PDA

View Full Version : Scrubs

Pages : [1] 2

DarthQuack
01-11-2006, 08:55 AM
Anyone still watch this show? It's one of my favorite shows. I'm liking this new season so far, although it's a little odd that they have had two new shows each week the last two weeks. I'm just glad to see it back.

Rocketboy
01-11-2006, 10:42 AM
Love the show. It's probably tied with Family Guy as my favorite.
For a while it was a show I've never really had a chance to see much of because it was always on when I was in class, but I would watch it every chance I got.
I got season 1 on DVD for my birthday and watched it probably a dozen times. And I got season 2 for Christmas (and just started my second round of viewing). Can't wait fir season 3 to be released.
I don't think there has been a bad episode, IMO.

JediTricks
01-11-2006, 04:03 PM
These first 4 eps have been a little uneven, but by the end of each hour I feel like they have gotten back on track with solid funny. I really hope they don't bother going down the JD with Elliott road again, it's happened twice now and both times weakened the show.

I was surprised that Elliott got her job back at Sacred Fart (that *was* a good one :D) because the producers had said she was gonna keep her job at the other hospital for a while, but I can't say that was working for the show anyway so...

I really hope NBC doesn't end up cancelling the show at the end of this season, it seems like they are punishing the series for Zack Braff having to delay his first week back of filming a week by delaying the season premiere 3 months.

lukesky27
01-11-2006, 08:24 PM
I must say that I have enjoyed the first four episodes so far as Scrubs has been my favorite show for the last several years. I really missed it when those goofs at NBC pushed the season back for so long. I thought it was going to be gone when it was not on the Fall lineup back in the summer. The four episodes have all been solid and reminded me how much I was missing.
I believe that NBC is putting two episodes on per night for awhile to get it "caught-up" with the other shows in this season.

I thought it was strange when Elliott came back to Sacred Heart also as the big season finale last year had someone leaving the hospital. But, I am happy that she is back.

BTW, the "Bruce Lee" opening was great!!!

Darth Jax
01-11-2006, 08:24 PM
JT, were they really punishing the show or just continuing with tradition. Scrubs started as a mid-season replacement and each season has debuted new episodes in december or january.

i'm glad it's back, but now that they've moved my name is earl to thursdays i have 2 nites a week to turn the tube on.

JediTricks
01-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Zack Braff himself was quoted as saying that he thought they were punishing the show for a 1-week starting delay, which wouldn't really have affected their schedule at all but the suits didn't like being challenged.

You're mistaken about when it started though, its first ep was 10/2/01, right in line with the normal fall season. The next ep was only 2 days later, back when they really wanted folks to watch the show, then the 9th kicked off their regular airing schedule for that year. Season 2 started on 9/26/02, again right at the beginning of NBC's fall schedule. Season 3 was 10/3/03. Season 4 was actually a month early with 8/31/04. And each season has ended on time either in late April or May.

Darth Jax
01-22-2006, 10:29 AM
Zack Braff himself was quoted as saying that he thought they were punishing the show for a 1-week starting delay, which wouldn't really have affected their schedule at all but the suits didn't like being challenged.

You're mistaken about when it started though, its first ep was 10/2/01, right in line with the normal fall season.

i bow at the altar of knowledge that is JT.

anyone else find that this season they seem to be forcing the chemistry that seemed to come a little more naturally in the earlier seasons?

Sentinel18725
01-22-2006, 04:11 PM
This season does seem to be a little more forced. I guess I enjoyed watching the thinking of some scarred new Doctors. Now, they are not as new and afraid. It just looses a little something in the new condition.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-22-2006, 05:18 PM
I enjoy this show, but it isn't my favorite. J.D. is pretty damn hilarious, though. I only started watching this show recently, but my sisters have liked it for a while.

Dave_Cameron
01-22-2006, 05:47 PM
Great show! Zach Braff is an underrated talent. Did you guys see his Garden State movie? Great writing & acting in that. I totally recommend it.

Darth Jax
01-24-2006, 10:10 PM
i saw garden state. i'd like to say that it was great all around (acting/writing/music), because that's the popular opinion to have. but really it was only mediocre.

tonite's first episode seemed to recapture the feel of the early ones. the inclusion of ted's band in their ever-changing themes of music was great to see, and the way they incorporated the wizard of oz completed it.

UKWildcat
01-24-2006, 10:31 PM
I thought Garden State was a good movie, I enjoyed it. You are right, it was well written and directed. And of course Natalie Portman. :thumbsup:

Ted's band is awesome. I get a kick out of them everytime. They did a real good job on Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". Excellent song btw.

Pepe?

DarthQuack
01-24-2006, 11:23 PM
Another great night of Scrubs....not sure if they are ever gonna just give us one new episode a night instead of two. Not really complaining, but whatever.

Rocketboy
01-25-2006, 10:44 AM
I love Garden State. It's one of my favorite movies.

Last nights episodes of Scrubs were great. I loved the whole Wizard of Oz theme and the way all the little pieces were there (like Toto on the ipod, the yellow line, and red shoes, ect), but you didn't totally put it all together until it was spelled out at the commercial.

JediTricks
01-25-2006, 03:16 PM
The first ep last night was their 100th, and it felt TOTALLY back on track unlike the rest of this season where it feels a little forced (still entertaining, but not as much so), the whole thing was built perfectly and I started picking up on the Wizard of Oz cues about 5 minutes in (although I missed the reference on the red-painted shoes until the last shot was closing).

The second ep was entertaining too, although I think the chemistry of the comedy is what's forced, not the chemistry of the characters, JD doing mic-check is an example of that (he's become too over the top), and some of the stuff going on which led to the patient's death was a victim of their "forced comedy", JD and Turk leaving the hospital during their shifts just to get the guy's thank-you seemed way too out there, same with Elliott's predicament. But it still worked as a lesson ep, even if the writers were too lazy to actually put together driving forces that got them there. JD getting caught narrating was pretty good though.

JediTricks
02-08-2006, 03:04 PM
Those were 2 pretty good eps, a little scattered but not as forced as some of the earlier eps this season, and I liked that they were able to show JD that he finally broke up with a girl for the right reason.

I was disappointed that the Air Band's video on the NBC.com website wasn't more than 1 song, it was just the full version of "More than a Feeling" which wasn't that much more than what we saw.

Darth Jax
02-08-2006, 07:51 PM
JT, how can you mention last nites eps and not talk about LANDO?!? there really was no reason for his cameo, but is there really ever a good reason for a cameo. turk's refusal to recognize him as another but Lando totally is how any fanboy would react.

DarthQuack
02-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Best part of the episodes were Billy Dee of course and the air band segments, I thought it was hilarious.

JediTricks
02-09-2006, 03:52 AM
Billy Dee was in it? I had no idea. ;) I figured it went without saying.

lukesky27
02-09-2006, 06:22 PM
Billy Dee was in it? I had no idea. ;) I figured it went without saying.

The way that Turk squealed with delight at seeing Billy Dee and then calling him nothing but Lando was hilarious. I seriously laughed so hard that my wife came in from another room to see what the hell was going on.

I like where this season is heading with JD, I think that he is on the verge of...something special for him. Turk and Carla's marriage is starting to annoy me though.

LS27

DarthQuack
03-01-2006, 11:09 PM
Good Scrubs last night....well worth the wait for the Olympics to pass.

Rocketboy
03-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Awww, sonuvab****! I forgot it was on!

JediTricks
03-02-2006, 04:53 PM
JD treating Keith like garbage seemed a bit much to me, 1 ep maybe but as a continuing thing, I don't see it. Still, the rest of the episodes were pretty good, though the ending to the second one with the "to be continued" was a real kick in the groin.

JediTricks
03-17-2006, 01:42 PM
Well, the continuation was ok, Dave Foley is always a welcome guest though so that was cool. Dealing with death is never that funny though. ;)

This last ep was good, the characters had just regular character time rather than "big important story time". There was lots of emotional content, lots of comedy, the janitor got one-upped, Kelso and Cox found a middle ground, and Elliott that great bit with the emptied eggs and apples. The only thing I didn't like was how JD came to Elliott's rescue at the end, she WAS in the wrong with giving Keith special treatment and nobody really addressed that.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-20-2006, 07:36 PM
I've been watching the reruns recently, which are showing on Comedy Central, WGN, and the CW (in my area, anyway). It's been good to catch up on stuff I missed, as I only started watching this most recent season.

New episodes finally start on November 30 after My Name is Earl and the Office, and before 30 Rock, which will be a sweet night of TV. I saw a commercial for it, which showed that Turk was apparently going to miss the birth of his kid. Should be pretty good.

Oh, yeah, and I have a Scrubs avatar too.

Rocketboy
11-20-2006, 08:39 PM
Awesome. I was wondering when it was going to start up again.
Earl, The Office, and Scrubs all on one night? Now I really need to make sure I have Thursday nights off!

DarthQuack
12-05-2006, 11:37 PM
Good season 6 premiere, liked the dual actors/characters, pretty sneaky. :)

Kidhuman
12-06-2006, 05:57 AM
I read they are actually working on a musical epsiode for this season. Thatshould be great

Rocketboy
12-06-2006, 09:22 AM
It was a good premiere. I didn't realize the woman was Zach Braff until after I realized the Janitor was the old guy. I just thought it was a regular guy in drag. Anyone notice her name - Mrs. Zeebee (Z.B. - Zach Braff).

