PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Museum Exhibits

Sentinel18725
01-11-2006, 02:29 AM
As many know, the Star Wars exhibit originally held at the Smithsonian eventually became a travelling exhibit a few years ago. Currently, Boston is hosting another exhibit on Star Wars. I completed a phone survey a few days ago asking me about my interest in a number of different exhibits and my interest in them and in travelling to attend them. There were four choices:

1. Science of Marvel superheroes
2. Technology of Star Wars
3. Mankinds interest in Aliens
4. Crime Scene Investigation and Forensic Science

It appears that the Boston exhibit may become a travelling show. These were all questioned about coming to the Museum of Science and Technology in Chicago. So, here is hoping that this becomes a reality and I don't have to travel to the exhibit in Boston.

Also, would love to start a push for the Dressing the Galaxy exhibit to become a travelling exhibit.......do it!!!!!

Rocketboy
01-11-2006, 11:33 AM
That would be cool if there were another traveling exhibition.
But as it looks, I may be seeing the Boston one in a few months.

dr_evazan22
01-11-2006, 03:00 PM
The Boston exhibit was originally planned for travelling. It'll be going to about 2 museums a year. It's slated to come to Philly, The Franklin Institute, but I forget if its in '06 or '07.

And I agree with you, I'd love to see a Dressing the Galaxy exhibit travel.

DarthQuack
01-18-2006, 08:27 PM
My sister lives out in Cambridge and wants me to come out soon to see the exhibit in Boston.

Sith Lord 0498
01-18-2006, 08:50 PM
As many know, the Star Wars exhibit originally held at the Smithsonian eventually became a travelling exhibit a few years ago. Currently, Boston is hosting another exhibit on Star Wars. I completed a phone survey a few days ago asking me about my interest in a number of different exhibits and my interest in them and in travelling to attend them. There were four choices:

1. Science of Marvel superheroes
2. Technology of Star Wars
3. Mankinds interest in Aliens
4. Crime Scene Investigation and Forensic Science

It appears that the Boston exhibit may become a travelling show. These were all questioned about coming to the Museum of Science and Technology in Chicago. So, here is hoping that this becomes a reality and I don't have to travel to the exhibit in Boston.

Also, would love to start a push for the Dressing the Galaxy exhibit to become a travelling exhibit.......do it!!!!!

That "Science of Marvel Superheroes" exhibit sounds really cool. I'd love to see the X-Men portion of that!!!

DarthQuack
01-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Do they still have a Star Wars exhibit at The Smithsonian? I'm heading to the DC area for 4 days next weekend and definitely wanted to check it out if possible.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-23-2011, 09:57 PM
According to a quick search and click...

Museum Exhibition CLOSED January 31, 1999.
Virtual online exhibition still available. It was awesome there when I saw it, but I don't know if it travelled elsewhere.