PDA

View Full Version : So it's over for ROTS line?

Scackmgack
01-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Pegs are empty of the ROTS stuff at Target and Wal-Mart, some Saga stuff coming in.

I take it, then, that I've lost my chance to get any more Tactical Ops Troopers, or anything else in the last wave of ROTS?

Hasbro's crappy distribution continues to amaze me...that and the greed of the scalpers.

decadentdave
01-07-2006, 11:16 PM
Yes, I'm afraid ROTS is finished.

I would also like to have picked up some more "army builders" from the last wave. I only got 2 of the "corrected" Commander Gree paint ops and I wanted to get more white Magna Guards. I watched ROTS last night and was kicking myself for not picking up a few more Mustafar Sentries.

We can only hope that Hasblo will repack them on Saga cards and mix them in with the upcomming case assortments but chances are slim.

K M Toydarian
01-08-2006, 07:31 AM
I'd keep an eye on KB. There is a good chance we may see some clearance cases there from backstock Hasbro had and can't sell to retailers as they want the new assortments. It happened before with the Ephant Mon wave of Saga so...
Maybe we will see more TRU Mega Value Packs as well, like the very recent Tarkin sets, maybe some shocktroopers (wishful thinking!)

maatu
01-08-2006, 11:23 AM
i know what you mean about the shelves being empty.But if you still need lando votc carded. i have seen an abundance of him.(joking).there is a dealer in my area in a flea market. I know he is a scalper because he goea around and gets everything. the will be sitting rots stuff for quite some time. But they do have everything and they give me deals. the last wave is in short supply. i have ony seen a couple of the final 12 .not even that. what did hasbro do. Are we going to see this stuff flooded at kbtoys in the next months. I did see a corrected gree. his camouflage was dotted on .if that makes any sense.

Scackmgack
01-08-2006, 03:19 PM
I would love to see a pic of the "corrected" Gree. I never knew there was one.

decadentdave
01-08-2006, 03:36 PM
T-visor corrected with metallic green paint ops instead of lime.

Jango Speck
01-09-2006, 01:18 AM
I watched ROTS last night and was kicking myself for not picking up a few more Mustafar Sentries.
Why? They were only in one shot (background and very dark) of the beginning of the Anakin landing on Mustafar scene. Most people wouldn't even know they were in the movie.

Battle Droid
01-09-2006, 08:26 AM
And riding the lava fleas in the establishing shot of Mustafar.

Bobby Fett
01-09-2006, 01:35 PM
I would love to see a pic of the "corrected" Gree. I never knew there was one.

Here it is:

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/ROTS/rots0559gree2comp2.jpg&text=Commander%20Gree%20(bright%20green%20visor)%2 0|%20Commander%20Gree%20(dark%20green%20visor)

decadentdave
01-09-2006, 02:23 PM
I've been thinking about repainting all of my lime visor Gree's with the metallic jade. I only got 2 of the corrected visor and that was all I ever saw.

MajikNinja
01-09-2006, 05:51 PM
of course the ROTS line is over with... it would be stupid not to end it by now... just imagin the AOTC and TPM lines still around... stupid!!!

CaptainSolo1138
01-09-2006, 06:43 PM
I don't think anyone was arguing that point.....

Tycho
01-10-2006, 05:46 AM
I don't think scalping was a major issue with the final 12, though I could be mistaken. Army building and low distribution were the problems - that I'll give you. I went daily for weeks to get my Blue Clones (501st Tactical Ops) and turned up empty handed almost daily as well. When they did come in to Target, I bought every single one they were shipped (which was about 8 at a time). Meanwhile, the repaints of the Separatists sat around here. Toys R Us had a lot of Mustafar Sentries before Christmas.

Scackmgack
01-12-2006, 12:24 PM
of course the ROTS line is over with... it would be stupid not to end it by now... just imagin the AOTC and TPM lines still around... stupid!!!

The question was not geared at production, but distribution. It is entirely-possible that people are still seeing shipments of the final 12 making their way to stores as backlogs of inventory hit the floor.

Ask for clarification next time if you need it. Remember, best to keep your mouth closed and let people think you a fool than open your mouth and confirm it.

Oh, and thanks for the link to the corrected Gree pic! Much appreciated. :)

timmae
01-12-2006, 11:52 PM
i never saw the tactical ops. and i looked a lot. just missed them everytime at target. i found the rest. even the bly variant. glad i ordered a tactical from ebay and picked up one for brentfett and i on kb's site. thanks again guys. i'm thinking i am going to take my new saga fett back. paint looks better. can't justify 6.99 when i got the blue one on 3 different cards. no ones getting my power droid. he's cool.:thumbsup:

mikey1974
01-13-2006, 07:49 AM
never did finish the final 12....got gree,bly,the astromech,and the choco-wookie...never saw the others......but like was said,some still seem to be filtering out here and there...found an ask aak at K-B finally for the 1st time on wednesday,so there are still little gems to be found...

BoShek
01-19-2006, 01:05 AM
My local stores really didn't get most of the last 12 ROTS figures. I am very dissapointed!

mikey1974
01-19-2006, 03:00 PM
i'm actually getting to complete the final 12 TODAY,as a friend of mine,jedijones over at aftimes,is selling me at cost 8 of them:

Tac Ops
hologram aalya
hologram plo koon
grevious' bodyguard
wookie heavy gunner
silver neimodian
cat minn
and the other seperatist (can't remember her name right now...)

...and i alreday got gree,bly,the astromech,and wookie.....so,FINALLY,i have the whole set...the only ROTS figure i missed was the anakin varient with sith eyes...have everyone else form the basic series....thank god....