As for the musical episode, you can get a sneak peek if you use itunes.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=17787

Bel-Cam Jos
12-09-2006, 09:54 AM
I've been watching the reruns recently, which are showing on Comedy Central, WGN, and the CW (in my area, anyway). It's been good to catch up on stuff I missed, as I only started watching this most recent season.

Oh, yeah, and I have a Scrubs avatar too.All of that is true for me, JJL, even the fact that you have a Scrubs avatar! Unless, of course, you change your avatar in the future (insert eerie, spooky music here), then it'd be a lie. A LIE!

It's been a while since I've LOL'd at a TV show, and the reruns have been funny enough to do just that. Oddly enough, since this season's opening episode was more serious in its tone, I didn't laugh that much.

JediTricks
12-09-2006, 07:14 PM
Yeah, the first ep was a little tough to laugh with, but it had some funny moments. I thought this Thursday's episode where Carla has the baby was pretty funny, the thing with the miracle dog was good, everybody slapping Turk for Carla was great, everything that Jack said was hysterical ("my mommy got an abortion, my mommy got an abortion"), JD's woman was no slouch in the funny department, Keith's admission about another of Elliot's creepy fetishes was... disturbing. :D I was surprised at the frank and non-Afterschool-Special manner they dealt with the abortion thing, that was pretty good, even got a few laughs out of it.

Rocketboy
12-11-2006, 06:05 PM
Enjoy a very special 10 minute Scrubs Christmas episode (http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/12/09/a-charlie-brown-christmas-scrubs-style-video/).

JediTricks
12-12-2006, 05:51 PM
That was pretty good, I didn't expect Dr Cox as Linus though.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-15-2006, 09:30 PM
Anyone else notice the subtle commentary that Starbuck$ is basically trash, in this week's ep?

Kidhuman
12-15-2006, 10:04 PM
Yeah I saw that too BCJ, I hate starbucks.

Dar' Argol
12-16-2006, 12:52 AM
That video was friggin GREAT!!!

Anyone else notice the subtle commentary that Starbuck$ is basically trash, in this week's ep?

You know I found this particularly funny. Recently my sister was in Hershey Medical Center. And in the lobby of Hershey is a friggin Starbucks. I remember making some comment about how absurd it was to have a Starbucks right inside the darn hospital . . . . . then I saw this weeks Scrubs and darn near fell off the couch!

Bel-Cam Jos
12-16-2006, 05:35 PM
You know I found this particularly funny. Recently my sister was in Hershey Medical Center. And in the lobby of Hershey is a friggin Starbucks. I remember making some comment about how absurd it was to have a Starbucks right inside the darn hospital . . . . . then I saw this weeks Scrubs and darn near fell off the couch!Chocolate mochas in Hershey, per chance? :D BTW, since it was "Coffee Bucks" (I think) maybe they didn't mean to reference Starbuck$. :rolleyes: I'm just waiting for my church to get one... so I can avoid that one, too (the franchise, not the church... don't get mad at me, God! Even though I'm not Margaret! :eek: ).

2-1B
12-16-2006, 06:09 PM
I have yet to see a complete episode of this show...but I've heard good things.

JimJamBonds
12-26-2006, 10:29 AM
I never saw much of Scrubs before but last night there was a marathon on Comedy Central and I have to say I liked what I saw! :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
12-26-2006, 04:17 PM
Scrubs is a damn funny show, it comes on every weeknight from 7-8 on comedy central. Also the local FOX station runs it around midnight here, so you can check your local listings.

Rocketboy
12-26-2006, 11:07 PM
Scrubs is on quite a few channels now that its in syndication.
:thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
12-27-2006, 08:18 AM
Yup yup, its on WGN from 10:30-11:30.

Kidhuman
01-19-2007, 07:41 AM
Holy CARP was last night episode hilarious. The all musical episode did not disappoint. Saved to the DVR. Instatnt classic in my eyes.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Dude, KH - with your avatar and mine, I sense some "guy love" coming on. :D

I thought most of it was great, but it was a little slow at times, and I just don't like musicals much in the first place. Oh well, it was fun.

UKWildcat
01-19-2007, 02:01 PM
Dude, KH - with your avatar and mine, I sense some "guy love" coming on. :D

lol

I'm not a fan of musicals either, but last night's episode was awesome. I was very surprised. Probably the best sitcom "musical" that I've seen... :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
01-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Its Guy Love, thats all it is JJL. But you aint never been inside3 of me or vice versa.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-19-2007, 09:19 PM
Holy CARP was last night episode hilarious. The all musical episode did not disappoint. Saved to the DVR. Instatnt classic in my eyes.Carp, carp, CARP! I missed last night, realizing it this morning, and thought I might've missed that one! Guess I'll have to wait... some.

Kidhuman
01-20-2007, 01:23 PM
Zach Braff leaving the show??

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/a36132/braff-to-quit-scrubs-to-make-movies.html

UKWildcat
01-20-2007, 02:10 PM
It was my understanding that this was going to be the final season.

JediTricks
01-20-2007, 05:55 PM
Great ep, I didn't expect the musical to work but it TOTALLY did, the poop song had me in tears, not too many songs out there about stool samples.

I hadn't heard any of that "last season" stuff, I hope it's not true.

UKWildcat
01-20-2007, 09:06 PM
I hadn't heard any of that "last season" stuff, I hope it's not true.

Yea, I hope it's not true either. They are only signed on for this season, so I guess it's up in the air. I've heard/read mixed things... There is, of course, the possibility that even if Braff leaves, they would continue on but Scrubs would definitely NOT be the same w/o him, since he is the central/focal character. It will be interesting to see how everything plays out. Like I said, I hope the show comes back...but only with Braff. If Braff leaves, they should just end strong and hang it up (just my opinion of course ;)).

Rocketboy
01-20-2007, 09:55 PM
Anyone notice the date of the story?
(August 22, 2006)

I heard this could be the last season quite a while ago also. I think it was during Zach's press for "The Last Kiss."
I automatically assumed it was a ploy for more money.

JimJamBonds
01-21-2007, 12:45 PM
There was a press release from NBC saying that The Office, My Name Is Earl and another show (or two) have been picked up for the entire 07-08 season and Scrubs wasn't on that list.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-21-2007, 01:20 PM
I think they should at least do one more season; I mean, it would be weird to introduce two more pregnancies into the show and not follow up on them after the birth. But, then again, it's had six seasons, which is quite a lot for a show whose schedule has been screwed with so many times.

But oh boy, I can't wait for sequels to Chicken Little and The Last Kiss. :dead: ;)

Kidhuman
01-21-2007, 05:13 PM
It is possible he leaves the show and goes to Washington with his girl. Who knows though. I love this show and would hate to see it gone

UKWildcat
01-22-2007, 01:10 PM
It is possible he leaves the show and goes to Washington with his girl.

Good call kh. They (the writers) definitely have that option should they continue the show and not have Braff come back. I still stand by my statement though, that if Braff leaves, they should just end strong and hang it up. Of course, I do want the show to return with the entire cast intact.

Kidhuman
01-22-2007, 01:44 PM
If he doesnt return, it would be odd. The last show could be like this. Elliot goes to her own office in private practice, JD to Washington, Carla and Turk stay(or move cross country) with Cox and Kelso still left there as new interns come in.

JediTricks
01-22-2007, 09:16 PM
There was a press release from NBC saying that The Office, My Name Is Earl and another show (or two) have been picked up for the entire 07-08 season and Scrubs wasn't on that list.Nice Barney-tar and sig, appropriately suited up.

Anyway, Scrubs is never picked up in advance that way, NBC has been screwing the series for 3 years ever since Zach Braff asked for a 3 week production start delay so he could finish a small film and the network pushed the release of that season back 4 months in retaliation. It'd be really stupid of them to dump Scrubs when they have so few good shows - in ratings or in critical response.

I don't think the series could continue without JD, he's the main character and without him the show doesn't have a core. It's like the last season of "That '70s Show" without Eric Foreman, it totally sucked the big one because it was so devoid.

Kidhuman
01-22-2007, 10:12 PM
I don't think the series could continue without JD, he's the main character and without him the show doesn't have a core. It's like the last season of "That '70s Show" without Eric Foreman, it totally sucked the big one because it was so devoid.

My wife made the same analogy.

JimJamBonds
01-22-2007, 11:53 PM
Nice Barney-tar and sig, appropriately suited up.

Thank you Sir! I watched a few episodes over the holidays and now I'm hooked!

I don't think the series could continue without JD, he's the main character and without him the show doesn't have a core.

I've only recently gotten on the Scrubs bandwagon but like JT said JD is the central character and I don't think it would really work without him.

JediTricks
01-23-2007, 05:22 AM
Yeah, HIMYM is, to quote Barney, "awesome!" The show works based on funny writing and great characters, but without Barney it'd probably be an avoided show.

Lucky for you, there's a lot of Scrubs reruns right now, Comedy Central is airing a lot every day and they're also in syndication on local broadcast.

JimJamBonds
01-23-2007, 09:55 AM
Yeah, HIMYM is, to quote Barney, "awesome!" The show works based on funny writing and great characters, but without Barney it'd probably be an avoided show.

I agree, Barney being such an "over the top" chacater is what makes the show work for me.... although Robin isn't so bad either. ;)

Lucky for you, there's a lot of Scrubs reruns right now, Comedy Central is airing a lot every day and they're also in syndication on local broadcast.

