PDA

View Full Version : How would you construct a Star Wars Museum

Sentinel18725
01-11-2006, 01:32 AM
If George Lucas were to have a Museum dedicated to this wonderful Saga of Star Wars, how would you suggest it be constructed and what would it contain.

I could see this easily holding appeal for many people. How successful after a few years, I don't know, but wouldn't it be awesome to have a dedicated facility to few artifacts to this.

Suggestions?

CaptainSolo1138
01-11-2006, 08:26 AM
In the entrance would hang the Cloud City matte painting. Once inside, on the left would be Lando's blue administrator suit and his smugglers gear. On the right would be Lando's General uniform and and Tamtel Streej disguise. Then, in the back of the room in a 7x10 cage would be Billy Dee Williams himself.

Rocketboy
01-11-2006, 10:39 AM
You cannot contain Billy Dee!

I'd like to see one set up in various Star Wars environments, like a Carbon Freeze Chamber, Jabba's Throne Room, the Death Star (with Millenium Falcon ramp), Theed hanger, Geonois arena, Palpatine's office, ect.

Ji'dai
01-11-2006, 01:33 PM
The Museum of the Holy Original Trilogy and Sepulchre would be conveniently located in downtown Indianapolis, home of the ongoing annual Star Wars Jubilees & Celebrations. It could have props, production pieces, artwork, wax figures of the actors and also provide full-time employment with benefits to all those minor actors who work so hard eking out a living doing autograph signings and con appearances and such.

I suppose the prequel museum could be located on some ice shelf in say, oh, Antarctica. Everything PT could be exhibited there in that beautiful vast wasteland of ice, from Episode I cup toppers to Ahmed Best. I'd gladly donate my copies of the PT if Lucasfilm wants to reclaim them for long-term storage down there.

JediTricks
01-11-2006, 03:52 PM
It should be very hands-on, create a lot of exhibits that can bring visitors into the Star Wars universe in a way they never could before - throught tactile sensation, really experiencing what an X-wing feels like, stuff like that. There should be multiple focus: one section on behind the scenes (naturally with a sub-section on CG image creation), one on the movies as a cultural icon (perhaps a sub-section of the "science" of science-fiction in Star Wars), and one creating an immersive experience of Star Wars.

Kidhuman
01-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Taking JT's idea of real feel vehicles, an amusement park/museum would be great. Incorparte some rides and attractions, this way the kiddies can have more fun and the adults will be awesome. And thye should have Hasbro remake all the figures and be for sale there at regular retail prives, the ships. Have playsets too for sale. Hell, let me design it. A roller coaster with X-wing and Tie fighter cars would bve great. A fix the hyperdrive or die ride also. Be chased by Jango throuhg an asteroid field ride, come on Lucas, you can do it.

JediTricks
01-11-2006, 04:31 PM
The problem with making it a theme park-slash-museum is that nobody would respect the "museum" part, a la the Star Trek Experience at the Las Vegas Hilton, or any sort of exhibit at Disneyland. Granted, I'd love to ride more Star Tours type rides, but that would dillute the museum value of what we're talking about here. We have a "what kind of SW Theme Park would you build" type thread around here somewhere too, there was lots of interest in that concept.

Rogue II
01-11-2006, 04:31 PM
I would go with more of a park-styled museum. There would be several buildings, each with a different planet's theme.

Tatooine would be shaped like Jabba's Palace
Bespin would be like Cloud City
Hoth would just look like a big iceberg
Mustafar would be a large volcano
A large dome for the Death Star, but you would walk through an Endor exhibit to get in and a Yavin temple exhibit on the other side.
Queen's palace for Naboo
The Food Court would have Dex's Diner and the Mos Eisley Cantina
Coursant/Jedi Temple

There would also be a large hangar(Think vehicle selection screen in Rogue Squadron) which contained replicas of each fighter or small vehicle (Speeders, etc.) and sections of larger starships (Millenium Falcon, Blockade Runner, Star Destroyer, AT-AT) I would put a huge simulator room in there, so people could choose sides (Not really ground breaking technology, since there are already multi-player NASCAR and flying simulators).

Each building would have props and uniforms of the characters from those scenes, as well as a huge dioramas. Lots of video screens showing everything in action. I'd also say there needs to be a wax museum in each building for the main characters.

And, somewhere in there, there would need to be multi-screen movie theater which played all 6 films.

Deoxyribonucleic
01-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Built sets with Lucas' archives and I don't want the two different versions mixed. I'd like to see an OT museum by itself and a PT by itself. I feel the OT gets so polluted these days by all the prequel shenannigans. I would visit the pt museum, don't get me wrong, but those movies belong in a museum by themselves.

JediTricks
01-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Somehow, I doubt Lucas would allow them to do 2 separate museums, but I would at least hope the 1 they did would be split in half, the way the trilogies are.

As for the set building, Lucas said all the sets and vehicles were destroyed after filming, but probably the archives would yield color and material samples and reference photos. I'd definitely love to be on some of those sets, naturally built to withstand the people in them rather than being rickety.

JimJamBonds
01-14-2006, 12:57 AM
A few years ago a job opened at LFL to work in their archives, I applied for it although I didn't even have my degree at the time. Sadly I was passed over. :( :D

scruffziller
01-14-2006, 09:13 AM
George: Welcome to the illustrious Star Wars museum!!!!

Scruff: Yes Mr. Lucas can you direct me to the Original Release Non-Special Edition of the Star Wars Trilogy exhibit?

George: The what?..........

Scruff: The Original Release Non-Special Edition of the Star Wars Trilogy exhibit.

George: OH!!.....That!.........Those are just a myth, they never existed. However,..........If you ever do find one make sure.............to.......bring them..............to...........................me. ...:dev: