PDA

View Full Version : Scrubs

Pages : 1 [2]

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Yeah, but it's not finalized. [QUOTE]

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, yeah it totally is; it was mentioned by both Braff and McGinley.

oh and then there's this.

[QUOTE]Posted by Braff today on his blog:

Dear friends,

Many of you have been understandably confused by the Fairy Tale episode of Scrubs serving as the series finale. It was not. I was not allowed to say it until today, but Scrubs will be moving to ABC for its final season. We are currently filming the 8th and final season. The true finale of the show will air on ABC in the fall. NBC merely promoted the Fairy Tale episode as the finale, as it was the last episode they owned.

Also, several of you were very confused by the fact that Dr. Kelso and Laverne were still working at the hospital in the Fairy Tale episode. Because of the writer's strike, the last remaining episodes for NBC were aired out of order. This is why Dr. Kelso was still chief of medicine. That was not Laverne however, for those of you who have been following closely; it was a new nurse "Shirley" who no one thinks looks anything like Laverne except for JD.

Hope this clears some things up.

peace and love,
zb

As for my take on the finale, I enjoyed it. It had some funny moments and it was cute, but it wasn't nearly as good as my favorite finale, season 4, where Cox decks Kelso and accepts his role as a father. Add in Colin Hay's "My Brilliant Feat" and you have awesomeness. :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-12-2008, 07:14 PM
I thought this episode was absolutely terrible. I had to turn it off a few minutes into it.

JediTricks
05-13-2008, 03:27 AM
So what I said was true, since Braff confirmed it on his blog TODAY and my post was made YESTERDAY.

JimJamBonds
05-13-2008, 10:15 PM
Anybody else catch that ZB says the final episode will air THIS FALL???? Should be a pretty solid run of episodes once they start.

2-1B
05-13-2008, 10:43 PM
No JimJam, we hadn't heard that. Thanks for the news.

JediTricks
05-15-2008, 04:11 PM
There's no way they could air 18 episodes between now and this Fall, if they aired episodes every week from today it'd run until October, and there's no way they're airing episodes the whole summer.

JimJamBonds
05-15-2008, 10:48 PM
I doubt they'd air new episodes during the summer. What I was thinking was that those 18 might be shown in 18ish weeks and not over the course of the 'whole tv season.'

2-1B
05-16-2008, 05:23 PM
Double headers.

In and out in 9 weeks.

Mystery solved.

JimJamBonds
05-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Double headers.

In and out in 9 weeks.

Mystery solved.

I'd say 3 hr [Scrubs] blocks that way they can knock that bad boy out in five days..... which would be shown over the course of one week.

JediTricks
05-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Yes, those are very likely too.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-18-2008, 09:09 AM
Or have Scrubs "take over" NBC, and show, back-back-back-back-etc. all the new ones, for nine straight hours. To give you the idea of what a long surgery is like. :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
05-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Or they could air the new episodes instead of commercials. NBC hasn't really given a rip about the show in a couple of years so show the new stuff between The Office, Earl and 30 Rock.

Rocketboy
05-20-2008, 12:15 AM
From Zach Braff's Myspace Blog:

Scrubs Boss Blasts NBC, Previews "Serious" Changes

One of the many reasons I love Bill Lawrence is that the dude doesn't mince words. At a time when sound-bites have become as carefully crafted as a Martha Stewart petit four, Bill continues to tell it like it is. And on the heels of the official confirmation that Scrubs is headed to ABC for an 18-episode final season, he has a lot to tell. About the show's network-hop. About the beef he has with the suits at NBC. And about the somewhat radical changes in store for J.D. and Co.

Why'd it take so long to announce this thing?
Bill Lawrence: As I understand it, it was legally very important not to say anything officially until after the show had finished its run on NBC.

What led to the break-up with NBC?
Lawrence: When the strike ended, we told NBC that, even though we had another seven episodes mapped out, we could do it in three, and they just didn't have any interest. Total harsh buzz of not giving a s--t about a show that had been on the network for seven years and made them millions of dollars. And I'd be more bitter, except that it worked out good for us.

They didn't want to do any kind of wrap-up?
Lawrence: Not only did they not want to do any kind of wrap-up, but they took an episode that was supposed to air in the middle of the season — the fairytale episode — and marketed it as a series finale. Which was bulls--t. It was never supposed to be a series finale, much less a season finale, and I think it ended up getting judged kind of harshly because of it. If it was just a regular episode that people had tuned into I think they would've thought it was cool and funny.

I was under the impression NBC was willing to give you one episode to finish things off. No?
Lawrence: Well, here's the thing. When the strike ended, NBC said, "You can shoot an hour-long finale, but we'll only pay for half of it." They wanted [ABC Studios] to suck up all the expenses, and ABC said that was unacceptable. And it felt especially harsh because Scrubs was pulling in better [ratings] than 30 Rock and My Name is Earl — even though I love those two shows — and they were encouraged to do as many f--king episodes as they can after the strike. And after seven years, I ask for three episodes to wrap up the series and they say, "Tough s--t."

How do you go from three episodes on NBC to 18 on ABC?
Lawrence: It was weird, man. I was thinking we'd put these last six episodes on DVD, just so we can wrap the show up and be proud of it, but the head of ABC Studios, Mark Pedowitz, said, "Bill, if you can make the show a little cheaper, I can probably get us a full season on ABC." I didn't answer right away. The first thing I did was call the cast and the writers together and I said, "Look, if we're going to do this, we have to get back to something we creatively can all be excited about." Because, personally, I felt like this past season we were less than inspired comedically. So I said to them, "This means you guys working harder. It means having emotional stakes and losing all the goofy, broad stuff that I think is easy to write… " And everyone said they were on board for one more season.

Will the show still be a comedy?
Lawrence: It's still a comedy, but when we first did the show, it was a drama with elements of comedy and lots of stupid sound effects. But some of the strongest episodes in the second and third year had character comedy. You can still do things like kill Brendan Fraser and have the lady that loved musical theater die and then sing a song at the end. This became a very Simpsons-esque show with incredibly broad, unrealistic moments and fantasies that were both in reality and not in reality. When you've been writing this show for seven years, it's so easy to get into these patterns of writing the same jokes over and over: J.D. loves Turk, J.D. wants Dr. Cox's approval, Elliot's whiny and neurotic. But this year the stuff is really f--king good. I think our old stand-by fans are really going to dig these shows.

Is Ken Jenkins (Kelso) still a series regular?
Lawrence: He's still a series regular. The core of his participation this year is with Dr. Cox, who becomes Chief of Medicine. Now that Dr. Kelso is no longer a hospital bureaucrat, he is actually a decent human being and is Dr. Cox's confidant because Cox can't really talk to anyone else about how much that job sucks.

I heard you were looking to cast a new Chief.
Lawrence: That's just a piece of stunt casting that we're going to do for three episodes.

Talk to me about these budget cuts that ABC requested. Are we going to notice anything missing?
Lawrence: No. We have a smaller writing staff and we're filming the show in four-and-a-half days instead of five. And, you'll never notice it because we have so many actors on the show, but every cast member is taking two episodes off.

Even Zach?
Lawrence: Even Zach. Remember, I've done one or two episodes every year where J.D. isn't in the show except for one line, and some other character has the voiceover. It wasn't all that noticeable. It just looks like a cool creative choice.

JediTricks
05-20-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm not surprised NBC blew it, they've been totally failing their audience with this sort of corporate thinking for the past few years.

The rest sounds good, and I'm really glad Bill Lawrence recognizes how lazy and cheap the writing had gotten in the past few years. I saw some early eps recently and it was shocking how much more of a character than a charicature JD used to be, and how much more likable Elliot used to be.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-20-2008, 05:23 PM
The rest sounds good, and I'm really glad Bill Lawrence recognizes how lazy and cheap the writing had gotten in the past few years. I saw some early eps recently and it was shocking how much more of a character than a charicature JD used to be, and how much more likable Elliot used to be.
Agreed. Hopefully the final season will be full and awesome.

JimJamBonds
05-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks RB, that was some good stuff.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Braff posted on his blog tonight that SCRUBS wrapped on monday. Weird to think that they won't be filming SCRUBS again, eh?

Still, i'm looking forward to seeing it back on the air in a few months.

Does anybody know if the season 7 DVD is going to have the episodes in the proper order and the episode that didn't air? I can't remember.

I also read that Braff and Reyes (Carla) and Bill Lawrence are done after this season, so despite them trying to introduce new characters, i think the show is over, sadly. :(

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Well, isn't it completely over? I'd rather it end then continue with mediocre episodes sans the main characters (see: That 70's Show).

SPOILERS

I read that the final scene brings back most of the guest stars, save for Masi Oka and another NBC actor since the network wouldn't let them go on. Sounds like it will be pretty awesome.

When does the season start, anyway?

JediTricks
09-11-2008, 08:57 PM
What the F? Usually a season is filmed only a few weeks before airing, how can they be done already? I thought Lawrence wanted to give the show a proper finale, trying to keep it going like this is going to doom it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-11-2008, 09:54 PM
What the F? Usually a season is filmed only a few weeks before airing, how can they be done already? I thought Lawrence wanted to give the show a proper finale, trying to keep it going like this is going to doom it.

