PDA

View Full Version : 24: Day 5

Hellboy
01-10-2006, 04:38 PM
Anyone else getting excited for the premiere of the fifth season of 24? I think this season has quite a bit of potential and looks considerably different now that Jack is on the run and no longer a part of CTU. I haven't read anything concerning the cast yet but I'm interested to see who will be returning besides Chloe and President Palmer who are seen in the commercials FOX has been running.

Kudos to Fox for running the entire season from beginning to end (January through May) with no repeats. :thumbsup: I sure wish other networks (ABC:p) would do this, especially with shows that have a continuous story arc.

UKWildcat
01-10-2006, 06:46 PM
Anyone else getting excited for the premiere of the fifth season of 24?

Hell yea I'm excited!!! :D

And we kick off Season 5 with a 2 Night, 4 Hour Premiere. That's what I'm talkin' about Willis!

DarthBrandon
01-16-2006, 02:12 AM
Man what a shocker is all I'm going to say, this was the best one so far to start the season off. I'll wait till the rest of you have seen it before I post thoughts on this.

jonthejedi
01-16-2006, 04:41 AM
....that 1st 10 minutes, mygosh, I'm still shaking. What a season this looks to be!

Mandalorian Candidat
01-16-2006, 02:32 PM
Day-um! Just great so far! I loved the opening but I wish they hadn't offed Michelle. She was good eye candy. Doesn't that kid look like Anna Paquin dressed up like a guy?

I heard Sean Astin is in it tonight and will be for other episodes. Anyone know what his role will be? "Maybe I can carry your gun for you Mr. Bauer."

dr_evazan22
01-16-2006, 03:13 PM
What a beginning! I think I'll like seeing some new blood in the show. From the little bit that I saw Michelle, it looks like she was really starting to show her age. I'm glad Tony is still alive. Even with his head trauma, he should be back to normal by hour 7 or so.

I was starting to peg the Secret Service guy as a mole. Who else? I also think the guy that was with Chloe is one, too, especially after not showing concern that she wasn't there even though he knew she was on her way. Was Chloe's position mentioned? Is she just another analyst again? And why were the bad guys able to follow her (cell phone) to the refinery, buy CTU couldn't?

I'm glad 24 is back, looking forward to the other show tonight.

Oh yeah - I love Jack's love interest. I thought she was totally hot on Spin City.

Hellboy
01-16-2006, 05:38 PM
WOW what a premiere. I expected some shake ups but nothing on this level. I can't wait to see what happens next, this show's upredictability really sets it apart from the majority of the cookie cutter shows out there.

To bad Michelle was killed but I hope Tony survives as he is one of my favorite characters. One character I could do without is Edgar, that guy drives me nuts. President Logan is a complete jacka$$ too so hopefully he won't be around all season either. Mike Novak would make a much better President.

And why were the bad guys able to follow her (cell phone) to the refinery, buy CTU couldn't?

They didn't track her using her cell because she got rid of it after the initial chase. I'm thinking she must not have ditched them as she thought and they followed the cab she was in to the refinery.

UKWildcat
01-16-2006, 06:03 PM
That was an excellent premiere!!! That 2 hours just flew by. It is a shame what happened to Michelle, but I was even more upset with what happened to Palmer. But they did need to make some changes/shake things up and they definitely accomplished that. Something severe needed to happen in order to bring Jack back and it did. I am glad that Tony didn't die and I hope he pulls through and recovers.

One character I could do without is Edgar, that guy drives me nuts. President Logan is a complete jacka$$ too so hopefully he won't be around all season either. Mike Novak would make a much better President.

I couldn't agree more. Edgar is really annoying but he doesn't bother me nearly as much as Logan. Yea, hopefully Logan will get shot in the face and won't be on the show much longer. I know... thats rough.

Anyways... I can't wait to see what unfolds next. Maybe Sam Wise Gam..., I mean Sean Astin, will make an appearance tonight. I am wondering what his role will be too.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-16-2006, 10:40 PM
Indeed, an excellent premiere. I lost track of time here at the computer though, and missed the first five minutes. I was able to pretty much figure out what was going on pretty quickly, though. I think most of what I missed was shown in the "previously on 24" clips at the beginning of hour 2.

I better sign off now so I don't miss the start of hour 3.

jjreason
01-17-2006, 12:59 AM
That was some excellent stuff - both nights. So far the "Jackism" of this year has been "Kid, the only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry you." Awwww YEAH!!!! :yes:

mastermatt24
01-18-2006, 12:09 AM
I sure wish other networks (ABC:p) would do this,
Yea me too.. (can ya tell I like ABC? :p )

Im glad its back, this has been one of my favorite shows for a long time. The writers sure did an incredible job.

mrmiller
01-28-2006, 10:01 AM
That last episode was a close one. I thought Jack was going to go an hour without killing anyone. But at the last minute he pulled it out with some surgical scissors to the neck. W00t for Jack.

This show continues to be the best show on TV.