I get to watch a double shot of Scrubs on WGN when I get home from work at 10:30 each night. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
01-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Dont forget Comedy Central at 11am and also at 7pm(EST)

Rocketboy
01-23-2007, 01:00 PM
I don't think the series could continue without JD, he's the main character and without him the show doesn't have a core. It's like the last season of "That '70s Show" without Eric Foreman, it totally sucked the big one because it was so devoid.But the difference is that Scrubs is still watchable now, where That 70's Show sucked ****hole after the first couple of seasons and should have been cancelled loooong before
it was.

JediTricks
01-24-2007, 05:32 PM
I agree, Barney being such an "over the top" chacater is what makes the show work for me.... although Robin isn't so bad either. ;)Robin is a toughy, we know she's not the "mother" Ted ends up with but we know she's his pal in the future enough that she's "aunt Robin" to Ted's kids. I guess that means we won't be losing her anytime soon, but I fear it's always possible. I'm glad they're expanding on her character, she started funny but somehow for a while got lost in the writing and became generic.

But the difference is that Scrubs is still watchable now, where That 70's Show sucked ****hole after the first couple of seasons and should have been cancelled loooong before
it was.Be that as it may, it sucked a hell of a lot worse once Eric left (which should really be saying something). Scrubs has a lot of characters that I don't think would work without JD balancing them, Elliot is getting kinda unpleasant and Dr Cox I don't think could work right - and the Janitor... well, that's just plain wrong.

Kidhuman
01-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Cant have Janitor without JD.

Rocketboy
01-25-2007, 12:11 AM
Cant have Janitor without JD.Exactly. Who's he gonna pick on? Turk?

JediTricks
01-25-2007, 12:14 AM
He's been picking on Dr Cox, but they came to an agreement. Picked on Turk a little but that kinda went away. The janitor picks on just about everybody, except for "Blond Doctor" of course, but JD is his pet project. To be honest, I kinda don't care for the janitor anyway, I hate characters like that and like Mimi on The Drew Carey Show who are all mean all the time like that.

JimJamBonds
01-25-2007, 10:06 AM
Exactly. Who's he gonna pick on? Turk?

Do you mean Brown Bear?

Kidhuman
01-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Chocolate bear you mean

JimJamBonds
01-26-2007, 09:52 AM
Chocolate bear you mean

Him too, like I said I've only watched the show for about a month now. :rolleyes:

JimJamBonds
02-03-2007, 01:08 AM
I wasn't all that impressed with Thursday's episode, I could have done without the whole Iraq War business. I thought 'following' Kelso was a great idea but it just didn't work for me.

Kidhuman
02-03-2007, 06:48 AM
Yeah, the epsiode wasnt that funny. It had its moments. I didnt like JD not being in the whole episode.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-03-2007, 12:40 PM
I'll take a different view. I liked this episode. Yeah, the war stuff was a tad out-of-place, but then since the arguments in favor/against were simplisitic, it could be easily ignored. I was reminded of the Simpsons episode where they showed you life through various characters' eyes (was it "22 Views of Springfield" or something?), since Bob doesn't get focused on all that much.

Kidhuman
02-03-2007, 05:42 PM
22 short stories of springfield to be exact

JediTricks
02-04-2007, 03:29 AM
I thought there was some entertaining stuff in this ep, and revisiting the "Johnny" tattoo on Kelso's butt was a great piece of continuity (yes, it's been mentioned once before seasons ago), but they made Kelso such a deeper character that I feared throughout the episode all the way to the end that they were going to kill him (it helps that there was a rumor about a longtime regular character dying) - I'm still worried they might. I didn't mind the lack of JD in this one too much but it wasn't something I thought would work on a weekly basis either.

JimJamBonds
02-05-2007, 12:51 AM
Comedy Central had a marathon of shows on Saturday afternoon/night that featured Hollywood Cameo's.... and yup I dang near watched the entire thing (minus about 20 min. to eat supper).

Bel-Cam Jos
02-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Comedy Central had a marathon of shows on Saturday afternoon/night that featured Hollywood Cameo's.... and yup I dang near watched the entire thing (minus about 20 min. to eat supper).I, too, wasted much of Saturday catching up on this long back-to-back-to-back-to-etc. But it was worth it. Now I know where most of those promo shots on CC commercials come from.

Kidhuman
02-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Brandon Frasier was the best cameo character on the show to me. Funny as hell. Too bad he died.

DarthQuack
02-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Brandon Frasier was the best cameo character on the show to me. Funny as hell. Too bad he died.

Yea, he was in some great episodes, and the one where he died was real sad the way the shot it.

JediTricks
02-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Comedy Central had a marathon of shows on Saturday afternoon/night that featured Hollywood Cameo's.... and yup I dang near watched the entire thing (minus about 20 min. to eat supper).

I, too, wasted much of Saturday catching up on this long back-to-back-to-back-to-etc. But it was worth it. Now I know where most of those promo shots on CC commercials come from.I too ended up watching most of it, I'd keep trying to do something else and immediately get sucked back in. The only thing I didn't like was that a bunch of the episodes had hanging plot threads that weren't sewn up because the episodes immediately following weren't shown.

It was weird to see how much Elliot has changed.

Brandon Frasier was the best cameo character on the show to me. Funny as hell. Too bad he died.Yeah, I remember feeling the same way when I saw the ep in first-run, it really hit hard.

Kidhuman
02-09-2007, 01:04 AM
That was SO wrong of Kim to do to JD. He travels all that way to be with her and she lies to him. All in all a funny episode. Ted running off at the end was hilarious. Janitor getting amnesia with JD was funny too. I laughed so hard when he walked right out of the RV.

UKWildcat
02-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Yea, that was pretty messed up kh.

Ted is awesome. I was laughing hard when he stood up and went to the back of the RV while he was supposed to be driving. lol

JimJamBonds
02-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Looks like there will be a bunch of episodes this weekend on Comedy Central.

JediTricks
02-09-2007, 10:34 PM
This was a mixed bag of an episode, once again I kept fearing someone would die, this time Jordan, and it was 1 emotional kick in the jimmie after another, but there were some funny moments (even if tearing off the side of the RV was totally stupid). I was actually yelling at the screen when JD went back for the janitor after he took that wrong step.

It was totally messed up for Kim to panic like that, but I can slightly see where she was coming from (slightly!) - she's not sure about the relationship and her future and etc.. I bet anything this will be the way out for Zack Braff at the end of the season.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-10-2007, 10:33 AM
I missed seeing this week's episode because I was at a Lewis Black comedy show. There were some medical references in his routine, so I consider that I still was in the same field. ;)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Yeah, that was hella crazy for Kim to lie to JD like that; I couldn't believe it.

Pretty hysterical episode though. The random truck horns were great, especially the one that responded to Turk. I also liked the random kimonos and the strippers pole in the RV; that dirty Kelso. Braff mentioned on his blog that he would stay for a 7th season if he felt it was right and they would do some "minor scheduling tweaks"; i also just read that the 7th season will be the last one. I really don't see Braff leaving the show, especially in a final season. He's the heart and soul of the show and Bill Lawrence basically said if Braff isn't back, there won't be a 7th season, period.

And lastly, a bit late: I DVR that entire marathon and watched it last weekend. There are also 4 episodes on tonight 7-9. I just wish Target or Best Buy would put the first few seasons on sale, dammit! :crazed:

JediTricks
02-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Yeah, that was hella crazy for Kim to lie to JD like that; I couldn't believe it. Really? I kinda felt it was organic.

The random truck horns were great, especially the one that responded to Turk. I didn't get it at first with Keith because he wasn't making the gesture, but the second time he did and then Turk did.

I also liked the random kimonos and the strippers pole in the RV;
that dirty KelsoAnother classic Bob Kelso with those Kimonos! :D

Braff mentioned on his blog that he would stay for a 7th season if he felt it was right and they would do some "minor scheduling tweaks"; i also just read that the 7th season will be the last one. I really don't see Braff leaving the show, especially in a final season. He's the heart and soul of the show and Bill Lawrence basically said if Braff isn't back, there won't be a 7th season, period.One more season will be fine for me, and I really hope you're right and he doesn't leave, he's the core of the show. I have heard they WOULD try to go through a season without Braff though.

JimJamBonds
02-13-2007, 12:12 AM
I know I'm a bit behind here but I thought it was a good episode (minus the side coming off of the rv). When I saw the preview I figured Kim would tell JD that he wasn't the father so I didn't see her "miscarrage" comment coming... or the fact she still has the youngling. Since I'm not all that familar with the show could the child infact have a different father?

JediTricks
02-13-2007, 04:41 PM
Kim said it was definitely JD's, and while she did deceive about the miscarriage, I don't think the writers are going for the same kind of deception so at this point I'm thinking it definitely is his.

JimJamBonds
02-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the intel there JT, that certainly makes things interesting!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Kelso was cracking me up tonight with his random voiceover things and spraying water on Milosh at the end. Overall, pretty funny episode tonight. I would love to be able to do that bastardly whistle that Dr. Cox does so well. And JD passing out while doing "twosies" was HYSTERICAL. I also got giddy as one of my favorite songs was on show at the end: "I Summon You" by Spoon. Great track! :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
02-16-2007, 09:55 AM
So can anyone actually log onto www.thetoddtime.com (http://www.thetoddtime.com)? I've been trying since last night and can never access the website. I get the title to appear, "YEEEEA!!! It's THE TODD Time" but nothing else. :mad:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-16-2007, 11:00 AM
So can anyone actually log onto www.thetoddtime.com (http://www.thetoddtime.com)? I've been trying since last night and can never access the website. I get the title to appear, "YEEEEA!!! It's THE TODD Time" but nothing else. :mad:

There is a QT video that shows up and it's...uh,....., very, very disturbing. lol

UKWildcat
02-16-2007, 01:21 PM
I just got it to load up and it was very disturbing indeed. lol

Kidhuman
02-16-2007, 02:28 PM
Funny episode. Kelso was hiolarious and JD passing out in prison and kicking the guy was awesome.

