PDA

View Full Version : No new vehicles for 2006

jedi master sal
01-10-2006, 03:42 PM
According to a report on another collecting site, hasbro plans to rerelease the 4 mid-sized ships from ROTS.

These are:
Anakin's Jedi Starfighter
Droid Tri-Fighter
Grievous' Wheel Bike
Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter

As yet, it is unclear what color Jedi Starfighters these are.
There are no plans to make new vehicles. Mostly due to cost of new molds.

What crap I say. Fans have been desperately clamoring for AT-TEs, Sith Infiltrator, etc., for some years now. If they don't make them by the end of 2007, I'd venture to say that tere will NEVER be a new SW ship made by Hasbro EVER again.

Thoughts, feelings, opinions?

-Sal

Slicker
01-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Don't forget about the rumors of the AT-AT being re-released in its ROTJ scheme. I would assume that it's gonna have a little bit of green paint around its feet.

rich_of_the_dead
01-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Don't forget about the rumors of the AT-AT being re-released in its ROTJ scheme. I would assume that it's gonna have a little bit of green paint around its feet.

its in the toys r us computer @ my bro's store

Darth Cruel
01-10-2006, 04:19 PM
Looks like I'm gonna need to learn to customize!

Droid
01-10-2006, 04:34 PM
I'd just be happy with the Cloud Car.

JEDIpartner
01-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Damn!! I was hoping that they'd clearance the rest of the wheel bikes! If they had put it down to $10, I'd buy one for sure!! (even though the cockpit is on the wrong side!!!)

Hellboy
01-10-2006, 04:51 PM
I'm not that surprised. Hasbro has made it pretty clear that they're not to interested in producing much in the way of vehicles or playsets. The action figure market is their bread and butter but they better be careful because eventually it could lose steam if they don't give kids and collectors something other than repaints a re-releases to put their figures into.

Kidhuman
01-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Damn!! I was hoping that they'd clearance the rest of the wheel bikes! If they had put it down to $10, I'd buy one for sure!! (even though the cockpit is on the wrong side!!!)

They made it to 15 here, but then shot out of the store.

I tend to agree, why re-release things that made it to clearance? It is dumb. We shoould get new molds and new vehicles. AT-TE's, Turbo Tanks, Cloud Cars, Solar Sailer and Sith Infiltraitors would be much much better. We are not going ot keep buying the same things over and over.

El Chuxter
01-10-2006, 05:28 PM
On the other hand, it will be nice to not have several hundred dollars worth of SW to buy in less than a month. :)

starwarsfan1
01-10-2006, 05:45 PM
I might be tempted to buy Greivous Wheelbike again if they put the seat on the correct side. How did they make such a dumb mistake and not correct it?. Is hasbro getting dumber with there vehicles or are they just not trying anymore?

Sith Lord 0498
01-10-2006, 06:59 PM
I might be tempted to buy Greivous Wheelbike again if they put the seat on the correct side. How did they make such a dumb mistake and not correct it?. Is hasbro getting dumber with there vehicles or are they just not trying anymore?

It may have been one of those cases where Hasbro made the molds and prototypes and whatnot and then Lucas altered the wheelbike. Lucas edited and tweaked the movie all the way up to the last minute (and we all know it won't be the end of it), so it's very likely the Hasbro version is an earlier version of Grievous' wheelbike.

Although...it would be nice for them to correct it now that it's being re-released, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Jayspawn
01-10-2006, 08:16 PM
The ROTS Vehicles are good ones, but NO new vehicles stinks big time!

DarthBrandon
01-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Lets get together & create them ourselves, would probably end up happening way before Hasblow gets around to anything new.

K M Toydarian
01-11-2006, 02:37 AM
MAYBE we will get the alternate paint job ROTS Jedi Starfighter (TRU exclusive) re-released as general releases. I didn't pick those up, but I might at 19.99. They certainly have room to repaint the Starfighters and create something semi new.

jedi master sal
01-11-2006, 04:31 AM
I'm SOOO tired of seeing Jedi Starfighters. The only one I'd even consider at this point is a Mace Windu Purple JSF. Clone Wars or ROTS version.

