PDA

View Full Version : Toyfair Toy Show 2006!

Val Da Car
01-09-2006, 12:04 AM
Who from SSG is going?

What do you expect to see from Hasbro & other SW Licensees?

Will Hasbro Answer questions? (like the Hasbrotoystore promo from last year's conventions with every figure and then to back out of the deal, C3 I think)

Any new ideas for the lines?

Toyfare magazine online poll for fodder for multiple upcoming figures from the Line.

Other Battle Pack ideas, new or rehash/remold ship ideas?

SirSteve
01-09-2006, 09:46 AM
I'll be there! ;)

Usually it's a difficult time for Hasbro Q&A. They normally rush you in and rush you out as so they have to go through so many appointments.

Val Da Car
01-09-2006, 03:22 PM
Please let us know when we can post TF 2k6 questions for you to review.

Sentinel18725
01-09-2006, 09:40 PM
What's the date for this and when can we expect to see images and information from it? I believe it's sometime in January but I'm not sure.

Fluke Skywalker
01-09-2006, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I'm anxious to hear what they have in store for the 30th anniversary and if the reports of more VOTC figures later this year are true.

JediTricks
01-09-2006, 09:44 PM
NY Toy Fair is Feb 12-15 this year, I believe.

As for questions, Hasbro wasn't able to deal with the questions we had for them last year, so I am thinking maybe we should wait till afterwards when they get back to Rhode Island. You can run them by me though, I usually put the question lists together for Hasbro, Lego, and Master Replicas.

Kidhuman
01-09-2006, 11:07 PM
Are you going to post a section for it like you do every year or use this one?

JediTricks
01-10-2006, 09:50 PM
I'm not going to bother.

TheDarthVader
01-10-2006, 11:18 PM
I wish I could go to TF. Anyone want to pay my way? I live in Texas.
Where are all of the rich SSG users? lol

B.
TDV

DarkArtist
01-11-2006, 10:33 AM
I was lucky to get to go to Toy Fair a few years ago when I worked for a local comic book store but have not been able to go since. The bonus was the Vader figure.

I am hoping I can get to go to the general public screening this year with my wife but who knows. Will have to wait and see. I can't remeber exactly where it is located in NY but people can at times visit the regular Hasbro showroom. I want to say it's a few blocks away from the Toy Fair convention center.

Jango Speck
01-11-2006, 03:07 PM
Where are all of the rich SSG users? lol

They're all poor now due to serious army building. (See rebelscum for pix):D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-11-2006, 05:26 PM
So, can we post questions that may or may not be answered?

JediTricks
01-13-2006, 04:11 PM
If you want, I'll compile them and pass them along, but don't expect Hasbro to actually answer them during TF.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Okay, cool. Thanks if you do; thanks anyway if you don't.

Will the Saga collection be around next year, or we will get a new 30th anniversary line?

Will there be more than the current 12 hologram figures?

What's the deal with the Death Star they mentioned at CIII? ("Bigger than ever" or something, they said.)

JediTricks
01-13-2006, 04:46 PM
In the future, please separate your questions with line breaks or something so I can tell them apart quickly.

Like the break between this sentence and the last one. And Like I did to your questions just now. :p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-13-2006, 04:54 PM
In the future, please separate your questions with line breaks or something so I can tell them apart quickly.

Like the break between this sentence and the last one. And Like I did to your questions just now. :p
Aaaaaaaaaaaanaaaaaaaaaaal. ;) :D

JediTricks
01-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Hey, you try going through a thread with a hundred different questions and compiling them into a managable, readable list.

Turbowars
01-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Why bother, hasbro doesn't answer them anyways.

evenflow
01-13-2006, 11:23 PM
I am going to Toy Fair, but never have any luck getting into the Hasbro show room. You figure with a media pass it would work, but they just dont seem to care.

JediTricks
01-13-2006, 11:48 PM
Why bother, hasbro doesn't answer them anyways.
They might answer them a few days after the show, when buzz is still high, but then again they might not. This time I'll really have to organize the questions by importance.

jjreason
01-14-2006, 01:55 AM
Could you ask them to stop making figures so that I can start saving money?

*ducks tomato*

I thought not.

Darth Cruel
01-14-2006, 09:52 AM
They might answer them a few days after the show, when buzz is still high, but then again they might not. This time I'll really have to organize the questions by importance.

JT - I very much want to know why Hasbro chose not to increase the quality of the 12" line even if it meant a higher price point. Why did they sell it?

And tell their reps that I am very bemused at having been forced to mingle (even if it is just electronically) with some of the regular Sideshow scalper clientel (if you read the messages on Sideshow's website, you'll see what I mean by how rude some of them are).

Darth Cruel
01-14-2006, 02:04 PM
Here is another one or two I just thought of. I put them in a separate post in case you already looked at the previous on. I don't want you to miss these.

2) Why does Habro create different assortments? Why Aren't the case assortments loyal to the wave?

3) How is it determined what case assortments go to what store? If it is the store's choice, what do they base their choice on?