Disturbing aint the word, he loves the banana hammocks.

Qucik question here: what is your funniest Scrubs moment? Mine has to be the Kung-Fu fighting scene with The Todd and Turk. Classic comedy right there. Betrayal 5.

UKWildcat
02-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Wow. Thats a tough one kh. Don't know if I could pick A favorite, but one of my favorites is when Kelso loses his hearing and Ted walks up to him and says:

"There you are, you deaf bastard! I hate you so much, every time you utter my name, I wanna stick my fist all the way down your throat and watch you slowly choke on it!"

But Kelso gets his hearing back before Ted says that to him and hears every word.

Hilarious scene!! lol

JediTricks
02-17-2007, 04:52 AM
Kelso was cracking me up tonight with his random voiceover things and spraying water on Milosh at the end. Overall, pretty funny episode tonight. I would love to be able to do that bastardly whistle that Dr. Cox does so well. And JD passing out while doing "twosies" was HYSTERICAL. I also got giddy as one of my favorite songs was on show at the end: "I Summon You" by Spoon. Great track! :thumbsup:Yeah, Bob Kelso with the echo and then him being the one making the rain, those were great bits!

ToddTime... so VERY wrong.

I definitely could not pick 1 moment as my favorite.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-17-2007, 09:44 AM
I definitely could not pick 1 moment as my favorite.But you're the great and powerful Super Mod! If you can't pick one, then none of us can... :cry:

My favorite line has to be Janitor's "Knife wrehhhnch. For kids." Fav moment? Apparently I can't choose it. :mad: :p

BTW, I found a mistake in the last episode! (pushes thick glasses back, snorts nerdily) The nurse says to Carla after Turk shoves Elliot near the finish line that, and I quote (snort! ), "there aren't any rules in bedpan racing." But earlier, Turk tells Elliot that she has to put the bedpan on her feet, which is clearly a rule! Way to go, lame-o writers! Ever think about checking your scripts! (snort! heh heh! )

JediTricks
02-18-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm usually pretty bad at picking 1 "favorite" of anything, so it's well within my character. ;)

Nice find, you'll really get a big no-prize on that one! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Random favorite scenes off the top of my head:
-Air banding with "More than a Feeling"- not to mention Turk's great BBD "Poison" moment
- The candyman moment where JD eats Turk's hand.

No sales this week on any of the seasons. :sad:

UKWildcat
02-22-2007, 08:50 PM
I thought tonights Scrubs was excellent. Hilarious stuff.

I loved the scene where Turk was scraping JD's back with that rake. His expression was priceless. lol

Kidhuman
02-23-2007, 06:11 AM
Turk makes some funny arsed faces and noises. He kills me.

The Mutton chopped Janitor was hilarious.

JediTricks
02-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Pretty good episode, though I can't see Keith staying with Elliot after what she pulled, that was way too far (and I don't mean the moving boxes).

Kidhuman
02-23-2007, 04:53 PM
I dont like Keiths character. It annoys me how everyone else steps all over Elliot pretty much but he is scared of her.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-23-2007, 08:46 PM
Turk makes some funny arsed faces and noises. He kills me.

The Mutton chopped Janitor was hilarious.

Pretty much any scene with Turk in it will make me laugh. I think my favorite Turk scene is probably the "I'm gonna cut you open" dance he did for JD. In fact, i'll toss out this equation: Turk + dancing = instant hilarity. Donald Faison has some great moves.

And we can't forget that girlish scream he does. lol I'm really enjoying this story arc with Brian as it's making for some great episodes. :whip:

edit: 5th season DVD due out May 22nd. http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/scrubs10.html

My B-day is this coming friday (the 2nd) so i'm hoping for some 1-4 DVD action! :crazed:

Kidhuman
02-24-2007, 06:55 AM
Maybe with the release of season 5, the others will go on sale somewhere.

The I'm gonna cut you open is hilarious, hence my tar and location

Bel-Cam Jos
02-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Being sick Thursday, I missed this week's, but that gave me time to determine some memorable moments for me.

Most saddening: when all the patients start rejecting their organs because they were rabies-infected; Cox's reactions to this.

Most shocking: realizing that they're heading to the funeral of Cox's friend (played well by Brendan Frazer).

Most funny: you know, I STILL cannot choose one! JT was right... :rolleyes:

UKWildcat
02-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Most shocking: realizing that they're heading to the funeral of Cox's friend (played well by Brendan Frazer).

I know he was Cox's only friend, but he was Jordan's brother right? All of the episodes with Brendan Fraser were excellent.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-24-2007, 02:45 PM
This week's show was damn hilarious. I loved the part when Turk just nonchalantly asked Carla about her shirt, even though it had been gone for a long time. :D Everything involving the Janitor was also great.

"Damn trannies got me in my sleep." :D

Kidhuman
02-24-2007, 09:42 PM
I know he was Cox's only friend, but he was Jordan's brother right? All of the episodes with Brendan Fraser were excellent.

Yes, he was his brother in law. And Cox also had the friend who he always competed against and his kid was also Autistic. Also Cox liked the former Chief of Medicine.

UKWildcat
03-04-2007, 12:30 PM
I just got around to watching last weeks episode. It was alright, if you are a fan of clip shows.

Kidhuman
03-04-2007, 05:05 PM
I thought they at least gave it a decent plot to a clip show with the amnesia patient and not having one because everyone was sitting around a bar or something. The Janitors flatline thing and Kelso's cinna-bum was damn funny.

UKWildcat
03-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Oh yeah! The Janitor's little sound machine. lol Classic!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-06-2007, 12:08 PM
I missed the first minute . . . was there a reason for Cox's bald head?

Kidhuman
03-06-2007, 04:56 PM
I think they said it but I cant remember.

JediTricks
03-07-2007, 07:21 PM
I missed the first minute . . . was there a reason for Cox's bald head?

I think they said it but I cant remember.Not that I saw, it actually bothered me quite a bit.

UKWildcat
03-08-2007, 10:00 AM
I just read this article over at Yahoo.

Braff cleans up with "Scrubs" payday

Tue Mar 06, 2:22 AM ET

Zach Braff is about to land a big payday, as long as his hospital comedy "Scrubs" gets renewed by NBC for a seventh season.

The actor has cut a one-year deal with "Scrubs" producer ABC TV Studio that will pay him about $350,000 per episode for the 2007-08 season of "Scrubs," sources said. Each season consists of about two-dozen episodes.

Braff's deal is contingent on NBC picking up the show for a seventh year, which is expected, notwithstanding its lowly season-to-date viewership of 6.9 million people, according to Nielsen Media Research.

If so, Braff's new deal would place him among the highest-paid male actors on television, alongside "Two and a Half Men" star Charlie Sheen, whose paycheck also is in the $350,000-per-episode range.

Representatives for Braff and ABC Television declined comment.

Braff is the anchor of the ensemble on "Scrubs," playing the amiable medical intern John "J.D." Dorian. Braff's star has been on the rise during the past few years thanks to "Scrubs" and the strong response to his author turn as writer, director and star of the 2004 indie romantic comedy "Garden State." His upcoming projects include a starring role in the comedy "The Ex," and he is slated to star and direct the drama "Open Hearts" for Paramount Pictures.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Really good news Scrubs fans! :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
03-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Awesome news, I heard it earlier today.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Really enjoyed tonights episode! Had some great moments, but I loved Turk and JD's versions on what happened with Stacey. JD's version was great with Turk and his Kid style hair and his Flava Flav clock. And Turk's version with the geek JD was great too. Janitors illusions with the fish were great and Turk and his "foofies" comments were hysterical. And c'mon, any episode that ends with REM's "Half a World Away" is great in my book. :thumbsup:

Slicker
03-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Great episode indeed. I've just recently started watching it so if I call 'em "that hot blonde" or the janitor, please excuse me.

Kidhuman
03-08-2007, 09:52 PM
The Janitor has no name, even on IMDB, he is listed as the Janitor.

I thought it was a good epsidoe tonight.

JimJamBonds
03-08-2007, 11:22 PM
The Janitor has no name, even on IMDB, he is listed as the Janitor.

He even passed out business cards one time that said "The Janitor", R. Lee Ermy was his father in one episode and his name was "The Janitor's Father." :D

JediTricks
03-09-2007, 02:16 PM
This was a weird episode, there were funny parts but the Janitor standing there didn't work until the payoff at the end, and the fish wasn't actually dead at that point. Also, Elliott getting all somberly maudlin didn't work for me at all, especially the last scene. Private Dancer turning into a tool failed as well. And how did Perry get his hair back?!? And Carla's jokes not working, that was oddly out of character. This ep mostly worked for me though, but it did feel like someone who wasn't all that familiar with innermost workings of the show wrote it... weird, I see this was written by the AICN guy who edited and wrote a few others, he should be familiar enough with it as a fanboy if nothing else, maybe it got chopped up in editing.

Hey, I just read that Dr Cox's shaved head in the previous episode will be explained in a later episode according to the show's podcast.

Kidhuman
03-09-2007, 02:30 PM
I was thinking they showed them out of order or something. Maybe becuase a clip show required an hour of work, it got done faster and mixed up.

