PDA

View Full Version : "Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels" - Anyone buy it??

Sith Lord 0498
01-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Can anyone give some in-depth details about what exactly this book contains. Reviews are hard to come by, and the sample shots on starwars.com are too small to be read. I'd like to save up for it, but I don't want it to be a huge waste of money if it's rehashed material. For the record, I have all three "Making Of" prequel books, all three "Art Of" prequel books, all three prequel "Visual Dictionaries", "Complete Locations", and "Ultimate Visual Guide." Does this book expose mostly all new info and pics or is it just rehashing material?

Any help would be terrific!!

Sentinel18725
01-08-2006, 06:24 PM
I recieved this for Christmas from the girl I am seeing. I have this and the OT version. Here is my quick review/opinion of this book.

First: Overview:

The slipcover is not as good as the first Chronicles book. IT is hard to remove and the edge appears to be adhesively attached rather than constructed into it.

My slipcase has actually started ripping from removing it from the case only 3 times....not good construction. It is too tight a fit for the case.

Photos:

The photos are wonderful! The pictures of the live action individuals are stunning. The prop photos are good also.

The reference material is great!

My other two complaints about it are the pages devoted to the "making of". It might be my opinion but I feel that the making of the prequels has been over played and is used in too many sources. It's in magazines, websites, books, included in books. the information is just way to available. I would have prefered having a consolidated source like in the OT, two videos and a book. All the "making of" seems to be the same stuff over and over

The other complaint is the large number of CG images that are found throughout the book. I understand the need for them but these same images are found in SW Insider quite frequently

If you are looking for a good, solid library of quality star Wars materials, this should be included. I feel that the original trilogy chronicles is a much better book than this.

This book is worth getting.

Now, just got to get my hands on that Dressing the Galaxy book ...deluxe.

Any other questions, ask away!

Sith Lord 0498
01-11-2006, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the info!!

It sounds like all I'd be getting is additional reference pictures...not something I'd want to spend $100 on. Granted, it sounds like it'd be a great book if I didn't own all the other books that I have.

At least now I can use that money toward a Sideshow fig, GG bust, or something else. :)