as negative. However, during her promotion she heard Kavanaugh's speech about Vic once again escaping the noose. We know she has some bad thoughts about Vic from previous seasons and I think she will start right up where Kavanaugh left off.

Next week: Vic tries to get Lem out of the country (or so yahoo tells me). He did it once before for Gilroy, though the Lem situation will probably have more heat on it than Gilroy's did.

Now, let's talk about the pimp we know named Vic. Kavanaugh's ex and the attorney! Maybe next week he gets Dutch's new girl.

Tycho
03-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Dude. I like your avitar JBF.

There's so much to talk about from tonight's most awesome episode of The Shield. I don't know what to post. I'm afraid I'm going to start on MySpace's Shield group and then bring back here whatever's really topical.

It was a great episode tonight. BTW, I think I'll like Claudette finally being captain.

James Boba Fettfield
03-15-2006, 02:48 PM
No worry about doing most of the discussion myspace. Not many 'round these parts seem to be interested in the going ons of Farmington. Plus, I won't be around much next week to discuss the finale, so the discussion here for The Shield is all but dead.

See you, Tycho, for the remainder of the episodes when they premiere. Either here or on myspace as I might take up that discussion offer.

OC47150
03-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Taped last night's episode. Misplaced last week's episode, but did see half of it.

Hard to believe the season is wrapping up so soon.

Tycho
03-15-2006, 03:09 PM
SPOILER DISCUSSION FOLLOWS (for those who haven't watched their tapes yet)....

It's a shame they killed off Kern Little. With Antwon betraying him, they totally could have re-allied themselves with him and somehow put an end to Antwon. I'm really surprised they didn't take that route. For a gangster, I liked Kern's character during Season 1. Don't get me wrong: I like Antwon as the bad guy - but he's too cocky and needs to be brought back to reality. It looks like jail isn't doing that for him. Hehe.

James Boba Fettfield
03-15-2006, 03:13 PM
Yeah...what's it been? 11 episodes including next week's finale, I think.

Wonder when they'll finish the remaining episodes and air them.

James Boba Fettfield
03-15-2006, 03:19 PM
SPOILER DISCUSSION FOLLOWS (for those who haven't watched their tapes yet)....

It's a shame they killed off Kern Little. With Antwon betraying him, they totally could have re-allied themselves with him and somehow put an end to Antwon. I'm really surprised they didn't take that route. For a gangster, I liked Kern's character during Season 1. Don't get me wrong: I like Antwon as the bad guy - but he's too cocky and needs to be brought back to reality. It looks like jail isn't doing that for him. Hehe.

I was glad they gave him closure. In fact, I was very surprised to see him back on the show. The actor who plays Kern is starring in Spike TV's upcoming Blade series and after I saw he was working with that project, I figured he would never again be mentioned on The Shield. Glad to see his character have an end, even if it felt a bit forced at first.

Darth Instigator
03-15-2006, 04:05 PM
awesome show great episode, I love this show as much as I love The Sopranos. I couldn't believe it when Vic banged Kavanaughs wife but it looks like he is headed off next week to pay Vic back. Wonder if there will be a rape. This show never stops with its curveballs, I love it.

OC47150
03-19-2006, 12:53 PM
I found my missing episode! Finished it and last week's.

WOW! Vic and Kavanaugh's ex-wife. Revenge sex or just an opportunity? Either way, Vic enjoyed it.

The writers/producers wrapped up the investigation too quickly. Yes, it's been the focal point for most of this season, but getting it concluded in just two or three episodes is not very realistic.

Anyone else think Lem is going on the lam?

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Darth Instigator
03-21-2006, 10:29 PM
OMG WHat an episode, I hate cavanaugh and I cant believe that Shane did Lem like that. I knew he was going to do something but OMG. Lem didn't deserve that, how sad.

Tycho
03-21-2006, 10:50 PM
Unfortunate, but actually predictable.

I hate Shane even more now!

trandoshan666
03-22-2006, 03:46 PM
I'm curious, do you guys think Vic knows that Shane killed him? When I watched it the first time, I thought they worked out the plan when they sent Ronny off to do the money transfer. But, then again, it would make for an incredible final 10 episodes if they were hunting Lem's killer and he turned out to be on their team. Thoughts?

OC47150
03-23-2006, 10:20 AM
WOW!!!

* For your question, Trandoshan666: Does Vic know Shane killed Lem? No. The expression on Vic's face when he walked up to the car said it all. Pure pain, anguish, like someone ripped his heart out.

* Anyone notice that Lem blinked once after the grenade went off, and then died?

* A filled 90-minutes of drama but did anyone else think it was odd that Julian and Tina were shown until the last 20 minutes or so, like to wrap up loose ends? I don't think Tina will be around for season 6.

* I still don't think Vic is the father of Danni's baby.