JediTricks
03-09-2007, 02:58 PM
The production codes are in correct order, so I dunno how that'd work. At first I thought Dancer was in the last one, but now I am not sure he was.

Kidhuman
03-09-2007, 03:28 PM
He wasnt in the last one.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-09-2007, 07:59 PM
He even passed out business cards one time that said "The Janitor", R. Lee Ermy was his father in one episode and his name was "The Janitor's Father." :DAnd there've been some times where he's either called himself or had written down the name "Jan Itor."

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-09-2007, 09:01 PM
I got the first season for my birthday! Woo wooo!! I think my favorite episodes thus far are "My Old Lady" and "My Mentor." The SWesque scene was just great; JD's Luke hair KILLED me. :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Hate to double post, but I wanted to share that ALL FOUR SEASONS of SCRUBS are on sale this week at Best Buy for 19.99 each! Go get'em, kids! :crazed:

And this past week's episode was another good one. :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-23-2007, 05:13 PM
A lot of the more recent episodes have been dealing with some pretty heavy stuff, and last night's was probably the best example. I hope Laverne is okay, even though I tend to side with Dr. Cox's theory on that kind of stuff.

With all of JT's talk of doom and gloom coming up this season, and the cable guide saying "a conversation about everything happening for a reason gets cut short when tragedy hits someone close," and the fact that nearly every supporting character appeared, I was worrying pretty much the entire episode.

JediTricks
03-23-2007, 07:06 PM
When Jordan got all mushy with Dr Cox, I was afraid they were gonna kill her, but in the beginning of the episode I was sure it'd be Laverne who'd die based on how much face time she was getting and the message they were sending. The "To Be Continued" surprised me though, they've not done that before that I can think of even when the story DOES have to continue in the next ep. I still suspect she'll die.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-23-2007, 09:04 PM
I'm so bummed that Laverne is in a coma. It still makes me wonder though if they'll have her come back from the coma and randomly off somebody else. You know they won't kill off one of the main characters, so that leaves us with Laverne, the Todd, "Nervous Guy," Dr. Wen, or Ted, as that's all of the original folks I can remember. Frankly, killing off Jordan would make Dr. Cox go crazy and he's already suffered one death, i don't see the show giving him another one.

But it's probably gonna be Laverne. That bums me out as she's one of my favorite characters. The Hilton sisters are named after her breasts for petes sake!! Plus, she always had some of the best one liners. Guess we'll have to wait until next week. It will be interesting to see Dr. Cox's reaction to this though. :(

Besides that, great episode. I LOVED the guys lying in unison, that was great. And the "hot racist!" comment at the end by Turk had me laughing.

Kidhuman
03-23-2007, 10:05 PM
I think this about Lavernes coma, we were all wondering about Dr. Cox and his shaved head. Jt stated that the reason would be upcoming so follow the theory here:

Jordan sarcastically pointed out his hair-do. The whole religous aspect that the episode had makes me belive that Dr. Cox will ask God to save her life and he will shave his head in return. As I said, just a feeling I had.

That said, it was a funny episode up until Laverne went into a coma. The whole snakes bit with the janitor had me laughing and also the guy lie. Turks face right before it went into the opening song killed me when JD grabbed his leg.

UKWildcat
03-31-2007, 01:02 AM
That said, it was a funny episode up until Laverne went into a coma.

Agreed. I thought it was a really good and funny episode up until the depressing ending. I too hope Laverne is okay. :(

Turks face right before it went into the opening song killed me when JD grabbed his leg.

Another excellent facial expression by Turk. :thumbsup:

What a hota** nanny. I loved the babycam scene when she had that mask and was scaring the baby. lol JDs daydream with her and the other chick was nice too. :D

Anything Kelso does is just hilarious; gotta love some Kelso.

I'm really starting to get annoyed with Cox and Jordan.

Like I said, really good and funny episode with a serious and rather depressing ending.

JimJamBonds
04-01-2007, 09:23 PM
The "To Be Continued" surprised me though, they've not done that before that I can think of even when the story DOES have to continue in the next ep. I still suspect she'll die.

If I remember correctly TBC was used with Ben and his sickness.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Very solid episode tonight. I thought they handled Laverne's passing very well and I really enjoyed her hanging around Carla the whole time. I was hoping when she asked Cox about seeing ghosts, we would get a brief cameo from Brendan Frasier, but alas, no luck. And I did LOOOOVE Kelson's comment to Cox about fighting Superman. I was waiting for it, and Kelso did a great job. JD and his actions at the end were great. And speaking of Kelso: what was up with the comment about them getting it on?!!?? I know it was all in Carla's head, but Kelso was pretty friendly with her. That caught me off guard :sur: All in all, very good episode tonight, but i am really bummed to see Nurse Roberts go. I'll miss her wacky Jesus comments and her sass. :(

Kidhuman
04-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Laverne passing was sad, but a great epsiode. I too was hoping for a Frazier flashback or appearance, but then again, Ms Tracy showing up was funny, especially getting pregenant in heaven.

The superman comment was damn funny as was the janitor talking to her. Kelso is always funny, I cant beleive he kissed a comatose woman, that killed me.

Guess we now know why Coxy shaved his head.

Jedi Master Guyute once sat in a live studio audience for All in the Family.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-06-2007, 08:01 PM
I thought it was pretty good overall. I loved the fact that their new kid is named JD, and JD's reaction to that was great. :D

JediTricks
04-07-2007, 12:17 AM
I was hoping when she asked Cox about seeing ghosts, we would get a brief cameo from Brendan Frasier, but alas, no luck. I thought the same thing, at least a flashback to the episode, was very surprised they went with Nicole Sullivan's character instead.

And I did LOOOOVE Kelson's comment to Cox about fighting Superman. I was waiting for it, and Kelso did a great job.Yeah, that was awesome.

JD and his actions at the end were great.I loved that ending for him, awesome awesome awesome, both for JD and for Jordan.

And speaking of Kelso: what was up with the comment about them getting it on?!!?? I know it was all in Carla's head, but Kelso was pretty friendly with her. That caught me off guard :sur: Hopefully it's just Carla's imagination, I can't believe Kelso knew Laverne that long ago.

All in all, very good episode tonight, but i am really bummed to see Nurse Roberts go. I'll miss her wacky Jesus comments and her sass. :(Decent episode indeed, I'm growing really tired of Elliot though. I'm not too sad to see Laverne go, she was a part of the recipe but not a major one. If it had been Ted or Todd, I would have been more bummed (if it had been Janitor, less bummed :p). I was REALLY glad they didn't name the kid Laverne, that would have been too sentimental to stomach.

Jargo
04-07-2007, 11:16 AM
I hated this show when it first aired over here. it semd to be trying too hard to be funny. Now that I've seen some more i can see that the trying to be funny is part of the whole thing. failed jokes are funny too. Awkwardness and uncertainty give rise to brilliant pathos and bathos.

unfortunately the episodes i get to see are all out of order so i'm seeing season one mixed with season three or whatever. making it hard to follow. Plus it feels like the time slot keeps getting moved around. pah. good show though.

Rocketboy
04-07-2007, 09:07 PM
That is what the DVDs are for.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-13-2007, 06:55 PM
For a potentially-downer episode, this recent one was pretty funny at times. I plan to fake my own funeral to get hot chicks to hug me! (no shaved head doctor role models for me, J.D.) :D

Kidhuman
04-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Last nights was funny. Dr Kelso has been killing me lately. The whole fake funeral, Kelso sitting down watching Keith and Elliot fighting, and Carla going off on Elliot had me peeing. Also Jan Itor's sign language stories.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-13-2007, 09:32 PM
I LOVED the pic of JD at this funeral and the final huge thing was GREAT. His "corpse" had the geekiest look on his face. That was hysterical. :thumbsup: Kelso had some great moments too. Pretty decent episode! :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
04-14-2007, 12:24 AM
Kelso's "nagger" line just about killed me. lol

Anyone else notice Turkelton is growing hair?

JediTricks
04-14-2007, 03:13 PM
I really liked that episode, the plot wasn't all there but the gags held up for the whole group, even Elliot who has been lagging lately. Kelso had a few bright spot moments without overwhelming the rest of the time. And I did notice Turk's hair growth too! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Hysterical episode last night. I always enjoy it when the show steers away from JD and this episode was another great example.

- Todd's vision of him as a dad was funny stuff. Naming his son 'Rodd.'
- And how did you like it when he was called by his doctor title and didn't know who it was!
- Janitors comment about working so slow and being order to work slower he'd have to stop was awesome.
- I did like Jordan's comment to perry about the random cut on his arm.
- Snoop Dog Resident's name is Ronald?!?
- Ted's vision of hair was also great.
- Also, Todd's comment about JD was great.

Overall, great episode! :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
04-20-2007, 02:38 PM
I liked it focusing on the secondary characters. Great twist.

UKWildcat
04-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Yeah, that was a pretty good episode. I liked the inner thoughts of Ted the best. I thought it was hilarious when he called Kelso an "a**" when he meant to say something different outloud and think to himself that Kelso was an a**. Him hoping for the surprise party was pretty funny too. Ted saving the nurses jobs was great too. Good Ted last night. :thumbsup:

Jordan cutting Cox in his sleep was pretty funny. Usually I can't stand Jordan but she wasn't too bad in this episode. Plus it kinda showed that she actually has some feelings or emotions towards others.

JediTricks
04-21-2007, 03:36 PM
I thought this was a pretty good episode, I really enjoyed Todd and Ted's inner monologues a lot. Jordan's was ok, but revealed nothing new because she's always vocalized her feelings on everything quite well, so most of this didn't really feel insightful.