=MATT=

Mad Slanted Powers
02-21-2006, 11:54 PM
Master Samwise is getting to be a bit of a problem. Gandalf needs to show up and set him straight.

dr_evazan22
02-22-2006, 11:58 AM
I missed last weeks - had set VCR, but tape was so used up it didn't show up clearly.

How is it everyone else at CTU didn't notice Lynn was beat up and mugged? Waiting to see how the sisters boyfriend will get the keycard to the terrorists.

For some reason I think that Logan's wife will be involved with the terrorists.

UKWildcat
03-06-2006, 10:14 PM
WOW!!! Thats all I can say... WOW!!!

Mad Slanted Powers
03-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Indeed. Yet one more reason to stay away from the drugs. And get rich quick schemes.

mastermatt24
03-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Poor Ediger.. :(

BountyHunterScum
03-11-2006, 01:42 PM
I liked Edgar, he was cool. He'll see his mother sooner than he thought now. I say take Julian Sands(head terrorist) and make him inhale some of the nerve gas. Inhale it all!

Hellboy
03-14-2006, 03:30 PM
Man, have the last two episodes been intense or what?!? :eek:

I can't wait for next week's episode. I sure hope Tony is okay but it doesn't look good. :sad: Next to jack he has remained one of my favorites from the beginning and after everything he has been through I'd hate to see him go out like this.

I hope Kim stays away now. Elisha Cuthbert is hot :love: but that character continues to drag the show down everytime she appears. Just wait, as soon as she leaves CTU she'll end up in some sort of trouble. :rolleyes:

UKWildcat
03-14-2006, 11:30 PM
Yea, the past couple weeks have been really good and I can't wait to see what happens next week.

Cuthbert is really hot but like you said, she often brings the fast paced nonstop action to a crawl. In past seasons I would say you are correct, in that something will happen to her when she leaves CTU, but I don't think we will see much more of her this season and I can't see a major twist/plot point revolve around her. If they were going to keep her on the show, I could maybe see her filling in at CTU since she has past experience from working there, and they could definitely use the help since they lost soo many lives. However, from the looks of next weeks episode (when the other people seem to come in, take over and run CTU) it makes Kim's role highly unlikely. I will be surprised if they continue to keep her on the show, I think she will leave and will disappear into oblivion.

The way they are killing off characters makes you wonder if anyone will be left by the end of this season. ;) As far as Tony goes, I doubt he will live, but I certainly hope he does. He too is/was one of my favorite characters. Last nights episode was an emotional one. I was glad to see that Lynn (Astin) made the ultimate sacrifice redeemed himself in the end by fixing the ventilation.

I don't like it when characters make "the phone call", telling their loved ones that they love them, knowing that they won't see them again and such. Fortunately last nights ep was just an unknown guard. Not sure if you remember or watched the past seasons, but one of, if not the worst was when George Mason (Season 2 I believe) called his son from the plane he was going to crash into the desert. Very sad stuff. :cry:

Hellboy
03-15-2006, 06:58 PM
Yeah I've watched this series from the beginning and George Mason was a favorite of mine too. His death was sad but he died a hero. :rambo:

I hope you're right about Kim. I just get a bad feeling everytime she shows up that the plot is going to take a left turn. At least that meat head Chase didn't come back. :pleased: That guy was a tool.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Cuthbert is really hot but like you said, she often brings the fast paced nonstop action to a crawl. In past seasons I would say you are correct, in that something will happen to her when she leaves CTU, but I don't think we will see much more of her this season and I can't see a major twist/plot point revolve around her.

Actually, I believe Jack told her boyfriend to get her out of town and not make any stops. Jack wants to make sure she is not around should the gas be released. I think that opens up the possibility that they could get stuck someplace.

UKWildcat
03-16-2006, 12:28 AM
Actually, I believe Jack told her boyfriend to get her out of town and not make any stops. Jack wants to make sure she is not around should the gas be released. I think that opens up the possibility that they could get stuck someplace.

Yea... True... They even played that card on a previous season. Maybe two or three, I dunno, I get them confused since so much happens in such a small amount of time. It was when Jack told Kim to leave and she ended up being kidnapped by Johnny Drama, I mean Kevin Dillon, in the woods or whatever. Might of been S2 as well, when George crashed the plane in the desert...

I guess I could see them doing a side story on her but I hope they don't. I mean, I like looking at her and all, and it would be great if they could find a scenario that wouldn't drag the show, but I would rather them leave her out and keep the action. But hey, now that I think about it... keep Kim on the show... just don't cut out any action and suspense. :thumbsup:

And about her shrink boyfriend... he seems to be quite a tool also. Btw, I too am glad that Chase didn't make a return on the show. He deserves a bullet to the head more than President "can't think for himself" Logan. :D

jonthejedi
03-16-2006, 05:20 AM
...cannn't tyype anythin...stilll holding my breath...WHHOO! Intense last two weeks! I hope Tony A. makes it! Still miss Michelle Dessler. I thought Edgar was ok. Tore me up when Chloe flatly stated she "treated the guy like crap every day." Nobody's safe on this show now. Viva "24" THE MOVIE!!!!!!!! Has anyone bought THE GAME, yet?

dr_evazan22
03-17-2006, 06:07 PM

They're either going to run out of gas, or, because of martial law being instated they won't be able to travel, instead getting arrested by the military.

Hellboy
05-20-2006, 12:56 AM
Even though Day:5 isn't over yet I think I can safely say that this is my favorite season of 24 so far. :yes:

UKWildcat
05-20-2006, 01:13 AM
This has been an excellent season and I'm thrilled that Sutherland has signed on for three more years.

I can't wait to see Pres. Logan burn at the stake and I hope Aaron is there with Jack to light the fire.

Btw, turns out I was right about Cuthbert. ;)

Hellboy
05-20-2006, 01:34 AM
Btw, turns out I was right about Cuthbert. ;)

And thank god for that. Had she returned I probably wouldn't be praising this season.

UKWildcat
05-22-2006, 11:40 PM
Hot Damn!!! What a finale!!!

********Spoiler Alert********

Crazy great ending. I love how the president was "brought to justice" as Jack Bauer would say and how everyone had something to do with it. The look on Martha and Mike Novaks faces when the president looked at them after he was "arrested" were priceless. Excellent stuff!!! Talk about a cliffhanger too. The Chinese. At first I thought it was the people who the president was talking to (bald guy with glasses) who helped do him carry out all the plans. Boy was I wrong. That was an awesome ending no matter how bad we feel for Jack. Overall it was an excellent season and I can't wait until January 2007 baby!!!

BountyHunterScum
06-06-2006, 07:39 PM
Hot Damn!!! What a finale!!!

********Spoiler Alert********

Crazy great ending. I love how the president was "brought to justice" as Jack Bauer would say and how everyone had something to do with it. The look on Martha and Mike Novaks faces when the president looked at them after he was "arrested" were priceless. Excellent stuff!!! Talk about a cliffhanger too. The Chinese. At first I thought it was the people who the president was talking to (bald guy with glasses) who helped do him carry out all the plans. Boy was I wrong. That was an awesome ending no matter how bad we feel for Jack. Overall it was an excellent season and I can't wait until January 2007 baby!!!

The bald guy with glasses played emile in robocop the loud mouth who said "you're dead we killed you!". :yes:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-07-2006, 01:01 PM
alright, this is my first time in this thread. I've been doing a "24" 5 season marathon since mid April. Yeah, 5 seasons in about 2 1/2 months. It was brutal!!

I finally finished up season 5 this morning. I really enjoyed this season!! I was sad to see Dessler go (man, she was a hottie) and Tony's death was more or less, "WTF!" as i didn't see any reason he had to go. But overall, i was really PO'd by Edgars death. He was such a great guy and there was so much geek love between him and Chloe. I did love how Bauer got the Pres to confess (albeit to his wife) and those smirky grins that Mike and Martha had on their faces were PRICELESS. and i'm curious to see how they take the show to China. Frankly, you know eventually Bauer will end up back in the States, but i'm really looked forward to CTU: Hong Kong.

On a side note, i got the "24" game, but haven't opened it. I rented it and the controls were kinda iffy, but there is something to greatly Baueresque about tying up a terrorist.......and then smashing his face in with the butt of your gun. :crazed:

See you kids in the day 6 thread. :thumbsup:

Hellboy
07-08-2006, 02:11 AM
Nice to hear you enjoyed your 24 marathon Guyute. :thumbsup: It really is a great series and it deserves all 12 Emmy Award nominations it received today.

I haven't played the video game but it did sound interesting and I like how its set between seasons 2 and 3. I'd be interested in hearing if its any good when you get around to playing through it a bit. :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-11-2006, 12:08 AM
random info:

Peter MacNicol is giving new meaning to the word “multitask.”

MacNicol, one of the stars of CBS’ “Numb3rs,” is joining the cast of Fox’s real-time drama, “24,” as a series regular, the network announced Monday.

The 52-year-old actor will portray a high-ranking government official in the sixth season of “24,” beginning in January. MacNicol won an Emmy Award in 2001 for his role as eccentric lawyer John Cage on Fox’s “Ally McBeal.

source: CNN.com

Should be interesting. We can only hope he goes "Ghostbusters II" on the Chinese and uses those crazy flashlight eyes of his! :crazed:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-25-2006, 06:31 PM
I read that Kal Penn has joined the cast of "24" for the 6th season, possibly as a terrorist.

also, heads up: my Target dropped the price of seasons 2-4 to 39.99 each. This SHOULD be nationwide. :D

mastermatt24
08-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Interesting.. he does match the terrorist I met. :p
(in looks, I didnt meet kal)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-05-2006, 02:25 PM
24 season 5 boxset out December 5th. TVshowsondvd.com won't let me cut n' paste, so just clicky:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6384