Why the hell can't they make a droid rickshaw? It's small! WOuldn't cost alot to make. Hell make it an exclusive and they'll sell tons of them.

In fact, that's probably the best way to sell vehicles right now. Every new vehicle becomes an exclusive to one of the big retailers. Each one gets a turn, so it draws people into the store.

If Wal*Mat doesn't want to carry something as large as an AT-TE then ask the next retailer and so on. Some company out there (other than internet stores) has got to want to sell this stuff. Kmart IMO had one of the best exclusives and unfortunately ordered way to low on them, that being the most populat Jedi Temple Assault pack. If they got a popular or most wanted ship in, I'd sure as heck shop there. Price be damned as we know there would be no other store to carry it. (Not that they should gouge us mind you) But doing these all as exclusives would undoubtedly cost more per ship. And yes, some people would be screwed because they don't have every retailer around them. I can't solve that, other than to say make friends here and see if someone would hook you up.

TheDarthVader
01-11-2006, 11:29 AM
Well this news sucks. I was looking forward to getting some more vehicles in 06. I hope that rumor is eventually proven true, and Hasbro releases the AT-AT again in the ROTJ scheme. I am going to buy a couple of those.

B.
TDV

DarthQuack
01-11-2006, 01:16 PM
I'd be happy with the Republic Gunship for all us that got shafted on not getting it. But I would also agree with DV, AT-AT's would be nice again.

DarkArtist
01-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Yeah I agree that this news about no new ships sucks. I was hoping for something new, perhaps even something old that is just re-done ie the Saga TIE.
I'm still holding out for the Clone Starfighter seen in the Clone Wars Series. I thought that ship was cool and would make a great piece to have. :yes: :yes:
As far as rumored, what ever happened to the Wedge and X-Wing Set ?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Nowhere in that thing does it say that there'll be NO new ships next year. It also doesn't say whether more will be re-released, or even if those ships will be re-released for sure.

I doubt we'll get new vehicles but I bet we'll see many exclusive repaints/retools.

TheDarthVader
01-11-2006, 06:46 PM
Now that we have the wedge figure all we need is wedge's x-wing fighter. It would make complete sense to release this ship. It wouldn't make sense to do a set. If sold alone, I know I'd buy one.

B.
TDV

Umbra
01-11-2006, 08:24 PM
I'd be happy with the Republic Gunship for all us that got shafted on not getting it. But I would also agree with DV, AT-AT's would be nice again.

I agree, I want my gunship ;-;

I think the only other vehicle i might buy is the solar sailor, that would be nifty

Slicker
01-11-2006, 08:27 PM
I think the only other vehicle i might buy is the solar sailor, that would be niftyAnd it wouldn't be tough. They already have the mold for the Geonosian fighter and that looks nearly the same as the solar sailor. All they have to do is add some cheesy fabric or plastic (maybe a plastic parachute from one of those army men you throw up in the air.:thumbsup: ) and you're good.

jjreason
01-12-2006, 12:51 AM
As horrible as this sounds - I really don't want any more vehicles. I'm going to buy a vintage cloud car, and that will do if for my collection. I simply don't have the room to display what I have, let alone anything new. :sad:

Devo
01-12-2006, 12:16 PM
And it wouldn't be tough. They already have the mold for the Geonosian fighter and that looks nearly the same as the solar sailor. All they have to do is add some cheesy fabric or plastic (maybe a plastic parachute from one of those army men you throw up in the air.:thumbsup: ) and you're good.

Based off the Geonosian fighter, are you serious? Regardless of whether it looks like the solar sailor its far too small. Try fitting a Dooku figure into the cockpit of a Geonosian starfighter and that alone should tell you how much of a mistake that idea would be.

TheDarthVader
01-12-2006, 12:24 PM
If I am going to buy a solar sailor then it would have to have a new hull. I wouldn't want them to base it off the geonosian fighter. The sailor is very different in design. You have a larger cockpit for one...as pointed out. It seems like that cockpit would fit two or three figures. The parachute would be nice if they used a good plastic. I would buy one.