My only real complaint was that by switching 30 Rock and Scrubs' timeslots, now the funny hospital show leads into the serious hospital show and it's an awkward transition.

Kidhuman
04-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Funny episode. My fave was Turks Booty Call show. That killed me. Also Kelso "coming on Down" when Turk announced him, that killed me. Surprising ending. Didnt see that one coming

JEDIpartner
04-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Is this show still on? Gurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl-- I don't want no scrubs!

:D

Just kidding. I've wanted to bust in on this thread for a while and do that. Carry on. :)

Kidhuman
04-27-2007, 05:31 AM
Also Kelso's line about Enid discovering pasta and him discovering he dont like fat women kilkled me too.

JediTricks
04-27-2007, 09:57 PM
I totally didn't recognize Kerri Russel at first, she was pretty decent here. I wasn't exactly satisfied with the way that storyline played out, but I did like how JD acted from that point on, much more classic JD than over-the-top modern JD.

Kidhuman
04-27-2007, 10:08 PM
I also like the girl scream at the beginning.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Hysterical episode tonight!!

- the "Dayumn!" coffee table bit was great.
- Everybody imagining life with Elliot was classic. I loved the baby Janitors and doctors. Also, Perry killing her was great. He has such a great evil, diabolical smile sometimes. I also liked the blip of Turk/Elliot and Turk acting "white" and then kicking into his usual dialect was hysterical.
- The Mermaid/Goat Turk bit was great.
- Kelso in the shower kinda creeped me out, a lot.
- but Kelso's comment about hoisting Enid on the safety rail had me laughing, hysterically.
- Todd's GILF shirt. lol
- And what as up with Carla's vision of her and Elliot married?!?! Hot.
- "God is watching!" was great.

And I really hope that JD doesn't mess this up for Elliot and finds a new lady, probably in the next season. He and Elliot do NOT belong together, period.

Kidhuman
05-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Ah but they will end up together.

I loved Goat Turk, had me just about peeing. The white Turk was funny as hell also.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-04-2007, 09:58 PM
If JD and Elliott get back together for the 19th time, that would just be stupid. It just doesn't work between them and it hasn't for the past six damn years.

Keri Russell doesn't seem to fit in very well, which happens quite often with their "extended guest stars." Last night's show was pretty good, though; I loved the "damn!" sequence. :D

So, is this really the last season, or did they actually decide to do another?

*SPOILERS*

I read that Kim will return soon and JD will find out she's still pregnant. Should be interesting, if it's true.

Rocketboy
05-04-2007, 10:20 PM
So, is this really the last season, or did they actually decide to do another?Nobody knows yet. NBC has until May 15 to decide. Zach Braff recently said he thought it was possible it could go to ABC for its final year.

*SPOILERS*
I read that Kim will return soon and JD will find out she's still pregnant. Should be interesting, if it's true.Very possible. This season is supposed to end with a cliffhanger (which is why Braff wants another season).

JediTricks
05-05-2007, 04:15 PM
I thought this was an alright ep, some pretty funny moments, Carla in a maid's outfit was YOWZA (which is weird since she normally doesn't do it for me) and then Carla married to Elliot was more of that. The plot was a little off for me but mostly worked right up until JD did that "I need to be with Elliot" crap again, that totally ruined it for me, they've gone to that well 1 time too many now and it felt absolutely grotesque. If they had revealed that part earlier, I would have expected Cox to explain to JD why he's mistaken about his feelings there and that would have been great, but instead it's just mean and soap-opera-y.

Kidhuman
05-10-2007, 10:13 PM
Good episdoe. The funny moments:

Turk moving acorss the room to ask the question.
The air groping
Dr Kelso and his Entourage
The Bust a move guy

JD looked all set to tell Elliot how he was feeling and then Kim walked in. Should be interesting.

I dont blame JD for leaving. I might have done the same in that situation. She basically gave him the finger when she said she miscarried.

JediTricks
05-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Old MC was kinda funny but like not quite perfect, like they just stopped writing the funny stuff and let him stay 1-note.

It was a fairly decent episode, I didn't expect JD to run, it seemed a little too easy for them to do. Kim seems like not entirely understanding of what she pulled there, so the scene didn't quite have enough weight when she said she considered raising the kid alone - that was crass. It was pretty good to see JD go from being at his most ridiculous overly-goofy material to more mature as soon as he saw what was up.

Rocketboy
05-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Looks like Scrubs will be back for a final, shortened, 18 episode season (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=20348).

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-12-2007, 07:55 PM
Looks like Scrubs will be back for a final, shortened, 18 episode season (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=20348).

Great news!! This means the show can wrap up it's final season on NBC with no issues. Awesome! :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-13-2007, 10:22 PM
All the stuff with Elliott having planned the wedding for 10 years was funny, as was Janitor being the chief of medicine. Glad to hear it's back for one last year.

Kidhuman
05-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Who didnt see this ending coming?

I knew JD would hook back up with Kim.

Jordan has turned to carp the last few seasons. Girlfriend needs to calm down with the Botox.

Kelso and his cat fight were funny. So was his story about Enid chasing the neighbor around.

I say JD and Elliot stop before they get into it and Kim drops the kid at her wedding for the season premiere next year

DarthQuack
05-18-2007, 08:19 AM
This is one of my favorite shows, but I hate how they go back to JD and Elliot, it reminds me of freaking Friends with Ross and Rachel, they try to get them together 8 million times instead of keeping them away from each other, I don't want Kim to be alone damn it!

Kidhuman
05-18-2007, 02:40 PM
I think JD and Elliott will stop before they do something.

UKWildcat
05-18-2007, 06:41 PM
This is one of my favorite shows, but I hate how they go back to JD and Elliot, it reminds me of freaking Friends with Ross and Rachel, they try to get them together 8 million times instead of keeping them away from each other

Even though I liked Friends, I couldn't stand that element of the show; and it's sad to see the same thing happening to Scrubs. Overall I thought it was an okay finale, nothing spectacular. It was a good season though, and I'm very pleased that it is coming back.

JediTricks
05-18-2007, 11:56 PM
First off, they shouldn't have bothered doing this as a 1-hour ep when it was CLEARLY written as 2 separate episodes. It thinned what was in there and trivialized some of the story aspects, most notably JD and Kim's time together.

I felt surprisingly bad that JD didn't get to be Cox's daughter's godfather.

Jordan has turned to carp the last few seasons. Girlfriend needs to calm down with the Botox.Yeah, I feel awful when I see Christa Miller, she had such a cute face and is such a funny actress, but the more she messes with her face, especially her lips, the freakier she is to look at and it becomes distracting.

Kelso and his cat fight were funny. So was his story about Enid chasing the neighbor around. Heh heh, that was disturbingly funny.

I say JD and Elliot stop before they get into it and Kim drops the kid at her wedding for the season premiere next yearI suspect they're faking you guys out and JD and Elliot are only holding hands to reassure each other that they're doing the right things with their respective significant others, they'll come back and JD and Elliot will hop off the table and go directly to their homes and move forward, no sex, no kissing, no nothing.

This is one of my favorite shows, but I hate how they go back to JD and Elliot, it reminds me of freaking Friends with Ross and Rachel, they try to get them together 8 million times instead of keeping them away from each other, I don't want Kim to be alone damn it!Yeah, ostracizing Kim was pretty harsh enough, she's funny and fits JD well, they shouldn't even consider playing that Ross & Rachel stuff, it's pap and they've been better than this.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-19-2007, 05:53 PM
One thing about this week: I didn't find it funny. That could be considered a problem for a sit-com. :rolleyes: Perhaps the last season is timed well, before the series truly gets stale.

I felt surprisingly bad that JD didn't get to be Cox's daughter's godfather.I ree-hee-hee-eally thought Cox would let him be the godmother, to give him yet another girl-name gag.

JediTricks
05-20-2007, 07:43 PM
I ree-hee-hee-eally thought Cox would let him be the godmother, to give him yet another girl-name gag.Haw, that never occurred to me! I think it would have worked too.

Rocketboy
05-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Oops, clicked the wrong thread.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Oops, clicked the wrong thread.Ha ha ha! Hilarious! And so true, so true. I loved that episode, too. Classic!

JimJamBonds
06-02-2007, 10:07 AM
I've only been watching Scrubs for about 6 months but in that time I've watched Seasons I - IV along with random episodes from V and VI. When did this show stop being a comedy and turn into drama? What I have watched from VI is decent but nothing like those early seasons, I don't see how it could last past season VII.

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 02:08 AM
It's always been somewhat dramatic, but lately it's gotten melodramatic and bordering on soap opera-y. At the same time though, they've also made JD more goofy and geeky.

Rocketboy
06-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Laverne is back...sorta.
And that ain't necessarily a good thing.

Scrubs Resuscitates Wright's role
Source: Variety (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117966985.html?categoryid=14&cs=1)
June 14, 2007

When "Scrubs" creator Bill Lawrence decided last season to kill off Nurse Laverne Roberts -- one of the show's key supporting characters -- he made a promise to actress Aloma Wright, reports Variety.

Should "Scrubs" return for a seventh season, he told Wright, she could don a new wig and play Laverne's twin sister, Shirley.

When Lawrence first plotted Nurse Roberts' death, he was pretty certain that "Scrubs" was in its final year. Mapping out the final year's storylines, he decided the death of a series regular would help shake things up.