They started filming this season in March if memory serves.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Saw a commercial for the new DVD season, and it mentioned that ABC will run the episodes soon. When is soon? What day and time? I know I can look it up, but [insert lazy comment here, as I am too lazy to do so myself :tired: ].

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-20-2008, 11:28 PM
Starting some time in January, on Tuesdays.

JediTricks
11-21-2008, 04:17 PM
January 6th, and check the schedules because they're gonna be airing multiple new episodes back to back for a few weeks.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-29-2008, 09:35 AM
Have been seeing quite a lot of ABC commercials for it now. A not-so-subtle jab at NBC with the line "the doctors have found a better place to operate." :burn:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Bill Lawrence talks about the series finale. SPOILERS!

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/01/exclusive-scrub.html#more?xid=partner-cnn-todayslatest-%27Scrubs%27+boss+cuts+loose%21

Can't wait for new eps! :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
01-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Interesting........

JediTricks
01-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Tonight starts the new season. ABC, 9pm EST/PST.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-06-2009, 11:16 PM
I thought tonight's episodes were really fantastic. The little credits scene at the end of the first episode was a nice way of saying how hopefully they'd be back to what made this show great. The humor was damn hilarious without feeling forced, and the storyline with the old man was handled better than anything in the past few seasons. Aziz Ansari, Courteney Cox, and the other two new girls are all welcome additions and don't feel out of place.

There were also no really bizarre dream sequences this time, which had kind of gotten out of hand. So, hopefully it maintains this level of quality through the season.

El Chuxter
01-06-2009, 11:21 PM
I can't help but wonder why ABC cancelled Pushing Daisies and picked up two 30-minute shows that had been cancelled elsewhere. It's nice to hear Scrubs is still good, but King of the Hill needs to be put out of its misery already.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-06-2009, 11:35 PM
Exactly. I've been watching the old KOTH episodes on adult swim and they're just miles above the new ones on Fox.

Rocketboy
01-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Its good to see what Bill Lawrence said was true about the show going back to the early years style. Good balance of humor and drama.

I don't really like the new interns though, especially the guy. He's trying too hard to be funny. Also, it feels like the writers are planting these new characters just in case it gets picked up next year without Braff/Lawrence (which would be a HUGE mistake anyway).

Exactly. I've been watching the old KOTH episodes on adult swim and they're just miles above the new ones on Fox.You seem to imply that King of the Hill was good at one point.
It wasn't.
Ever.

El Chuxter
01-07-2009, 12:24 AM
You seem to imply that King of the Hill was good at one point.
It wasn't.
Ever.

Please tell me you've never seen The Order of the Straight Arrow. Wait, you don't have to tell me. By saying the show was never good, you already said it. :D

JediTricks
01-07-2009, 03:01 AM
I can't help but wonder why ABC cancelled Pushing Daisies and picked up two 30-minute shows that had been cancelled elsewhere. It's nice to hear Scrubs is still good, but King of the Hill needs to be put out of its misery already.Probably cheaper to produce, and both have built-in audiences.

I can't watch KOTH anymore, and I'm really annoyed at Adult Swim for buying it instead of putting more money into new 15 minute shows. KOTH is a toothless old goat of a show that loses what little appeal it once earned with every subsequent viewing. New episodes are brainless and sloppy while old episodes are threadbare and not as honest as they originally felt.

Scrubs, on the other hand, was really good, both episodes had me totally hooked. And I loved seeing the Janitor getting tossed, that stuff had to be dialed back, it was like Mimi and Drew Carey, it was stale within 2 episodes so they milked it into the grave. I'm sure he'll be back, but hopefully the writers will be able to tone it down.

My one complaint on Scrubs tonight was that Elliot was still fairly shallow, and she and Carla didn't get much face time, but generally it felt solid and I'd rather have solid episodes than shoehorn every character into every episode.

Please tell me you've never seen The Order of the Straight Arrow. Wait, you don't have to tell me. By saying the show was never good, you already said it. :DThat episode doesn't resonate with me anymore. Viewed in a vacuum, it works well and is honest and interesting, but viewed with the next episode and the one after that and anything afterwards, it's clear that the entire episode's meaning was lost on the characters and writers. Hell, they even overwrote that whole episode this season with a much more sitcom-y revisit to the Order. Sometimes it seems like that whole series' praise is hung around that 1 episode.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-08-2009, 07:25 AM
Liked the 8-years getting stale line at the end/beginning (hard to figure out which episode it was connected to, but that didn't matter really). Laughed a few times. Courtney AlliterationAndNameRecognitionBeatsMarriagePromise s Cox actually fits in well.

JimJamBonds
01-11-2009, 03:53 PM
One thing that Bill Lawerence said is that all of the leads will sit out one episode this season including JD in an effort to keep production costs down.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-14-2009, 08:10 PM
I wish they'd have just a single episode per week, instead of the back-to-back ones. I'd like to see it over more weeks, than half the time.

Do I need to label the "surprise" about JD and Elliot as a SPOILER?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-14-2009, 08:29 PM
Eh, I don't mind the double-shot of Scrubs. Last night's episodes were great again. As per the lowered costs and having some of the actors not be on every show, I noticed Turk was gone from the first and Carla from the second, but they weren't really missed.

And I figured they'd do the JD-Elliot thing again . . . I could tell they did the whole "who cares what other people think" to counter fans who were thinking it was a stupid waste of time. :D

Rocketboy
01-15-2009, 01:10 AM
More good episodes, but its the second time I noticed a pretty obvious edit.

Last week, in the episode where JD and Turk stay with the guy about to die, all of a sudden JD has 2 hot dogs in his shirt pocket with no explanation. Looked like the hot dog gag was going to continue but they cut it.

This week, after JD walks away from Janitor and Jimmy (the touchy intern), Jimmy starts raising his arm to touch Janitor's back when they cut away.

No biggies, but it made me wonder if some episodes will be longer on DVD.

Kidhuman
01-15-2009, 05:10 AM
I love the back to back episodes. Good way to get a full season in half the time. Especially with nothing else on

JimJamBonds
01-15-2009, 08:50 AM
I love the back to back episodes. Good way to get a full season in half the time. Especially with nothing else on

Yeah there isn't crap on Tuesday's.

Kidhuman
01-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Until next week when Fringe comes back on

JimJamBonds
01-15-2009, 10:20 AM
If you say so, I've never watched it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Last weeks episodes I thought were great. The 8th year line was pretty funny and I really liked the episode with George. THe guy who played him did a fantastic job. I also loved Donnie nailing Cox with muffins and Kelso's, "Thanks donnie, but i'll fight my own fights."

This weeks episode were also solid; I loved messing with the Todd and JD's incredibly scary turk/JD sex fantasy. So. Creepy. J.D.'s vision of Elliot was nice. :love: And I really liked the nice music for "sex buddies" as that was a nice nod to the older episodes.

All in all, VERY solid season so far. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

JediTricks
01-19-2009, 07:24 PM
Decent episodes both, but the next day I was bummed to read an article that the new eps got horrible ratings, leaving ABC in everybody else's dust. Then I remembered that they committed to air the whole season, and that ratings would only help if they wanted to make another season which personally I couldn't care less about.

JimJamBonds
01-29-2009, 09:47 AM
Decent episodes both, but the next day I was bummed to read an article that the new eps got horrible ratings, leaving ABC in everybody else's dust. Then I remembered that they committed to air the whole season, and that ratings would only help if they wanted to make another season which personally I couldn't care less about.

While I didn't hear that the ratings were bad I'm not suprised. Not because they have been bad episodes but more so because there of whats on ABC before and after ie. nothing "funny."

One thing I've grown bored with is Kelso's role. I get it, he doesn't work and he hangs out eating muffins. Can he 'do' something? Go on a trip with Enid? Come back and do volunteer maybe??? It seems like a waste to have him there doing the same thing everyday. I'd rather see less of him then see him asking Donnie about muffins each Tuesday night.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-29-2009, 01:11 PM
Agreed about Kelso. It isn't completely annoying to me yet, and I liked that he and Cox were becoming friends, but they've got to ease up on the muffin jokes.

The season is still far better than the last several years, though.

JediTricks
01-29-2009, 01:49 PM
ABC doesn't have much of a lead-in for the show, but it's an established series, it should have had a greater draw than this. They mismarketed the show though, their ads were misrepresentative, they went for "basic zany sitcom".

Tuesday's episodes were good, though I felt like the first one wasn't really keeping up with the show, all but reintroducing Ed and Jo. Ed, by the way, is totally hateable and I knew that was gonna be why Perry didn't like him, it's odd that the writers seem content to pretend like he's acceptable to everybody else.

I actually like some of Kelso's additions, he is lonely and feeling useless and gets free muffins so it makes sense that he'd be there like an emeritus chief. I liked how they treated him and Dr Cox's interaction about the chief of medicine job.

Rocketboy
01-29-2009, 06:25 PM
I still hate these new interns.
And I can see the obvious upcoming episode(s) where they have their "moment of clarity" and become more than one note annoyances.

