PDA

View Full Version : I can't stand Ryan Seacrest

El Chuxter
01-10-2006, 01:10 AM
Seriously. The guy is a ripe turd. I'm glad his attempt to expand his small fan base blew up in his face, but I'm still sick of the moron. He annoys me even more than a hypothetical spawn of Hillary Duff and Carrot Top (which I'm not sure he isn't).

"Seacrest out"? WTF? That pompous rooster-donkey. I really want to give this guy a serious BK. (The 'K' stands for 'kick'; use your imagination for the 'B.')

Kidhuman
01-10-2006, 01:13 AM
I agree, he is a certifiable jerk lover

Tonysmo
01-10-2006, 04:53 AM
jealous much? :D

what exactly did he do to upset you so much?

not that Im a huge fan or anything.. I just dont see the point in letting someone get under my skin so much.. I mean.. he is no <insert despised fourmite here> :)

Ill guess he took your long time goodbye and made it his own..

Chuxter Out!

I dunno.. seriously.. hating this guy seems like a waste of your energy.

there are SOOO many other more important people to hate. :)

JEDIpartner
01-10-2006, 10:55 AM
...like Fantasia Barrino?

Rocketboy
01-10-2006, 01:17 PM
I really want to give this guy a serious BK. (The 'K' stands for 'kick'; use your imagination for the 'B.')I don't like the guy either, but kicking his Beagle?
That's just not right...

figrin bran
01-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Chuxter, i take it you're more of a carson daly fan? :p

well, we los angeles residents have suffered years of his mind numbing act and so we finally decided that the rest of the country should suffer along with us! (that goes for both seacrest and daly)

Kidhuman
01-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Hey Daly just moved from NYC out there. He couldnt cut it in a real city. :p :beard:

CaptainSolo1138
01-11-2006, 09:46 AM
I'm in the small minority here. Not because I like Dr. Douche....errrr....Seacrest, but because I voluntarily watch "American Idol" and tolerate his shennanigans weekly. I'll tell you guys more.........after a quick commercial break.

El Chuxter
01-11-2006, 11:04 AM
That's part of what makes it so bad: I like American Idol aside from Ryan and Paula's stupidity. That and the nonstop, obviously fake bad auditions at the beginning of every season.

CaptainSolo1138
01-11-2006, 11:39 AM
That and the nonstop, obviously fake bad auditions at the beginning of every season.You think they're fake? I think the environment is staged (seriously, who in their right mind would put Mary Roach thru for consideration?), but I think those people truly feel they have talent. That's what makes it so painful and fun to watch.

El Chuxter
01-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Some of them, yes. And some of them know they're bad and want to be on TV. But that leaves an awful lot of talentless folks. Do you believe there are that many people who are that bad and that deluded, and don't have someone who will stop them and say, "Uh, don't"?

CaptainSolo1138
01-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Do you believe there are that many people who are that bad and that deluded, and don't have someone who will stop them and say, "Uh, don't"?Honestly? Yes, I do. That show is full of people who think they're the best thing since (insert awesome innovation). Even if they know they're bad (because at least some of them have to know it), they also know that they'll get their time in the spotlight. See: William Hung. That FAS posterboy should have never even made it on TV, let alone have a "hit" album(s). But he went in there and made a total jackass out of himself and people bought that garbage for several reasons: a) Kitsch b) Pity c) They were drunk at the time

In short, they know they're bad but do it anyway for the attention.

Kidhuman
01-11-2006, 04:08 PM
For both of you....

A girl I know went ot one of the auditions in North Carolina a few months back. Shre said when she auditioned, it was the first of three and she didnt make it. She also said that they were saccepting horrible singers just for the fact of getting them on TV. The auditions werent even in front of the 3 main judges, just producers and stuff. The whole thing is basically a fix.

Jargo
01-12-2006, 02:45 PM
American Idol, is that the one with Brit Simon Cowell as one of the 'judges'? Coz I can assure the British version 'Pop Idol' was turgid and tawdry viewing. and yes there are that many numbskulls out thre willing to put themselves through the audition process just to see their 'attempt' on the telly box.

15 minutes of fame can be the world to some people with no talent and no shame and no self respect. Over here there were thousands upon thousands of entrants and most of them were tone deaf and looked like they were as far from being the next big thing as it's possible to be.

I know not who this seaquest person of whom you speak is, but i know of the style of presenting common to such 'talent' shows with grinny toothy peresenters who have the IQ of a gnat and the common sense of a feral cat high on crack. I call it Kasey Kasem syndrome. Eternally chipper and sacharin sweet. the ability to speak while grinning an insane Joker style grin. A mouth full of far too many teeth and a patina of caked on perma tan make-up. coiffed hair and a dress sense like the Brady bunch work in wardrobe.

I'm waffling. Talent shows suck the life out of you as you watch. It's time you'll never ever get back. don't waste it on such crappy cruddy poopy nonsense.

Kidhuman
01-12-2006, 04:50 PM
Yes, Simon is on the show.