A seventh season wasn't assured until the weekend before the upfront presentations last month, when NBC narrowly opted to renew "Scrubs" for one last year. Now, Lawrence is keeping his promise, and Wright has been given the opportunity to play a character who's the polar opposite of the spiritually minded Laverne: a single, alcoholic woman who shuns religion.http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=21047

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-15-2007, 01:39 PM
God, that's idiotic. Why wasn't she at the funeral, then?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-15-2007, 06:31 PM
God, that's idiotic. Why wasn't she at the funeral, then?

and where was Kim at whats his names funeral or why haven't we seen her around the hospital until season 6? I'm sure they'll make some joke about not seeing her or they'll cut to the scene and digitally insert her.

I actually REALLY like this idea for some reason. Wright is such a great actress and having a polar opposite of Laverne would be hysterical. Plus, c'mon, how awesome would it be to once again hear the "hmmmm mmmmmm" in Sacred Heart? :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
06-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Ick..... worst casting decision ever!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-16-2007, 01:05 PM
and where was Kim at whats his names funeral or why haven't we seen her around the hospital until season 6? I'm sure they'll make some joke about not seeing her or they'll cut to the scene and digitally insert her.

I actually REALLY like this idea for some reason. Wright is such a great actress and having a polar opposite of Laverne would be hysterical. Plus, c'mon, how awesome would it be to once again hear the "hmmmm mmmmmm" in Sacred Heart? :thumbsup:
It's one thing for Kim not to be at the funeral of Brendan Fraser's character (which I assume you're talking about), since she was just a random hospital worker who likely had nothing to do with him. It's quite different for someone's twin sister not to attend a funeral, even if she's apathetic or alcoholic or whatever.

Dunno. I just think this kind of takes away from the impact of her death in the first place. I might be able to tolerate this for one or two episodes but if she's a recurring character that'll just be too much.

JediTricks
06-18-2007, 10:35 PM
I don't mind it much, Laverne's death really didn't mean much outside the 2 episodes where they specifically forced it to resonate, and Laverne's character was way different in the earlier seasons. It'll seem weird at first though, no question.

As for why she wasn't at the funeral, could be they didn't get along, she was out of the country at the time, doesn't like funerals, black sheep of the family so they told her to stay away...

Bel-Cam Jos
06-19-2007, 12:05 PM
As for why she wasn't at the funeral, could be they didn't get along, she was out of the country at the time, doesn't like funerals, black sheep of the family so they told her to stay away...... or they hadn't decided to create a "new" character yet. Wait, that's weird... :rolleyes:

They could go Simpsons-episode-with-Ray-Romano and have the sister behind trees, blocked by other people, etc.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-09-2007, 09:35 AM
Comedy Central had the first-ever episode on the other day. That one wasn't as funny, a bit more of the serious tone of certain later episodes. But you could see where they were going with the series. Weird remembering that Turk and Carla weren't a couple. Note: Dr. Cox called him J.D., and no mentions of a woman's name for him.

JediTricks
08-09-2007, 03:11 PM
I liked the pilot a lot, but I was glad they eased up on the drama as it was too heavy at the time.

Cox calls him JD several times throughout the first season, JD kinda earns his girl names by getting more comfortable and behaving more like JD we know later.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-16-2007, 12:34 PM
FYI: Circuit City has all five seasons of SCRUBS on sale for $21.99 each. Pretty solid price! :thumbsup:

oh, and season 6 is due out October 30th! :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
10-04-2007, 01:38 PM
When's the last season start? JD better not get with Elliot...stay with Kim.

Kidhuman
10-04-2007, 07:05 PM
It usually starts around Dec/Jan

Rocketboy
10-04-2007, 11:03 PM
According to Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrubs_%28TV_series%29), the new season starts on October 25.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Hey! I just realized something. Did you know that "scrubs" doesn't just mean the work uniform of doctors, that it also means a person of poor quality? The characters are often messing up on the show, so I wonder if the writers were aware that their show title has a "hidden" meaning!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-06-2007, 12:55 PM
No, I don't want no scrubs.

JimJamBonds
10-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Season premire this Thursday after The Office.

DarthQuack
10-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Ok, I have no idea how to view this episode....the last part makes me think of sh*tty Friends and how they just went back and forth with Rachel and Ross which just ****ed me off....and now it feels like the same thing with Elliot and JD......Grrrrrrrrrr....sweet shirt by The Todd though.

Kidhuman
10-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Todds shirt was pretty nice. I thought it was funny, I missed Dr Coxs' rants and near peed myself when he called Turk a Ghandidiot.

JediTricks
10-26-2007, 07:35 PM
I really disliked the way the writers backpeddled JD's girlfriend being a good fit for him and the same with Elliot and Keith simply for another season of emotional fodder. And they covered it with faux depth which bothered me a lot. There were some good gags, some lame gags, and some funny flashes, but ultimately this felt like the wrong direction and it weighed down the episode.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Season premire this Thursday after The Office.I missed the parts prior to the theme song, so was there any visual of Elliot not going through with the wedding? Or did I miss something in the last season's ender? I assumed it was just a known detail in the storyline in the show (flashback epsiode coming up, perhaps?), but I might just be forgetful. Keep in mind, the writers could be Ross-Racheling the viewers and then POW! hit us with a great twist. Huh? Huh! :yes:

Forgetful? What's that again? :confused:

Kidhuman
10-27-2007, 07:22 PM
The sowed last seasons ender, they closed their eyes, went in for the kiss and JD opened his eyes and Elliott was across the room.

JimJamBonds
10-28-2007, 10:59 PM
If what JD said in his voice over is true (that he will stick it out with Kim) I think its lame that we already know how that will work with 16 episodes to go.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-01-2007, 09:22 PM
I really enjoyed tonights episode. It was good that JD and Kim ended things as I didn't want it to drag on for the season. I did enjoy their angry moments in the delivery room.

Kelso drunk was great stuff. I do like how he's supportive of his son, who we really need to meet before the season ends. Anybody else agree?

Cox was great tonight too; his tormenting of the interns was funny and Pint Size's voice irritates the crap out of me.

Plus, I LOVED the random cameo from Colin Hay and the VERY quick scene with Laverne's sister. I loved how JD touched on it and nothing else was said. Probably saving it for the next episode.

One question though: just who in the hell was watching Izzy (Turk and Carla's daughter) when they were at the hospital?!??!

Great episode! :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
11-02-2007, 02:03 PM
I enjoyed this episode as well. I just really hope they don't try to revisit JD and Elliot ala Ross and Rachel.....although it is NBC so who knows....They did a good job with JD and Kim....although I wished they had ended up together....but oh well.

Kidhuman
11-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Good episode, glad they didnt try and ride Kim and JD out to nothing. Hopefully they wont go the JD and Elliott route. Dr. Cox was funny trying to get his kid a shot and that squeaky voice nurse kills me.

JimJamBonds
11-03-2007, 07:13 PM
I'M GOING TO BE A BLUNCLE!

I thought it was a good episode, I'm also glad to see the JD/Kim thing is over.

DarthQuack
11-08-2007, 11:06 PM
I enjoyed tonight's episode, seeing JD's brother back was a nice treat too. Ted and the Janitor were cool.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-09-2007, 06:16 PM
It seems like it's been treading the same ground a lot recently, but it was good to have JD finally realize that he needs to grow up.

Aside from that, Janitor and Ted were hilarious last night.

JediTricks
11-09-2007, 09:56 PM
JD was a real tool in that episode, and it's a little frustrating that they keep devolving JD so he has to grow up more and more and more. Still, not a terrible ep, even if the Elliot storyline went nowhere.

Rocketboy
11-11-2007, 09:02 AM
Anyone think the writers strike will threaten the already shortened final season?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Anyone think the writers strike will threaten the already shortened final season?
I hope they'll at least tie up the loose ends in a few episodes or so after the strike is done.

I forgot to mention, but when Laverne's sister showed up in that one episode recently, is that the only time she'll be on? They seemed to set it up for her later return.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Somewhat off-topic, but Comedy Central had the musical episode on rerun this weekend; not too bad.

Anyone think the writers strike will threaten the already shortened final season?Well, the teams still have to play the games, even if mechanics and beer truck drivers will fill the roster spots. Then they'd have to change the name to Scabs, which still works. :rolleyes:

TeeEye7
11-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Somewhat off-topic, but Comedy Central had the musical episode on rerun this weekend; not too bad.

Well, the teams still have to play the games, even if mechanics and beer truck drivers will fill the roster spots. Then they'd have to change the name to Scabs, which still works. :rolleyes:

lol
Erudite humor always rocks in my book, BCJ! :thumbsup:
Nicely done!

JediTricks
11-13-2007, 09:43 PM
This was on IMDB news just today:

Scrubs creator Bill Lawrence refused to write an emergency finale to the hit TV show amid writers' strikes in Hollywood - because he insists the show will go on. Lawrence declined a pre-strike request to create a back-up ending for the show which would allow Abc Studios to finish filming the series early if the strikes continue into next year. Instead, Lawrence will carry on writing the show as usual and is refusing to let the dispute disrupt the making of the show. He tells Moviehole.net, "I will use all my leverage to end this show properly, even if it means I have to do all the voices myself and call people up to read it over the phone." Members of the Writers Guild Of America have been striking since last week after talks between the union and studio representatives failed to resolve a dispute over royalties. The hospital sitcom is one of several shows - including Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives - that may be forced to halt production if the writers' walkout continues.