JediTricks
01-30-2009, 02:59 PM
It seems like they're grooming "Jo" to be the only intern who is competent, and the others end up either falling to the background or getting actively fired from the hospital. They've been setting this up since the first ep of the season where JD says he hates the new interns, and only Jo seems to have competent medical skills AND drive.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-30-2009, 06:42 PM
No, no. You're all wrong. I have just three words for you: "shower. dream sequence." :eek:

I found the more serious 2nd episode decent but certainly not the "zany sitcom" style JT mentioned. I did chuckle a few times at the 1st one.

JediTricks
02-01-2009, 03:34 PM
My "zany sitcom" reference wasn't to the episodes but to ABC's marketing of the show.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-04-2009, 07:08 PM
I understand the Seinfeld-esque "go out on top before you get stale" aspect, but I am really gonna miss this show. :(

Chief of Medicine Cox could have been so fun to watch. Kelso as sidekick has been decent, too. Last night, even Ted and Janitor were pretty good. Carla got to expand her character while being away from Turk (that "one key actor absent" concept isn't so bad).

Kidhuman
02-05-2009, 05:09 AM
Its not a bad concept, but I missed Turk

JediTricks
02-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Yeah, having Turk absent on both episodes was a bit of a bummer. I didn't miss Elliot in the second episode though.

I liked both episodes, but I feel like that while Kelso/Cox works, Cox as chief of medicine isn't paying off well, it's too obvious and too easy to get out of and just not saying enough.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-11-2009, 07:33 AM
Does JT-on-speakerphone count as a "regular actor absent," or does he get scale for voice-over work?

Notice that in March, the show's moving to Wednesdays?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-11-2009, 04:15 PM
I figured the speakerphone deal counted as one of Zach Braff's non-appearances. You could really see how the show would suck without him.

Kidhuman
02-11-2009, 07:07 PM
I noticed Dr Cox was gone in the 2nd one. I count that as JD not being in the episode

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-11-2009, 07:48 PM
wait, were there two new eps this past tuesday? My DVR only recorded one!!

I thought the episode I did see was pretty hilarious; Carla messing with Janitor was awesome. I loved his antics, especially his renactment of Carla and his comment about not being in the Fugitive.

This season is really effin' great. glad to see they're going out on such a high note.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-11-2009, 07:49 PM
While Turk and JD (I humbly submit the following* BSLOS for calling him "JT" above) were hugging over his victory, did you notice the "Guy Love" song from the musical episode? I couldn't get it out of my head today! :mad: ;) I like The Gooch [sp?] as a character to finish out the season/series, but she'd have been a bit annoying for longer than this.

"You see the look,
And you see the lies.
You eat the lies,
And you will"

JimJamBonds
02-12-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm diggin so far the new episodes. It was nice to see Kelso do something other then eat muffins, hopefully that will continue.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-12-2009, 03:02 PM
While Turk and JD (I humbly submit the following* BSLOS for calling him "JT" above) were hugging over his victory, did you notice the "Guy Love" song from the musical episode?
Yeah, that was awesome. The rest of the musical episode was meh but I liked that part so it was nice to hear it again, used here to great effect.

Kidhuman
02-12-2009, 06:11 PM
While Turk and JD (I humbly submit the following* BSLOS for calling him "JT" above) were hugging over his victory, did you notice the "Guy Love" song from the musical episode? I couldn't get it out of my head today! :mad: ;) I like The Gooch [sp?] as a character to finish out the season/series, but she'd have been a bit annoying for longer than this.

"You see the look,
And you see the lies.
You eat the lies,
And you will"
YEs, I noticed the Guy Love song playing and let out a big laugh.

Rocketboy
02-12-2009, 09:00 PM
(I humbly submit the following* BSLOS for calling him "JT" above)

"You see the look,
And you see the lies.
You eat the lies,
And you will"Oh no you di'n't slam on my STP!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Quick question: has anybody read or heard anything about why Aloma Wright (Nurse Roberts/Shirley) isn't around this season? Did she not want to come back or ?? I was looking forward to seeing her around this season and I loved the quick blurb we had with her tackling J.D. on tuesdays episode.

It's some of the random cast I miss, including her and Doug.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-12-2009, 11:40 PM
I don't know why they're not back (forgot about Doug, but there's so many new secondary characters it's hard to notice). I never liked the whole Nurse Shirley nonsense. Just now thinking of Laverne's death - there were maybe two "serious" episodes about that in a season full of over-the-top comedy; they've got the blend so much better now. I liked seeing her and JD's mention of her death, though.

So, in other words, no, I can't help you. :p

Lord Malakite
02-13-2009, 12:34 AM
Quick question: has anybody read or heard anything about why Aloma Wright (Nurse Roberts/Shirley) isn't around this season? Did she not want to come back or ??
I don't watch this show Guyute, but I do remember hearing something back when the "NBC to ABC" move was announced that certain characters wouldn't be making appearances due to actor/actress contract obligations with NBC that prevented them from appearing on any other network, like say ABC. That could be the reason.

Kidhuman
02-13-2009, 05:14 AM
Oh no you di'n't slam on my STP!

He needs a kick in the arse for that

I don't know why they're not back (forgot about Doug, but there's so many new secondary characters it's hard to notice). I never liked the whole Nurse Shirley nonsense. Just now thinking of Laverne's death - there were maybe two "serious" episodes about that in a season full of over-the-top comedy; they've got the blend so much better now. I liked seeing her and JD's mention of her death, though.

So, in other words, no, I can't help you. :p

Someone looked at an intern and said: you're not Doug to them in one episode. Cant recall who said it

Bel-Cam Jos
02-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Oh no you di'n't slam on my STP!
He needs a kick in the arse for thatI like the Pilots, too, but those lines always urk me. I shall email a link to my arse for the necessary kicking... :(

So, any guesses for how the series ends? I'm hoping that a JD/Elliot wedding isn't the last episode (although having there be a mention of one in the future wouldn't be so bad). I think something like the last chapter/epilogue of HP & the Deathly Hallows would be cool.

Rocketboy
02-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Bill Lawrence already sort of spilled how it ends (with JD at least).
I'd say but I forget how to do the spoiler text.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-14-2009, 10:23 AM
I usually just use the "white" text color. See here: I am writing in white. But I'll remain in the (relative) dark over the ending, then.

JediTricks
02-14-2009, 04:31 PM
Does JT-on-speakerphone count as a "regular actor absent," or does he get scale for voice-over work?

Notice that in March, the show's moving to Wednesdays?For a minute, I was trying to figure out how I ended up on this show, then I realized you meant "JD". And I doubt he gets full pay for VO, he probably offered to bow out to save costs.

That move is gonna SUUUUUCK! We knew it was coming, although pairing it with "Better off Ted" is not a good sign, and confusing since we have a character named Ted who is semi-suicidal.

The Gooch was awesome going off like that. She's pretty fun. The songs she's singing are from her comedy duo, Garfunkle & Oates.

Spoiler code:
] text here [/color]

Rocketboy
02-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Do I need to replace a letter or something?

I'll use white text for now.
Lawrence said that JD leaves Sacred Heart for a new hospital so he can be closer to his kid and see him more. IF the show comes back, Carla won't be there either. Judy Reyes wants to move on also.

JediTricks
02-14-2009, 10:24 PM
No, you can copy-paste that and it should work exactly as-is, I just did a little sneaky thing to make it not parse with the colors.

Rocketboy
02-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Tried that, but after I posted my reply I could still see the code.

] text here [/color]
See?

Lord Malakite
02-15-2009, 02:38 AM
Tried that, but after I posted my reply I could still see the code.

] text here [/color]
See?

It works for me. Take out the extra bracket with "COLOR=Black" JT threw in there.

JediTricks
02-17-2009, 07:02 PM
I didn't throw an extra bracket in there. It must be pasting the color-coding as well. Copy-paste it, then highlight and click the "remove text formatting" button in the upper left, that should do the trick.

text here

JimJamBonds
02-19-2009, 09:52 PM
Do I need to replace a letter or something?

I'll use white text for now.
Lawrence said that JD leaves Sacred Heart for a new hospital so he can be closer to his kid and see him more. IF the show comes back, Carla won't be there either. Judy Reyes wants to move on also.

If you fire up IMDB there were 4 episodes of Scrubs interns shot. I think Cox, Blonde Doctor and Turk are listed.

JediTricks
02-24-2009, 05:48 PM
The show is not on tonight, but will be on next Tuesday with... reruns. :ermm: The next NEW episode is Wednesday, March 18th.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-24-2009, 07:11 PM
The show is not on tonight, but will be on next Tuesday with... reruns. :ermm: The next NEW episode is Wednesday, March 18th.Is this the right time for a JD "d@mmit!"? Or a Turk-style "woman, I got's to get me some viewin'!"?

Rocketboy
02-24-2009, 09:47 PM
Is this the right time for a JD "d@mmit!"? Or a Turk-style "woman, I got's to get me some viewin'!"?How about one of Elliot's "FRICK!" moments?

JediTricks
02-24-2009, 11:50 PM
Perhaps it's time for a Coxian elongated word. As in, "this is reeeeeheeeheeeheeeheeally unacceptable."