Jargo
01-12-2006, 09:27 PM
thank you. could you summarise your reply please. I'm not quite sure I grasped the essentials of it all. :p

Kidhuman
01-13-2006, 01:44 AM
Simon, as in Cowell, is on American Idol, as i nthe UK ripoff show.

Jargo
01-20-2006, 10:24 PM
OMG! I finally saw the second week show of whatever season of american idol they're showing here. I haven't laughed til I cried in years and yet that show reduced me to tears of mirth. So bad it's glorious.
From the cowboy dude who is so nervous he can't even speak a complete word "I've only ever sung to a turkey before" to the guy in pajamas who can't even pronounce a word let alone make a coherent sentence. And the fat chick doing Bjork, or the guy singing death metal tracks like he has a full band behind him just roaring imcomprehesibly. And Paula just trying to find anything remotely appreciative to say. Oh and the guy who sang a song from the wizard of oz but only the scarecrows part. he was fantastic. I kept leaving the room when Ryan was talking and just coming back once i heard the singing *cough* :grin:
I will definitely be watching american idol. it's so trashy and awful it's like a freeway pile up of the human race condensed and then vomited onto the screen. scary and horrible but so enjoyable to watch happen.
Those auditionees are so - extreme! I'm embracing having the life sucked out of me for the duration of the show. I'll hate myself aftrwards but man it's funny.

El Chuxter
01-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Indeed it is, Jargo. Funny thing is, there've actually been a few talented people mixed in. Bo from last season, though everything he's released has sucked (shades of Kelly Clarkson here), actually did a version of "Whipping Post" that matched, if not topped, the Allman Brothers.

Sadly, these folks get the votes, get sucked into a contract with no creative control, and the faceless producers completely miss why people liked them and have them churn out mindless drivel.

Jargo
01-22-2006, 03:50 PM
:yes: true. we have several similarly themed shows here and they all produce great singers as finalists and then the material afterwards on commercial release sucks.
On the last season of The X-Factor, where Simon Cowell also judges, he was backing a terrible duo who not only looked weird had some sort of strange brotherly love thing going on...., Sharon Osbourne was backing a guy who could sing but only appeared to be able to sing classic soul. The other judge who manages a band called Westlife, backed a guy called Shayne Ward who looked the part and sang the part to the winning place. A fabulous voice, an engaging stage presence and a real genuine personality. then his first single out of his 1,000,000 contract was a terrible song about winning X-factor itself. still got to number one in the pop chart though.
Shayne is contracted for a year and I fully expect whatever he puts out in that year will be dross. after that hopefully he'll fine a better manager and gain some sort of creative freedom to really let him flourish and try some stuff that suits him better.

on another show, Soapstar Superstar they took actors from Britains best known soaps, gave them songs to sing and the public voted for the performances they liked best and each night voted for the song the actors would sing next. Now it has to be said that the whole show was for a charitable cause, so it wasn't quite the same beast as idol etc. but it did produce one shining light. a sixteen year old called Richard Fleeshman. quite an amazing voice, it didn't seem to matter which genre they gave him a song from he mastered it and gave a fabulous performance. vocally at least. he needs a stylist and a movememnt/dance coach and a couple of years to mature into his voice but he really could be the guy to cross the atlantic and make it big globally. Again, he's engaging and has a genuine personality, is unaffected and has an amazingly warm smile. his vocal range is massive and he sang stuff from Van Morrison to swing to rock to pop to - well he sang the whole gamut really. Making him for me, the one to watch. He also plays several instruments and writes his own material in his spare time.

all these competitions should be about finding similar sorts of acts/singers not this endless parade of freaks and then people singing the same crap we already have in the charts. new talent, new material. judges who are also talented and also artists. not two bit has-beens and second rate managers and agents.

I get bored after the auditions and tend to listen to the show rather than watch and only walk through to watch if I hear someone talented making a good noise. which sad to say isn't often. If these shows were less frequent and demanded a higher level of entrant perhaps it would be more worthwhile. but to me it's just the money spinning way they get the public to vote that results in more seasons more frequently that's the star of the show. And how do any of us know that our votes are really being counted? those numbers and percentages could be made up and the whole thing rigged. How safe is the adjudication of the voting, who counts the votes, who checks the counts?

who gave me caffeine?:frus:

Jargo
01-29-2006, 09:46 PM
oooh y'know what. I can't stand Ryan Seacrest. the unctious buffoon. the blot on the face of unctiousness.

simon cowell just walked out. haha there's a surprise. not. frickin frackin attention seeker. I'd love to boil wash his briefs so they're all too tight and then we'd see who's so tough huh? huh? huh? mister pointy toe boots and black polo neck sweater, mr. coiffured hair to hide the balding, mister I'm so clever yet have no taste whatsoever. mister 'love to hate him' no i don't love to hate you i hate to hate you because it means you're still around for me to be hating at all so just form a scab and drop off huh? take a short walk off a long pier no a long walk off a short pier. yeah take that mister pants waistband underneath your moobs like an old man. take that. ha!

2-1B
02-15-2006, 05:14 AM
Honestly? Yes, I do. That show is full of people who think they're the best thing since (insert awesome innovation)

horseless sleighs