PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to Japan... Oh, yeah! Oh, yeah!

JEDIpartner
01-12-2006, 09:16 AM
My mom and I booked our trip to Japan yesterday. We had to move up the trip from May to March because we got a great fare to Osaka on United Airlines. It's only $488/person roundtrip, which is a heck of a lot better than the $1400/person we were expecting to pay!!! Thank goodness my friend Debbie gets e-mails from travelzoo.com!!!

WOO-HOO!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

This will be my sixth trip there to visit my family. I think this may be my mom's last trip home. :sad: On a happier note, I can't wait to hit the TRUs there and see what sorts of figures I can find. I COULD be a whole wave ahead of the rest of you... ;)

Jargo
01-12-2006, 01:29 PM
good to see the kid inside of some people never dies. I got an image of JP in my head doing a little jumping up and down and spinning around dance of glee. :)

CaptainSolo1138
01-12-2006, 01:32 PM
My wife used to live in Osaka. She loved it there. Have fun, JP, I'm jealous (if you want, I'll make the sacrifice and let you go to class for me and I'll go to Japan for you).

Deoxyribonucleic
01-12-2006, 02:00 PM
have a very very fun trip my friend! I am jealous, I'd really like to go there!

JEDIpartner
01-12-2006, 02:42 PM
good to see the kid inside of some people never dies. I got an image of JP in my head doing a little jumping up and down and spinning around dance of glee. :)

Yeah... you know that's how I am! I was doing the Snoopy dance. :love:

My wife used to live in Osaka. She loved it there. Have fun, JP, I'm jealous (if you want, I'll make the sacrifice and let you go to class for me and I'll go to Japan for you).

Yeah... that'll happen, mister!! LOL I know the weather won't be amazing yet but I know we'll have a great trip... and the cherry blossoms will be coming into bloom towards the end of our trip.

have a very very fun trip my friend! I am jealous, I'd really like to go there!

I think you'd like it there! We'll be traveling from Osaka to Koriyama, which is mom's hometown north of Tokyo and then back through Tokyo/Yokohama and then back to Osaka.

I am SO excited!!!

Kidhuman
01-12-2006, 04:00 PM
Bring me back a PS3 please.

Jargo
01-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Oh just bring me back a nice japanese boy.....

What? :smoker:

bobafrett
01-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Cool JP! Have a great time, take lots of pictures, and bring me home a bride about 25 to 35 years old! (others here is asking JP to bring them home something, just thought I would ask)

mabudonicus
01-13-2006, 05:28 AM
I'll just mark it down and call ya every day while you're away :beard:

Seriously, though, hope you have a blast Bro- mybuddy is in the far north of Japan right now, living on a farm- he's been shovelling snow off of greenhouses since he got there, but he is having a real fine time- eating lots of tentacles and so forth....

Hopefully I will speak with you before then, if I can ever get it right :)

sith_killer_99
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
Congrats!

I love Japan!:thumbsup:

The 2 months I spent there was not nearly long enough. I have been trying to get stationed there ever since I left.:love: They have such a great culture!

Visiting family? I assume you will be staying with them. Do you speak Japanese? I only learned a few phrases, but I would love to learn the language. My problem is that I'm not very good with foreign languages, phrases, etc. no problem, but learning structure grammer, etc. I'm not so good.

Anyway, congrats on the up coming trip, I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.:yes:

JEDIpartner
01-13-2006, 08:53 AM
I'm staying with family about 1/2 the time. I speak the language a little but was so harassed for being Japanese when I was a kid. The area to which we moved was all white and it was the mid-70s and I think they only knew about Mr. Sulu, M*A*S*H and WWII. So... I knew I couldn't make myself LOOK any different but if I didn't speak the language, then it would make me less Japanese in my mind... so I never made it a point to learn very much. I hated the kids at my school. They were a bunch of bigoted arse-wipes.

Ji'dai
01-13-2006, 11:42 AM
Wow, that sounds like a great trip.

Think you could make a side trip to see a man in Okinawa and pick me up Japanese steel? His name is Hanzo and he runs a little sushi shop ;)