PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys 12" Aliens, AVP, and Terminator figures

Darth Cruel
01-08-2006, 02:30 PM
The past two or three weeks is the first I have seen these figures...unbelievable. These are the best action figures I have ever seen. I may just shell out $150.00 per figure to get them.

Sith Lord 0498
01-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Do you have a link to any pictures??

Darth Cruel
01-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Do you have a link to any pictures??

Scar Predator

http://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TOYS-New-Figure-1-6-14-SCAR-PREDATOR-AVP-Alien_W0QQitemZ6026646350QQcategoryZ27294QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Celtic Predator

http://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TOYS-New-Figure-1-6-14-CELTIC-PREDATOR-AVP-Alien_W0QQitemZ6015500674QQcategoryZ27294QQssPageN ameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cpl Hicks from Aliens

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aliens-2-Marine-Troops-CPL-HICKS-Hot-Toys-Predator-NEW_W0QQitemZ6026150423QQcategoryZ348QQssPageNameZ WD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Pvt Vasquez from Aliens (They also have a pic of John Connor from Terminator on this auction)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aliens-2-Marine-Troops-VASQUEZ-Predator-Hot-Toys-Lady_W0QQitemZ6026150446QQcategoryZ348QQssPageName ZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They have the Scar and Celtic Predators from AVP, Hicks, Vasquez, and Apone from Aliens, and John Connor and the T-800 from Terminator. The link is for an eBay auction for One of the Predators. It has the best pics. The Celtic Predator also has the huge wrist blades that fit onto both gauntlets. The data pad on the left wrist also opens but is not shown in the pics.

Exhaust Port
01-08-2006, 03:43 PM
I could only find pictures of Apone and Hicks:

http://www.action-hq.com/cgi-bin/action-hq/oth002996.html

http://www.action-hq.com/cgi-bin/action-hq/oth002995.html

Very cool but not worth nearly the $150 they are going for.

Exhaust Port
01-08-2006, 03:45 PM
This place has all 3 (Hicks, Apone, Vasquez) at $114. Still a bit much IMHO.

http://www.gijoeelite.com/f_display.asp?strDisplayName=HotToys

Darth Cruel
01-08-2006, 03:46 PM
I added some links to my above post. These are even better than the Sideshow Star Wars 12" (not that I am going to stop buying them). But I can definitely see adding these Hot Toys ones to my collection, even at 150.00-200.00 dollars per.

EP - I saw that site. There are some buy-it-nows on ebay for 99.99, but there is a heap o' shipping tacked on after that.

And Takara has these two Predators and an Elder Predator in there Microman line that are equally unbeatable for a 4" figure. Obviously they can't compare to these, but for 4" they are as good as it gets(except that they are VERY flimsy, and oh so easy to break). They run about 20.00 after shipping.

Blue2th
01-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Wow, I can't believe the detail of these. I was checking this guys other auctions. Noticed he has Hot Toys Rambo and Trautman. These are the same figures offered at Sideshow's website, saying they teamed up to make the Rambo figures. Hmmm

Darth Cruel
01-08-2006, 04:21 PM
No surprise there. Sideshow also teamed up with Medicom and is dirtibuting their RAH line. Interestingly enough, there are no Medicom Star Wars 12" from the RAH line on Sideshows website. I wonder if the agreement included Medicom not making Star Wars anymore or if they are actually the ones making them for Sideshow. I'll be checking the bottoms of the feet when Luke gets here.

Reefer Shark
01-08-2006, 04:33 PM
I just discovered these last week too. Ended up ordering Hicks, Scar Predator and Celtic Predator. Hicks is on the way, should get him this week! :thumbsup:

After shipping, Hicks came to about $125, and the Predators are just under $150 each. Not a bad deal for collectibles of this calibur IMO.