Bel-Cam Jos
02-27-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm pretty sure the shift's all due to the power and popularity of these two words: Dancing With The Stars. (budget cuts; can't afford to say 4 words :( ). Can we hire Ted to help us? Would that help?

JediTricks
03-18-2009, 02:37 PM
The next NEW episode is Wednesday, March 18th.
Just a reminder, the new episode is still tonight at 8pm PST/EST.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Yep. I already told the company expected to stop by tonight that they had better hit the road by 7:30, at the latest. :rolleyes:

Bel-Cam Jos
03-19-2009, 08:34 PM
I hadn't noticed Eliott for most of the show, thinking Sarah'd be the "big name" out this week, then she shows up for a brief scene near the end. Wonder if that rule's not in effect anymore. This was back to one of those semi-serious episodes. ABC sure cashed in its ESPN affiliation with that great dream sequence of "Sports Center."

Kidhuman
03-20-2009, 04:40 AM
Eliott was telling everyone about her and JD. She was in it pretty good this week. It kind of seemed Kelso had the bit part to me. Just appear and leave.

JediTricks
03-22-2009, 09:16 PM
It was an ok episode, I didn't mind Elliot being only a couple cameos, overall the ep worked as a dramedy story. I got the feeling that we had already danced the Dr Cox's wedding ring storyline before though.

JimJamBonds
03-23-2009, 08:30 PM
I loved Cox's "hun" comment to Jordan.

JediTricks
03-25-2009, 01:33 AM
I loved Cox's "hun" comment to Jordan.
Yeah, that one stuck with me too. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
03-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Not a bad episode. I liked the new surgeon intern, Derrick.

JediTricks
03-27-2009, 02:38 AM
I thought he felt a little forced, like he wasn't owning the material, but in hindsight, I think that's part of his storyline there. I can give him time, that's for sure, it might work.

The episode overall was decent, but a little scattershot for my tastes, the previous times they've done this have had more cohesion and flow. JD pompous always annoys me, they're either doing a good job following through or just really jerky writers. :p There were a good number of little moments, that's for sure. Denise and Katie had a pretty funny moment.

Kidhuman
03-27-2009, 06:51 AM
Denise is funny, very straightfoward. And yes, that was a good interaction.

Kidhuman
04-02-2009, 10:16 AM
I thought it was a funny episode. Todd following Howie around with the high 5's were funny. The best was the scene with Turk and the patient about the farting. I damn near peed myself.

Really wierd to see JD, Carla, Cox, Janitor, Kelso all missing from the episode.

Makes me wonder if they will do a spin off show with the interns.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-02-2009, 12:46 PM
I thought the same thing. It almost felt like we were watching a completely different show than Scrubs with pretty much all the main characters gone. I like the interns but don't know if I would watch a spin-off about them.

I also thought it was weird how they used the interns' voice-over on the last episode, which had JD, and this had no voice-over whatsoever apart from Elliot's talking over other shots. That was really strange.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Well, setting the episode on a night shift would automatically mean less regulars (I wonder if that was intentional :rolleyes: ). Will there be a Night Scrubs show, with a bald bailiff (I mean, janitor) and head of medicine who used to be a magician?

Kidhuman
04-02-2009, 07:10 PM
I also forgot about the "Do the Hivvy" dance.That was hilarious

Bel-Cam Jos
04-02-2009, 07:18 PM
I also forgot about the "Do the Hivvy" dance.That was hilariousWe shouldn't be doing the HIVie! :pleased:

JediTricks
04-05-2009, 11:17 PM
The interns already had their own series, it was webisodes, and Bill Lawrence hinted at ABC wanting to turn that into the next season of the show. Lawrence said he'd not be a part of that.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-09-2009, 07:28 PM
I needed this more zany show, after seeing the hyper-serious House. So it's a "cliffhanger" two-parter, eh?

Kidhuman
04-10-2009, 06:38 AM
I wonder if we will find out the Janitors real name

Bel-Cam Jos
04-10-2009, 06:48 PM
I wonder if we will find out the Janitors real nameI think they'll still go the Wilson (neighbor behind the fence on Home Improvement) route. My guesses?

a. Someone has a sneezing fit during the vows, and so no one hears his name.
b. Their names (Lady and Janitor) are on a "Wedding Today" sign with the removable plastic letters, someone bumps into the sign, spilling the letters, and JD tries to re-spell them (hilarious acronym gags?).
c. They use generic vows ("Do YOU take HER...?" etc.).
d. There's a letdown with simply uninteresting names, then he does a "Nah! I'm just messin' with you" line.

We shall see, of course.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-10-2009, 09:13 PM
We already know that we learn his name (you can deduce the first name based on what the creator has said) near the end of the series. I thought it would be in the finale, but maybe the wedding would work better. It's nothing too interesting, though, apart from finally knowing his name after nine years.

I liked the episode. It was nice to see all the characters after the intern-heavy episode from last week.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-11-2009, 08:48 AM
b. Their names (Lady and Janitor) are on a "Wedding Today" sign with the removable plastic letters, someone bumps into the sign, spilling the letters, and JD tries to re-spell them (hilarious acronym gags?).Obviously, I meant "anagram gags." I humbly ask all your forgivenesses with a BSLOS, from J.J. Fad's "Supersonic:"

"You see, the 'S' is for super,
And the 'U' is for unique.
The 'P' is for perfection
And you know that we are freaks..."

I've kept away from their websites and comments about the series' last season, just letting the episodes surprise me, so I'll always be in the dark about plot scenarios. But therein lies the fun! :pleased:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-15-2009, 04:15 PM
I thought last weeks episode was great; Turk and JD's awkward bumping was great.

And Sarah Chalke in a bikini.....:love::love::love::love::love:

Bel-Cam Jos
04-16-2009, 07:59 PM
Best was Ted's accoustic Outkast song. Release it as a single, ABC! ;) And why was Cox looking for his laptop in the water? As if it would work after Jordan threw it in... :rolleyes:

I was fairly close on my Janitor name predictions...

My guesses?

a. Someone [high-fives] during the vows, and so no one hears his name.
b....
c. They use generic vows ("Do YOU take HER...?" etc.).
d....

We shall see, of course. Although, hearing her name as "Ladianna," or something like that, was different.

JediTricks
04-17-2009, 05:59 PM
I wonder if we will find out the Janitors real name
Bill Lawrence said he's saved that for the season (series?) finale, JD will ask and finally get the answer, it won't be a big deal.

I was fairly close on my Janitor name predictions...

Although, hearing her name as "Ladianna," or something like that, was different.Yeah, you totally called that noise.

I didn't really like this episode, it felt labored and out of place, not much actually happened.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Yeah, you totally called that noise.

I didn't really like this episode, it felt labored and out of place, not much actually happened.Totally.

Well, it is a hospital show that had an episode set in a tropical place. I have to wonder if this was just a perk to the actors in order to resume the season.

Kidhuman
04-18-2009, 09:10 AM
I agree, but bob was just awesome in it.

JimJamBonds
04-19-2009, 10:59 AM
I agree, but bob was just awesome in it.

It was an easy couple of episodes for him, he went to a warm island and drank mai ti's the whole time.

Kidhuman
04-19-2009, 12:03 PM
It was Bahama Mama's

JimJamBonds
04-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Ehh same difference, I doubt it changed Ken's preperation for the episode. ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
04-23-2009, 06:59 PM
This one was just odd. Nothing really major (where exactly is the "here" where JD said he'd move?) or earth-shattering (bringing back previous chars. [i.e. Sean] is never "big" to me, and did anyone doubt that Turk would take on some leadership position at the hospital?). A little funny at times.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-23-2009, 08:45 PM
I thought JD moving to be closer to his son and Turk getting the job were both pretty big deals. I thought it was a good episode.

JediTricks
04-24-2009, 01:54 PM
I didn't really care for this episode. Cox never made a good argument for why Turk shouldn't be chief of surgery despite there being numerous reasons (I think chief isn't merely best cutter, but administrative duties as well). And the stuff with JD seemed kind of pushy. Some of the secondary stuff kinda worked, but felt lazily written and didn't really go anywhere.

Kidhuman
04-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Kelso aiding himself was funny stuff.

JimJamBonds
04-27-2009, 09:13 PM
I don't really understand why Sean was in this episode. I figured Kim would show up at some point but why bring back Sean other then to just bring him back one last time?

Kidhuman
04-29-2009, 09:40 AM
To irritate JD to no end.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-29-2009, 10:50 AM
To irritate JD to no end.:Sean: :mad:

But it's not to "no end," it's to the series' end.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-30-2009, 07:18 PM
I just realized I completely forgot about last night's episode. Watched a Daily Show rerun instead... :confused:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-30-2009, 09:20 PM
It wasn't on yesterday, I think, because of the Obama thing.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-01-2009, 07:58 PM
If so, then I feel less dumb now. If not, even more dumber.:whip:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-02-2009, 11:58 PM
I think ABC is pretty dumb for this: they're showing the penultimate episode on Tuesday, and the final one on Wednesday. I wouldn't have known about this if I didn't just check, so don't forget to see both of them.