JimJamBonds
11-13-2007, 10:34 PM
The one 'good' thing that I can see is that the Scrubs premire was later compared to say The Office so hopefully they have a bunch of episodes ready to roll that haven't aired.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-17-2007, 09:34 PM
In this week's Entertainment Weekly, they had a chart of which shows had how many episodes left. None had very many, but Scrubs still had a few (I don't remember the exact number).

Kidhuman
11-18-2007, 05:19 AM
The studios and writers are getting back to negotiations this week, hopefully they can get this resoled and only a few weeks of repeats on all shows.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-30-2007, 12:17 AM
When I saw Kelso's age on the party cake during tonight's episode, I figured what would happen. This was sorta funny and sorta serious; like the series has been. The opening in-the-park-with-the-babies was just plain bizarre.

JediTricks
11-30-2007, 01:50 PM
I thought this ep mostly worked, less janitor and elliott probably helped. I too figured Kelso's age meant he was out, that ending was sad.

I thought baby-marionette theater was pretty funny, fit those 2 well. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-30-2007, 07:34 PM
I thought this ep mostly worked, less janitor and elliott probably helped. I too figured Kelso's age meant he was out, that ending was sad.

I thought baby-marionette theater was pretty funny, fit those 2 well. :D

Yeah, the baby thing was really funny. THe hand motions and the dialogue were great; catch a Wiggles concert, head back to my crib, pop open some formula and see what happens. lol

I wonder what will become of Kelso though; he has to at least stay on and hang around the hospital in some sort of job. Then again, I always assumed he would step down and Cox would take his place.

Overall, great episode! :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
11-30-2007, 08:19 PM
I gotta agree the babies were damn funny. I loved the GIANT props. I felt bad for Kelso, WTG Dumbass Elliott.

JimJamBonds
12-04-2007, 08:58 PM
I wonder what will become of Kelso though; he has to at least stay on and hang around the hospital in some sort of job. Then again, I always assumed he would step down and Cox would take his place.

Sounds like a problem that would nearly take until May to figure out. ;)

Rocketboy
03-12-2008, 11:04 AM
As for the NBC's other medical series that was slated to retire this June, "Scrubs" is also now expected to make a return next year. Star John C. McGinley was even quoted this week as saying the show's long-rumored move from NBC to ABC is a done deal.http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=42884

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-12-2008, 12:11 PM
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=42884

So, wait, does this mean we're getting another season or will they just finish up the current season on ABC or? I'm curious.

UKWildcat
03-12-2008, 01:28 PM
From what I've heard, is that we will actually be getting another season. But this stuff changes daily, so who knows?!?!?

JediTricks
03-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Wow, that's a crazy turn of events.

Kidhuman
03-12-2008, 09:05 PM
I like it, the more Scrubs the merrier

JimJamBonds
03-22-2008, 10:45 AM
I do like the idea of a full final season!

Bel-Cam Jos
03-23-2008, 09:05 AM
Wonder if they'll write the delay from the strike into the plots. I can see a JD flashback/fantasy that hints at a "lost episodes" DVD series right now... :headcockedandlookingupwards:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-25-2008, 01:52 PM
I know it comes back to NBC April 10, at least.

JimJamBonds
04-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Does anybody know what was said by Turk and Carla at the end of the episode that wasn't translated into English?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Does anybody know what was said by Turk and Carla at the end of the episode that wasn't translated into English?

supposedly, Turk said something like how they were probably going to end up together in 5 weeks (date of the finale) and Carla replied that many people were not going to like that.

JimJamBonds
04-10-2008, 09:25 PM
supposedly, Turk said something like how they were probably going to end up together in 5 weeks (date of the finale) and Carla replied that many people were not going to like that.

Thanks JMG. And then what about next season?:D I guess that will be ABC's problem.

JediTricks
04-11-2008, 03:28 PM
"Fat daddy" - that line read was so perfect. Good episode, great to have it back, and I'm just glad the burn victim kid didn't die on us.

Jargo
04-11-2008, 06:14 PM
I love scrubs. my partner hates it. i don't get to watch it very often. tis one of the few shows around that constantly makes me emote. Kelso is fantastic. I want to be just like him when i'm older.

Kidhuman
04-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Kelso is the best character on there. Dr. Cox was funny back when, but now its all about Kelso ad Turk.

JimJamBonds
04-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Was anybody else suprised that Dr. Kelso walked off? If the show was ending in May then it makes sense however since there will be another season I didn't see it happening.

I'm not sure if I said this in this thread or not but my prediction has been that Cox gets Kelso's job and JD take Cox's.

UKWildcat
04-27-2008, 01:24 PM
I was surprised. Kelso is one of my favorite characters, if not my favorite character, and he will definitely be missed (if he is gone for good). :cry:

I love how he went out though, 'on his own terms'. lol

Bel-Cam Jos
04-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Dang it! Did I miss an episode? I thought this week was the newest one. If I could post Eliot's favorite German curse word here, I would! :upset:

JediTricks
04-29-2008, 12:43 AM
I thought this was a little sentimental, but did a good job, and Kelso walking out was a big surprise. I thought it interesting that Kelso showed himself to be more like Cox than we expected, and vice-versa, which made for a good statement but didn't seem all that honest to either character.

Rocketboy
05-02-2008, 12:58 AM
Zach Braff posted a Scrubs update on Myspace:
Dear Friends,
I am sorry it has taken me so long to write, but I feel kindo silly posting without anything too interesting to say. I've also been stalling to talk about some big Scrubs news, however I've just been informed that I'm not allowed to talk about anything related to Scrubs and it's current fate. What I can tell you is that we are currently shooting 18 episodes for the 8th season. I am not allowed to discuss where one might watch them. (More news to come.)

But I can tell you that the coolest episode we've ever done is going to air on May 8th at 8:30(E/P). I directed it and it's a GIANT homage to "The Princess Bride". Dr. Cox has to make up a fairy tale for his son and he does so using everything that happened in the hospital that day. It's by far the most epic (and expensive) episode we've ever done. (Monsters, potions, evil wizards, giants, hunchbacks, gnomes – like "World of Warcraft", but Scrubs…)
I'll be posting an exclusive clip on this site in a few days.Unless the Scrubs on ABC deal fell through I don't know what the big secret could be, since possibly going to ABC wasn't exactly a secret.

JediTricks
05-02-2008, 04:35 AM
Probably the deal isn't signed yet for distribution, only the paying for it aspect.

Tonight's episode was a little off, but a lot of it worked, especially Ted getting his manhood back (not to be confused with Turk getting his... well, you know). The stuff with Elliot felt really forced though.

Kidhuman
05-02-2008, 05:56 AM
I think the stuff with JD and Elliot seemed forced, but might have been that way on pirpose. They have that on and off relationship and I think neither wants to et hurt agai, so they approach each other slowly.

I liked it, some good laughs. Glad to see Kelso in an episode, even if for a few moments.

JimJamBonds
05-03-2008, 04:22 AM
I missed the first part of the preview for the season finale, what caused Kelso to say that JD and Elliot were suspended?

UKWildcat
05-08-2008, 10:56 PM
I thought tonights episode was pretty neat, even though it made no sense with Bob Kelso still being there. They should have aired this one a couple weeks ago, when it was supposed to have aired, and left the season finale with Kelso leaving/looking back. Other than that (major beef), I liked the episode; definitely different.

Kidhuman
05-09-2008, 04:22 AM
They interupted it here with the tornado warnings and torms, but they re aired it at 4am so I DVR'd it then. Will watch it later on today

JediTricks
05-09-2008, 04:20 PM
I thought it was cute, but very bad for a so-called "series finale" (which I'm hoping is NOT the case). It was way too much of a throwback to much earlier in the season, and the ending was the standard downer that this show shouldn't go out on. I dunno, as cute as it was, I ultimately feel like NBC cheated us.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-09-2008, 04:23 PM
I thought it was cute, but very bad for a so-called "series finale" (which I'm hoping is NOT the case). It was way too much of a throwback to much earlier in the season, and the ending was the standard downer that this show shouldn't go out on. I dunno, as cute as it was, I ultimately feel like NBC cheated us.

huh? It's returning to ABC next year with 18 episodes, according to Braff and McGinley.

Kidhuman
05-09-2008, 06:19 PM
I thought it was funny. I liked the My name is....line, quite funny. I dont like the order tey did the last shows in with Kelso, it reminded me of last year when Dr. Cox shaved his head and ten had a full head of hair.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-09-2008, 07:24 PM
huh? It's returning to ABC next year with 18 episodes, according to Braff and McGinley.I didn't notice any "series finale" commercials, only "season finale" ones. So, switching networks, eh? Hadn't heard that. I liked this one; the "cute" line JT used fits well. Never thought Dr. Cox would refer to himself as "Percival." And naming a horse "Sasha?" Makes no sense. Now, for a scooter... :pleased:

JimJamBonds
05-11-2008, 01:38 PM
I thought it was a good episode but showing it out of order took away from it a bit.

Rocketboy
05-11-2008, 10:54 PM
I didn't notice any "series finale" commercials, only "season finale" ones. Actually NBC kept saying it was the "Scrubs finale" - season or series was never mentioned.

JediTricks
05-12-2008, 05:08 AM
huh? It's returning to ABC next year with 18 episodes, according to Braff and McGinley.Yeah, but it's not finalized. NBC screwed over Star Trek exactly the same way, ABC tried to buy it and NBC soured the deal (there they destroyed the sets that ABC was trying to buy, which made the deal financially shaky for ABC, since then they just pull weird contractual options out their bums). In either event though, NBC treated this as a "series finale" in all their ads.