Here's some links to the auctions I won:

Aliens Marine Auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6025804096&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1)

Predator Auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:11&Item=6025803937)

Darth Cruel
01-08-2006, 04:39 PM
I am jealous, Reefer. But I am about 85% of the way sure that I will get them as well. I will be getting both Predators, all three Colonial Marines, and both Terminator figures.

decadentdave
01-09-2006, 04:13 AM
I got the Sergeant Tech-Com Kyle Reese figure from Terminator. He is amazing. I passed on the T-800 because it does not have Arnold's likeness. I will get the Endoskeleton if they ever release it.

I am also making a custom 20th Century Kyle Reese using Connor MacLeod's sneakers and trenchcoat. Just have to dye it army green. Looks dead on.

My friend got the Corporal Hicks figure and has been trying to convince me to get one. He says it is amazing. I'd get one if they had Ripley.

maatu
01-09-2006, 09:12 PM
i think the 12 inch line is wonderful. did anyone realize there are 2 different versions of rambo?

decadentdave
01-09-2006, 09:17 PM
i think the 12 inch line is wonderful. did anyone realize there are 2 different versions of rambo?

Yeah, Halo Jumper Rambo in black covert ops gear. Awesome. I want my Rambo III Stick Fighter John. J.

Captain Spoon
01-10-2006, 03:26 PM
Hot Toys is not teaming with Sideshow for the Rambo figures. HotToys is a Japanese based company and Sideshow is their new official U.S. distributor. So hopefully sideshow will get the predators so we can pick them up at $65-$75 a piece. It would also be cool if they made mud covered Anuld from Predator and maybe Carl Weathers.

Darth Cruel
01-11-2006, 04:36 PM
I emailed Sideshow to find out if they are going to carry the Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece line which has the 12" wonder-figures from Aliens, AVP, and Terminator. They gave me the following response:

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your interest in our products!

Unfortunately, we are not permitted to disclose information on future
products until this information is released to the general public
through our various media sources, including our newsletter and website.

For information on current, upcoming and future products, please sign-up
for our newsletter via the homepage on our website,
www.sideshowcollectibles.com, if you have not already done so.

Thank-you for your inquiry and we look forward to hearing from you in
the future!

Thank you.

Best Regards,

I will have to post my appreciation at being answered (however non-committally) by a human being and not a 'bot.

And by the way... I am trying to not get my hopes up, but this is not a denial!

Reefer Shark
01-14-2006, 10:48 PM
I emailed Sideshow to find out if they are going to carry the Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece line which has the 12" wonder-figures from Aliens, AVP, and Terminator. They gave me the following response:

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your interest in our products!

Unfortunately, we are not permitted to disclose information on future
products until this information is released to the general public
through our various media sources, including our newsletter and website.

For information on current, upcoming and future products, please sign-up
for our newsletter via the homepage on our website,
www.sideshowcollectibles.com (http://www.sideshowcollectibles.com), if you have not already done so.

Thank-you for your inquiry and we look forward to hearing from you in
the future!

Thank you.

Best Regards,

I will have to post my appreciation at being answered (however non-committally) by a human being and not a 'bot.

And by the way... I am trying to not get my hopes up, but this is not a denial!

Well it looks like Sideshow will be selling the Hot Toys Predators after all. Here's a link to a news article ----> click me! (http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=131&itemid=8625) Now I feel like an idiot for jumping the gun and pre-ordering them from an ebay seller..... :stupid:

---

On another note, I received my Hicks yesterday. Let me tell you guys, I'm very impressed! I haven't even put it together yet, but I can already tell this is the highest quality 1/6 scale figure I own, and I own figures from lots of high-end 1/6 companies (Medicom, Marmit, Sideshow, Ignite, etc...).

This guy is almost more like a model kit, as you have to assemble to whole thing (even the limbs on the actual figure). I've opened it and checked out all the accessories, just amazing. The detail is incredible, and everything seems nice and sturdy. The body itself is very nice too. Super articulated, and the major joints are held together by metal screws - this means that if it gets loose, you can always tighten them back up (a HUGE plus in my book).