Kidhuman
05-03-2009, 07:44 AM
Just checked, DVR set to record both episodes. Last one on Wednesday is an hour

Darth Metalmute
05-03-2009, 09:44 AM
The promos are only advertising it as a season finale. However it is getting the series finale treatment. It is possible it will be back, but it will not be the same Scrubs.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-03-2009, 10:23 AM
The promos are only advertising it as a season finale. However it is getting the series finale treatment. It is possible it will be back, but it will not be the same Scrubs.

Then I won't be watching it. It's not the show it is without the cast that make it so fantastic.

I'm sad to see it go, but I think this season has been AWESOME, so to me, the show is going out on a high note.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-04-2009, 01:09 PM
I just saw this:

'Scrubs' might not be checking out just yet. Although pretty much everyone assumed this would be the final season,' The Hollywood Reporter confirms that ABC is in talks to renew the veteran comedy for a ninth go-around. And that's not all. Though the show had introduced a fresh crop of interns should the show continue without its original cast, it now appears that series creator Bill Lawrence and some (or all) of the original stars -- yes, including Zach Braff -- may return as well. (April 28)

So, now both Braff and Lawrence might be back? Hmm. I dunno. If it maintains the same level of quality we've seen this season (particularly the first half of the season, as the two halves were written by different teams) then I might keep watching.

Darth Metalmute
05-04-2009, 01:26 PM
I've been under the impression all season that they have been preparing for a ninth season without Braff. Serveral episodes have been completely without him and focusing on Turk.

If there is a next season, hopefully ABC treats it better than they did this year. This only appearing after the new year, and then getting back-to-back episodes on one day until they finally move it to another day, just doesn't work.

JediTricks
05-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Surprised to hear both might be back, I think it might not have been the best call to even tell fans that they were leaving then, it cast a shadow over this season. Of course, the writing also was there to show JD about to move on. Still, considering how few funny comedies are out there right now, better to have a Scrubs at half-strength than no Scrubs (unless it gets turned into Night Court's last 2 seasons, yucko).

Bel-Cam Jos
05-05-2009, 10:35 PM
It's certainly setting up for a SERIES finale, but true, the commercials just say "Finale." Tonight's was fairly funny. Will tomorrow's really be an emotional sendoff? Perhaps. Loads of guest stars, it said.

Rocketboy
05-06-2009, 10:11 AM
If the show happens to return and Braff and Lawrence come back I have a feeling it will only be a few episodes, especially for Braff.
I'm just curious as to how they'll treat the Turk/Carla relationship, since Judy Reyes isn't coming back either.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-06-2009, 04:03 PM
It's certainly setting up for a SERIES finale, but true, the commercials just say "Finale." Tonight's was fairly funny. Will tomorrow's really be an emotional sendoff? Perhaps. Loads of guest stars, it said.

I enjoyed last nights episode; Ted and his talk about having sex was hilarious.

And I kind of hope this is the series finale. I won't watch if a lot of the cast, especially key players, don't return in a full capacity.

From the preview, I saw J.D's bro (Tom Cavanagh) and Laverne and/or Shirley (her sister). I don't know which it was as J.D. could easily see them in a dream or whatever.

Braff posted this on my myspace blog a bit ago:

Dear Friends,
Tonight is the Series Finale of Scrubs (as we know it...)
Please feel free to read into the preceding parenthetical.

Yesterday a very nice man came up to me while I was ordering a burrito at Baja Fresh for Cinco De Mayo and said, "Thank you for the last eight years. You've made me laugh so hard sometimes I almost threw up." Even though I was on line for food, the sentiment made me feel very warm and fuzzy in my heart.

I could never possibly thank you all enough for all your kind words and support.
Stay tuned, there's more to come......................

peace, love and Eagle,

Zachary B.

So, that's kind of hinting that more things will be happening......

Bel-Cam Jos
05-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Braff posted this on my myspace blog a bit ago:

Quote:
Dear Friends,
Tonight is the Series Finale of Scrubs (as we know it...)
Please feel free to read into the preceding parenthetical.

I could never possibly thank you all enough for all your kind words and support.
Stay tuned, there's more to come......................

So, that's kind of hinting that more things will be happening......And... there's... quite a bit of... ellipses being... wasted in those posts, too... :rolleyes: :...:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-06-2009, 09:22 PM
I really enjoyed tonights finale. It was funny and also had a good emotional wallop to it that I enjoyed.

And I'm almost ashamed to admit that I could name/place/identify about 99% of the folks in the ending montage. I was hoping that we'd see Franklyn, but I guess Masi couldn't do it?

The outtakes at the end were great too, including Neil's.....whose character name we didn't find out! lol

Overall, I was very pleased with the episode. :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
05-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Peace Love and Eagle

Great closing line there!!!

Darth Metalmute
05-08-2009, 07:53 AM
I really enjoyed tonights finale. It was funny and also had a good emotional wallop to it that I enjoyed.

And I'm almost ashamed to admit that I could name/place/identify about 99% of the folks in the ending montage. I was hoping that we'd see Franklyn, but I guess Masi couldn't do it?

The outtakes at the end were great too, including Neil's.....whose character name we didn't find out! lol

Overall, I was very pleased with the episode. :thumbsup:

Don't be ashamed, I could too.:thumbsup:

I was actually surprised they didn't have a few other major characters, although I'll have to watch it again to make sure I didn't miss them.
I didn't see Kim, Danni, Sean, or Harvey. Sam was missing as well.

I found this about the "next" scrubs adventure.

http://www.premiumhollywood.com/2009/05/06/a-chat-with-bill-lawrence-the-scrubs-exit-interview/

Basically, Bill Lawrence says this Scrubs show ended Wednesday night. If renewed, a new Scrubs show will start.

DarthQuack
05-08-2009, 09:18 AM
Complete series set hopefully???....if it's over??

Ando
05-08-2009, 01:53 PM
It would have been nice to see Ben (Brendan Fraser) during the end. The story arc with him was one of the most touching and at the same time funny ones of the show.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-08-2009, 07:40 PM

Overall, I was very pleased with the episode. :thumbsup:I agree. I realized what the "touching" finale comment meant, after the first 127 hugs. :pleased:

But we did find out his name: Tony. Or was it [something] Matthews?

JediTricks
05-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Glenn Matthews.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-09-2009, 12:20 AM
Glenn Matthews.

And then another doctor walked by and said, "hey Tony," so who knows what his name is then?

Bel-Cam Jos
05-09-2009, 08:39 AM
That's why I said...

But we did find out his name: Tony. Or was it [something] Matthews?

Think of all the great guest stars and semi-regular big names they've had over the years :JDheadtilt:

Michael J. Fox
Brendan Fraser : pictureflash:
Courtney Cox-Arquette-Pitt-Shwimmer-Springsteen-Love
Colin Hayes :guitarsmash:
Sean Hayes
Mandy Moore
Tera Reid (eww...)
Heather Graham :lipsrsealed:
John Ritter :cry:
Markie Post
Michael McDonald
Billy Dee Williams :LANdocalrissian:
Dave Foley
Nicole Sullivan
Clay Aiken
Dick Van Dyke
William Daniels :helloMicheal:
Lee Ermey
Hattie Winston
Kerrie Russell
D.L. Hughley
Michael Boatman
Richard Kind

And I'm certain I'm missing others. A great series, with a MASH-type blend of humor and serious tones. This was a nice way to end it. Really, it should end THE WAY IT WAS INTENDED, tv execs. :o

Rocketboy
05-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Two missing off the top of me head:
Ryan Reynolds
Colin Ferrell

Kidhuman
05-09-2009, 09:30 AM
I dont recall Jake being there either.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Saw this in wiki:

Masi Oka (who played Franklyn the lab technician) of Heroes and Sarah Lancaster (who played Lisa the Gift-Shop Girl) of Chuck were asked to appear with the other recurring characters at the end of the episode, but were denied permission to appear by NBC.

Stupid NBC. They can't do anything right. :upset:

JimJamBonds
05-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Long answer short I liked the finale. Sure there were a couple of things that I would have liked to have seen (JD's mom for example) but overall I loved it and I'm going to miss [Scrubs].

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-15-2009, 01:29 PM
It veered off into the silly stuff from the last few seasons a little too much, and I expected more of the big-name people to come back for the final goodbye, but overall I really enjoyed it.

I thought the Janitor's name thing was handled really well. It was nice to finally know it . . . and then to be thrown for a loop again. :p

Rocketboy
05-15-2009, 11:32 PM
Scrubs Actors Making Deals for Ninth Season

The Hollywood Reporter says that ABC has locked in most of the main cast members of "Scrubs" to return for the ninth season.

Star Zach Braff has closed a deal to come back for six episodes to transition the show to its new set-up, which is still being worked out. Also signed for six episodes is Sarah Chalke.

Donald Faison, John C. McGinley and Neil Flynn have all closed deals to continue as regulars in second position to their pilots. Faison and Flynn co-star in ABC pilots, "The Law," which is already unofficially staffing, and "The Middle," respectively. McGinley is on CBS' drama pilot "Back."

Meanwhile, Judy Reyes has not been approached for a deal but may appear as a guest star if "Scrubs" is renewed.comingsoon.net (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=55539)

JediTricks
05-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Stupid NBC. They can't do anything right. :upset:NBC: Nothing but Classless.