B.
TDV

Scackmgack
01-12-2006, 12:51 PM
In my mind no new vehicles would mean the beginning of the end of the Star Wars line, the same way it began to die after Jedi was released and the hype ended. It is new vehicles and new figures which create the excitement among the collectors, and let's face it with the end of the movies the little kids' "toys for Christmas" market just ended. Without new media endeavors in the face of the children, the Star Wars toy line doesn't have anything to propel it beyond the collector market.

Therefore, it is even more important that Hasbro create new figures and new vehicles to keep us collecting. Take the Pit of Carkoon wave, for example - sure, most of them are not just rehashes but superior molds - but I am passing on them anyway. Sure the Boushh Leia is much better than the SotE mold - but I already have a Boushh inside a Jabba's Palace diorama and I just don't need another one, much less to pay an outrageous $6.99 for it.

Same thing with Bib and Han. The Boba is a straight re-hash (been there, done that) as is the skiff pilot. Don't need 'em.

I MAY consider Chewie for the new chain, but that's it. Wave skipped. Don't need 'em.

There aren't enough completists to support full runs of these figures if all they hit us with are new molds of existing figures and re-hashes. Hasbro needs NEW product to keep us collecting.

Know what I was most excited about this month? The Republic Attack Cruiser Titaniums, because this is the first time we've had a chance to get a Venator in any form whatsoever. I bought three of them for display.

I am looking forward to Sora Bulq and Scorch from the new wave. Again, new figures. They'll get me going to the stores to look. Looking forward to Cody and the Utapau Clone Trooper and the Fire Ship Pilot.

I don't believe the jury is in on getting new vehicles, but if Hasbro is so unwilling to put effort into the line so as to only give us lame repaints, I don't think it bodes well at all, especially not with the television show being put off.

We may be relegated to the days of Droids and Ewoks when the new Clone Wars series comes out, and being stuck with the "animated-style" figures which really don't go with the established lines and collections.

I think we need to give up on the AT-TE, though. It's not going to happen, which is a damned shame. The Republic never got a ground vehicle to set up opposite the AAT and Hailfire Droid.

Devo
01-12-2006, 01:29 PM
I just don't need another one, much less to pay an outrageous $6.99 for it.

:yes: to everything you say up to and after this sentence. You guys don't know how lucky you are paying a mere $6.99 for figures. Come to my country and you'd pay the equivalent of $15.00...assuming you find the figures you want...which is not guaranteed.

The Republic never got a ground vehicle to set up opposite the AAT and Hailfire Droid.

Yeah thats annoying. The AT-RT hardly counts IMO.

jedi master sal
01-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Know what I was most excited about this month? The Republic Attack Cruiser Titaniums, because this is the first time we've had a chance to get a Venator in any form whatsoever. I bought three of them for display.

~~in his best Yoda dying voice~~
"There is another, Ven-a-tor..."

Really there is. Revell made a model of it. Unfortunately for those of us in the States, we never saw them as they were a European exclusive. Dumb if you ask me, as it's a fantastic model. I bought one through eBay. They are few and far between and you'll pay with shipping usually no less than $50 for it. But it's BIG and detailed! Bigger than the regular Star Destroyer Model. When I contacted Revell to ask them why this was a European only exclusive, I was given something like this (I can't remember it word for word), "The market for models is better in Europe." I asked why then did we have all the other models, but not this one? They didn't have an answer for that.

Bummed me out too as I KNOW had this been made available here, I would have bought at least 10 of them. As it were only got the one, though I had the chance to get three more, but was trying to help out other local collectors if they wanted to get in on the purchase. By the time they said no and I got back to the seller, the models were gone... sigh

Anyway, I'm glad they came out with the Titaniums ones. Though I'm not satisfied with the detail. The creavces on the majority of the ship are too deep. I konw it was probably done to show more detail, but I think it detracts from them. Ah well, I still ended up buying 6 of them anyway, to help fill out my Battle of Coruscant diorama.

Here's a pic if you want to see what I'm talking about:
http://www.hannants.co.uk/pics//RV4860.jpg

I'm hoping to make molds for the two main Seperatist battleships and molds for Grievous flagship. I'm going to need them if I want the Venators to have anything to blow-up...