Another thing I noticed, is that the box is huge, heavy, and sturdy. It's got the typical box w/flap, and that box slides into a sleeve. There are so many accessories that it has two levels of trays.

I honestly can't find one thing that I don't like about this figure, and that makes it well worth the high price IMO.

I can't wait for the Predators, and I might have to get Apone and Vasquez now....

UKWildcat
01-15-2006, 12:06 AM
:drool:

These figures are unbelievable. I can just tell from the pictures that the detail of these things are amazing. I like the fact that you have to assemble them and that they have screw joints (thats a huge plus in my book too). I'm not stoked about the price tag, but obviously something of the caliber isn't going to be cheap. However, it would be really sweet if Sideshow offers them for under 100 bucks. Then I could pick up one or two of them here and there. Either way, I need to get my hands on a few of these and I can't wait until I do.

Outstanding!!! :thumbsup:

decadentdave
01-15-2006, 02:48 AM
If they are priced the same as the Rambo figures - $65 - I will buy them.

Darth Cruel
01-15-2006, 06:44 AM
Well it looks like Sideshow will be selling the Hot Toys Predators after all. Here's a link to a news article ----> click me! (http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=131&itemid=8625) Now I feel like an idiot for jumping the gun and pre-ordering them from an ebay seller..... :stupid:

---

On another note, I received my Hicks yesterday. Let me tell you guys, I'm very impressed! I haven't even put it together yet, but I can already tell this is the highest quality 1/6 scale figure I own, and I own figures from lots of high-end 1/6 companies (Medicom, Marmit, Sideshow, Ignite, etc...).

This guy is almost more like a model kit, as you have to assemble to whole thing (even the limbs on the actual figure). I've opened it and checked out all the accessories, just amazing. The detail is incredible, and everything seems nice and sturdy. The body itself is very nice too. Super articulated, and the major joints are held together by metal screws - this means that if it gets loose, you can always tighten them back up (a HUGE plus in my book).

Another thing I noticed, is that the box is huge, heavy, and sturdy. It's got the typical box w/flap, and that box slides into a sleeve. There are so many accessories that it has two levels of trays.

I honestly can't find one thing that I don't like about this figure, and that makes it well worth the high price IMO.

I can't wait for the Predators, and I might have to get Apone and Vasquez now....

Thanks for the info, RS. Don't be too upset about buying them on eBay yet. We don't know what Sideshow will be charging for them nor what the availability will be (and where Sideshow is concerned, that is a huge issue). But I do hope that Sideshow eventually sells the Aliens Figures as well. And I also hope that Hot Toys does a 12" scale Alien (Predator and the Colonial Marines need someone to fight, and until we get Aliens, it'll just have to be each other).

How about this...an Active Camoflage (read: invisible) Predator from Hot Toys. One each of the Scar and Celtic Predators. Something like that just might be worth a whole freakin' bunch o' money to me.

Reefer Shark
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the info, RS. Don't be too upset about buying them on eBay yet. We don't know what Sideshow will be charging for them nor what the availability will be (and where Sideshow is concerned, that is a huge issue). But I do hope that Sideshow eventually sells the Aliens Figures as well. And I also hope that Hot Toys does a 12" scale Alien (Predator and the Colonial Marines need someone to fight, and until we get Aliens, it'll just have to be each other).

How about this...an Active Camoflage (read: invisible) Predator from Hot Toys. One each of the Scar and Celtic Predators. Something like that just might be worth a whole freakin' bunch o' money to me.

True, I have a feeling the predators will still be $100+. Rambo retails for around $90 from overseas sources, and can be had for as low as $65 from these dealers.

I too am really hoping for a nice Alien (hopefully from the second movie, to go better with the marines). Camo Predator would be cool too, but I really hope they make the Predator from the 1st flick (maybe even a Dutch too, if they can get the license to do Arnie). :yes:

Reefer Shark
01-20-2006, 03:24 AM
Sideshow has listed the Predators. You can pre-order them for $130 here (http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&query=^basic_search.sql&q1=predator&source=leftnav&kw=PREDATOR) (they have a ton of pics too). Very pricey, but that's exactly what I paid for them on the auction I won, so I don't feel so bad now.

Before you say "that's not worth it".... trust me, Hot Toys product really is worth every penny. Their 1/6 figures are miles ahead of all other 1/6 lines in terms of detail and quality.

Reefer Shark
03-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Well, Scar and Celtic Predators showed up at work today. These are the biggest boxes I've seen for any 1/6 scale figures! They're huge!

I took a quick look at the contents, and it got me drooling... I seriously can't wait to get home and put these bad boys together!

Hopefully if I have the energy, I'll take some pics too. :)

Darth Cruel
03-20-2006, 02:17 PM
I am looking forward to the pics, RS! I want these real bad! I am trying to make room in the bills for them.

Reefer Shark
03-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Right on DC! I will say that Hicks looks better in person than from online pics (in fact, I liked him so much, I ended up ordering Vasquez and Apone too).

If that experience was any indication, these Predators should be the cream of the crop! Sorry, I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging, I'm just very excited about these!:yes:

I really hope Hot Toys does some Aliens to go with these Predators and Marines someday.

jonthejedi
03-20-2006, 02:45 PM
Somebody's got to do a decent Ripley figure one of these days...as well as a Nostromo astronaut suit.

Darth Cruel
03-20-2006, 02:54 PM
Right on DC! I will say that Hicks looks better in person than from online pics (in fact, I liked him so much, I ended up ordering Vasquez and Apone too).

If that experience was any indication, these Predators should be the cream of the crop! Sorry, I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging, I'm just very excited about these!:yes:

I really hope Hot Toys does some Aliens to go with these Predators and Marines someday.

Brag! I will be when I get them. For what they cost the bragging rights come with them! And besides, I WANT to hear about them. I also hope HT does at least a standard Alien Warrior, I can buy a few of them to face-off against the Predators and USCMs! But I STRONGLY prefer a few different Aliens.

I like how Hot Toys gets around the fact that they do not have the 12" liscense for these lines by making them "models" that have to be assembled. BRILLIANT! And I am glad they are doing it!

Turbowars
03-21-2006, 12:07 AM
I don't know Reefer the Alien troopers don't look very good. The faces don't seem to look like the characters from the film.

Reefer Shark
03-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Y'think? I dunno, I think the faces look pretty good. I mean, they're not Gentle Giant quality likeness (what else is really?), but I would compare the headsculpts to Sideshow stuff.

Now the outfits and accessories on the other hand, are spot on. There are so many tiny details on these. Little metal parts, springs, wires, tons of stuff. Hot Toys blows away all other 1/6 scale companys in this respect. Everything is there (with lots of moving parts), and it's all in correct scale with the figure. Same goes with the actual bodies, very high quality and articulation with metal screws so you can re-tighten the joints if they get loose.

Turbowars
03-21-2006, 09:32 PM
The face sculpt is what stopped me from ordering them. Hell Aliens is one of my favorite films and I was pretty excited to see them and then I was like no thank you. Another issue is the characters? Why only the 3? Where's Bill Pulman?

Reefer Shark
03-21-2006, 11:37 PM
One thing is for sure, you're saving a lot of money by not buying these, more $$$ for Sideshow and GG, right? :thumbsup:

Another issue is the characters? Why only the 3? Where's Bill Pulman?

Heh... I just want a damn Alien for these guys to blow up! I guess a Ripley with power loader would've been nice too, but that would probably be like 300 bucks if they did one :dead: I would say Bishop since he's an important character to the series, but he would be one boring figure..

jonthejedi
03-24-2006, 02:44 PM
Can't wait for Hot Toys AVP & Aliens line...I did pick up the McFarlane 12" Scar Predator today at TRU...very nice indeed! No Grid Alien with it, though. And by the way it was Bill "we're dead" PAXTON in Aliens. Pullman was the Prez in ID4. I know everyone gets 'em mixed up.