Look at that, the show is coming back sorta. I am not sure what to think of that. Poor Carla seems to get no love there.

JimJamBonds
05-17-2009, 03:37 AM
Ehhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhh....... not sure how good of an idea a 9th is....

Bel-Cam Jos
05-17-2009, 08:35 AM
New series title possibilities?

Scrubs: On Life Support
A Clean Set of Scrubs
Scrubbed Clean of Talent
Scrubs: On the Bubble
A Synonym for 'Scrubs' is Second-Best
I Don't Want No Scrubs
Scrubs For Your Protection (or, Scrubs: Provided by the Management)
NBC: Nothin' But Scrubs... Wait, That Doesn't Fit; Oh, Well, it's Close Enough, Right?

Rocketboy
05-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Scrubs isn't on NBC anymore.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Scrubs isn't on NBC anymore.I got confused from the NBC-won't-let-its-current-stars-on comment. I humbly submit...

"So no,
I don't want your number; no.
I don't wanna give you mine.
And no, I don't wanna meet you nowhere; no.
I don't want none of your time and
No, I don't want no scrub..."

... as a BSLOS of shame. :(

Therefore:
ABC: Already Bought Carp (So Might As Well Destroy It)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-20-2009, 11:36 PM
More info on the new format from EW.COM

Scrubs boss Bill Lawrence said his cancellation-defying comedy would undergo an extreme makeover in its ninth season, and, man, he wasn't kidding. When the show returns next winter, the action will shift from the hospital to the classroom and make med-school professors of John C. McGinley's Dr. Cox and Donald Faison's Turk.

"It'll be a lot like Paper Chase as a comedy," Lawrence tells me. "It's going to be a different show. It'll still be life-and-death stakes, but if the show is just Scrubs again in the hospital with a different person's voiceover, it would be a disaster and people would be mad."

Of course, Sacred Heart won't go away altogether. Although J.D.'s old stomping ground no longer will serve as the show's base of operations, the students will occasionally rotate through its halls -- and bump into many of its familiar faces. In addition to McGinley and Faison, both of whom are expected to be full-time regulars alongside a quartet of newbies (most of them playing students), Scrubs vets Zach Braff, Sarah Chalke, Judy Reyes and Ken Jenkins have agreed to make guest appearances. (Neil Flynn has a costarring role as Patricia Heaton's husband in the new ABC sitcom The Middle, so his name-challenged Janitor will be MIA.)

"Med students in their first three years have to spend anywhere from 10 to 50 percent of their time at a hospital," Lawrence explains. "And that's when you'll see some of the [original cast members]. Continuity-wise, Sacred Heart will still exist with those people still working there."

But Lawrence insists "half the cast, if not 60 percent of it," will be comprised of freshmen, one of which will be more recognizable than the rest. "[ABC] is really after us to hire a big name," he reveals. "So one of them will be fairly famous."

I think this sounds kinda stupid. Your thoughts?

Bel-Cam Jos
06-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Didn't we already come up with names for the "new" Scrubs show? :rolleyes:

The ratings will determine the shelf life of this. Since there's very little good sit com product out there, it might survive. But I don't see it doing all that well. Chemistry is quite important.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-21-2009, 11:47 AM
It sounds better than what I was expecting, to be honest. I might watch it to check it out, so we'll see.

JimJamBonds
06-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Ehhh...... I'm not so sure about this. I thought Johnny C had a role in some new show so he'd only be in a handful of episodes?

Bel-Cam Jos
06-22-2009, 09:52 AM
It sounds better than what I was expecting, to be honest. I might watch it to check it out, so we'll see.Oh, I plan on checking it out as well. I just don't know if it'll have the same type (obviously not the same, exactly) of draw for me to return week after week. Many spin-offs have faded pretty quickly, due to either under- or over-estimating how the show will do. Finding that balance is tricky (to rock around, to rock on time, to rock all right, it's trick-ay).

JediTricks
06-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Honestly, putting it in the classroom probably won't work. Sacred Heart was already a teaching hospital. Cox's patience for students is incredibly weak, and Turk is too young to teach. This is starting to really reek of After-MASH.

pbarnard
06-22-2009, 04:12 PM
Honestly, putting it in the classroom probably won't work. Sacred Heart was already a teaching hospital. Cox's patience for students is incredibly weak, and Turk is too young to teach. This is starting to really reek of After-MASH.

How many teaching hospitals have you ever been too? Medical students all the time report to residents. Once you're done with residency, you can be appointed (and usually are) adjunct faculty to the school if you're kept on as an attending. What's unusual is that most of "classroom" instruction is done by PhD's and not MDs.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Caught an older rerun the other day, one where Eliot is having a hard time with a trainee (who ends up being the son of the hospital's CEO). Kelso says he wants to introduce the CEO to her, and she says, "what up" without looking back. Kelso's angry "'what up'?" comment has been making me chuckle since.

Ah, memories... :JDheadtilt:

JimJamBonds
11-01-2009, 03:42 PM
According to the interweb Scrubs will be back on December 1st.

Kidhuman
11-07-2009, 09:22 AM
YAY!!!! Scrubs

Bel-Cam Jos
11-08-2009, 09:43 AM
But is it Scrubs, or "Scrubs"? The quote-unquote version isn't expected to be as good. :airquotes: But, can anything be as good as its predecessor? :ESB:

JediTricks
11-08-2009, 02:16 PM
It's technically [scrubs].

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-14-2009, 07:21 AM
trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIPuoHCSjA4&feature=player_embedded

Meh. I'll give it a try though.

sonofsokol
11-14-2009, 10:57 AM
if it still has JD, Turk, and Dr. Cox it ought to be watchable at least. Dr. Cox alone might be able to carry a new show...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-14-2009, 02:04 PM
if it still has JD, Turk, and Dr. Cox it ought to be watchable at least. Dr. Cox alone might be able to carry a new show...

J.D. is only going to be around for the first few episodes, i think 3-5ish?

Rocketboy
11-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Facebook posted this clip the other day. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIJW7X-n3V0)

Bel-Cam Jos
11-14-2009, 05:17 PM
Commerical I saw today shows several of the major characters (J.D., Turk, Cox, Elliot, etc.), but they focus on the "new" ones. Dr. Wolverine? Hmm...

I'll give it a shot (get it? shot? like an inocculation? :yes: Only slightly less painful than puns :D ).

JediTricks
11-15-2009, 12:07 AM
I'm not feeling either of those videos, they are trying too hard but not hitting much for me. I hope it works, but this feels like a no.

JimJamBonds
11-15-2009, 03:34 PM

JD and Elliot will be in the first 6 that's it.

Rocketboy
11-18-2009, 03:56 PM
Eonline (http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b153735_should_you_watch_new_scrubs.html) has a SPOILERish review of the first two episodes of the new Scrubs.
Overall, they really liked it.

OK, here's the truth: We were skeptical about the idea of a new Scrubs.
As a general rule, shows without Law & Order in the title don't need a ninth season. By the time a series gets that old, the gimmick is usually played out, the castmembers and writers are burned out and the audience is ready to sign out. Especially with the knowledge that some original castmembers were either gone completely or only appearing part-time, Scrubs: The Next Generation just seemed a little desperate on ABC's part.
But we just got the first two eps of Scrubs season nine in the mail, and here's what we think after actually seeing the finished product:
Good job, TV people! The new Scrubs is frankly just great.
All the usual absurdity remains, along with just enough of J.D., Turk, Dr. Cox and Kelso to make the series seem like the one you know and love, but the new kids all turn out to be incredibly watchable and fresh. If you've been a Scrubs fan for a while, their humor and peccadilloes will seem familiar, but the new people make everything seem shiny, fresh and new.
But before we get too deep into telling you about the new kids, let's circle back to the beloved old gang. You'll be happy to hear that both Neil Flynn and Sarah Chalke (http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/celebs/c116555_Sarah_Chalke.html) make token appearances in the first episode back (airing Dec. 1). The show gives Neil Flynn's Janitor a very amusing exit story that we won't spoil here. And actually pregnant (http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b139476_scrubs_star_sarah_chalke_having_baby.html) Chalke appears in the season premiere as J.D.'s seven-months-preggo baby mama. The rest of the originals keep doing their thing: J.D. (Zach Braff (http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/celebs/c117437_Zach_Braff.html)) and Turk (Donald Faison (http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/celebs/c110437_Donald_Faison.html)) are still in love, Dr. Cox (John C. McGinley) is still a delightful jerk, the Todd (Robert Maschio) is still a perv, Kelso (Ken Jenkins) is still a curmudgeon and all is right with the world.
As for the so-called "next generation," we encounter them in the lovely new university hospital, which appears to be a modernist building situated on a Southern plantation. (It's a million times prettier than dumpy ol' Sacred Heart, and you'll dig it.) Eliza Coupe returns as prickly, seemingly emotionless Denise, except now she's met her match in older-than-average, smartass med student Drew (Michael Mosley). The new antagonist is Dave Franco, whoplays Cole, a smug, sleazy, entitled douche whose character seems to be half Chuck Bass, half wannabe. (It takes him about 15 minutes to start giving Turk fits.) The standout, though, is Kerry Bishé as Lucy, a fragile and sweet young med student who takes J.D.'s role as Cox's punching bag of choice. Lucy is hilariously naive and hopeful, and you can't help but care what happens to her.
In short, we retract all our previous reservations about season nine, and we're delighted that creator Bill Lawrence and ABC were able to work out a continuation to the series. The deal seems to be paying off nicely for us fans!
Scrubs returns with a one-hour block of new episodes Dec. 1 at 9 p.m. Be there.