Exhaust Port
03-25-2006, 10:04 AM
The face sculpt is what stopped me from ordering them. Hell Aliens is one of my favorite films and I was pretty excited to see them and then I was like no thank you. Another issue is the characters? Why only the 3? Where's Bill Pulman?

Perhaps your favorite film is Independance Day then? Bill Pullman had nothing to do with the fine Aliens movie. Perhaps you mean Bill Paxton.

Turbowars
03-25-2006, 10:37 AM
Perhaps your favorite film is Independance Day then? Bill Pullman had nothing to do with the fine Aliens movie. Perhaps you mean Bill Paxton.Yeah I meant Paxton.

"I hope it feels so good to be right. There is nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?" -Randeal Graves.;)

Exhaust Port
03-25-2006, 11:03 AM
I don't think the Hudson character would have quite been the same with Pullman. :D

Turbowars
03-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Yeah, Pullman is a crappy actor anyway, but now that I think about it Paxton isn't that great either, but the roll was perfect for him.

Reefer Shark
05-19-2006, 09:52 PM
Hey,
I'm dusting off this thread, cause I came here to post some pics the day the forums were shut down.

I had taken these before I assembled Apone (and I still haven't put Celtic Predator together), but I got a few of Hicks, Vasquez, and Scar Predator. I will say though, the Predators chest armor was extremely dificult to assemble. It seems like it's a bit too small for the torso, and you end up having to do some heavy tugging and pulling to get it done (lol!). Be prepared for a tough time with this if you get one...

They've also slated Robocop and ED209 for release. These look freakin great, especially that ED209, but I'm not a big enough Robocop fan to fork over the $$$. Here's a couple links to some auctions with lots of great pictures: Robocop (http://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TOYS-MOVIE-MASTERPIECE-Figure-1-6-12-ROBOCOP-NEW_W0QQitemZ6048195631QQcategoryZ27294QQssPageNam eZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) ED209 (http://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TOYS-MOVIE-MASTERPIECE-Figure-1-6-14-ROBOCOP-ED209_W0QQitemZ6048195575QQcategoryZ27294QQssPageN ameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

And here's my pics:

Sith Lord 0498
05-21-2006, 05:31 PM
I'm hoping they release a Predator from the original Schwarzenegger film. I'd order that in a heartbeat. The AVP Predators never really appealed to me very much. Still, they do look impressive.

jonthejedi
06-02-2006, 03:06 PM
Received my 14" Scar Predator from Hot Toys via Sideshow...most impressive all around & especially the packaging. Now if I just had directions???!!

Darth Cruel
06-22-2006, 10:19 PM
CRAP!!!! I don't even have any of the first 5 yet and now there are three more! Elder and Chopper Predators and Warrior Alien! At least they made an Alien like a lot of us hoped!

decadentdave
06-22-2006, 10:31 PM
Anybody know when/if Hot Toys will release the Terminator Endoskeleton they advertised on the back of the Corporal Hicks figure and on their website? They haven't updated the information on their site in months and all it says is "Coming Soon."

Darth Cruel
06-30-2006, 04:51 PM
It is going to be awfully expensive when it comes time to buy these. I would like to get one of each to keep MIB and one of each to open...and then some extra Aliens to gang up on the Space Marines grouped up and another bunch to gang up on the Predators grouped up. Hell...I think I am going to end up needing like 30 of them all together.

Darth Cruel
07-18-2006, 12:07 PM
CRAP! And now Sideshow is unveiling Ripley and two more Colonial Marines! I may be too far behind to catch up now.

jonthejedi
07-21-2006, 04:48 AM
Yes! There is a God! I've been waiting since '86 for a decent Ellen Ripley figure. When & how much? I don't care! Now Corp. Hicks will have company in my Ikea case. And more marines...where's Hudson?

jonthejedi
07-27-2006, 04:17 AM
I prebooked 1/6 scale Ripley from Hot Toys via Sideshow. Only thing is...I thought Ellen's eyes were brown???

decadentdave
07-27-2006, 12:04 PM
Yes, Ripley's eyes are brown. I noticed that too. Hopefully Hot Toys will correct this but it might be likely that Sigourney did not authorize the use of her likeness so they couldn't do an exact likeness of her. The paint ops (hair color, eye color) do seem a bit off.

As for Hudson, the pictures shown on Sideshow's product info page are actually for the Colonial Marines Frost figure. I saw them at SDCC. Hudson looks much better but still not an "exact" likeness of Bill Paxton. I also think the Terminator T-800 Battle Damaged figure was done because they could not use Arnold's likeness which is why his face is heavily battle damaged.

Darth Cruel
02-23-2007, 08:50 PM
Cool as hell that we are getting a Power-Loader for Ripley! Even cooler is that they will be 250.00 so they will be sort of out-of-range for some people making them easier to get! I can't wait!

Turbowars
02-23-2007, 10:30 PM
That's a pretty ridiculous and selfish way of thinking. :cross-eye

Darth Cruel
02-23-2007, 11:13 PM
That's a pretty ridiculous and selfish way of thinking. :cross-eye

You're joking, right?

evenflow
02-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Where does it say they will be 250.00?

Darth Cruel
02-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Where does it say they will be 250.00?

On Sideshow's Feb 22 podcast. In the beginning of the podcast there are interviews with Sideshow personnel at Toyfair. The third one (I forgot who it was) let's the price out as he is talking about the size, articulation (he says there is lots) and not knowing whether the caution light will work (for 250.00, it better!).

evenflow
02-28-2007, 07:37 PM
I hope he made a mistake becuase that just seems like too much.

jonthejedi
03-02-2007, 04:11 AM
...not when you see the pictures! It's up for prebook over at Sideshow right now. And the warning light DOES work. Sorry, Hasbro, but I won't be buying all your repacks during the year just to afford this baby. If you haven't ordered Ripley...I would hurry!

evenflow
03-02-2007, 02:04 PM
Well I am glad i pre-ordered it at BBTS, its 100.00 less than what sideshow has it listed for.

Darth Cruel
03-15-2007, 11:13 PM
The one that I saw at BBTS is only 10.00 less. And now the one coming from Sideshow will have Ripley with it for no extra charge!

jonthejedi
03-16-2007, 05:06 AM
...so take that BBTS, and I'll take my unique Ripley!

evenflow
03-16-2007, 11:48 AM
The one that I saw at BBTS is only 10.00 less. And now the one coming from Sideshow will have Ripley with it for no extra charge!

They changed the price, it was originally 100.00 less. Oh well, what can you do. They have also changed their description ot state it includes Ripley.

jonthejedi
03-16-2007, 02:36 PM
sorry, evenflow, but that price seemed suspicious from the getgo...like a typo or something.

Darth Cruel
03-16-2007, 05:27 PM
BBTS really needs to clarify that add. The title says with Ripley...the description says she is not included.

evenflow
03-18-2007, 05:35 PM
sorry, evenflow, but that price seemed suspicious from the getgo...like a typo or something.

I figured it was going to change, but i had hope. :) I returned my Ripley that i bought from Sideshow before the announcement was made. I could use the credit.

BountyHunterScum
04-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Y'all forgot Robocop which I currently have on order. I ordered the Robocop 3 with Jetpack. As bad as 3 was it was better than Robocop 2.