JimJamBonds
11-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Sounds good, HOWEVER lets see what its like starting at episode 7 when JD and Elliot etc are gone.

Rocketboy
12-01-2009, 10:22 PM
New Scrubs: Not too bad.

I liked how they gave Janitor a send-off, Elliot's 30 cameo was cool, but not even a mention of Carla?

I still don't like Denise.

The new med students are pretty good so far, but I'm not sure I like the hot blond being a new JD with the inner monologue and fantasies and all. And the one cocky rich kid looks a bit like James Franco.

And I missed the first like 15 seconds - what happened to Sacred heart?

JediTricks
12-02-2009, 04:36 AM
It didn't quite work for me, lots of change all at once, and Denise, poor Denise, she was the only new character I liked last season and now she's all "boyfriended" which completely undermines who she is (that, and she's a TA and apparently a resident). The JD & Turk stuff felt very surface, very fluff, while the actual storylines didn't feel all that Scrubs. Killing Enid and dissing Carla & Izzy like that was odd, and knocking down the hospital only to magically make it a college was a WTF. I'll give it another chance, but it's now more of a Tuesday-time-killer since it's such an empty night otherwise (just NCIS).

sonofsokol
12-02-2009, 09:23 AM
My concerns started with the horrible new remake of the opening song. I really like the original Lazlo Bane song and the sped up version they used to have during the opening. The new version sounds really crappy. Some shows have opening credits/songs that I love to sing along to to get me "in the mood" for the show... for example, my wife and I love trying to sing along with the Barenaked Ladies opening song for Big Bang Theory. I love humming the Office's song. My all time favorite was yelling the opening scream on CSI: Miami after Horatio gives his corny line... I had to give that show up though. There is just too much really good stuff on these days.

Anyway, it feels like they are trying to be too "Scrubsy" if you know what I mean. I thought having the one student send Dr. Cox a picture of himself wearing the #1 every 10 minutes was pretty funny especially with JD's reaction to it:whip: The hot Australian student is a fun addition;): The rich kid, Cole, was waaaay too annoying.

I'll wait to pass judgement for a few more weeks. Better off Ted starts next week. It is one of my favorite new shows from last year. Scrubs and Ted were a great duo last year.

Finally, in the "perhaps I shouldn't share this department" after Elliot put the "10 gallon hat" on JD, I looked at my wife and she said, "yeah...no."

JimJamBonds
12-02-2009, 07:04 PM
All in all I thought those were two decent episodes last night.

And the one cocky rich kid looks a bit like James Franco.

I don't like that guy.

So apparently JD and Elliot are married??? WTF?!?!?! So Dr. Cox is a prof but is he still the chief of medicine? How about Turk is he still the chief of surgery? Or is he just a prof? And JD, what about him leaving Sacred Heart for that promotion at Kim's hospital??? I hope Elliot does something more then just rest her "almost jugs" on JD's head.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-03-2009, 07:21 AM
Carp, carp, CARP! Totally forgot about it. :hitsselfinhead: :upset:

Rocketboy
12-03-2009, 02:29 PM
Carp, carp, CARP! Totally forgot about it. :hitsselfinhead: :upset:
You can watch it online.

sonofsokol
12-09-2009, 03:01 PM
If they are trying to make the campus cops in the golf cart into the new janitor-like character they are failing.

This episode was pretty funny. Its kinda like the new Clone Wars compared to the original micro series... if you compare them to the originals they kinda seem to suck, but if you take them for what they are, they aren't all that bad.

I really want candy hands

JediTricks
12-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Last night's ep was ok, trying too hard to be like classic Scrubs though. Lucy's obsession with ponies, and Denise being there for the kid, specifically. Still, it's not entirely unwatchable.

And the one cocky rich kid looks a bit like James Franco.The actor is Dave Franco, James' younger brother.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-09-2009, 06:45 PM
I concur as I also agree with you as well, too, JT. It's not unwatchable. Yet.

I expected the guard to take away someone's cases of Miller High Life at some point.

JediTricks
12-09-2009, 09:09 PM
"Yet" meaning you have faith they'll screw up, or "yet" meaning "as soon as JD's gone in 3 more episodes, it'll suck"?

Rocketboy
12-09-2009, 09:54 PM
I really want candy handsBe careful what you wish for...
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fojrw_vU0k8)

The actor is Dave Franco, James' younger brother.Well, I guess that explains that.

JimJamBonds
12-10-2009, 06:25 PM
I still don't like Dave Franco's character.

So is that it for Elliot? JD rests her "almost jugs" on his head and then 'peace out?' Weak I tells ya, weak!

JediTricks
12-11-2009, 06:07 AM
Be careful what you wish for...
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fojrw_vU0k8) First thing I thought of as well, and it made me sad because they're cribbing from a much funnier commercial since it delivers on the promise.

Well, I guess that explains that.I hope so!

I still don't like Dave Franco's character.Yeaaaah, I don't think you're supposed to. Honestly, I am expecting Cox to eventually take a crack at him and send him down to Doug territory of failure.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-11-2009, 07:22 AM
"Yet" meaning you have faith they'll screw up, or "yet" meaning "as soon as JD's gone in 3 more episodes, it'll suck"?To quote Homer Jay Simpson: "In those words? ... Yes."

JimJamBonds
12-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Honestly, I am expecting Cox to eventually take a crack at him and send him down to Doug territory of failure.

He better. :p

Bel-Cam Jos
12-16-2009, 06:31 PM
It's getting closer to the regulars leaving. I think the writers are watching and listening to the theme song intro too much; I don't know if these newbies can "do this all on [their] own," being no Superman, or not.

But I found this one quite funny, BTW.

JimJamBonds
12-16-2009, 07:58 PM
One more thing about JD popped into my head while watching last nights episode, since he is a prof at the hospital they must have him leaving somehow right? Otherwise how can't they show the stuff that him and Turk do? With JD leaving for another hospital as shown at the end of last year I understand how they could "get away with it" but since he is still there at Sacred Heart how will they pull this one off???

Rocketboy
12-16-2009, 10:42 PM
And they've only got 1 or 2 episodes left to write him out.

sonofsokol
12-17-2009, 09:38 AM
I thought this was a really good episode. It actually felt like the old Scrubs to me. It was nice that Ted got a send off.

I find the character I miss the most is the Janitor, but he's great in "The Middle"

Too bad they gave Cole a redeeming moment, I kind of liked hating him. I found his dislike of touching bread to be really random and really funny.

I was reading some stuff online and found out that Elliot is going to be in episode 6, which is set air 12/29/09.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-17-2009, 04:12 PM
I watched the first episode a few days ago. It wasn't horrible, but I don't think I'll be watching regularly. I didn't like any of the new characters and the old characters were doing nothing but old jokes, so really, what's the point? Last season was the perfect send-off so I'll end it with that.

JimJamBonds
12-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Too bad they gave Cole a redeeming moment, I kind of liked hating him. I found his dislike of touching bread to be really random and really funny.

Don't worry I still don't like him. :D

JediTricks
12-19-2009, 03:27 PM
My theory is that either JD'll take time off for his 2nd kid with Elliot, or he'll just fade into the background as another professor they mention every once in a while but we don't see.

Cole needed that redeeming moment, and I liked that they gave it to him without a big deal pushing him, he's just there and he's still a jackass. But yeah, he's not a good person so far and making him one will only weaken the integrity of the show.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-23-2009, 09:58 AM
Odd detail (although not unexpected) about last night's... I cared little about the doings of the "regulars" as much as the new chars. Problem was, I really didn't care much about the newbies.

Funnies?
- ear flicking
- Hardy Boys book covers
- "attempted" stealing
- "staaaaallllllling..."

JimJamBonds
12-24-2009, 09:21 PM
So..... ummmm...... JD's "gone?" I do like the fact they made fun of it by JD saying "I've left and come back so many times..." I also liked the Hardy Boys stuff along with the dueling "thoughts" between JD and 'new JD' (I'm blanking on her name).

JediTricks
12-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Her name is Lucy.

I dug the Hardy Boys bit, that was some fine funny. I also liked Denise copping to her chubby-chaser days so matter-of-factly, that girl is twisted.

JimJamBonds
12-25-2009, 04:50 PM
...also liked Denise copping to her chubby-chaser days so matter-of-factly, that girl is twisted.

Yup, it was nice to see them "address" that as well.

JimJamBonds
01-02-2010, 04:33 PM
The first rule of pillow fight club is don't talk about pillow fight club.

Anybody else catch last nights episode??? I thought it was strange to have a new one on Friday night, but I did see that there will be two episodes this coming Tuesday so thats cool. :)

Darth Metalmute
01-02-2010, 07:53 PM
I had it DVR'ed but because of the Rose Bowl missed the last 10 minutes. What I saw was good.

sonofsokol
01-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Anybody else catch last nights episode??? I thought it was strange to have a new one on Friday night, but I did see that there will be two episodes this coming Tuesday so thats cool. :)

Bad news for Scrubs and Better off Ted fans... (http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/scrubs-better-off-ted-burning-off-cancelled/)

JimJamBonds
01-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Dang not good, I thought it was weird to have a new episode on Friday night I guess now I know the reason. :(

JediTricks
01-04-2010, 06:42 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Scrubs was whatevs and kinda forced, but Friday's episode of Better Off Ted was one of the funniest things ever.

Darth Metalmute
01-04-2010, 08:49 PM
I watched the first few episodes of Better off Ted. I liked it but then they said it would be cancelled so I stopped watching. I hate getting into shows and then having them cancelled without an proper ending. Now I can't get into it because I don't remember half of the characters.

sonofsokol
01-04-2010, 09:10 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Scrubs was whatevs and kinda forced, but Friday's episode of Better Off Ted was one of the funniest things ever.

My sentiments exactly. Better off Ted has been very enjoyable since the beginning. Portia de Rossi is hilarious. I can't figure out why it hasn't done better.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-05-2010, 11:26 PM
And, to borrow a line from the 2nd of tonight's 2 new Scrubs, "you like [this new Scrubs cast a little], don't you?" They have been growing on me, just a little.

JediTricks
01-06-2010, 06:20 PM
The first episode last night was pretty good, getting back into the Scrubs rhythm. The second one was a little more forced. They're starting to make Cole less obnoxious, which is both good and bad. Cole had some funny stuff I can't quite remember in the first episode too, just little looks and reactions that could only come from someone who knows what a joke he is.

Better off Ted is still one of my favorite things on TV right now, I am about to watch the 2nd ep from last night. I really hope they don't cancel this show.

JimJamBonds
01-07-2010, 06:45 AM

Is that due to the Field Marshal Rommel reference?!?! :D

sonofsokol
01-07-2010, 02:06 PM
I really enjoyed the first episode. I like the relationship that Dr. Reid and Lucy have developed. The second episode was pretty funny too. The ending with Lucy instructing Cole on which phrases he could no longer use was hilarious. "I can't just quit COLE turkey!!"

I find that I don't really miss JD all that much. I think that I enjoy the moments that Turk is missing JD more than when they were together this season. I loved him using JD's "rash" joke with the students.

Lastly, I think Denise looks better in scrubs and braids than all gussied up like she was at the end of the first episode... :lipsrsealed:

Darth Metalmute
01-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Lastly, I think Denise looks better in scrubs and braids than all gussied up like she was at the end of the first episode... :lipsrsealed:

I was disappointed with that as well. I figured she would look great dressed up but she looked like she belonged in Weird Science. Not that is was bad, just disappointing.

JimJamBonds
01-13-2010, 08:30 AM
It was nice to see Jordan and JD last night, I presume it was shown out of order from when it was shot otherwise why was JD at the hospital the whole show?

I meant to say this last week but my question of isn't Cox still the chief of medicine and Turk the chief of surgery was answered with a "yes." Thank you [scrubs] writers. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
01-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Last night's ep was alright, although it definitely felt out of place to add Jordan and JD to the mix after none of the former and the latter supposedly quitting. Denise cracked me up again, I don't even remember which specific part. JD looked so stupid in those cardigans, and his inner monologue screaming for more girl names was a real left turn.

Better Off Ted had 2 funny eps last night. It bums me out that ABC is likely going to street both of these shows soon.

sonofsokol
01-13-2010, 03:30 PM
I think the funny Denise part was her talling Elliott suggesting to Elliot that they walk in silence after she (Elliot) was describing her "post-pregnancy action plan."

I don't know it its on purpose, but Denise's boyfriend/Cox's #1 (I'm blanking on his name) sounds and acts just like Dr. Cox. I think it is intentional, but he has it down pat.

In regards to Better Off Ted, Phil and Lem's insult equation was really funny as was them getting beat up in the elevator. :hurt: This show is flat out funny. Lem and Phil are a great pair.

When/If this show gets cancelled it will rank high on the shows that got cancelled too early. My top 2 are Firefly and Arrested Development, but Ted is right up there.:sad:

JimJamBonds
01-13-2010, 03:39 PM
I think the funny Denise part was her talling Elliott suggesting to Elliot that they walk in silence after she (Elliot) was describing her "post-pregnancy action plan."

She also had some good lines with Dr. Cox.

JediTricks
01-14-2010, 04:13 PM
I think Denise has been made into the clone of Dr Cox actually. Her boyfriend, Drew, is a little more forgiving and less intolerant than Perry.

Lem & Phil getting beat down by the water guy was funny, but I think the real payoff to that was instead of just a joke of them being seen on the floor with the broken water bottle, Phil's earnest line was "I'm glad that water bottle finally broke!" - that killed me. That and Linda saying to the children "you know how it is when you're ovulating" at the end were just too funny for words.

Oh my god, there's a Youtube video of outtakes from this episode that is SUPER dirty and awesome. You just got Phil-abustered! Ted-ucated! Lem-basted!

Bel-Cam Jos
01-27-2010, 07:03 PM
The television guide (on paper and the TV station guide) said Mr. Executive Producer Braff was on, but I was certain he was not. Was I right (I did miss the first minute or so)? This one was a bit blah, but then I was dealing with the end of a cold, so maybe I wasn't in the right mood.

sonofsokol
01-27-2010, 09:38 PM
I don't remember seeing JD in the episode at all. I agree, this episode was a bit blah:tired:

JediTricks
01-28-2010, 03:43 AM
Not in this episode, no.

The ratings are nosediving even worse now, so I suspect this is the last season of Scrubs.

JimJamBonds
01-28-2010, 05:31 PM
The television guide (on paper and the TV station guide) said Mr. Executive Producer Braff was on, but I was certain he was not. Was I right (I did miss the first minute or so)?

My tv guide has been saying he's been in every episode this season.

JimJamBonds
03-11-2010, 10:16 AM
Anybody else catch last nights (last?) episode? I was flipping around the tv guide and saw [Scrubs] was on ABC, I thought it was weird that they'd show old episodes but I was even more surprised to find out it was a new episode. I did a search and didn't find any new shoes so I'm guessing that last night was it.

Rocketboy
03-11-2010, 03:43 PM
I think next week is the series finale.

JediTricks
03-11-2010, 04:24 PM
I did catch it, and it was a really good episode. Cole had a bunch of real laughs from me, and I usually just hate the guy. More Bob Kelso is always good. I think this was an episode proving they have found their own legs, and naturally it's 1 ep before the finale. :( This ep had the 2nd strongest ratings of the whole season despite being off the air for 2 months and having NO marketing pointing to the new timeslot. Smooth move, ABC.

And indeed, next week's is the last episode. Spoiler Alert:
=== Cole realizes he wants to be a surgeon, no surprise at all from me. ===

JimJamBonds
03-11-2010, 06:52 PM
When is it on next week Wednesday again?

JediTricks
03-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Yes, March 17th at 8pm EST/PST but watch for changing schedules just in case.

sonofsokol
03-12-2010, 12:17 AM
I started out really hating Cole, but he is one of my favorite characters now. He makes me laugh.

JimJamBonds
03-12-2010, 08:54 AM
I started out really hating Cole, but he is one of my favorite characters now. He makes me laugh.

I didn't like him at the start and I'm still not a fan, although he's less of a D bag. Stupid writers. lol

Bel-Cam Jos
03-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Series finale, eh? Well, they always say it's better to go out on top.

I, too, liked this episode. But I am tired of seeing ZB's name in the credits on my TV. I know he won't be in it, but it's still annoying. Wonder if he'll appear in the finale. Will there be St. Patty's Day jokes, since it's on the 17th? Or Ides of March, two days later (someone brought into the ER with multiple stab wounds, wearing a togo from a frat party?).

Bel-Cam Jos
03-18-2010, 06:32 PM
So, that's it? Really?

Darth Metalmute
03-18-2010, 07:21 PM
my DVR said season finale

Rocketboy
03-18-2010, 10:05 PM
The official facebook page has been saying series finale.

The episode was decent, but felt like just another episode with a season finale slant.

sonofsokol
03-18-2010, 10:19 PM
I loved Cole's line "...let a little out, let it dry, let a little out, let it dry..."
I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. If that was indeed the series finale, that was pretty weak.

JimJamBonds
03-19-2010, 08:34 AM
It was a good episode but not a "series finale." The Cole line was great, my favorite was probably The Todd's line of "er*$ic novelty wines."

sonofsokol
03-19-2010, 09:31 AM
^^^ Patent Pending Five, you gotta love "the Todd" :yes:

JimJamBonds
03-19-2010, 11:18 AM
^^^ Patent Pending Five, you gotta love "the Todd" :yes:

That was nice as well!

JediTricks
03-19-2010, 03:11 PM
That would have been an ok regular episode, but a shamefully lame final episode, pretty weak even for a season finale.