Darth Cruel
04-14-2007, 12:03 AM
I got the regular edition Ripley through the waitlist. I wonder if I got yours, evenflow. She is due to arrive soon! I have wanted to collect the Aliens and Preadtors figures from Hot Toys...but just didn't until the Power Loader hit me in the face. I'm on them now with a lot of catching up do.

evenflow
04-14-2007, 11:59 AM
I got the regular edition Ripley through the waitlist. I wonder if I got yours, evenflow. She is due to arrive soon! I have wanted to collect the Aliens and Preadtors figures from Hot Toys...but just didn't until the Power Loader hit me in the face. I'm on them now with a lot of catching up do.

That would be interesting if you got mine. Too bad there is no way to know.

Vi Cit Tecum
05-09-2007, 05:26 PM
these are easily the nicest figures I've seen. They went to extreme lengths to finally get a decent Aliens figure. The clips come out of the pistols, It looks like the emergency release handles on the "smart guns" actually work (I wasn't brave enough to pull it)

My observations on the figures Generation 1 (Hicks, Vasquez) I couldn't find Apone for a decent price. The heads look great but nothing like the actors ( I'm fine with this I was mainly interested in the uniform/weapons) The color of the camies is off (according to the paint guide for the small action figures that came out about 18 yrs ago they should have been shades of grey not mustard yellow, I havent had time to confirm with movie. The untied shoelaces are a pain in the but and look bad. Getting the foot/boot to snap on took some effort. There is a foot already in the boot and its hard to hold male end straight to fit in female end of leg. Hicks helmet does not fit on his head appropriatly. Vasquezs arms look really bad. When following the instructions it states to put the head on last which is very hard because it takes some effort and there is no solid place to grip figure.(this is true of both generations). Putting together the armor takes time and patience and a good strong set of finger nails. each clip and buckle actually work and to put this on the figure is exactly like it would be in real life except in micro size. pushing in the tabs with finger nail and apply enough pressure to separate but not brake clip. Still I love these figures and these are minor complaints for the quality of figure.

Generation 2 (Hudson, Ripley, Drake) The boots now have molded laces and there is no longer a foot in the boot its just one piece Yayy. The Marine figures now have little velcro name tags on uniform shirts (these were absent on generation 1 or atleast on the 2 I have) Drake has a rubber coated torso with molded veins which is really a step up from the first hard bodies. Which works really well with his sleeveless top. The bodie of hudson came assembled (hicks had to be screwed together. He came with a small screw driver which could be in scale with figure wasn't sure if it was accessory or the tool to put together) Drake I put the head on first so it was easier to do. ( this wont work with other marines due to armor. so put chest piece on head then rest of armor) Again difficulty with realistic scaled armor.

I want the rest of the Marines and to find Apone at a decent price

sergiurusu
07-15-2008, 02:35 AM
I recently received the Hot Toys Terminator Endoskeleton Regular version (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563335251cTdzar?start=84). I already have the Battle-Damaged version (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563335251cTdzar?start=60). Cannot wait for these guys to be displayed together when moving to the new house at the end of 2008. These are GREAT! Each finger, each toe, each "bone" in Endo's body can be moved and posed. Really unique! Maybe the best 1/6 figures ever: so detailed, so intricate, so cool.

Tycho
07-15-2008, 02:34 PM
One of my good friends got that Terminator as well. It's really nice!

He's also getting both versions of Batman, I believe.

There is also a great Tony Stark / Iron Man as well.

Hot Toys detail (especially The Predator, IMO) is incredible.

Additionally, my friend has the Powerloader from Aliens, with Ripley figure.

This stuff is really incredible.

That's his niche: collecting high-end merchandise from various popular movie franchises.

By contrast, I do Star Wars dioramas mostly.

My friend also has Hot Toys RoboCop, SideShow Star Wars / Indiana Jones, Takara Masterpiece Transformers (though I believe he buys Hasbro's premium paint scheme movie figures), Hot Toys Aliens stuff, and some kind of premium Spawn.

His collection is really nice. He's adding Hot Toys (?) Batmobile Tumbler to the collection when it ships. That is a 1/6 Tumbler! It will be huge and quite impressive. Probably his largest collection piece.

My largest piece might be Hasbro's BMF Falcon, by comparison. My most expensive: SideShow's Jabba the Hutt and throne environment.

sergiurusu
07-15-2008, 02:53 PM
All my 1/6 (12") figures:

Hot Toys

- Terminator Endoskeleton Battle Damaged
- Terminator Endoskeleton regular
- Appleseed Ex-Machina Deunan (I'm a big Masamune Shirow fan - creator of Appleseed and Ghost in the Shell)
- Appleseed Ex-Machina Briareos
- Appleseed Ex-Machina Tereus (pre-order)
- Predator 2 Battle Damaged
- Predator She Warrior Machiko (pre-order)

Sideshow

- Commander Praji (waiting for Vader and more Imperials) :)

Takara

- Appleseed Deunan Cy Girls

Medicom RAH

- ROTJ Darth Vader
- Stormtrooper
- Black Hole Stormtrooper (Shadow Stormie)
- Sandtrooper
- Royal Guard (pre-order)
- Ghost in the Shell Motoko Kusanagi (pre-order)

Hasbro

- Scout on Speederbike (waiting for SS or Medicom to make a proper Scout)
- R2-D2
- Death Star Droid and Mouse Droid

As you can see speaking of non-SW, I'm mostly interested in Hot Toys Endoskeletons, Predator 2 (no AVP with the exception of that hot Machiko She Predator (http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37097)), Predator 1 (not released yet) and Appleseed/GITS. :thumbsup:

sergiurusu
07-16-2008, 12:13 PM
just received today:

Tycho
07-16-2008, 12:29 PM
Do they market those as a model kit?

sergiurusu
07-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Do they market those as a model kit?

Yes. You need to assemble it, and I'm a bit afraid of this since I'm not so talented at model kits. The only Hot Toys that don't need assembly are the Terminator Endoskeletons which come completely assembled due to the intricate design - it would be nearly impossible to do it yourself.

I'll be moving in a couple of months and I'd rather keep this Predator (and other 1/6 Hot Toys I have) boxed until having proper display space for him. But once I move all my figures, statues and props will be displayed

jedi master sal
07-16-2008, 03:47 PM
How much was this Predator? Looks cool, but I'm certain it's out of the range I'm willing to spend on it.

Tycho
07-17-2008, 12:07 AM
Those Hot Toys sets usually START at $150.00.

My friend buys stuff like that, and Medicom. I hear of him paying outrageous prices like $200 for something.

I think only with SideShow's Jabba the Hutt set-up with the throne, did I really go that far.

sergiurusu
07-17-2008, 03:02 AM
the price was $120

Tycho
07-17-2008, 09:46 AM
Well, that's not bad. It's almost ashame that SideShow would encroach on that price for their basic 12". Well maybe. SideShow has to have all those clothes sewn and so on. Then they just put 'em together for you.

Aayla Secura cost me $70.

sergiurusu
12-27-2008, 03:10 AM
I already received HT Tereus and Machiko and RAH Motoko

sergiurusu
12-27-2008, 03:16 AM
The original Predator is coming!! :thumbsup:

evenflow
12-27-2008, 09:48 AM
I am going to pick up Dutch.

sergiurusu
12-28-2008, 04:10 AM
Predator
- Realistic based 1/6 scale (14 inches/ 35 cm tall) Predator from the first Predator movie
- over 24 points of articulations
- Highly detailed armory and figure body with newly developed body chest , arms
- Removable mask with light-up laser nets( battery operated)
- Real fabric net body suit
- Interchangeable open and closed mandibles
- Articulated Shoulder Cannon
- Extendable Wrist Blades
- Wrist Computer
- Bone Trophies
- Highly detailed Medical kit
- Interchangeable hands
- Jungle featured display base

Dutch
+ Uniform
- Sleeveless shirt